Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Two local by-elections tonight – both LAB defences

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited April 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Two local by-elections tonight – both LAB defences

Blacon on Chester West and Chester (Lab defence, resignation of sitting member) Result of council at last election (2015): Labour 38, Conservatives 36, Independent 1 (Conservative majority of 1) Result of ward at last election (2015): Emboldened denotes elected Labour 3,579, 3,349, 3,119 (58%) Conservatives 1,109, 979, 941 (18%) United Kingdom Independence Party 1,054, 1,037, 805 (17%) Green Party 482, 303, 227 (8%) EU Referendum Result (2016): REMAIN 95,455 (49%) LEAVE 98,082 (51%) on a turnout of 75% Candidates duly nominated: Steve Ingram (Ind), Jack Jackson (Con), Lizzie Jewkes (Lib Dem), Ben Powell (Lab) Weather at the close of polls: Cloudy but dry, 12°C Estimate: Labour HOLD (Lab 57%, Con 24%, Lib Dem 14%, Ind 5%)

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    First.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    edited April 2017
    Third like Corbyn
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,311
    Best wishes and get well soon to Cyclefree
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    edited April 2017
    Fifth Commentist
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    At least one Labour loss, coming up....
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    Pah, neither of these is a patch on the Piddle Valley
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    SeanT said:

fpt for Sean Fear

I went to Paris a few weeks ago, and took a trip to St Denis, one of the most notorious banlieus.

It was extraordinary. It's one train stop from Gare du Nord, but it feels like a declining suburb of Tunis mixed with central Bucharest. Barely a white face. Zero cops. Arab youths were openly dealing drugs, or cooking kebabs on shopping trolleys, right outside the station.

I saw a fistfight between street traders, no one intervened.

France is in a very strange condition. Parts of it are still amongst the most delightful and civilised places on earth. But their problems go deep, even as they are hidden away on the outskirts of the cities.

Even Bury Park isn't as bad as that.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Sounds like Paris could have been worse

Yvan Assioma of the police union Alliance said:

The exact circumstances are still unclear but I can confirm the tragic death of one of our colleagues. Our thoughts are very much with the family. One or several attackers have been shot dead by the police. Some officers were hit but the bullets were stopped by their bulletproof vests, but two were hit.

Nothing is being ruled out for the time being, terrorism or a criminal act.

• Options
    2 Lab holds - the remaining Lab voters will be spooked by the last few days, Tories uncaring.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    In a Labour heartland I can find hardly anyone who wants to vote for them

Mirror columnist Paul Routledge finds bad news for Camp Corbyn in the Labour stronghold of Wakefield, West Yorkshire...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-heartland-can-find-hardly-10258670#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Worth a read for those looking for further reassurance that the wreck of Labour is coming. Plenty of praise from voters for Theresa May, derision for Corbyn, no interest in Ukip. All courtesy of a Labour-leaning paper, not Mail propaganda. Wonderful!
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited April 2017
    ITV: - Police officer shot dead in Paris 'terrorist act'

One police officer has been killed and another seriously injured in a shooting in Paris.

Here is what we know:

The shooting happened in the area around the French capital's Champs-Élysées
    Police said two attackers were involved in the shooting,
    Eyewitnesses said one opened fire with a Kalashnikov gun
    One of the shooters has been killed by police
    The incident was "very probably a terrorist act", police said
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    FPT

Guido thinks Esther McVey could be Tory candidate in Upminster where Angela Watkinson is standing down.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    AndyJS said:

FPT

Guido thinks Esther McVey could be Tory candidate in Upminster where Angela Watkinson is standing down.

A Milf in the area... good

A Scouser in Essex... weird!
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Sky via Reuters indicating Paris incident may be armed robbery gone wrong.
  • Options
    I'd missed that Michael Dugher was also standing down.... how many of Jezza's Lab critics will actually be left in his Labour rump?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    JackW said:

Packing some serous heat for an armed robbery.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,405
    Sean_F said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Sean Fear

I went to Paris a few weeks ago, and took a trip to St Denis, one of the most notorious banlieus.

It was extraordinary. It's one train stop from Gare du Nord, but it feels like a declining suburb of Tunis mixed with central Bucharest. Barely a white face. Zero cops. Arab youths were openly dealing drugs, or cooking kebabs on shopping trolleys, right outside the station.

France is in a very strange condition. Parts of it are still amongst the most delightful and civilised places on earth. But their problems go deep, even as they are hidden away on the outskirts of the cities.

Even Bury Park isn't as bad as that.
    It's an extreme version of the way things work in France - if you are part of The Thing (connections etc) you do very very well. If you are not....
  • Options

JackW said:

Strange that they went up to a police car stopped at traffic lights and opened fire too
  • Options
    JackW said:

Katie Hopkins already gone big on the Islamic possibility!
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    It is "too early" to say what the motive of shooting in Paris might be, a spokesman for the French Interior Ministry has said.
    His comments come after police reportedly said the attack was "very probably a terrorist act".
    Other reports have claimed it may be linked to an attempted armed robbery.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2017-04-20/police-officer-killed-paris-shooting/
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

JackW said:

The whole point of guns in an armed robbery is you don't actually shoot anyone. Of course accidents will happen.
  • Options

JackW said:

The whole point of guns in an armed robbery is you don't actually shoot anyone. Of course accidents will happen.
    You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off....
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    SeanT said:

Mirror columnist Paul Routledge finds bad news for Camp Corbyn in the Labour stronghold of Wakefield, West Yorkshire...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-heartland-can-find-hardly-10258670#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Worth a read for those looking for further reassurance that the wreck of Labour is coming. Plenty of praise from voters for Theresa May, derision for Corbyn, no interest in Ukip. All courtesy of a Labour-leaning paper, not Mail propaganda. Wonderful!

Wow, that's bad for Labour.
    At this rate Mr Herdson will be focusing on Hemsworth (Lab maj 12,078) rather than Wakefield (Lab maj 2,613).
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    SeanT said:

fpt for Sean Fear

I spent a lot of time in Paris in the Eighties (my dad was working there so I could stay for free). The banlieu were very rough then. In Paris the slums are on the outskirts. La Haine is a brilliant film on life, youth and policing there:

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0113247/

France is a very secular country, and in theory a very assimilatist one, but in practice even secular arab youths are discriminated against.
  • Options

JackW said:

Some years ago I was reading the memoirs of a barrister - most of it was 60's and 70's stuff.

He recounted getting most of a gang of armed robbers off on a charge of murder (common cause) - he proved that they had all demonstrated to each other in the van on the way in that their guns were empty. The guy who shot the security guard had sneaked a couple of shotgun cartridges into his jacket pocket....

A problem the French have is the supply of military weapons from Eastern Europe - they are cheap and common enough that some fool will sell to any loony.
  • Options

"Coming up Cathedral Walk, lifelong Labour voters John and Carole Foster, both 66, both confirmed they are switching to the Tories.
    “I think it’s very good we’re having an election,” said Carole.
    “I have been Labour all my life, but I’ll be voting Tory. I think Theresa May is brilliant."
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

"Coming up Cathedral Walk, lifelong Labour voters John and Carole Foster, both 66, both confirmed they are switching to the Tories.
    “I have been Labour all my life, but I’ll be voting Tory. I think Theresa May is brilliant."
    Corbyn voters are just really really shy. Right??
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,995
    isam said:

JackW said:

While Islamic terrorism is the likeliest explanation, invoking Katie Hopkins' support does not add force to an argument.
  • Options

JackW said:

Like when that bloke attacked that heavily armed female police officer and then was promptly shot dead by her colleague?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    isam said:

JackW said:

French prisons are very racially arab and african, so quite possibly both Islamic and a robbery gone wrong.
  • Options

The liking or probably better say respect for may from strong anti-trump areas is puzzling. She is at best drab and uninspiring. I get why people liked Thatcher and blair, but may is more John major.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,242
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

JackW said:

While Islamic terrorism is the likeliest explanation, invoking Katie Hopkins' support does not add force to an argument.
    Not quite true. It adds very considerable force if you're on the other side.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    From the sublime to the ridiculous.

On the same day he was photographed shaking hands with pope Francis at the vatican, Bill O'Reilly was unceremoniously fired by Fox News.

Don't feel too sorry for him though - his separation pay will be about $25 million (a year's salary).

billoreilly.com is still going strong and many of his 'The Spin Stops Here' tour stops are sold out for the rest of the year.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited April 2017

Twelve of the eighteen MPs who have stood down so far are Labour.

Two of the four they have in the South and half a dozen along the North east of England /Yorkshire and Humber coast.

Middlesbrough South looks like a very possible Tory gain.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

JackW said:

SeanT said:

JackW said:

Find that hard to believe. What kind of mad, stupid armed robber would try a heist on the Champs Elysees, two days before the election, when the country is in a state of emergency and swarming with agitated and armed police??

But of course it is possible. Je ne sais pas.
    isam said:

JackW said:

As usual conflicting stories from "sources".

• Options
    dr_spyn said:
    That don't sound like any bank robbery.
  • Options
    isam said:

AndyJS said:

FPT

A Milf in the area... good

A Scouser in Essex... weird!
    Liverpool has its own Waterloo train station :)
  • Options

The liking or probably better say respect for may from strong anti-trump areas is puzzling. She is at best drab and uninspiring. I get why people liked Thatcher and blair, but may is more John major.
    I don't quite get it myself - Corbyn being the alternative can only be part of it, and she does have a sort of dull, competent air about her, which I guess appeals, but she seems, at present, to really connect with people somehow. If she can sustain that, she is set for great things.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

On the same day he was photographed shaking hands with pope Francis at the vatican, Bill O'Reilly was unceremoniously fired by Fox News.

Don't feel too sorry for him though - his separation pay will be about $25 million (a year's salary).

billoreilly.com is still going strong and many of his 'The Spin Stops Here' tour stops are sold out for the rest of the year.

Sirius radio here I come....
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,462
    kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

This is remarkably similar to the views expressed in the BBC report from Bolton a couple of days ago.

Are we witnessing the birth of a Reagan Democrats-like class of voter. The May Labourites?
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    That's no robbery - that's a premeditated hit.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,995
    ydoethur said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

JackW said:

Not quite true. It adds very considerable force if you're on the other side.
    Fair point.
  • Options

I notice that Russia has cracked down on extremist religious organisations.

They've banned Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Options
    SeanT said:
    Could have been someone who watched the film "Heat" - and thought it was a guide to how to commit bank robbery.
  • Options

So he won't get a fair trial now? Typical Putin.
  • Options

Can't be too careful...
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,336
    I put a polite enquiry to my email list about whether people would like me to stand.

http://www.nickpalmer.org.uk/the-general-election/

Approaching 300 replies in a few hours, 98% positive. These are people who have chosen to read my emails, so not a representative sample, but most are not party members, so the ones who've offered to help are a useful potential resource which won't take away from Labour defence elsewhere. I'm under no illusions about the starting position, but will put in an application and we'll see if I get it...

• Options

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

This is remarkably similar to the views expressed in the BBC report from Bolton a couple of days ago.

Are we witnessing the birth of a Reagan Democrats-like class of voter. The May Labourites?
    Labour for May - will they catch on in Broxtowe
  • Options

I put a polite enquiry to my email list about whether people would like me to stand.

Approaching 300 replies in a few hours, 98% positive. These are people who have chosen to read my emails, so not a representative sample, but most are not party members, so the ones who've offered to help are a useful potential resource which won't take away from Labour defence elsewhere. I'm under no illusions about the starting position, but will put in an application and we'll see if I get it...

Tories for palmer getting back together?
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,414
    Two gaffes in one day for Dawn

https://twitter.com/bbcnewsnight/status/855150916898521089

Rolling Manifesto. Beyond satire.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    ToryJim said:

twitter.com/bbcnewsnight/status/855150916898521089

Wtf is a rolling manifesto?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    £5 on Lib Dems in South West Surrey
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

ToryJim said:

making it up as they go.
  • Options

ToryJim said:

Whatever Jezza says today.

• Options

isam said:

JackW said:

French prisons are very racially arab and african, so quite possibly both Islamic and a robbery gone wrong.
    A robbery is a robbery notwithstanding background of those carrying it out.

Islamic means something else entirely
  • Options
    Is there a definitive list of MPs standing down?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

JackW said:

You don't say!
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,462
    kle4 said:

I don't quite get it myself - Corbyn being the alternative can only be part of it, and she does have a sort of dull, competent air about her, which I guess appeals, but she seems, at present, to really connect with people somehow. If she can sustain that, she is set for great things.
    I think it comes down to several factors:

1. She triggered Article 50. Never underestimate how important a step that was to Leave voters. It signalled the government followed through on their vote, when there was some scepticism (rightly or wrongly) that they would.

2. She has a dutiful, unflashy demeanor - but appears to be decisive when it matters on the big decisions. That differentiates her from Brown.

3. She's not Cameron. The WWC voters of the North couldn't get invested in Dave because, however talented his politics may have been, he was having to fish in a different pool because of his background and image.

4. Probably the biggest one - she's not Corbyn. It has filtered through to a huge chunk of the electorate that he's simply not a viable alternative.
  • Options
    Floater said:

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

Labour for May - will they catch on in Broxtowe
    If it's Soubry vs Palmer round 3, either way as a Broxtowe voter you'll be getting an opponent of May, so surely it's a question of if you want one who will stab her in the front or the back?

Good luck to Nick if Lab go for him, although looking at how Broxtowe results look vs the national ones historically, a challenge to say the least.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Labour are in for the mother of all elections aren't they
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

The rules as published say it's yours if you want it, don't they?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Tweets not showing.

More shootings in Paris, right now

Fuckity fuck fuck. Remember that is how it went down with the bataclan, hit and run shootings to start.
  • Options

ToryJim said:

We need a statement, not a manifesto. Dawn Butler will be enough for today!
  • Options

kle4 said:

AndyJS said:

I did mention this some time ago, referencing my Tory hating Mother who has never voted for anyone but Labour saying nice things about TM the PM...

...and she is from Dagenham! Smash up the 11/8!
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    kle4 said:

My guess is that dull is seen as comforting and unthreatening. Many, most perhaps, people aspire to that. We are not, at a personal level, a particularly risk taking country (although Brexit is self-evidently an enormous risk, the risk at an individual level,is seen as limited) and TM, it appears, fits neatly into that category.
  • Options

Will the last MP to stand down please turn off the lights?
  • Options

Sounds as though Ken Clarke isn't, despite announcing his retirement.

Clearly he fancies 50 years in the Commons, which in fairness is a fairly remarkable achievement.

Maybe he gets a peerage in 2020 instead and has a by-election? Or perhaps he just likes being Father of the House.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,010
    ToryJim said:

She was woeful on PM this afternoon
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

The rules as published say it's yours if you want it, don't they?
    He's not an incumbent is he?
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658

SeanT said:

Tweets not showing.

Fuckity fuck fuck. Remember that is how it went down with the bataclan, hit and run shootings to start.
    If this really escalates might they even have to delay the election?
  • Options

ToryJim said:

It's not all ready yet, so please wait for day by day updates as we figure stuff out.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    FPT:

Mr. GLW, once upon a time such symptoms in a politician were put down to them feeling tired and emotional and forgotten about, unless they happened too often.

It certainly sounded along those lines to me, but I must have been mistaken.
  • Options
    The 1/14 in Aldershot must be a mistake because Amber Valley is 1/50.
  • Options

ToryJim said:

She was woeful on PM this afternoon
    That's better than usual standard then.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    chestnut said:

Twelve of the eighteen MPs who have stood down so far are Labour.

Two of the four they have in the South and half a dozen along the North east of England /Yorkshire and Humber coast.

Middlesbrough South looks like a very possible Tory gain.
    I work in a public sector office in the North East, nobody in the office that I know of is voting Labour.
    Several talking of staying at home
  • Options
    Re: Dawn Butler - I didn't see the TV version, but I posted this on the earlier thread...

The one on Radio 4 at about 5:15? It was spectacularly bad - a really poor performance from her. She was fortunate that Eddie Mair (?) allowed her to retract her defamation of Costa Coffee (a Whitbred subsidiary) regarding its tax affairs. She didn't seem to know whether she wanted to discuss Labour Party policy or not - her only soundbite was that "the system is rigged" against Labour, but seemed incapable of giving any examples or ways in which a Labour Government would rectify matters. Another seven weeks of this is going to destroy her.
  • Options
    ToryJim said:

She sounds like the UK version of Maxine Waters
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Tweets not showing.

However, also remember that there are ALWAYS reports of secondary shooting, usually wrong.

2nd policeman now dead, according to Sky
    I thought you meant confirmed reports. You meant some twittering reports?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067
    Only posting this because the source is the outgoing US ambassador but it shows the way some people are thinking at the moment:

https://twitter.com/tonylgardner/status/855146522102689792
  • Options
    2nd policeman dead, several assailants on loose.

Not sounding like a robbery and the French not treating it as such
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    For those invested in the French election, will the Paris shooting influence the result?
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    One policeman and one attacker killed in shooting on Champs-Elysées in Paris

http://www.france24.com/en/20170420-reports-shots-fired-champs-elysee-paris-police-guns-france
  • Options
    RhubarbRhubarb Posts: 359

There's the sourced wikipedia list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2017#Members_of_Parliament_not_standing_for_re-election
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569

FFS give up and let some younger people stand. Enough bed blockers in politics without you wanting to join them.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,082

Go for it.

Democracy needs proper campaigners and your persistence is rather inspirational.

• Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658

Re: Dawn Butler - I didn't see the TV version, but I posted this on the earlier thread...

The one on Radio 4 at about 5:15? It was spectacularly bad - a really poor performance from her. She was fortunate that Eddie Mair (?) allowed her to retract her defamation of Costa Coffee (a Whitbred subsidiary) regarding its tax affairs. She didn't seem to know whether she wanted to discuss Labour Party policy or not - her only soundbite was that "the system is rigged" against Labour, but seemed incapable of giving any examples or ways in which a Labour Government would rectify matters. Another seven weeks of this is going to destroy her.

Also this line being pushed that May is "rigging democracy" by holding an election that...

... the Labour Party voted for
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    philiph said:

For those invested in the French election, will the Paris shooting influence the result?

Non.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

kle4 said:

I think it comes down to several factors:

1. She triggered Article 50. Never underestimate how important a step that was to Leave voters. It signalled the government followed through on their vote, when there was some scepticism (rightly or wrongly) that they would.

2. She has a dutiful, unflashy demeanor - but appears to be decisive when it matters on the big decisions. That differentiates her from Brown.

3. She's not Cameron. The WWC voters of the North couldn't get invested in Dave because, however talented his politics may have been, he was having to fish in a different pool because of his background and image.

4. Probably the biggest one - she's not Corbyn. It has filtered through to a huge chunk of the electorate that he's simply not a viable alternative.
    But she remains 'a lying bitch' to quote another person from this site.
  • Options
    Floater said:

2nd policeman dead, several assailants on loose.

Not sounding like a robbery and the French not treating it as such

To be fair to JackW

Mr Brandet said a robbery may have been carried out at the same time as the attack. It was unclear if the two were linked.
  • Options

Where the hell did Costa are tax dodgers come from? There are plenty of companies who are super tax efficient, I have always been under the impression Costa arent ever one of the names that come up.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754

DESIST !

Nick FFS without being overly glum or political, you have probably 10 years of very active life in you, Get out ! Enjoy it !

Do all those things you always promised yourself to do. Shag all of SeanTs 20 year old cast offs ! Go boozing on the Cote dazur with Roger ! Go to Spurs matches with Southam and laugh at the crushing of hope !

But westmisnter nah - go looking for joy and fun - no one ever wishes theyd spent more time in the office.
  • Options
    OUT said:

FFS give up and let some younger people stand. Enough bed blockers in politics without you wanting to join them.
    There is no reason younger people would be any better in the role than older people. And given we are living longer, and before long we will have to work to 70+, it's not even holding on too long to a job (should he win).
  • Options
    philiph said:

Seems unlikely it will exactly help Melenchon or Macron.

However, it may vary according to candidate response. If they are seen to be making political capital out of it, I suspect the French voters will have Views on their suitability for office.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Go for it.

Democracy needs proper campaigners and your persistence is rather inspirational.

Will he be against that God awful MP Soubry ? if so,you have my full support.
  • Options

Where the hell did Costa are tax dodgers come from? There are plenty of companies who are super tax efficient, I have always been under the impression Costa arent ever one of the names that come up.
    I *think* she was thinking of Starbucks, but who knows? I suspect Eddie Mair was concerned about the BBC getting a matching libel writ as well.... hence his suggestion that she retract the allegation.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,082
    ToryJim said:

Now that Barack has time on his hands I wonder if he'll come and campaign for his inspiration Dawn.
  • Options

Take care of yourself - you're older than me, which most folks definitely aren't :smile:
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Tweets not showing.

However, also remember that there are ALWAYS reports of secondary shooting, usually wrong.

2nd policeman now dead, according to Sky
    I thought you meant confirmed reports. You meant some twittering reports?
    French media reports. But this happened in London too - remember the BBC reporting "two attackers" in Westminster, etc etc
    That was really surprising by the bbc, they are normally cautious to a fault. Sky on the other hand...
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    edited April 2017
    SeanT said:

Only posting this because the source is the outgoing US ambassador but it shows the way some people are thinking at the moment:

https://twitter.com/tonylgardner/status/855146522102689792

What a truly stupid and ugly remark. He was a US Ambassador???
    Well, it would be beneficial for the terrorists to have a President that would force more people into their arms.
This discussion has been closed.