Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New Opinium poll has LAB moving from level-pegging to 8% behin

SystemSystem Posts: 11,008
edited February 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New Opinium poll has LAB moving from level-pegging to 8% behind in just a week

The first of what could number of polls tonight is from Opinium for the Observer and sees the Tories take an 8% lead up from level-pegging a week ago. That’s quite a movement.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,936
    Splitters!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Hello 1983.
  • Options
    MrXMrX Posts: 12
    How many seats will TIG actually contest? Not enough to capture 6%, so where will those votes actually go?

I'd treat this poll with scepticism.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

:p
  • Options
    It won’t last if Brexit is BINO’ed or cancelled.

Much of that Tory vote is solidly pro Leave.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

Right. It's critical for May that the deal goes through and leaving occurs on schedule.
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    Is this why TIG have not formed a party? As long as polls like this they can make the argument of get rid of Corbyn and we will rejoin and then Labour have a chance of winning again. The withdrawal method applied to politics.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    edited February 2019
    No surprise to see the Cons more popular now that Sipsmith Soubry, the Lib Dem and the leftie doctor are out of the party.
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    TGOHF said:

No surprise to see the Cons more popular now that Sipsmith Soubry, the Lib Dem and the leftie doctor are out of the party.

I was thinking the same. Voters more positive as Tory extremists leave party.
  • Options

This is also the paradox, the Tory lead won't last with sustained No Deal.
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006
    Andrew said:

Baxter on that: Con354, Lab218, LD6. Tiggies 5!

And she still wouldn’t be able to get the WA through parliament...
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Venezuela is in its test of strength stage. There is a 50-50 chance that there will be a serious loss of life.

• Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

Is this why TIG have not formed a party? As long as polls like this they can make the argument of get rid of Corbyn and we will rejoin and then Labour have a chance of winning again. The withdrawal method applied to politics.

I think that is right. The Labour TIGgers are hoping to rejoin. That is why there is no TIG party.

The 3 Tory TIGgers have been suckered.
  • Options

Indeed.

All the rules go out the window this year, I think.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    edited February 2019
    That UKIP 7% is still highly suspect. Hard to think much of that is going towards Corbyn when they don't have a candidate.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,322
    I'd treat all polls with caution at present - after all, last week the Independents were supposedly on 14%. Obviously a bad week for Labour, but lasting effect hard to read.
  • Options

And much of it is solidly pro-Remain
  • Options

There is no deal scenario - because deals and arrangements are already agreed.

A minimal Brexit would be 1979 redux ? A new leader required ? A bold budget to mitigate involving large tax cuts and noisy spending of the £39 Bn ? Cons might reach 50%.

• Options

Indeed.

We could see something like

Con 25%

Lab 25%

TIG 25%

Brexit Party 20%

later on this year, and then UNS goes out the window.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    FPT:

Endillion said:

HYUFD said:

Thurungia, Saxony-Anhalt and Mecklenburg-Vormern are no wealthier than most of Wales and Yorkshire

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_regions_by_GDP

Seasoned PBers will understand why I refuse to get into a statistical argument with you.

(If anyone else is interested, I just ask you to look at the figures and make your own judgment).
    I've just downloaded the data from Wikipedaia and spent a happy half an hour wading through it. My observations:

[snipped for length]

- Overall, there are 58 regions in the EU poorer than West Wales (the poorer half), with 100m people living in them. This includes 8.4m in Andalucia (Spain), almost all of Portugal, Croatia and Romania, most of Poland, Slovakia and Bulgaria, and about a third of Czechia.

In conclusion, HYUFD is almost certainly right about Slovenia (subject to some caveats on the data etc), on balance wrong on Germany, and by no means is it true that Wales would be among the poorest countries in the EU.
    Interesting, isn’t it?

But, you have to do the analysis as if “Wales” was a country, that was my point.

Wales is poorer than Slovenia (probably, since the data only goes to 2016), and I think is poorer than all but 5 countries.

And, I think if you look again, you’ll see it is poorer than all East German Lander (but - to be sure - not necessarily subdivisions within the Lander).
    Yes, but I didn't have time. Hence why I based most things on West Wales, and even then the data indicate that Wales is not actually doing that badly, and Yorkshire is pretty much mid table (comparable with many places in Netherlands, France etc). Others are welcome to come to different conclusions, but I'd say that HYUFD is more right than wrong overall.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,645

nico67 said:

I won’t be voting Labour again till Corbyn goes and have spoken to quite a few friends , staunch Labour normally but feel the same way.

It’s a culmination of factors , the final straw being the fence sitting on a second vote .

I am genuinely amazed (albeit not surprised) that Labour think their position on Brexit in terms of dodging coming out a public vote is a politically good one. How to wildly annoy most of your core supporters, likely mid ground voters - and members - and very little to no benefit from leavers (based on their stated policy). Madness. At least it means the end of Corbyn. All trust gone now whatever happens it feels like.
    Corbyn has calculated that remainers have nowhere else to go. It appears that will be fully tested if he does not switch soon.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,827
    On Topic

New Centre Party means a Tory Government

No Shit Sherlock
  • Options
    Anything with Tig in it can be safely put to one side I'd expect, until they are an actual party, which I am doubtful they will become.
  • Options

On Topic

No Shit Sherlock

Jeremy Corbyn means a Tory government.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

TGOHF said:

Rees-Mogg, Bridgen etc remain though. So the extremists haven’t left have they?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,827
    Also on topic

TIG 6% = Zero MPs
  • Options

I think that is right. The Labour TIGgers are hoping to rejoin. That is why there is no TIG party.

Allen, at least, seems to be very disgusted with the Tories on many things, I doubt she would be concerned if Tig falls apart and she cannot go back. The other two I do not know, but frankly most of the splitters seem keen to stress they are still Labour/Tory at heart it is the others who have changed, so I don't think they are that committed necessarily to a new project, if it achieves its aim of influencing the others to prevent Brexit.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,845
    Endillion said:

FPT:

Endillion said:

HYUFD said:

Thurungia, Saxony-Anhalt and Mecklenburg-Vormern are no wealthier than most of Wales and Yorkshire

Seasoned PBers will understand why I refuse to get into a statistical argument with you.

(If anyone else is interested, I just ask you to look at the figures and make your own judgment).
    I've just downloaded the data from Wikipedaia and spent a happy half an hour wading through it. My observations:

[snipped for length]

- Overall, there are 58 regions in the EU poorer than West Wales (the poorer half), with 100m people living in them. This includes 8.4m in Andalucia (Spain), almost all of Portugal, Croatia and Romania, most of Poland, Slovakia and Bulgaria, and about a third of Czechia.

In conclusion, HYUFD is almost certainly right about Slovenia (subject to some caveats on the data etc), on balance wrong on Germany, and by no means is it true that Wales would be among the poorest countries in the EU.
    Interesting, isn’t it?

But, you have to do the analysis as if “Wales” was a country, that was my point.

Wales is poorer than Slovenia (probably, since the data only goes to 2016), and I think is poorer than all but 5 countries.

And, I think if you look again, you’ll see it is poorer than all East German Lander (but - to be sure - not necessarily subdivisions within the Lander).
    Yes, but I didn't have time. Hence why I based most things on West Wales, and even then the data indicate that Wales is not actually doing that badly, and Yorkshire is pretty much mid table (comparable with many places in Netherlands, France etc). Others are welcome to come to different conclusions, but I'd say that HYUFD is more right than wrong overall.
    Have a look with this, it’s a bit easier to play with the figures
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

On Topic

No Shit Sherlock

Corbyn and his merry band have screwed up royally. Got arrogant. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

Venezuela is in its test of strength stage. There is a 50-50 chance that there will be a serious loss of life.

Report just now 2 have been killed
  • Options
    Endillion said:

FPT:

Endillion said:

HYUFD said:

[snipped for length]

Interesting, isn’t it?

The most remarkable thing of all is that Slovenia exists as an independent country.

Who would have though that a country that had never before existed -- that had been part of the Byzantine Empire, the Carolingian Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the Habsburg Monarchy, the Republic of Venice, the Illyrian Provinces of Napoleon I, the Austrian Empire, Austria-Hungary, the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes and Yugoslavia would finally be able to establish itself as an independent state of 2 million odd people in 1991.

Astonishing -- I mean Scotland, Catalonia, Wales, Flanders or Bavaria have all more history as independent kingdoms or states than Slovenia.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Allen, at least, seems to be very disgusted with the Tories on many things, I doubt she would be concerned if Tig falls apart and she cannot go back. The other two I do not know, but frankly most of the splitters seem keen to stress they are still Labour/Tory at heart it is the others who have changed, so I don't think they are that committed necessarily to a new project, if it achieves its aim of influencing the others to prevent Brexit.
    The last remnants of Cameroons.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    matt said:

TGOHF said:

Rees-Mogg, Bridgen etc remain though. So the extremists haven’t left have they?
    The ones who don't want to honour the Referendum result have....
  • Options
    SeanTSeanT Posts: 549
    Jonathan said:

On Topic

No Shit Sherlock

You should be pleased. This is the best thing to happen to your party in years. Corbyn now looks mortal, as everyone - save the hardcore nutters - realises and accepts that he will NEVER be PM.

In the end, even his own MPs will not let him near power.

Go long on Thornberry. You heard it here first.
  • Options

Endillion said:

FPT:

Endillion said:

HYUFD said:

[snipped for length]

Interesting, isn’t it?

The most remarkable thing of all is that Slovenia exists as an independent country.

Who would have though that a country that had never before existed -- that had been part of the Byzantine Empire, the Carolingian Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the Habsburg Monarchy, the Republic of Venice, the Illyrian Provinces of Napoleon I, the Austrian Empire, Austria-Hungary, the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes and Yugoslavia would finally be able to establish itself as an independent state of 2 million odd people in 1991.

Astonishing -- I mean Scotland, Catalonia, Wales, Flanders or Bavaria have all more history as independent kingdoms or states than Slovenia.
    I did not know that was the case. What a remarkable story.
  • Options
    SeanTSeanT Posts: 549
    kle4 said:

I wonder how they will react if Corbyn is finally, grudgingly persuaded to back a 2nd vote.

I don't expect this to happen, he is too old and stubborn, but it is now possible.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,987
    notme2 said:

Andrew said:

I think it makes more sense to add the LibDem and TIG share as they would almost certainly be in a pact of some kind. Baxter then gives Con342, Lab228, LD/TIG18
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Jonathan said:

On Topic

No Shit Sherlock

You should be pleased. This is the best thing to happen to your party in years. Corbyn now looks mortal, as everyone - save the hardcore nutters - realises and accepts that he will NEVER be PM.
    Will that matter if the party itself is not able to shift away from him and his supporters? Few people would want the Tories to have no viable opposition I would think.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,943

Some of the Tory Leave vote would go to UKIP or Farage's new Brexit Party in that case.

At the moment based on tonight's Opinium the biggest movement is Labour and LD Remainers to TIG
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    TGOHF said:
    Yet she's spoken of as leadership material. That is a seriously deranged comment.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

kle4 said:

I wonder how they will react if Corbyn is finally, grudgingly persuaded to back a 2nd vote.

I don't expect this to happen, he is too old and stubborn, but it is now possible.
    He's surprised me by not doing so before, I truly cannot see the negatives for him to do so. Given the Labour Tiggers made sure to list the other reason they left they surely would not ask to come back, nor be accepted if they did, but if his backing a second vote actually leads to such, I would not be surprised if they essentially call it job done. They'd continue on, point out they forced the change on the big parties, and then quietly fade away as an election approaches. All they have is Brexit - once that is done what's the point of them? To change politics? That doesn't mean anything.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,936
    TGOHF said:
    If you're so inclined, you can get Thornberry as next PM after Tmay at 84/1 on BF exchange right now.

Still a long shot, but probs undervalued.
  • Options
    felix said:

TGOHF said:
    Yet she's spoken of as leadership material. That is a seriously deranged comment.
    Being charitable, she was speaking at a political rally to whip up the already fervent. If she truly believes it though, it is a very odd thing for someone to believe, and that applies if a Tory says the same thing. It simply makes no sense to make a lifelong commitment, as many members and MPs complain the parties shift dramatically to the point of unrecognizably, you cannot reasonably commit forevermore.
  • Options
    If anyone wants to see a town centre which is doing well then go to York.

It was like the Saturday before Christmas there today and its not a cheap place either.

Some people might be having a drop of austerity but there are many, many others who are wallowing in their own consumption.
  • Options

It was like the Saturday before Christmas there today and its not a cheap place either.

Some people might be having a drop of austerity but there are many, many others who are wallowing in their own consumption.

One day I'd like to be able to wallow in something.
  • Options

Indeed.

Con 25%

Lab 25%

TIG 25%

Brexit Party 20%

No chance of The Brexit Party being higher than 10%.
  • Options

On Topic

No Shit Sherlock

If people don’t vote Labour it’s Labour’s fault, no-one else’s.

• Options
    kle4 said:

She never said anything that sounded like she was a Conservative of any type. I'm not sure why she joined the party.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,129
    Glasto 17 does seem a long time ago but there is no way that Jeremy should be written off yet. People are doing what people always do, male and female, they are letting desire unduly impact their judgement.
  • Options
    felix said:

TGOHF said:

She’s saying it because she wants to be leader. She’ll need Cult votes to succeed.

• Options

Y0kel said:

Has Corbyn commented on the situation in Venezuela?
  • Options

On Topic

No Shit Sherlock

If people don’t vote Labour it’s Labour’s fault, no-one else’s.

That's my line.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

kle4 said:

It won't make any difference. They won't believe he means it, if it doesn't happen they'll blame him (as for the referendum in 2016) and if it does happen they won't give him the credit.
  • Options
    Big news is that Burnley are first on Match of the Day tonight
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    kle4 said:

nico67 said:

I won’t be voting Labour again till Corbyn goes and have spoken to quite a few friends , staunch Labour normally but feel the same way.

It’s a culmination of factors , the final straw being the fence sitting on a second vote .

I am genuinely amazed (albeit not surprised) that Labour think their position on Brexit in terms of dodging coming out a public vote is a politically good one. How to wildly annoy most of your core supporters, likely mid ground voters - and members - and very little to no benefit from leavers (based on their stated policy). Madness. At least it means the end of Corbyn. All trust gone now whatever happens it feels like.
    Corbyn has calculated that remainers have nowhere else to go. It appears that will be fully tested if he does not switch soon.
    Some of the drop might be due to apathy . We’d need to see the raw figures before turnout weighting . But Remainers who aren’t part of the Corbyn fan club are seriously hacked off . If the conference motion didn’t have the option of the second vote and Labour policy was simply to try to get a soft Brexit then fine but Corbyn drones on about the membership then completely ignores them . He thinks he can get away with this but is deluded .
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Y0kel said:

It’s all something to do with American sanctions and a time machine.
  • Options

Yup, was there for for the York marathon (spectator). A good, busy and smart city.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    notme2 said:

Yup, was there for for the York marathon (spectator). A good, busy and smart city.
    It's a bit smug for my liking. I prefer down to earth places like Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Newcastle, etc.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

One day I'd like to be able to wallow in something.
    If you do make sure its in something enjoyable. :smile:

The amount of spending going on in York today was intoxicating.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Are there any Opinium voting intention figures carried out in the usual way with TIG excluded? It seems odd that TIG has been included here - probably prompted in the question - yet there is no mention of the Brexit party.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,385
    TGOHF said:

What a charming fellow you are.

• Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    Barnesian said:

notme2 said:

Andrew said:

I think it makes more sense to add the LibDem and TIG share as they would almost certainly be in a pact of some kind. Baxter then gives Con342, Lab228, LD/TIG18
    The Lib Dems were on 18 sets, weren`t they? just before TIG started.
  • Options
    notme2 said:

Its a bit too touristy and expensive for my liking buts its always a good place to visit and has loads of great pubs.

What was noticeable to me was how many more restaurants there seemed to be and York has never been short of them.

For all the talk of austerity there are many, many people with lots and lots of spare money.
  • Options

Indeed.

Con 25%

Lab 25%

TIG 25%

Brexit Party 20%

Yep.
  • Options
    Deltapoll:
    Con 39
    Lab 31
    TIg 11
    Lib 5
    UKIP 4
  • Options
    NEW: Deltapoll for The Mail on Sunday:

CON: 39
    LAB: 31
    TIG: 11
    LIB: 5
    UKIP: 4

But without Corbyn as Labour leader…

LAB: 40
    CON: 37
    TIG: 7
    LIB: 6
    UKIP: 3

(1,027 21/22 FEB)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    kyf_100 said:

TGOHF said:
    If you're so inclined, you can get Thornberry as next PM after Tmay at 84/1 on BF exchange right now.

Still a long shot, but probs undervalued.
    On the grounds she’s gone the full Corbyn ?

‘Crush the traitors’ is not exactly prime ministerial, any more from her than from the original model.

• Options
    edited February 2019

notme2 said:

Its a bit too touristy and expensive for my liking buts its always a good place to visit and has loads of great pubs.

What was noticeable to me was how many more restaurants there seemed to be and York has never been short of them.

For all the talk of austerity there are many, many people with lots and lots of spare money.
    Austerity was largely a marketing tool with the exception of local authorities and police.
  • Options
    felix said:

NEW: Deltapoll for The Mail on Sunday:

CON: 39
    LAB: 31
    TIG: 11
    LIB: 5
    UKIP: 4

But without Corbyn as Labour leader…

LAB: 40
    CON: 37
    TIG: 7
    LIB: 6
    UKIP: 3

(1,027 21/22 FEB)

Pretty funny stuff. But the party have seen suggestions they'd do better without him before I'm sure.
  • Options
    notme2 said:

AndyJS said:

Y0kel said:

It’s all something to do with American sanctions and a time machine.
    It's nothing to do with the next British election, as the last election proved. If the Foreign Secretary can't find his own arse Slovenia with both hands and a map, why do Tories suppose the voter on the Clapham omnibus is intimately familiar with Venzuela?
  • Options

notme2 said:

The whole 'austerity' mantra trotted out by the left is a massively exaggerated in terms of the numbers of people affected.
  • Options
    notme2 said:
    Not that anyone gets a good score, but I'm surprised Berger does not rate better as leader of the Tiggers, she was among the more prominent of them, has a powerful personal story and is attractive. Sorry, telegenic.
  • Options
    Two 8 point leads... looking like a trend.
  • Options
    Fairly clear trend from the first 2 polls.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    I’m really glad someone’s done a poll with the specific Corbyn question . No surprise to see him dragging the Labour vote down .
  • Options
    kle4 said:

notme2 said:
    Not that anyone gets a good score, but I'm surprised Berger does not rate better as leader of the Tiggers, she was among the more prominent of them, has a powerful personal story and is attractive. Sorry, telegenic.
    Outside of politics she's relatively unknown.

David Cameron would have rated similarly in early 2005.
  • Options

David Cameron's favourite team :)
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,943
    Tory vote only down 2% if Corbyn is replaced as Labour leader but TIG down 4% if Corbyn is replaced.

For the moment TIG is offering a home for centre left Remainers disaffected with Corbyn
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

notme2 said:

It's a bit smug for my liking. I prefer down to earth places like Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Newcastle, etc.
    Leeds is a solid place.

The best bit of Sheffield is the nice countryside which starts about three miles into the western suburbs.
  • Options
    Without Corbyn is for the birds without naming the replacement.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,495

Endillion said:

FPT:

Endillion said:

HYUFD said:

[snipped for length]

Interesting, isn’t it?

And if you were a Slovenian you may understandably think that the EU is a marked improvement on most of what has gone before, and stick to it like glue.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    felix said:

notme2 said:

The whole 'austerity' mantra trotted out by the left is a massively exaggerated in terms of the numbers of people affected.
    Indeed. The failure of labour is to revel in poverty p*rn, and they miss it when things are getting better. It was canny for labour to rename the bedroom tax welfare change but it did them no electoral good. They need to inspire people’s aspirations not just roll out nonsense about the dwp murdering 120,000 people.
  • Options
    They are referring to charged defendants.
    Plenty of unindicted, including Trump, who don’t enter into the calculation as yet.

• Options
    Surely the party showing the worst decline in this latest poll are the LibDems, down from 8% support to just 5%, a 37.5% decline?. Poor old Uncle Vince certainly isn't cutting it. I thought he was supposed to be retiring or am I imaging things?
  • Options

Err Aston Villa
  • Options
    No wonder little Owen's arse was making buttons through the week, this polling looks like it might set a few hares running.

Front page Observer lead tomorrow references 'senior parliamentarian' ready to walk.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Without Corbyn is for the birds without naming the replacement.

And unless he quits the loyalists love him - Thornberry happy to give her life!!! Almost.
  • Options
    You almost have to admire an authoritarian leader who intends to stand for 'election' when they have rarely been seen in public in six years after having a stroke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-47339414

Whatever one might think of Mugabe, he was certainly always out and about even in his 90s.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,046
    edited February 2019

No wonder little Owen's arse was making buttons through the week, this polling looks like it might set a few hares running.

Front page Observer lead tomorrow references 'senior parliamentarian' ready to walk.

That suggests it could be someone from the HoL.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,495

kle4 said:

notme2 said:
    Outside of politics she's relatively unknown.

David Cameron would have rated similarly in early 2005.
    Heidi Allen is the one with star quality.

• Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    It seems a bit pointless including TIG at this stage when no party even exists and it is far from clear what its programme might be. The hypothetical % voteshare given, however, is much lower than was being picked up by the SDP back in Spring 1981.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,027
    SeanT said:

kle4 said:

This rant about the “scabs” also shows how some of the cult really want to believe Corbyn is playing the long game.

https://twitter.com/talkradio/status/1098547014869106689?s=21
  • Options

Surely the party showing the worst decline in this latest poll are the LibDems, down from 8% support to just 5%, a 37.5% decline?. Poor old Uncle Vince certainly isn't cutting it. I thought he was supposed to be retiring or am I imaging things?

They really need to kick him out, disband and join the Tiggers pronto or both are probaly doomed. Even then the odds are against.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,226
    HYUFD said:

Tory vote only down 2% if Corbyn is replaced as Labour leader but TIG down 4% if Corbyn is replaced.

For the moment TIG is offering a home for centre left Remainers disaffected with Corbyn
    Suggests that the Tory lead rests entirely on Corbyn, which is credible.
  • Options

Err Aston Villa
    Cameron got his favourite football team mixed up between two which play in claret and blue as also do Burnley.
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

And if you were a Slovenian you may understandably think that the EU is a marked improvement on most of what has gone before, and stick to it like glue.

Possibly.

But, another reading is that Scotland or Catalonia have so far failed where Slovenia succeeded because it was better to be part of the Austrian-Hungarian empire or Yugoslavia rather than part of the British Empire or Spain.
This discussion has been closed.