Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The money goes on an early exit for Corbyn

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    Oh shit...Yorkshire's finest ginger is injured.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    Sean_F said:

I've just posted off a ballot for Jeremy Hunt.

Is Hunt winning among PB Tories? Is anyone keeping count?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298
    edited July 2019

It's amazing the difference in how the anti semitism stuff runs and runs and sticks to Corbyn like glue yet the much bigger problem with the Tories and muslims gets barely a mention in compariosn. I would say its odd but it isn't. We really are colour blind as a nation when it comes to racism and prejudice. The Tories hating on predominantly Brown people is clearly an acceptable prejudice when neither should be.

I don't have the numbers to hand but how many cases/complaints of Islamophobia is the Cons' dispute team handling at the moment?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    TOPPING said:

It's amazing the difference in how the anti semitism stuff runs and runs and sticks to Corbyn like glue yet the much bigger problem with the Tories and muslims gets barely a mention in compariosn. I would say its odd but it isn't. We really are colour blind as a nation when it comes to racism and prejudice. The Tories hating on predominantly Brown people is clearly an acceptable prejudice when neither should be.

I don't have the numbers to hand but how many cases/complaints of Islamophobia is the Cons' dispute team handling at the moment?
    And is there any evidence that #10 are interfering in them / putting certain people on the "independent" panels to ensure certain outcomes?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187

I don't see the point in wasting energy on constantly attacking someone or something that won't see your attacks and would ignore them if they did.

Better to focus on what you can change - at least that is how I view things.

It is why I saw no point in the protests outside Blenheim when Trump visited - he was never going to pay attention. It might make the protesters feel better inside but it won't change a thing.

Everyone has the right to protest, rant, rail against whatever they like (within the law) but that isn't my way of operating.

I'm sure when you feel strongly about an issue you make your voice heard even in the knowledge that you personally do not have the power to make a material impact on it.

You would be very quiet otherwise because that goes for almost every big political issue, if you think about it.

Ergo we conclude that you do not feel strongly about this one - Trump in the White House.

Which, as per my original post, is something I struggle to understand.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419

kinabalu said:

I see he's retweeting Katie Hopkins as well...

Who he will be aware is a notorious far right activist who promotes extreme racist views.

This, my fellow posters, is the President of the USA.

WTF.
    If the USA (indeed the world) survives this, they will need to spend a lot of time fixing a constitution that has allowed someone who is dangerously ill and/or unhinged to become president.

The 25th is supposed to be the way to deal with this, but it clearly doesn't work if the Cabinet are all place men and the rest of the governing party doesn't care.
    Trump doesn't appear any more mentally abnormal now than he was at inauguration or election. It'd be wrong to override the electorate just because they elected a dick.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,274

kinabalu said:

Who he will be aware is a notorious far right activist who promotes extreme racist views.

WTF.
    If the USA (indeed the world) survives this, they will need to spend a lot of time fixing a constitution that has allowed someone who is dangerously ill and/or unhinged to become president.

The 25th is supposed to be the way to deal with this, but it clearly doesn't work if the Cabinet are all place men and the rest of the governing party doesn't care.
    Is there a sanity test for UK PM?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,992

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

He might even reach 30% now then!!
    Er, you do realise Boris will be a complete disaster for the Country and (long term) the Tory Party?
    No, Boris will be a great leader for the country and a brilliant leader for the Tory Party too.
    Maybe even in the Churchill and Thatcher league of Tory leadets if all goes well.

However you are Labour anyway
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,816
    IanB2 said:

kinabalu said:

WTF.

I've looked at the various documents that make up the constitution, and can say that there ain't no sanity clause.

(I'll get my coat)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

Er, you do realise Boris will be a complete disaster for the Country and (long term) the Tory Party?
    No, Boris will be a great leader for the country and a brilliant leader for the Tory Party too.
    Maybe even in the Churchill and Thatcher league of Tory leadets if all goes well.
    Another keeper..l
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Sean_F said:

Is Hunt winning among PB Tories? Is anyone keeping count?
    I have voted for Boris, I believe Gin, Philip Thompson, Viceroy of Orange and MarqueeMark snd Mortimer are also Boris supporters, almost everyone else for Hunt
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836

Sean_F said:

At least there are some members who don't want their party to become a branch of Trump's regime.
    I don't care much about Trump one way of the other. I'm more concerned that Boris would be another Jeremy Thorpe.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,985
    HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

I am not convinced, either. If there is an election in the wind, he’ll want one more go, and we won’t be clear of possible electoral imminence until Bozo has settled in and until after halloween, and with a likely further extension, probably not until early 2020.

There will be no further extension under Boris, he will refuse to request another one so we Brexit Deal or No Deal on October 31st unless Parliament first tries to force one and Macron does not veto it anyway
    So, if the EU says "yes, we will renegotiate the backstop", then Boris will say:

"Ha! No time, sorry suxxers. We're out we No Deal"?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836

Corbyn has only himself to blame if it sticks to him like glue.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

How can a Remainer such as yourself be in favour of that arch Leaver Boris?
  • Options
    What are England doing against Lyon...they just need to dink it around for 1s.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,426
    TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

He's like a Jihadi convert who has strapped on the suicide belt of Boris/No Deal.
  • Options

YJB's is lame, cannot run singles at the moment, so has to be boundaries.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

I am not convinced, either. If there is an election in the wind, he’ll want one more go, and we won’t be clear of possible electoral imminence until Bozo has settled in and until after halloween, and with a likely further extension, probably not until early 2020.

There will be no further extension under Boris, he will refuse to request another one so we Brexit Deal or No Deal on October 31st unless Parliament first tries to force one and Macron does not veto it anyway
    So, if the EU says "yes, we will renegotiate the backstop", then Boris will say:

They won't so it won't be an issue.

At most if Boris wins a majority by early autumn he will remove the temporary Customs Union for GB which May imposed and then pass the Withdrawal Agreement and let Northern Ireland voters decide whether to join GB on that basis or keep the backstop by referendum
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,215

In all the hubbub about the Panorama programme about anti-Semitism and Labour's response, no one seems to have realised that the allegations made in the programme are of direct bearing to the EHRC investigation into the Labour party. That was always going to be difficult for Labour and it now looks set to become devastating for the party leadership's vestigial credibility.

Meanwhile, those Labour MPs purportedly opposed to the party's tolerance of anti-Semitism are continuing to do nothing meaningful.

Haven't the cult already decided the EHRC are run by the Zionists?
    I believe it is funded by Israel.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

kinabalu said:

WTF.

No, technically you can be a serial killer and become PM if you win enough votes as long as you are not serving more than a year in prison at the time
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,058
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

At most if Boris wins a majority by early autumn he will remove the temporary Customs Union for GB which May imposed and then pass the Withdrawal Agreement and let Northern Ireland voters decide whether to join GB on that basis or keep the backstop by referendum
    "Remove the temporary Customs Union for GB" = renegotiate the backstop. There won't be time to do it in between a General Election and October 31st. When do you propose the referendum in Northern Ireland should be?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586

See ball; hit ball.
    Play too cautious a game, and you risk being becalmed, and sometimes the best way to deal with a decent spinner is attack them early.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

Boris won the Brexit vote, Boris can therefore deliver Brexit
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I noticed some in the last thread using the Laffer Curve as an excuse to support their preconceptions rather than as an argument.

The giveaway is when they seem unaware that the same Laffer Curve also says that raising taxes can increase revenue and lowering them can reduce revenue.

The key variable is where we are on the curve; those who try to cite it as an excuse for a tax cut automatically seem to assume that we are, no matter the conditions or the current tax level, always on the right hand side of the peak, with not even the slightest attempt to justify that position.

"It can increase revenue by reducing taxes" instantly mutates into "It will increase revenue by reducing taxes." It is just as fallacious as the opposite automatic assumption; that raising taxes automatically increases revenue. It's very rare for either type of advocate to try to make the case legitimately.

There's also a difference between the short term and the long-term. If you put corporation tax up to 75% tomorrow, it would probably raise money in the short term. Longer term, it would change behaviour, and revenues would fall.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

Boris won the Brexit vote, Boris can therefore deliver Brexit
    We shall see. I just wonder why you, as a remainer, seem to be such a supporter of his.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,289
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

Another day, another blinkered view of your Messiah
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,288
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

No more drugs for HYUFD!
    HYUFD said:

You voted REMAIN, you are a closet REMAINER anyway!
    (and I last voted Labour in 2015, and I voted LEAVE in 2016, Tory in 2017 and BXP in 2019)
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

In all the hubbub about the Panorama programme about anti-Semitism and Labour's response, no one seems to have realised that the allegations made in the programme are of direct bearing to the EHRC investigation into the Labour party. That was always going to be difficult for Labour and it now looks set to become devastating for the party leadership's vestigial credibility.

Meanwhile, those Labour MPs purportedly opposed to the party's tolerance of anti-Semitism are continuing to do nothing meaningful.

Aren't we all these days? Unless, that is, we are pure believers of the one true faith.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

No more drugs for HYUFD!
    HYUFD said:

(and I last voted Labour in 2015, and I voted LEAVE in 2016, Tory in 2017 and BXP in 2019)
    Worse than Chuka.
  • Options

On twitter I've been accused of being a Zionist and being funded by Israel.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

At least there are some members who don't want their party to become a branch of Trump's regime.
    I don't care much about Trump one way of the other. I'm more concerned that Boris would be another Jeremy Thorpe.
    Who plays the role of Cyril Smith in this scenario?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

No more drugs for HYUFD!
    HYUFD said:

Worse than Chuka.
    There is a councillor in Rochdale I think who has switched from Labour to LD to Brexit Party in the space of about 6 months. That is quite some journey
  • Options
    Light rain at the cricket... can we get to 20 overs?
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,816
    rcs1000 said:

I noticed some in the last thread using the Laffer Curve as an excuse to support their preconceptions rather than as an argument.

The giveaway is when they seem unaware that the same Laffer Curve also says that raising taxes can increase revenue and lowering them can reduce revenue.

The key variable is where we are on the curve; those who try to cite it as an excuse for a tax cut automatically seem to assume that we are, no matter the conditions or the current tax level, always on the right hand side of the peak, with not even the slightest attempt to justify that position.

"It can increase revenue by reducing taxes" instantly mutates into "It will increase revenue by reducing taxes." It is just as fallacious as the opposite automatic assumption; that raising taxes automatically increases revenue. It's very rare for either type of advocate to try to make the case legitimately.

There's also a difference between the short term and the long-term. If you put corporation tax up to 75% tomorrow, it would probably raise money in the short term. Longer term, it would change behaviour, and revenues would fall.
    People also tend to omit consideration of the tax incidence in such discussions as well.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

No more drugs for HYUFD!
    HYUFD said:

Worse than Chuka.
    No, I never voted for Change UK/TIG! :)
  • Options
    Does Smith want this over early ?
  • Options
    I don't want to DavidL Jason Roy but bloody hell!
  • Options
    3 Consecutive 6s from Roy
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    That's the way to treat the cheat Smith
  • Options
    148grss148grss Posts: 3,679
    Answering myself, https://britainelects.com/polling/westminster/

Aggregate polling, ignoring hypothetical PMs, puts Lab slightly ahead, but a Con / BXP gov possible depending on where the BXP vote is.

So Lab isn't in too dire straits.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
    England almost up to Boris levels of certainty now.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,010

Don't need to, there's a reserve day
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205

I have. See what I wrote regarding the response to the EHRC as per Tom Watson's interview this morning. If true, it is an extraordinary way to respond to an external authority.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

England almost up to Boris levels of certainty now.

I won't be relaxed about this until the fat lady has done her song and the roadies have come on to put the mic away...
  • Options

We do, if there's fewer than 20 overs bowled today and tomorrow is a complete wash out then Australia qualify.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

No more drugs for HYUFD!
    HYUFD said:

Not my personal trajectory, but you have to say that Sunil's choice to vote for three different parties in three successive elections without having to have changed his own political opinion at all is quite remarkable.

(I'm not second guessing Sunil's reasons for voting - he may have had some major rethinking in the last five years for all I know - my point is that he wouldn't have had to.)
  • Options

From the BBC

If it rains before England have batted for 20 overs and they are not able to resume today then we will come back again tomorrow and use the reserve day, resuming from the score England are on when the match is stopped.

Once England have batted 20 overs this match will be decided today, using the DLS method if necessary.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Sean_F said:

No more drugs for HYUFD!
    HYUFD said:

Worse than Chuka.
    There is a councillor in Rochdale I think who has switched from Labour to LD to Brexit Party in the space of about 6 months. That is quite some journey
    How's this for a journey:

Labour 1997
    Labour 1998 (locals)
    Red Ken independent 2000
    LD 2001
    LD 2002 (locals)
    LD 2004 (London Mayor and Euros)
    LD 2005
    LD 2006 (Cambridge locals)
    LD 2007 (Cambridge locals)
    Con 2008 (Boris (!!!!!!))
    LD 2008 (London Assembly)
    Con 2009 (Euros)
    Con 2010
    No2AV 2011
    Con 2012 (Boris (!!!!!))
    UKIP 2014 (Euros)
    Labour 2015 (um, I felt sorry for EICIPM!)
    Leave 2016
    Con 2017
    BXP 2019 (um, just for a bit of fun!)

• Options
    England DLS par score from here is around 500 I think...
  • Options
    Shocking review by YBJ.

The collapse is on.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

England DLS par score from here is around 500 I think...

Great opening wicket stand, over half the job done already.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Shocking review by YBJ.

The collapse is on.

Squeaky bum time...good job England bat deep...
  • Options
    So what are we going to spend our Hunt winnings on?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Mr. Borough, I'd laugh my head off if Boris lost.

I think he's pretty much nailed on, to be honest. Alas.
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679
    How long does it take to post from Moscow these days?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187

I would tentatively postulate 2 sides to this coin.

Heads -

Because Jews are white, some on the Labour Left think they cannot be valid victims of racism. Thus some on the Labour Left (in their heart of hearts) do not consider antisemitism to be a serious matter. They pretend they do but, really, they don't.

Tails -

Because Jews are white, a significant number of other white people (in their heart of hearts) consider prejudice against them to be ESPECIALLY serious, and certainly more serious than prejudice against people who are not white, such as Muslims. These people therefore consider antisemitism to be toxic in a way that islamophobia, for example, is not. Most of the people who think this way, although by no means all of them, happen to be Tories.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Pulpstar said:

It might be a bit of a bubble but the US stock market has done very well under Trump.

Hasn't it done worse than under Obama?
  • Options
    DayTripperDayTripper Posts: 129
    edited July 2019
    Well, assuming our future PM is who everybody expects it to be, when somebody refers to him with the c-word, at least we'll know that's what they think and it's not a Freudian slip.
  • Options

let me count the ways
  • Options
    If I was Johnny Bairstow I'd be avoiding Jason Roy.

Fecking useless review.
  • Options
    Roy was not out. Dreadful decision
  • Options
    Oh god....I don't think I can watch now....
  • Options

Not even close...could drive a tractor through that gap....bloody cheating Australians...
  • Options

Even worse than Bairstow's review.
  • Options
    20 overs bowled
  • Options

If I was Johnny Bairstow I'd be avoiding Jason Roy.

Fecking useless review.

I have no idea what GingerNut thought was wrong about that LBW and why didn't he ask Roy first.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,280
    Nigelb said:

Yep. Unless he thought he’d hit it Bairstow’s review made no sense.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Nigelb said:

It was Shane Watson levels of review badness.
  • Options
    The Conservative party is morphing into the GOP before our eyes:

https://twitter.com/ProfTimBale/status/1149198151414427653
  • Options

Champagne!!!!

To celebrate the end of a likely Cabinet place for Lord Farage as Boris's deputy (following a 'suggestion' from Trump).
  • Options

DavidL said:

Nigelb said:

Compared to some of the mistakes England have made, it hardly figures, though. Better now than in a close final.
    We should just get on with winning the game calmly.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Nigelb said:

Almost Broad like.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

It might be a bit of a bubble but the US stock market has done very well under Trump.

DJIA annualised rate of growth under Trump is 13.4%, under Obama was 12.8%.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Googling Dharmasena howler is instructive...
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Nigelb said:

Almost Broad like.
    No, that would require a long and storied history of inexplicable reviews.
  • Options
    This piece of history is both hard to believe and rather touching. 1950s Manchester:

https://twitter.com/BBCArchive/status/1139548052547522560
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Nigelb said:

Almost Broad like.
    That’s why I said almost. Feel sorry for Roy who has been denied an excellent 100 but that’s the game. Hope that there are no consequences from his dissent.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

"Remove the temporary Customs Union for GB" = renegotiate the backstop. There won't be time to do it in between a General Election and October 31st. When do you propose the referendum in Northern Ireland should be?
    No, it can be done in an afternoon
    Barnier never required it, May did. There was never any temporary Customs Union for GB requirement by the EU only for NI.

With a majority the Withdrawal Agreement can be passed and Northern Ireland can have a confirmatory referendum after as to whether to keep the backstop or not
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Nigelb said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Nigelb said:

Almost Broad like.
    That’s why I said almost. Feel sorry for Roy who has been denied an excellent 100 but that’s the game. Hope that there are no consequences from his dissent.
    A few demerit points and banned from the final?
  • Options
    Shame about Roy being cheated of a likely century, but that first six off Starc was an extraordinary shot which will live long in the memory.

Though probably not in the coaching manual.
  • Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578
    I guess that is because the Tory :Party membership database is inaccurate, they have sent ballot ;papers to a lot of people who are dead, have moved, lost interest etc. Our new PM could well be elected by less than 50,000 people.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

Barnier never required it, May did. There was never any temporary Customs Union for GB requirement by the EU only for NI.

With a majority the Withdrawal Agreement can be passed and Northern Ireland can have a confirmatory referendum after as to whether to keep the backstop or not
    But May brought in the UK customs union because the DUP were adamant that they would not accept a NI one. I don’t think that has changed.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Nigelb said:

Shame about Roy being cheated of a likely century, but that first six off Starc was an extraordinary shot which will live long in the memory.

The final six of Steve Smith was the shot for me. The Warwickshire staff say it is the first time anyone has ever hit the media centre.

https://twitter.com/TheSportsman/status/1149333146200096768
  • Options
    MangoMango Posts: 1,013

How long does it take to post from Moscow these days?
    Moscow is happy with either of these idiots.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

Going back to the original NI-only backstop may be negotiable, but it does require the Withdrawal Agreement to be reopened, contrary to the UK's commitment to the EU. It will take more than an afternoon, and if Johnson's hypothetical majority wasn't secured on the basis of agreeing to an NI-only backstop, it would be doubtful he'd even get enough of his own MPs to vote for it.
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,735
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

I love the way it is seen as a relevant measure of a presidency even though we all know their influence on the stock market over a 4 year period is tiny compared to the noise.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

But May brought in the UK customs union because the DUP were adamant that they would not accept a NI one. I don’t think that has changed.
    Boris will throw the DUP under a bus if he wins a majority.

He only cares about GB leaving the EU, single market and Customs Union and getting a FTA with the EU, he will let Northern Ireland voters decide on the backstop by referendum, even the Sunday Times last week confirmed that was what some Boris aides were planning
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

(1) Why are you using the DJIA rather than the S&P500
    (2) You need to use total return (i.e. including dividends)
    (3) Stock market returns are a rubbish measure. Over the long term, returns from stocks will be about 7%. Anything more than that - especially over a period of a decade or more - merely sets you up for a nasty shock later when valuations mean revert
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

I love the way it is seen as a relevant measure of a presidency even though we all know their influence on the stock market over a 4 year period is tiny compared to the noise.
    It's all the Gov'ts fault when it goes wrong. Could affect re-election chances too...
  • Options
    Whatever Roy gets fined of his match fee Bairstow should cover from his!

Jeremy from Bristol
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

Going back to the original NI-only backstop may be negotiable, but it does require the Withdrawal Agreement to be reopened, contrary to the UK's commitment to the EU. It will take more than an afternoon, and if Johnson's hypothetical majority wasn't secured on the basis of agreeing to an NI-only backstop, it would be doubtful he'd even get enough of his own MPs to vote for it.
    He would as long as the temporary Customs Union for GB removed, plus some Labour MPs like Nandy have said they will vote for the Withdrawal Agreement now anyway.

The Withdrawal Agreement easily passes with a clear Tory majority
  • Options
    LauraK now reporting same news that less than half have voted in GOP Tory leadership election. CCHQ wont comment.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

He only cares about GB leaving the EU, single market and Customs Union and getting a FTA with the EU, he will let Northern Ireland voters decide on the backstop by referendum, even the Sunday Times last week confirmed that was what some Boris aides were planning

Have you not seen Johnson's speech at the DUP conference where he denounces the Northern Ireland component of the backstop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjubxheN6ME
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

Boris only wants to be PM and he promises whatever to whoever to achieve that and takes people in accordingly

• Options

Nigelb said:

The final six of Steve Smith was the shot for me. The Warwickshire staff say it is the first time anyone has ever hit the media centre.

https://twitter.com/TheSportsman/status/1149333146200096768
    Good, but given the bowler...
    Hitting Starc like that was unbelievable.

https://twitter.com/NickElliott91/status/1149322347612188672
This discussion has been closed.