Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

SystemSystem Posts: 11,008
edited November 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

If you’re a lurker, why not delurk? You’ll find delurking, So Good, don’t think you fall into the category of You Say It Best, When You Say Nothing At All, I’m sure your Words, will be a great contribution to pb.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    ARSE !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    And plenty of it I say ....
  • Options
    BTW Crick noting Andrea as an Italian anorak is a bit of an insult.

No self respecting young Italian male would be seen dead in an anorak, let alone want to be called one !!
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    Stay off the old Nighty Nighty Snoozey Snooze, JackW!
  • Options
    Let's have a chat with PB Greens .... or as Mrs Thatcher called them the vegetables !!
  • Options
    Great to see some recognition for Andrea!

Just noticed a few days ago a photo of OGH with Stephen Hawking and the Clintons in the White House... assuming photoshop was not involved, what story did I miss??
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Only four (and a half) right-of-centre links out of 20, TSE?

That's the sort of "balance" we expect from Question Time panels.
  • Options
    @JackW

At least you would never be able to turn me into an appetising pie ;)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Andrea may wake up with a few more twitter followers tomorrow ;p

And someone should inform Crick of AndyJS' superhuman effort in collating the candidate selection into one google doc (at least thats what I think that list of his is!)
  • Options
    @RobD

I think Andy's summary of local election results by constituency is an even greater service to us anoraks.
  • Options

Just noticed a few days ago a photo of OGH with Stephen Hawking and the Clintons in the White House... assuming photoshop was not involved, what story did I miss??

My question exactly in the original thread, not sure if it was answered though.
  • Options
    ps MBE - Andy said a while ago that he may have some answers to your thorny GE results queries.
  • Options
    @Neil

Thanks, will see if I can catch up with @AndyJS if I find myself in the same thread as him!

I think I'm still owed an email from @corporeal too.
  • Options
    Neil said:

@RobD

I think Andy's summary of local election results by constituency is an even greater service to us anoraks.

I have been thinking about if it could all be put in an SQL database, but you run into the problem of boundary changes, and keeping track of that. Too busy in my actual job to devote any serious time to it either.

Then there is the difficulty in keeping it all updated, what with the number of defections and by elections each week (I suppose the latter is well covered here on PB).
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Some good points and comments on the status of the BBC, below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2492363/BBC-big-left-wing-ignored-critics-immigration-Brussels-head-news-admits.html

But it's mighty funny how these sort of managers keep quiet to whats going on until after they receive their golden handshake.
  • Options
    Neil said:

@JackW

At least you would never be able to turn me into an appetising pie ;)

Well quite - Auchentennach Fine Pies only use the finest ingredients and certainly none tainted by vegan tendencies !!

You should do nicely though in the vile "Linda McCartney" range.

• Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    Jeez. Godfrey Bloom on HIGNFY.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,901
    edited November 2013
    Balanced panel on HIGNFY, Godfrey Bloom and Victoria Coren
  • Options
    @RobD

I cant imagine putting a constituency bet on the next GE without consulting Andy's spreadsheets (if they cover the constituency). He deserves an honour for services to political betting!
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    tim said:

The UKIP vs PB Tories scrap was getting a bit confused on the last thread

That seems hard to believe considering Cameron and his chum Crosby are definitely not confused with regards to immigration and anti-kipper strategy.
    David Coburn UKIP ‏@DavidCoburnUKip

Lynton Crosby told Boris Johnson - " Concentrate on Tory voters and not the f*****g Muslims http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2234565/Lynton-Crosby-Foul-mouthed-abuse-campaign-chief-revealed-lands-Tory-post.html
    So when Cammie branded the kippers "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" he obviously knew what he was talking about.

• Options
    Blimey Paul Merton's teeth need a brush
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tim said:

The UKIP vs PB Tories scrap was getting a bit confused on the last thread, the PB Tories who voted UKIP in May seem to be more angry with everyone but themselves, they're teenagers who got caught masturbating at breaktime and didn't realise they were on CCTV

I thought the last thread was getting confused when people who claim to know about the effects of immigration on the working class, despite only reading about it in state sponsored reports rather than experiencing it personally, started getting snobby about the merits of a particular champagne

• Options
    There is a fantastic excerpt in the Guardian from yesterday's hearing of the Miranda judicial review by the Divisional Court:
    [Jason] Beer [QC, counsel for the Commissioner of the Police of the Metropolis] added: "The police had received a request from the security services to make the stop seem as routine as possible." Between 60,000 and 100,000 people a year are examined in port stops every year. "The definition of section one [of the Terrorism Act] is exceptionally broad … Terrorism is terrorism, whatever the motives"

At that point Mr Justice Ouseley, one of three judges considering the case, intervened to comment: "Just as well it was not in force during world war two, it might have applied to the French Resistance."
    The next time a Labour supporter criticises anyone for describing Mandela as a terrorist, they should gently be reminded that there is no doubt that the ANC in the 1980s was a terrorist organisation, if one accepts the definition of terrorism which the Labour Party introduced.
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826
    edited November 2013
    tim said:

We knew the Govt were playing with national security when they came up with TPIMs, but not to this degree.

"A terror suspect was facing charges over 20 alleged breaches of orders restricting his movements when he fled a mosque in a burka, it has emerged."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24868258

We now know the Govt was damaging Britain's national interests by going into Iraq. Pity Labour misled the House anyway.
  • Options
    tim said:

Mick_Pork said:

tim said:

That seems hard to believe considering Cameron and his chum Crosby are definitely not confused with regards to immigration and anti-kipper strategy.

Lynton Crosby told Boris Johnson - " Concentrate on Tory voters and not the f*****g Muslims http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2234565/Lynton-Crosby-Foul-mouthed-abuse-campaign-chief-revealed-lands-Tory-post.html
    So when Cammie branded the kippers "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" he obviously knew what he was talking about.

Lynton was employed to spread bile about Romanians and Bulgarians in Spring 2013 and spread love in Spring 2014 wasn't he?

Employed at great expense yes. Money that has always been spent wisely by the incompetent fops.

:)

• Options
    Neil said:

@RobD

I cant imagine putting a constituency bet on the next GE without consulting Andy's spreadsheets (if they cover the constituency). He deserves an honour for services to political betting!

Perhaps, much as PB.com has the occasional donations drive, there should be a political betting intelligence fund to fund such endeavours.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

tim said:

I'm a kipper but in the case of Godfrey Bloom he was right!
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

The UKIP vs PB Tories scrap was getting a bit confused on the last thread, the PB Tories who voted UKIP in May seem to be more angry with everyone but themselves, they're teenagers who got caught masturbating at breaktime and didn't realise they were on CCTV

I thought the last thread was getting confused when people who claim to know about the effects of immigration on the working class, despite only reading about it in state sponsored reports rather than experiencing it personally, started getting snobby about the merits of a particular champagne

Nothing wrong with being able to spot a mediocre champagne and a mediocre politician lying about school kids being bussed 20 miles out of Boston Lincs, no contradiction there.

I can see you already rubbing you hands when the EU restrictions on Romania and Bulgaria are lifted next year.

That could mean immigration up and that all what counts in your little labour bunker
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

tim said:

I'm a kipper but in the case of Godfrey Bloom he was right!

Bloom going a bit Kilroy-Silk again is he? That's bound to end well.

• Options
    From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes
    Could you cite some evidence for your assertion that the UK's infrastructure can't cope with more immigration?
    From the Guardian no less:

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2013/sep/03/councils-shortage-primary-school-places

• Options

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes
    Could you cite some evidence for your assertion that the UK's infrastructure can't cope with more immigration?

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2013/sep/03/councils-shortage-primary-school-places

And from my city -

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/local/localbrad/9809113.Roads_in_Bradford_and_Leeds__most_congested_in_England_/

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

The 2016 election....
  • Options
    Crick chasing Shapps. Always great TV that. Now we get Bloom's red faced flounce against Crick. Equally hilarious.
  • Options
    tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

Nothing wrong with being able to spot a mediocre champagne and a mediocre politician lying about school kids being bussed 20 miles out of Boston Lincs, no contradiction there.

Champers everyone!

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    Am I the only person who thinks AE-P at The Telegraph is wonderfully, bonkersly, insane?

The EU - rightly or wrongly - has preached that countries have to (a) cut public spending, and (b) liberalise labour markets. This has tended to improve competitiveness, albeit at the horrendous cost of unemployment soaring.

France has neither cut spending, nor liberalised its labour market. If the EU and the Eurozone comes apart in the next 18 months, it will almost certainly be because France or Italy has chosen to ignore the Anglo-Saxon dogma that emanates from Berlin and Brussels.

Now, you can take the view (as AE-P does, and as Paul Krugman does) that austerity in the middle of a slump will only make things worse. What you cannot claim is that France's problems are due to them following EU dogma, when France is doing anything but following EU dogma.

Personally, I think that austerity and the liberalising of labour markets - while horrible for the unemployed builder in Southern Spain - is essential for having a long-term competitive economy. Trying to prop up an economy like Spain, where 20% of workers were in construction or related industries at the peak of the boom, is madness, and can only lead to disaster.

If AE-P wanted to make the point that austerity and liberalisation didn't work, he'd be better to go Spain or Portugal or Ireland or Estonia or Latvia, all of whom have wholeheartedly swallowed the bitter medicine dished out by Mrs Merkel. Instead he focuses on what I'd consider the new sick man of Europe, France. Which, alongside Italy, is the only country to refuse the medicine.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

And from my city -

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/local/localbrad/9809113.Roads_in_Bradford_and_Leeds__most_congested_in_England_/

To be fair I'd be queuing to leave as well, and I say that as someone who lives in Yorkshire.
  • Options
    saddened said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

And from my city -

To be fair I'd be queuing to leave as well, and I say that as someone who lives in Yorkshire.
    The tories won't win votes in the north that way mr saddened ;-)

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

Am I the only person who thinks AE-P at The Telegraph is wonderfully, bonkersly, insane?

Nope.

Good writer though. Soothsaying abilities not as strong as his prose. I think he has actually calmed down since the late 90s(?), which is about the last time I regularly read the print edition. Back then I had him down as a bit batty on his pet subjects, of which he had plenty.
  • Options
    I used to commute between Leeds and Sowerby Bridge. Great drive.
  • Options

saddened said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

And from my city -

They will in Harrogate.

• Options
    saddened said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

And from my city -

May I ask what part of our great county you live mr saddened ?

• Options
    The GOP civil war continues apace with "unlimited cash" the new weapon against the tea party factions.
    POLITICO ‏@politico 8m

GOP super PACs gear up to fight tea party http://politi.co/1hTC5eE
  • Options
    'Our splash: interesting the Tories now have their own version of 'use it or lose it' after Ed Miliband conference attack on land banks' gallagher
  • Options
    saddened said:

saddened said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

And from my city -

They will in Harrogate.

you live in Harrogate ?

• Options
    I don't blame Ed for keeping policies back if the Tories are going to nick them all.
  • Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

But surely an increasing birthrate is a good thing? Or would you prefer the UK to become an ageing,sclerotic society like Japan or Italy?
  • Options
    Carola said:

'Our splash: interesting the Tories now have their own version of 'use it or lose it' after Ed Miliband conference attack on land banks' gallagher

Communists.

• Options
    tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

Champers everyone!

Champagne is not, as is assumed on the right wing fringe, always a product of white grapes, the Pinot Noir gives the great blends their longevity, robustness and complexity.

Who cares what the working class and immigrants think about immigration and its effects when we can have Champagne quaffing socialist luvvies reading govt commissioned reports at us?!!

• Options
    Carola said:

Link with details?
  • Options

saddened said:

saddened said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

And from my city -

They will in Harrogate.

you live in Harrogate ?

yes

• Options
    AE-P has also made the mistake - as have many others to be fair - of thinking that shale oil == oil shale. (I prefer the designation tight oil, to differentiate it from immature oil.)

Two minutes on the phone fact checking his article, or talking to anybody who knew anything about the oil industry, would have told him that the Green River formation in Colorado was not an extraordinary opportunity that could be opened up through fraccing.
  • Options
    isam - I'm still confused by why you think your good fortune to be born on this island allows you to decide who else should live and work here
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Carola said:

Lets hope its as useless, insipid and as irrelevant as the Labour plan.

• Options

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

But surely an increasing birthrate is a good thing? Or would you prefer the UK to become an ageing,sclerotic society like Japan or Italy?
    70 million population is far too much for an island smaller than Michigan (population less than 10 million)
  • Options
    BobajobBobajob Posts: 1,536
    isam said:

tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

Champers everyone!

Champagne is not, as is assumed on the right wing fringe, always a product of white grapes, the Pinot Noir gives the great blends their longevity, robustness and complexity.

Who cares what the working class and immigrants think about immigration and its effects when we can have Champagne quaffing socialist luvvies reading govt commissioned reports at us?!!

Are we having champagne, comrades?
  • Options
    Next said:

Carola said:

Link with details?
    It's on the fp front page.
  • Options
    Neil said:

Carola said:

Communists.

We are all Marxists now Comrade Neil.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,921
    isam said:

Balanced panel on HIGNFY, Godfrey Bloom and Victoria Coren

One of the best HIGNFY in some time. I haven't seen Mrs J so angry since I mistakenly called feminists 'bra-burners'.

Which reminds me: all the world's energy problems would be sorted if we could only work out how to generate power from righteous indignation. ;-)

Oh, and Godfrey Bloom is an arse. UKIP are better off without him. Sadly, as HIGNFY showed, he will always be connected with the party.They should have chucked him months earlier.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Freggles said:
    On the other hand, guns are successfully used defensively to prevent crime in the USA on average 2082 times every day. That more than outweighs the rare incident that brings the gun control wackos out of the woodwork.

We'd all be safer if we had concealed carry laws. I'm all for carrying a gun here.

• Options
    Carola said:

I don't blame Ed for keeping policies back if the Tories are going to nick them all.

That's unfortunately the problem.
  • Options

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

70 million population is far too much for an island smaller than Michigan (population less than 10 million)
    If the population is intolerably high surely people will stop coming here so it settles down to a lower level?
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

I'm all for carrying a gun here.

In Gibraltar? How long before some gun nut sets off an international incident?
  • Options
    Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

If the population is intolerably high surely people will stop coming here so it settles down to a lower level?
    Depends if you keep giving them free money or not.
    That massively trumps a bit of restricted elbow-room.

• Options
    Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Have you been to Hong Kong ? Not sure the density limit has been reached yet.
  • Options
    Totally Insignificant Meaning: Three-letters.

Is the clue too obvious...?
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Surely people who dont receive free money will stop coming here if the population is intolerably high?
  • Options

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

70 million,some on here wouldn't mind if it trebled with just immigration and that's just in England.

• Options
    Bobajob said:

Carola said:

That's unfortunately the problem.
    Yes, and the previous Labour govt never nicked Tory ideas ever...
  • Options
    Neil said:

GeoffM said:

The Guardia Civil have guns. Always a sensible idea to level the playing field.

• Options
    tim said:

@rcs1000

After his book about the Clintons covering up various murders I'd assumed everyone thought he was bonkers.

As conspiracy theories go, AEP's are pretty solid without coming near the classics of the genre. Enough bits that might just be half true, to cover over the lack of any truly convincing evidence. The Tap is better, in my opinion: by luck or judgment he has found a way to sacrifice a few ounces of believability, for an extra pound of compelling story. AEP hasn't quite got the balance right, perhaps held back by his need to retain a career as professional journalist (or at least, mainstream columnist). His tales of dark whispers in Washington or grand designs schemed out by evil Eurocrats are staid, conventional and a bit dull really. But he shows promise. I hope that after retirement, his leash will be freer, and the rovings of his mind can be wilder and a little more entertaining.
  • Options

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Why? Japan has twice as many people as the UK in an area about 50% bigger.. Many countries are much more densely populated than the UK .
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    GeoffM said:

Freggles said:
    On the other hand, guns are successfully used defensively to prevent crime in the USA on average 2082 times every day. That more than outweighs the rare incident that brings the gun control wackos out of the woodwork.

We'd all be safer if we had concealed carry laws. I'm all for carrying a gun here.

GeoffM said:

Freggles said:

So you would like American homicide rates over British ones? Or are you just talking about wealthy landowners protecting themselves from burglars, you don't mind if inner city kids shoot each other?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Telegraph fp:

Saturday's Daily Telegraph front page - "Build new home now 'or lose planning permission'" #tomorrowspaperstoday pic.twitter.com/6yV7aFstAr
    suttonnick
  • Options
    Neil said:

GeoffM said:

Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Surely people who dont receive free money will stop coming here if the population is intolerably high?
    Yes, perfect. Because the people who are looking for free money are the ones we want and the self-sufficent ones are those we'd like to go elsewhere. Or something.

• Options
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Surely Japan is the UKIP model, have population density sorted out by limiting immigration to almost nothing then watch as the population reduces by a third as they all die off in a mountain of debt and falling birth rates
    No,the area where you live is the ukip model.
  • Options
    Charles said:

The 2016 election....
    I hear Rod Crosby has evidence that Mike was born outside the United States. Can he produce a birth certificate?
  • Options
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Surely Japan is the UKIP model, have population density sorted out by limiting immigration to almost nothing then watch as the population reduces by a third as they all die off in a mountain of debt and falling birth rates
    Think the Ukip model is Sicily or Alabama.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    The Daily Mail defends a convicted murderer, interesting...
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799
    tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

Champers everyone!

Non-vintage Champagne is bit overrated. There's some outstanding Cava and Prosecco that's cheaper.

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

isam - I'm still confused by why you think your good fortune to be born on this island allows you to decide who else should live and work here

Is this a commet upon the stupid abortion-laws that exist within England Junior? Or just a misplaced, ill-thought comment that exposes the butterfly-effect...?

• Options
    Freggles said:

GeoffM said:

Freggles said:

GeoffM said:

Freggles said:

So you would like American homicide rates over British ones? Or are you just talking about wealthy landowners protecting themselves from burglars, you don't mind if inner city kids shoot each other?
    It doesn't work like that in the real world:
    Nations with stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those that do not. The study found that the nine European nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership (5,000 or fewer guns per 100,000 population) have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of the nine nations with the highest rates of gun ownership (at least 15,000 guns per 100,000 population).
    "Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International and Some Domestic Evidence." Volume 30, Number 2 of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pp. 649-694)

• Options

There is a fantastic excerpt in the Guardian from yesterday's hearing of the Miranda judicial review by the Divisional Court:

[Jason] Beer [QC, counsel for the Commissioner of the Police of the Metropolis] added: "The police had received a request from the security services to make the stop seem as routine as possible." Between 60,000 and 100,000 people a year are examined in port stops every year. "The definition of section one [of the Terrorism Act] is exceptionally broad … Terrorism is terrorism, whatever the motives"

At that point Mr Justice Ouseley, one of three judges considering the case, intervened to comment: "Just as well it was not in force during world war two, it might have applied to the French Resistance."
    The next time a Labour supporter criticises anyone for describing Mandela as a terrorist, they should gently be reminded that there is no doubt that the ANC in the 1980s was a terrorist organisation, if one accepts the definition of terrorism which the Labour Party introduced.

Trying to apply law to war, an inherently lawless activity, leaves one tangled up in dilemnas.

• Options
    Neil said:

GeoffM said:

Surely you're old enough (and Irish enough) to remember this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_on_the_Rock
  • Options
    Bobajob said:

Charles said:

The 2016 election....
    I hear Rod Crosby has evidence that Mike was born outside the United States. Can he produce a birth certificate?
    Writing still wasn't a commonly accepted innovation when Mike was born ;-)
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

In the same way that one's good fortune to inherit a house entitles one to decide who will occupy it, IMHO.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

tim said:

TGOHF said:

Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Actually, I think the UKIP model is Russia. Nationalistic, xenophobic, an unswerving belief that they are right and the rest of the world is wrong and p*ssed out of their heads most of the time.

• Options
    Good evening, everyone.

The article list is quite right, Dr. Parma is indeed number 1.
  • Options
    tim said:

Sean_F said:

tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

isam said:

tim said:

Champers everyone!

Non-vintage Champagne is bit overrated. There's some outstanding Cava and Prosecco that's cheaper.

I'm with you there brother, give me a bottle of top Prosecco and a decent red for the same price as a bog standard Champagne every day.
    I've done wine at weddings where the couple have saved a grand and drunk much better stuff by making that decision, but you'd be amazed by how many people refuse to drop Champagne
    At mine, we served Freixenet which was far better than standard champagne.

• Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312
    MikeK said:

Some good points and comments on the status of the BBC, below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2492363/BBC-big-left-wing-ignored-critics-immigration-Brussels-head-news-admits.html

But it's mighty funny how these sort of managers keep quiet to whats going on until after they receive their golden handshake.

Rather unfunny, actually.

Those managers happily kept quiet about paedophiles raping children at the BBC and did absolutely nothing about it.

At the same time they launched an unbelievably hypocritical campaign against the Roman Catholic Church over clerical child abuse.

Time the BBC was abolished.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,921
    tim said:

Oh lord, the Tories are going to collectivise Surrey

@suttonnick: Saturday's Daily Telegraph front page - "Build new home now 'or lose planning permission'" #tomorrowspaperstoday http://t.co/6yV7aFstAr

Can't read the text, but going from the headline: there's a world of difference between losing planning permission and being forced to sell the land.
  • Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    edited November 2013

Actually, I think the UKIP model is Russia. Nationalistic, xenophobic, an unswerving belief that they are right and the rest of the world is wrong and p*ssed out of their heads most of the time.

A sensible analysis would assign these attriutes to anyone who felt that their "homeland" should be represented by it's populace* or morals**. I take it you do not fill the "sensible" criteria (or you have embued in that 'Friday' feeling).

:oops:

* Not ethnicity nor religion. [Unlike the Bogtrotters.]
    ** Rule-of-Law and not EU part-time expense-monkees....
  • Options

tim said:

Oh lord, the Tories are going to collectivise Surrey

@suttonnick: Saturday's Daily Telegraph front page - "Build new home now 'or lose planning permission'" #tomorrowspaperstoday http://t.co/6yV7aFstAr

Can't read the text, but going from the headline: there's a world of difference between losing planning permission and being forced to sell the land.
    In fact it's the opposite, given that no one will be able to build on the land, if planning permission is retracted.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Logically, it ends with incest !
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

oh well

• Options

TGOHF said:

tim said:

TGOHF said:

Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Like I said UKIP are realists, as for 'an unswerving belief that they are right and everyone else is wrong' that applies to every single elected MP currently serving. I personally see nothing wrong with being proud of where you come from, if others see that as nationalistic or xenophobic that's up to them, though of course if you are a Serb, Croat, Scottish, Welsh etc it's seen as a good thing, if you are English you are a jingoistic xenophobe.

Seems to me the political elite are one and the same, this country needs change from the self serving, smug Liberal elite and the ordinary man and woman need to have their views, fears and concerns taken into consideration.

Not one of the 650 current MP's is prepared to do that, witness the smug preening of Nick Palmer to get some idea of where I'm coming from.

• Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    edited November 2013
    surbiton said:

Logically, it ends with incest Islam!

As a spawn of a Turk I conclude:
    • You are clueless,
    • You ignore the inbreeding that encourages Postal-Votes (Labour) within the UK and Punjab, and
    • You are not very bright.
    Easy to speak-of when you understand little. How happy you must be....
  • Options
    surbiton said:

tim said:

TGOHF said:

Neil said:

From the other thread:

anothernick said:
    » show previous quotes

Logically, it ends with incest !
    Vice is nice, but incest is best.

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

surbiton said:

Logically, it ends with incest Islam!

As a spawn of a Turk I conclude:
    • You are clueless,
    • You ignore the inbreeding that encourages Postal-Votes (Labour) within the UK and Punjab, and
    • You are not very bright.
    Easy to speak-of when you understand little. How happy you must be....
    Que ?

• Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Well done Andrea!
This discussion has been closed.