Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited June 2019 in General

Comments

• eekeek Posts: 24,797
    Your fourth paragraph gives me concerns about the question and the timing of any withdrawal. is it enough that election papers are sent out or would the vote need to be counted?
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    edited June 2019
    Fecund.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Lots of new endorsements for Boris on this Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/BackBoris
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Ah, undefined discussion subject. The most mysterious of topics.

Whilst short odds, the tip does look good.
  • QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    > @eek said:
    > Your fourth paragraph gives me concerns about the question and the timing of any withdrawal. is it enough that election papers are sent out or would the vote need to be counted?

I can't speak for PaddyPower, but if I were them I'd say the vote would have to be counted and declared for the ballot to have taken place.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,837
    Boris looks to have the 'big mo' with his hostage to fortune October 31st pledge.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,753
    The worry in relation to this bet is that Boris may come to look so inevitable that everyone else drops out. The wave of support from MPs for him today really should see him into the final 2.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    DavidL said:

The worry in relation to this bet is that Boris may come to look so inevitable that everyone else drops out.

They did that last time...
    This time round Boris has no 'key backer' - I don't see who can 'do a Gove' on him this contest.
    Scott_P said:

DavidL said:

The worry in relation to this bet is that Boris may come to look so inevitable that everyone else drops out.

Indeed. I take TSE's point about the egos etc but Boris has moved ahead strongly today from the front.
    Scott_P said:

DavidL said:

Indeed. I take TSE's point about the egos etc but Boris has moved ahead strongly today from the front.
    edited June 2019
    Boris has reached 40 endorsements:

Boris 40
    Gove 29
    Hunt 29
    Raab 23
    Javid 17
    Hancock 13
    Harper 7, Malthouse 7, McVey 6, Stewart 5, Cleverly 4, Leadsom 4, Gyimah 1.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1feCjt98HJcY9tlc5Zx78ZoSOC2fN-j0vRVFD5eUTbUE/edit#gid=0
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > This time round Boris has no 'key backer' - I don't see who can 'do a Gove' on him this contest.

Mogg.
    Mr. JS, be interesting to see if eliminated contenders prefer a leader whose views align with their own, or who they think will fail quickly and give them a second crack.
    Floater said:
    Here's his webpage for a good laugh : https://davidprescott.wordpress.com/
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    What's the deal?

Back Boris and he promises not to have an affair with your wife?
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > > @Scott_P said:
    >
    > > https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status/1135551339583422464
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Good luck with that
    >
    > Here's his webpage for a good laugh : https://davidprescott.wordpress.com/

Not exactly prolific is he :-)
    Mr. Rentool, the deal is that Boris pretends he'll leave on 31 October, and MPs pretend they believe him.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,001
    It does look as if the movement is towards Boris and only he could get away with his 31st October pledge

I suspect labour and others fear Boris the most and to be honest, maybe Boris can succeed in seeing labour rid themselves of Corbyn and his close associates

I still will not vote Boris but it is difficult to see past him, especially in view of the number of nonentities standing for the contest
  • Animal_pbAnimal_pb Posts: 608
    > @SandyRentool said:
    > What's the deal?
    >
    > Back Boris and he promises not to have an affair with your wife?

No, these are MPs: back Boris and he promises not to have an affair with your *mistress*.
    > @Morris_Dancer said:
    > Mr. JS, be interesting to see if eliminated contenders prefer a leader whose views align with their own, or who they think will fail quickly and give them a second crack.

IMO they'll go for the candidate whose views are closest to their own. Most of Hancock's supporters will probably back Hunt.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 11,008
    > @Morris_Dancer said:
    > Mr. Rentool, the deal is that Boris pretends he'll leave on 31 October, and MPs pretend they believe him.

It sounds like the deal with May. Or maybe not the second part.
    Off topic but I had no idea that there are quite a few rules changes in football which came in on the 1st June but did not apply in the Champions league Final

Some sensible, some not so
    Which of the hardcore ERG has the most Brexit party favourable constituency... potential November by-election triggered upon Boris' pack of lies ?

Off topic but I had no idea that there are quite a few rules changes in football which came in on the 1st June but did not apply in the Champions league Final

Some sensible, some not so

Kicking a ball at an opponent's hand probably the % play if you're at the edge of the box now.
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > Which of the hardcore ERG has the most Brexit party favourable constituency... potential November by-election triggered upon Boris' pack of lies ?

Mark Francois's constituency probably wouldn't have any problem voting for the Brexit Party if he recommended it.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    edited June 2019
    AndyJS said:

Boris 40
    Gove 29
    Hunt 29
    Raab 23
    Javid 17
    Hancock 13

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1feCjt98HJcY9tlc5Zx78ZoSOC2fN-j0vRVFD5eUTbUE/edit#gid=0

Great spreadsheet, as ever.

Interesting that some of the more "out there"* ERGers are holding fire on endorsements. Or on public endorsements at least.

*yes this is code for absolute ****** *********.
  • stodgestodge Posts: 12,741

It does look as if the movement is towards Boris and only he could get away with his 31st October pledge

I suspect labour and others fear Boris the most and to be honest, maybe Boris can succeed in seeing labour rid themselves of Corbyn and his close associates

I still will not vote Boris but it is difficult to see past him, especially in view of the number of nonentities standing for the contest

First, these are "endorsements", not votes and the more politically astute might realise the value of supporting one candidate publicly and voting for another candidate in the privacy of the ballot box.

Second, 40 out of 317 or so is hardly a surge of confidence - it's meaningless. Ken Clarke had plenty of support in a crowded field in 1997 - for all the good it did him.

I don't see Boris's commitment as any different from that of Leadsom yesterday. Both are quite prepared to leave the EU without a WA on 31/10 and have realised the huge damage being done to the Conservative Party through the inertia of being trapped in the current situation will only get worse to the point of being an existential threat to the future of the Party itself.

By trying to "break free" on 31/10 (as it were), they are hoping to break the political deadlock and escape the quicksand dragging the Party down. I get that but the uncertain consequences of leaving without an agreed WA with the EU may prove more deleterious for the economy and the country even if less so for the Party.

It comes back, as it so often does, to whether what works for the country is or should be more important than what works for the Party.
  • DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    On topic, can anyone answer eek's question about whether the market is settled on the calling of a vote or the completion of the count?

Off topic, England getting a bit behind the rate here.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    > @TOPPING said:
    > Boris has reached 40 endorsements:
    >
    > Boris 40
    > Gove 29
    > Hunt 29
    > Raab 23
    > Javid 17
    > Hancock 13
    > Harper 7, Malthouse 7, McVey 6, Stewart 5, Cleverly 4, Leadsom 4, Gyimah 1.
    >
    > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1feCjt98HJcY9tlc5Zx78ZoSOC2fN-j0vRVFD5eUTbUE/edit#gid=0
    >
    > Great spreadsheet, as ever.
    >
    > Interesting that some of the more "out there"* ERGers are holding fire on endorsements. Or on public endorsements at least.
    >
    > *yes this is code for absolute ****** *********.

Presumably waiting for Brexit Hardman Steve Baker to enter the race.
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > Which of the hardcore ERG has the most Brexit party favourable constituency... potential November by-election triggered upon Boris' pack of lies ?

Mark Francois in Rayleigh and Wickford probably. Alternatively Jackie Doyle-Price is apparently an ERG member and MP for Thurrock. Brandon Lewis doesn't strike me as hardcore, but he's apparently a member also and is MP for Great Yarmouth.

> @TOPPING said:

>

> Boris 40

> Gove 29

> Hunt 29

> Raab 23

> Javid 17

> Hancock 13

>

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1feCjt98HJcY9tlc5Zx78ZoSOC2fN-j0vRVFD5eUTbUE/edit#gid=0

>

> Great spreadsheet, as ever.

>

> Interesting that some of the more "out there"* ERGers are holding fire on endorsements. Or on public endorsements at least.

>

> *yes this is code for absolute ****** *********.

Presumably waiting for Brexit Hardman Steve Baker to enter the race.

He'll be working out whether to give the nod to Raab, Boris or run himself I think - could be a potential kingmaker if lots of other hardcore ERG follow his recommendation
    > @stodge said:
    > It does look as if the movement is towards Boris and only he could get away with his 31st October pledge
    >
    > I suspect labour and others fear Boris the most and to be honest, maybe Boris can succeed in seeing labour rid themselves of Corbyn and his close associates
    >
    > I still will not vote Boris but it is difficult to see past him, especially in view of the number of nonentities standing for the contest
    >
    > First, these are "endorsements", not votes and the more politically astute might realise the value of supporting one candidate publicly and voting for another candidate in the privacy of the ballot box.
    >
    > Second, 40 out of 317 or so is hardly a surge of confidence - it's meaningless. Ken Clarke had plenty of support in a crowded field in 1997 - for all the good it did him.
    >
    > I don't see Boris's commitment as any different from that of Leadsom yesterday. Both are quite prepared to leave the EU without a WA on 31/10 and have realised the huge damage being done to the Conservative Party through the inertia of being trapped in the current situation will only get worse to the point of being an existential threat to the future of the Party itself.
    >
    > By trying to "break free" on 31/10 (as it were), they are hoping to break the political deadlock and escape the quicksand dragging the Party down. I get that but the uncertain consequences of leaving without an agreed WA with the EU may prove more deleterious for the economy and the country even if less so for the Party.
    >
    > It comes back, as it so often does, to whether what works for the country is or should be more important than what works for the Party.

One word for it - 'Politics'
    Pulpstar said:

He'll be working out whether to give the nod to Raab, Boris or run himself I think - could be a potential kingmaker if lots of other hardcore ERG follow his recommendation

Yes although others have jumped feet first for Johnson (eg. Mogg, Mad Nad, etc).
  • OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    Is Boris transfer-friendly in this electorate?

Perhaps MPs not willing to support him in the first ballot will prefer to find someone, anyone, else to back in subsequent ballots. If they divide roughly evenly between two other candidates (Hunt and Raab, say) then you could easily see Boris end up third or fourth, even if he leads the first ballot.
  • TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,678
    AndyJS said:

Boris 40

Gove 29

Hunt 29

Raab 23

Javid 17

Hancock 13

If Gyimah doesn't get at least 2 backers, I assume he can't put his name forward? He needs a nominator and a seconder, right?
    Mr. Valiant, there's also a rumour the rules will be changed so each MP needs 10-12 declared supporters in order to stand.
  • isamisam Posts: 40,721
    Quincel said:

> @Pulpstar said:

Mark Francois in Rayleigh and Wickford probably. Alternatively Jackie Doyle-Price is apparently an ERG member and MP for Thurrock. Brandon Lewis doesn't strike me as hardcore, but he's apparently a member also and is MP for Great Yarmouth.

Jackie Doyle Price is a remainer isn't she?
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,548

I still will not vote Boris but it is difficult to see past him...

He's not quite that fat.

Mr. Valiant, there's also a rumour the rules will be changed so each MP needs 10-12 declared supporters in order to stand.

That's a dangerous rule change to make. What happens after the next GE when the Tories are reduced to 4 MPs?
    Mr. Valiant, easy to change, as the 1922 Committee will be one person.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    Off-topic:

It looks as though the M4 Newport relief road might be dropped by the Welsh government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-48497713

Mr. Valiant, easy to change, as the 1922 Committee will be one person.

That many?! Could be a bit optimistic.
    TOPPING said:

Pulpstar said:

Yes although others have jumped feet first for Johnson (eg. Mogg, Mad Nad, etc).
    Final MV Noe + Brexit Group I make the 'hardcore' ERG group + Drax (Repented from MV2)

Raab: (4) Baron , Braverman, Jenkyns, Morris

Boris : (4) Bone, Bridgen, Jones D, Rosindell

Uncommitted: (21) Afriyie, Baker, Cash, Chope, Drax, Duddridge, Francois, Fysh, Hollobone, Holloway, Jayawardena, Jenkin, Lewis J, Lopez, Mackinlay, Patel, Patterson, Redwood, Robertson L, Rowley, Villiers
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    England aren't going to win this match. All out for 250.

England aren't going to win this match. All out for 250.

They have been well off the pace today. But while there's Buttler there is hope.
    edited June 2019
    AndyJS said:
    He's definitely in my core ERG group, so Boris now ahead 5-4 of Raab within that group.
    edited June 2019
    AndyJS said:
    He seems to already be on @AndyJS's spreadsheet.

Edit, sorry I didn't notice who had posted that. 41?
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    Someone should say, “I’m backing Boris, because he can be trusted not to keep his promises.”
    > @TheValiant said:
    >
    >
    >
    > Boris 40
    >
    > Gove 29
    >
    > Hunt 29
    >
    > Raab 23
    >
    > Javid 17
    >
    > Hancock 13
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If Gyimah doesn't get at least 2 backers, I assume he can't put his name forward? He needs a nominator and a seconder, right?

Yep, he must have those arranged but they haven't been announced yet.
  • VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,429

Off-topic:

It looks as though the M4 Newport relief road might be dropped by the Welsh government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-48497713

What is the alternative. Bigger tunnels North of Newport?
    > @DavidL said:
    > England aren't going to win this match. All out for 250.
    >
    > They have been well off the pace today. But while there's Buttler there is hope.

Believe in the bin, I mean Buttler.
    > @DavidL said:
    > Another Boris backer.
    >
    >
    >
    > https://twitter.com/BackingBoris/status/1135567444846743552
    >
    >
    >
    > He seems to already be on @AndyJS's spreadsheet.

I added him about a minute ago.

Someone should say, “I’m backing Boris, because he can be trusted not to keep his promises.”

Yeah, that would get you a great job in the new administration that would.
    AndyJS said:

> @TheValiant said:

>

>

>

> Boris 40

>

> Gove 29

>

> Hunt 29

>

> Raab 23

>

> Javid 17

>

> Hancock 13

>

>

>

>

>

> If Gyimah doesn't get at least 2 backers, I assume he can't put his name forward? He needs a nominator and a seconder, right?

Yep, he must have those arranged but they haven't been announced yet.

Dominic Grieve to nominate, Phillip Lee to second ?
    OK we're officially in the shit now.
    > @isam said:
    > > @Pulpstar said:
    >
    > > Which of the hardcore ERG has the most Brexit party favourable constituency... potential November by-election triggered upon Boris' pack of lies ?
    >
    >
    >
    > Mark Francois in Rayleigh and Wickford probably. Alternatively Jackie Doyle-Price is apparently an ERG member and MP for Thurrock. Brandon Lewis doesn't strike me as hardcore, but he's apparently a member also and is MP for Great Yarmouth.
    >
    > Jackie Doyle Price is a remainer isn't she?

So she is, I was just going off the list of ERG members on Wikipedia. Maybe she joined but as a critical observer more than a believer, but the Wikipedia page links to her IPSA records where she has charged as an expense her subscription fees.
    edited June 2019
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > OK we're officially in the shit now.

Good job England bat deep*.....I wouldn't send in Buttler next.

* today we don't. Wood is a rabbit, compared to Plunkett / Curran.
    Maria Miller and Helen Grant are supporting Raab. Slightly surprising IMO since I didn't have either down as potentially hard Brexiteers.

https://twitter.com/ReadyForRaab
  • logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,669
    "cannot see this bet losing"
    Freudian slip?
    Quincel said:

So she is, I was just going off the list of ERG members on Wikipedia. Maybe she joined but as a critical observer more than a believer, but the Wikipedia page links to her IPSA records where she has charged as an expense her subscription fees.

I'm going off the bods that voted down the final MV (Division 395) and aren't clear remainers. + Richard Drax.
    > @FrancisUrquhart said:
    > > @Pulpstar said:
    > > OK we're officially in the shit now.
    >
    > Good job England bat deep.....I wouldn't send in Buttler next.

Sending in a nightwatchman is perhaps a little unorthodox in the one day game...
    > @TheValiant said:
    > Mr. Valiant, there's also a rumour the rules will be changed so each MP needs 10-12 declared supporters in order to stand.
    >
    > That's a dangerous rule change to make. What happens after the next GE when the Tories are reduced to 4 MPs?

I read on Twitter today that the rules don't carry over, and the 1922 Committee get to write the rules every time (they are meeting tomorrow). If true that seems awfully dodgy - rules should be clear in advance so they are fair for contestants.
    edited June 2019
    > @Nigelb said:
    > > @FrancisUrquhart said:
    > > > @Pulpstar said:
    > > > OK we're officially in the shit now.
    > >
    > > Good job England bat deep.....I wouldn't send in Buttler next.
    >
    > Sending in a nightwatchman is perhaps a little unorthodox in the one day game...

I would go with Ali.

I honestly don't see how England can get another 230 from here at 8 an over.
    > @Quincel said:
    > > @TheValiant said:
    > > Mr. Valiant, there's also a rumour the rules will be changed so each MP needs 10-12 declared supporters in order to stand.
    > >
    > > That's a dangerous rule change to make. What happens after the next GE when the Tories are reduced to 4 MPs?
    >
    > I read on Twitter today that the rules don't carry over, and the 1922 Committee get to write the rules every time (they are meeting tomorrow). If true that seems awfully dodgy - rules should be clear in advance so they are fair for contestants.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them changing the rules so votes can be held on Wednesdays as well as Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    Root 100, and Buttler 50 at least needed I think now.
  • isamisam Posts: 40,721
    Quincel said:

> @isam said:

> > @Pulpstar said:

>

> > Which of the hardcore ERG has the most Brexit party favourable constituency... potential November by-election triggered upon Boris' pack of lies ?

>

>

>

> Mark Francois in Rayleigh and Wickford probably. Alternatively Jackie Doyle-Price is apparently an ERG member and MP for Thurrock. Brandon Lewis doesn't strike me as hardcore, but he's apparently a member also and is MP for Great Yarmouth.

>

> Jackie Doyle Price is a remainer isn't she?

Delving into it, she seems to have campaigned for Remain but now converted to Leave. Probably the only way she can keep her seat
    edited June 2019
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > Root 100, and Buttler 50 at least needed I think now.

Need more than that, that would only be 90 off the 220 needed. Both need to be getting 100 and / or Root getting a massive 100.
  • CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Yeah, well, that’s Brexit for you. :)
    edited June 2019
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > > @TheValiant said:
    >
    > > Boris has reached 40 endorsements:

> > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1feCjt98HJcY9tlc5Zx78ZoSOC2fN-j0vRVFD5eUTbUE/edit#gid=0
    >
    > >
    >
    > > If Gyimah doesn't get at least 2 backers, I assume he can't put his name forward? He needs a nominator and a seconder, right?
    >
    >
    >
    > Yep, he must have those arranged but they haven't been announced yet.
    >
    > Dominic Grieve to nominate, Phillip Lee to second ?

+1
    > @Cyclefree said:
    >
    >
    > Yeah, well, that’s Brexit for you. :)

Twice over.
    England are 5/2 to win with Betfair Exchange. Seems very generous.
    I hope these announcements keep coming seeing as I've laid the favorite mother in the contest for as much as I dare.
    edited June 2019
    > @AndyJS said:
    > England are 5/2 to win with Betfair Exchange. Seems very generous.

4/1 might be considered such.

"England needed 201 to win this. The most they've made in the last 25 overs to win a game since 2015 is 170..."
    At the halfway mark, England needed 201 to win this. The most they've made in the last 25 overs to win a game since 2015 is 170, in the opening game of the 2017 Champions Trophy against Bangladesh.
    Cricviz have it 66% for Pakistan to win.
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > I hope these announcements keep coming seeing as I've laid the favorite mother in the contest for as much as I dare.

I don't understand who's backing Andrea Leadsom to make her third favourite on Betfair Exchange. Of 186 endorsements so far she has 4 including herself.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/politics/market/1.125574963
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    > @FrancisUrquhart said:
    > Cricviz have it 66% for Pakistan to win.

England have never made more than 170 in the back 25.
    Sir Greg backs Boris, taking him to 42.

https://twitter.com/BackingBoris/status/1135569189249396738
    > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    > > Cricviz have it 66% for Pakistan to win.
    >
    > England have never made more than 170 in the back 25.

That's an incredible stat, considering England have broken 400 and regularly get 100+ in the last 10.
    > @FrancisUrquhart said:
    > > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    > > > @FrancisUrquhart said:
    > > > Cricviz have it 66% for Pakistan to win.
    > >
    > > England have never made more than 170 in the back 25.
    >
    > That's an incredible stat, considering England have broken 400 and regularly get 100+ in the last 10.

I think that is chasing only, to be fair. And to actually have been successful in that chase.
    Boris obviously has a plan to roll out these endorsements at regular intervals.
    > @AndyJS said:
    > Boris obviously has a plan to roll out these endorsements at regular intervals.

I don't know about that, they appear to be today rather than spread over too long
    > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    > > > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    > > > > @FrancisUrquhart said:
    > > > > Cricviz have it 66% for Pakistan to win.
    > > >
    > > > England have never made more than 170 in the back 25.
    > >
    > > That's an incredible stat, considering England have broken 400 and regularly get 100+ in the last 10.
    >
    > I think that is chasing only, to be fair. And to actually have been successful in that chase.
    >
    >

That makes more sense.
  • Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    > @FrancisUrquhart said:
    > > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    > > > @FrancisUrquhart said:
    > > > > @TheWhiteRabbit said:
    > > > > > @FrancisUrquhart said:
    > > > > > Cricviz have it 66% for Pakistan to win.
    > > > >
    > > > > England have never made more than 170 in the back 25.
    > > >
    > > > That's an incredible stat, considering England have broken 400 and regularly get 100+ in the last 10.
    > >
    > > I think that is chasing only, to be fair. And to actually have been successful in that chase.
    > >
    > >
    >
    > That makes more sense.

And the successful chases probably won't have needed 170+ in the back 25 too :D
    May's premiership could look like a triumph when we're still in the EU come 1st November if Bojo gets in.

> @AndyJS said:

> Boris obviously has a plan to roll out these endorsements at regular intervals.

I don't know about that, they appear to be today rather than spread over too long

Agreed. Today seems blitzkrieg to me but will it prove to be Operation Barbarossa (sorry, the ERG types are infecting my metaphors).
    > @AndyJS said:

Am I the only one to find the quotettes accompanying each endorsement more than a little creepy ?
    Mr. Pulpstar, possibly.

Although she'll likely suffer Cameron's problem. Whatever happens, if it works she won't get the credit, and if it fails she'll receive some blame for failing to avoid it.
    > @Nigelb said:
    > > @AndyJS said:
    > > Boris obviously has a plan to roll out these endorsements at regular intervals.
    >
    > Am I the only one to find the quotettes accompanying each endorsement more than a little creepy ?

No.
    AndyJS said:

> @Nigelb said:

> > @AndyJS said:

> > Boris obviously has a plan to roll out these endorsements at regular intervals.

>

> Am I the only one to find the quotettes accompanying each endorsement more than a little creepy ?

No.

Tend to agree but it also looks quite professional and well funded. Standard formatting etc. It will have an impact.
    Pulpstar said:

May's premiership could look like a triumph when we're still in the EU come 1st November if Bojo gets in.

I don't think triumph but some people will certainly realise what she was trying to achieve and why she ended up in the position she ended up in.

That great tweet the other day which I wish I'd kept which said "can we just skip to the part where whoever takes over from Theresa May realises that her deal is the only game in town". Or something similar and equally acute.
    Dominic Raab hasn't received any endorsements for a long time and he's still one short of the number needed to guarantee advancement to the second round.
    AndyJS said:

Dominic Raab hasn't received any endorsements for a long time and he's still one short of the number needed to guarantee advancement to the second round.

Raab's problem is that he's in the same 'lane' as Boris I think now.
    Pulpstar said:

AndyJS said:

Raab's problem is that he's in the same 'lane' as Boris I think now.
    If only that was his only problem. His period at DexEU made Boris' time in the FO look like an unalloyed success.
This discussion has been closed.