Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Punters make it a 30% that Brexit won’t happen before 2022 or

12346»

Comments

• Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,605
    kinabalu said:

> @OldKingCole said:

> I was told recently of a mixed race mother who went to the nursery to collect her child at 'home time' and noticed he was in a corner.

> 'What's he doing there?"

> "Oh he's been a little monkey!'

> Cue complaint, and horror from the nursery staff member who has simply meant that the little chap had been a bit naughty that afternoon.

I was struck by how 'mixed race' was the very determined way in which Meghan Markle was described when it became clear that she was to enter the Royal family.

By contrast, umpteen famous footballers and musicians, for example, are also mixed race in the sense of one black parent and one white, yet are described (quite routinely and non-controversially) as black.

My reading of this FWIW was that we were deemed to be ready for a mixed race princess but not a black one. More than this, the mixed race aspect was promoted as a positive, but precisely because of that promotion it became at the same time very important indeed to draw a distinction (between mixed race and black) that previously had not been particularly important.

Meghan is MIXED RACE - which is brilliant! - which by the way is NOT BLACK, was the message,

So there you go. That was my take. Remarkably perceptive of me? Or disappearing up my own fundament? Not for me to judge.

Dual heritage please...

o:)
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,932
    RobD said:

> @Theuniondivvie said:

> The DWP really are a bunch of c*nts.

>

>

>

>

Appalling, you would have thought there would be safeguards against this. Let's hope someone gets the sack for this....
    More likely promotion, this is Tory policy for you
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,964
    malcolmg said:

RobD said:

> @Theuniondivvie said:

>

>

>

>

Appalling, you would have thought there would be safeguards against this. Let's hope someone gets the sack for this....
    If it was policy, why are they saying it was an error.
  • Options

> @brokenwheel said:

> Fascinating you are confusing blitz spirit with longing for empire.

>

> Would you have preferred the Nazis won?

Of course not.

Thank goodness Britain still had an imperialist pm, a king emperor and an empire to help us 'to liberate Europe from Nazi tyranny'.

As well as multiple allies in Europe!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

kinabalu said:

> @OldKingCole said:

> I was told recently of a mixed race mother who went to the nursery to collect her child at 'home time' and noticed he was in a corner.

> 'What's he doing there?"

> "Oh he's been a little monkey!'

> Cue complaint, and horror from the nursery staff member who has simply meant that the little chap had been a bit naughty that afternoon.

I was struck by how 'mixed race' was the very determined way in which Meghan Markle was described when it became clear that she was to enter the Royal family.

By contrast, umpteen famous footballers and musicians, for example, are also mixed race in the sense of one black parent and one white, yet are described (quite routinely and non-controversially) as black.

My reading of this FWIW was that we were deemed to be ready for a mixed race princess but not a black one. More than this, the mixed race aspect was promoted as a positive, but precisely because of that promotion it became at the same time very important indeed to draw a distinction (between mixed race and black) that previously had not been particularly important.

Meghan is MIXED RACE - which is brilliant! - which by the way is NOT BLACK, was the message,

So there you go. That was my take. Remarkably perceptive of me? Or disappearing up my own fundament? Not for me to judge.

Dual heritage please...

o:)
    I’m also of dual heritage; my mother and father. :smiley:
  • Options

> @brokenwheel said:

>

Of course not.

Thank goodness Britain still had an imperialist pm, a king emperor and an empire to help us 'to liberate Europe from Nazi tyranny'.

Are you sure? As it was Scottish Nationalists who supported Hitler.

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/mi5-file-links-former-snp-leader-to-nazi-plan-1-1103305

In fact the all the celtic nationalists were disgustingly close to them.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/ireland-and-the-nazis-a-troubled-history-1.3076579

But yeah, imperialist UK government so bad by comparison...
    OH Dear someone making things up , look south for your wartime Nazi sympathisers , all your knobs and royalty were in step with them.
    Some real cretins on here nowadays, Little Englanders crawling out from under their rocks everywhere.
  • Options
    New thread!
  • Options

You're lumberingly predictable if nothing else.

Still, at least you're now open about your attachment to empire.

Truth hurts doesn’t it? And I have plenty of personal reasons to dislike Nazi sympathisers.

I don’t have any attachment to empire, for a start I’m not that old, I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy.
    LOL, what a turnip. Come back when you start shaving.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

> @brokenwheel said:

>

Of course not.

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/mi5-file-links-former-snp-leader-to-nazi-plan-1-1103305

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/ireland-and-the-nazis-a-troubled-history-1.3076579

OH Dear someone making things up , look south for your wartime Nazi sympathisers , all your knobs and royalty were in step with them.
    Some real cretins on here nowadays, Little Englanders crawling out from under their rocks everywhere.
    For example of English Nazi sympathisers in 1939:

https://twitter.com/champagne_lefty/status/1126164992850526210?s=19
  • Options
    Foxy said:

malcolmg said:

> @brokenwheel said:

>

Of course not.

For example of English Nazi sympathisers in 1939:

https://twitter.com/champagne_lefty/status/1126164992850526210?s=19
    And what about Corbyn’s huge rallies?
  • Options
    RobD said:

malcolmg said:

RobD said:

> @Theuniondivvie said:

>

>

>

>

If it was policy, why are they saying it was an error.
    You hardly think they are going to say , oops our policies are so draconian that we scare old dears into topping themselves. We see it up here , people dying days after they have been told for for work and benefits cut etc.
This discussion has been closed.