Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » After 30 years the longest lasting poll series in British poli

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited October 2018 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » After 30 years the longest lasting poll series in British politics comes to an end

This is something of a sad moment in British politics. The longest lasting polling series, ICM for the Guardian, has come to an end after a total of 30 years. Polls have been running from the firm in the paper at least monthly since January 1989 when ICM replaced Marplan as the paper’s voting intention provider.

Read the full story here

Comments

• OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,688
    Second!
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,563
    AV atque vale, ICM.
  • It may indicate the need by the Guardian to cut costs is becoming more urgent
    @Mike

Their data is pretty important. Could you try to make sure it's not lost? (You can have some money from me here if it helps)
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    Sad news. And a bit worrying that the lack of belief in polls is becoming so widespread.

This just feeds into the whole fake news agenda if you ask me.
    FPT
    Sean_F said:

The Courts would certainly strike that down. He'd need a constitutional amendment/
    A second Trump term might change the calculation, I think.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    I can understand the widespead skepticism of polls, but boy it will be duller if we didn't get them.
  • This is a disgrace.

I recently donated £100 to the Guardian, in part because of their ICM polls.

Grrr.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

kingbongo said:

I enjoyed watching that Apple product launch more than Spreadsheet Phil at the same time yesterday. Pretty sure Tim Cook's announcements will improve my life more than Phil's, too.

What new Apple product/function/feature?
    Both the Mac mini and the MacBook Air are spot on for what I need. I'm currently working with a couple of old Mac minis but they're starting to show their age.

Francis - well, depends what you want to do with it; I do a reasonably unique combination of *nix-based programming, graphic design, and Xcode, and the Mac is the only platform that offers two of those (no Adobe Illustrator on Linux, no *nix on Windows - the Ubuntu-lite doesn't really hack it for the stuff I need to do) let alone the third.
    Software tools...what are they...I saw some videos of legendary hacker and brains behind a competitor to Tesla’s “self-driving “ car George hotz....he uses VIM for everything....no VS, xCode, JetBrains for him! He has literally coded a load of deep learning AI that is basically as good as Tesla in a crap text editor

The man is more bonkers than his hero Elon musk after an evening with joe rogan.
    VIM is a great text editor. I miss it now. Way fancier than vi.
    we coded most of Barclay’s Capital’s trading interfaces in vi - no VIM bollocks, proper vi. As far as I know my code is still processing millions of pounds of trading in various exotic instruments - I wish we’d had IntelliJ! We did it in vi because our boss was a cheapskate not because it was hardcore
    These day for the cheapstakes out there atom is the way forward.
    Eclipse is pretty good and very comprehensive and free.
    I can't afford a machine that will run Eclipse at a reasonable speed, sadly.
    What could you do with Eclipse?

Write code.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(software)

It has a reputation for being hideously slow and resource intensive. Which was what I was alluding to...
  • If I remember my chats with various people at ICM, wasn't ICM founded by people who founded/worked at Marplan and ICM pretty much used their methodology at the start, so their series probably goes back even further.
    rcs1000 said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

kingbongo said:

I enjoyed watching that Apple product launch more than Spreadsheet Phil at the same time yesterday. Pretty sure Tim Cook's announcements will improve my life more than Phil's, too.

Both the Mac mini and the MacBook Air are spot on for what I need. I'm currently working with a couple of old Mac minis but they're starting to show their age.

Francis - well, depends what you want to do with it; I do a reasonably unique combination of *nix-based programming, graphic design, and Xcode, and the Mac is the only platform that offers two of those (no Adobe Illustrator on Linux, no *nix on Windows - the Ubuntu-lite doesn't really hack it for the stuff I need to do) let alone the third.
    Software tools...what are they...I saw some videos of legendary hacker and brains behind a competitor to Tesla’s “self-driving “ car George hotz....he uses VIM for everything....no VS, xCode, JetBrains for him! He has literally coded a load of deep learning AI that is basically as good as Tesla in a crap text editor

The man is more bonkers than his hero Elon musk after an evening with joe rogan.
    we coded most of Barclay’s Capital’s trading interfaces in vi - no VIM bollocks, proper vi. As far as I know my code is still processing millions of pounds of trading in various exotic instruments - I wish we’d had IntelliJ! We did it in vi because our boss was a cheapskate not because it was hardcore
    What could you do with Eclipse?

Write code.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(software)

It has a reputation for being hideously slow and resource intensive. Which was what I was alluding to...
    And what does it have a reputation for doing well?

This is a disgrace....

Have a word with the Chief Sec to the Treasury.
  • MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

If I remember my chats with various people at ICM, wasn't ICM founded by people who founded/worked at Marplan and ICM pretty much used their methodology at the start, so their series probably goes back even further.

Correct. Nick Sparrow was at Marplan which had the Guardian contract before ICM
  • What no thread on IDE / text editor of choice for the coder community of PB?

If I remember my chats with various people at ICM, wasn't ICM founded by people who founded/worked at Marplan and ICM pretty much used their methodology at the start, so their series probably goes back even further.

And you're going to do what? Abandon it?
  • Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace....

I like Liz, always nice to meet another fellow Republican Tory.

I recently donated £100 to the Guardian,.

Don't they revoke Tory party membership for that?

Sorry, too busy with half term, and working out which new MacBook Air to order.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    Sometying looking like a blue wave in the latest US polls:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,733

Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace....

She makes such cheesy speeches though.
  • This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

Was that for help with the "little extras"?
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited October 2018

What no thread on IDE / text editor of choice for the coder community of PB?

No hope for you....Guardian donations, MacBook Air, its a slippery slope....ending in you making the leap and joining Maomentum.
  • This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

I was moved by a recent piece that said most of the good news is behind paywalls, and the people that can't afford good journalism end up with fake news.

The Guardian does some pretty good coverage, and are one of the few papers to hold up their hands and publish corrections and clarifications.

No hope for you....Guardian donations, MacBook Air, its a slippery slope....ending in you making the leap and joining Maomentum.
    We live in a bizarre world where John McDonnell is happy with the budget and I am not.

Though I understand the political reasons why Hammond delivered the budget he did.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    Omnium said:

@Mike

Their data is pretty important. Could you try to make sure it's not lost? (You can have some money from me here if it helps)

Wikipedia has a comprehensive record of historical polling data and there is also at least one website with a complete historical series.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    kle4 said:

I can understand the widespead skepticism of polls, but boy it will be duller if we didn't get them.

And a lot fewer posts from our friend HY....
  • Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace....

In God we Truss!
  • stodgestodge Posts: 12,741

I was moved by a recent piece that said most of the good news is behind paywalls, and the people that can't afford good journalism end up with fake news.

The Guardian does some pretty good coverage, and are one of the few papers to hold up their hands and publish corrections and clarifications.

I have to admit even the Racing Post isn't what it was though with Millington's departure perhaps we'll see an improvement.

Back to the Budget and I see the FOBT cutback has been delayed by six months just to help the poor bookie chappies. It will be fascinating to see how many betting shops close once the limit is reduced - I can't believe all the shops in East Ham can survive (in fact we've lost two, a Hills and one of the Paddy Power shops back to retail).

Retail in East Ham is all about coffee shops and cafes - we've had Steam & Bean recently open and the Salah Café is about to open with its menu geared to the Portuguese Sub-Saharan African community - I'll have a full Sao Tome e Principe (well, you never know)/

• Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Eclipse is OK. I used it for years with PDT plugins. For Java I used to use the Borland IDE and loved it
    IanB2 said:

Omnium said:

@Mike

Wikipedia has a comprehensive record of historical polling data and there is also at least one website with a complete historical series.
    Sure but their raw data is not without merit.

Someone somewhere really did say they were voting Transendental Meditation Party, or whatever it was. (Their manifesto was full of tensor maths)
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,273
    We have the Guardian delivered each day - I dread to think how much it costs us (Mrs P deals with that). But I'll miss it when it's gone, as it surely will in the next few years. :disappointed:

I must be getting old because I've started to notice things I thought of as more or less permanent (printed papers, high street shops, cattle grazing in the fields, etc.) are slowly disappearing.

Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace....

In God we Truss!
    I always thought she would have done well at Agriculture.

Having been ploughed by a Field, she might have had some understanding of it.
  • rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    edited October 2018
    Nigelb said:

FPT

Sean_F said:

The Courts would certainly strike that down. He'd need a constitutional amendment/
    The wording of the 14th is pretty clear though. It'd take some impressive legal gymnastics, probably around the "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" qualifier, to find a way to end jus soli from it. And if SCOTUS rules that undocumented immigrants' children aren't in fact "subject to the jurisdiction [of the United States]", what jurisdiction does the US have to deport them?

This is just Trump trying to energize his base in a desperate hope to divert the coming blue wave. If an actual EO comes from it, I'll be surprised, and if it does, it'll be punted hard by the courts at all levels. In fact if the appeal to SCOTUS is of a circuit court ruling the EO is unconstitutional, I suspect SCOTUS wouldn't even take it.
  • If anything the Dems now look like they could go backwards, with the Reps now odds on in Missouri and N Dakota and safe(ish) in Texas.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Anyone still wanting to bet on regular turnout levels for an American mid term?

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/1057358153187233795?s=19

American polling filters, famously aggressive, are not going to cope with this.

Sometying looking like a blue wave in the latest US polls:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Not much polling in potential wave districts, though:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/house-update-heres-why-we-need-polls-in-red-districts-they-might-not-be-so-red/

This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

Agreed.
    If you value journalism at all, you ought to be paying someone (not the Telegraph, of course).

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Eclipse is OK. I used it for years with PDT plugins. For Java I used to use the Borland IDE and loved it
    I recall Borland C.

Ok, so Eclipse is just an average sort of a thing?

I'm killing myself currently on a Python cross.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,957
    edited October 2018
    Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

Agreed.
    If you value journalism at all, you ought to be paying someone (not the Telegraph, of course).
    I subscribe to The Times for £9.99 a month, which means I get brilliant, in depth coverage on news, politics, foreign affairs, business, law, and sports, plus an awesome iPad app.

I consider that a bargain, is less than I spend a week in a coffee shop.*

I'd subscribe to the FT but I already get a free corporate subscription.

*I don't actually drink coffee (or tea) usually have the hot chocolate or fruit juices.

Is a tragedy what happened to the Telegraph after Lord Black's little local difficulties.

That paper is going bust the day Matt goes to work for another paper.
    Nigelb said:
    What - realistically - is a good result for the Dems? I would have said;

1) taking the House. Anything less would be a very poor result.

2) capturing the governorships in Florida, Michigan, New Mexico and Nevada, with at least two of Kansas, Ohio, Georgia and South Dakota as well

3) Maybe taking one extra Senate seat.

That's pretty much it. It's hard to see them dominating the gubernatorial races or taking the Senate. It isn't exactly a blue wave if that comes to pass.

Conversely, if they do better than that then they arguably have had a very good set of results and can look forward to 2020 with at least a degree of optimism.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    rcs1000 said:

kingbongo said:

I used Eclipse on my eee901 netbook for years absolutely fine, its resource intensive nessus overrated. It is not 2002 any more.
  • AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487

Sad news. And a bit worrying that the lack of belief in polls is becoming so widespread.

This just feeds into the whole fake news agenda if you ask me.

Why? Polling in recent times has proved lousy. Anyone remember Martin Boon’s “Boom”? Out by an absolute mile when it mattered most.
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,979
    Alistair said:

Anyone still wanting to bet on regular turnout levels for an American mid term?

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/1057358153187233795?s=19

American polling filters, famously aggressive, are not going to cope with this.

There's a lot going on that is hard to read so there are likely to be some big surprises.

A good betting strategy might be to simply lay very low odds (1.05 or less on Betfair) and hope some of them turn out to be surprises (for either party).
    rpjs said:

Nigelb said:

FPT

Sean_F said:

The wording of the 14th is pretty clear though. It'd take some impressive legal gymnastics, probably around the "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" qualifier, to find a way to end jus soli from it. And if SCOTUS rules that undocumented immigrants' children aren't in fact "subject to the jurisdiction [of the United States]", what jurisdiction does the US have to deport them?

This is just Trump trying to energize his base in a desperate hope to divert the coming blue wave. If an actual EO comes from it, I'll be surprised, and if it does, it'll be punted hard by the courts at all levels. In fact if the appeal to SCOTUS is of a circuit court ruling the EO is unconstitutional, I suspect SCOTUS wouldn't even take it.
    It would be brute force rather than gymnastics.

Not as though it hasn’t been gutted, completely contrary to legislative intent, before...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughter-House_Cases

Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

Agreed.
    I subscribe to The Times for £9.99 a month, which means I get brilliant, in depth coverage on news, politics, foreign affairs, business, law, and sports, plus an awesome iPad app.

*I don't actually drink coffee (or tea) usually have the hot chocolate or fruit juices.

Is a tragedy what happened to the Telegraph after Lord Black's little local difficulties.

"I subscribe to The Times for £9.99 a month, which means I get brilliant, in depth coverage on news, politics, foreign affairs, business, law, and sports, plus an awesome iPad app."

Please tell us in which way "plus an awesome iPad app" is true? In what way did you feel awe?

I suspect that the quoted sentence has nothing to do with you.

• AnazinaAnazina Posts: 3,487

Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

Agreed.

The most arresting sentence in there is that you don’t drink tea or coffee. That is just beyond my comprehension.
  • Omnium said:

Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

Agreed.

"I subscribe to The Times for £9.99 a month, which means I get brilliant, in depth coverage on news, politics, foreign affairs, business, law, and sports, plus an awesome iPad app."

Please tell us in which way "plus an awesome iPad app" is true? In what way did you feel awe?

When you've used other newspaper apps, then The Times apps leaves you in awe.

Fun fact - Matt earns 50% more than anyone else at the Telegraph, including the editor and not including perks and bonuses.
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

2) capturing the governorships in Florida, Michigan, New Mexico and Nevada, with at least two of Kansas, Ohio, Georgia and South Dakota as well

That's pretty much it. It's hard to see them dominating the gubernatorial races or taking the Senate. It isn't exactly a blue wave if that comes to pass.

Conversely, if they do better than that then they arguably have had a very good set of results and can look forward to 2020 with at least a degree of optimism.
    Sounds about right - but doing better than expected in Republican congressional districts would be a very promising sign for the Presidency in 2020.

• ydoethur said:

Fun fact - Matt earns 50% more than anyone else at the Telegraph, including the editor and not including perks and bonuses.
    He's underpaid.
    edited October 2018
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

Sounds about right - but doing better than expected in Republican congressional districts would be a very promising sign for the Presidency in 2020.

Would it? I'm not so sure. The US does love its split ticket. I would say the Dems need a landslide in the House before we start getting confident about them regaining the White House.
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

I recall Borland C.

I forget what they used to call the Borland one. They sold it to some Brazilians who renamed it something forgettable. After that we were pushed onto NetBeans and I moved on to a happier working environment elsewhere.

I still use Eclipse and find it runs really well for PHP / PDT stuff, but I do not use the builtin webservers. Instead I set up my own to mirror the precise live setup of the webservers and simply work in the webserver folders on the dev box and then export to live when ready.
    edited October 2018

ydoethur said:

He's underpaid.
    50% more than everyone else put together would be fair.

• GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,695
    edited October 2018
    This is a shame but I guess inevitable given the recent fiasco's of the 2015 and 2017 general elections not to mention the referendum.

I bet the next election the pollsters get it spot on and "faith" will be restored... Until the next polling disaster.... :D
  • kingbongokingbongo Posts: 393
    Omnium said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

I recall Borland C.

all these IDEs are good - Eclipse is lumbered with it’s Java heritage - unless you are developing some major enterprise code there really is no need to use anything so heavyweight and so chock full of configuration management issues - if you’re using Python just use Jupiter Notebools or PyCharm or something Pythony

Omnium said:

Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

Agreed.

When you've used other newspaper apps, then The Times apps leaves you in awe.
    Ok, well if you say so, Totally explains matters, not a shred of doubt left. You were simply inspired by the wonder of the Times app to write 'awesome'. Happens every day to average folk in the street. No explanation needed.
  • NorthofStokeNorthofStoke Posts: 1,758

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

I recall Borland C.

I forget what they used to call the Borland one. They sold it to some Brazilians who renamed it something forgettable. After that we were pushed onto NetBeans and I moved on to a happier working environment elsewhere.

I still use Eclipse and find it runs really well for PHP / PDT stuff, but I do not use the builtin webservers. Instead I set up my own to mirror the precise live setup of the webservers and simply work in the webserver folders on the dev box and then export to live when ready.
    I use it a fair bit for Python (PyDev add-in) and Java, VS for Windows development.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "Europe Elects
    @EuropeElects

UK, Deltapoll poll:

EU membership ref.

Remain: 50% (nc)
    Leave: 50% (nc)

Field work: 24/10/18 – 26/10/18
    Sample size: 1,017"
    kingbongo said:

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

I recall Borland C.

all these IDEs are good - Eclipse is lumbered with it’s Java heritage - unless you are developing some major enterprise code there really is no need to use anything so heavyweight and so chock full of configuration management issues - if you’re using Python just use Jupiter Notebools or PyCharm or something Pythony
    Python is JAPL, but at least it is readable. For Ruby you do not need an IDE - a dice shaker and scrabble set should do ....
  • notmenotme Posts: 3,293

This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

Can’t afford and not prepared to pay are not the same thing.
  • AndyJS said:

"Europe Elects
    @EuropeElects

UK, Deltapoll poll:

EU membership ref.

one in a generation
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

Would it? I'm not so sure. The US does love its split ticket. I would say the Dems need a landslide in the House before we start getting confident about them regaining the White House.
    Perhaps - but alternatively, it might be a sign of Democrats making an effort where recently they had given up. Similarly in state houses.

I suspect next month, if we drill down in the figures, it will augur well.
    :-)
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    There is some weapons grade nerd shit going down on PB today.

I like vi.

Nigelb said:

This is a disgrace.

Grrr.

Agreed.

My local coffee place buys the Times, which seems in no danger at present, so I pay the Guardian.
    Gave up on the Telegraph some time back.

• ydoethur said:

One Matt in Hancock and the world's your oyster
    The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
    You'll find a god in every golden cloister
    And if you're lucky then the god's a she…
    Jonathan said:

I like vi.

Vi should be buried with a note apologising for its existence. Upgrade to Kate or Geany... or if you MUST do legacy stuff, Nano
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    Sad times.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Vi should be buried with a note apologising for its existence. Upgrade to Kate or Geany... or if you MUST do legacy stuff, Nano

vi is usually the only tool installed on the boxes we have
    Scott_P said:

apt-get install nano (or yum install nano, etc)
    Jonathan said:

I like vi.

Me too.

My humble contribution to the debate.

20 years ago working at a Bay Networks shop. This is before they introduced BCC (Bay Command Console, or Bay Copies Cisco). The way you programmed the router was with a crappy GUI app on a laptop called SiteMangler

You could console onto the box, but the only 'commands' available were MIB gets and sets.

That's one way to separate the Jedi from the wannabes...

Doesn't work like that...
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

Jonathan said:

I like vi.

Is vi/nano the new leave/remain? :o
    Scott_P said:

Doesn't work like that...
    Back in the days of floppy disks, I used to carry my own editor with me.

Wordstar :o
    RobD said:

Jonathan said:

I like vi.

No.

Vi is an abomination unto Nuggan
  • kingbongo said:

Omnium said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

I recall Borland C.

PyCharm for me everytime. JetBrains makes some great products.

Scott_P said:

I tried that phrase in Google translate. Not sure what language it is. It returned "apt-get install nano(またはyum install nanoなど". Not sure that helps.
  • alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    Anyone watching this documentary on pre Grenfell fires on BBC2? Harrowing stuff.

RobD said:

Jonathan said:

I like vi.

No.

Vi is an abomination unto Nuggan
    You mean like rocks, babies, accordion players and the colour blue?
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    alex. said:

Anyone watching this documentary on pre Grenfell fires on BBC2? Harrowing stuff.

Is it about previous fires in Grenfell Tower or in other places?
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623

AndyJS said:

"Europe Elects
    @EuropeElects

UK, Deltapoll poll:

EU membership ref.

one in a generation
    I'm sure at the second decimal place level it will definitely tell us exactly what the country's thinking.
  • alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    AndyJS said:

alex. said:

Other places. Previous fires where combinations of flammable cladding and stay put advice effectively foretold Grenfell.
    Barnesian said:

Scott_P said:

I tried that phrase in Google translate. Not sure what language it is. It returned "apt-get install nano(またはyum install nanoなど". Not sure that helps.
    It’s all 𒀝𒅗𒁺𒌑 to me....
    Jonathan said:

It's my general experience that people who have one very niche, nerdy interest, are highly likely to other very nerdy interests. But for once it's in a direction completely alien to me.
  • kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

It's my general experience that people who have one very niche, nerdy interest, are highly likely to other very nerdy interests. But for once it's in a direction completely alien to me.
    Are we talking about first class air travel or the best posh English sparkling wines again?
  • AndyJS said:

alex. said:

Other places, such as Lakanal House in 2009.
    kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

Klingon?
    edited October 2018
    Barnesian said:

kle4 said:

Jonathan said:

Klingon?
    If you can. I lost my grip on this conversation a long time ago.
  • A Labour councillor who tried to smuggle drugs into a music festival has resigned as a councillor having already left his cabinet post.

Ishmael Osamor, 29, had pleaded guilty to having £2,500-worth of drugs, at last year's Bestival event in Dorset.

A Labour councillor who tried to smuggle drugs into a music festival has resigned as a councillor having already left his cabinet post.

Ishmael Osamor, 29, had pleaded guilty to having £2,500-worth of drugs, at last year's Bestival event in Dorset.

I'm still amazed the judge accepted that was all for his personal use and that of a couple of friends.
  • ydoethur said:

A Labour councillor who tried to smuggle drugs into a music festival has resigned as a councillor having already left his cabinet post.

I'm still amazed the judge accepted that was all for his personal use and that of a couple of friends.
    It is either bullshit story or he has an incredible drug problem and needs an immediate intervention.
  • O/T Interesting to see Mrs T posting 50% opinion poll ratings just before she introduced the poll tax to Scotland. How different things may have been had she not done so but carried on into the 90s.

ydoethur said:

It is either bullshit story or he has an incredible drug problem and needs an immediate intervention.
    The intervention required after imbibing all of that would begin with defibrillators and move to several weeks in intensive care.
  • John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Is it:

'Let's remain in a reformed (no laughing at the back there!) EU?'

That's one of my favourites.
This discussion has been closed.