Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 11,017
edited November 2013 in General

Comments

• Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    Calamity Clegg's PR fightback continues.
    Shirley ‏@shirleykay11 1m

BBC News - Nick Clegg defends right to claim expenses for energy bills - http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24849007 … #bbcnews #bbcqt pic.twitter.com/mT9PmfHEN3
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    @Mick_Pork Still no word from Ed M on why his energy bills were paid out of expenses - even Mr & Mrs Ed Balls didn't bother to claim for theirs.
  • Options
    @dr_spyn Maybe little Ed can claim he somehow expected prices to freeze?

Unlike for MPs pay.
    steve hawkes ‏@steve_hawkes

MPs attack payday lenders, claim symbol of cost of living crisis.. MPs are separately pushing for an 11% pay rise
    I somehow doubt the voters are going to be very entertained when that all blows up again.
    As it most assuredly will.
  • Options
    FPT tim and the Falkirk non-effect - what tim prefers to ignore:

Scotland (OA)

Did Unite try to fix Falkirk : 50 (41)
    Should Labour reopen enquiry: 57 (43)

London Labour eh? Run along Scotland and do as you're told. We'll be deciding your candidate for Falkirk next month. In London. London knows best. Because something was wrong everything is fine in Falkirk. Which is why Falkirk can decide for itself we'll decide for them.

In London.

Well, Len's here....
  • Options
    Good to see that Labour are trying all-angles for the GE 2015 election!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24854087

Postal-votes for killers; postal-votes for enslaved victims. Norway will miss Sven....
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,986
    Some interesting by-elections on my part as I lived in Aberystwyth for a year or so until last summer and am now based in Hereford. In Aberystywth, Lisa Francis fell out with the local Tories before standing as an independent in the last council elections, I doubt if her endorsement will make much difference, a likely Plaid hold. In Hereford, the Tories have a 2 seat majority. There is another by-election in a Tory seat later in the month so if IOC hold tonight, that will make things interesting!
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    freezing pensioners pay for the political class' green energy taxes - literally in both senses

that's kinda awesome in a sick way
  • Options
    PPP 2016 national

•Hillary Clinton (D) 44% {43%} [47%] (46%) {46%} [44%]
    •Chris Christie (R) 39% {42%} [44%] (42%) {41%} [42%]

•Hillary Clinton (D) 48% {44%} {49%} [51%]
    •Jeb Bush (R) 39% {41%} {43%} [37%]

•Hillary Clinton (D) 49% {47%} [51%] (49%)
    •Rand Paul (R) 37% {39%} [41%] (43%)

•Hillary Clinton (D) 50%
    •Ted Cruz (R) 33%

•Chris Christie (R) 45% {45%} [49%] (49%) {44%}
    •Joe Biden (D) 38% {39%} [40%] (40%) {44%}

•Jeb Bush (R) 43% {45%} {45%}
    •Joe Biden (D) 42% {41%} {48%}

•Joe Biden (D) 45% {43%} [46%] (47%)
    •Rand Paul (R) 38% {43%} [44%] (43%)

•Joe Biden (D) 46%
    •Ted Cruz (R) 36%
  • Options
    SeanT said:

I see Shaun Woodward is resigning. In 2015.

As I have mentioned before, I am in possession of the most tremendous, scurrilous but apparently accurate gossip about him. At what point will be mods allow me to release this?

After he's been dead for 50 years? Never?

Give us a clue! Does it involve animals, vegetables or minerals?
  • Options
    Off-topic:
    Scotland’s economy will continue to grow over the next 12 months, with unemployment steadily falling in the following years, according to data released on Thursday.

The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) expects 2014 to be the healthiest for growth in the country since 2007, hitting 2.2pc. This is a big jump from the 1.3pc forecast in July.
    [Src.: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10434597/Scottish-economy-to-enjoy-best-growth-since-2007.html ]

What's that word: You know; summinck slower than the norm? Begins with "R" and ends in sounding like a Militwunt...? [No, not Welsh!]
  • Options
    SeanT said:

As I have mentioned before, I am in possession of the most tremendous, scurrilous but apparently accurate gossip about him. At what point will be mods allow me to release this?

Get everyone's email address from the mods and tell us all privately.

Doubtless several of us will blab it about at various places but you wont get the blame.
  • Options

SeanT said:

He's a politician. So there are bound to be animals and vegetables, but no chance of any minerals.
  • Options
    PPP Texas General Election

Hypothetical Presidential match ups with Hillary Clinton for 2016 are a little bit closer than you might expect for Texas- and the Republicans who do better are the ones from out of state. Jeb Bush polls the strongest against Clinton, leading her 49/42. Chris Christie does next best, leading 44/39, followed by Rand Paul with a 48/44 advantage. Cruz leads Clinton only 48/45, and Rick Perry actually trails her 47/45.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    HYUFD said:

Some interesting by-elections on my part as I lived in Aberystwyth for a year or so until last summer and am now based in Hereford. In Aberystywth, Lisa Francis fell out with the local Tories before standing as an independent in the last council elections, I doubt if her endorsement will make much difference, a likely Plaid hold. In Hereford, the Tories have a 2 seat majority. There is another by-election in a Tory seat later in the month so if IOC hold tonight, that will make things interesting!

Herefordshire. Grew up there. Related to a county councillor. IOC are the sort of retarded bigots which prove the local government rule. Agree the majority is slim but unconvinced to put it mildly that the alternative (Aka a return to the 1950s) is any better.

Where do you live there?

• Options
    Save time; >https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Shaun+Woodward&oq=Shaun+Woodward&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8< it, Save time! It was the Butler wot done it!

SeanT said:

Get everyone's email address from the mods and tell us all privately.

Doubtless several of us will blab it about at various places but you wont get the blame.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

SeanT said:

Sounds like a fun game. Is it only labour MPs or are we allowed to name tory and lib dem MPs we've heard jawdropping rumours about too? Because there are plenty and some a good deal higher profile than Woodward.

LOL

:)
  • Options
    And responding to this ridiculous comment from perdix two threads back:

"Your argument is a false, opportunistic, kipper-like one. In order for the widest improvement in lives for all, the nation needs sustainable growth. If you don't create the wealth as a nation, there will be less to spread around. London has always been dominant, don't knock its success. We should stand behind those who can lead the way in economic growth and find ways to help those who have difficulties. There are no quick fixes except in the imaginations of Redland and kipperland."

Can someone let me know where this 'sustainable growth' is please.

When we stop borrowing £100bn each and every year or when we manage a single month's trade surplus then we might be getting some 'sustainable growth'.

Until then all we have is the 'quick fix' of government backed house price rises and government backed household consumption.

And whatever my thoughts of London's economy the point I was making is that economic improvment in London but not in medium sized towns in middle England is likely to do the Conservatives more harm than good.

That might not be what the cheerleaders want to hear but that's what I'm predicting.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

PPP 2016 national

•Hillary Clinton (D) 44% {43%} [47%] (46%) {46%} [44%]
    •Chris Christie (R) 39% {42%} [44%] (42%) {41%}

Etc

I was in DC over Christmas/new year and incidentally saw HC coming out of hospital. It's quite possible that the name will elect her but I'd be looking to the Veep pretty quickly.

• Options
    David Jones ‏@DavidJo52951945 11h

Digby Jones- David Cameron reforms are nonsense 'anyone... thinks that fundamental reform is on the EU agenda, they are deluding themselves'
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited November 2013
    SeanT said:

Does it have anything to do with Butlers?

Why not arrange to have this gossip included in the crackers at the upcoming PB.com party where Mike tells us the treats are on you?
  • Options
    SeanT and others.

No speculation like that about Mr Woodward or others.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,235
    FPT

Tim said:
    @Edgecliffe: I'll say this about Rob Ford - he's challenging a lot of stereotypes about Canadians http://t.co/xjBEV63XUB

Definitely my post of the day.
  • Options

SeanT and others.

No speculation like that about Mr Woodward or others.

I was going to suggest a market on whether Woodward will ever be seen in St Helens again.
  • Options
    Matt Maybe, although Reagan was pretty old when he got in and we all know his Alzheimer's issues. Julian Castro is her likely VP pick I would guess to seal the Hispanic vote, and he could easily step in should a tragedy happen
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Matt Not that the present administration is exactly brilliant. I am presently based in Ryelands Street, having moved from East Street (I also believe SeanT is Hereford born and bred)
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    Is tim coming to dirty dicks 20 Nov?
  • Options
    SeanT

If you're still around ...

As I remember you live on Delancy Street in Camden.

But which side.

I ask because the ward boundary runs along it.

The north side is in Camden Town & Primrose Hill ward while the south side is in Regent's Park ward.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Matt Not that the present administration is exactly brilliant. I am presently based in Ryelands Street, having moved from East Street (I also believe SeanT is Hereford born and bred)

Shades of grey I think. Lived near there towards the river. Interesting that that you dropped urban living for the suburbs....

As with most of the regions, the young bright leave.

Interesting area. LDs heros to zeros. Labour not winning here. Conservatives old. But so is the voting electate.

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

London Labour eh? Run along Scotland and do as you're told. We'll be deciding your candidate for Falkirk next month. In London. London knows best. Because something was wrong everything is fine in Falkirk. Which is why Falkirk can decide for itself we'll decide for them.

In London.

Well, Len's here....

I have an announcement to make. All PB Tories have been signed up as members of the Labour Party. Consent is not required.

Welcome, Comrades. Onwards, to One Nation Victory...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10434254/Ed-Miliband-admits-Falkirk-whistleblower-signed-up-by-her-father.html
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT

But which side.

The north side is in Camden Town & Primrose Hill ward while the south side is in Regent's Park ward.

I'm in the ward of Camden Town and Primrose Hill, poised perilously between the former and the latter. Looking left I can see Goths and squatters and hot Italian tourist girls and the late Amy Winehouse, I look right I can see Milibands and hedge funders and Jeremy Clarkson. And Robert Plant.

Isn't it too expensive to have squatters still ?

If you ever get short of money you could take up squatting again while letting out your flat.

• Options
    Matt Indeed, the river is very pleasant with a great view of the Cathedral. On the politics, Jesse Norman seems entrenched for now, at council level the LDs have declined as you say, Labour has little presence and the odd Green and UKIP now growing, but the battle is between Tories and IOC
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105
    SeanT said:

I'm in the ward of Camden Town and Primrose Hill, poised perilously between the former and the latter. Looking left I can see Goths and squatters and hot Italian tourist girls and the late Amy Winehouse, I look right I can see Milibands and hedge funders and Jeremy Clarkson. And Robert Plant.

I've been to that house of Robert Plant.

OK, it was to deliver some sculptures, but you don't need to know that.

Also a friend of mine was the first senior police officer at the scene of Amy Winehouse's death.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,202
    SeanT said:

SeanT

But which side.

I'm in the wardlolof Camden Town and Primrose Hill, poised perilously between the former and the latter. Looking left I can see Goths and squatters and hot Italian tourist girls and the late Amy Winehouse, I look right I can see Milibands and hedge funders and Jeremy Clarkson. And Robert Plant.

Pah! That's nothing: round my way we have Bill Nighy, Emma Thompson, Greg Wise and Robert Webb. Not to mention the very handsome Cyclefree teenagers!

• Options
    HYUFD said:

Matt Indeed, the river is very pleasant with a great view of the Cathedral. On the politics, Jesse Norman seems entrenched for now, at council level the LDs have declined as you say, Labour has little presence and the odd Green and UKIP now growing, but the battle is between Tories and IOC

It would be hard for UKIP not to grow. Declined is perhaps understating for the LDs.

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105
    Scott_P said:

I have an announcement to make. All PB Tories have been signed up as members of the Labour Party. Consent is not required.

For giggles, someone should sign up Ed Miliband to membership of the BNP. I wonder how relaxed he would be about that?

• Options
    Matt Indeed, though they may do a bit better than nationally due to some residual Labour tactical voting. UKIP is now promising to put up a slate of candidates in the 2015 elections
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT

But which side.

I'm in the wardlolof Camden Town and Primrose Hill, poised perilously between the former and the latter. Looking left I can see Goths and squatters and hot Italian tourist girls and the late Amy Winehouse, I look right I can see Milibands and hedge funders and Jeremy Clarkson. And Robert Plant.

Pah! That's nothing: round my way we have Bill Nighy, Emma Thompson, Greg Wise and Robert Webb. Not to mention the very handsome Cyclefree teenagers!

Can't comment on the latter [phew, Gambaccini's been banned] but the former are the epitome of c*ntsoup.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Looking left I can see Goths and squatters and hot Italian tourist girls and the late Amy Winehouse

You can SEE Amy?
    Can I have some of the sh!t you're taking?

• Options
    matt said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT

But which side.

Can't comment on the latter [phew, Gambaccini's been banned] but the former are the epitome of c*ntsoup.
    Are they better or worse than the Millibands, Clarkson and Robert Plant?

• Options

Scott_P said:

For giggles, someone should sign up Ed Miliband to membership of the BNP. I wonder how relaxed he would be about that?

No, no: that's too obvious. He should be signed up as a Tory.

Mind you, the Mormons have probably already baptised him without him knowing.

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

matt said:

Cyclefree said:

SeanT said:

SeanT

But which side.

Are they better or worse than the Millibands, Clarkson and Robert Plant?

Ah, a were the Nazis worse than the Stalinists argument.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Just for Harry , Aberystwth Bronglais Plaid 204 LD 128 Ind 17
  • Options
    Mark Senior Comfortable PC hold then
  • Options
    Harborough Bosworth Con hold Con 259 Lib Dem 114 UKIP 105
  • Options
    Good clash on immigration between Farage and Anna Soubry on QT
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Mark Senior Comfortable PC hold then

Yes but highest Lib Dem vote share in 20 years
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,916
    Wow that's some impressive faux outrage from Anna Soubry...

Looks like she's grown a Sh*t moustache for Movember!
  • Options
    Only 65% for Labour in Derby-Bootle

I sprained my ankle this evening..

• Options
    Labour held Durham-Crook
  • Options
    With regards Chipping Norton. (above) Chippy has been a Labour place, even though gentrification has weakened it considerably. For the last few years there have been 2 Tories and 1 Labour, but the Labour Councillor had a substantial local following otherwise it would have been 3 Blues

Last time out there was a bit of unspoken collusion, resulting in a two way fight between Tory and a good Labour candidate. Curiously there was no Labour candidate in neighboring Woodstock, where the Lib Dems gained the seat from the Conservatives. Funny that.

This time there will be two other non-Tories, and even though Labour had a 200 vote lead in Chippy, these two could mean a tighter contest. On the other hand the Tory candidate has poor local connections. Labour to hold narrowly.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Scott_P said:

In London.

Well, Len's here....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10434254/Ed-Miliband-admits-Falkirk-whistleblower-signed-up-by-her-father.html
    I for one welcome our Unite overlords - the milky bars are on me !

Can Len let me know if I am in favour of HS2 or not ?
  • Options
    isam said:

Always quite liked her but she is hamming it up like Meg Richardson.

As for Farage he is doing really well, hard to argue with a single word he has said.

• Options
    AndyJS said:
    Indeed, it is quite extraordinary that the most informed person in the world on the arcane minutiae of Labour selections is our very own Italian pundit. He's also pretty good on the other parties as well.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:
    And very well deserved.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    edited November 2013
    Sefton - Derby (it's on Bootle)
    Labour 903 UKIP 293 Ind 97 TUSC 48 Ind 29 Green 25

Corby-Kingswood:
    Lab 722 UKIP 246 Con 154 LD 18 Turnout 21.5%

• Options
    Sefton Derby Lab 903 UKIP 293 Ind Edgar 97 TUSC 48 Ind Blanchard 29 Green 25

Blanchard apparently Conservative but no party description in error
  • Options
    Talking of selections in safe seats: Wealden Conservatives have now chosen their long list (15 I believe) out of the 100+ who applied. This will be whittled down to four for the 'open primary' (more an open final selection meeting) on 5th December.
  • Options
    Corby Lab 722 UKIP 246 Con 154 LD 18
  • Options
    thanks Andy, Richard and Richard. I hope to bring to you the full and final Brent Central CLP's ward branches nomination tally by the end of the night...how exciting

@RichardNabavi

will Plato be our reporter on the ground for the open primary?
  • Options
    Durham
    LAB 741 IND 496 IND 360 LIB DEM 145 CON 54 GRN 40
  • Options

Maybe. I'll certainly be there - maybe I can use Twitter to keep you posted (I'll need to check if this is OK).
  • Options
    MarkSenior True, but no Tory candidate unlike 2012 elections and LD vote fell in absolute terms
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

MarkSenior True, but no Tory candidate unlike 2012 elections and LD vote fell in absolute terms

You are confusing the district and town council results . The best parallel is the 2008 TC results Plaid 4 candidates 311 to 387 votes Lib Dems 4 candidates 74 to 104 votes . There was no Conservative candidate in the 2012 TC election and onlt one Lib Dem with 4 Plaid
  • Options

isam said:

As for Farage he is doing really well, hard to argue with a single word he has said.

Fantastic that an Eastern European immigrant in the audience was backing Farage up and saying how few bothered integrating while all the luvvies pretend to be outraged at the suggestion that Boston was suffering at all

None so blind...
  • Options
    Labour Brent Central CLP

all ward branches met to nominate candidates (1 man and 1 woman). That's the outcome

Tokyngton: Zaffar Van Kalwala and Dawn Butler.
    Stonebridge: Zaffar Van Kalwala and Dawn Butler.
    Willesden Green: Imran Ahmed and Sabina Khan.
    Kensel Green: Parmijit Dhanda and Sabina Khan.
    Harlesden: Zaffar Van Kalwala and Dawn Butler.
    Dollis Hill: Liaquat Ali and Dawn Butler.
    Mapesbury: Mike Katz and Sabina Khan.
    Dudden Hill: Zaffar Van Kalwala and Sabina Khan.
    Welsh Harp: Sundar Thava and Sabina Khan.

Some other candidates have also reached the longlist thanks to affiliates nominations (like Tony McNulty). It looks like a quite interesting and unpredictable race

Candidates who received noms from wards covering more than half of the membership are automatically shortlisted. All other candidates with at least 1 nomination (wards or affiliates) will be interviewed by selection panel that will draw up the final shortlist. Candidates with 0 nominations are out.

One of the disappointments of this selection is Hackney Cllr Patrick Vernon who have declared early but didn't make any inroads.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Fantastic that an Eastern European immigrant in the audience was backing Farage up and saying how few bothered integrating while all the luvvies pretend to be outraged at the suggestion that Boston was suffering at all

None so blind...
    A bit like the leftie comedians not liking Mickey Flanagan, yet he was the only one of them brought up in a council flat in a proper working class area and he doesn't want to go back.
  • Options
    tim said:

@RichardNabavi

Hendry was only 54 when Osborne drove him out, what a waste

How old was Purnell when Brown and his henchmen forced him out? Even I liked Purnell, he could have taken 'New' Labour forward.

• Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    edited November 2013
    Andrea, delighted to see you finally getting some very much deserved recognition from Michael Crick on his C4 news blog, very well deserved. I have long thought you were the pearl in the PB oyster. If I have one complaint, its that you don't post nearly as much as you used to on the daily threads. Hunky Dunky was on the Daily Politics not long ago, and it struck me that he is almost invisible these days which is a great shame. I miss our chats about him, Nicola Sturgeon and of course Wendy Alexander before she left politics. :)

Did you catch our local news on our candidate selection?
    Scotsman - Scots Tories to trial US ‘primary’ election system

"THE Scottish Conservatives are to trial an American-style “primary” election system to choose the Party’s candidate in West Aberdeenshire for the next General Election, it was revealed today.

All 66,110 men and woman in the constituency who are registered to vote are being given the chance to vote on the Tory candidate - not just constituency party members.

And the “open primary” election process could eventually be extended to other parts of Scotland."

thanks Andy, Richard and Richard. I hope to bring to you the full and final Brent Central CLP's ward branches nomination tally by the end of the night...how exciting

@RichardNabavi

• Options

isam said:

isam said:

None so blind...
    A bit like the leftie comedians not liking Mickey Flanagan, yet he was the only one of them brought up in a council flat in a proper working class area and he doesn't want to go back.
    There's nothing the luvvies like better than to patronise immigrants and the working class by pretending to know how they feel.

As fake as Dave and his Guinness photo I would say
  • Options
    Nottingham Radford/Park Lab 1146 Con 355 UKIP Green 80 Elvis 31 TUSC 22
  • Options
    Any markets on Sourby vs Palmer ?
  • Options
    Congratulations Andrea too on your Crick recognition
  • Options
    What a choice! Meg Richardson v Hughie Green
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Yes

Nick 1/3 Soubry 11/4

• Options
    Mark, any word on turnout in these Lab local council seats?

Nottingham Radford/Park Lab 1146 Con 355 UKIP Green 80 Elvis 31 TUSC 22

• Options
    Mark Senior Well even on TC alone the LDs still got 16 less votes than in 2012, so no great surge for Liberalism in Aber I think!
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Yes

Nick 1/3 Soubry 11/4

What was it before her awful performance on QT? 5/6 each of two?
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Yes

Nick 1/3 Soubry 11/4

I'll lay Nick for £20 liability, will you take it?
  • Options
    West Oxon Chipping Norton Lab 810 Con 500 Green 58 LD 53
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

In Cameron's own patch !!

• Options

TGOHF said:

Yes

Nick 1/3 Soubry 11/4

Does the price change if he makes his mind up on HS2 ??
  • Options
    BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536

Scotland (OA)

In London.

Well, Len's here....

Ye Gods, another of your obsessions Carlotta. Move on!
  • Options
    Interesting discussion on affordable housing tonight on This Week. Despite the obvious mistakes when it came to replacing council housing stock when Mrs Thatcher introduced her Right to Buy policy, I still think it was one of those landmark policies that really did achieve its aims to aid the aspirations of many people on lower incomes. Its such a shame now that the current SNP Government in Scotland have now thrown the baby out with the bath water by ending this option altogether, and therefore killing this aspiration for many Scots stone dead.
  • Options
    @fitalass

thanks. I sometimes fear they will soon forget Dinky on a trip abroad!
    What is Wendy doing these days?!
  • Options

Tories walloped in Dave's backyard? Seems an odd result?
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    edited November 2013

TGOHF said:

Yes

Nick 1/3 Soubry 11/4

The only people on the site I bet wth are those I know. I got stung for £500 a year or so back.

In any case my betting's about making money not making political points.

Also I don't do little bets.

• Options
    Sorry I see now that this was a Labour defence! I wouldn't have though Chipping Norton was obvious Labour country, but there you go.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,917

TGOHF said:

Yes

Nick 1/3 Soubry 11/4

I would, but I'm already on Nick at 1/2 ;)
  • Options
    Spelthorne
    Con 895 UKIP 441 Lab 227 LD 56
  • Options
    Spelthorne result Con 895 UKIP 441 Lab 227 LD 56
  • Options
    Chipping Norton Lab gain - What will Rod Crosby's by election swingback calculator make of that one :D !?
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Yes

Nick 1/3 Soubry 11/4

The only people on the site I bet wth are those I know. I got stung for £500 a year or so back.

In any case my betting's about making money not making political points.

Also I don't do little bets.

" I got stung for £500 a year or so back"

Thought you didn't do little bets
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Chipping Norton Lab gain - What will Rod Crosby's by election swingback calculator make of that one :D !?

That was a LAB hold not a gain

• Options
    Collapse in the LD vote in Spelthorne - Where the heck is Spelthorne anyway though >?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

That was a LAB hold not a gain

Sorry I just assume the home turf of Brookes, Clarkson and Cameron to be conservative ;)
  • Options
    down in the old south. surrey
    Pulpstar said:

Collapse in the LD vote in Spelthorne - Where the heck is Spelthorne anyway though >?

• Options
    edited November 2013
    No, why should we move on from this sordid little Labour scandal that grew big enough that it nearly brought about the closure of Grangemouth just a few weeks ago? The shock waves of such a closure wouldn't have just had devastating impact on the local economy, it also had major implications for the national economy too?!

It also casts a real spotlight into the way that some Labour candidate selections have been fought across the UK, especially when it involves Unite. This wasn't a one off, this has been an accident waiting to happen since before the last GE, it just took the near closure of the Grangemouth plant because INEOS were prepared to stand up to Unite for it to hit the headlines. And the key to this whole scandal, is the fact that this plum Labour candidate selection just about guaranteed the winner would be on their way to Westminster as the next Labour MP!! So the stakes were pretty high.

But even more damaging, the Labour party has form for abandoning difficult enquiries where there was clear evidence of wrong doing when it comes to candidate selection!
    Guardian - Labour party abandons ballot-tampering inquiry

"A Labour inquiry into ballot-box tampering during a controversial parliamentary selection process has been abandoned despite the discovery of evidence indicating that the culprit was a staff member, senior figures said today.

Ripped-up voting papers that were meant to select Labour's candidate in the safe south-east London seat of Erith and Thamesmead were found inside a ballot box stored in a cupboard at Labour headquarters in Victoria, central London, in April 2009. As a result, the selection process was suspended and an inquiry was launched."
    Bobajob said:

Scotland (OA)

In London.

Well, Len's here....

Ye Gods, another of your obsessions Carlotta. Move on!
This discussion has been closed.