Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Some analysis of the Tory leadership race and why the hardline

Comments

• Options
    _Anazina__Anazina_ Posts: 1,810
    Yawn. Who cares? I’m looking forward to the day where a politician says s/he took drugs and doesn’t regret it. Alcohol is the worst drug out there, just about, it just happens to be legal.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    Everyone seems to claim some indiscretions with drug taking, it's become expected and boring. Come back to me when one of them admits to dabbling in human trafficking or something.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,277

TGOHF said:

Gove taking out the trash - must think he has a big chance.

Gove's chances are not to be sniffed at.

Kaboom.
    Depends on the line you're taking?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Take a couple of years, and don’t finish it.

Nigelb said:

👊
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,057
    Raab will have to up the stakes and say he took smack.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

The biggest surprise to me is that this made the front page. Does anyone give a shit?
  • Options
    _Anazina_ said:
    80 year old former magistrates in the shires, ie most of the Tory membership?.

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,583
    kle4 said:

Well he's right about the knifing Boris thing. Frankly I don't know what people have a problem with in him doing it, that's politics. Same with Ed M. And if Boris could not handle Gove knifing him then clearly he wasn't up to the job, so it is not as though we were denied something spectacular.
    One of the few irrefutable arguments in his favour.

• Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

"Wheeling and dealing" in the leadership race takes on a whole new meaning.

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Boris seems to be in hiding.

It’s really not going to be him.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,961

Judging by the quality of his ideas he has a pot of mushroom tea with breakfast every morning.
  • Options
    MauveMauve Posts: 129
    _Anazina_ said:

Yawn. Who cares? I’m looking forward to the day where a politician says s/he took drugs and doesn’t regret it. Alcohol is the worst drug out there, just about, it just happens to be legal.
    Indeed. Where are the ones who smoked weed every day at university and occasionally dabbled in mushrooms and acid? Several of my friends who used to indulge in such things have gone on to be successful, (relatively) normal people. Maybe they all joined the Lib Dems and that's why they're so keen on legalising cannabis.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    kle4 said:

Everyone seems to claim some indiscretions with drug taking, it's become expected and boring. Come back to me when one of them admits to dabbling in human trafficking or something.

Given Leadsom's price on the exchange, she must have killed a guy
  • Options

_Anazina_ said:

Charles said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

It's our last night in Vilnius, I've got the company gold card, there are about 7 of us left here and I'm easily the most senior. :lol:

Sh1t happens. I’m sure you can find somewhere with ladies dancing that will give you a receipt saying ‘meals’ to match your credit card charges.
    That's not the worry, it's a company expensed night out in eastern Europe with a bunch of juniors and associates that has me extremely worried for my liver (and tomorrow's flight).
    I remember my first business trip (about 40 years ago), staying in a hotel which offered dodgy movies on the room TV for a DM 20 surcharge, with a 10-minute free sample. Idly curious, I put Emanuelle on, glancing up from The Times at the topless bits but ultimately finding the newspaper more interesting (sad, eh?). I forgot to switch it off before the 10 minute break, so next day had a "Miscellaneous: DM 20" on my bill. Dilemma:

1. Do I claim this back as some unexplained expense, knowing it was very unlikely to be queried, but basically making my company pay for absent-minded sleaze? Or

2. Not claim it back, and explain to my boss why I had omitted it? Nowadays I'd see no problem, but back then it seemed incredibly embarrassing.

In the end I did claim it, but omitted claiming for a DM 25 taxi fare...
    I always struggle with the compensation for delayed flights... Is it a refund for failure to provide the service promise or compensation got inconvenience...?
    Some take the view that if you are delayed on the way to a work appointment then it is the company's loss, but if you are delayed on the way back home it is your loss.
    This is where you get people booking a more expensive option just because they get a better personal benefit. You could use the word 'kickback', and if they were using the same approach with the choice of paperclip suppliers they'd be down the road.
    Sometimes employees just get cash back via their own bank / creditcard and it’s still cheaper to the company than going via another supplier. In any case, it’s a grey area - no different I guess than air miles (which I suppose our sales team must cash in on, but at the cost of doing lots of business travel while their colleagues are in a cosy pub on terra firma). I do minimal business travel myself - to be honest I don’t begrudge it to those who do. Business travel is FHW.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896
    _Anazina_ said:

TGOHF said:

The biggest surprise to me is that this made the front page. Does anyone give a shit?
    The reason it makes the front page, is that someone else in the contest has not made a similar confession. Maybe a confession about much more recent events.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    _Anazina_ said:

TGOHF said:

Must have been good shit..
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Boris seems to be in hiding.

It’s really not going to be him.

Course it is, don't worry. You have MPs all but admitting they think he is the only one who can win a GE even if they dislike him, or that the members will go nuts if he does not get to the final two - he'll make it.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

_Anazina_ said:

TGOHF said:

The reason it makes the front page, is that someone else in the contest has not made a similar confession. Maybe a confession about much more recent events.
    TBH I couldn’t care less if they did it yesterday. Cocaine is barely worse than alcohol.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Given Leadsom's price on the exchange, she must have killed a guy
    I thought that was how Tories inducted people into the Cabinet.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    edited June 2019
    I think the Gove admission is more curious than the Rory one. Whereas Rory was asked if he wanted a toot on a pipe, Gove in contrast might have actually purchased the Charlie. I can see the Rory case as not wanting to offend the host whereas Gove if he has done it on several occasions might have procured it himself. I suppose it depends when he did it and the circumstances of when the Cocaine was snorted. If he did it pre-Parliament then I don't think he has anything to fear. As an MP it might be embarrassing as he would be a law maker and as a Cabinet Minister I think he would be sunk below the water line. My take on it is they are lucky they have not induced a serious mental illness...
  • Options
    Mauve said:

_Anazina_ said:

Indeed. Where are the ones who smoked weed every day at university and occasionally dabbled in mushrooms and acid? Several of my friends who used to indulge in such things have gone on to be successful, (relatively) normal people. Maybe they all joined the Lib Dems and that's why they're so keen on legalising cannabis.
    Can we expect an announcement from Rory the Tory that he starts each day with a cheeky gram of ketamine?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Judging by the quality of his ideas he has a pot of mushroom tea with breakfast every morning.
    Were that the case, they’d be more imaginative.

I reckon he’s a diazepam and toast kinda guy.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The Baker thing is no surprise. Boris seems to have inexplicable support from hardliners despite his woollyness on many issues, not least his own voting for the WA in a manner which was an admission of his own slowness. Given Boris is up against slippery Gove the traitorous brexiteer and the combination of Hunt and Javid, the blanditrons, and with Raab unlikely to progress, Boris is the best a Baker could get I think.

If Boris gets the Spartans, add in many of Raab's, and consider that he has had plenty of loyalist backers already, he's closing in on 80+ pretty easily after only a round or two.

As for the plan not to go to the members, it would be an interesting study - I've seen plenty of Tories apoplectic they did not go to the members last time (whether they were angry at the time I do not recall), and it would be most amusing to see if such anger dissipated into hypocritical acceptance because their saviour Boris got the nod this time.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    Charles said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

Sandpit said:

MaxPB said:

It's our last night in Vilnius, I've got the company gold card, there are about 7 of us left here and I'm easily the most senior. :lol:

Sh1t happens. I’m sure you can find somewhere with ladies dancing that will give you a receipt saying ‘meals’ to match your credit card charges.
    That's not the worry, it's a company expensed night out in eastern Europe with a bunch of juniors and associates that has me extremely worried for my liver (and tomorrow's flight).
    I remember my first business trip (about 40 years ago), staying in a hotel which offered dodgy movies on the room TV for a DM 20 surcharge, with a 10-minute free sample. Idly curious, I put Emanuelle on, glancing up from The Times at the topless bits but ultimately finding the newspaper more interesting (sad, eh?). I forgot to switch it off before the 10 minute break, so next day had a "Miscellaneous: DM 20" on my bill. Dilemma:

1. Do I claim this back as some unexplained expense, knowing it was very unlikely to be queried, but basically making my company pay for absent-minded sleaze? Or

2. Not claim it back, and explain to my boss why I had omitted it? Nowadays I'd see no problem, but back then it seemed incredibly embarrassing.

In the end I did claim it, but omitted claiming for a DM 25 taxi fare...
    My worst expenses dilemma was whether or not to claim for a room that I got refunded in the morning, because I complained that the shower was unserviceable at 11am. The hotel (a well known chain of inns) made a point of not asking me for the receipt when issuing the refund, and in the end I claimed it back.

A bit different to the expenses offered to MPs, where I believe you were very conservative (yes I know) in what you claimed back, so good on you.
    I always struggle with the compensation for delayed flights... Is it a refund for failure to provide the service promise or compensation got inconvenience...?
    I am having this issue repeatedly at the moment due to the reliability of British rail services. One of the perverse incentives is that it encourages me to book later as then the refund for a delay is larger, but this then makes the travel more expensive for my employer/client - but then if I book too far in advance I might cost them money anyway if they change plans and want me to travel on a different day.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
    I had this contest down as Boris and the seven dwarves, but in a plot twist it turns out Gove was Snow White all along !
  • Options
    kle4 said:

_Anazina_ said:
    80 year old former magistrates in the shires, ie most of the Tory membership?.

They love a few lines before a big case.
  • Options
    Corbyn shouting “write Labour off at your peril” isn’t a good look.

https://twitter.com/channel4news/status/1136985997227565056
  • Options
    _Anazina_ said:

Mauve said:

_Anazina_ said:

Can we expect an announcement from Rory the Tory that he starts each day with a cheeky gram of ketamine?
    "Hi citizen, I'm Rory Stewart and I want to be Prime Minister, and I need to get to know the people of this fine nation face to face. Most importantly, what is your favourite means of getting, like, totally f*cked up?"
  • Options
    kle4 said:

The Baker thing is no surprise. Boris seems to have inexplicable support from hardliners despite his woollyness on many issues, not least his own voting for the WA in a manner which was an admission of his own slowness. Given Boris is up against slippery Gove the traitorous brexiteer and the combination of Hunt and Javid, the blanditrons, and with Raab unlikely to progress, Boris is the best a Baker could get I think.

If Boris gets the Spartans, add in many of Raab's, and consider that he has had plenty of loyalist backers already, he's closing in on 80+ pretty easily after only a round or two.

As for the plan not to go to the members, it would be an interesting study - I've seen plenty of Tories apoplectic they did not go to the members last time (whether they were angry at the time I do not recall), and it would be most amusing to see if such anger dissipated into hypocritical acceptance because their saviour Boris got the nod this time.
    The Spartans? WTF? Is this the new name for the ERG? A rebrand?
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,121
    Nigelb said:
    Last two times around. Or three, probably.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    Pity to see a player as good as Hazard leave the PL..... but at least it should weaken the blues!
  • Options
    _Anazina_ said:

kle4 said:

Yes, it is their own name for hardcore of the ERG who did not give in and vote for the WA (since the majority of the ERG actually did vote for it in the end). Gives you an indication of how they view themselves and why anyone getting their support is kidding themselves if they think they can sell the deal, or any deal, to them.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,070
    _Anazina_ said:

Mauve said:

_Anazina_ said:

Tbf he has the face for a partaker of a horse sedative.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,209
    kle4 said:

_Anazina_ said:

Mauve said:

_Anazina_ said:

"Hi citizen, I'm Rory Stewart and I want to be Prime Minister, and I need to get to know the people of this fine nation face to face. Most importantly, what is your favourite means of getting, like, totally f*cked up?"
    I presume that Gove's team got wind of an expose in the papers, probably Sunday, otherwise why even mention it.

• Options
    Gove is a Champaign Supernova!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI-5uv4wryI
  • Options
    kle4 said:

_Anazina_ said:

Mauve said:

_Anazina_ said:

I’m hearing that Andrea Leadsom to believe she likes a couple of jack and jills after Friday surgery.
  • Options

Though I dislike Corbyn his general manner of geniality and mildness is not without appeal, but I don't know that he is as well suited for the ranty stuff.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,815
    Was Gove Coked Up when he campaigned for LEAVE? :D
  • Options

Gove is a Champaign Supernova!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI-5uv4wryI

Sir Graham Brady Old Lady: Where were you when we were getting high?
  • Options
    What's The Saj been up to anyway? He's been very quiet. Given in early, or working MPs hard behind the scenes to spring a surprise in the early voting?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Was Gove Coked Up when he campaigned for LEAVE? :D
    Did he use a plastic straw?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

kle4 said:

_Anazina_ said:

Mauve said:

_Anazina_ said:

I presume that Gove's team got wind of an expose in the papers, probably Sunday, otherwise why even mention it.

The only thing worse than people talking about you is people not talking about you.
  • Options

Shades of Kinnock and Sheffield?
  • Options

_Anazina_ said:

Mauve said:

_Anazina_ said:

Tbf he has the face for a partaker of a horse sedative.
    Rory has gauntness like Jim Murphy, neither of them look well. Rory at least seems to have some drive to him.
  • Options
    Maybe Cameron was going to out him as coke head in his up-coming memories. :D
  • Options
    _Anazina_ said:

Mauve said:

_Anazina_ said:

I think Rory's more of an MDMA kind of guy, with his talk of bringing people together and delivering peace and love to all
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Chris said:

Nigelb said:
    Baker is a bloody joke. Two days ago he was manning up to take on johnny foreigner in some kind of do or die mission to save Britain.
  • Options
    "There was a time when all on my mind was Gove
    Now I find that most of the time
    Gove's not enough in itself"
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    Me and N4E?
  • Options

Dadge said:

FPT

tlg86 said:

IanB2 said:

tlg86 said:

Is @SouthamObserver about? I think he needs to apologise for this post from last week:

https://politicalbetting.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/2339183#Comment_2339183

Prepare for serious drought comrades ...

https://twitter.com/judah47/status/1133737863907033088

Its seriously hot in parts of central Europe right now. Maybe the heat just passed us by?
    So I see, but I knew what would happen here when Southam posted this last week. The weatherman sounded happy when he announced at the end of the Six O'Clock News that it will get even colder next week. :(
    Weathermen should be paid by results.

When they appear on TV, a little box should appear in the corner showing in percentage terms how accurate yesterday's forecast was and how they've done so far this year. Until this procedure is adopted they have all the credibility of Astrologers, and should be rewarded accordingly.
    One wonders what it must have been like to be Captain Stagg giving his weather forecast to General Eisenhower the day before D-Day...
    The truth is that it wasn't much better than informed guesswork then, and hasn't improved much since.
    Dear Peter, It's not exactly difficult to look at a weather chart and work out from it what tomorrow's weather is going to be like. You must've missed that geography lesson at school. But the internet is good for filling in those lacunae in one's knowledge, so go away and do some studying and stop trolling us.
    That's not the point though, Dadge. When I last looked at some decent statistics the accuracy rate for professional forecasters was about 78%. That sounds reasonable, but appears less so when you appreciate that if you simply guess every day that it won't rain tomorrow you will be right about 70% of the time. Is the extra 8% worth all the effort?

And is there anything wrong with asking forecasters to show their results?
    You might have different costs to Type 1 and Type 2 errors. Forecasts for deciding whether to grit roads certainly do save councils a lot of money.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,605
    Presumably Loathsome's substance of choice is Mothers' Ruin?
  • Options
    _Anazina_ said:

kle4 said:

They can be Blyth about the facts.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

What's The Saj been up to anyway? He's been very quiet. Given in early, or working MPs hard behind the scenes to spring a surprise in the early voting?

Trying to cook up a drug to have taken when he was younger? Opium is out. As now is cocaine.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

What's The Saj been up to anyway?

Several microdots and experimental sculpture.
  • Options

Chris said:

Nigelb said:
    Baker is a bloody joke. Two days ago he was manning up to take on johnny foreigner in some kind of do or die mission to save Britain.
    Yes, he's probably the MP most in tune with the desires of the membership.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:
    Bitchy.... Did Boris sleep with Max's daughter/wife/mother/all three/at the same time? :D
  • Options
    kle4 said:

_Anazina_ said:

kle4 said:

Yes, it is their own name for hardcore of the ERG who did not give in and vote for the WA (since the majority of the ERG actually did vote for it in the end). Gives you an indication of how they view themselves and why anyone getting their support is kidding themselves if they think they can sell the deal, or any deal, to them.
    Sparta, of course, not being renowned for its fondness for democracy.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I wonder if the Tory polling heading south of 20% with the prospect of wholesale replacement by Farage's team and a Corbyn Gov't is focusing minds on the only route out of this for the Tories... passing the WA.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

TGOHF said:
    Bitchy.... Did Boris sleep with Max's daughter/wife/mother/all three/at the same time? :D
    Isn't Hasting one of his bosses who has said he will back a bag and leave for South America if Boris is elected to be PM?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

kle4 said:

Trying to cook up a drug to have taken when he was younger? Opium is out. As now is cocaine.
    "Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit amphetamines" :D
  • Options

Heard that earlier and thought it was awful. He was ranty in a similarly unhinged way at the Trump demo earlier in the week.

I've not been well-disposed towards him for a little while now and things like that are really quite repellent.
  • Options
    Leadsom and Hunt deadheat at 9.8

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

I wonder if the Tory polling heading south of 20% with the prospect of wholesale replacement by Farage's team and a Corbyn Gov't is focusing minds on the only route out of this for the Tories... passing the WA.

Right or wrong they have identified backing that as the reason for their massive decline, rather than its failing being the reason for the decline, or at least the extend of the decline. It would take huge political courage for them to even attempt to pass the WA.

And would still require Labour.
  • Options

Nor is him whining about 'all the experts'. Sounds familiar..
  • Options
    Didn't Macron plan much the same thing?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,746

GIN1138 said:

Why would SeanT be posting under a non de plume anyway?

Have I missed something? Has he been banned? Gone off in a huff again?

AFAICR, SeanT has admitted in the past to going onto websites (e.g. newspapers) and posting beneath the line 'in character' to provoke comment.

But if he was doing that on here, he'd be someone like @TheJezziah, not someone who could be mistaken for him. There'd be little sport in that ...
    Sad though this may be, I can usually pick up who the poster is from reading the post without even looking at the name. This applies to some more than others, and to SeanT more than most because of his own special style. In fact I'd say only Ave It is more easily identifiable.

Byronic is definitely not SeanT, though why it should bother anybody is beyond me.
    I make a real effort to use a different writing style for each of my six PB identities...
    I’ve never been brave enough to claim a writing style.
    I have a writing style:

Dull dull dull dull Star Trek reference dull dull dull rudeword rudeword dull dull maths obscure reference dull.
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Pulpstar said:

And the DUP?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Just comes across as Ranty McRant Face as per usual. Marmite I suppose. His Cult will love every second of this.

e.g.

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1137111135537307648
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860

Chris said:

Nigelb said:
    Now he is supporting the tosser (of the LEAVE/REMAIN coin)
  • Options
    Newsnight seems to be trying to talk up the "Farage destroying the Tories" theme, complete with an interview with a party member on deselections. Labour has barely been mentioned so far, beyond the dread of "letting Corbyn in"
  • Options
    It might not appeal to you but I think some Tory members would welcome such a move. National Citizen Service should not be confused with National Service in the Armed Forces. Its all about the discipline and social responsibility of such a scheme. I could see it as being a positive scheme and something that helps bring people together from all levels in society.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Nigelb said:

Get bored and fuck up the ending prematu...
  • Options

It might not appeal to you but I think some Tory members would welcome such a move. National Citizen Service should not be confused with National Service in the Armed Forces. Its all about the discipline and social responsibility of such a scheme. I could see it as being a positive scheme and something that helps bring people together from all levels in society.
    It all sounds quite nice and not onerous, but I would have zero confidence in the government to deliver it well.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

For a moment I read 'Prime Minister I' as Prime Minister the First, and wondered what he'd been smoking.

• Options
    All these young people coming together across the UK, get your umbrellas out people.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

And the DUP?
    Have been very quiet lately for some reason, which worries me. They must be planning some big new demand or dramatic grievance to whinge about.
  • Options

Jelly Babies.

(Oddly enough, I really like her for that!)
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,605

Just comes across as Ranty McRant Face as per usual. Marmite I suppose. His Cult will love every second of this.

e.g.

A leadership challenge?
  • Options

All these young people coming together across the UK, get your umbrellas out people.
    Why does he stress bringing people from Scotland and England together? Does he plan to identify Scottish youths with separatist tendencies and ship them to Berkshire for reeducation?
  • Options

At least it counts as "some kind of idea not related to Brexit". Exactly what Tory MPs don't want to hear.
    But you have to give Rory credit. He's not going down by pandering to their illusions.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

TGOHF said:
    No, but IIRC he did fire him when he discovered he was making shit up. Which in the old days was not allowed at the Telegraph.
  • Options

Shades of Kinnock and Sheffield?
    Or Keegan’s notorious interview when Ferguson got under his skin.

• Options

e.g.

A leadership challenge?
    Sadly, the win at St Petersburg means he is safe.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

And the DUP?
    Not that many to find if you get every last Tory (Admittedly that's optimistic), Lady Hermon, Caroline Flint, John Mann and Kevin Baron.
    A few Lab abstentions and Boris is your uncle.
  • Options

Why does he stress bringing people from Scotland and England together? Does he plan to identify Scottish youths with separatist tendencies and ship them to Berkshire for reeducation?
    Well not now you have rumbled the plan!
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Jelly Babies.

(Oddly enough, I really like her for that!)
    Q. How do you make Jelly Babies?

A. image
  • Options

Tbf I think Rory's Unionism is genuine, whether that's any longer a genuine aspect of Toryism is another thing.

Perhaps some strenuous cairn building will be in order.

https://twitter.com/libby_brooks/status/490850099518779392
  • Options
    kle4 said:

It all sounds quite nice and not onerous, but I would have zero confidence in the government to deliver it well.
    It would be the cost that might put the brakes on it. Governments always make mistakes hence the unpopularity derived from their poor decisions. Some Governments suffer more miscalculations than others. The current one it is true is worse than many of its predecessors but that is only because it has to grapple with such a massive set of issues connected to Brexit. If there were No Brexit, then I suspect given the Parliamentary arithmetic the Government would be under much tighter scrutiny which may or may not mean more balanced and sustainable legislation rather than rubberstamping.
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    kle4 said:

Pulpstar said:

And the DUP?
    Have been very quiet lately for some reason, which worries me. They must be planning some big new demand or dramatic grievance to whinge about.
    They have been talking about a “new” confidence and supply agreement. New red lines?

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/backstop-could-be-at-the-heart-of-renegotiated-duptory-pact-38176426.html
  • Options
    Until Boris reveals a daily crystal meth habit he stands no chance.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,121
    kle4 said:

Didn't Macron plan much the same thing?
    Chuka was going to do it too.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

At least it counts as "some kind of idea not related to Brexit". Exactly what Tory MPs don't want to hear.
    But you have to give Rory credit. He's not going down by pandering to their illusions.
    Initially I was not a fan but I will give him something, he is the most dynamic of the field so far and he does not have the Brexit media artificially assisting his leadership profile. Rory is attracting attention on the merits of his ideas not the issues of Brexit.
This discussion has been closed.