Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The polling that should worry Mrs May and all Tories

SystemSystem Posts: 11,008
edited June 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The polling that should worry Mrs May and all Tories

Comparing May's lead over Corbyn with @IpsosMORI's net satisfaction ratings compare with Cameron's lead over EdM 1 week before the election pic.twitter.com/Qn8CVeQQUE

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,581
    edited June 2017
    May is a dud.

Oh, and first like Labour.....

....In Wales.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Second
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,947
    Second like Labour.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    edited June 2017
    Fourth like the Liberal Democrats
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

SeanT said:

TudorRose said:

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

What do ICM and comres do with people that didn't vote in 2015 and will vote in 2017?

How do polling predict then youth vote for 2017 or do they presume it will be the same as ,2015?

Youth vote won't be the same as 2015.

Check Carlotta's graph. Self-reported turnout for the youngest group is basically unchanged relative to 2015. That doesn't sound like a surge to me.
    I think the youth vote will be close to 70% not 43% in 2015. Just look at number of new voters since 2015.
    Are 70% even registered ?

It'll be up I think *Lab@ 10-1 Leeds NW ^^;* but 70% ?!
    Did you see how many new voters signed up that are under 30 before deadline.
    Would that be the same sort of effect of all the new voters who registered before the Referendum and were supposed to secure the victory for Remain?

Worked out well then didn't it?
    I've encountered ukip voters voting for corbyn and also lib dem voters in 2010 voted Tory 2015 remain and now corbyn.
    Does everyone you meet tell you how they voted two years ago and how they're planning to vote now? I'm quite political but I have no idea how most of my colleagues will vote - and I'm certainly not going to ruin my relationship with them by asking.
    My work place sent an email to all staff telling us to vote remain. I voted leave.

It's the way phrase questions, how you say it and the environment you do it in. You can get a lot out of people!e without them knowing. Sales\recruitment jobs teach you terrible butnuseful things.
    Really? Fucking cheek of it. A company TELLING its employees how to vote? I'd be tempted to vote the other way, no matter the cause, just because.
    What would you think if a defence industry company told its employees to vote Tory because Labour planned to ban their exports? Would that be fair or not fair?
    It would be silly, because all parties would know that Len McCluskey would be having a quiet word or two about any such ban being introduced.

Is that a gotcha btw - has a company actually done this?
  • Options
    Will this all come down to how the DKs break?
  • Options
    Freggles said:

I saw that. ;)
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,703
    dixiedean said:

Second like Labour.

Looks like Labour's third.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,029
    RobD said:

Damned kids?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Freggles said:

I saw that. ;)
    2fast4quotebutton
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886

RobD said:

Damned kids?
    In that case it'd be a complete labslide - for Lab!
  • Options
    chloechloe Posts: 308
    Evening, is it just the Survation GMB poll tonight?
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    Downer.... hmm that's sobering. Especially given the absolute state of the opponents.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.
  • Options
    On topic: the issue is that many voters will think both May and Corbz are terrible, but May is already the PM so better the devil you know.
  • Options
    JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.
    How firm is your ARSE?

:smiley:
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Labour will not win, that is all
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    It's YouGov.....
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,299

Downer.... hmm that's sobering. Especially given the absolute state of the opponents.

I had to check FOUR times it wasn't a typo.

There's been a 72% movement with YouGov in around six weeks.
  • Options

It's YouGov.....

It's also Ipsos MORI as well, the gold standard when it comes to leader/satisfaction ratings.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903
    Corbyn speech - his Foreign policy one was well received below the line in the Mail

Top comment this time 220 green arrows, 57 red arrows.

Genuine red, Oxford, United Kingdom, 13 minutes ago

So Corbynn is using people's deaths to get votes , this man didn't even want to arm our police , without arms there would have been more deaths . Only a man without honour would use this as an election statement .
  • Options
    RobD said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.
    How firm is your ARSE?

:smiley:
    Rock Hard
  • Options
    JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.
    Not with these leadership ratings. At this rate Corbyn will be ahead before Thursday.
  • Options

It's YouGov.....

Yeah, the text says ipsos mori, needs changing.
  • Options

RobD said:

Damned kids?
    Dispirited Kendallites?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Well/Bad

May 53/36 to 42/47
    Corb 15/67 to 42/44
  • Options
    SeanT said:

This is good on the latest jihadism.

Horribly believable; chilling in its details. This isn't the IRA 2.0 - we are facing ongoing civil emergency. Maybe civil war.

http://observer.com/2017/06/london-bridge-isis-attack-british-m15/

Well a good first step would be electing someone who doesn't support Saudi Arabia and isn't a historical supporter of terrorism in the UK. Sadly that seems to be too much to ask for these days.
  • Options

RobD said:

Damned kids?
    Dispirited Kendallites?
    Finally a label that fits!
  • Options
    RobD said:

Well/Bad

May 55/31 to 42/47
    Corb 13/71 to 42/44
    I was using the April figures

http://tinyurl.com/AVIsDaBest
  • Options
    RobD said:

Well/Bad

May 55/31 to 42/47
    Corb 13/71 to 42/44
    Those numbers sum up the campaign.

Funny as feck too.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

RobD said:

Well/Bad

May 55/31 to 42/47
    Corb 13/71 to 42/44

Oops, read the wrong column! Fixed my earlier post.

And a bloody cheeky URL!
  • Options
    chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.
    Not with these leadership ratings. At this rate Corbyn will be ahead before Thursday.
    My dear lady it's the hope that kills you.

Stone dead as the chimes of Big Ben finish at 10:00pm on Thursday and David Dimbledore crushes your hopes in these words :

"Our exit polls shows a Conservatives landslide ..."
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

Horribly believable; chilling in its details. This isn't the IRA 2.0 - we are facing ongoing civil emergency. Maybe civil war.

Well a good first step would be electing someone who doesn't support Saudi Arabia and isn't a historical supporter of terrorism in the UK. Sadly that seems to be too much to ask for these days.
    May's "too much tolerance things have got to change" is a very powerful message.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

A good first step would be Don't have a massive Muslim minority in your country. Too late for us, but well done all those nations that avoided this fucking disaster.
    Or, make immigrant minorities integrate rather than create their own little communities and clusters.
  • Options
    JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

Stone dead as the chimes of Big Ben finish at 10:00pm on Thursday and David Dimbledore crushes your hopes in these words :

I'm just hoping he says "four" as the first word when describing the number of seats for the Tories their exit poll suggests. :p
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    Pulpstar said:

Corbyn speech - his Foreign policy one was well received below the line in the Mail

So Corbynn is using people's deaths to get votes , this man didn't even want to arm our police , without arms there would have been more deaths . Only a man without honour would use this as an election statement .

With respect, people who comment on newspaper articles tend to be keen. More so in the free to access Guardian and Mail.
  • Options

RobD said:

Well/Bad

May 55/31 to 42/47
    Corb 13/71 to 42/44

It's a good job not everyone has followed the campaign as closely as the Yougov survey takers has in general then :p
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,365
    I've just started a Yougov poll. It started with the usual questions about voting intentions, and moved on to an energy prices question which seemed impossible to move on from - I suspect there must have been a bug in the page. I don't think I'm being uniquely stupid - but I'd expect a lot of surveyees to have given up at this point too. In which case their next survey output might be a bit lacking in sample data.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

RobD said:

Well/Bad

May 55/31 to 42/47
    Corb 13/71 to 42/44

Funny as feck too.
    If you're going to base your election campaign on being "strong and stable", probably not a great idea to have the main cut-through moments of the campaign be throwing a wobbly because some European leaders said some mean things about you in the press, U-turning on your flagship manifesto promise because some people criticised it, and chickening out of a TV debate.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

May's "too much tolerance things have got to change" is a very powerful message.
    Yes, but since it's May she'll probably just use this as an excuse to censor the internet rather than actually tackling the bloody issue. Plus the moment polling shows that she has something to gain by changing what she say - she will flipflop.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

I've just started a Yougov poll. It started with the usual questions about voting intentions, and moved on to an energy prices question which seemed impossible to move on from - I suspect there must have been a bug in the page. I don't think I'm being uniquely stupid - but I'd expect a lot of surveyees to have given up at this point too. In which case their next survey output might be a bit lacking in sample data.

These online panels really are full of political nerds aren't they? (no offence meant with the nerd comment!)
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    SeanT said:

Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

A good first step would be Don't have a massive Muslim minority in your country. Too late for us, but well done all those nations that avoided this fucking disaster.
    Is there anyone who could say that, on balance, the Islamic immigration of the last 50 years has been a net positive for the UK?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

I have said before on here and elsewhere that France ii particular is effectively in a low intensity insurgency

Mutti Merkel hasn't helped either
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Even if the Tories win on Thursday and I think it will still be a comfortable win, Theresa May will not be seen anymore like she was 6 weeks back, Even amongst Tories.

She is actually very poor. No wonder her failures at the Home Office.

Yet she was the best Tory to be PM ?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Even if the Tories win on Thursday and I think it will still be a comfortable win, Theresa May will not be seen anymore like she was 6 weeks back, Even amongst Tories.

Entirely depends on how big the win is.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    Tories not impressed with Jezza's speech.
  • Options
    RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

I'm just hoping he says "four" as the first word when describing the number of seats for the Tories their exit poll suggests. :p
    That's what I want, but I can't see it happening.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,827
    Floater said:
    LOL Not a single audible word from Cornyn.

This rag is desperate
  • Options
    RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

I don't think even the staunchest of the Jezza twatterati are expecting Corbyn to reduce the Tories to four seats ....
  • Options
    Net change on leader ratings by Party

May:

Con -4 Well, +4 Bad
    Lab -9 Well, +13 Bad
    LD -4 Well, +5 Bad
    UKIP -3 Well, +4 Bad

Corbyn:

Con +10 Well, -11 Bad
    Lab +36 Well, -28 Bad
    LD +41 Well, -43 Bad
    UKIP +2 Well, +14 Bad
  • Options

RobD said:

Damned kids?
    Dispirited Kendallites?
    Dead Kennedys
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

Or, make immigrant minorities integrate rather than create their own little communities and clusters.
    You will regret saying this when Germany beats England 4-0 in football 10 years from now and 6 Syrians will be in the German side.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Of those who stood for the leadership, probably yes.

Unaccountably, the strongest Leaver candidate chose not to stand.
  • Options

RobD said:

Well/Bad

May 55/31 to 42/47
    Corb 13/71 to 42/44

Funny as feck too.
    https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/871445537714733057
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,365
    RobD said:

Cookie said:

These online panels really are full of political nerds aren't they? (no offence meant with the nerd comment!)
    Ha - none taken! I can't imagine why anyone uninterested in politics would take them - it can't be for the financial rewards. Maybe they love thinking about what house-cleaning-product firm they would be proud to work for.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,919
    Pulpstar said:

surbiton said:

No it doesn't. A lot of things will contribute to the size of any win (I hope it is a win). But whatever happens, excepting any revelations after the event such as illness, May has shown herself to be a very poor performer allowing a poorly constructed manifesto to be published, failing to score through large numbers of open goals and generally projecting an aura of vulnerability and incompetence.

Whatever the result on Thursday many of us who want a Tory win will not forget how much uncertainty and concern she has caused us and this makes us seriously doubt her abilities going forward.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

Well/Bad

May 55/31 to 42/47
    Corb 13/71 to 42/44

It's a good job not everyone has followed the campaign as closely as the Yougov survey takers has in general then :p
    Thank god for small mercies.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    JackW said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

I don't think even the staunchest of the Jezza twatterati are expecting Corbyn to reduce the Tories to four seats ....
    fourteen is more like it, Corbynism sweeping the nation!
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

You will regret saying this when Germany beats England 4-0 in football 10 years from now and 6 Syrians will be in the German side.
    Are they naturally better at football?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Cameron exploited Brown's ratings fall, and ended up with a coalition. I wasn't convinced that he was ruthless to secure a majority in 2010. However, the scale of the past Tory defeats was a huge mountain to climb.

This analysis might calm some nerves, the analysis groups polls by methodology, and compares like with like.

https://marriott-stats.com/nigels-blog/uk-general-election-2017-forecast-5-5-steps-to-making-sense-of-the-latest-polls/
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    surbiton said:

Hard to know as there was no contest.Dominac Rabb has been out and about taking questions from difficult audiences.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

four-ty ?
  • Options

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

four-ty ?
    Was hoping for "fourteen hundred"
  • Options
    spire2spire2 Posts: 183
    Surely everybody on this website woukd rather see a prediction of conservatives short of a majority by 10 seats? Imagine the fun of waiting for hours for the result from a south west marginal
    RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

• Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited June 2017
    May really made a mistake by going to the polls so soon after becoming PM. The thing is that, although Joe Public had a positive view of her a few weeks ago, it was quite a vague and hazy view -- they had very few solid things to grasp onto to base their positive impressions on. So, once the campaign started and she started getting attacked and scrutinised much more closely, the positive impressions of her collapsed much more easily than they would've done if voters had years of her in office to base their opinions on, as well as specific moments they could recall which showed her to be a "strong leader", and specific policies which they approved of.

The upside for her though is that, assuming she does scrape through this time, at the next General Election having a 5-year record to her name should be an easier sell to voters than her own personality and campaigning skills, which is what this campaign was staked on.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

Why would that make any difference?
  • Options
    RobD said:
    May weak on terror Wobbly on the causes of terror.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

Pulpstar said:

surbiton said:

No it doesn't. A lot of things will contribute to the size of any win (I hope it is a win). But whatever happens, excepting any revelations after the event such as illness, May has shown herself to be a very poor performer allowing a poorly constructed manifesto to be published, failing to score through large numbers of open goals and generally projecting an aura of vulnerability and incompetence.

Whatever the result on Thursday many of us who want a Tory win will not forget how much uncertainty and concern she has caused us and this makes us seriously doubt her abilities going forward.
    To be fair to May, I think she is a better administrator than she is a campaigner. Given the pitfalls of the Home Office, she survived longer than any other modern politician in that role - you only have to look at the many people who held that office under Blair and Brown and how frequently they left it under a cloud.

She is not a campaigner - but she is the only viable PM candidate we have on offer in 4 days time.
  • Options

RobD said:
    Probably not a good attack line for Corbynistas to use.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    RobD said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

four-ty ?
    Was hoping for "fourteen hundred"

You are Diane Abbot and I claim my $500,000.

• Options
    nunu said:
    Jesus christ. That's terrifying.

However, I wonder what caused the upturn?
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:
    Probably not a good attack line for Corbynistas to use.
    I get the feeling the voters that will decide this election have finally rumbled Corbyn.
  • Options
    spire2 said:

Surely everybody on this website woukd rather see a prediction of conservatives short of a majority by 10 seats? Imagine the fun of waiting for hours for the result from a south west marginal

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

Definitely, and further betting opportunities on Tory leadership and Autumn GE...
  • Options
    SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

Chameleon said:

SeanT said:

Is there anyone who could say that, on balance, the Islamic immigration of the last 50 years has been a net positive for the UK?
    Only a mad, blinkered idiot. So about 40% of the country.
    TBF if you said it wasn't positive you would be called a racist.

I have actually seen people looking over their shoulders before voicing negative opinions on these matters as they were worried about repercussions.
  • Options

spire2 said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

Definitely, and further betting opportunities on Tory leadership and Autumn GE...
    That's one way to delay Brexit, elections every six months!
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

nunu said:

Must have been the triggering of Article 50.
  • Options
    Although I know in my heart of hearts that a May majority is the best result for the country, a substantial silver lining of her losing is that the most authoritarian Tory will have been flushed out from the front line, and someone with a positive vision will be able to take over.
  • Options
    NorthofStokeNorthofStoke Posts: 1,758
    Strangely enough I think it is because Corbyn is so dreadful that the attacks on him are relatively ineffective. "Terrorist supporting" and so on sound like smears even though they are basically true. The Tories have also suffered from an adversary (the ecurrent Labour leadership) that is totally unscrupulous, tonight's speech being but one example. Ed Milliband's economic policies would probably have failed but they were genuinely supposed to be a programme for government. The current manifesto is a programme to provoke a crisis where they hope to see a radical transformation of society (a poor man's attempt at Trotsky's tactic of transitional demands). To puncture this we need a late intervention by one or more respected non-Tory figures attacking the morality of Corbyn. Ironically the idiotic Lib Dems have contributed to the siruation by not attacking Corbyn and spending their energy against the Tories. They could have had a much better campaign along the lines of "Corbyn and co are anti-democratic extremists, we are the sensible anti-Tory alternative."
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    matt said:

Pulpstar said:

With respect, people who comment on newspaper articles tend to be keen. More so in the free to access Guardian and Mail.
    Momentum has absolutely swamped the MailOnline comment section in recent weeks. It's a war game. Proportionality in the comments there now means zero in relation to actual reader opinion. Regular Mail types won't bother to struggle to log a POV against such a tide.

They will vote on Thurs though.

• Options

fourteen is more like it, Corbynism sweeping the nation!

14 Tory MP's in Scotland? .... :smile:
  • Options

spire2 said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

And Osborne to stand as a Tory candidate in the Autumn GE.

Ooooh
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

nunu said:

The collapse of IS in Mosul. As their geographic state collapses, they become a virtual one.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Just been watching the Manchester concert. I see that bed wetting is still going on, with the basis for it being YouGov figures of all things, so I haven't missed much then....
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    I have my eyes firmly fixed on Jack's ARSE.
  • Options

RobD said:
    You really want to go there?

brave as Sir Humphrey might say
  • Options

spire2 said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

Ooooh
    I'm not sure on the rules. Does he have to be an MP? Suspect there are a few that would stand aside.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754

spire2 said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

Ooooh
    lol

you can smell your desperation

GOWNBPM
  • Options
    If somehow May falls short, and no majority gov can be formed then by the time the second GE has happened (which may be inconclusive as well), May will have pissed away about 1/3rd of the time to negotiate the exit from the EU. Bloody brilliant 4D chess from May there.
  • Options
    Prodicus said:

I have my eyes firmly fixed on Jack's ARSE.

I was admiring how firm it was earlier. :smiley:
  • Options
    My big worry, politically speaking is that Corbyn's defeat won't be nearly big enough. It'd be a disaster for the centre and centre-left if he was to retain over 200 seats.
  • Options

spire2 said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

Ooooh
    lol

GOWNBPM
    I would be so happy if Clegg or Osbourne made a serious challenge to become PM. Clegg especially, he could get me off my arse and campaigning.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    SeanT said:

RobD said:
    Like I just said, we are facing a civil emergency, potentially a low-level but chronic civil war (when the native population finally fights back - which it will)

23,000 jihadis in the UK. 23,000.

Maybe 200,000 sympathisers. Mind-fucking stats

Imagine if the jihadis up their game - just a bit - and these attacks come at us once a week, with numbing success and regularity. We will be Ulster in the 70s, with extra horror and race/religious hatred. Internment will be inevitable. And worse.
    https://youtu.be/-dRuPPSKNhE
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,029

Pulpstar said:

surbiton said:

To be fair to May, I think she is a better administrator than she is a campaigner. Given the pitfalls of the Home Office, she survived longer than any other modern politician in that role - you only have to look at the many people who held that office under Blair and Brown and how frequently they left it under a cloud.

She is not a campaigner - but she is the only viable PM candidate we have on offer in 4 days time.
    With hindsight we were looking in the wrong place for a repeat of the TBGB dysfunctional dynamic that existed under New Labour. It was May as Home Secretary who was plotting and scheming and using her office to position herself for the top job.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

RobD said:
    Ugh. The cockroaches of the left. Hugging Hamas and Hezbollah, fellating the IRA, arse-licking fucking ISIS.

Your leader proudly "voted down every single piece of counter-terror legislation since 1983".

And you have the gall, you loathsome piece of intellectual dung, to ask us to vote for him?
    May's barely that much better.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

spire2 said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

chloe said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

No.

Con Landslide.

Ooooh
    lol

GOWNBPM
    I would be so happy if Clegg or Osbourne made a serious challenge to become PM. Clegg especially, he could get me off my arse and campaigning.
    I fear Clegg is in the wrong party!
  • Options
    Looks like the US Chargé d'affaires-ai in London has gone a bit rogue.

How long until Trump fires him?

https://twitter.com/USAinUK/status/871435629569212416
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

surbiton said:

With hindsight we were looking in the wrong place for a repeat of the TBGB dysfunctional dynamic that existed under New Labour. It was May as Home Secretary who was plotting and scheming and using her office to position herself for the top job.
    I don't think she's that clever.
This discussion has been closed.