Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Next step for Peterborough MP Fiona Onasanya – facing a recall

1235»

Comments

• PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,841

Real -1 Ajax 4 (yes 4)

Not sure which is the biggest shock from this round? Real going out or Spurs utterly cruising through.
    Real shipping 4 at home
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    Pulpstar said:

I expect Onasunya will be an MP longer than Solaris keeps the Real Madrid job

I'm disappointed the fans haven't got the hankies out tonight.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited March 2019
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

Indeed so - but people voted in the Referendum on both sides because they were exhorted to do so over an extended campaign period of several months. Many voted without having strong feelings on the issue one way or the other - myself included - and a considerable number were clearly very uncertain about an issue which to them was highly technical. Most people were somewhere in the middle - and in the end came down on one side or the other . I suspect that relatively few really felt they understood the issues at stake, and whilst a minority will doubtless be up in arms the majority will be very keen to move on.

A minority could be enough for Brexit Party/UKIP to win under FPTP, even 25% from angry Leavers could give them the balance of power in a hung parliament if Brexit were revoked
    Yeah and pigs could fly.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    They'd be beyond stupid to not give Falconer whatever assurances he needs to accept the role at this point.
    And then not do any of them.

No idea why Falconer wants this can of poison.
  • kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    They'd be beyond stupid to not give Falconer whatever assurances he needs to accept the role at this point.

IFF and I mean IFF he's given the powers he requests, he could expel some of the nastier elements of Corbynism, maybe even Corbyn himself.
  • justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I was going to desist banging the homosexual drum this evening, BUT... The Graun actually did publish a piece today defending that LGBT education scheme in Birmingham, so kudos to them.

On topic: if Peterborough does go to by-election, it looks to me very much like it's the Tories' seat to lose.

Farage doesn't exactly have a stellar record in by-elections though...

(The Brexit Party itself is also deeply obscure)
    Based on my (very limited) knowledge of the global tariff regime, this sounds rather New Zealand-ish. Not quite unilateral free trade, but not a million miles from it. Mildly encouraging if true.
    Farage got 32% in Thanet South in 2015 and UKIP only lost the Heywood and Middleton by election by 600 votes.

If Brexit looks like being revoked the Brexit Party will soon become a focal point of Leaver revolt
    The Brexit Party will have to see off UKIP - which for all its newly acquired extremists has the advantage of brand recognition.
    Farage will cares
    I suspect yure.
    t
    blockquote>

Indeed so - but people voted in the Referendum on both sides because they were exhorted to do so over an extended campaign period of several months. Many voted without having strong feelings on the issue one way or the other - myself included - and a considerable number were clearly very uncertain about an issue which to them was highly technical. Most people were somewhere in the middle - and in the end came down on one side or the other . I suspect that relatively few really felt they understood the issues at stake, and whilst a minority will doubtless be up in arms the majority will be very keen to move on.
    A minority could be enough for Brexit Party/UKIP to win under FPTP, even 25% from angry Leavers could give them the balance of power in a hung parliament if Brexit were revoked
    Personally I shall be surprised if they manage to win a single seat - indeed I think it unlikely that the UKIP vote share of 2015 will be matched.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    kle4 said:

Too late for what? His and Watson's efforts, although not in tandem, will prevent further defections of MPs at least. Yes, there are other effects, not least Jewish Labour, but I think we know what the focus is for now
    Too late, because his party has become stuffed full of conspiracy theorists, SWPers and Jew-haters. It will take Kinnock level action to root this out and Jezza 'aint interested.
  • geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,092

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

IFF and I mean IFF he's given the powers he requests, he could expel some of the nastier elements of Corbynism, maybe even Corbyn himself.
    To make way for his old flatmate perhaps?
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Good for Ajax. The Champions League needs to be about more than just English clubs, Spanish clubs and Bayern/Juventus/PSG.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

If they do not, then perhaps that will be the last straw...

Nah. Bar a few stragglers, clearly those that are in now are in it to the end. I presume Falconer is a true believer and is determined to fight it out at least.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,958
    Spurs progressing further than Real Madrid.

I think the Book of Revelation suggests that is the sign of the End of Days.....
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,569
    ydoethur said:

Real -1 Ajax 4 (yes 4)

Not sure which is the biggest shock from this round? Real going out or Spurs utterly cruising through.
    Real scoreline is astonishing
    Anyone looking with think it's a fake...
    One might almost say unReal...

• NEW THREAD

• HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I was going to desist banging the homosexual drum this evening, BUT... The Graun actually did publish a piece today defending that LGBT education scheme in Birmingham, so kudos to them.

On topic: if Peterborough does go to by-election, it looks to me very much like it's the Tories' seat to lose.

Farage doesn't exactly have a stellar record in by-elections though...

(The Brexit Party itself is also deeply obscure)
    Based on my (very limited) knowledge of the global tariff regime, this sounds rather New Zealand-ish. Not quite unilateral free trade, but not a million miles from it. Mildly encouraging if true.
    Farage got 32% in Thanet South in 2015 and UKIP only lost the Heywood and Middleton by election by 600 votes.

If Brexit looks like being revoked the Brexit Party will soon become a focal point of Leaver revolt
    The Brexit Party will have to see off UKIP - which for all its newly acquired extremists has the advantage of brand recognition.
    Farage will cares
    I suspect yure.
    t
    blockquote>

Personally I shall be surprised if they manage to win a single seat - indeed I think it unlikely that the UKIP vote share of 2015 will be matched.
    If Brexit were revoked UKIP/the Brexit Party would easily get 20-25% plus and win several seats such would be the fury of Leave voters
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Wasn't someone claiming yesterday that the London property market was a disaster ?

' London’s skyline continues to head upwards, with a record 76 tall buildings due to be completed this year, a three-fold increase from 2018.

The number of tall towers – more than 20 storeys high – planned or under construction has also hit a new record of 541, up from 510 in 2017, according to the latest research from the industry forum New London Architecture (NLA). '

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/05/tall-buildings-london-skyline-2019

They take time to complete

Charles said:

Charles said:

viewcode said:

_Anazina_ said:

viewcode said:

Further proof of Project Fear becoming Project Reality.

Big hugs for all those who had already pinned this on the Muslims.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1102993361345171456

Are you saying there are no muslims in Ireland ?
    Last time I was in Belfast I think I doubled the number of Muslims in Ireland.

The natives kept on staring at me.

I don't think they were paying attention to my Louis Vuitton loafers.
    The Royal Statistical Society conference is in Belfast in September. I was thinking of staying at the Europa Hotel. My life is weird... :)
    I can imagine the marketing emails.

“On the balance of probabilities, our conference will take place on 18-19 September”
    There's a pub quiz and a dinner. Not on the same night, obvs.

The networking is amazing. At the height of the Afghan occupation I was speaking to a Colonel who'd just come back and the Civil Servant who was trying to do a census in a country where women are not allowed to contact people. There have been lectures on domestic violence and how to develop a checklist for A&E staff to detect domestic abuse. Battlefield statistics, surgical statistics, epidemiologists in Ebola hot zones, lepers in India. I've met [redacted because of namedropping] Great fun... :)
    My favourite networking story is from a dinner at Pratt’s. My father was sitting between a senior British soldier and an Irish peer with republican leanings (this was shortkyvafter the GFA).

Over the course of dinner they figured out that they had each - literally - had the other in their sights during the Troubles but couldn’t take the shot for some reason
    Your father had a Provo AND a Rupert in his sights? Some man yer da!
    Only over dinner - it was the other two who’d been eyeing each other up. (You’ll be pleased to know they compromised on whisky)
    Shame, I was picturing your dad as some kind of soldier of fortune gone rogue taking feckers out all over the shop.
    Nah he only made it to the dizzy heights of Lance Bombardier (although technically as Deputy Lieutenant of Hampshire he has the honorary rank of Colonel)
    ydoethur said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

viewcode said:

_Anazina_ said:

viewcode said:

Further proof of Project Fear becoming Project Reality.

Big hugs for all those who had already pinned this on the Muslims.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1102993361345171456

Are you saying there are no muslims in Ireland ?
    Last time I was in Belfast I think I doubled the number of Muslims in Ireland.

The natives kept on staring at me.

I don't think they were paying attention to my Louis Vuitton loafers.
    The Royal Statistical Society conference is in Belfast in September. I was thinking of staying at the Europa Hotel. My life is weird... :)
    I can imagine the marketing emails.

“On the balance of probabilities, our conference will take place on 18-19 September”
    There's a pub quiz and a dinner. Not on the same night, obvs.

The networking is amazing. At the height of the Afghan occupation I was speaking to a Colonel who'd just come back and the Civil Servant who was trying to do a census in a country where women are not allowed to contact people. There have been lectures on domestic violence and how to develop a checklist for A&E staff to detect domestic abuse. Battlefield statistics, surgical statistics, epidemiologists in Ebola hot zones, lepers in India. I've met [redacted because of namedropping] Great fun... :)
    My favourite networking story is from a dinner at Pratt’s. My father was sitting between a senior British soldier and an Irish peer with republican leanings (this was shortkyvafter the GFA).

Over the course of dinner they figured out that they had each - literally - had the other in their sights during the Troubles but couldn’t take the shot for some reason
    Your father had a Provo AND a Rupert in his sights? Some man yer da!
    Only over dinner - it was the other two who’d been eyeing each other up. (You’ll be pleased to know they compromised on whisky)
    How so? Did they agree that one wouldn't have Glenfiddich and the other wouldn't touch Jameson's the solution was Jack Daniels?
    Speyside
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766

Wasn't someone claiming yesterday that the London property market was a disaster ?

' London’s skyline continues to head upwards, with a record 76 tall buildings due to be completed this year, a three-fold increase from 2018.

The number of tall towers – more than 20 storeys high – planned or under construction has also hit a new record of 541, up from 510 in 2017, according to the latest research from the industry forum New London Architecture (NLA). '

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/05/tall-buildings-london-skyline-2019

Every year, in London, 6-8,000 apartments are sold for more than £1m. (Including resale.)

There are between 42,000 and 48,000 £1m+ apartments currently under construction in London. If we assume that they will all come on stream between now and the end of 2020, that's an insane amount of new supply.

If you want to buy a super cool apartment in Central London, I would reckon December 2019 to Feb 2020 would be the best time. There will be some real bargains.

(And you probably don't want to work in the high end London residential construction market from about ummm... mid 2020.)
This discussion has been closed.