Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf on UKIP’s search for a new logo

SystemSystem Posts: 11,003
edited September 2013 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf on UKIP’s search for a new logo

politicalbetting.com is proudly powered by WordPress
with "Neat!" theme. Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS).

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Poor UKIP.

Dave must be laughing his nuts off today.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

Poor UKIP.

Then Ed's reintroduction of the spare room subsidy will ensure his other extremities are laughed off too.
  • Options

Poor UKIP.

The UKIP conference is full. I doubt we'll say the same of the Conservative one.

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    Quinnipiac Virginia 2016

•Hillary Clinton (D) 42% [46%] (45%)
    •Chris Christie (R) 41% [37%] (40%)
    •Chris Christie (R) 47% [44%] (46%)
    •Joe Biden (D) 35% [37%] (38%)
    •Hillary Clinton (D) 49% (51%)
    •Rand Paul (R) 40% (37%)
    •Rand Paul (R) 43% (40%)
    •Joe Biden (D) 42% (47%)
  • Options
    FPT: Mr Miliband has now said the change would be paid for by scrapping a tax break for hedge funds and the Treasury's new shares-for-rights scheme

Hang-on - I thought the Labour line was that the Treasury's shares-for-rights scheme was a complete damp squib and take-up would be risible - so how can there be any savings from scrapping it?
  • Options
    Wisconsin 2016 (w/out Walker)

•Paul Ryan 33% (35%)
    •Chris Christie 14% (10%)
    •Jeb Bush 11% (5%)
    •Rand Paul 11% (8%)
    •Ted Cruz 10%
    •Marco Rubio 9% (22%)
    •Rick Santorum 6%
    •Bobby Jindal 3% (3%)
    •Someone else/Not sure 5% (8%)
  • Options
    Tim Stanley ‏@timothy_stanley 1m

We finally have a policy from Labour on welfare reform. They're against it.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Poor UKIP.

Then Ed's reintroduction of the spare room subsidy will ensure his other extremities are laughed off too.
    Especially in light of this poll

Uncut poll reveals public blame last Labour government, not Tories, for today’s benefits bill

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2013/09/12/uncut-poll-reveals-public-blame-last-labour-government-not-tories-for-today’s-benefits-bill/
  • Options
    PPP Wisconsin

•Hillary Clinton (D) 46% (51%)
    •Paul Ryan (R) 46% (43%)
    •Hillary Clinton (D) 43%
    •Chris Christie (R) 40%
    •Hillary Clinton (D) 46%
    •Jeb Bush (R) 42%
    •Hillary Clinton (D) 49% (54%)
    •Scott Walker (R) 44% (41%)
    •Hillary Clinton (D) 47%
    •Rand Paul (R) 42%
    •Hillary Clinton (D) 48%
    •Ted Cruz (R) 37%
  • Options
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

Poor UKIP.

PB Tory anecdote vs Polling

UK: Six out of ten voters want #BedroomTax scrapped http://t.co/dIA2JaCNbW 79% of #Labour voters, 65% of #LibDems and (even) 34% of #Tories

A post so stupid you posted it twice - once in each thread.

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @PickardJE: Fascinating to see this week how three parties would spend half a billion: Tories on marriage; Lib Dems on free meals; Labour on benefits
  • Options
    Anyone prepared to whack Crick over the head – can’t be all bad in my book...! ;-)
  • Options
    tim.. did you get the election right..
  • Options
    Forsa Poll today for Sunday's German election - CDU/CSU 40%, SPD 26%, Green 10%, FDP 5%, Linke 9%, AfD 4%, Pirates 2%.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_German_federal_election,_2013
  • Options
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

tim said:

TGOHF said:

Poor UKIP.

UK: Six out of ten voters want #BedroomTax scrapped http://t.co/dIA2JaCNbW 79% of #Labour voters, 65% of #LibDems and (even) 34% of #Tories

I realise you and ScottP think polling is stupid, it's why you get elections wrong.
    Popular bribes are ok - but if you can't think of one that more than 65% of LDs would support then Labour really are dumb.
  • Options
    So Ed plans to introduce a tax to pay for the unemployed to have spare rooms.

If so, I am against this so called 'bedroom tax'.
  • Options

So Ed plans to introduce a tax to pay for the unemployed to have spare rooms.

If so, I am against this so called 'bedroom tax'.

It is to be a "tax for bedrooms"

• Options
    TSE Considering Godfrey Bloom said Cameron was 'the type of guy he used to beat up at school' in a Telegraph interview in the summer, that will be doubly so!
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    ITN leads on Bloom

'UKIP's big day blown...'
  • Options
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

tim said:

TGOHF said:

tim said:

TGOHF said:

Poor UKIP.

I realise you and ScottP think polling is stupid, it's why you get elections wrong.
    Popular bribes are ok - but if you can't think of one that more than 65% of LDs would support then Labour really are dumb.

Fancy a bet that Daves marriage nonsense gets less Lib Dem support than that?

Blame Clegg - its his idea.

• Options
    ITN reading UKIP's obituary...

"dream of the mainstream lays in tatters..."
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    edited September 2013
    TSE can laugh his bollocks off, but the UKIP conference which I've just left, was a great political meeting that leaves the Lab/Lib/Con party in it's wake.

Yes, You've all had your fun over Godfrey Blooms childish antics but he is out and will stay out until he can act like an adult.

I, and others had a marvelous day, getting aquainted with new friends and renewing old friendships. The policies speak for themselves and as a program also leave the establishment in the dust.

UKIP will continue to prosper and gain more local councillors and MEP's and eventually MP's for parliament.

May I also remind TSE that Cammo has no nuts
  • Options
    Farage losing it on ITN...
  • Options
    MikeK said:

TSE can laugh his bollocks off, but the UKIP conference which I've just left, was a great political meeting that leaves the Lab/Lib/Con party in it's wake.

Yes, You've all had your fun over Godfrey Blooms childish antics but he is out and will stay out until he can act like an adult.

I, and others had a marvelous day, getting aquainted with new friends and renewing old friendships. The policies speak for themselves and as a program also leave the establishment in the dust.

UKIP will continue to prosper and gain more local counciler and MEP's and eventually MP's for parliament.

There are no American tanks in Baghdad.

• Options
    Evening all, you PB Sluts :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    @RicHolden

.@Ed_Miliband your first 2015 manifesto pledge is literally more borrowing, to pay for more welfare. Labour are the #WelfareParty
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

So what. The journos have writing off UKIP for years. It hasn't stopped people voting for them.

• Options
    Scott_P said:

@RicHolden

.@Ed_Miliband your first 2015 manifesto pledge is literally more borrowing, to pay for more welfare. Labour are the #WelfareParty

Labour, the party of the shirking class.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

UKIP will continue to prosper and gain more local councillors and MEP's and eventually MP's for parliament.

Glad you hear you enjoyed your day Mike. Was there anything in particular that stood out for you?
  • Options
    tim said:

The big UKIP battle line drawn today is Farage is going to blame Cameron for a "Romanian crime wave"

We will have to see whether Cameron has the balls to stand up for Thatcherite free movement of labour or whether he plays catchup up using an Aussie dog whistle

He'll be too busy laughing at Ed - what next above inflation rises in unemployment benefit ?
  • Options
    Can't wait to hear Crick on CH4.

Farage seriously fecked-up today.
  • Options
    Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit , By Chas and Dave... tims new theme tune..see it here in all its glory.
    Now what is Ed announcing .. and how will it be financed?
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Did the local by election results yesterday go along with the YouGov polls ?
  • Options
    Ha Ha Ha Ha!

I was wondering what on earth Labour were going on about in their guff about reversing "a £150 million tax cut for hedge funds" introduced in the budget, to be described by Ed M in these terms:

We’ll scrap the bedroom tax by abolishing the shady schemes of tax loopholes for the privileged few which the Tories keep inventing. Tax cuts for hedge funds..

This seemed odd to me, because I didn't remember any tax cuts for hedge funds in the budget.

I was right: what they are referring to is this:

Stamp Duty Reserve Tax - Abolition of Schedule 19

Legislation will be introduced in Finance Bill 2014 to abolish the stamp duty reserve tax charge on unit trusts and open-ended investment companies in Schedule 19 to the Finance Act 1999.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2013/other-taxes.htm

Labour don't understand the difference between a unit trust/OEIC and a hedge fund! What utter simpletons!

Tory HQ are right - it's a straight tax on pensions.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

What did Mr Farage do wrong?

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    MikeK said:

Er Farage does childish antics and sticks them on his web site, why should you pick on Bloom? Simply put UKIP wouldn't be capable of running a BOO campaign based on today's performance and Cameron looks pretty secure despite the endless rhetoric.
  • Options

Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Labour don't understand the difference between a unit trust/OEIC and a hedge fund! What utter simpletons!

And zero tax to be raised from hedge funds.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

We know that the MSM and the parties of the establishment will use any chance to denigrate UKIP; and do you know why? They are afraid of UKIP! They are afraid that UKIP will upset the cosy consensus between the establishment and the MSM as they grab all they can while watching with equinamity the decline of a once great country.

Dont worry about UKIP RodCrosby, your grubby party is the one losing members hand over fist.
  • Options

To be fair to Labour, they don't need to understand it, what they need to do is persuade the public that there's no difference. It is up to the baby eaters to demonstrate otherwise.
  • Options
    How long before Labours new and only policy is shredded...it all bodes well
  • Options
    tim said:

@RichardNabavi

How are the Tories paying for their marriage tax nonsense do you think

Between now and the election the Bedroom tax will be shown to save sod all, we all know that

That is handy because Labour will raise sod all from hedge funds - just another private sector pension raid.

Son of Brown indeed.
  • Options

I can't imagine that the Mail or Express will mention a tax raid on private pensions to pay for extra rooms for unemployed people...
  • Options
    RichardNabaviRichardNabavi Posts: 3,413
    edited September 2013
    The other hilarious thing (or at least, it would be hilarious if there wasn't a risk of these idiots getting back into government in 2015) is that Labour seem to think that taxes on unit trusts and other forms of collective investment fund are paid by the investment managers - the fat-cats. Of course they're not - they come straight out of your pension.
  • Options

Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Should the National Trust be worried ?

How about hedge trimmers - may they see extra taxes to pay for the workshy ?
  • Options

It can't be shredded. This guy won't let them...

@TimGattITV
    Unite union leader Len McCluskey heralds Miliband's pledge to scrap 'bedroom tax' as "Labour best being bold and radical"
  • Options

RodCrosby said:

What did Mr Farage do wrong?

1. He let the media control events.

2. He lost his rag publicly several times in TV interviews.

3. He wrecked his own conference, by jumping on the podium to tell the world that 'the conference has been wrecked'...

As I said, Zero political skills...

• Options
    TGOHF said:

I can't imagine that the Mail or Express will mention a tax raid on private pensions to pay for extra rooms for unemployed people...
    Probably not, but they’ll have no excuse..!

BBC – The Treasury claims Labour's figures fail to add up and that this policy would be funded by a tax on pensions and more borrowing
    "Labour's first policy commitment, after three years of waiting, is more spending on housing benefit, funded by a tax on pensions and more borrowing," said Treasury Minister Sajid Javid.

"Despite promising 'discipline' on borrowing, Ed Miliband has shown he is too weak to deliver."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24182448
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    CH4 lead on Bloom...

'UKIP conference derailed'

'Have UKIPs plans to win the 2014 elections been destroyed too?'
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

CH4 lead on Bloom...

It is fabulous television...
  • Options
    'The privileged few' whom Ed refers to in his phrase "shady schemes of tax loopholes for the privileged few" currently include two-thirds of those approaching retirement (but not public-sector workers with gold-plated inflation-linked final salary schemes, of course), and also includes the huge mass of less well-off workers who will soon be auto-enrolled in the new workplace pensions.
  • Options

MikeK said:

Glad you hear you enjoyed your day Mike. Was there anything in particular that stood out for you?
    The standout for me was came an hour into proceedings with an excellent speech on UKIPs policy on energy by Roger Helmer. Immediately after that a short 10 minute speech by Paul Nuttall was brilliant in it's straight forward thinking on UKIP's near future.

Nigel Farage made a very nice speech which got 5 standing ovations inside conference. But he was even better speaking on the green outside to reporters at lunchtime.

I, myself had a heart to heart chat with Nutall on the green regarding the withdrawal of the Ban on the burkha and the niqab - in public, which I personally dissaprove of. He said he would take my views into consideration. I hope to hear more soon.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,419
    tim said:

UKIP are behaving like Romanians on acid.

No publicity is bad publicity.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    1.000,000 low earners are entitled to housing benefits, so help for the low paid who are affected by this tax/penalty.

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/regulation/number-of-benefit-claimants-in-work-nears-1-million-landmark/6528257.article
    TGOHF said:

• Options
    @DPJHodges
    Labour: "This welfare policy really, really, is the one that will turn the table on the Tories". It won't. Just like the others didn't.
  • Options
    It is a real shame Bloom was daft enough to make the 'sluts' comment. It really was a stupid thing to say whither he meant it or not.

If all he had done today was whack Crick with a manifesto and rightly put him in his place I think this evening could be have been very different both for him and for UKIP. Certainly I think the reaction of most people would have been similar to that on here which from almost every corner was one of enjoying a pompous journalist put in his place.

Unfortunately what is done is done and Bloom has shot himself and his party in the foot once too often.

Still wish Nuttall or Congdon were leader though.
  • Options
    Interesting CH4 implying Farage was losing the plot today already, due to last night's attack-job on him by CH4...
  • Options
    tim said:

" Romanians on acid " .

Well , well , well.

Are you prejudiced or just thick ?

• Options
    If the polls show AfD on 4% I'm confident they will get at least 5% on election day.
  • Options
    CH4 really putting the boot in.

"Bloom was sacked for embarrassing the party today, not for what he actually said"
  • Options
    CH4 now trying to finish off Helmer over "date-rape" comments...
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    Scott_P said:

It can't be shredded. This guy won't let them...

@TimGattITV
    Unite union leader Len McCluskey heralds Miliband's pledge to scrap 'bedroom tax' as "Labour best being bold and radical"
    So...going back the status ante is 'bold and radical', is it? Chuckle.
  • Options
    CH4 likening "taking our country back" to BNP and NF statements...
  • Options
    @afneil
    Ukip getting massive news coverage tonight. But not necessarily in a good way. Excellent Michael Crick report on C4 news #c4news
  • Options

1.000,000 low earners are entitled to housing benefits, so help for the low paid who are affected by this tax/penalty.

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/regulation/number-of-benefit-claimants-in-work-nears-1-million-landmark/6528257.article

TGOHF said:

Why on earth are we in a position where 1 million low earners are entitled to housing benefit? Also, who are these people? We had no income at all for 18 months up until about a year ago (waiting for a new contract to start), and couldn't claim a thing. Perhaps we're in a position where everyone can claim, so we're all equal (in the eyes of our socialist masters).
  • Options
    To some voters what's going on with UKIP will look like older men being constantly picked on by political correct types.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

tim said:

No publicity is bad publicity.
    I incline towards this view, but UKIP are certainly testing the principle today.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351

Bloom on the BBC News came over as an affable idiot. Clearly having a laugh with the audience and not at them (as in lazy sluts who don't brush behind the fridge). He may be a swivel-eyed loon but it makes a pleasant change from our Labour MP - Shaun Woodard who comes across as a spineless lickspittle.

The BBC may have over-reacted to this as usual. They thought John Prescott's retaliation against the egg-thrower was horrendous and the end of civilisation. The great British public disagreed.
  • Options
    A while back, shortly after his gaffe-before-last (*), I suggested that UKIP should drop Bloom like a hot potato. Bloom is only interested in Bloom, and not UKIP.

Good to see I've been proved right. He's like an early American Mk-XIV torpedo: prone to circle around to hit the firing boat, and liable to explode at an inopportune moment. All in all, an untrustworthy dud.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_14_torpedo

A couple of his previous gaffes could (just) be excused a poor attempts at humour. But he has repeatedly committed the same errors, damaging the party in its weakest spot. He doesn't care, and Farage should have got rid of him ages ago.

(*) Was it only a couple of months ago?
  • Options
    Anorak said:

So...going back the status ante is 'bold and radical', is it? Chuckle.

To be fair, it's not just going back to the status quo ante. It's going back to the status quo ante after dithering about whether to go back to the status quo ante for over nine months. That's a bold and radical approach to being bold and radical.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748
    Ed seems to believe that bashing a tax with an invented name is a sure-fire winner. I don't think he's right, but far worse it does show a shortfall in Labour's ambition. Who are his advisors at the moment? It seems pretty certain that one or more will get the chop. If not then Ed will get the chop himself.
  • Options
    @CD13 Sky News was playing as usual in the gym changing room when I trained earlier, and this story came on. It's the first time I've ever seen the respectful silence broken as half a dozen different men competed to laugh at Godfrey Bloom's antics today. This story will cross over into the public consciousness in a way that few do.
  • Options
    @NaraHodge
    Ed #Miliband will pledge on Saturday to disclose the secret location of #Labour magic money tree if he's PM. pic.twitter.com/MKi1ddcdNw
  • Options

To be fair, it's not just going back to the status quo ante. It's going back to the status quo ante after dithering about whether to go back to the status quo ante for over nine months. That's a bold and radical approach to being bold and radical.

Boldly and radically endorsing exactly the view of his union paymaster. Who could have predicted that?
  • Options
    Just breaking:

Bongo-Bongo-Land government release statement welcoming Bloom's sacking from UKIP!
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Just saw the results from the local elections yesterday. Boy, did I have to find them ?

One UKIP gain and one Labour gain.
  • Options
    jayfdeejayfdee Posts: 618
    Lets not get too wound up over Bongo Bongo land. When I was climbing in Tanzania,my Tanzanian guide insisted on being called Bongo,it was not his real name.
    After a few days it seemed quite natural to shout out " Hey Bongo which way now",no one seemed remotely offended,Bongo seemed very pleased that we used his preferred nick name.
  • Options
    @BBCAllegra
    1/ BREAKING: my mum confirms 'slut' isn't a term she uses. "For my generation sexual overtones come first and dirty, untidy bit second".
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,885
    My biased opinion

People who were inclined to vote for UKIP wont be bothered at all by today.

It may encourage some people who aren't usually interested in politics to vote for them.

Those who vote for the big three parties will be telling each other how bad it is for UKIP and congratulating each other on how prescient they were in forecasting its demise, but this only reinforces how out of touch they are with the man on the street.

I would have thought most working class people would see todays footage and think Bloom was a character and Crick was a prat.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@BBCAllegra
    1/ BREAKING: my mum confirms 'slut' isn't a term she uses. "For my generation sexual overtones come first and dirty, untidy bit second".

In Liverpool, some men call their wives and girlfriends 'slut' as a term of endearment...

• Options
    Strange contrast today.

The media which missed the Brown and McBride shenanigans for years have no problem picking up on UKIPs more interesting characters.
  • Options
    tim said:

Farage sweating like a Bulgarian slut

According to tim UKIP are behaving like Romanians on acid and Farage is sweating like a Bulgarian slut.
    tim's squalid mental landscape is revealed.

• Options
    There are two overlapping groups of possible UKIP voters who will be very put off by today's events. Some elderly people very much value good language and would not include "slut" in their vocabulary. Some other elderly people, particularly women, will be shocked at Godfrey Bloom's views on the use of prostitutes. But will it make that much difference to the polls in the short term? That's unclear.

If I were a UKIP supporter (a difficult leap of imagination for me), I would be most concerned about the impression that the party is a joke. Further such incidents will make it much easier for the major parties, particularly the Conservatives, to argue that voters should use their votes more seriously.
  • Options
    The people most offended by UKIP today will be those who would never have voted for them anyway.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Andy_JS said:

The people most offended by UKIP today will be those who would never have voted for them anyway.

Women?
  • Options
    isam said:

My biased opinion

It may encourage some people who aren't usually interested in politics to vote for them.

Those who vote for the big three parties will be telling each other how bad it is for UKIP and congratulating each other on how prescient they were in forecasting its demise, but this only reinforces how out of touch they are with the man on the street.

I would have thought most working class people would see todays footage and think Bloom was a character and Crick was a prat.

The issue is more the UKIP reaction rather than the problems. It's always been on the cards that UKIP would get more of a grilling as their vote share grew and it's been pretty clear that UKIP have quite a few skeletons in the wardrobe.

If they tough it out and get better oirganised they can come back but Farage was looking a bit headless chicken, and he has only himself to blame as he sets the tone when he does his cheeky chappy routine and looks surprised when other try to out Farage him. For UKIP it;s time to grow up or head back to the nursery.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,520
    With the whip suspended from Godfrey Bloom, UKIP have now lost 38% of the MEPs they had elected in 2009. (That would be like the Conservatives having lost 118 MPs!) UKIP came second in the 2009 elections. They are now fourth in MEP numbers, 3 seats behind the LibDems.

To lose one MEP may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose five looks like carelessness.
  • Options
    CH4 now showing the UKIP Youth. It's not getting better
  • Options
    Farage was very rattled by last night's allegations...

Had a few too many pints today...

Bloom antic's should have been laughed off...

But Farage was looking to kick someone's nuts today...

Bloom obliged...

UKIP implode...

Farage makes it official by ending his own conference, telling them "it's dead, wrecked..."

• Options
    jayfdee said:

Lets not get too wound up over Bongo Bongo land. When I was climbing in Tanzania,my Tanzanian guide insisted on being called Bongo,it was not his real name.
    After a few days it seemed quite natural to shout out " Hey Bongo which way now",no one seemed remotely offended,Bongo seemed very pleased that we used his preferred nick name.

Without wanting to defend or criticise Bloom over the Bongo Bongo quote, I did find it very funny that the French clearly have a wonderful sense of comic timing. Only a day or so after Bloom made his comments, this made the news

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/gabon/9871302/French-police-raid-Gabon-leaders-Nice-villa.html

Seems the claims of corruption in Bongo Bongo land were not so far from the truth.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,955

To lose one MEP may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose five looks like carelessness.

Tell that to Cam after the next Euro elections ;-)
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,195
    edited September 2013
    jayfdee said:

"Bye, Bongo! Smoke me a Kipper! I'll be back for breakfast!" - Ace Rimmer.
  • Options
    isam said:

My biased opinion

Actually more or less agree with your first three points. But just watching Bloom v Crick on C4News I came to the conclusion that Bloom is more than just eccentric; he's seriously deranged.
  • Options
    Hmmmm.....

The general view will, of course, be that UKIP screwed up and killed themselves today. Dave will be chuffed.

But....this happened too soon. A month before the GE and Dave would be on his knees thanking the good lord. Now though - I suspect it means Farage, Nutall, James and some others will start taking the issue of party discipline, membership vetting, message management etc alot more seriously. We may well find today was not the day UKIP died but the day it grew up. With 18 months to go that may not be good for Dave. We'll see. But don't assume UKIP are spent. Very far from it I suspect.
  • Options
    We're supposed to believe this was just a coincidence:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/unfortunate-bbc-moustache-for-nigel-farage-8829452.html

"A pixelation error on the BBC’s big screen at Media City in Salford meant Nigel Farage appeared to have grown Hitler-style moustache when speaking to BBC Breakfast on Friday morning.

In an unfortunate incident similar to a Father Ted episode where a perfectly square piece of dirt gave the Irish priest a moustache, the Ukip leader was left talking about an immigration crackdown with a large black pixel over his upper lip.

He had been talking to the broadcaster about Enoch Powell following revelations that teachers saw him as a 'racist' and a 'fascist' at school."
  • Options

isam said:

My biased opinion

The issue is more the UKIP reaction rather than the problems. It's always been on the cards that UKIP would get more of a grilling as their vote share grew and it's been pretty clear that UKIP have quite a few skeletons in the wardrobe.

If they tough it out and get better oirganised they can come back but Farage was looking a bit headless chicken, and he has only himself to blame as he sets the tone when he does his cheeky chappy routine and looks surprised when other try to out Farage him. For UKIP it;s time to grow up or head back to the nursery.
    I agree AB. The big story today was not Bloom doing his usual idiocies - and in fact potentially doing some good with the imaginative way he reacted to Crick - but the reaction of Farage. As I said earlier he was probably right to dump Bloom after the 'sluts' comment but there was no need to make such a public spectacle of it and do it so badly.

Surprisingly poor judgement from someone who is normally so good at the public side of the job.
  • Options
    Young Kipper seems to be a young socialist...
  • Options

It is a real shame Bloom was daft enough to make the 'sluts' comment. It really was a stupid thing to say whither he meant it or not.

If all he had done today was whack Crick with a manifesto and rightly put him in his place I think this evening could be have been very different both for him and for UKIP. Certainly I think the reaction of most people would have been similar to that on here which from almost every corner was one of enjoying a pompous journalist put in his place.

Unfortunately what is done is done and Bloom has shot himself and his party in the foot once too often.

Still wish Nuttall or Congdon were leader though.

I watched Prof Congdon's speech earlier. He was covering some important stuff, but he's not got much in way of presentation skills. Mr Farage is a much better front man in my opinion.

http://youtu.be/Cuv5OlPTtk4
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    *scrubs behind fridge*
  • Options
    Carola said:

*scrubs behind fridge*

Missed a bit.
This discussion has been closed.