Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The CON leadership race is now down to ten with the first MP v

Comments

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,209
    Raab really is the John Moore candidate.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502

What is the 92 Group and how do you join?
    They were formed in the Major years . You have to be a vile scum sucking right wing bigot who wants to nuke the EU to get in .
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    nico67 said:

The 92 group . Hardly surprising they’re another bunch of right wing nutjobs . The fact Rory got zero votes cements my view that he’s sane and quite a nice guy .

Je Suis Rory #
    I thought that was the No Turning Back group.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Andrew said:

ydoethur said:

I thought for a moment you meant Chris Williamson, and I was about to protest that (a) he's not eligible and (b) even the Tories wouldn't elect him right now.

I still dream of a govt of national unity, spearheaded by the A-team of Williamson and Grayling.
    Which Nation did you have in mind...Yemen?
    Give them 18 months.....
  • Options
    Not sure I have ever seen so many deluded and lying people in one day as the Tory leadership stuff.
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,313
    None of the ten is suitable for the job but if I had to list them in order of merit, starting with the least disastrous and working my way down I'd go...:

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

A PB poll on this would be fun.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,203
    Can I just say that passport control at JFK airport is the absolute pits. Awful. A form of purgatory. Over 2 hours to get through.

US customer service - pah!!!!
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,601
    AndyJS said:

I find it impossible to take Matt Hancock seriously as a potential PM.

Only him?!?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Can I just say that passport control at JFK airport is the absolute pits. Awful. A form of purgatory. Over 2 hours to get through.

Good job you didn't tell them that. You'd still be there.
  • Options

None of the ten is suitable for the job but if I had to list them in order of merit, starting with the least disastrous and working my way down I'd go...:

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

Stewart
    Hunt
    Hancock
    Gove
    Javid

Er, that's it...
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    Just on the clips attached to the story, unsurprisingly the candidates are talking a lot of vagueness and not much else, but Hancock stands out as not having much gravitas.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

I find it impossible to take Matt Hancock seriously as a potential PM.

Have you seen some of the others?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Cyclefree said:

I know what you mean. We arrived there a few years ago on a Sunday afternoon and there was a single person on duty to deal with the passengers of about 3 or 4 large planes that had just landed. It took about 30 minutes for anyone else to arrive to help process the passengers through customs. Also, it looked like the place hadn't had any money spent on it for about 30 years.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,710
    edited June 2019
    In reverse order of suitability for the job:

• Options
    nico67 said:

They were formed in the Major years . You have to be a vile scum sucking right wing bigot who wants to nuke the EU to get in .
    So that would be about what percentage of the current Conservative Party membership then?
  • Options
    Ally_BAlly_B Posts: 185
    Cyclefree said:

Just wait till there's no deal and you'll have another 20+ countries acting like that!
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    FF43 said:

Is it big enough though?

I think this is going to be close. It really depends if Boris adds votes from the pack, or if Boris fans already back him. The marginal votes are those who think Boris is the *only* answer, love him or hate him
  • Options

AndyJS said:

More vintage Esther McVey footage, at 1 min 48 secs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=108&v=bUC6G5xAeek

Thanks for the link!
    Interesting. She is nowhere near as Scouse as today's accent.

I wonder why?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Ishmael_Z said:

kle4 said:

Chris said:

kle4 said:

The comments in this thread about Leadsom are ridiculous. She's not remotely loathsome or witchy - she doesn't have a Thatcheresque demeanour, not that it would be reprehensible of she did. I can only conclude that she's the one people are scared will actually succeed in securing Brexit and a thriving UK.

Just because people dislike soemone does not mean they are scared of them.

That said, I don't recall why people think she is especially loathsome.
    Is it a sort of pun on her name - Leadsom?
    I meant besides that reason. I assume there has to be more of a reason than just the pseudo-pun.
    Give her her due, she was very prescient about Brexit back in 2013, stating that: "it would be a disaster for our economy and it would lead to a decade of economic and political uncertainty".

Shame she didn't pay attention to herself.
    Gosh, changing her mind, what a truly foul individual.
    Why is someone who allegedly changed their mind before 2016 sound on Europe, but someone who changed their mind after 2016 is a traitorous Remoaner?
    I wouldn't call anyone traitorous, I prefer the word treacherous.

Regarding people who've gone Remain since the referendum, I wouldn't call them treacherous, I'd call them credulous, skittish and easily demoralised. Not much else you can call people repenting something that hasn't even happened.
    "hasn't even happened."

Your case three years ago was that you could bring about a good brexit. It transpires that you are too fecking useless to bring about any sort of brexit at all either now or in the foreseeable, and you are presenting that as a point in your favour. I salute your indefatigability.
    Who is this 'you' of whom you speak? My case as a voter was that leaving the EU was a good idea. It is still my view that leaving the EU is a good idea, and I have seen nothing to remotely dissuade me.
    In fact it may still be a very good idea, but what if it cannot be implemented?

If you read the Communist Manifesto, you may well come to the conclusion Communism is quite a good idea. Practical results to date have however been a little disappointing.
    It can be implemented. There are billions of people living outside the EU.

The idea you think not being in the EU is remotely comparable to Communism just shows how devoid from reality this conversation has gotten.
  • Options

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

Stewart
    Hunt
    Hancock
    Gove
    Javid

Er, that's it...
    That's cheating. It's not a true List Of Shame unless you complete the whole thing.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502

nico67 said:

So that would be about what percentage of the current Conservative Party membership then?
    Probably about 80% at least !
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    FF43 said:

Pretty much. Anyone who thinks Boris should be running the country wants locking up if you ask me.
  • Options

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

Stewart
    Hunt
    Hancock
    Gove
    Javid

Er, that's it...
    That's cheating. It's not a true List Of Shame unless you complete the whole thing.
    Ok:
    Johnson
    Harper*
    Leadsome
    Raab [kill me next week candidate]
    McVey [kill me now candidate]

* I actually have no idea, despite spending hours on here. Complete blank canvas. Still blank is better than the ones who follow on my list.
  • Options

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

1. Stewart

That's it really.......

Hancock perhaps. Invisibility has its attractions compared with the all-too-visibility of the other candidates.

Leadsom if you squint very, very hard.
  • Options
    glw said:

FF43 said:

Pretty much. Anyone who thinks Boris should be running the country wants locking up if you ask me.
    The recent Time Magaine cover was cutting precisely because it was true. We have become an international laughing stock. Boris however can, I am sure, take us beyond ridicule.
  • Options

Gove
    Javid
    Johnson
    Hunt
    Raab
    Leadsom
    McVey
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Harper

To be fair to Harper he is last just because I can not think who he is.
  • Options

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

Stewart
    Hunt
    Hancock
    Gove
    Javid

Er, that's it...
    Ok:
    Johnson
    Harper*
    Leadsome

* I actually have no idea, despite spending hours on here. Complete blank canvas. Still blank is better than the ones who follow on my list.
    Yes, that's why I had him mid-division. If he's a blank, he might possibly be not quite as bad as some.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2019

Cyclefree said:

Have people tried flying via Dublin or Shannon and using US pre clearance to avoid the queues stateside?
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    As if Brexit wasn't enough of a calamity, we now have the prospect of Boris "full of shit" Johnson becoming PM.

Jeez - is there no limit to the depths this country can plunge?
  • Options
    nico67 said:

nico67 said:

Probably about 80% at least !
    And these are the people picking the next Prime Minister to represent the whole country?

I see.
  • Options
    nico67 said:

All this fuss over which Captain will be at the helm as the SS Brexit hits the iceberg .

The Tories psychodrama over Europe is now becoming extremely tiresome . They really need to be removed as they’re a clear and present danger to the UK .

There is one massive difference.

Some of them believe we have absolutely no need of lifeboats.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Terrible news about Leadsom. I was hoping to be counting my winnings today.
  • Options
    brendan16 said:

Cyclefree said:

Ever thought of flying via Dublin or Shannon and using US pre clearance?
    Good idea, Brendan. An even better one would be to stay in Dublin or Shannon on the way back and sit out all this Brexit madness until it is all over.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

glw said:

FF43 said:

The recent Time Magaine cover was cutting precisely because it was true. We have become an international laughing stock. Boris however can, I am sure, take us beyond ridicule.
    Its only a laughing stock to arrogant and small-minded individuals who think that Brexit is moronic and can't look past their nose. Other countries have had to face far greater sacrifices to ensure their country was independent than any trials or tribulations Britain will face.

If you wouldn't laugh at George Washington or Gandhi there's no need to laugh at Britain or Johnson.
  • Options

nico67 said:

All this fuss over which Captain will be at the helm as the SS Brexit hits the iceberg .

The Tories psychodrama over Europe is now becoming extremely tiresome . They really need to be removed as they’re a clear and present danger to the UK .

Some of them think we shouldn't even try to avoid the iceberg, but instead sail at full speed towards it, without raising any alarm.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    nico67 said:

Ah - obviously full of Arbeit Macht Freiers!
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040

glw said:

FF43 said:

Its only a laughing stock to arrogant and small-minded individuals who think that Brexit is moronic and can't look past their nose. Other countries have had to face far greater sacrifices to ensure their country was independent than any trials or tribulations Britain will face.

If you wouldn't laugh at George Washington or Gandhi there's no need to laugh at Britain or Johnson.
    LOL! What the f*ck was that?

Gone away for a few weeks and can see the right-wing fruitcakes have got slightly more unhinged (however impossible it may seem).
  • Options

Not sure how Jezza is going to get through Lab conference with his fence sitting.

It is going to be a bloodbath. And even Len might not be able to massage and fudge this one away.

MOMENTUM have control of the Conference. They decide what is and isn't debated and Brexit is off the table.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,896
    edited June 2019
    brendan16 said:

Cyclefree said:

Have people tried flying via Dublin or Shannon and using US pre clearance to avoid the queues stateside?
    Not myself, but have heard nothing but good reports from friends and colleagues who have used it for business trips and family holidays.

The BA flight London City > Shannon > JFK is particularly notable, but only if someone else is paying.

At some point the US is going to realise they’re losing a lot of visitors because of the whole airport ‘experience’.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Not sure how Jezza is going to get through Lab conference with his fence sitting.

It is going to be a bloodbath. And even Len might not be able to massage and fudge this one away.

MOMENTUM have control of the Conference. They decide what is and isn't debated and Brexit is off the table.
    Is it? Momentum are not all Brexit lovers.
  • Options
    glw said:

nico67 said:

Some of them think we shouldn't even try to avoid the iceberg, but instead sail at full speed towards it, without raising any alarm.
    If you believe in the boat enough the iceberg will crumble before its might.
  • Options

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

Stewart
    Hunt
    Javid
    Hancock
    Gove
    Harper
    Leadsom
    Johnson
    Raab
    McVey

Though frankly this shitshow makes nostalgia for Theresa May seem sensible!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
  • Options

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

Stewart
    Hunt
    Hancock
    Gove
    Javid

Er, that's it...
    Grim but I suppose we need to face up to it:

SENSIBLE:
    Stewart

WILD CARDS:
    Hancock
    Leadsom

DIRE BUT PLAUSIBLE:
    Hunt
    Javid

NO IDEA:
    Harper

CHARLATAN:
    Johnson

NOW ONTO THE TRULY GRIM,:
    McVey

NASTY PIECE OF WORK WHO HAS NOTHING GOING FOR HIM, NOT EVEN JOHNSON'S "PLUS" POINTS:
    Dominic Raab
  • Options
    Tobias Ellwood and David Lidington have endorsed Matt Hancock but Wiikipedia hasn't been updated with the information for some reason.
  • Options
    Leadsom is the 'what if all the Brexiteer blokes f**k up candidate' e.g. drugs, strippers, money laundering etc etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    glw said:

nico67 said:

No, no, the iceberg isn't a threat. In fact, it is much more afraid of a collision than us and will move out the way if we just stay on course. And even if there is a collison we will come out fitter and stronger afterwards. We are British (well, English anyway...not sure we have the others on side still) and a proud sovereign people who cannot be cowed by foreign ice mountains.
  • Options
    StreeterStreeter Posts: 684
    AndyJS said:

Cyclefree said:

I know what you mean. We arrived there a few years ago on a Sunday afternoon and there was a single person on duty to deal with the passengers of about 3 or 4 large planes that had just landed. It took about 30 minutes for anyone else to arrive to help process the passengers through customs. Also, it looked like the place hadn't had any money spent on it for about 30 years.
    Low taxes. Trickle down economics for the win.
  • Options
    StreeterStreeter Posts: 684
    brendan16 said:

Cyclefree said:

Yes. Works a treat.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

brendan16 said:

Cyclefree said:

Not myself, but have heard nothing but good reports from friends and colleagues who have used it for business trips and family holidays.

The BA flight London City > Shannon > JFK is particularly notable, but only if someone else is paying.

At some point the US is going to realise they’re losing a lot of visitors because of the whole airport ‘experience’.
    I have decided not to visit the USA under this president. My money, my choice.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

No, no, the iceberg isn't a threat. In fact, it is much more afraid of a collision than us and will move out the way if we just stay on course. And even if there is a collison we will come out fitter and stronger afterwards. We are British (well, English anyway...not sure we have the others on side still) and a proud sovereign people who cannot be cowed by foreign ice mountains.

BoZo's plan for the iceberg is to offer more places in the lifeboats to the 1st Class passengers...
  • Options

glw said:

nico67 said:

No, no, the iceberg isn't a threat. In fact, it is much more afraid of a collision than us and will move out the way if we are just stay on course. And even if there is a collison we will come out fitter and stronger afterwards. We are British (well, English anyway...not sure we have the others on side still) and a proud sovereign people who cannot be cowed by foreign ice mountains.
    I hear 9/10 of the Iceberg is out of sight, below the surface - it's just how these things work, hiding their true nature from you until it is too late.
  • Options

Gove
    Javid
    Johnson
    Hunt
    Raab
    Leadsom
    McVey
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Harper

On personal choice completely outwith my book:

Stewart
    Hunt
    Javid
    Gove
    Raab
    Leadsom
    Hancock
    Harper
    Johnson
    Mcvey
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    kle4 said:

I hear 9/10 of the Iceberg is out of sight, below the surface - it's just how these things work, hiding their true nature from you until it is too late.

So the hole the iceberg made in the side of the ship, should have been even bigger!
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:
    They're MPs?! I thought we were talking care-home residents.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

glw said:

nico67 said:

No, no, the iceberg isn't a threat. In fact, it is much more afraid of a collision than us and will move out the way if we are just stay on course. And even if there is a collison we will come out fitter and stronger afterwards. We are British (well, English anyway...not sure we have the others on side still) and a proud sovereign people who cannot be cowed by foreign ice mountains.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

brendan16 said:

Cyclefree said:

I don't like the social media disclosure that's apparently a thing.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    Sandpit said:

brendan16 said:

Cyclefree said:

DHS would like to get pre-clearance in at a lot more overseas airports. MAN is interested and CBP really want to get in at LHR but that will probably have to wait until the second runway and T6 as there's nowhere for them to go right now.

But yeah, pre-clearance is great. The CBP officers tend to be more professional (I chatted to one at DUB once and he told me it's a prestige posting that they compete for and you need some seniority to get it) and you arrive in the US as a domestic flight. The only "downside" is you can't buy duty-free on the plane.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

glw said:

nico67 said:

The fact that there are icebergs causing trouble on the high seas is yet another example of Brussels and its crazy interventionist regulatory directives.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Pulpstar said:

Gove
    Javid
    Johnson
    Hunt
    Raab
    Leadsom
    McVey
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Harper

Stewart
    Hunt
    Javid
    Gove
    Raab
    Leadsom
    Hancock
    Harper
    Johnson
    Mcvey
    Stewart would be first choice of most sensibe people, but he would be a disaster for the same reason Kenneth Clarke would have been a disaster as Tory Leader. He's in the wrong Party.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

brendan16 said:

Cyclefree said:

Gove is thinking along the same lines now.
  • Options

glw said:

nico67 said:

They (because it applies to most of them) are simply deluded if they think the EU is about to make some substantial concession, that Parliament will rally behind a minority govnerment trying to push Hard Brexit through, and that No Deal* is even an option.

It's genuinely disturbing to see people who could be PM in a few weeks time talking such utter bollocks about Brexit, and other things to.

* There's really no such thing if you want to do any trade, it's not No Deal versus a Deal, it's really lots of piecemeal Deals versus a comprehensive Deal.
  • Options

Alistair said:

They blocked the debate in 2017.
  • Options
    Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,300

glw said:

nico67 said:

https://www.navy.mil/navydata/questions/litehuse.html :smiley:
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    Cyclefree said:

Try doing US passport control having been to Pakistan the week before!
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,583

You have precisely to hit the IQ measurement ?

• Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Yeah, but they read the polls as much as the rest of us.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    I have just read the Daily Mail article about Michael Gove being one of five in a bed.

Looking through the details of men and women involved was very interesting.

However, no sexual activity was deemed to occur and Cocaine was not involved.

Gove is a dark horse!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    glw said:

glw said:

nico67 said:

They (because it applies to most of them) are simply deluded if they think the EU is about to make some substantial concession, that Parliament will rally behind a minority govnerment trying to push Hard Brexit through, and that No Deal* is even an option.

It's genuinely disturbing to see people who could be PM in a few weeks time talking such utter bollocks about Brexit, and other things to.

* There's really no such thing if you want to do any trade, it's not No Deal versus a Deal, it's really lots of piecemeal Deals versus a comprehensive Deal.
    How can they talk anything but bollox about Brexit? Brexit is bollox.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    Pulpstar said:

Gove
    Javid
    Johnson
    Hunt
    Raab
    Leadsom
    McVey
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Harper

Stewart
    Hunt
    Javid
    Gove
    Raab
    Leadsom
    Hancock
    Harper
    Johnson
    Mcvey
    My personal choice Stewart
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,961

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

Stewart
    Hunt
    Hancock
    Gove
    Javid

Er, that's it...
    Ok:
    Johnson
    Harper*
    Leadsome

Harper on Newsnight right now. Frankly, the first time I can recall seeing him. Able to speak in sentences and not obviously deranged.
    Increase UC payments, tax cuts for low paid and spend more on education.
    No chance therefore.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Yep. Totally crap performance. At least we know who is out first.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,583
    AndyJS said:
    Not this voter.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Grim but I suppose we need to face up to it:

SENSIBLE:
    Stewart

WILD CARDS:
    Hancock
    Leadsom

DIRE BUT PLAUSIBLE:
    Hunt
    Javid

NO IDEA:
    Harper

CHARLATAN:
    Johnson

NOW ONTO THE TRULY GRIM,:
    McVey

NASTY PIECE OF WORK WHO HAS NOTHING GOING FOR HIM, NOT EVEN JOHNSON'S "PLUS" POINTS:
    Dominic Raab

Forgot Gove. Neck and neck with his nemesis Johnson. Disagreeable hypocrite versus charmless charlatan, the charlatan wins.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    edited June 2019
    AndyJS said:

Guido: IDS backs Boris.

Bone head backs bird brain shock!

I am surprised at IDS, maybe he has one eye on who will help him keep his seat as it is within the win zone for Labour.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

Stewart
    Hunt
    Hancock
    Gove
    Javid

Er, that's it...
    Ok:
    Johnson
    Harper*
    Leadsome

Harper on Newsnight right now. Frankly, the first time I can recall seeing him. Able to speak in sentences and not obviously deranged.
    No chance therefore.
    Sounds and looks utterly out of his depth. Junior Cabinet - yeh maybe. Spare us these people.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

That is a very long time ago.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,961

dixiedean said:

Gove
    Hunt
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Leadsome
    Harper
    Javid
    Raab
    McVey
    Johnson

Stewart
    Hunt
    Hancock
    Gove
    Javid

Er, that's it...
    Ok:
    Johnson
    Harper*
    Leadsome

No chance therefore.
    Sounds and looks utterly out of his depth. Junior Cabinet - yeh maybe. Spare us these people.
    The question arises. Who are the 8 MPs who look at him and think...Prime Minister?
    Probably those who've had a look at the other 9 mind.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,991
    nico67 said:

The 92 Group was actually formed in 1964 "to keep the Conservative Party conservative" and was a key supporter of Margaret Thatcher during her premiership. It was a focus of Thatcherite dissent with Major and it endorsed John Redwood in 1995. Prominent members have included Sir George Gardiner, Norman Tebbit, Edward Leigh, John Townend and Gerald Howarth. Membership is by invitation only

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/92_Group
  • Options
    Dear god, they've fallen for the bus trick.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Gove
    Javid
    Johnson
    Hunt
    Raab
    Leadsom
    McVey
    Stewart
    Hancock
    Harper

Stewart
    Hunt
    Javid
    Gove
    Raab
    Leadsom
    Hancock
    Harper
    Johnson
    Mcvey
    Mine are:

Johnson
    Stewart
    Javid
    McVey
    Hancock
    Gove
    Leadsom
    Raab
    Hunt
    Harper

• Options
    Alistair said:

Dear god, they've fallen for the bus trick.
    The hair is getting unruly again though.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Yep. Totally crap performance. At least we know who is out first.
    On current declarations it will be Leadsom out first, she is not getting even 10% of the MPs who backed her in 2016, just 2 are supporting her at the moment
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,891
    glw said:

glw said:

nico67 said:

No deal means leaving before any deal has been agreed, resulting in completely dire consequences for Non-UK, EU citizens in the UK and for UK citizens in other EU countries.
  • Options
    Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,300
    Boris keeping his trap shut isn’t a bad strategy. He’s in front already and seemingly incapable of opening it without inserting at least half his natural allocation of feet.

Those behind him in the race need to use whatever ‘messaging’ they can to sell a vision and counteract their negative attributes.

So, inexplicably, Matt Hancock, who seems a bit of a lightweight, does a video of himself playing waste-basket cricket at the DoH? Rory’s found a decent mix of ‘slightly earnest theorist’ and at least trying to engage the GB public with his slightly earnest theories.

Hunt looks professional and, among Tories, probably has a reputation for safety. But his efforts to counteract “continuity May” accusations fall down on the fact no-one believes his plan to Act Tough and Renegotiate The Deal.

Most of the rest of them are still looking up “messaging” in the Malcolm Tucker playbook.
  • Options
    Telegraph: "Which Tory leader hopeful’s tax plan will leave you best off?"

Somebody should tell them that none of these plans will ever see the light of day.
  • Options

Boris keeping his trap shut isn’t a bad strategy. He’s in front already and seemingly incapable of opening it without inserting at least half his natural allocation of feet.

Those behind him in the race need to use whatever ‘messaging’ they can to sell a vision and counteract their negative attributes.

So, inexplicably, Matt Hancock, who seems a bit of a lightweight, does a video of himself playing waste-basket cricket at the DoH? Rory’s found a decent mix of ‘slightly earnest theorist’ and at least trying to engage the GB public with his slightly earnest theories.

Hunt looks professional and, among Tories, probably has a reputation for safety. But his efforts to counteract “continuity May” accusations fall down on the fact no-one believes his plan to Act Tough and Renegotiate The Deal.

Most of the rest of them are still looking up “messaging” in the Malcolm Tucker playbook.

I’ve got a to-do list that’s longer than a fucking Leonard Cohen song!
  • Options
    Well, it's been a larf poking fun at the Tory Party circus tonite but bedtime now. Who knows what jollity tomorrow will bring though.

Nite all, especially all you card-carrying Party Loyalists with a vote in the big event. Sleep well.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,057
  • Options
    According to Newsnight, only 30% of Tory members today are women, which is a reversal of the previous situation a few decades ago.
This discussion has been closed.