Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The party whose leader has the worst LOTO ratings on record re

Comments

• DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,776

The interesting question is why Nigel Farage hasn't started his own new party. I imagine it's because it's a lot of work and he really can't be bothered.

Is it not more that he enjoys spending other people's money rather than his own?
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789

kinabalu said:

Sad how difficult it is these days to found a racist party full of racists without racists joining and spoiling your racism with their racism.

That said, I'm glad her party exists because it reminds people, lest they forget, that racism, xenophobia, and petty small minded bigotry and hatred is and always was the primary motivating factor behind Brexit.

You need to wash your mouth out with soap. It was all about the failure of the political class to listen to the concerns of people who have been left behind by globalisation.
    I mean that's a very longwinded way of saying racist.
    There was a racist theme from some but to brand 17.4 million voters as racist is a nonsense. There were many others reasons for brexit
    16.8 million racists
    0.6 million idiots
    Just utter nonsense
    To be fair the quota of idiots was much higher than that.
  • DavidL said:

The interesting question is why Nigel Farage hasn't started his own new party. I imagine it's because it's a lot of work and he really can't be bothered.

Is it not more that he enjoys spending other people's money rather than his own?
    I'm sure he'd have no trouble getting donations.
  • kinabalu said:

Sad how difficult it is these days to found a racist party full of racists without racists joining and spoiling your racism with their racism.

That said, I'm glad her party exists because it reminds people, lest they forget, that racism, xenophobia, and petty small minded bigotry and hatred is and always was the primary motivating factor behind Brexit.

You need to wash your mouth out with soap. It was all about the failure of the political class to listen to the concerns of people who have been left behind by globalisation.
    I mean that's a very longwinded way of saying racist.
    There was a racist theme from some but to brand 17.4 million voters as racist is a nonsense. There were many others reasons for brexit
    16.8 million racists
    0.6 million idiots
    Just utter nonsense
    To be fair the quota of idiots was much higher than that.
    The important thing is that a *vast* majority of leave voters are either racists, or idiots, or racist idiots. We can argue about the precise numbers, but the sentiment is universal.

Scott_P said:
    Reality is just Project Fear.

When the Brecession happens it will be because remoaners didn't BELIEVE IN BRITAIN hard enough.
    This "shuddering blow" being the first estimate of Q4 GDP being 0.2% instead of the 0.3% forecast? When did the FT give up being a serious newspaper?
  • DavidL said:

I'm sure the Kremlin slush fund is still available.
  • AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,559

Scott_P said:
    FT anti brexit stance showing. Of course brexit is a negative to the economy but we are doing better than Italy and Germany and on a par with France
    I did wonder why it was a blow to the data?
    proabaly because they were rooting for a huge depression post the vote and it hasnt happened
    DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

When the Brecession happens it will be because remoaners didn't BELIEVE IN BRITAIN hard enough.
    This "shuddering blow" being the first estimate of Q4 GDP being 0.2% instead of the 0.3% forecast? When did the FT give up being a serious newspaper?
    when it started backing Tony Blair
  • CD13CD13 Posts: 6,349
    I think the predominant feeling I'm getting from some Remainers as their hopes gradually drift away is an overwhelming arrogance. At first, it was simple anger.

How dare these no-marks vote the wrong way, don't they realise how wrong they are and how right I am? How stupid must they be? They'll soon see the folly of their ways when we point it out enough. We'll have another vote and this time, they'll fall into line.

Now that leavers haven't been dissuaded by their betters' insults, arrogance has come to the fore. They don't deserve the vote, it's an outrage that they ever had it. Democracy must be re-defined as something I think is sensible. They can't help it, but they're not on our elevated level.

A sad sight.

DavidL said:

He really likes a big financial backer who can keep him in the style he has become accustomed to. Look how long he tolerated that idiot Banks.
  • Scott_P said:
    FT anti brexit stance showing. Of course brexit is a negative to the economy but we are doing better than Italy and Germany and on a par with France
    proabaly because they were rooting for a huge depression post the vote and it hasnt happened
    I mean, we haven't left the EU yet. The chaos has barely started. We're still several weeks away from when the ironic contempt starts giving away to first serious concern and then blind panic.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,961
    Scott_P said:
    "Shuddering blow"

Point and laugh at the FT.

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Yeah, that's probably right.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,584

Scott_P said:
    "Shuddering blow"

Fair enough.
    But don't blame the negative media if there is a sharp post Brexit recession.
    Interesting:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/11/kamala-harris-2020-marijuana-legalization-1163795
    Sen. Kamala Harris called for the legalization of marijuana at a federal level in a Monday morning interview, making her the latest 2020 contender to weigh in on an issue that has become front-and-center as the presidential campaign season begins.

“Half my family’s from Jamaica,” the California Democrat said, laughing when asked to respond to those who think she’s opposed to legalizing recreational use of the drug. “Are you kidding me?”

Scott_P said:
    I mean, we haven't left the EU yet. The chaos has barely started. We're still several weeks away from when the ironic contempt starts giving away to first serious concern and then blind panic.
    err yeah except, that want the argument in 2016 - arhmageddon, four horsemen, country falls in to the sea etc - and all that european bonus we would be missing like soaraway France or germany.

Remain have sone valid economic arguments such as uncertainty slowing investment or the cost of change but it all gets lost in the scaremongering and never gets a fair hearing, remain just lack the ability to make a case for anything
  • Nigelb said:

Scott_P said:
    "Shuddering blow"

Fair enough.
    I think a recession may hit parts of Europe very soon (Italy already) and a no deal brexit would be a comprehensive failure of the political class both here in the UK and in the EU

History will not be kind to any of them if it comes about
    Nigelb said:

Scott_P said:
    "Shuddering blow"

Fair enough.
    no Ill blame the economic cycle,

it hasnt gone away you know
  • Nigelb said:

And goodnight Mr Jennings. An apt way for his struggles to end sadly.

Surely that is it for his test career ?
    He's only 26. Given the lack of convincing alternatives there's plenty of time for him to have another go.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,961

Pulpstar said:

!Jeopardy!

Who is Anne Marie Moris ?

She was one of the candidates for leader the last time UKIP held a leadership election (after the Liverpool academic did so well at 2017GE, but before the ex-Army guy had to resign because of his girlfriend). After she lost she went off and formed her own party that was explicitly anti-Muslim. Something like the New Britain Party.
    Oops. No. That was Anne Marie Waters.

Anne Marie Morris is the Conservative MP for Newton Abbot, where I was living for the 2015GE, and I think she was in trouble for using racist language in more innocent times before Brexit sent everyone completely crazy.
    She got the Whip suspended (from memory 6 months?) for using the term "n****r in the woodpile".
    Nigelb said:

Scott_P said:
    "Shuddering blow"

Fair enough.
    Do we get to blame those who claimed (again) that there would be one when there isn't?
  • Nigelb said:

Interesting:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/11/kamala-harris-2020-marijuana-legalization-1163795
    Sen. Kamala Harris called for the legalization of marijuana at a federal level in a Monday morning interview, making her the latest 2020 contender to weigh in on an issue that has become front-and-center as the presidential campaign season begins.

“Half my family’s from Jamaica,” the California Democrat said, laughing when asked to respond to those who think she’s opposed to legalizing recreational use of the drug. “Are you kidding me?”

I can't help feeling that she's gaffed badly there - not for the policy (if it is that), but for the Jamaica bit.
  • CD13 said:

How dare these no-marks vote the wrong way, don't they realise how wrong they are and how right I am? How stupid must they be? They'll soon see the folly of their ways when we point it out enough.

You misunderstand us. We know leavers are all old and dying off rapidly.

Nobody cares if you atone for what you did or see the error of your ways.

What we need is that you live just long enough to be held to account for the national cataclysm about to be unleashed, to get the blame and suffer the retribution for everything that's about to happen, and be tarnished in history forever as the racists who destroyed the UK economy because a bus lied to them.
    Mr Nabavi,

"I can't help feeling that she's gaffed badly there."

I think she's being refreshingly honest. Mind you, that's usually a gaffe nowadays.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842

Pulpstar said:

!Jeopardy!

She was one of the candidates for leader the last time UKIP held a leadership election (after the Liverpool academic did so well at 2017GE, but before the ex-Army guy had to resign because of his girlfriend). After she lost she went off and formed her own party that was explicitly anti-Muslim. Something like the New Britain Party.

Anne Marie Morris is the Conservative MP for Newton Abbot, where I was living for the 2015GE, and I think she was in trouble for using racist language in more innocent times before Brexit sent everyone completely crazy.
    She got the Whip suspended (from memory 6 months?) for using the term "n****r in the woodpile".
    & The sole Brexit facing Tory opponent of the Brady amendment.
    Mr fantastic,

We know you're only kidding, but keep going - it's all good propaganda for the Leave Campaign..
  • ChrisChris Posts: 11,010

Scott_P said:
    "Shuddering blow"

Pointing and laughing isn't much of a substitute for reasoning.

But I suppose stupidity has already triumphed over reason, and all we can hope for is that things won't turn out quite as badly as seems likely.

CD13 said:

How dare these no-marks vote the wrong way, don't they realise how wrong they are and how right I am? How stupid must they be? They'll soon see the folly of their ways when we point it out enough.

What we need is that you live just long enough to be held to account for the national cataclysm about to be unleashed, to get the blame and suffer the retribution for everything that's about to happen, and be tarnished in history forever as the racists who destroyed the UK economy because a bus lied to them.
    lol

doooooooommmm
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

CD13 said:

Wasn't someone else on here banned recently for obsessing how leavers were dying off?
  • _Anazina__Anazina_ Posts: 1,810
    Nigelb said:

Interesting:

Cannabis legalisation is a mainstream political position nowadays. The UK is well behind the curve.

Even Richard N from PB – hardly a dangerous radical – was flirting with the idea the other day.

The longitudinal studies from Colorado support widespread legalisation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/09/07/teen-marijuana-use-falls-to-20-year-low-defying-legalization-opponents-predictions/?utm_term=.71c48cec46ab

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewdepietro/2018/05/04/how-much-money-states-make-cannabis-sales/#73c00093f181
  • Scott_P said:
    Except the Remain tossers were predicting all those terrible catastrophes just for voting for Brexit before we even actually enacted it. And then when none of their terrible predictions turned out to be true they pretended they were talking about something else - like the lying scum they are.

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Have you forgotten they backed Kinnock?

Nigelb said:

Interesting:

I can't help feeling that she's gaffed badly there - not for the policy (if it is that), but for the Jamaica bit.
    Why? What's wrong with saying she is half-Jamaican? (genuine question as to why that is a gaffe)
  • RobD said:

CD13 said:

Wasn't someone else on here banned recently for obsessing how leavers were dying off?
    Yep. I wonder what ever happened to them?

RobD said:

CD13 said:

Yep. I wonder what ever happened to them?
    they got older
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,776

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

I've always thought that the FT's political stance is a strange one.

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

I never read it, so yes
    edited February 2019

Scott_P said:
    Fast foward a few years ...

Of course Brexit wasn't the best thing, but look at the figures - we're still doing better than Rwanda and Kiribati.

Scott_P said:
    And if it doesn't, what then?
    Mr fantastic,

The bus didn't lie to me because I can't read joined-up writing. But I can put an 'X' on a ballot paper when someone shows me. Aren't I clever?
  • _Anazina_ said:

Nigelb said:

Interesting:

Why? What's wrong with saying she is half-Jamaican? (genuine question as to why that is a gaffe)
    Err, nothing. Implying that she backs legalisation because half her family are Jamaican druggies or dealers (which is how it will be presented by her opponents) ain't so smart. This is the USA.
    Chris said:

Scott_P said:
    Fast foward a few years ...

Of course Brexit wasn't the best thing, but look at the figures - we're still doing better than Rwanda and Kiribati.
    We're already doing worse than those two.
  • _Anazina_ said:

Nigelb said:

Interesting:

It's a bit of lazy racial sterotype let everyone from Jamaica is into pot.
    If a white guy had made the same crack then there would have been hell to pay.

Pulpstar said:

!Jeopardy!

These backbenchers making racist gaffes all blend into one. When Pulpstar asked the question I was thinking "Was she the one who made the joke about going for a Chinese?"
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

Scott_P said:
    Except the Remain tossers were predicting all those terrible catastrophes just for voting for Brexit before we even actually enacted it. And then when none of their terrible predictions turned out to be true they pretended they were talking about something else - like the lying scum they are.
    None? Not the exchange rate or anything like that?

Another Leaver dickhead trying to rewrite history.
    DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

I think that we have missed out on some growth in GDP, as a result of the vote in 2016. The average rate since then has been 1.7% p.a., whereas one could have expected 2% or so.
    CD13 said:

Mr fantastic,

The bus didn't lie to me because I can't read joined-up writing. But I can put an 'X' on a ballot paper when someone shows me. Aren't I clever?

you must be "old" young people cant be arsed to turn up to the polling station

_Anazina_ said:

Nigelb said:

Interesting:

Err, nothing. Implying that she backs legalisation because half her family are Jamaican druggies or dealers (which is how it will be presented by her opponents) ain't so smart. This is the USA.
    Unconvincing - to anyone who isn't going to vote Republican anyway.

Scott_P said:
    Indeed - even if we do take a bit of a hit in material terms, people should be appreciating the how much better things will be in the spiritual sphere.

The fact that it's now routine to refer to those with a different political opinion as "tossers" and "lying scum" should be a signpost to the broad and sunlit (albeit hungry) uplands we're moving towards.
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,124

CD13 said:

lol

doooooooommmm
    I see grabcoque of old is reverting to type - the hyperbolic ranting is clearly getting out of hand and it's not even tea-time.
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    RobD said:

CD13 said:

Cannot think who you might mean............... :))))
    edited February 2019
    Chris said:

Scott_P said:
    Indeed - even if we do take a bit of a hit in material terms, people should be appreciating the how much better things will be in the spiritual sphere.

The fact that it's now routine to refer to those with a different political opinion as "tossers" and "lying scum" should be a signpost to the broad and sunlit (albeit hungry) uplands we're moving towards.
    Almost as if they're desperate for everyone to see "the vision".

No one has yet on this board explained how they personally will be affected by Brexit for the better*.

Although there is this, of course...

https://thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/man-claims-hius-life-being-ruined-by-immigration-but-cant-explain-how-20170227122932

*edit: I think some antique dealers will be affected. I'm sure the sector deserves to dictate our entire national economic well-being.
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,960
    Nigelb said:

_Anazina_ said:

Nigelb said:

Interesting:

Unconvincing - to anyone who isn't going to vote Republican anyway.
    It won't wash well with the Democrat voters she needs to gain the nomination.
    Question. If I say I don't care about immigration, but I recognise that lots of people do and it's important to address their legitimate concerns, am I:
    a) a racist;
    b) racist by proxy;
    c) an apologist for racists; or
    d) something else?
    Mr Topping.

"No one has yet on this board explained how they personally will be affected by Brexit for the better*

You should have asked earlier. My life will be enriched by having my faith in democracy restored.
  • Sean_F said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

I think that we have missed out on some growth in GDP, as a result of the vote in 2016. The average rate since then has been 1.7% p.a., whereas one could have expected 2% or so.
    I wouldn’t have expected 2%. I’m happy with anything over 0% but my kids would like something to cause house prices to fall a bit before they need to buy.
    Endillion said:

Question. If I say I don't care about immigration, but I recognise that lots of people do and it's important to address their legitimate concerns, am I:
    a) a racist;
    b) racist by proxy;
    d) something else?

e) fall into this category:

https://thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/man-claims-hius-life-being-ruined-by-immigration-but-cant-explain-how-20170227122932

Sean_F said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

I wouldn’t have expected 2%. I’m happy with anything over 0% but my kids would like something to cause house prices to fall a bit before they need to buy.
    we could try building more houses
    CD13 said:

Mr Topping.

"No one has yet on this board explained how they personally will be affected by Brexit for the better*

You should have asked earlier. My life will be enriched by having my faith in democracy restored.

I'm sorry that your belief in democracy had taken such a knock, fragile thing as it must have been. What was it in the first place that made you lose your faith?
    TOPPING said:

CD13 said:

Mr Topping.

I'm sorry that your belief in democracy had taken such a knock, fragile thing as it must have been. What was it in the first place that made you lose your faith?
    you ask for an example then go all snidey when you get one

how many more answers do you think youre going to get now ?
    Endillion said:

a) a racist;
    b) racist by proxy;
    d) something else?

d) is subhuman scum, I assume?
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    Shuddering blow. It's definitely one of those situations where the FT had a headline ready and tried to fit it to the story rather than create a headline from the story. #fakenews.

TOPPING said:

CD13 said:

Mr Topping.

Well first of all it was not an answer. He didn't, presumably, vote for Brexit (if he voted for Brexit) as an exercise in democratic process.

Plus taking him at his word, I'm interested in why he believed that democracy was broken. Not at all snidey. And I'm sure he can answer for himself.
    MaxPB said:

Shuddering blow. It's definitely one of those situations where the FT had a headline ready and tried to fit it to the story rather than create a headline from the story. #fakenews.

You know, Max, quaint as the saying is - a billion dollars here, a billion dollars there...
    TOPPING said:

Endillion said:

a) a racist;
    b) racist by proxy;
    d) something else?

e) fall into this category:

d) was "something else", and yet you've added another category anyway. Great.
    Chuckle

https://thedailymash.co.uk/features/what-to-do-in-a-brexit-riot-20190130181927

"Make sure you can run faster than a mobility scooter If Leavers target Remainers you’ll need to escape from elderly people on their ‘Brexit choppers’. Get in training by jogging round an empty car park with your nan trying to run you over at 3mph."
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

CD13 said:

Mr Topping.

Well first of all it was not an answer. He didn't, presumably, vote for Brexit (if he voted for Brexit) as an exercise in democratic process.

Plus taking him at his word, I'm interested in why he believed that democracy was broken. Not at all snidey. And I'm sure he can answer for himself.
    I was about to compose a serious answer for you now I cant be bothered.

Sean_F said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

House prices have gone nowhere in real terms for a while !
    TOPPING said:

Chuckle

"Make sure you can run faster than a mobility scooter If Leavers target Remainers you’ll need to escape from elderly people on their ‘Brexit choppers’. Get in training by jogging round an empty car park with your nan trying to run you over at 3mph."

They go faster than 3 MPH !
    edited February 2019

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

CD13 said:

Mr Topping.

Do what you want s'a free country.

I asked how someone's life had been improved by Brexit and he gave a meaningless answer.
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

CD13 said:

Mr Topping.

Do what you want s'a free country.

I asked how someone's life had been improved by Brexit and he gave a meaningless answer.
    Brexit improved Jeremy Corbyn's career prospects.
  • Scott_P said:
    A UKIP/BNP voter calling people liars and scum. Yep, you heard it here.
  • Brexit improved Jeremy Corbyn's career prospects.

It's great for corporate lawyers, and anyone whose income derives from sources denominated in foreign currencies.
    Pulpstar said:

Sean_F said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

House prices have gone nowhere in real terms for a while !
    And, long may they continue to do so. Huge trouble resulted from prices rising by 320% between 1996 and 2007.

_Anazina_ said:

Nigelb said:

Interesting:

Yes, I see. Thanks for the reply.

It's great for corporate lawyers, and anyone whose income derives from sources denominated in foreign currencies.
    It's been a weird sort of "good at the moment, but possibly not in the future" for exporters. The exchange profits have more than paid for the Irish brass plate anyhow.
  • No, he's just a naughty boy!
  • Pulpstar said:

TOPPING said:

Chuckle

They go faster than 3 MPH !
    I got told off earlier about making jokes about swivel-eyed septuagenarians having difficulty coordinating their goosestep. No ageist jokes please, even if, and I want to make this very clear, even if they are Brexiteers.
  • Pulpstar said:

It's been a weird sort of "good at the moment, but possibly not in the future" for exporters. The exchange profits have more than paid for the Irish brass plate anyhow.
    My company has had very juicy exchange gains and we don't even need to bother with the Irish brass plate.
    Pulpstar said:

if people are stockbuilding both ways ahead of Brexit there must be a futher dip at some point as the stocks are run down
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:

You know, Max, quaint as the saying is - a billion dollars here, a billion dollars there...
    It's the first estimate, I'm not sure it's a number anyone should rely on for anything.
    MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:

It's the first estimate, I'm not sure it's a number anyone should rely on for anything.
    The trend is (not in this case) your friend.
    edited February 2019
    SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

CD13 said:

Mr Topping.

Democracy was utterly broken by the EU when they ignored two referendums that voted down the EU Constitution, and when we in Britain weren't even given the referendum that we were promised. Instead the EU and UK connived to turn the EU Constitution into the Lisbon Treaty, despite it being the same document, solely so they could ram it through parliaments and ignore those democratic votes, and British voters

Am I over-egging the pudding? Well, this is what the EU bigwigs said themselves:

“The Constitution is the capstone of a European Federal State.”

(Guy Verhofstadt, Belgian Prime Minister)

“If it’s a Yes we will say “on we go”, and if it’s a No we will say “we continue”.’

(Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Council)

“The substance of the Constitution is preserved. That is a fact.”

(German Chancellor Angela Merkel on the Lisbon Treaty)

“They must go on voting until they get it right.”

(Jose Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission)

And my favourite, by the actual author of the Constitution:

"Public opinion will be led - without knowing it - to adopt the policies we would never dare present to them directly. All the earlier proposals will be in the new text, but will be hidden or disguised in some way."

(Valery Giscard d'Estaing)

Case closed, m'Lud
    Nah. We were always sovereign and as a sovereign nation we decided to agree on these things. A democratically-elected government decided.

The rest of your post is gumph plus the final concluding argument is...we voted to leave. How much more the fuck democratic and sovereign does it get than that?
    SeanT said:

“The Constitution is the capstone of a European Federal State.”

(Guy Verhofstadt, Belgian Prime Minister)

Jean-Claude Piris (who wrote much of the treaty) wrote a book arguing that this was the substantial difference between the Constitution and the Lisbon Treaty, and that the Lisbon Treaty marked a turn away from federalism.
    Scott_P said:
    This is a revelation. Did anyone else know that Jeremy Corbyn was left-wing?
  • Mr. Topping, both the Government and Opposition promised us a referendum, then the Government (under Brown) reneged upon it. That's not exactly a glittering example of democracy in action.
    Chris said:

Scott_P said:
    This is a revelation. Did anyone else know that Jeremy Corbyn was left-wing?
    Or Eurosceptic (although, that has come as a big surprise to thousands of Labour party members)?

Mr. Topping, both the Government and Opposition promised us a referendum, then the Government (under Brown) reneged upon it. That's not exactly a glittering example of democracy in action.

Morris as elected politicians everything and anything they do is, by definition, democratic.
  • I think Britsplaining more accurately describes arrogant Leavers who think shouting at the furriners will help them understand that we are all a lot cleverer than they are, and that they need us more than we need them.
  • Mr. Topping, *raises an eyebrow*

You, sir, are a silly sausage.
    Pulpstar said:

Not just lawyers; anyone in an advisory role. It's caused the insurance industry to have kittens about not being able to pay claims afterwards.

In addition, there are now a whole bunch more insurers with Irish brass plates, which means that a tranche of the supervisory work that would previously be done by the PRA now gets outsourced to consultants working with the Central Bank of Ireland.

So yes, I'm fairly happy with how things are going so far.
    Mr Topping,

"I'm sure he can answer for himself."

If I voted for Brexit, I'd be an illiterate racist so I'd be unable to do so. if I voted Remain as my wife did, I 'd still expect to see the result honoured (as my wife does), As I come from Boston originally, I'd be in favour of ganga being legalised. Or have I got a bit mixed-up here?

At least, I remember the result of the referendum that Parliament pledged to uphold. Do you?

Mr. Topping, both the Government and Opposition promised us a referendum, then the Government (under Brown) reneged upon it. That's not exactly a glittering example of democracy in action.

Ah bur Mr Dancer we had a minister for Europe to put in the hours and look after these things so you dont need to worry

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/5084584/Caroline-Flint-Europe-minister-hasnt-read-Lisbon-Treaty.html
This discussion has been closed.