Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » PB Nighthawks is open

SystemSystem Posts: 11,005
edited June 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » PB Nighthawks is open

Why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,200
    First?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,964
    Good evening, everyone.

Sadly, Murray Walker has been diagnosed with cancer. He fell recently, and scans for that revealed the cancer early, which should help his chances of recovery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22946026

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KwSfjYRuIQ
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    Co-op bank looks in a right mess. Time to start being a bank and exit politics.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,280
    I think I'm in the 17%.

As the latest G8 Summit in Northern Ireland is set to be dominated by international division over the ongoing conflict in Syria, support for the British government providing arms to the Syrian rebels is at just 17%, while 53% oppose the idea.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-06-17/majority-of-british-public-against-arming-syrian-rebels/
  • Options
    @Mr Dancer, that's very disappointing about Murray Walker.

From this morning, no wonder Bob's stopped posting if you keep on comparing him to Valerian.
  • Options
    Can you guess who wrote this?

U-turn if you want to, Ed Miliband’s still a dud

There’s just one thing missing from Labour’s recent policy changes: a convincing leader

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/10125185/U-turn-if-you-want-to-Ed-Milibands-still-a-dud.html
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, I think you'll find I compared *you* to Valerian!

It's sad about Murray Walker, but the fall meant they caught it earlier than they otherwise would. Ironically, breaking his pelvis has improved his life expectancy.
  • Options

It's sad about Murray Walker, but the fall meant they caught it earlier than they otherwise would. Ironically, breaking his pelvis has improved his life expectancy.

Oh, well no one's ever used me as a human foot stool.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,123
    I have been wittering on in the previous thread. Edited highlights:

What sort of a numpty, by the way, prices Gove at 12/1?

Osborne is more likely and there are about 10 tory cabinet ministers more likely than him. Quite absurd. If the tories had 4 cabinet members they would be Cameron, Gove, Osborne and Hague. Everyone else is negotiable and they should remember it when they want to chirp.

And I was wondering if the Aussies would give us a game this summer given their abysmal performance in this tournament. After we lose to SA we play no one else for months.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    My niece Alice is staying with me tonight in advance of a two day work placement with her local MP at the House of Commons. If any pb readers see a waiflike 18 year old drifting serenely around SW1, do say hello to her. Just don't get her on the subject of animal rights.
  • Options

There’s just one thing missing from Labour’s recent policy changes: a convincing leader

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/10125185/U-turn-if-you-want-to-Ed-Milibands-still-a-dud.html

Ehh, first name rhymes with van?
  • Options
    Oh really, Mr. Eagles?

Kingdom Asunder's going to start with that sort of scene, actually. Probably.
  • Options
    Mr. L, Han Solo does not write for the Telegraph.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I have been wittering on in the previous thread. Edited highlights:

What sort of a numpty, by the way, prices Gove at 12/1?

Osborne is more likely and there are about 10 tory cabinet ministers more likely than him. Quite absurd. If the tories had 4 cabinet members they would be Cameron, Gove, Osborne and Hague. Everyone else is negotiable and they should remember it when they want to chirp.

And I was wondering if the Aussies would give us a game this summer given their abysmal performance in this tournament. After we lose to SA we play no one else for months.

Bah, we're going to hammer the Saffers.
  • Options

Oh really, Mr. Eagles?

Mr Antifrank once compared Nick Clegg to Emperor Valerian, and compared the Tory party to the Persians.
  • Options

I think I'm in the 17%.

As the latest G8 Summit in Northern Ireland is set to be dominated by international division over the ongoing conflict in Syria, support for the British government providing arms to the Syrian rebels is at just 17%, while 53% oppose the idea.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-06-17/majority-of-british-public-against-arming-syrian-rebels/

You have to bear in mind some of the rebels are Al Qaeda.
  • Options
    On a classical note, Crassus went to Syria in search of military glory and ended ignominiously there. David Cameron should take note.
  • Options
    Not sure that quite works. Valerian didn't volunteer to be a footstool, after all.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    @foxinsox just in case you log in here tonight:

Many thanks for the reply on the earlier thread, I appreciate it.
  • Options

I think I'm in the 17%.

Yeah but, I look at those opposed to sending weapons to Syria.

George Galloway, Nick Griffin and I ask myself do I really want to be on the same side as those.

• Options

Mr. L, Han Solo does not write for the Telegraph.

Close, but that is no cigar as Monica once said (allegedly).

• Options
    antifrank said:

On a classical note, Crassus went to Syria in search of military glory and ended ignominiously there. David Cameron should take note.

So if Cameron intervenes in Syria, there'll be a civil war in this country as Lord Ashcroft crosses the River Don?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I hope you all checked out the Waterloo video.
  • Options
    Mr. Antifrank, you're quite right that the Battle of Carrhae had a significantly detrimental effect upon Crassus' career.

On the other hand, his tactics were a bit moronic.
  • Options
    @Morris_Dancer so far David Cameron's tactics over Syria have been fairly moronic too.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton

Labour, the Lib Dems, most Tory MPs and Boris Johnson all oppose arming the Syrian rebels. Cameron can't win. http://bit.ly/1bMp00I
    The Guardian ‏@guardian

Tony Blair calls for west to intervene in Syria conflict: http://gu.com/p/3gtkj/tf
  • Options
    Whilst I concur arming the rebels now would be a significant mistake, he would have to go some to match Crassus' mistakes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I think I'm in the 17%.

George Galloway, Nick Griffin and I ask myself do I really want to be on the same side as those.

Do you really want to be on the same side as the blokes wot attacked the soldier in Woolwich?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I think I'm in the 17%.

Do you really want to be on the same side as the bloke wot attacked the soldier in Woolwich?
    No.

But we can't sit idly by as Assad kills 100,000 people

• Options
    IOSIOS Posts: 1,450
    If you read the article in the new statesman with David Miliband he appears to not know when the last general election was or was going to be.

Is it me?
  • Options

I think I'm in the 17%.

Do you really want to be on the same side as the bloke wot attacked the soldier in Woolwich?
    No.

But we can't sit idly by as Assad kills 100k.

So when are you signing up for Cameron's damn-fool idealistic crusade?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Factcheck for Blair and his fans.
    Assad backers reportedly make up 43 percent of dead in Syria

BEIRUT — A new count of the dead in Syria by the group that’s considered the most authoritative tracker of violence there has concluded that more than 40 percent were government soldiers and pro-government militia members.

The new numbers from the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights provide a previously unseen view of the toll the civil war has taken on communities that have supported the government. They also cast doubt on the widely repeated assertion that the government of President Bashar Assad is responsible for an overwhelming majority of the deaths there.

According to the new statistics, which the Syrian Observatory passed to McClatchy by phone, at least 96,431 people have lost their lives in the more than two years of violence that’s wracked Syria.

Of those, Syrian soldiers and members of the government’s security forces account for 24,617, while members of pro-government militias make up 17,031. Taken together, those deaths account for 43.2 percent of the total recorded.

Civilian noncombatants are the next largest group of the dead – 35,479, or 36.8 percent of the total, according to the human rights group.

Deaths among anti-Assad fighters total 16,699, or 17.3 percent, according to the new numbers. Of those, 12,615 were Syrian civilians who’d picked up arms against the regime, 1,965 were rebel fighters who’d defected from the Syrian military and 2,119 were foreigners who were killed fighting on the Syrian rebels’ behalf.

The observatory’s director, Rami Abdurrahman, said the group had been unable to determine what role, if any, 2,460 of the dead had had in the fighting. Fighters from the Lebanese group Hezbollah, which has recently sent hundreds of members to Syria on Assad’s behalf, account for 145 deaths, the group said.

There are no official counts of deaths in Syria, and the observatory’s new statistics are likely to be sharply disputed. Another group, the Syrian Network for Human Rights, which makes no effort to tally government casualties, released a report last Wednesday that claimed that it had documented 83,598 deaths, of which 75,992 were civilians and 7,606 were rebel fighters.

The observatory, however, is considered the most authoritative source for reports on the daily violence in Syria, and it’s the only group that routinely attempts to categorize deaths according to whether the victims were civilians, rebels or government fighters.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/06/03/192881/assad-backers-reportedly-make.html#.Ub93iZwQPRW
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    antifrank said:

So did Caracalla, and got knifed by one of his own side so probably more relevant here.

• Options
    BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536
    DavidL said:

Hodges is so one dimensional he must bore even Tories to death
  • Options

I think I'm in the 17%.

No.

I wouldn't call it a crusade for starters, particularly in that part of the world.

Although can I be the first to christen David Cameron, David Cœur de Lion
  • Options

Yes. Get well soon Mr Walker - one of the all time greats of TV sport
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    TSE
    I am going to the Oval. India must be favourites to win overall, I think we have a chance against the Saffers.
  • Options
    Bobajob said:

DavidL said:

I'm waiting for May 2015, and his piece which says "Ed's majority of 150 is bad for Labour and Ed"
  • Options
    He must secretly really want Miliband to win. Then he can spend the next 4, 8, 10 years writing his same article over and over again.
  • Options

I think I'm in the 17%.

No.

I wouldn't call it a crusade for starters, particularly in that part of the world.

He's a "near-perfect" prime minister, I take it?
  • Options

TSE
    I am going to the Oval. India must be favourites to win overall, I think we have a chance against the Saffers.

Enjoy.

I think India will win, but an England v India final at Edgbaston will be close.
  • Options

I think I'm in the 17%.

No.

Nah, Cœur de Lion was a Frenchman.

Nothing perfect about that.
  • Options
    Is Dan Hodges still not writing about Blair's china crisis?

A pity. :)
  • Options
    Mick

I can't wait until hodges has to explain why he isn't going to run down whitehall naked when ukip poll more than 6%
  • Options

I think I'm in the 17%.

No.

Nah, Cœur de Lion was a Frenchman.

Nothing perfect about that.
    Just reassure yourself that Depeche Mode is the French for "fashion despatch" (not, as erroneously thought by some, for "fast fashion"!).
  • Options
    IOS said:

Mick

I can't wait until hodges has to explain why he isn't going to run down whitehall naked when ukip poll more than 6%

Considering the amount of somewhat 'brave' bets he has with Mike Smithson and others he likely won't have the shirt on his back anyway. ;)

• Options
    I like the article on Borisstan. It sounds very appealing.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,444
    The 1959 election show has been posted on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezBx-ro5frg&amp
  • Options
    by china crises - do you mean ms weng. surely that isn't true.
  • Options
    @IOS it's been officially denied.
  • Options
    Mr. X, Caracalla provoked his side even more than Cameron!

Indeed, Mr. Bobajob. Now I come to think of it, I stopped watching it shortly after he retired, I think.
  • Options
    Antifrank.

Are you saying nothing is true until its officially denied. Surely such a comment wouldn't need even mentioning?
  • Options

Bobajob said:

DavidL said:

I'm waiting for May 2015, and his piece which says "Ed's majority of 150 is bad for Labour and Ed"
    IOS said:

He must secretly really want Miliband to win. Then he can spend the next 4, 8, 10 years writing his same article over and over again.

Presumably he would do that whether Ed a) won b) lost c) quit Earth and established a free-love socialist utopia on the Moon
  • Options
    IOS said:

Antifrank.

Are you saying nothing is true until its officially denied. Surely such a comment wouldn't need even mentioning?

Of course it isn't true. We all know the sainted Tony is a man of scrupulous morals and pious certainties. Would a pretty straight sort of a guy like Blair have kept holidaying at the villa of a tower of moral sanctity like Berlusconi if there was the slightest doubt of his cast iron core of family values and christian goodwill to all men? Quite. ;)

• Options
    BobaJob

Labour definitely got the right Miliband. Unless it's a miss quote David seems to think the last election was in April 2012?!
  • Options
    @Mick Pork

You know nothing of the kind. I would be very careful about anything you might like to insinuate, unless of course your bank account is very healthy and you could stand a libel case...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    IOS said:

BobaJob

Labour definitely got the right Miliband. Unless it's a miss quote David seems to think the last election was in April 2012?!

Maybe he was planning to challenge Gordon Brown by then. If nothing came up of course. Ed may be useless but they definitely got the right one.

• Options
    So you are a pensioner living on your investment income. Do you (a) write off half your capital by taking shares or (b) demand that the management stop lending money to losers like the Labour party?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/10125254/Co-operative-Bank-faces-nationalisation-if-junior-bondholders-reject-haircut.html

It's a tough one.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I had almost inexplicably forgotten this other shining example of Blair's chaste brand of christian family values.

Berlusconi probably has this part on a talking book loop to, er, help remind him of his close friends literary prowess. ;)
    ‘Animal’ Tony Blair up for Bad Sex Award

The former PM’s account of a night of passion with Cherie could win A Journey its first literary prize

Tony Blair's memoir A Journey is in the running for a prestigious literary award less than two months after it was published - and the author has broken new ground by winning the nomination.

However, Blair is unlikely to be flashing his Cheshire cat grin at the news, because the prize in question is the least sought-after gong in publishing - the Literary Review's Bad Sex Award.

The passage that caught the judges' eye is a toe-curling account of a night of passion spent with his wife Cherie, in which the former Prime Minister freely admits that he "selfishly" released his inner "animal".

http://www.theweek.co.uk/people-news/10715/‘animal’-tony-blair-bad-sex-award
    What Dan Hodges thought of that is best not dwelled upon.

• Options

@Mick Pork

You know nothing of the kind. I would be very careful about anything you might like to insinuate, unless of course your bank account is very healthy and you could stand a libel case...

I said it wasn't true. As have most of the British media. Dacre even splashed it across his front page so convinced was he of Tony's innocence in the matter. So take your crude bluster elsewhere chum as I am perfectly aware of what can and cannot be said on the matter.

• Options

No.

But we can't sit idly by as Assad kills 100,000 people

And at what number of fatalities does it become acceptable to violate the sovereignty of other nation states? One hundred or one thousand or one hundred thousand? This sort of argument is based on emotion, not on reason. Its logical consequence is the acceptance of the right of the People's Republic of China to intervene in the United Kingdom because the PRC was unhappy about the maintenance of the Queen's Peace in the Rhonnda.

• Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,444
    "Ieuan Wyn Jones to stand down as Yyns Mon AM":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22944836
  • Options
    I am glad you are so confident. One day it will get you into trouble. Sally Bercow thought she was ok.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I am glad you are so confident. One day it will get you into trouble. Sally Bercow thought she was ok.

It's not confidence it's common sense. Since you bring up Bercow take a gander at some of twitter and what is being said. Blair would be VERY busy since there is no shortage of those who have not done as I have and explicitly said he did not do it.

You worry about yourself and your somewhat overbearing manner and I'll worry about self-evidently harmless comment. Mr Smithson also had a jokey aside about Blair Deng and a number 74 bus of all things so I am in good company.

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Oh really, Mr. Eagles?

I personally always preferred the drinking gold one, but IIRC Conn Igeldon (?sp) used it recently in one of the Genghis Khan books
  • Options
    @mick Pork.

Well you obviously know where you think you are so we will leave it there. Perhaps you could try to be less rude to people. I never insulted you, but you seem unable to be polite to another poster. Remember that ;) . its no defence, not anymore, anyway. Sweet dreams.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

@mick Pork.

Well you obviously know where you think you are so we will leave it there. Perhaps you could try to be less rude to people. I never insulted you, but you seem unable to be polite to another poster. Remember that ;) . its no defence, not anymore, anyway. Sweet dreams.

In your fantasy world issuing hilariously crude and overbearing threats over anything that could remotely be construed as less than gushing praise for your saintly Tony Blair isn't rude??

Okay chum whatever you say. Go back to sleep as it sounds like you need it lest you get any more upset and grumpy. ;)

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,570
    I presume a lot of thought and consideration went into the drafting of this statement :

"A spokesman for Mr Blair, 60, told the Hollywood Reporter: ‘If you are asking if they are having an affair, the answer is no.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2341825/Tony-Blair-strongly-denies-affair-Wendi-Deng-outrageous-rumours-sweep-internet-reason-Murdoch-divorce.html#ixzz2WW0il5lt
  • Options
    @ mick Pork,
    I said less rude not more rude, you really ought to try and be polite to people, politeness costs nothing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @CarlottaVance There is a follow up to that where more thought was given to the specifics of the denial, somewhat belatedly.

Wolff and Peston seem confident enough in what they have said not to worry about crude threats funnily enough.
  • Options

@ mick Pork,
    I said less rude not more rude, you really ought to try and be polite to people, politeness costs nothing.

Try it yourself before recommending it to others.

• Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    edited June 2013
    From OP: * Or if you prefer a short video about the Battle of Waterloo, click here.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
  • Options
    I have never been rude to anyone, perhaps you are a bit touchy that I have picked up on your posting style that is less than polite. Pointing out something to someone cannot described as rude, your reaction to it say more than I could ever write.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I have never been rude to anyone, perhaps you are a bit touchy that I have picked up on your posting style that is less than polite. Pointing out something to someone cannot described as rude, your reaction to it say more than I could ever write.

Whereas the manner of your original post seems ludicrously at odds with your less than convincing protestations now and speaks volumes.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

Pork was known for two things , his love of Salmond and loathing for Murdoch.

Then this happened ;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/apr/25/alex-salmond-rupert-murdoch-ties

Frankly , it's no longer possible to take Mick Pork's postings seriously.
  • Options
    JamesKellyJamesKelly Posts: 1,348
    "Frankly , it's no longer possible to take Mick Pork's postings seriously."

Says the UKIP supporter who lives in Italy.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

"Frankly , it's no longer possible to take Mick Pork's postings seriously."

Says the UKIP supporter who lives in Italy.

Monica is known for his love of Berlusconi and his love of Blair as well as his love for Murdoch.

Then this happened ;

Like all great political friendships, the one between Blair and Berlusconi was troubled by the odd frisson. But Italian and British officials alike will attest that the rapport between them was real. Someone present at one of their convivial encounters told the Guardian that Berlusconi had been quite unable to contain his admiration for the British leader.

"You know, Tony?" he blurted out. "If you were a woman, I'd ask you to marry me." According to the source, Blair replied: "You know, Silvio? If you were as rich as you are, I think I'd accept."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/14/silvio-berlusconi-backs-tony-blair

Frankly, it was never possible to take Monica's posts seriously.
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    edited June 2013
    "And at what number of fatalities does it become acceptable to violate the sovereignty of other nation states? One hundred or one thousand or one hundred thousand? This sort of argument is based on emotion, not on reason. Its logical consequence is the acceptance of the right of the People's Republic of China to intervene in the United Kingdom because the PRC was unhappy about the maintenance of the Queen's Peace in the Rhonnda."

There needn't be a single number; life is not full of clear distinctions and harsh lines. At some point, it becomes in the best interests of Syria - bearing in mind the relative parties to the conflict, their strengths, and the effectiveness of intervention - that the UK would do best to take a side.

A particular interest of mine is the Spanish Civil War, where the UK pursued a policy of non-intervention (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-intervention_in_the_Spanish_Civil_War) which it mostly stuck to. It had little, and arguably no, success in bringing about a peaceful end to the war. Instead it placed Britain immobile while others acted, unable to respond to developments because it had effectively ruled out any change in its position going forward. Instead the UK in 2013 must be prepared to use a wider range of options to bring about the swiftest possible end to hostilities and deaths in Syria.
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    Andy_JS said:

Loads fewer fatties. Smoking?
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596

I think I'm in the 17%.

I'm prepared to be persuaded, but as it stands, getting into a proxy war against iran, just at the point that they have chosen a supposedly more liberal president doesn't necessarily sound like a great idea.

I can't see what the positive outcome can be- if the object is "regime change" - who's going to replace Assad? and can we really see them being any better?
  • Options
    If we leave it and let the Saudis arm the Sunni faction then we won't have to put up with the cabinet pretending they're doing it for humanitarian reasons rather than simply doing what the US government told them to.
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596
    MrJones said:

Andy_JS said:

4 July 1954: Meat and all other food rationing ended in Britain
  • Options
    "Yeah but, I look at those opposed to sending weapons to Syria.

George Galloway, Nick Griffin and I ask myself do I really want to be on the same side as those."

Evidently the Deputy Editor of this site should be joining Yes Scotland as a matter of some urgency.
  • Options
    Grandiose said:

"And at what number of fatalities does it become acceptable to violate the sovereignty of other nation states? One hundred or one thousand or one hundred thousand? This sort of argument is based on emotion, not on reason. Its logical consequence is the acceptance of the right of the People's Republic of China to intervene in the United Kingdom because the PRC was unhappy about the maintenance of the Queen's Peace in the Rhonnda."

There needn't be a single number; life is not full of clear distinctions and harsh lines. At some point, it becomes in the best interests of Syria - bearing in mind the relative parties to the conflict, their strengths, and the effectiveness of intervention - that the UK would do best to take a side.

A particular interest of mine is the Spanish Civil War, where the UK pursued a policy of non-intervention (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-intervention_in_the_Spanish_Civil_War) which it mostly stuck to. It had little, and arguably no, success in bringing about a peaceful end to the war. Instead it placed Britain immobile while others acted, unable to respond to developments because it had effectively ruled out any change in its position going forward. Instead the UK in 2013 must be prepared to use a wider range of options to bring about the swiftest possible end to hostilities and deaths in Syria.

If Republican Spain had won then i think Hitler would have invaded, got Gibraltar and sealed off the med. Swings and roundabouts.
  • Options

MrJones said:

Andy_JS said:

4 July 1954: Meat and all other food rationing ended in Britain
    Good point.
  • Options
    It's a minor miracle that the 1959 election results programme still exists, given that both the BBC and ITV junked their coverage of the moon landings a full ten years later.
  • Options

"Yeah but, I look at those opposed to sending weapons to Syria.

George Galloway, Nick Griffin and I ask myself do I really want to be on the same side as those."

Evidently the Deputy Editor of this site should be joining Yes Scotland as a matter of some urgency.

The resounding cheer that Galloway receives at the end of his answer on QT is the voice of young Scotland ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAGGxgrR4qo

Good-bye and good riddance , grudge and grievance.
  • Options
    "The resounding cheer that Galloway receives at the end of his answer on QT is the voice of young Scotland"

I take it you heard the resounding cheer for Angus Robertson when he protested about the imbalance on the panel? That must have been the voice of young Scotland as well. It's a fickle entity, isn't it?

Alternatively, it might simply be comprised of people with different views. You must be appalled.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Galloway has described UKIP's leader, Nigel Farage as a poor man's version of himself.
  • Options
    "George Galloway has described UKIP's leader, Nigel Farage as a poor man's version of himself."

And I'm sure Gorgeous George would salute Monica's indefatigability.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    "Strictly Come Dorries: Now Tory MP Nadine wants a place on dance show as she attacks ‘idiots’ who think Cameron is a winner"

Most definitely Ms Dorries Ratner's moment as a backbencher.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

"The resounding cheer that Galloway receives at the end of his answer on QT is the voice of young Scotland"

I take it you heard the resounding cheer for Angus Robertson when he protested about the imbalance on the panel? That must have been the voice of young Scotland as well. It's a fickle entity, isn't it?

Alternatively, it might simply be comprised of people with different views. You must be appalled.

Angus Robertson looked like an over-weight political hack in a suit . choked by his tie and out of his league. Galloway electrified the young audience.

• Options
    "Galloway electrified the young audience."

I'm sensing a bit of a bromance here, Moniker. Would you also agree with Galloway that the collapse of the Soviet Union was the greatest catastrophe of modern times?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just want to say a big thanks to all those posters who contributed to the earlier thread today on an excellent debate over intervention in Syria. Quite simple, it was PB at its best.
  • Options
    fitalass said:

"Strictly Come Dorries: Now Tory MP Nadine wants a place on dance show as she attacks ‘idiots’ who think Cameron is a winner"

Nobody thinks she's in the running for possible future tory leader.

Imagine the irrecoverable damage she would have done to herself if she had described the tories as the nasty party? ;D

• Options

Good evening, everyone.

Sadly, Murray Walker has been diagnosed with cancer. He fell recently, and scans for that revealed the cancer early, which should help his chances of recovery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22946026

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KwSfjYRuIQ

Morris_Dancer, very sorry to hear this news and wishing Murray Walker all the best for a full recovery. One of the best commentators around in any sport, and F1 coverage is the poorer without his impassioned input.

• Options
    Mick_Pork said:

fitalass said:

Nobody thinks she's in the running for possible future tory leader.

Imagine the irrecoverable damage she would have done to herself if she had described the tories as the nasty party? ;D

Something tells me that Dorries ain't going to end up running one of the most demanding and mine laden Department's of State with competence and style. And that is the point, May was still fully committed to her party when she issued her criticism, Dorries is not.

• Options
    Ed Miliband should be PM, says George Galloway

Mr Galloway described Mr Miliband as physically and intellectually “quite impressive” and praised his “moral character”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/10016018/Galloway-backs-Miliband-for-PM.html
    Good-bye and good riddance , grudge and grievance
    George Galloway has launched a furious attack on Ed Miliband, describing the Labour leader as "an unprincipled coward with the backbone of an amoeba", after the Respect MP was criticised by him.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/26/george-galloway-spat-ed-miliband
    Or not. ;)
This discussion has been closed.