Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ipsos MORI ends a morning of bad news for the Tories with the

SystemSystem Posts: 11,006
edited June 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ipsos MORI ends a morning of bad news for the Tories with the party down 10 points in its latest poll

With just six days to go the news this morning has been dreadful for TMay and her CON party. First we had confirmation from the Crown Prosecution Service that three people are to face charges over party expenses at Thanet south at GE2015.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932
    edited June 2017
    First (albeit some to be deleted as spoilt knowing TSE).
  • Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215
    Second like May.
  • Options
    TravelJunkieTravelJunkie Posts: 431

Election Expenses.
    I know someone who gave £10,000 to an mps campaign in 2015 (not in south thanet) to a tory mp to stop ukip getting in. When I heard this, I was certain, but said nothing, that this broke election law.

Can a constituent living in a seat give £10,000 to an mp?

Yes, why not? It has to be declared, and the donor has to be on the electoral roll (but not necessariy in the same constituency).
    It wasn't declared.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,285
    She'll be gone within a year if this is the result

Smaller majority and how the heck does she get a Brexit deal through the commons?
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,176
    Tories in Freefall. Jez we apparently can.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited June 2017
    Isn't it the share that matters, not the lead?
  • Options
    Theresa May will be elected PM but like Neill said to Gove her career is shot and the tories will replace her before the next election.

Most of my Tory friends want May to go after the election.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,918

Except of course they are not in freefall at all. Their vote share has hardly changed.

So no, you can't.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,155
    AndyJS said:

Isn't it the share that matters, not the lead?

Yes, but momentum is important in politics.

It is very possible that there will be a huge swing back to Tories in last 48 hours as the reality of Jezza as PM sinks in, but I 'aint banking on that now.
  • Options

Tory share is about average in this poll. Labour are successfully hoovering up LD and Green support it seems.
  • Options
    tim80tim80 Posts: 99
    The headline is surely wrong. Isn't it the lead that's down by 10?
  • Options

Smaller majority and how the heck does she get a Brexit deal through the commons?

Is it time to reappraise Gordon Brown's decision to back-out of an early election when he became PM?

• Options

Except of course they are not in freefall at all. Their vote share has hardly changed.

So no, you can't.
    Well Tories done 4% in this poll.
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852

Theresa May will be elected PM but like Neill said to Gove her career is shot and the tories will replace her before the next election.

If she goes Boris will get the gig, not sure that will please everyone ;)
  • Options

Is it time to reappraise Gordon Brown's decision to back-out of an early election when he became PM?

She's making Gordon Brown look like a master strategist
  • Options
    I think pollsters should work with the data rather than giving personal opinions about what the data should say.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    One explanation for the Labour share being so high is that in the 1990s the turnout in many safe Lab seats collapsed from an average of about 70% to around 55% and hasn't really ever recovered since. It could be that Corbyn is once again enthusing the voters in those seats and turnout could be back up to 70% again. It would have a significant effect on Labour's vote share but it wouldn't win them many seats. Most of the Merseyside constituencies are good examples of this but it also applies in Tyne&Wear, Manchester, Sheffield and many other areas.
  • Options
    Can someone sedate SeanT in advance.
  • Options

I'd vote for Boris to be PM. I would never vote for May. Boris would crush corbyn.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

The Brexit deal goes through the Commons because Theresa May won a mandate for her Brexit plan. It is how Tony Blair did it. The whips point to page 17 of the manifesto and remind the recalcitrant member that he was was duly elected to send small boys up chimneys.

Except there is no commitment or plan or vision so there can be no mandate. The fun starts on the ninth.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    My prediction is 70/80 majority.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited June 2017

So no, you can't.
    Blair scored 43% in 1997, to put things in proportion, though that was an age of thee-party politics.

Where is Uttermost Peak Tory? Mid to high 40s, I would have thought? (Based on adding historical Tory vote shares to some "allocated" part of the UKIP, and to a lesser extent, Lib Dem vote.)

There's lots of tribal voters, public sector /creative workers and so on who would never go Tory. I think 45% would be an excellent result for them though the momentum should obviously be concerning. In dreamland they could be touching 50%, but can that seriously be a minimum expectation for an "acceptable" performance?

For me the more interesting thing is Lab reaching 40. They are either bringing new voters into play, or Jez is gobbling up votes from other parties. In what proportions and who is being eaten into?
  • Options

No, she's not. She's one week away from significantly increasing her majority, extending her term in office and avoiding a dangerous deadline on Brexit negotiations.

Woods. Trees.

• Options
    DanSmith said:

I think pollsters should work with the data rather than giving personal opinions about what the data should say.
    I like pollsters putting their heads above the parapet.
  • Options

Exactly.

I doubt Brown would have allowed the social care policy to slip into his manifesto without having focus grouped it to death either.
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    AndyJS said:

One explanation for the Labour share being so high is that in the 1990s the turnout in many safe Labour seats collapsed from an average of about 70% to around 55% and hasn't really ever recovered since. It could be that Corbyn is once again enthusing the voters in those seats and turnout could be back up to 70% again. It would have a significant effect on Labour's vote share but it wouldn't win them many seats. Most of the Merseyside seats are good examples of this.

It's quite plausible that Jez is soaring in Sefton and sinking in Scunthorpe
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    First we said Never mind the lead, look at the vote share
    Then we said Never mind the vote share, see the best PM rating
    Now we say Never mind the the best PM rating share, look at the lead
    We are running out of things to say.
  • Options
    GideonWiseGideonWise Posts: 1,123
    tim80 said:

No, she's not. She's one week away from significantly increasing her majority, extending her term in office and avoiding a dangerous deadline on Brexit negotiations.

Woods. Trees.

Where is the evidence for that please?
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850

I think she was always going to stand down before the next GE in 2021/22, even before this clusterfuck of a campaign.
  • Options
    tim80 said:

Woods. Trees.

She'll increase her majority whilst trashing her reputation.

To quote Emperor Kahless The Unforgettable, destroying an empire to win a war is no victory.
  • Options
    PatrickPatrick Posts: 225
    What's intersting is that the Tories seem very solid in the mid 40s - having unsplit the right. It's Labour that is gobbling up the lefty share - apparently unsplitting the left. LDs, Greens, UKIP, all the minor parties are a waste of time now.
    I think the election now hangs on lefty tunrnout.
  • Options
    Labour lead by 3 in that IpsosMORI before turnout filters are applied.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    AndyJS said:

One explanation for the Labour share being so high is that in the 1990s the turnout in many safe Lab seats collapsed from an average of about 70% to around 55% and hasn't really ever recovered since. It could be that Corbyn is once again enthusing the voters in those seats and turnout could be back up to 70% again. It would have a significant effect on Labour's vote share but it wouldn't win them many seats. Most of the Merseyside constituencies are good examples of this but it also applies in Tyne&Wear, Manchester, Sheffield and many other areas.

That is a very good point. Bet365 offering 10/1 on over 70%.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    We went from canvass reports of anti Corbyn, never heard anything like it since 97 etc etc to Labour on 40 in 3 weeks?
    Colour me skeptical. Something very very strange is happening. Have the non voters woken up en masse? Could they.... will they turn Out?
  • Options

tim80 said:

Woods. Trees.

To quote Emperor Kahless The Unforgettable, destroying an empire to win a war is no victory.
    Perhaps by trashing her reputation amongst the Westminster bubble who don't understand the difference between substance and process, and have called incorrectly every major political development in the last 3 years. I'm sure she'll live with that.
  • Options
    DanSmith said:

Link please.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704

Exactly.

I doubt Brown would have allowed the social care policy to slip into his manifesto without having focus grouped it to death either.
    Thats what I don't understand. She wasn't forced into the election. she chose it. She had the luxuary of fine-tuning and testing any policies to death.

Sounds like she just woke up one morning, and thought 'lets have an election' without anyone knowing. Which is crazy.
  • Options
    Got an email from Theresa May this morning. In the subject header:

"I need you to do this one thing for me"

Sounds desperate, and a bit creepy!

• Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    Patrick said:

What's intersting is that the Tories seem very solid in the mid 40s - having unsplit the right. It's Labour that is gobbling up the lefty share - apparently unsplitting the left. LDs, Greens, UKIP, all the minor parties are a waste of time now.

Most definitely.
    I'd love to hear from the following:
    1. Someone part of the Tory camapign. Is there panic or confidence?
    2. Anyone knocking in a Midlands/Northern marginal. Have things really changed that much in 2/3 weeks?
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    The Conservative campaign and manifesto has been bad, but surely not bad enough to see Labour poll 40%? Right?!
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,011
    Squeaky mum time for the Tories.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    edited June 2017

Well, the Brexit negotiations would stall until the Europeans could manage to stop laughing....
  • Options

tim80 said:

Woods. Trees.

Where is the evidence for that please?
    The polls, ironically.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    What is really bizzare to me is as this corbyasm has ramped up, Tories don't seem to do anything in response. Either they haven't got a clue what to do or they don't believe it.

You would think that they would have every known popular Tory on the media round the clock with some form of attack. Even the Tory friendly media haven't really been fed attack stories, mail yesterday was how biased the bbc is and today telegraph about to waiting times. The first won't shift a vote and the second is bad for the government.
  • Options

DanSmith said:

Link please.
    https://twitter.com/BobbyIpsosMORI/status/870598290659844096
  • Options
    llefllef Posts: 298
    AndyJS said:

yep, good point, just looking at swansea east turnout
    75% in 1992, (labour 70%)
    58% in 2015, (labour 53%)
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

Assume a massive polling debacle, what sort of result would you say vindicated May?
  • Options

We went from canvass reports of anti Corbyn, never heard anything like it since 97 etc etc to Labour on 40 in 3 weeks?
    Colour me skeptical. Something very very strange is happening. Have the non voters woken up en masse? Could they.... will they turn Out?

By all accounts Labour MPs were being selective in which canvass reports they gave publicity to.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

I got one of those. What's really creepy is the repeated use of your given name.
  • Options

Exactly.

Thats what I don't understand. She wasn't forced into the election. she chose it. She had the luxuary of fine-tuning and testing any policies to death.

Sounds like she just woke up one morning, and thought 'lets have an election' without anyone knowing. Which is crazy.
    Mike's theory that she called the snap election because she was worried about lots of CPS charges makes sense.
  • Options
    GideonWiseGideonWise Posts: 1,123

Something IS happening. Check out the news, social media, vox pops, Corbyn's body language, May's body language etc etc..

There is a surge going on and this election will go to the wire.

TMay needs to actually start campaigning hard and offer up something to the public that makes them want to vote Tory. It can't be all fucking negative.

• Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113
    jonny83 said:

The Conservative campaign and manifesto has been bad, but surely not bad enough to see Labour poll 40%? Right?!

Two weeks ago this place was sceptical of Labour reaching 30%. Life comes at you fast these days.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,981

Ms. Momentum can shove a couple of benzos up before she pegs him. That should do it.
  • Options
    camelcamel Posts: 815

I'd vote for Boris to be PM. I would never vote for May. Boris would crush corbyn.
    I imagine his first policy announcement would be and increase in NHS spending of 18.2 billion per year by 2022 (inflation would probably cover that anyway).

A little bit of showmanship. People like it.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287

If those recent swings in sentiment have occurred, are the explanations for the change plausible? I also wonder what proportion of the electorate have posted their votes in by now.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    AndyJS said:

And London.
  • Options
    PeterMannionPeterMannion Posts: 712

Can people stop mentioning him?
  • Options

Exactly.

Since being a picture of health in her Lancaster House speech she's seemed increasingly panicked and unhinged ever since. I think it's just the pressure of Brexit. She thought a thumping majority would be easy to get and would put her on the front foot in Brussels.
  • Options

What is really bizzare to me is as this corbyasm has ramped up, Tories don't seem to do anything in response. Either they haven't got a clue what to do or they don't believe it.

You would think that they would have every known popular Tory on the media round the clock with some form of attack. Even the Tory friendly media haven't really been fed attack stories, mail yesterday was how biased the bbc is and today telegraph about to waiting times. The first won't shift a vote and the second is bad for the government.

There doesn't seem to be any grid. What is going on at CCHQ? Tumbleweed?

They have completely ceded the ground and the spotlight to Labour from day one of this campaign. The Tories are nowhere to be seen. They've no-showed at their own party. It's a miracle the polls have them in the 40s.
  • Options
    glw said:

Assume a massive polling debacle, what sort of result would you say vindicated May?
    Tory MPs consider an 80 seat majority par, so anything above that.
  • Options
    Sharon Hodgson @SharonHodgsonMP

Jeremy Corbyn: Labour could write off historic student debts| All those in early 20's with student debt #VoteLabour

I know May might be crap, but f*** me Labour are dangerous.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,249
    The closing of the polls will ensure the conservative vote votes and the result will depend on just how likely the 40% labour do actually vote
  • Options
    nielhnielh Posts: 1,307
    tim80 said:

Woods. Trees.

Agreed. She is doing what she needs to do, ie freeing herself from the shackles of a duff 2015 manifesto and getting the house in order for Brexit.

I'm predicting a comfortable majority and panic over.

I still won't vote for her, but I won't be endorsing labour and their absurd robin hood populism. The voter suppression worked!
  • Options

Jeremy Corbyn: Labour could write off historic student debts| All those in early 20's with student debt #VoteLabour

Early 20s with debts? I know people in their 30s with them.
  • Options
    TypoTypo Posts: 195
    Brom said:

Patrick said:

Most definitely.
    2. Anyone knocking in a Midlands/Northern marginal. Have things really changed that much in 2/3 weeks?
    This is the most interesting factor to my mind - as far as we can see absolutely nothing has changed. The Conservatives are either keeping schtum about a change in the mood or they are finding it very different on the ground.

Somebody is about to become a cropper either way.

I am voting Conservative myself but this is utterly fascinating now.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Dura_Ace said:

Ms. Momentum can shove a couple of benzos up before she pegs him. That should do it.
    It does sound as if Ms Momentum is on top!
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,320
    dr_spyn said:
    A lot of "satisfaction with leader" responses are about who is doing well, not whether people like them. It's perfectly obvious that Corbyn is doing well in the campaign and May is not - almost nobody here really disputes it. He's overcome what everyone recognises is a tidal wave of derision and hostility from the media, the Tories and many in his own party and continues to campaign with calm, friendly optimism. At a personal level I think it's terrific and an example of how to deal with adversity.

The key point, though, is that Corbyn is not the drag on Labour ratings that the Tories expected and based their strategy on. I think that a lot of people feel that politics under May is just a grim slog and voting Labour is voting for a bit of positivity and hope. The Tory message that it's a terrible risk is just not cutting through - it's actually reinforcing the sense that the Tories are all doom and gloom.

And Ipsos-Mori, like ICM, does weight by past voting, doesn't it?
  • Options

I said the other day I was told focus groups/polling found middle class parents love this policy.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

Something IS happening. Check out the news, social media, vox pops, Corbyn's body language, May's body language etc etc..

There is a surge going on and this election will go to the wire.

TMay needs to actually start campaigning hard and offer up something to the public that makes them want to vote Tory. It can't be all fucking negative.

Looks like reminding people of the ,,1980 s does not work for everyone in fifties.
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400

tim80 said:

Woods. Trees.

tim80 said:

Woods. Trees.

What's remarkable is that her incompetent campaign will probably increase her majority but destroy her credibility in negotiating with the EU.

Far better to have not geld the election but simply held the threat of her massive opinion poll leads over the EU.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

One explanation for the Labour share being so high is that in the 1990s the turnout in many safe Labour seats collapsed from an average of about 70% to around 55% and hasn't really ever recovered since. It could be that Corbyn is once again enthusing the voters in those seats and turnout could be back up to 70% again. It would have a significant effect on Labour's vote share but it wouldn't win them many seats. Most of the Merseyside seats are good examples of this.

As someone with a 1st in mathematics at a top redbrick university I disagree with you.

Reading your posts, you seem to be very bullish about conservative prospects and very bearish towards labour. I haven't seen one negative post about conservative polling and you seem to be of the belief that the polls are wrong.

1) In Tory wards turnout was 85% in 2015. Labour ward turnout was 45-50%. Had Labour turnout been similar, the tories would have lost 28 seats in the midlands/northern england. Tory enthusiasm is down compared to 2015, labour enthusiasm is up.
    2) 3/4 labour voters in the midlands/northern england are ex-labour voters. There is no evidence now that these same UKIP voters are voting heavily for conservative.
    3) There are a lot of seats where the tory vote has a very low ceiling. Plymouth, Southampton, Walsall, Stoke, Weaver Vale, Carlisle and any increase in vote enthusiasm could easily see a labour gain. As mentioned on the conservative home website, the tories are campaigning in labour areas they haven't done so in decades and its ok getting 2-3k votes for council elections but to get to 20k to win a seat is very, very hard. The labour vote is not going to down. There aren't enough seats like Tamworth, Burton that are moving away from Labour.
  • Options

Early 20s with debts? I know people in their 30s with them.
    I'll be f***** ing pissed as I responsibily paid off mine early (although I would have probably paid it all by now)
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    Labour 3 ahead and matching the Blair landslide of 97 % in all naming a party.
    Wow. He's gonna do this.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    Perhaps I should start learning the 'The Red Flag' lyrics, in preparation for when I will have to sing it every day.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,249

And yet how much more can she increase the vote share.

The reality is the collapse of the left into labour and if they vote then goodness knows what will happen
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979

Exactly.

Labour never advertise that they will do anything that might detract from their popularity before an election in a manifesto. That is why despite winning a 179 majority Blair did very little apart from setting up devolved administrations.

May has certainly made a mistake with the dementia tax but it asks the question: why do people say that they do not like dishonest politicians, yet when one has the temerity to say things cannot go on like this (i.e. the truth they don't like it?

I still think the Tories will romp it and I don't buy into the national debate changing much around the margins. Look at Gordon Brown in 2010, he was down to 22% after duffygate in the polls for Labour yet they polled 30%. The Lib Dems were the other way around polling 30% yet achieving only 24%.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Fox jr has already voted, but would love that!
  • Options

I said the other day I was told focus groups/polling found middle class parents love this policy.
    I love a free lunch too, but they're never free.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    AndyJS said:

One explanation for the Labour share being so high is that in the 1990s the turnout in many safe Labour seats collapsed from an average of about 70% to around 55% and hasn't really ever recovered since. It could be that Corbyn is once again enthusing the voters in those seats and turnout could be back up to 70% again. It would have a significant effect on Labour's vote share but it wouldn't win them many seats.

Could be.

However, if the 'surge' remains greater in the south, there must be a few seats there which will unexpectedly go or stay Labour:

Croydon Central ... plus any more in Plymouth, Swindon, Reading, Brighton, Southampton, Portsmouth, Luton, Bedford, Medway (now Rochester and Strood and was Labour up to 2010)?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    edited June 2017

Well, that is what the Corbyn supporters said as the reason for electing him: there's an army of non-voters out there. They said Corbyn was the man to get them off their arses. So far, it seems to be playing out well.

Let's see if they actually deliver though. And how much the prospect of Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn scares the shit out of everybody who doesn't buy in to that ideal.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    One thing's for sure, the Labour campaign has been infinitely more clever and cunning than the Tories ever bargained for. And better presented too.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940
    Fpt:

Just to point out to anyone planing to high-tail it to Canada, that BC just elected an NDP (Labour) / Green coalition into power. Good luck!
  • Options

TMay needs to actually start campaigning hard and offer up something to the public that makes them want to vote Tory.

Offering her resignation might seem a bit desperate though.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    Patrick said:

Also, new voters or previous non-voters. If they turn up. And more useful if they turn out in the right constituencies, of course. But I am interested in the link with, FPT,

I wonder whether the problem the Tories have is that they have material that can can shift e.g. undecided kippers who don't fall into a neat left/right split (e.g. maybe socially conservative but economically left-leaning) but they do not have anything they can bring to bear on e.g. a Lib Dem or Green or never-voted-but-would-certainly-never-vote-Tory. It would help the Tories a lot if the Greens nabbed 5%, for example, but whatever record they play on Corbyn's history or Labour sums adding up isn't going to make that happen. Presumably Corbyn is making few inroads into traditional Tory voters, and to the limited extent he is eating into their vote share it's likely from ex-Lib Dems or (especially?) UKIP voters who weren't naturally at home in Club Tory. If Corbyn's rise is primarily among the segment of voters that the Tories have little to no traction with, there may be very little they can do to stop it.
  • Options
    handandmousehandandmouse Posts: 213
    edited June 2017
    Great poll, but as a Labour supporter I'm still fully anticipating a 2015-esque gut punch at 10pm next Thursday!

[deleted]
  • Options

Fox jr has already voted, but would love that!
    I paid my student loan in 6 years. :( I was paying around £450 a month from my salary.
  • Options
    This is all David Cameron's fault.

He made being PM look so easy and effortless.

Mrs May underestimated Cameron
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940

Are you a hit man? Take out Corbyn? :)
  • Options
    DanSmith said:

DanSmith said:

Link please.
    Think I better read the Labour manifesto now.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    Typo said:

Brom said:

Patrick said:

Most definitely.
    This is the most interesting factor to my mind - as far as we can see absolutely nothing has changed. The Conservatives are either keeping schtum about a change in the mood or they are finding it very different on the ground.

Somebody is about to become a cropper either way.

I am voting Conservative myself but this is utterly fascinating now.
    Huge numbers of votes have been cast. The intelligence is there. They know.
  • Options

I love a free lunch too, but they're never free.
    I blame Vote Leave, they promised the undeliverable.
  • Options
    PatrickPatrick Posts: 225
    Maybe I'm just projecting - but if it's 45/40 then we might well see a Tory landslide of wafer thin majorities. And a Labour landslide in 2022.
  • Options

Great poll, but as a Labour supporter I'm still fully anticipating a 2015-esque gut punch at 10pm next

DanSmith said:

DanSmith said:

Link please.

Surely that right-hand chart should be labelled 'Labour Lead +3'!

It could be like 2015. Or it could be like 2016 and the expected swing back to the establishment doesn't happen. Interesting times !
  • Options

DanSmith said:

DanSmith said:

Link please.
    Think I better read the Labour manifesto now.
    Cheers
  • Options
    TypoTypo Posts: 195
    AndyJS said:

One thing's for sure, the Labour campaign has been infinitely more clever and cunning than the Tories ever bargained for. And better presented too.

Even more impressive considering it caught them off-guard.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,097
    So how did Momentum manage to rig a phone poll? Have they been applying for jobs in call centres, or what?
This discussion has been closed.