Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » From Marf a special cartoon for Gold Cup day

Comments

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586
    ydoethur said:

Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

I remember them standing in the Eighties.
    I think you're just Tessing us.
    A seriously obscure pun.
    I was attempting to find desperate remedies.
    It’ll be hard times if you do.
    These are puns about Hardy, sir. Why the dickens would you change the subject?
    It’s always about Charles ?

• Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,231

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.

But Jude-icious.
    No, ydoethur only trumpets his major successes.

OK, you've lost me there. Which Hardy does that refer to?

(I will admit I know his short stories rather better than his novels, which I find overlong and tedious. In fact I think I've only ever read one right the way through.)
    Apparently taking a break to read a French magazine helps. It’s called the Nouvel Obs cure.
    Your coat is no less than your Jude, sir.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,612
    Pulpstar said:

eek said:

It looks like any extension is going to require EU Parlaimentry elections
    https://twitter.com/alexebarker/status/1106632167235481600

I do hope so. I like d'Hondt. A proper PR system when the constituencies are big enough. Much better than that AV rubbish. Or STV - that really is nonsense on stilts, what with all that surplus votes business and taking a week to finish the count.
    Will you be voting for Labour :) ?
    I will be voting for the same party as I voted for in the last Euro election.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.
    He's got into another fine mess. Oh, wrong Hardy!
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Nigelb said:
    That's quite a good response. Please accept this Laurel. And a Hardy handshake... :)
    So long as you don’t want to kiss me....

• Options

ydoethur said:

Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.
    He's got into another fine mess. Oh, wrong Hardy!
    You were way out. Give it a West.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,760
    nico67 said:

A question for everyone .

Will you miss Brexit . Politics has never been more chaotic and interesting , I’m sure we’re becoming addicted to this .

No. I have never been more disgusted at the political process and its representatives. Having wrested control of foreign policy away from the executive they have shown themselves entirely inadequate to wield it.

• Options
    ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

No independence for Wessex until the following:

* A majority is achieved in referenda in Wessex. Essex, Sussex and Middlesex
    * They tell me - and I mean this quite sincerely - what the arse they have done with Norex? There has to have been one, surely.

It wasn't called Norsex, but Northumbria, referring to a geographical feature (the Humber) rather than the people.
    Interesting, thank you.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

viewcode said:

Nigelb said:
    That's quite a good response. Please accept this Laurel. And a Hardy handshake... :)
    So long as you don’t want to kiss me....

[It's a line from Blazing Saddles]
  • Options
    viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

* They tell me - and I mean this quite sincerely - what the arse they have done with Norex? There has to have been one, surely.

It wasn't called Norsex, but Northumbria, referring to a geographical feature (the Humber) rather than the people.
    Interesting, thank you.
    There was a ruler called 'King of the North Saxons' during the time of the Nordic Kingdom of York in the ninth century. But I don't think it was considered a country and certainly the name hasn't survived even though the area involved must have covered most of what is now Northumberland (a corruption of 'Northumbria'.)
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896
    eek said:

That was always going to be the case, that there couldn't be any uncertainty whatsoever in the minds of the EU, about whether or not we would be members in July, in advance of the EU elections in May.

I hope those in favour of an extension are looking forward to "Tommy Robinson" MEP taking his seat in the European Parliament?
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    The FT have got hold of the EU ambassadors briefing notes on an Article 50 extension .

Clear if the UK wants a long extension it will have to have EU elections . Even if the UK had an extension for a year if it doesn’t send MEPs by July 1st then the UK extension is terminated .

What’s not clear is whether the EU would allow some get out clause to send the current UK MEPs back if an election wasn’t held .
  • Options

Foxy said:

I see Dr Fox has been hard at work on major trade deals:

https://twitter.com/LiamFox/status/1106190636850561025?s=19

Though actually it merely appears to be a continuation of existing arrangements via the EU.

Sorry to hear the bad news Big G. Cancer at a young age is often an aggressive form.

Thanks Dr Foxy - it is a bitter blow to happen in a few weeks
    Sorry about your news Big G. There seems to be a lot of bad news around at the moment sadly.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,611
    Sandpit said:

eek said:

That was always going to be the case, that there couldn't be any uncertainty whatsoever in the minds of the EU, about whether or not we would be members in July, in advance of the EU elections in May.

I hope those in favour of an extension are looking forward to "Tommy Robinson" MEP taking his seat in the European Parliament?
    If people are willing to vote for the Neon Nazi, then it says a lot about them that is deplorable.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,150
    Sandpit said:

eek said:

If you get the votes you get a seat, that's how it works. You don't keep nazis out by not having elections.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,059
    Sandpit said:

eek said:

So you think Brexit is a great liberal free-trade project but predict the election of Tommy Robinson if it's denied? What does that tell you about your initial judgement?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Interesting, thank you.
    There was a ruler called 'King of the North Saxons' during the time of the Nordic Kingdom of York in the ninth century. But I don't think it was considered a country and certainly the name hasn't survived even though the area involved must have covered most of what is now Northumberland (a corruption of 'Northumbria'.)
    I have learned two things tonight
    * The reason for the disappearance of Norsex
    * Sainsbury's gin and dry tonic is nice but makes me burp

:)
  • Options
    What’s confusing say the UK extends to June 30 th .

Then in the middle of June revokes Article 50 having not had EU elections .
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.

But Jude-icious.

(I will admit I know his short stories rather better than his novels, which I find overlong and tedious. In fact I think I've only ever read one right the way through.)
    The Trumpet-Major.

There was a deal of his stuff on the syllabus when I studied English. I loathed his novels; some of the poetry is rather good, though.
    OK, thanks. Not heard of that one before.
    No reason you should.

I was probably one of the 0.1% of readers (and there weren’t that many of them) who really enjoyed Howard Jacobson’s ‘Peeping Tom’ - which, although not a very good novel, burned brightly with its hatred of Hardy.

• Options
    Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

If people are willing to vote for the Neon Nazi, then it says a lot about them that is deplorable.
    The worst thing is that they don't even have to vote for him by name, he'll likely be high on the UKIP party list.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Though actually it merely appears to be a continuation of existing arrangements via the EU.

Sorry to hear the bad news Big G. Cancer at a young age is often an aggressive form.

Sorry about your news Big G. There seems to be a lot of bad news around at the moment sadly.
    Yes, Mrs Foxy is at the sharp end of sorting out social care for her mother this week. The frail old dear is fading away. While Brexit paralyses our Parliament, life goes on.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,288
    viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Interesting, thank you.

Wouldn't Mercia have been the most likely candidate for "Norsex", given that it would have adjoined Wessex and Middlesex?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.

But Jude-icious.

The Trumpet-Major.

There was a deal of his stuff on the syllabus when I studied English. I loathed his novels; some of the poetry is rather good, though.
    No reason you should.

I was probably one of the 0.1% of readers (and there weren’t that many of them) who really enjoyed Howard Jacobson’s ‘Peeping Tom’ - which, although not a very good novel, burned brightly with its hatred of Hardy.
    That's another one I'll cheerfully admit to not having heard of!
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

The worst thing is that they don't even have to vote for him by name, he'll likely be high on the UKIP party list.
    Is he actually a member? And if so how will Batterns UKIP do against Farage's Brexit Party of one?
  • Options

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Interesting, thank you.

Wouldn't Mercia have been the most likely candidate for "Norsex", given that it would have adjoined Wessex and Middlesex?
    But it was south of the North. If that makes sense.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Foxy said:

Why do you persist in mocking this kind of things? It’s important to these islands with whom we have a long shared history. It may not be as significant as the US oust EU but they need to be done
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    Sandpit said:

eek said:

Slightly O/T but I had one ear to Sky and they were talking about the internet presence of politicians.
    T May 1.5 million internet dodahs they were using
    Magic Grandad - 5.4 million
    T Robbinson - 17.6 million.
    I was surprised to say the least, but Mr Robinson as an elected politician certainly has a potential after i heard those figures.
    Also on a more disturbing note is that railing against Muslims seems to be very popular.

• Options

Sandpit said:

eek said:

If you get the votes you get a seat, that's how it works. You don't keep nazis out by not having elections.
    Indeed, but if we leave the EU we won’t need the elections.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Sandpit said:

eek said:

Man in crowd: Rabbi, is there a proper blessing for the Tsar?
    Rabbi: The Tsar?
    Man: Yes, a blessing for the Tsar
    Rabbi: (thinks furiously) Of course! God bless and keep the Tsar...far away from us.

- "Fiddler on the Roof".
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,715
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.
    A tale of two cities?
  • Options
    nico67 said:

What happens when a new country joins mid term? By-elections?
  • Options
    Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.
    A tale of two cities?
    You're just trying to twist matters.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

Is he actually a member? And if so how will Batterns UKIP do against Farage's Brexit Party of one?
    One thing is certain - he's twenty grand poorer than he was when he got up this morning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-47586480

• Options
    nico67 said:

Which is why they won’t allow the extension past the EU Election Day, unless the Treaty is ratified by both sides and we can no longer revoke A50. The situation you describe would bring absolute chaos to the EU, as the Parliament would be incorrectly constituted.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,076
    ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

It was Angles not Saxons in the Midlands and North.

A Norsex would have been in the Herts-Beds-Bucks area if it had ever existed.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    It is just as well for Grayling that Adonis had that spell at transport. Otherwise he would be in a league of his own for mind-bending incompetence rather than just the worst transport secretary of all time.
  • Options

Freggles said:

The Missus has been cookin' - here's mi tea tonight:

STARTER:
    CRISPY DUCK SALAD
    WITH
    HOISIN AND ORANGE DRESSING

MAINS:
    MAPLE SYRUP AND SOY-MARINADED SALMON
    WITH
    A GINGER AND CHILLI BROTH
    AND
    DIM SUM
    PLUS
    EGG-FRIED RICE

DESSERT:
    BLOOD ORANGE AND APRICOT SOUFFLE
    WITH
    BACO DI ROMA BISCUITS CONTAINING ORANGE AND ROSEMARY

CHEESEBOARD

Nice work. I was chef today.

STARTER:
    NO

MAIN:
    SLIGHTLY BURNT BAKED POTATO
    WITH
    MEDIUM SPICED CHICKEN AND CASHEW NUT CURRY
    PLUS
    APPLE AND BLACKCURRANT SQUASH TO DRINK

DESSERT:
    CADBURY'S CREME EGG AND CADBURY'S CARAMEL EGG
    How the other half live!
    Beans-on-Naan
  • Options

Sandpit said:

eek said:

So you think Brexit is a great liberal free-trade project but predict the election of Tommy Robinson if it's denied? What does that tell you about your initial judgement?
    My judgement is that enough people will be absolutely furious at having Brexit denied by the political classes, that they’ll elect anyone prepared to turn the system upside-down.

Also, the vast majority of people still think UKIP is Farage’s party, they don’t know it’s now Stephen Yaxley-Lennon’s party - and the EU election is run on a closed party list basis.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Yes it has not been a good week but thank you
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

eek said:

UKIP may lose votes if Yaxley-Lennon is on the ballot. Also I would guess that he would not be at the top of the ballot, since longserving Kippers would take those spots.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710
    Charles said:

Foxy said:

Why do you persist in mocking this kind of things? It’s important to these islands with whom we have a long shared history. It may not be as significant as the US oust EU but they need to be done
    Agreed. The new arrangement will be no better than the one they already had through the EU and possibly worse. If No Deal goes ahead, it will definitely be worse because their exports will be displaced by Chinese ones as they lose their preferential trade status.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

One thing is certain - he's twenty grand poorer than he was when he got up this morning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-47586480

He is the best funded politician in UK according to Sunday Times. Huge #s of small donations online.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.

But Jude-icious.

The Trumpet-Major.

No reason you should.

That's another one I'll cheerfully admit to not having heard of!
    Jacobson is a good writer, but that one was pretty obscure three decades ago.
  • Options

Freggles said:

STARTER:
    CRISPY DUCK SALAD
    WITH

MAINS:
    WITH
    AND
    DIM SUM
    PLUS
    EGG-FRIED RICE

DESSERT:
    WITH

CHEESEBOARD

STARTER:
    NO

MAIN:
    WITH
    PLUS

DESSERT:
    How the other half live!
    Beans-on-Naan
    Fusion food.
  • Options
    Although Brexit has caused a lot of division it has on the other hand allowed a lot more cross party co operation in terms of amendments .

It does show that on certain issues MPs from different sides can work together.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

It was a mixture (hence why the client king of Bernicia used 'King of the North Saxons'). But also, the distinctions between tribes may have been quite minor. We don't know as much as is sometimes thought, and a lot of what we 'know' may of course be wrong.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Yes, Mrs Foxy is at the sharp end of sorting out social care for her mother this week. The frail old dear is fading away. While Brexit paralyses our Parliament, life goes on.
    Sorry to hear that. We have been there with our family and now, at our age, we just pray we will not be a burden on our dear family at some time in the future
  • Options
    They do, eventually:
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,150
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

Indeed, but if we leave the EU we won’t need the elections.
    Won't need *those particular* elections.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Foxy said:

Oh, I am quite fond of Fiji, my GG Grandfather spent some years there in the 19th Century as a missionary, but Dr Fox is being economical with the truth. He hasn't improved any trade deal or saved any money, merely replicated EU deals.

• Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

My judgement is that enough people will be absolutely furious at having Brexit denied by the political classes, that they’ll elect anyone prepared to turn the system upside-down.

Also, the vast majority of people still think UKIP is Farage’s party, they don’t know it’s now Stephen Yaxley-Lennon’s party - and the EU election is run on a closed party list basis.
    The ballot papers show the candidates, so if UKIP try to put him up, his name will be there.

• Options

Freggles said:

STARTER:
    CRISPY DUCK SALAD
    WITH

MAINS:
    WITH
    AND
    DIM SUM
    PLUS
    EGG-FRIED RICE

DESSERT:
    WITH

CHEESEBOARD

STARTER:
    NO

MAIN:
    WITH
    PLUS

DESSERT:
    How the other half live!
    Beans-on-Naan
    What has your Nan done to deserve that? She sent you birthday presents and everything!

(I know, I know... :( )
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

I believe so. Farage and Batten had a big falling out over it, that led to Farage setting up his new party.
    https://news.sky.com/story/tommy-robinson-becomes-adviser-to-ukip-leader-gerard-batten-11560682
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Interesting, thank you.

But it must have adjoined the other "Sexes" - if you know what I mean. Northumbria is hundreds of miles away.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

I believe so. Farage and Batten had a big falling out over it, that led to Farage setting up his new party.
    https://news.sky.com/story/tommy-robinson-becomes-adviser-to-ukip-leader-gerard-batten-11560682
    I know he is an advisor, but is he a member?
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Freggles said:

STARTER:
    CRISPY DUCK SALAD
    WITH

MAINS:
    WITH
    AND
    DIM SUM
    PLUS
    EGG-FRIED RICE

DESSERT:
    WITH

CHEESEBOARD

STARTER:
    NO

MAIN:
    WITH
    PLUS

DESSERT:
    How the other half live!
    Beans-on-Naan
    What has your Nan done to deserve that? She sent you birthday presents and everything!

(I know, I know... :( )
    I was actually joking about said "foodstuff" :lol:
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,534
    edited March 2019
    Is anyone clear about what they actually do want in terms of what the EU might actually deliver, as opposed to what they don't? Or is this an impossible dream. Just wanting to know.....and trying to keep it simple.

• Options
    ydoethur said:

Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.
    A tale of two cities?
    He’d have a hard time getting past you.

• Options

nico67 said:

What happens when a new country joins mid term? By-elections?
    Yes. Happened when Sweden joined. IIRC.
  • Options
    Fucking hell, Chris Grayling couldn't organise a pregnancy on a council estate.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

eek said:

I know he is an advisor, but is he a member?
    I saw a story about him a couple of weeks ago on the subject, but damned if I can find it now...
  • Options

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

Sorry to hear that. We have been there with our family and now, at our age, we just pray we will not be a burden on our dear family at some time in the future
    No, not a burden, merely part repayment for the care and attention she gave to Mrs Foxy and I when younger.

I cannot remember an argument that I have ever had with her or my late Father in Law. Indeed she used to infuriate Mrs Foxy by taking my side in a few issues ;-)

Not impressed by Health Services on the Island btw. I am not surprised with this:

http://www.nationalhealthexecutive.com/Health-Care-News/isle-of-wight-trust-admits-failing-terribly-in-reports-to-coroner-who-was-left-wanting-to-weep-
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    So after negotiating a brexit deal with a firm with no ships, he now has to renegotiate a no-brexit deal with a firm that does have ships. Well, he's trying all the combinations, I'll give him that... :(
  • Options
    Anyhoo. Train arriving at station. Laters.
  • Options

He’s a one-man fiscal stimulus.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Interesting, thank you.

But it must have adjoined the other "Sexes" - if you know what I mean. Northumbria is hundreds of miles away.
    And? It also adjoined the kingdom of the East Angles. Why not then 'West Anglia?'
  • Options

And Today his botched privatisation of probation services claimed another casualty when Interserve collapsed, leaving 40 000 on probation to be picked up by others

https://www.publicfinance.co.uk/news/2019/03/public-sector-likely-suffer-collapse-interserve
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,994

Point 1) They were well aware of it.
    Point 2) It is at a much greater in scale now.
    Point 3) The stench reaches up to the very top of the party.
    Point 4) The die-hard Corynites (not you, BTW) deny and excuse anti-Semitism.
    Point 5) Labour has become a fertile breeding ground for anti-Jewish rhetoric and feelings, attracting more such rhetoric and comments.

None of those things are points. Number 3 is particularly hyperbolic while conveying no information whatever.

Okay, you've gone from being wilfully ignorant to blindly stupid now. Or trolling.

I've provided you lots of information in the past - and you choose to just put your head in the sand.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836
    They are, but only if they judge it to be in their interests.

Their advantage is that no one can outflank them.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744
    edited March 2019
    Nigel Dodds has warned Theresa May the DUP will never “waver” on the party’s Brexit red lines as she battles to persuade them to back her deal.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/house/house-magazine/102554/excl-nigel-dodds-warns-theresa-may-we

...So, the DUP claim they won't waver on red lines, meaning they need something new. The EU insist they won't waver on offering anything new. May has nothing new to offer without the EU giving her something, and no legal wrangling will help unless Cox suddenly thinks his previous opinion was bollocks, and the DUP deciding to believe him on that?

I do get there's always a lot of tough talk, but quite where there is even room to maneuver I am struggling with.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,280

When the May Deal does pass - thanks to the votes of MPs who said they would never, ever vote for it - how much money would they have cost the country in wasted No Deal preparations?

Not nearly as businesses will have wasted trying to deal with this uncertainty right up to the point of departure. It's really unforgiveable.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,445
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Interesting, thank you.

And? It also adjoined the kingdom of the East Angles. Why not then 'West Anglia?'
    Mercia, East Anglia and Northumbria were Angle kingdoms, not Sacon ones- indeed I understand there is still a notable genetic difference between Essex and Suffolk. Angles were not North Saxons, though were still Germanic.

Mercia was 'West Anglia' if you like; Northumbria 'North Anglia'. But loyalties to old homelands back then were not necessarily that strong: loyalties were first to an individual lord. And kingdom names could be connected to other things than an ancestral homeland or tribe on the other side of the North Sea.
  • Options

They do, eventually:
    Seems like a brief aberration now. How to make compromise seem in their interests is the question?
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    viewcode said:

So after negotiating a brexit deal with a firm with no ships, he now has to renegotiate a no-brexit deal with a firm that does have ships. Well, he's trying all the combinations, I'll give him that... :(
    and people tell us Brexit would have gone so much more successfully if the leavers had been in charge!
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    kle4 said:

Nigel Dodds has warned Theresa May the DUP will never “waver” on the party’s Brexit red lines as she battles to persuade them to back her deal.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/house/house-magazine/102554/excl-nigel-dodds-warns-theresa-may-we

...So, the DUP claim they won't waver on red lines, meaning they need something new. The EU insist they won't waver on offering anything new. May has nothing new to offer without the EU giving her something, and no legal wrangling will help unless Cox suddenly thinks his previous opinion was bollocks, and the DUP deciding to believe him on that?

I do get there's always a lot of tough talk, but quite where there is even room to maneuver I am struggling with.

The hardcore Leavers have to decide whether no Brexit is worse than a bad Brexit. They’re dithering.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,106

I bow to nobody in my disdain for Chris Grayling, but I think it's worth pointing out that this comment is both misogynistic and betrays a consecending attitude towards people living in social housing. Besides, I suspect Grayling would struggle to organise a pregnancy in any residential environment, as he is too busy up fucking over the whole country to focus on anyone specifically.
  • Options

I bow to nobody in my disdain for Chris Grayling, but I think it's worth pointing out that this comment is both misogynistic and betrays a consecending attitude towards people living in social housing. Besides, I suspect Grayling would struggle to organise a pregnancy in any residential environment, as he is too busy up fucking over the whole country to focus on anyone specifically.
    I grew up on a large estate.
  • Options

I believe that Sam Cam grew up on an estate nr Scunthorpe...
  • Options
    Foxy said:

I have a lot in common with Samantha Cameron.

We both have long standing links to Sheffield and we both love David Cameron.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Charles said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

A seriously obscure pun.
    A tale of two cities?
    That’s bleak. House!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Foxy said:

No, not a burden, merely part repayment for the care and attention she gave to Mrs Foxy and I when younger.

I cannot remember an argument that I have ever had with her or my late Father in Law. Indeed she used to infuriate Mrs Foxy by taking my side in a few issues ;-)

Not impressed by Health Services on the Island btw. I am not surprised with this:

http://www.nationalhealthexecutive.com/Health-Care-News/isle-of-wight-trust-admits-failing-terribly-in-reports-to-coroner-who-was-left-wanting-to-weep-
    That is much like our relationship with both sets of parents and with our children so busy in their jobs we do not want to cause them problems , but we have no way of knowing our future possible care plans, so we just all concentrate on being family
  • Options

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Isn’t Norsex what Ulsterman practice before marriage?
  • Options

kle4 said:

The hardcore Leavers have to decide whether no Brexit is worse than a bad Brexit. They’re dithering.
    A few are. But it's whether the DUP care either way that matters.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Charles said:

Foxy said:

Oh, I am quite fond of Fiji, my GG Grandfather spent some years there in the 19th Century as a missionary, but Dr Fox is being economical with the truth. He hasn't improved any trade deal or saved any money, merely replicated EU deals.

In that tweet he’s entirely factual. Nothing economical
  • Options

Foxy said:

There’s also the fashion obsession ?

• Options

Was it a Volvo or a Ford?
  • Options
    edited March 2019

To be fair if it hadn’t been for you lot fucking around the deal would be done by now
  • Options
    kle4 said:

That was before todays meetings and Dodds upbeat assessment.

We will know by tuesday so not much more can kicking

Anyway, talking of kicking, far more important than brexit is tomorrow when Wales claim the Grand Slam
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,983
    Not good for either of you, Big G or Foxy. Wish you both well.And, Big G, losing someone from a generation below you is hard. Very hard. Been there, done that.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Interesting, thank you.

That sounds like aprivatised water company!
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Interesting, thank you.

West Anglia as a term exists - the railway line from London Liverpool Street to Cambridge via Harlow, for example.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,983
    Charles said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Interesting, thank you.

That sounds like aprivatised water company!
    It was, at one time at least, a Co-op based on Peterborough.
  • Options

So did I.
  • Options
    Charles said:

So did I.
    Vauxhall or Toyota?
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

New thread

• Options
    Nigelb said:

Foxy said:

There’s also the fashion obsession ?

Hell yes.
This discussion has been closed.