Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Two new polls this afternoon with very different shares for LA

Comments

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,943
    dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Prepare for the battle with the fake news diehard Remainer media once Boris takes over too

Are you for real?

What will it be on November 1st when we haven't left? "Fake news! We left yesterday deal or no deal."
    We WILL leave on October 31st.

When Boris takes over it will be war, every second of every minute of every hour of every day will be focused on ensuring we Leave on October 31st and the will of the people is delivered by whatever means required
    By any means necessary?
    Any means
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

Just watched the Andrew Neil interview with Boris. He was appalling and I've a great sense of foreboding. What a shit.

Usual whingerama from diehard Remainers on here that we will finally have a PM who believes in Brexit and will deliver it on October 31st, Deal or No Deal as he confirmed to Neil.

Hunt I note refused to commit to Leave by Christmas
    Oh give it up . Yes we know you want Brexit delivered but the Johnson interview was a car crash .

It wasn't except for diehard Remainers who had already decided it would be
    I want Johnson to win the leadership . A Brexiter needs to own it . No more whining from Tory Leavers about May not believing enough .

The EU will not deliver a victory for Johnson , they despise him . Hunt who I can’t stand either has a far better chance of getting the UK out by October 31st with a deal .

Hunt doesn't as he cannot win a majority and without a Tory majority the Commons will not pass the Withdrawal Agreement
    How do you get a majority without calling an election ? And the Tories don’t want an election . The biggest threat to Remainers is Hunt as PM . With Bozo in charge the chance of us never leaving increase .

Bizarely some Leavers think all his waffle and threats will have an impact on the EU .
  • Options
    nico67 said:

The

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Re: Boris and obfustication. Some argue he's being clever and trying to keep his options open. I think the reality is that their are very few political questions to which he has really devoted much thought to developing a settled opinion. He is basically a classic professional opinion column journalist, prepared to deliver a column to order to satisfy his editor. Because he has taken little time to develop serious opinions he is very bad when put on the spot. He doesn't have months delay might result in a 'palatable' Brexit anyway?

My take as well. He is focused only on becoming PM atm because he wants to be the PM.

Once he is, it will be all about survival. Which means an extension in order to try and pass the Withdrawal Agreement.

Theresa in trousers.
    Nope, he will prorogue Parliament in order to enforce Brexit if necessary otherwise Farage will be PM instead.

The Withdrawal Agreement will only pass with a Tory majority, not with further extension
    How will Farage become PM instead? For a start there had to be an election. For second what scenario does Farage become PM as opposed ld pro-Brexit voters have a problem with that?
    If we do not Leave in October the Government will not have the guts to deliver Brexit in May either, so it will be PM Farage to do it instead
    And the scenario whereby Farage becomes PM?

If Boris does not take us out of the EU by October 31st Yougov has it being Brexit Party 24%, LDs 22%, Labour 20%, Tories 30%.

Of Hunt is PM and we have not left the EU by October 31st Yougov gives Brexit Party 27%, LDs 22%, Tories 21%, Labour 20%.

Either way it is PM Farage and it really would be straight to No Deal WTO terms then

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/07/12/voting-intention-con-24-brex-21-lab-20-lib-dem-19-
    It’s irrelevant, as long as Brexit is delivered before the next election then why would Tory voters still back Farage . And the ERG death cult aren’t going to bring their own government down as they’d end up with no Brexit at all .

If we do not Leave in October no Government bar a Farage one will take us out as the Tories will always put extension over No Deal in that case and the Commons will not pass the Withdrawal Agreement without a Tory majority which will be impossible with further extension, so PM Farage it will have to be
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    alex. said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Re: Boris and obfustication. Some argue he's being clever and trying to keep his options open. I think the reality is that their are very few political questions to which he has really devoted much thought to a 'palatable' Brexit anyway?

My take as well. He is focused only on becoming PM atm because he wants to be the PM.

Once he is, it will be all about survival. Which means an extension in order to try and pass the Withdrawal Agreement.

Theresa in trousers.
    Nope, he will prorogue Parliament in order to enforce Brexit if necessary otherwise Farage will be PM instead.

The Withdrawal Agreement will only pass with a Tory majority, not with further extension
    How will Farage become PM instead? For a start there had to be an election. For second what scenario does Farage become PM as opposed should pro-Brexit voters have a problem with that?
    If we do not Leave in October the Government will not have the guts to deliver Brexit in May either, so it will be PM Farage to do it instead

If Boris does not take us out of the EU by October 31st Yougov has it being Brexit Party 24%, LDs 22%, Labour 20%, Tories 30%.

Of Hunt is PM and we have not left the EU by October 31st Yougov gives Brexit Party 27%, LDs 22%, Tories 21%, Labour 20%.

Either way it is PM Farage and it really would be straight to No Deal WTO terms then

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/07/12/voting-intention-con-24-brex-21-lab-20-lib-dem-19-
    I’m guessing there is a typo in there, but even still how do those figures produce Farage as PM?

With Hunt they give the Brexit Party 352 seats and Farage a majority of 54 according to Electoral Calculus if Hunt does not deliver Brexit

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/cgi-bin/usercode.py?CON=19&LAB=18&LIB=22&Brexit=27&Green=2&UKIP=2&TVCON=&TVLAB=&TVLIB=&TVBrexit=&TVGreen=&TVUKIP=&SCOTCON=&SCOTLAB=&SCOTLIB=&SCOTBrexit=&SCOTGreen=&SCOTUKIP=&SCOTNAT=&display=AllChanged&regorseat=(none)&boundary=2017base

If Boris does not deliver Brexit they give the Brexit Party 277 seats to be largest party and likely able to form a government with the remaining 41 Tory MPs and 10 DUP MPs

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/cgi-bin/usercode.py?CON=20&LAB=22&LIB=20&Brexit=24&Green=2&UKIP=2&TVCON=&TVLAB=&TVLIB=&TVBrexit=&TVGreen=&TVUKIP=&SCOTCON=&SCOTLAB=&SCOTLIB=&SCOTBrexit=&SCOTGreen=&SCOTUKIP=&SCOTNAT=&display=AllChanged&regorseat=(none)&boundary=2017base
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

The

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Re: Boris and obfustication. Some argue he's being clever and trying to keep his options open. I think the reality is that their are very few political questions to which he has really devoted much thought to developing a settled opinion. He is basically a classic professional opinion column journalist, prepared to deliver a column to order to satisfy his editor. Because he has taken little time to develop serious opinions he is very bad when put on the spot. He doesn't have months delay might result in a 'palatable' Brexit anyway?

Theresa in trousers.

How will Farage become PM instead? For a start there had to be an election. For second what scenario does Farage become PM as opposed ld pro-Brexit voters have a problem with that?

It’s irrelevant, as long as Brexit is delivered before the next election then why would Tory voters still back Farage . And the ERG death cult aren’t going to bring their own government down as they’d end up with no Brexit at all .

If we do not Leave in October no Government bar a Farage one will take us out as the Tories will always put extension over No Deal in that case and the Commons will not pass the Withdrawal Agreement without a Tory majority which will be impossible with further extension, so PM Farage it will have to be
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,945
    nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

Just watched the Andrew Neil interview with Boris. He was appalling and I've a great sense of foreboding. What a shit.

Usual whingerama from diehard Remainers on here that we will finally have a PM who believes in Brexit and will deliver it on October 31st, Deal or No Deal as he confirmed to Neil.

Oh give it up . Yes we know you want Brexit delivered but the Johnson interview was a car crash .

I want Johnson to win the leadership . A Brexiter needs to own it . No more whining from Tory Leavers about May not believing enough .

The EU will not deliver a victory for Johnson , they despise him . Hunt who I can’t stand either has a far better chance of getting the UK out by October 31st with a deal .

Hunt doesn't as he cannot win a majority and without a Tory majority the Commons will not pass the Withdrawal Agreement
    How do you get a majority without calling an election ? And the Tories don’t want an election . The biggest threat to Remainers is Hunt as PM . With Bozo in charge the chance of us never leaving increase .

Bizarely some Leavers think all his waffle and threats will have an impact on the EU .
    Well. They are most certainly correct on the last point. Just not in any positive way.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

The

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Theresa in trousers.

PM Corbyn and a 2nd referendum is far more likely in that scenario.
  • Options
    nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

No, Hunt cannot pass the Withdrawal Agreement as he will not win over enough Labour MPs like May and he cannot win an election so will extend again.

Thus Hunt leads to a Brexit Party majority and Farage PM and just 19 Tory seats left as Yougov showed
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,161
    Labour. July 2019. An Opposition waiting to take power.

Not.

https://twitter.com/mattjamesssmith/status/1149739501473980416
  • Options
    edited July 2019

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

The

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Re: Boris and obfustication. Some argue he's being clever and trying to keep his options open. I think the reality is that their are very few lt in a 'palatable' Brexit anyway?

Theresa in trousers.

It’s irrelevant, as long as Brexit is delivered before the l .

PM Corbyn and a 2nd referendum is far more likely in that scenario.
    Nope, Labour on just 20% or 18% if we do not Leave the EU in October with Yougov, Corbyn Labour destroyed by the Brexit Party and LDs in such a scenario exactly like the Tories are whether Boris or Hunt PM
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Re: Boris and obfustication. Some argue he's being clever and trying to keep his options open. I think the reality is that their are very few political questions to which he has really devoted much thought to a 'palatable' Brexit anyway?

Theresa in trousers.

How will Farage become PM instead? For a start there had to be an election. For second what scenario does Farage become PM as opposed should pro-Brexit voters have a problem with that?

I’m guessing there is a typo in there, but even still how do those figures produce Farage as PM?

With Hunt they give the Brexit Party 352 seats and Farage a majority of 54 according to Electoral Calculus if Hunt does not deliver Brexit
    Ye gods will people stop quoting Electoral bleeding Calculus.

EC is basically applying UNS with some sensible but rudimentary adjustments to GE 2017. A quick look at current polling together with any awareness of the current political situation will tell you how that is not particularly relevant right now.

If you believe EC’s figures, justify them. Baxter’s model worked in normal times... but those times are long gone.
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274
    edited July 2019
    HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

No, Hunt cannot pass the Withdrawal Agreement as he will not win over enough Labour MPs like May and he cannot win an election so will extend again.

Thus Hunt leads to a Brexit Party majority and Farage PM and just 19 Tory seats left as Yougov showed
    Do you really believe this stuff with such mechanistic certainty at a time of unprecedented change and volatility?

Here's one:

Some time next week 20 Tory MPs come out to say they will not give Boris confidence. TM will then be unable to advise HMQ to send for Boris, even if he were to win the leadership. Result Boris withdraws (he cannot become PM) and Hunt is elected unopposed.

Unlikely? Maybe. But Boris performed abysmally with AFN today, and I suggest that plenty of Tories will just be waking up to the calamity they are about to visit on themselves.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,631
    Barnesian said:

The polls are all over the place. Steering a middle course with an exponential moving average (EMA) gives:

Con 23.9% Lab 24.3% LD 18.6% BXP 20.0% Grn 6.9%

Seats

Con 207
    Lab 244
    LD 63
    BXP 63
    PC 3
    Grn 1
    SNP 51
    NI 18

Con + BXP can't form government at 270.
    Lab + LD + SNP can form government at 358 (362 incl PC and Grn)

I think I've had this discussion before: to save repetition, are you the one who thinks you can meaningfully average polls from different companies (between-poll variation), wheras I insist it's the within-poll variation that's meaningful? It's just that I don't want to loop.
  • Options
    i missed this - boris actually warns Neill to get the detail right:

https://twitter.com/TyronWilson/status/1149815392296198145
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    edited July 2019
    How utterly scandalous that the police want to enforce the law.
  • Options
    Lords have tabled an amendment to the NI Bill. Effectively trying to put more roadblocks in the way of the new PM suspending Parliament . More might be added early next week.

The Bill is due to return to the Commons next Thursday .
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

Usual whingerama from diehard Remainers on here that we will e by Christmas

How do you get a majority without calling an election ? And e EU .

Do you really believe this stuff with such mechanistic certainty at a time of unprecedented change and volatility?

Here's one:

Some time next week 20 Tory MPs come out to say they will not give Boris confidence. TM will then be unable to advise HMQ to send for Boris, even if he were to win the leadership. Result Boris withdraws (he cannot become PM) and Hunt is elected unopposed.

Unlikely? Maybe. But Boris performed abysmally with AFN today, and I suggest that plenty of Tories will just be waking up to the calamity they are about to visit on themselves.
    I do believe if the Tory Party refuses to deliver Brexit then Leavers will get Farage to do it instead and diehard Remainers better be prepared for a Farage government.

If you think Hunt will be elected unopposed without a revolution from myself and most of the party membership and the ERG you are also completely clueless, not that Boris will withdraw as he has won the membership vote by a landslide already anyway.

The only calamity imposed on the Tories will be listening to diehard Remainers like you, Boris was fine today and committed to Brexit Deal or No Deal unlike Hunt who refused to rule out extending again
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,027
    HYUFD said:

I do believe if the Tory Party refuses to deliver Brexit then Leavers will get Farage to do it instead and Diehard Remainers better be prepared for a Farage government.

It seems to be you who is terrified of a Farage government, not the so-called 'Diehard Remainers'.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,692
    I suspect the "stupid junior officer" has a better understanding of the relevant law than George Osborne
  • Options
    I haven't seen the Neil/Boris gadfest. Let me guess. Thru unsycophantic questioning Neil exposed Boris as a dumb ass. It makes exactly zero difference to anything. Am I right?
  • Options
    viewcode said:

I haven't seen the Neil/Boris gadfest. Let me guess. Thru unsycophantic questioning Neil exposed Boris as a dumb ass. It makes exactly zero difference to anything. Am I right?

Yep.

But the membership who haven't voted yet can't say they haven't been warned.

The rest of us await the VoNC.

• Options
    FF43 said:

I suspect the "stupid junior officer" has a better understanding of the relevant law than George Osborne
    The British metropolitan elite are outraged if somebody stops them saying something they like. They are also outraged when somebody says something they don't like.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

I do believe if the Tory Party refuses to deliver Brexit then Leavers will get Farage to do it instead and Diehard Remainers better be prepared for a Farage government.

It seems to be you who is terrified of a Farage government, not the so-called 'Diehard Remainers'.
    I am not terrified of a Farage government, I just prefer a Tory one.

I would certainly vote for Farage over Corbyn or Swinson if that is the only way to deliver Brexit
  • Options
    Labour activist hired by Jeremy Corbyn to build bridges with the Jewish community claimed anti-Semitism is being 'weaponised against the Left'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7242653/Labour-activist-hired-Corbyn-claimed-anti-Semitism-weaponised-against-Left.html

Plus ca change.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

It exposed nothing other than diehard Remainer whinging over Boris as usual while Boris committed to Brexit Deal or No Deal, while Hunt refused to rule out extending again past Christmas
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

Here's one:

I do believe if the Tory Party refuses to deliver Brexit then Leavers will get Farage to do it instead and diehard Remainers better be prepared for a Farage government.

If you think Hunt will be elected unopposed without a revolution from myself and most of the party membership and the ERG you are also completely clueless, not that Boris will withdraw as he has won the membership vote by a landslide already anyway.

The only calamity imposed on the Tories will be listening to diehard Remainers like you, Boris was fine today and committed to Brexit Deal or No Deal unlike Hunt who refused to rule out extending again
    I am not one of your diehard remainers ... I voted leave.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Main BBC news coverage of Neil is on Hunt's refusal to commit to Brexit by Christmas unlike Boris who committed to Leave by October 31st Desl pr No Deal, Hunt merely 'expecting to do so.'

If so that will be the final nail in the coffin for the Hunt campaign with Tory members and Leavers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48963421
  • Options
    PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

Do you really believe this stuff with such mechanistic certainty at a time are about to visit on themselves.

I voted Remain but I am committed to backing the delivery of Brexit, Deal or No Deal as most Leave voters voted for.

Anyone who is not or who prefers Revoke to No Deal is by definition now a diehard Remainer
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

It wasn't except for diehard dy decided it would be

Do you really believe this stuff with such mechanistic certainty at a time are about to visit on themselves.

I voted Remain but I am committed to backing the delivery of Brexit, Deal or No Deal as most Leave voters voted for.

Anyone who is not or who prefers Revoke to No Deal is by definition now a diehard Remainer
    I like to think I have the sense of proportion to say enough is enough. Brexit is destroying everything in its path, and threatens to bring the country to a very dark place. It really isn't worth it.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Re: Boris and obfustication. Some argue he's being clever and trying to keep his options open. I think the reality is that their are very few political questions to which he has really devoted much thought to developing a settled opinion. He is basically a classic professional opinion column journalist, prepared to deliver a column to order to satisfy his editor. Because he has taken little time to develop serious opinions he is very bad when put on the spot. He doesn't have the underlying confidence in his instinctive opinions that come with serious underlying research and thought, and therefore is desperate to avoid committing himself on anything. The only exceptions are where he thinks that strong commitments are absolutely necessary to securing votes, but i'm not entirely convinced that those commitments will survive confrontation with reality. He has committed himself to Oct 31st EU departure come what may because he thinks it will make him PM. If confronted with the reality that actually following that through may kill off the prospects of securing millions of votes in future election will he really follow through on that commitment? Especially if he thinks that a few months delay might result in a 'palatable' Brexit anyway?

Theresa in trousers.

How will Farage become PM instead? For a start there had to be an election. For second what scenario does Farage become PM as opposed to simply preventing a Tory leader from becoming PM? An election in which no deal opponents boycott a GE? And you think that a Brexit by, say March 31st as opposed to Oct31st will lead to a BXP landslide? In either circumstance we will have left the EU so why should pro-Brexit voters have a problem with that?
    So, in the event there is a negotiating breakthrough, the government will not have the guts to leave in May?
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

Labour activist hired by Jeremy Corbyn to build bridges with the Jewish community claimed anti-Semitism is being 'weaponised against the Left'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7242653/Labour-activist-hired-Corbyn-claimed-anti-Semitism-weaponised-against-Left.html

Plus ca change.

We know from what he said last autumn that he just doesn't care. And that it is all a right wing media conspiracy.

Why should he change? He knows he is perfect.
  • Options
    I would be extremely surprised if the Republicans win Arizona next time around. The state is following directly the path of New Mexico, becoming more hispanic, and Blue. Trump also has much worse favourable in AZ than in the country as a whole.

Indeed, I think everyone is fixating far too much on the rust belt: Iowa and North Carolina might be significantly easier Dem pickups.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

I want Johnson

Politicians and political parties will betray you in the end. You might want to be a politician but I suspect you will get eaten alive! Good luck on your new chosen path as a diehard Brexiteer. Politics is all about avoiding pitfalls, you may well have walked into a monster hole and seem intent in dragging anyone who disagrees with you or Johnson with you!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

I want Johnson to win the leadership . A Brexiter needs to e of getting the UK out by October 31st with a deal .

If you think Hunt will be elected unopposed without a revolution from myself eal or No Deal unlike Hunt who refused to rule out extending again

I like to think I have the sense of proportion to say enough is enough. Brexit is destroying everything in its path, and threatens to bring the country to a very dark place. It really isn't worth it.
    No, that is the coward's way out, the fact we have too many gutless MPs who refused to vote for the Withdrawal Agreement or for No Deal does not mean the will of the people should not still be delivered.

Refusing to implement it will just lead to Farage doing it instead anyway
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Re: Boris and obfustication. Some argue he's being clever and trying to keep his options open. I think the reality is that their are very few political questions to which he has really devoted much thought to developing a settled opinion. He is basically a classic professional opinion column journalist, prepared to deliver a column to order to satisfy his editor. Because he has taken little time to develop serious opinions he is very bad when put on the spot. He doesn't have the underlying confidence in his instinctive opinions that come with serious underlying research and thought, and therefore is desperate to avoid committing himself on anything. The only exceptions are where he thinks that strong commitments are absolutely necessary to securing votes, but i'm not entirely convinced that those commitments will survive confrontation with reality. He has committed himself to Oct 31st EU departure come what may because he thinks it will make him PM. If confronted with the reality that actually following that through may kill off the prospects of securing millions of votes in future election will he really follow through on that commitment? Especially if he thinks that a few months delay might result in a 'palatable' Brexit anyway?

Theresa in trousers.

How will Farage become PM instead? For a start there had ad to a BXP landslide? In either circumstance we will have left the EU so why should pro-Brexit voters have a problem with that?
    So, in the event there is a negotiating breakthrough, the government will not have the guts to leave in May?
    There won't be a negotiating breakthrough, the EU negotiating team has already basically packed up and gone home and will not remove the backstop, nor will the new commission.

So either we get a Tory majority by October 31st to enable the Withdrawal Agreement to be passed or we go to No Deal and try to renegotiate for a FTA having completed Brexit and outside the EU's orbit
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Theresa in trousers.

How will Farage become PM instead? For a start there had ad to a BXP landslide? In either circumstance we will have left the EU so why should pro-Brexit voters have a problem with that?
    There won't be a negotiating breakthrough, the EU negotiating team has already basically packed up and gone home and will not remove the backstop, nor will the new commission.

So either we get a Tory majority by October 31st to enable the Withdrawal Agreement to be passed or we go to No Deal and try to renegotiate for a FTA having completed Brexit and outside the EU's orbit
    So in the snap election, Johnson will be campaigning for May’s withdrawal agreement?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

I want Johnson

I do believe if the Tory Party refuses to deliver Brexit then Leavers will get Farage to do it instead and diehard Remainers better be prepared gain

Politicians and political parties will betray you in the end. You might want to be a politician but I suspect you will get eaten alive! Good luck on your new chosen path as a diehard Brexiteer. Politics is all about avoiding pitfalls, you may well have walked into a monster hole and seem intent in dragging anyone who disagrees with you or Johnson with you!
    The monster hole created will be for the establishment politicians who refuse to respect the biggest vote for anything in post war history ie the 17 million Leave voters and it will be Farage who will then bury them in it!
  • Options
    I voted Leave and I am becoming increasingly concerned about poor HYUFD.

About six months ago, Boris Johnson said that if he became PM, he would ask for a six month extension, and use that to renegotiate.

That's a pretty sensible strategy. It would allow the government to consider a Northern Ireland referendum, or a longer transitional periond, or to see if a few dozen Labour Leavers could be be brought on board.

Now Boris Johnson promises to renegotiate, and for us to leave on October 31st.

The two are contradictory. Renegotiation - especially if one wants to push through a referendum in Northern Ireland - takes time. Simply there are lots of legal texts and treaties and people who all have to agree.

Boris Johnson is no dummy. Either he plans to renege on renegotiating (and either take us out with Mrs May's deal, or to exit with No Deal), or he plans to use negotiations as an excuse for an extension.

Whatever he plans on doing, though, it is not what he has said he is doing. Because what he says he is doing is not possible in the time available.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Re: Boris and obfustication. Some argue he's being clever and trying to keep his options open. I think the reality is that their are very few political questions to which he has really devoted much thought to developing a settled opinion. He is basically a classic professional opinion column journalist, prepared to deliver a column to order to satisfy his editor. Because he has taken little time to develop serious opinions he is very bad when put on the spot. He doesn't have the underlying confidence in his instinctive opinions that come with serious underlying research and thought, and therefore is desperate to rexit anyway?

Theresa in trousers.

So in the snap election, Johnson will be campaigning for May’s withdrawal agreement?
    He will be campaigning for Brexit Deal or No Deal, he already voted for the Withdrawal Agreement at MV3 but he will go to No Deal if it still does not pass (Boris will of course remove the temporary Customs Union for GB May imposed from the Withdrawal Agreement)
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    rcs1000 said:

I voted Leave and I am becoming increasingly concerned about poor HYUFD.

About six months ago, Boris Johnson said that if he became PM, he would ask for a six month extension, and use that to renegotiate.

That's a pretty sensible strategy. It would allow the government to consider a Northern Ireland referendum, or a longer transitional periond, or to see if a few dozen Labour Leavers could be be brought on board.

Now Boris Johnson promises to renegotiate, and for us to leave on October 31st.

The two are contradictory. Renegotiation - especially if one wants to push through a referendum in Northern Ireland - takes time. Simply there are lots of legal texts and treaties and people who all have to agree.

Boris Johnson is no dummy. Either he plans to renege on renegotiating (and either take us out with Mrs May's deal, or to exit with No Deal), or he plans to use negotiations as an excuse for an extension.

Whatever he plans on doing, though, it is not what he has said he is doing. Because what he says he is doing is not possible in the time available.

We already have had a 6 month extension, Boris is sharp enough to know if we extend again it will be RIP Tory Party and hello PM Farage and straight to No Deal WTO terms without passing go.

The main renegotiation Boris will do is to remove the temporary Customs Union for GB which May insisted on not Barnier and which can be done in an afternoon
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

The main renegotiation Boris will do is to remove the temporary Customs Union for GB which May insisted on not Barnier and which can be done in an afternoon

When will he do this renegotiation? Before the election or afterwards? If afterwards, will he campaign based on it?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

If you think Hunt will be elected unopposed without a revolution from myself eal or No Deal unlike Hunt who refused to rule out extending again

No, that is the coward's way out, the fact we have too many gutless MPs who refused to vote for the Withdrawal Agreement or for No Deal does not mean the will of the people should not still be delivered.

Farage would run a mile rather than be PM. His party has no infrastructure or ground presence, no members only 'supporters'. Do you really think such an outfit could become the government of the UK within a matter of months?

The 'will of the people' is nothing more than the result of a three year old opinion poll. The result was a narrow one and in no way justifies such fanatical adherence and extreme measures in its pursuit.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,577
    Shall we put The Economist in the "undecided" column?

https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/1149625009544912896
  • Options
    And the hostages to fortune just keep piling up......

https://twitter.com/MsHelicat/status/1149784627143426049
  • Options
    edited July 2019

HYUFD said:

When will he do this renegotiation? Before the election or afterwards? If afterwards, will he campaign based on it?
    Of course, if Boris wins a majority the Withdrawal Agreement is passed easily minus the temporary Customs Union for GB and Brexit is delivered without problem and we move onto FTA talks and the beginning of his outstanding premiership as he rivals Churchill and Thatcher as the greatest Tory leader of the last 100 years
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Of course, if Boris wins a majority the Withdrawal Agreement is passed easily minus the temporary Customs Union for GB and Brexit is delivered without problem and we move onto FTA talks and the beginning of his outstanding premiership as he rivals Churchill and Thatcher as the greatest Tory leader of the last 100 years
    Of course what? You didn't answer the question.
  • Options
    PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

HYUFD said:

I do believe if the Tory Party refuses to deliver Brexit then Leavers will xtending again

Farage would run a mile rather than be PM. His party has no infrastructure or ground presence, no members only 'supporters'. Do you really think such an outfit could become the government of the UK within a matter of months?

The 'will of the people' is nothing more than the result of a three year old opinion poll. The result was a narrow one and in no way justifies such fanatical adherence and extreme measures in its pursuit.
    Of course, if the will of the people continues to be defied Farage will surf Leavers' fury to Downing Street without needing to lift a finger. Though as Boris should finally implement the will of the people that should not be necessary
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I did, just as a diehard Remainer you disliked the answer.

You can renegotiate and remove the temporary Customs Union for GB in an afternoon and pass the Withdrawal Agreement without problems once Boris wins a majority
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You can renegotiate and remove the temporary Customs Union for GB in an afternoon and pass the Withdrawal Agreement without problems once Boris wins a majority
    So he will do it after the election? And will he campaign in that election based on a Northern Ireland backstop?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You can renegotiate and remove the temporary Customs Union for GB in an afternoon
    Really? You think all 27 EU members will agree "in an afternoon"?

I can think of one, at least, that might have a few quibbles....
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Much like May in terms of evasiveness. I wonder if we’d have said the same back in 2016 if Leadsom hadn’t dropped out.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

So he will do it after the election? And will he campaign in that election based on a Northern Ireland backstop?
    Either before of after it makes no difference as the Withdrawal Agreement only passes with a Tory majority but a Withdrawal Agreement but a commitment to a Withdrawal Agreement with no temporary Customs Union for GB is far more palatable to Leavers and makes that Tory majority far more likely.

Boris already voted for the backstop at MV3, he may let Northern Ireland voters decide on it by referendum but it is not a priority for him, if the EU will still not remove it his main aim remains removing the temporary Customs Union for GB and then with a majority without need of the DUP the Withdrawal Agreement almost certainly passes with a Boris commitment to still deliver Brexit with No Deal in the unlikely event it does not.

• Options
    No, it is entirely correct, he will rely on Article 5b and will deliver Brexit Deal or No Deal despite Die hard Remainers whinging
  • Options
    RobD said:

Much like May in terms of evasiveness. I wonder if we’d have said the same back in 2016 if Leadsom hadn’t dropped out.
    Just goes to show the importance of - i) No coronations and ii) Andrew Neil interviews!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Boris already voted for the backstop at MV3
    Why didn't he vote for it at MV1?

If he had, we'd likely be out of the EU by now, which is what Boris says he wants.

But he wouldn't be running for PM......
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    HYUFD said:

No, it is entirely correct, he will rely on Article 5b and will deliver Brexit Deal or No Deal despite Die hard Remainers whinging
    And 5C?

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1149734201991806977

His answer to that was "why this defeatism?".....I expect that'll work a treat with the EU.....
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

If he had, we'd likely be out of the EU by now, which is what Boris says he wants.

As it had a temporary Customs Union for GB.

He did vote for it at MV3, it was mainly diehard Remainers who did not, as PM Boris will be prepared to go to war with diehard Remainers to deliver Brexit Deal or No Deal
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Are you feeling alright? 5b relates to GATT Article 24 which is not relevant to Brexit.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You can renegotiate and remove the temporary Customs Union for GB in an afternoon
    Really? You think all 27 EU members will agree "in an afternoon"?

I can think of one, at least, that might have a few quibbles....
    None will, May requested it not Barnier
  • Options
    edited July 2019

HYUFD said:

And 5C?

His answer to that was "why this defeatism?".....I expect that'll work a treat with the EU.....
    5c irrelevant.

Boris recognises we are effectively in a state of war with diehard Remainers and every second of every minute of every hour of every day until October 31st must be spent defeating them In order to deliver Brexit
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Are you feeling alright? 5b relates to GATT Article 24 which is not relevant to Brexit.
    Wrong, Article 24 gives 10 years of zero tariffs with the EU while negotiating a FTA with them
  • Options
    BBC Fact Check on Johnson's "Irish Border" solution:

The Irish border can be sorted out after Brexit
    Mr Johnson said, as he has several times, that the Irish backstop should be "deleted" from Theresa May's withdrawal agreement. He believes that discussions on the Irish border should take place after Brexit, as part of trade negotiations.

Verdict: This looks like a non-starter, because the EU has consistently said it won't accept a withdrawal agreement without a backstop in it. The EU also says it will not open future trade talks until the issue of the Irish border (along with EU citizens' rights and the UK's financial obligations) has been settled.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Wrong, Article 24 gives 10 years of zero tariffs with the EU while negotiating a FTA with them
    So long as they agree, yes.

Now, it's completely possible they're bluffing. But they have consistently said (quoting Carlotta, quoting the BBC) "the EU also says it will not open future trade talks until the issue of the Irish border (along with EU citizens' rights and the UK's financial obligations) has been settled."

As I said, they may well be bluffing. But if they are not, then Article 24 will not apply as we will not be negotiating an FTA with them.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

So you think the EU is lying and they will tear up everything they have published about their No Deal plans?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

So long as they agree, yes.

Now, it's completely possible they're bluffing. But they have consistently said (quoting Carlotta, quoting the BBC) "the EU also says it will not open future trade talks until the issue of the Irish border (along with EU citizens' rights and the UK's financial obligations) has been settled."

As I said, they may well be bluffing. But if they are not, then Article 24 will not apply as we will not be negotiating an FTA with them.
    Boris wants to renegotiate the backstop with the EU but he has already voted for the Withdrawal Agreement with the backstop at MV3 if they still refuse, it was the majority of the rest of the Commons who voted against the Withdrawal Agreement with the backstop so don't blame Boris. Had Boris had his way at MV3 we would already be starting those trade talks with 10 years of zero tariffs under Article 24.

If Boris is forced to prorogue Parliament to go to No Deal to deliver Brexit then diehard Remainer MPs have nobody to blame but themselves
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    HYUFD said:

If Boris is forced to prorogue Parliament to go to No Deal to deliver Brexit then diehard Remainer MPs have nobody to blame but themselves

Why would he need to do that if he's won a majority in an election, or do you not really think he will go for an election?
    HYUFD said:

Had Boris had his way at MV3 we would already be starting those trade talks with 10 years of zero tariffs.

I don't think you understand what the transition period in the WA entails. GATT Article 24 is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Torby_FennelTorby_Fennel Posts: 438
    edited July 2019
    HYUFD said:

5c irrelevant.

Boris recognises we are effectively in a state of war with diehard Remainers and every second of every minute of every hour of every day until October 31st must be spent defeating them In order to deliver Brexit

Do you understand how sinister your posts have become recently. I actually find them genuinely disturbing. :(

• Options

HYUFD said:

Why would he need to do that if he's won a majority in an election, or do you not really think he will go for an election?
    HYUFD said:

Had Boris had his way at MV3 we would already be starting those trade talks with 10 years of zero tariffs.

I don't think you understand what the transition period in the WA entails. GATT Article 24 is irrelevant.
    Due to the Fixed term Parliament Act he may not even be able to call an election even if he wanted one though losing a VONC could force one anyway.

GATT Article 24 extends zero tariffs beyond the transition period if we are negotiating a FTA
  • Options

HYUFD said:

5c irrelevant.

Do you understand how sinister your posts have become recently. I actually find them genuinely disturbing. :(

Had diehard Remainers respected the referendum result in the first place and voted for the Withdrawal Agreement then more forceful measures would not have been required to drive through Brexit Deal or No Deal, they did not so they are
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

5c irrelevant.

Had diehard Remainers respected the referendum result in the first place and voted for the Withdrawal Agreement then more forceful measures would not have been required to drive through Brexit Deal or No Deal, they did not so they are
    Diehard Remainers like Steve Baker?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

5c irrelevant.

Diehard Remainers like Steve Baker?
    He still wants to deliver Brexit, just with No Deal.

Diehard Remainers refuse to deliver Brexit either with the Withdrawal Agreement Deal or with No Deal, their agenda is to reverse Brexit completely and they must be more than matched accordingly by those determined to deliver Brexit
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

And 5C?

5c irrelevant.
    Says who? (Apart from you & Boris?)

The possibility that other WTO members can block an “interim agreement” has proven to be enough of a deterrent that no WTO members have notified an interim agreement since 1995.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/brexit/no-deal-brexit-and-wto-article-24-explained/

For the UK to present an interim agreement to the WTO, it would have to overcome those three hurdles. They are:

1. The UK would have to reach agreement with the EU. The UK could not do this unilaterally. So this isn’t exactly “no deal”.

2. That agreement would have to include a plan and timetable for achieving the final agreement. And it would have to have a sufficient amount of detail, including what the final agreement would look like, because …

3. … the WTO membership could demand changes, if they weren’t convinced that the plan could be achieved within about 10 years. The UK and EU would have to accept those changes or scrap the agreement. (This doesn’t apply to free trade agreements that are not interim.)

https://uktradeforum.net/2019/01/26/why-claims-about-a-wto-article-24-interim-agreement-are-a-red-herring/
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

5c irrelevant.

Had diehard Remainers respected the referendum result in the first place and voted for the Withdrawal Agreement
    You mean like Boris didn't in MV1 & MV2?

And if its so rubbish, why did he vote for it in MV3?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

And 5C?

NURSE!
  • Options
    A big boy made me do it then he ran away...

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1149710209671147521
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "Corbyn allies attack Tom Watson as Labour’s anti-Semitism row escalates

Deputy leader told to ‘consider your position’ over response to BBC Panorama investigation"

https://www.ft.com/content/1a000d68-a49a-11e9-974c-ad1c6ab5efd1
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    HYUFD said:

Deeply, deeply troubling.

This kind of reasoning is common in bullying: the bully blames the victim. You are only being bullied because you are inadequate. I’m sure psychologists have a term for it.
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    edited July 2019
    AndyJS said:

"Corbyn allies attack Tom Watson as Labour’s anti-Semitism row escalates

Deputy leader told to ‘consider your position’ over response to BBC Panorama investigation"

https://www.ft.com/content/1a000d68-a49a-11e9-974c-ad1c6ab5efd1

He knows he wouldn't have his bully pulpit anymore if he stood down, no chance of the membership reelecting him so he won't be doing anything. Unfortunately were stuck with the idiot in place for a while longer.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Deeply, deeply troubling.

This kind of reasoning is common in bullying: the bully blames the victim. You are only being bullied because you are inadequate. I’m sure psychologists have a term for it.
    "Victim Blaming"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming

"She was asking for it, dressed like that"

"The Jews should have fought back"

It has a long and ignoble heritage
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/evolvepolitics/status/1149718185173798913

Which is from this link (https://facebook.com/1082334418/posts/10218672113368968?sfns=mo)

One by one the story falls apart...

He made an accusation of anti semitism regarding an interview he conducted with a Jewish* member in the riverside constituency in Liverpool, unfortunately he seems to have picked the wrong event to invent a story for as they recorded the conversations.

*Wrong kind I guess, self hating or something like that.

• Options

they recorded the conversations.

Isn't the claim that the question came after the interview and when the recording had finished?
  • Options
    Boris Johnson finally admits he should have been more supportive towards ambassador in ITV debate

Andrew Neil is, of course, a brilliant interviewer, but he seems to have been outdone by an (as yet unnamed) heckler at the Conservative party hustings in Cheltenham tonight.

The hustings started at the same time as the interviews. Most of us were watching BBC, but at the hustings Boris Johnson was heckled when he tried to dodge a question about whether he should have been more supportive towards Sir Kim Darroch in the ITV debate on Tuesday, and that forced him to admit that he should have been. The Mirror’s Dan Bloom has the full story. And here is the key quote from Johnson:

Well, I don’t think that anything I said was actually decisive in Kim’s decision to resign.
    Had I my time again, to answer your question directly, yes - I probably should have been more emphatic that Kim personally had my full support.
    But I was surprised that his tenure as ambassador in Washington should be raised by the foreign secretary as a fitting subject for debate in a Conservative Party leadership campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/jul/12/andrew-neil-boris-johnson-tory-leadership-boris-johnson-uses-andrew-neil-interview-to-deny-failing-to-support-ambassador-live-news
  • Options
    Tory heckler savages Boris Johnson as he finally admits regret in Ambassador row

The unknown person shouted "answer the bloody question!" as Boris Johnson squirmed over Sir Kim Darroch - and he instantly folded

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-heckler-savages-boris-johnson-18147232
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,226
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

5c irrelevant.

Have you ever stopped and considered the possibility that these “diehard remainers” might actually be right?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

And 5C?

5c irrelevant.

Does he have a more sophisticated strategy than yours, telling them all to f**k off and vote LibDem?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Isn't the claim that the question came after the interview and when the recording had finished?
    Not as far as I understand.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

alex. said:

Re: Boris and obfustication. Some argue he's being clever and trying to keep his options open. I think the reality is that their are very few political questions to which he has really devoted much thought to developing a settled opinion. He is basically a classic professional opinion column journalist, prepared to deliver a column to order to satisfy his editor. Because he has taken little time to develop serious opinions he is very bad when put on the spot. He doesn't have the underlying confidence in his instinctive opinions that come with serious underlying that a few months delay might result in a 'palatable' Brexit anyway?

Theresa in trousers.

You’re back on about this October election already? Despite having accepted earlier, following Portillo’s comment that the Tory party didn’t want and couldn’t have an election before Brexit, that it probably wouldn’t happen?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

The interviews were recorded lunchtime for transmission in the evening (hence the excerpts the BBC was able to put into the afternoon news bulletins). The hustings with the heckle happened during the evening at the same time as the interview was being broadcast. One assumes the heckler hadn’t seen it. The heckler may well however have listened to the radio or tv news during the afternoon, which carried a brief summary and excerpt from the AN-BJ exchange over the ambassador and whether he had watched the ITV debate.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,378
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

5c irrelevant.

Have you ever stopped and considered the possibility that these “diehard remainers” might actually be right?
    ‘We’re in a state of war’... ‘ more forceful measures required’... HYUFD has succumbed to Brexit psychosis.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Boris Johnson finally admits he should have been more supportive towards ambassador in ITV debate

Andrew Neil is, of course, a brilliant interviewer, but he seems to have been outdone by an (as yet unnamed) heckler at the Conservative party hustings in Cheltenham tonight.

The hustings started at the same time as the interviews. Most of us were watching BBC, but at the hustings Boris Johnson was heckled when he tried to dodge a question about whether he should have been more supportive towards Sir Kim Darroch in the ITV debate on Tuesday, and that forced him to admit that he should have been. The Mirror’s Dan Bloom has the full story. And here is the key quote from Johnson:

Well, I don’t think that anything I said was actually decisive in Kim’s decision to resign.
    Had I my time again, to answer your question directly, yes - I probably should have been more emphatic that Kim personally had my full support.
    But I was surprised that his tenure as ambassador in Washington should be raised by the foreign secretary as a fitting subject for debate in a Conservative Party leadership campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/jul/12/andrew-neil-boris-johnson-tory-leadership-boris-johnson-uses-andrew-neil-interview-to-deny-failing-to-support-ambassador-live-news

‘I was surprised a prospective PM should be expected to talk about the front page issue of the week’.
    Blustering buffoon.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

He did vote for it at MV3, it was mainly diehard Remainers who did not, as PM Boris will be prepared to go to war with diehard Remainers to deliver Brexit Deal or No Deal
    1. He wrote a letter in favour of Remain and a letter in favour of Leave, and left his good friend Cammo under the impression he would come out for Remain, until changing his mind at the last minute. I believe he sent Cammo a text or message just minutes before he announced his decision to the media.

2. After the Chequers agreement the great Bozo led the toast at the cabinet meeting to Mrs May and her sterling achievement, then when he saw David Davis heading for the exit changed his mind and decided to resign over the same agreement he has toasted earlier.

3. He voted both against and for the very same Brexit deal in Parliament.

Don’t you think this might be evidence that your hero isn’t someone with a track record of taking a position and sticking to it? Before you even get to look at his track record and the rest of his life.

• Options
    IanB2 said:

The interviews were recorded lunchtime for transmission in the evening (hence the excerpts the BBC was able to put into the afternoon news bulletins). The hustings with the heckle happened during the evening at the same time as the interview was being broadcast. One assumes the heckler hadn’t seen it. The heckler may well however have listened to the radio or tv news during the afternoon, which carried a brief summary and excerpt from the AN-BJ exchange over the ambassador and whether he had watched the ITV debate.
    Carlotta was responding to a post I made about someone from the Labour Panorama documentary, I think some wires got crossed here because this isn't the subject I was talking about...
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Carlotta was responding to a post I made about someone from the Labour Panorama documentary, I think some wires got crossed here because this isn't the subject I was talking about...
    Ok sorry my apologies.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

1. He wrote a letter in favour of Remain and a letter in favour of Leave, and left his good friend Cammo under the impression he would come out for Remain, until changing his mind at the last minute. I believe he sent Cammo a text or message just minutes before he announced his decision to the media.

2. After the Chequers agreement the great Bozo led the toast at the cabinet meeting to Mrs May and her sterling achievement, then when he saw David Davis heading for the exit changed his mind and decided to resign over the same agreement he has toasted earlier.

3. He voted both against and for the very same Brexit deal in Parliament.

Don’t you think this might be evidence that your hero isn’t someone with a track record of taking a position and sticking to it? Before you even get to look at his track record and the rest of his life.

There is a whole new thread about that.

• Options
    It is not for me to decide whether or not this thread should

continue or cease.

This discussion has been closed.