Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Whilst the Tories plough on totally divided over Brexit LAB ha

Comments

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,954
    edited March 2019
    blueblue said:

blueblue said:

Sean_F said:

Yes, I hate Corbyn. But I hate the Tories more.

Why?
    I guess everyone has their own reasons. Here's my own personal list:
    Windrush scandal
    Go Home vans
    Cuts to school spending
    Destroying local services by cutting council funding by half
    The treatment of the miners
    The poll tax
    Testing the poll tax out in Scotland
    Section 28
    Young Conservatives with hang Mandela badges
    Margaret Thatcher
    Margaret Thatcher's voice
    Tory attitude towards Ireland
    Fox hunting
    Welfare reforms that have led directly to deaths
    Food banks
    Cutting taxes for people like me who already have plenty of money
    Boris Johnson and his garden bridge
    Privatised trains
    George Osborne's face

I'm sure I've missed loads and others will have their own greatest hits to add to the list.
    Half of those are positive reasons to vote Conservative.
    Perhaps, but which half? Like spending money on advertising. Half is wasted, but which half?
    Where are the negative reasons? :)
    Apart from Section 28 and Mandela, to be fair!
    Good you're on board with deaths caused directly by welfare reforms, that'll give Esther McVey a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

Scott_P said:
    As far as I can tell, Fiona Onasanya can still vote in the House. Her vote may indeed may prove decisive in coming weeks.
    Is that right? She has served part of her sentence in prison - but can she vote in Westminster whilst still serving a sentence, albeit out on licence?
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115

Fenster said:

TGOHF said:

"The treatment of the miners"

Christ - time team stuff.

What about the behaviour of the miners towards the electricity users of the Uk and the police ?

Who was it who went into the strike with a big union and a small house and came out of it with a small union and a big house?

I'm from a mining family in a mining village and if Scargill and Thatcher turned up Scargill would get shot first.
    But Thatcher would still get shot, right?
    I suspect so. But the funny thing with Thatcher is that there's a (very) secret underlying support for her, even in the valleys. My mother-in-law, who was brought up in a crumbling farmhouse without running water, will quietly whisper in your ear that 'Thatcher was the best thing to happen to her'... mainly because she enabled her to buy her council house and borrow the money to get a lorry for her and my father-in-law's nascent scaffolding business. For every embittered lefty there'll be someone who is quietly happy that they were given a route out of generations of mining.

My grandfather was a surveyor for the NCB for 45 years. He hated both Thatcher and Scargill equally. No doubt it could've been handled better... but how could anyone have handled Scargill?!?!
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

Pulpstar said:

Quite frankly, that's not a lot, even though costs are to be added. As the defendant didn't file a defence I wander whether he's a man of straw or rich enough to be 'not bothered'.
    Always best to be careful what you say online. If you're going to insult someone, make sure you don't defame their character is my golden rule.
    I wonder if the bestselling author who called me a paedophile on here had that post removed in his great vanilla purge of everything gamey? Got a couple of big bills coming up.
    One drawback of anonymity is that you would struggle to show that you have been libelled, unless you can show that the impact on your online pseudonym was sufficiently severe. It would be an interesting question whether semi-anonymous people like "Rachael Swindon" could be libelled.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,215
    P'Boro MP loses her bid to appeal - recall mechanism is now in play
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,916
    matt said:

Scott_P said:
    As far as I can tell, Fiona Onasanya can still vote in the House. Her vote may indeed may prove decisive in coming weeks.
    If the government decided to introduce new laws relating to solicitors’ conduct, she could vote on those, which is pretty close to remarkable. In essence she could create laws for people that her conduct means that she’s unfit to being part of.

Even by the standards of laying, fraudulent, criminal MPs, that’s pretty remarkable..
    She'd have to declare an interest though, wouldn't she? And how long does it take for Solicitors Regulatory Authority to stir itself into action? The General Pharmaceutical Council, with which I'm more familiar, seems to take about 6 months from a 'compliant' being made.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    Scott_P said:
    Sir Brian Leveson was the judge....I seemed to remember him from something or other.
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    Good to see UK car sales on the up. No idea who is buying new cars though.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

Mr. P, the use of language in that cartoon is the clunkiest I've seen since The Last Jedi.

That whooshing sound is the joke going over your head. It is based on Who Wants to be a Millionaire last night when a teacher settled for £500,000 because he could not answer the million pound question, Which of these Prime Ministers never served as Foreign Secretary?
    Winston Churchill, Anthony Eden, Harold Macmillan or Sir Alec Douglas-Home
    Compare that with the question in the cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFa0xE6Jll0
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,880
    Off-topic:

"Mystery as Quadriga crypto-cash goes missing"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47454528
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,578

blueblue said:

blueblue said:

Sean_F said:

Why?
    Windrush scandal
    Go Home vans
    Cuts to school spending
    The poll tax
    Section 28
    Margaret Thatcher
    Fox hunting
    Food banks
    Privatised trains
    George Osborne's face

I'm sure I've missed loads and others will have their own greatest hits to add to the list.
    Perhaps, but which half? Like spending money on advertising. Half is wasted, but which half?
    Good you're on board with deaths caused directly by welfare reforms, that'll give Esther McVey a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
    I thought that was Philip Davies' job?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Quite frankly, that's not a lot, even though costs are to be added. As the defendant didn't file a defence I wander whether he's a man of straw or rich enough to be 'not bothered'.
    Always best to be careful what you say online. If you're going to insult someone, make sure you don't defame their character is my golden rule.
    I wonder if the bestselling author who called me a paedophile on here had that post removed in his great vanilla purge of everything gamey? Got a couple of big bills coming up.
    One drawback of anonymity is that you would struggle to show that you have been libelled, unless you can show that the impact on your online pseudonym was sufficiently severe. It would be an interesting question whether semi-anonymous people like "Rachael Swindon" could be libelled.
    Yeah, my tongue was very firmly lodged in cheek.
    I suspect even if my real name was my tag, it would be difficult to prove reputational damage of an obscure person by a slightly well known person on an obscure forum. If only I'd learned to dive and emigrated to Thailand..
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    Brom said:

Good to see UK car sales on the up. No idea who is buying new cars though.

People wanting to avoid the 10% duty on cars from EU27.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Note that Laura Murray's email was sent from outside the Labour party email system.
  • Options

blueblue said:

blueblue said:

Sean_F said:

Why?
    Windrush scandal
    Go Home vans
    Cuts to school spending
    The poll tax
    Section 28
    Margaret Thatcher
    Fox hunting
    Food banks
    Privatised trains
    George Osborne's face

I thought that was Philip Davies' job?
    Rarely have two people deserved each other more.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704

Note that Laura Murray's email was sent from outside the Labour party email system.
    Unite is labour, labour is unite...

All utterly dodgy on many levels of course...
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Off-topic:

"The unregulated nature of cryptocurrency exchanges, plus the fact that so many use them to hold their coins rather than just exchange them, invites fraud," said security expert Dr Alan Woodward from the University of Surrey"

Dr Woodward is head of No Shit Sherlock Studies.
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,767
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45572691

stodge said:

Morning all :)

Extraordinary to see the Prime Minister's comments about the reduction in Police numbers not being related to rising knife crime not being more widely discussed. I suspect if you asked most people how they would combat crime the answer might be more Police on the streets (and more stop and search powers arguably).

I thought Stop and Search is racist!
    This is a big question interviewers should ask Labour MPs (rightly) complaining about the knife crime figures. If you want more police, how will they stop the crimes without targeted stop-and-search ?
    They will witter on about community outreach.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,977
    Scott_P said:
    It's fine. We're all going to be employed to pick turnips in East Anglia replacing tracksuited Latvians of haphazard dentition. Or, if Corbo sweeps to power, there will be jobs aplenty rounding up jews in his Einsatzkommandos.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    sarissa said:

stodge said:

Extraordinary to see the Prime Minister's comments about the reduction in Police numbers not being related to rising knife crime not being more widely discussed. I suspect if you asked most people how they would combat crime the answer might be more Police on the streets (and more stop and search powers arguably).

This is a big question interviewers should ask Labour MPs (rightly) complaining about the knife crime figures. If you want more police, how will they stop the crimes without targeted stop-and-search ?
    Frankly , it should be a matter of 'whatever works'...
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

BUT HER EMAILS !!!
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811

Why?
    Windrush scandal
    Go Home vans
    Cuts to school spending
    The poll tax
    Section 28
    Margaret Thatcher
    Fox hunting
    Food banks
    Privatised trains
    George Osborne's face

Decent list.
    I'd add the creepy claims to progressiveness in an effort to convince the gullible that they're not the same old Tories. Of course the last two and a half years have been a great cleansing corrective to that auld bollocks.
    Possibly similar to creepy claims from Nationalists that they are inclusive, with their efforts to convince the gullible that they are not really the nasty, hate filled bigots that we all know they are!
    Empty vessel crawls out from under its rock
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,776
    Scott_P said:
    A no deal Brexit will simply mean they do it quickly. With a deal-Brexit they will have longer to achieve the transition.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,880
    sarissa said:

stodge said:

On the face of it, those all seem very sensible approaches.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,200
    malcolmg said:

Why?
    Windrush scandal
    Go Home vans
    Cuts to school spending
    The poll tax
    Section 28
    Margaret Thatcher
    Fox hunting
    Food banks
    Privatised trains
    George Osborne's face

Decent list.
    I'd add the creepy claims to progressiveness in an effort to convince the gullible that they're not the same old Tories. Of course the last two and a half years have been a great cleansing corrective to that auld bollocks.
    Possibly similar to creepy claims from Nationalists that they are inclusive, with their efforts to convince the gullible that they are not really the nasty, hate filled bigots that we all know they are!
    Greetings! How was your rock, Malc? :lol:
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

TGOHF said:

One key way to reduce knife crime is for middle class types to stop snorting cocaine.

Or we could legalise and regulate.
    You’re never going to stop people taking cocaine recreationally.

Take the industry out of criminal hands.
    Yep. Conservatives like to talk about how there's no magic money tree, but they forget the money bonfires.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,977
    Scott_P said:
    I like how it's now such a common subject of discussion that it's had to be reduced to an initialism like PR, AV or BBBJNQNS.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    A no deal Brexit will simply mean they do it quickly. With a deal-Brexit they will have longer to achieve the transition.
    Love it, Sky News and The Guardian with something MAY happen IF something unlikely happens. Project Fear doesn't even deal in facts, it just hopes for the worst.
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    Why doesn't Corbyn just make a speech admitting he doesn't like Jews.

He won't lose any more support. The hardcore who fall at his feet will love him even more for it.
  • Options

Mr. P, the use of language in that cartoon is the clunkiest I've seen since The Last Jedi.

That whooshing sound is the joke going over your head. It is based on Who Wants to be a Millionaire last night when a teacher settled for £500,000 because he could not answer the million pound question, Which of these Prime Ministers never served as Foreign Secretary?
    Winston Churchill, Anthony Eden, Harold Macmillan or Sir Alec Douglas-Home
    Compare that with the question in the cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFa0xE6Jll0
    I knew it but even with my 90% certainty I wouldn't have been willing to risk losing that amount of money. It's one of those things you have read in life and know with certainty otherwise you take the money despite having a strong inkling.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    Dura_Ace said:

Scott_P said:
    I like how it's now such a common subject of discussion that it's had to be reduced to an initialism like PR, AV or BBBJNQNS.
    It’s not the best term. 6 syllables, and I bet a reasonable minority don’t know what it means.

Jew-hatred is much less ambiguous.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,618

Why?
    Windrush scandal
    Go Home vans
    Cuts to school spending
    The poll tax
    Section 28
    Margaret Thatcher
    Fox hunting
    Food banks
    Privatised trains
    George Osborne's face

Yep, a lot of irrational prejudice and confirmation bias.
    Better known as "politics"
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,899
    edited March 2019
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47452571

More stores for Mike Ashley in a years time ?

I've found this gem in the latest accounts of Caversham Finance (Trades as Brighthouse)...

"Considering all the above, the directors believe that the continuation of the funding facility and the conclusion of the High Cost Credit review representes material uncertainties that may cast significant doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern."
  • Options
    Brom said:

Scott_P said:
    Love it, Sky News and The Guardian with something MAY happen IF something unlikely happens. Project Fear doesn't even deal in facts, it just hopes for the worst.
    Yawn!! It is Project Realism now. The Fear piece is left to you guys; the Fear of the Foreigner, a sick exploitation which has been amply used by Farage, and continues to be used by thickos like Mark Francois. It is a very old and sinister tactic and it will do no one any good longer term, except exploitative politicians and journalists who will continue to stir up the gullible.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

Scott_P said:
    Sir Brian Leveson was the judge....I seemed to remember him from something or other.
    Now, good people of Peterborough, it is time for you to act to remove this stain from our public life.
  • Options

Off-topic:

Fools and their money are easy parted. If anyone wishes to send me their life savings I promise to look after them very well.
  • Options

Do you still hate the Germans for the Blitz??
    I'd be careful about pursuing that course. @Paul_Bedfordshire , formerly of this parish, actively wanted to shell Dieppe
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,789
    HYUFD said:
    She's one of the MP's who is blocking Brexit.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    I would very much encourage her to march to leave. I am sure Russia, or maybe the United States might take her perhaps?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

On mining, Labour closed plenty of pits !

IIRC more were closed during the Wilson/Callaghan years than in the period from 1979 to the Miners' Strike
    Yes, but reducing X from 1000 to 400 doesn't feel as bad as reducing X from 400 to zero.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,789

Brom said:

Scott_P said:
    Yawn!! It is Project Realism now. The Fear piece is left to you guys; the Fear of the Foreigner, a sick exploitation which has been amply used by Farage, and continues to be used by thickos like Mark Francois. It is a very old and sinister tactic and it will do no one any good longer term, except exploitative politicians and journalists who will continue to stir up the gullible.
    I think a fair observer would conclude that while the Leave side promised lots of things that have not materialised, the Remain side threatened a lot of things that have not materialised.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Why?
    Windrush scandal
    Go Home vans
    Cuts to school spending
    The poll tax
    Section 28
    Margaret Thatcher
    Fox hunting
    Food banks
    Privatised trains
    George Osborne's face

Decent list.
    Greetings! How was your rock, Malc? :lol:
    Has your mum confiscated your toys :wink:
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    malcolmg said:

Off-topic:

Fools and their money are easy parted. If anyone wishes to send me their life savings I promise to look after them very well.
    Only if you use it to buy a tank.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

malcolmg said:

Off-topic:

Hopefully enough for a few.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Brom said:

Scott_P said:
    It's not though is it and you know it. Even when the arch Europhiles were jerking off about Nissan cutting jobs they soon had to backtrack when Nissan publicly said Brexit was not involved. Almost all Project Fear and Sky News/Guardian's scare stories revolve around 'might' or 'could' rather than being based upon actual events. It's all a bit desperate, and I say that as someone who completely understands many prominent leave supporters also have failed to deliver on their promises.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    viewcode said:

I'd be careful about pursuing that course. @Paul_Bedfordshire , formerly of this parish, actively wanted to shell Dieppe
    Dieppe is a bit grotty - well it was when I was there in the early 80s...!
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Anorak said:

malcolmg said:

Off-topic:

Hopefully enough for a few.
    Yes, I find fish very relaxing too. You could put terrapins in one of them.
  • Options
    Another "surely that can't still be the case in 2019" one for Chope the Dope to squash.
    https://twitter.com/HouseofCommons/status/1102917686986711042
  • Options

viewcode said:

It didn't look great when I passed through last year, though like millions of others I just drove through it off the ferry.
  • Options
    Imagine British Airways ending all in-flight announcements with "God Save The Queen" :lol:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-47451761
  • Options
    andypetukandypetuk Posts: 69
    Anorak said:

Another "surely that can't still be the case in 2019" one for Chope the Dope to squash.
    https://twitter.com/HouseofCommons/status/1102917686986711042

Chope is one of those bringing in the bill, so I don't think he'll be objecting to this one.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

viewcode said:

It didn't look great when I passed through last year, though like millions of others I just drove through it off the ferry.
    The areas around commercial ports and railway stations are almost always utter dives. Arriving anywhere by train means that when you actually get to the town centre, you're always surprised at how nice it is, after the miserable view afforded from the tracks.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    So given the choice between certain death now or possible death later, you'd choose the former.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Anorak said:

malcolmg said:

Off-topic:

[ Response deleted as excessively nerdy]
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    andypetuk said:

Anorak said:

Chope is one of those bringing in the bill, so I don't think he'll be objecting to this one.
    And yet it meets all the criteria of those bills he often objects to? How very, very odd...
  • Options
    Chope and Davies are like Batman and Robin.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Pulpstar said:

They wear spandex and there are homoerotic overtones whenever they appear together?
  • Options
    Anorak said:

andypetuk said:

Anorak said:

And yet it meets all the criteria of those bills he often objects to? How very, very odd...
    It's amazing. It's almost as if his stated and frequently-changing reasons for his actions are in actuality mere fictions.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Pulpstar said:

They wear spandex and there are homoerotic overtones whenever they appear together?
    Well at least one of them's a Dick.

Also [oops Titans spolier]
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

Mr. Royale, yeah, but police numbers do comfort the public, and attacking cuts is convenient for the Opposition and police (we'd be doing so much better if only the politicians would give us more money etc).

I guess the solution is to do what the US do with funding speculative science and technology research: In their case military expenditure is politically bombproof, so they fund stuff as part of the military.

In Britain everyone wants more police, but actually stopping crime needs social workers and probation officers, so give the social workers and probation officers little helmets and make them part of the police.
    And give them armoured cars ...
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Good stuff from the staggers.
    https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2019/01/why-uk-cannot-see-brexit-utterly-utterly-stupid
    "what was once described as Project Fear transforms in time into “the people knew they were voting for that”. Claims there will be no short-term hit to living standards made before the referendum have now become “people knew there would be a short-term cost”
    There is only one way to make sense of the “people’s vote = undemocratic” equation, or the “will of the people”, and that is that the first referendum effectively disenfranchised Remain voters.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Oh before I forget @shadsy asked last night for betting odds from 1992. I came up with something but it was a hell of a trudge. Is there an online database or downloadable file of historical political betting odds ? I know about betdata archive but I want something that goes back to the 60s. Happy to pay money for the file.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,141
    MTimT said:

Mr. Royale, yeah, but police numbers do comfort the public, and attacking cuts is convenient for the Opposition and police (we'd be doing so much better if only the politicians would give us more money etc).

I guess the solution is to do what the US do with funding speculative science and technology research: In their case military expenditure is politically bombproof, so they fund stuff as part of the military.

In Britain everyone wants more police, but actually stopping crime needs social workers and probation officers, so give the social workers and probation officers little helmets and make them part of the police.
    In Britain the voters want them "on the beat" so they're mostly going to be walking to whoever they're visiting.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    viewcode said:

Anorak said:

malcolmg said:

Off-topic:

[ Response deleted as excessively nerdy]
    My nerdy sense caught you.

One of my (many) guilty pleasures is Combat Dealers, I believe they're aiming to restore or reconstruct a Jagdpanther, of which I wholly approve.
  • Options

MTimT said:

In Britain the voters want them "on the beat" so they're mostly going to be walking to whoever they're visiting.
    Urban policing should be in the fashion of Dixon of Dock Green, and rural like Heartbeat.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,215
    Varsi scathing about Tory anti-Islamic problems on WATO, saying they only ever take action when there is risk of publicity.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    IanB2 said:

Varsi scathing about Tory anti-Islamic problems on WATO, saying they only ever take action when there is risk of publicity.

Maybe she is going to go TIG? (Although she has been pretty consistent on this issue for some time)
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    Sean_F said:

Brom said:

Scott_P said:
    I think a fair observer would conclude that while the Leave side promised lots of things that have not materialised, the Remain side threatened a lot of things that have not materialised.
    So if both sides cocked up perhaps we should have a rerun?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Cue Brexit 'realist' tough guys saying what's the big deal.

https://twitter.com/PeterStefanovi2/status/1102825644323454976
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,209
    Brom said:

Brom said:

Scott_P said:
    It's not though is it and you know it. Even when the arch Europhiles were jerking off about Nissan cutting jobs they soon had to backtrack when Nissan publicly said Brexit was not involved. Almost all Project Fear and Sky News/Guardian's scare stories revolve around 'might' or 'could' rather than being based upon actual events. It's all a bit desperate, and I say that as someone who completely understands many prominent leave supporters also have failed to deliver on their promises.
    WE'VE GOT HIM. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We've found the person who takes the statement of company management ​o​ver an extremely sensitive political issue in their host country...AT FACE VALUE.​
  • Options
    But still the Leavers will bury their heads in the sand over Brexit. Once these manufacturers have gone they will not come back!
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,838
    So which unlucky candidate is going to be cursed by her support?
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Sean_F said:

Brom said:

Scott_P said:
    So if both sides cocked up perhaps we should have a rerun?
    So everyone can double down on their cock-ups?

In the meantime, as we wait many more months, more jobs bleed away through "uncertainty". Great plan....
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

So which unlucky candidate is going to be cursed by her support?
    Bernie should avoid that particular "endorsement". My guess is that it might be Warren.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    TOPPING said:

Brom said:

Brom said:

Scott_P said:

We've found the person who takes the statement of company management ​o​ver an extremely sensitive political issue in their host country...AT FACE VALUE.​
    Well, yes, but this does work both ways. Firms going bust because of bad management or other economic conditions and blaming Brexit also can't be taken at face value.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    Scott_P said:
    Days, Hours , Minutes since the last Labour anti-semitism scandal.
  • Options
    I wonder if one day we MIGHT see a Brexit Bad story where MIGHT doesn't do an almighty large amount of heavy lifting?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,209
    Endillion said:

TOPPING said:

Brom said:

Brom said:

Scott_P said:

Well, yes, but this does work both ways. Firms going bust because of bad management or other economic conditions and blaming Brexit also can't be taken at face value.
    Agree absolutely.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I wonder if one day we MIGHT see a Brexit Bad story where MIGHT doesn't do an almighty large amount of heavy lifting?
    Honda closing? They were not going to say it is because the UK has chosen this path because they still want to sell cars in the future to UK customers.

The reason why "might" is still used is because we have not left the EU yet. Once all these jobs and industries have closed for good in a hard Brexit it will be a bit late to start thinking they were not joking.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    I thought there were ongoing police investigations into this? How is that not sub-judice, Channel 4?

Expect his lawyers to go for an injucntion in 5, 4, 3.....
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Varsi hates atheists.
This discussion has been closed.