Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Might Trump be impeached after leaving office?

12346»

Comments

• tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165

I suspect Tommy Robinson didn't endear himself to the judges today with his choice of attire.

An Australian cricket shirt?
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,575
    Adil !
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,851

If it is ok to no platform the BNP, it is surely ok to no platform the Labour Party

Why give a platform to racists?

Silly to use hyperbole when the case does not require it.

Apologies if you were being satirical rather than serious.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,084
    What the aftermath of the Darroch affair underlines is that, unusually for the Tories, they are going to have a leader taking office who begins with a significant cadre of internal opponents in the parliamentary party (and beyond).
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969

NEW THREAD

• NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,575
    Nigelb said:

Adil !

Rashid !
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,084
    Great speech by McFadden in Parliament:

”Does the minister share this concern that this attack on the civil service is part of the broader attack on institutions essential to the functioning of our democracy? Judges called enemies of the people. MPs called traitors to their country. Broadcasters vilified as having hidden agendas. Our democracy is under fire and those who value and cherish it must speak up and defend it. Whipping up anger against one institution after another, and dressing it up as an attack on the establishment, is doing profound harm to the country and we must call it out for the insidious agenda that it is”
  • oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    edited July 2019
    kinabalu said:

If it is ok to no platform the BNP, it is surely ok to no platform the Labour Party

Why give a platform to racists?

Silly to use hyperbole when the case does not require it.

Apologies if you were being satirical rather than serious.
    I don't believe in no platforming - as it is important to allow bigots to be exposed and challenged.

But the more lies and smears on the topic of antisemitism that I hear/see coming from Labour Party members/supporters/outriders, the more I am tempted to change my mind
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    How's that trade war going, Mr Trump?

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1149281210738388993
  • oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    118 for 5 now... how things can change in the space of a couple of balls
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,851
    Pulpstar said:

Robinson and the MSM are in a symbiotic relationship on this one. He tees it up and they bury it into the goal. He gets oodles of publicity, they get a villain on the right.
    The sentence will be a net positive for him financially undoubtedly too - keeps him in the media which is a far bigger win for him than a few months inside (He's long since been unemployable in a regular job).

Correct, I think. TR is essentially a man on the make. It's about ego and money.

As it is for a lot of these types.
  • CiceroCicero Posts: 2,181
    edited July 2019

Gerard Batten's going to very upset now.

So will Katie.

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/1149226644277727232

I've just noticed that she and Yaxley have more or less the same hair style. If they're going to stick it on a hairdressers style sample pic, I'd call it SS-Panzerdivision "Hitlerjugend", 1944.
    Yaxley-Lennon is a football hooligan with a history of convictions for violence. La Hopkins lied about her epilepsy in order to get into Sandhurst -which is itself conduct unbecoming-and has repeatedly been forced to pay substantial libel settlements to various parties because well... she's a liar.

So yes, they are both far right but they are also both essentially criminals and for that reason they should be ignored as any kind of serious commentators.

The fact that the far right are always trying to break the rules doesn't make them radicals, it makes them fools.
  • MangoMango Posts: 1,013
    GIN1138 said:

Cabinet return on the cards for Michael Fallon?
    Can't have a Tory cabinet without at least one Disgraced Former Defence Secretary. Or maybe three.
  • CiceroCicero Posts: 2,181
    TOPPING said:

kinabalu said:

TOPPING said:

If Boris becomes leader then yes I might well do.

(see what fun it is not to be blindly loyal to "your" party?)

I like that 'if'. Because, yes, it's not death and it's not taxes.

Point taken on blind loyalty - that is never good in politics - but I sense that I am more left than you are right (of centre) if you know what I mean.

What is the calculus of your seat as a matter of interest?
    It's a shocker. Went from super-marginal Lab/Con to very safe Lab (all Green went Lab, all UKIP went Cons). Lab 33k, Cons 19k, LD 3k in 2017.

It's super-remain so Cons will have lost many (not me) to Lab in the belief that of course Corbyn won't get in (as told to me on the doorstep) but that was last time as for next time?

I would say there are 5-10k "homeless" votes up for grabs, perhaps more if you include people like me who voted Cons but are rapidly becoming disillusioned with the twats taking over the party since Grey May.

So a huge ask for the LibDems but not out of the question. Lab lose 15k, Cons lose 5k, LD gain 18k = LD gain for the seat. Lab losing 15k? Perhaps not but not impossible.
    I think this is what is making the next election look so unpredictable. On the doorstep (its a Tory seat at the moment but with a long Lib Dem history) I'm finding life-long Tories who are denouncing the party, the leadership and -especially- Boris. I could certainly see huge swings in some very unexpected places.
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,047

Mr. Punter, I don't believe that.

The only confirmed astroturfer, as they were known in happier times, was Coldstone.

Mr. Walker, I can understand that perspective. That said, I have far greater fears of the far left than an egotistical idiot, and live in a red/blue marginal.

@Luckyguy1983 was accused of being a Putin operative quite a bit.

I note he was the first to rush to Trump’s defence over Darrochgate, too.
    Did you? Where did you notice that?
This discussion has been closed.