Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Boris Johnson might just be a worthy successor to the UK Prime

Comments

• Options
    Charles said:

I understand that Boris & Carrie's newly adopted stray pup has been named 'Philip'. There's obviously some sort of private joke involved there. I wonder if we'll be told, subject to it passing Mr Cumming's censorship restrictions of course.

Pretty obvious

“Bad Philip. Don’t crap on the floor. “

“Rub his nose in it, honey, it’s the only way he’ll learn”

“Let’s put him outside in the cold if he doesn’t stop barking”
    Fake news. The dog is Welsh and called 'Dilyn'
  • Options
    Chris said:

Jonathan said:

Time to step away from PB ...

Yes. Though the signal-to-noise ratio seems a bit better early in the day.
    I fear you spoke too soon.
  • Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 841
    I voted Conservative in 2010 because I wanted the Coalition to continue. However this government must be the worst in living memory or beyond. I would hope that the PM is totally embarressed this week, loses today and then Labour withold voting for an election on Wednesday, will he then resign or seek a vote of no confidence, the latter he will probably lose because of the Conservative MPs who have nothing to fear, like Justine Greening, Jeremy Le Foy etc.
    Bring on Ken Clarke and quickly.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    CatMan said:
    Just looking back at the history of Runnymede and Weybridge, the Lib Dem candidate in 2005 was Henry Bolton (yes, that one).
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    CatMan said:
    His lawyer laughing all the way to the bank.....
  • Options
    We appear to be heading towards a General Election where a united Labour party faces an utterly riven Conservative party, one where the Chancellor until a few weeks ago is threatening the leadership with legal action.

That will not go well for the Conservatives.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,898
    theakes said:

I voted Conservative in 2010 because I wanted the Coalition to continue. However this government must be the worst in living memory or beyond. I would hope that the PM is totally embarressed this week, loses today and then Labour withold voting for an election on Wednesday, will he then resign or seek a vote of no confidence, the latter he will probably lose because of the Conservative MPs who have nothing to fear, like Justine Greening, Jeremy Le Foy etc.
    Bring on Ken Clarke and quickly.

That has to be the plan from here. Good post.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    eek said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

Derrr. Of course they’re a sham. The EU still does not believe the UK will go for no deal, and the shenanigans of this week merely reinforce that view. Why should Brussels cede an inch, when it looks like Brexit will be delayed, or cancelled, and the government changed or crippled?

This is low IQ stuff.

Boris is right, even if you hate him. The EU will only compromise - and maybe not even then - if they feel that they have to. In October. As No Deal looms.
    The final proof that you are NOT SeanT.

Sean was a drunk. But he was also perceptive and insightful.

You sir are a credulous fool.
    Byronic is being very perceptive actually, take No Deal off the table and the EU know we will always roll over in the end
    Take the fantasy of No Deal off the table and we might actually have a grown up internal conversation where we understand how weak our position really is
    Yeah, give away the one thing they will take note of as their economies slide towards recession.

"Take the fantasy of that sawn-off shotgun off the table, Mr. Bank-robber, and we might actually have a grown up internal conversation where you understand how weak your position really is...."
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,885
    edited September 2019

ydoethur said:

If you are an MP opposed to a No Deal Brexit you’d have to be certifiably insane to vote to give Boris Johnson the ability to choose - and change - the date of an election.
    So you are expecting Labour's leadership to vote for it then?

Jeremy Corbyn and Richard Burgon (who else?) are not bright enough to understand, but other Labour MPs are: Do not give your opponent exactly what he wants. Maybe Kier Starmer could explain this to them, speaking very slowly, using short words and with the help of pictures.
    It’s ‘Keir’

K

E

I

R

• Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 841
    Sorry I have my years mixed up, so many elections! I should have said 2015 not 2010, clot.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    The issue is with the way that the media reports things (I believe it’s well known that disaster sells more newspapers).

For example:

Report says “there is a 99% probability that it will all be peachy. In the 1% chance that Armageddon occurs then there is a 10% chance that this will extinguish all human life on earth”

Newspaper headlines will be:

“Brexit could trigger Armageddon” and
    “Extinction of humanity predicted by government Brexit report”

Technically true but utterly misleading
  • Options

I am having a dilemma about my vote at a GE.

I live in a Labour-Tory marginal. My instinctive vote is for the LDs, but I don’t believe they can “win here”. I want to avoid a Comrade Corbyn government as much as possible, but I find myself despairing at the thought of voting Tory. What do I do?

Vote Tory but write a letter to the party chairman and the local association chairman states by clearly that it is an anti-Corbyn vote and they can’t rely on your vote in future
  • Options
    Is there ever a more useless politician than Dominic Raab
  • Options

eek said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

Derrr. Of course they’re a sham. The EU still does not believe the UK will go for no deal, and the shenanigans of this week merely reinforce that view. Why should Brussels cede an inch, when it looks like Brexit will be delayed, or cancelled, and the government changed or crippled?

This is low IQ stuff.

Boris is right, even if you hate him. The EU will only compromise - and maybe not even then - if they feel that they have to. In October. As No Deal looms.

Byronic is being very perceptive actually, take No Deal off the table and the EU know we will always roll over in the end
    Take the fantasy of No Deal off the table and we might actually have a grown up internal conversation where we understand how weak our position really is
    Yeah, give away the one thing they will take note of as their economies slide towards recession.

"Take the fantasy of that sawn-off shotgun off the table, Mr. Bank-robber, and we might actually have a grown up internal conversation where you understand how weak your position really is...."
    It’s not a shotgun, it’s a hand grenade strapped to his cock.
  • Options
    Given he laid the Bill out publicly I find the 100/1 for Hilary Benn as next PM with William Hill very interesting.

If Boris refuses to endorse the Bill if passed by both houses of Parliament, could the Queen be obliged to ask for Hilary Benn who would have effectively demonstrated that confidence?

Worth a fiver in my view.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Justine Greening standing down at next GE R4

I was really surprised her name was not on that list yesterday.
    A pity. She was at one time talked of as a future PM.

Also, likely puts Putney in play for the GE.
    Is Amber Rudd looking for a seat?

Not that one

Putting Putney in play is a win for the Tories as it was almost certainly in the loss column 😂

(That’s a wry comment - it’s a shame about Justine)
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,609

We appear to be heading towards a General Election where a united Labour party faces an utterly riven Conservative party, one where the Chancellor until a few weeks ago is threatening the leadership with legal action.

Depends if the BXP crowd can overcome the other Tory split and if labour and LDS split the vote poorly. Remarkably the Tories definitely have a chance despite their disfunction
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    I wonder how Darth Cumming's OODA loop is feeling this morning...
  • Options

Totally silent on Hong Kong.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Scott_P said:
    Slightly more reasonable to say hed do so i guess, although hes presumably confident he wont ever need to do it.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Slightly more reasonable to say hed do TiVo guess, although hes presumably confident he wont ever need to do it.

He won't.

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1168782155847217152
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Justine Greening is a huge loss, she was the symbol of a resurgent Tory party in 2005. For her to no longer feel at home in the party should be a massive wake up call.

Interestingly, at the time, very much elected as a Eurosceptic.
    Well, there was a time when the BOOers were not necessarily a majority among Eurosceptics. That's why the Lib Dems were able to feel so clever-clever about advocating an in/out referendum at the time of Lisbon. It's a measure of how quickly things have changed that leaving is no longer enough for so many.

Some people, like Greening perhaps, have been left behind by these currents, to be caricatured as Federalist Europhiles, while others have paddled with the current, like our very own dear HYUFD, and have moved further and faster than most.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    If Parliament is dissolved tomorrow she won’t be doing much speaking up
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    It actually can be both- the idea being the EU wont be willing to endure the costs of no deal even though one can mitigate them, but we are willing.

I think that's a nonsense idea but if one assumes the EU are gutless- a dangerous notion- it makes sense on paper.
  • Options
    Scott P seems to be having an episode...trying to download the whole of twitter.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    This has been obvious for a while. Get No Deal because it’s the only way to counter Nigel but ensure Boris’s share of the blame isn’t too damaging. The consequences of No Deal can then be addressed once the GE win has been secured.
  • Options
    Chris said:

@ydoethur (and others), a historical question. I’m aware that royal assent was last used by Queen Anne and refusal was last considered by George V in relation to the Government of Ireland Act. Are there any 18th or 19th century examples of threats to withhold royal assent? I seem to recall there are but my memory is not obliging me on this occasion.

Not quite the same thing, but the article by Robert Craig says:
    "Even the British Government has advised refusal – and recently. It prepared to advise the Sovereign to refuse royal assent for a bill from New South Wales in 1980 which forced the NSW Government to let it lapse to prevent a formal refusal."
    https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2019/01/22/robert-craig-could-the-government-advise-the-queen-to-refuse-royal-assent-to-a-backbench-bill/
    It’s an interesting distinction between representative government and responsible government

I suppose you could argue (this is meant to be theoretical)

1. In calling a referendum, parliament handed over its responsibility as “representative” to the principals on this issue
    2. In rejecting every option they have demonstrated they are not capable of fulfilling the role of “responsible” government - in any event this should be the role of the executive as the academic literature is clear
    3. Therefore the executive needs to act responsibly
    4. The executives determination (you may agree or not) that the responsible decision is to reach a conclusion: we’ve had 3 years to debate the issue, we are no closer to resolution so it is not possible to build consensus and an answer must be given
  • Options
    kle4 said:

It actually can be both- the idea being the EU wont be willing to endure the costs of no deal even though one can mitigate them, but we are willing.

I think that's a nonsense idea but if one assumes the EU are gutless- a dangerous notion- it makes sense on paper.

It's a sham

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1168643035569299456

Cumming's No Leak policy working well...
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,881
    HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

This is low IQ stuff.

Thinking that the EU will, using your words "roll over in the end" is equally deluded.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    So we're in a mini, playing chicken with a juggernaut, and trusting that the EU will turn away at the last moment to avoid scratching their bumper. How exciting!
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,089
    Scott_P said:
    I really can't believe Johnson wants to fight an election on a No Deal platform. Every single Tory candidate would be interrogated about this on every day of the campaign.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    @HYUFD are you comparing the EU to the Nazis?
  • Options
  • Options

She always seemed way too same and nice to be a Tory MP. The Conservatives seem to be becoming a very narrow church.
    It’s funny that we only see that sort of remark from resolute opponents of the Conservatives
  • Options

We agree on something. He makes me warm to the intellectual heft of Chris Grayling.
  • Options
    ByronicByronic Posts: 3,578
    For the first time in a long while I think the chances of Brexit being cancelled are significant - and rising
  • Options
    Charles said:

Chris said:

@ydoethur (and others), a historical question. I’m aware that royal assent was last used by Queen Anne and refusal was last considered by George V in relation to the Government of Ireland Act. Are there any 18th or 19th century examples of threats to withhold royal assent? I seem to recall there are but my memory is not obliging me on this occasion.

"Even the British Government has advised refusal – and recently. It prepared to advise the Sovereign to refuse royal assent for a bill from New South Wales in 1980 which forced the NSW Government to let it lapse to prevent a formal refusal."
    https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2019/01/22/robert-craig-could-the-government-advise-the-queen-to-refuse-royal-assent-to-a-backbench-bill/
    It’s an interesting distinction between representative government and responsible government

I suppose you could argue (this is meant to be theoretical)

1. In calling a referendum, parliament handed over its responsibility as “representative” to the principals on this issue
    2. In rejecting every option they have demonstrated they are not capable of fulfilling the role of “responsible” government - in any event this should be the role of the executive as the academic literature is clear
    3. Therefore the executive needs to act responsibly
    4. The executives determination (you may agree or not) that the responsible decision is to reach a conclusion: we’ve had 3 years to debate the issue, we are no closer to resolution so it is not possible to build consensus and an answer must be given
    Given 2 and 3, perhaps the Executive should ask the principals if they still wish to proceed?
  • Options

Chris said:

There’s a bizarre case from Prince Edward Island in 1945 too. But neither of those deal with the present unique circumstances.
    I visit Prince Edward Island on Sunday 22nd September on our Canada-US cruise
    Are you there for a while? If you want to send me a PM happy to introduce you to a friend who lives on the island
  • Options
    It is amazing how many remain mps are running scared of a GE

A GE is the only way to shake up the HOC and elect new mps with their manifesto mandates.

I really find it difficult to believe that if Boris calls an election tomorrow Corbyn and labour will turn it down
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    The seat was probably lost already 75 % remain
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,810
    Charles said:

She always seemed way too same and nice to be a Tory MP. The Conservatives seem to be becoming a very narrow church.
    It’s funny that we only see that sort of remark from resolute opponents of the Conservatives
    Conservatives themselves are not going to be proclaiming that they are a nasty , evil bunch of jerks are they?
  • Options

I live in a Labour-Tory marginal. My instinctive vote is for the LDs, but I don’t believe they can “win here”. I want to avoid a Comrade Corbyn government as much as possible, but I find myself despairing at the thought of voting Tory. What do I do?

I would vote Lib Dem. The swings implied by the current opinion polls are huge, so I think they make a mockery of tactical voting based on the vote in 2017.

I'd also think about volunteering to help deliver leaflets, etc, as if you don't want to be faced continually with the same choice between Labour and Tories then you are going to have to convince many of the other voters in your constituency to follow your choice of vote.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,810
    Assuming the morons can get organised enough to actually win a vote, I will not be holding my breath.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    eristdoof said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

This is low IQ stuff.

Thinking that the EU will, using your words "roll over in the end" is equally deluded.
    They won’t roll over. But they might offer just enough for Boris to claim he has triumphantly reworked the WA. And force through a deal.

Of course the BXP and ERG will cry foul. But the rest of the country and most Labour MPs will eagerly seize this final chance.

That, I think, is the plan, anyway. Whether Boris gets the opportunity to try it out is now very moot.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,898
    Scott_P said:
    Gymiah very impressive today. He’s had his weetabix this morning. Has given Labour cover to not vote for election on timing point.

Clever.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,952
    edited September 2019
    Charles said:

I'd imagine yer actual Conservatives resigning from the Conservative and Unionist Party is a pretty solid manifestation of that kind of remark.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Chris said:

There’s a bizarre case from Prince Edward Island in 1945 too. But neither of those deal with the present unique circumstances.
    I visit Prince Edward Island on Sunday 22nd September on our Canada-US cruise
    Are you there for a while? If you want to send me a PM happy to introduce you to a friend who lives on the island
    That is very nice of you Charles but only there from 8.00am to 6.00pm and have excursions already booked
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932

eek said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

This is low IQ stuff.

So you think the we will happy bomb our economy into the Stone Age approach is one the eu will work with.

Given that the one thing the EU doesn’t want is another country leaving - a recession in the EU and worse in the UK would proof the point one and for all.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Scott_P said:

Democracy is about persuasion rather than obliteration and there are rules underpinning political conflict that don’t apply in military combat. The prime minister seems to have forgotten that, far from being the nation’s commander-in-chief, he is only “first among equals” in the cabinet and depends for his power on the House of Commons. The scorched-earth approach being pursued by No 10 will make it almost impossible to unite the Tory party, let alone the country, when the skirmishes are over.

Mr Johnson has adopted the Donald Trump tactic of goading his opponents in an attempt to energise his supporters but he has overplayed his hand.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/boris-johnsons-luck-might-be-about-to-run-out-xwg9plxv3

I think I'm right in believing that Rachel Sylvester, the author of this piece in The Tmes and spouse of Guardian journalist Patrick Wintour was never exactly Boris' biggest fan.
    She’s written the same article, with slightly different words, littered with anonymous quotes (from George Osborne) for the last 3 years. She was interesting once.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

CatMan said:
    Just looking back at the history of Runnymede and Weybridge, the Lib Dem candidate in 2005 was Henry Bolton (yes, that one).
    So he stood on a platform for the EU constitution then and advocacy of the euro?

I've said before that the distance between UKIP/ultra hard Brexiteers and EU federalists is far smaller than either would care to admit.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Well @HYUFD thinks 80% Remain Battersea will be a Tory gain.
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,697
    edited September 2019

I have a very very similar problem. I think both the Labour and Conservative parties have gone off the deep end. I’m tempted to vote LD but I’m not sure given the Tories came second in my seat last time.

Who should I vote for?

I live in Bootle.
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    Scott_P said:
    His interview and Barwells tweet was obviously coordinated.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    edited September 2019

Scott_P said:
    Gymiah very impressive today. He’s had his weetabix this morning. Has given Labour cover to not vote for election on timing point.

Clever.
    Gyimah first up for deselection, he even refused to vote for May's Withdrawal Agreement let alone No Deal, chuck him out of the Tory Party tomorrow along with Grieve
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    That's exactly the question I posed yesterday.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Brexit is going to be cancelled. Without an election there is no other way out. The EU will offer a two year extension which we will have to take. As per the H Benn Surrender Treaty, which instructs Boris to do this.

WIthin those two years Brexit will be euthanised.

I think this is it.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187

tlg86 said:

CatMan said:
    So he stood on a platform for the EU constitution then and advocacy of the euro?

I've said before that the distance between UKIP/ultra hard Brexiteers and EU federalists is far smaller than either would care to admit.
    Doesn't it just show that political parties are used as vehicles for self promotion?
  • Options

I am saying appeasement did not work then and will not work now
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Justine Greening is a huge loss, she was the symbol of a resurgent Tory party in 2005. For her to no longer feel at home in the party should be a massive wake up call.

Interestingly, at the time, very much elected as a Eurosceptic.
    Well, there was a time when the BOOers were not necessarily a majority among Eurosceptics. That's why the Lib Dems were able to feel so clever-clever about advocating an in/out referendum at the time of Lisbon. It's a measure of how quickly things have changed that leaving is no longer enough for so many.

Some people, like Greening perhaps, have been left behind by these currents, to be caricatured as Federalist Europhiles, while others have paddled with the current, like our very own dear HYUFD, and have moved further and faster than most.
    I agree with most of that but, to be fair, I think Greening did move Left in office.

She's been on a journey, partly personal and partly political, in my view.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Simply cannot believe what happened yesterday evening. Boris surely realises his threat will fail and he has forced himself into an election he probably cannot win, and the near certainty of a Corbyn led rabble of a Government which will wreck the economy and probably the Union. And that Brexit is dead in the water.

The thought that Corbyn walks into No 10 next month leading an unstable leftie coalition fills me with horror.

What do you fear from Corbyn that has not happened under Boris? That Corbyn might go on an unfunded spending spree? Expel opponents? Play fast and loose with Scotland and Northern Ireland? Pack the government with half a dozen old school chums? Even shut down parliament?

That he’s never met a private sector company or individual working in the private sector that he believes has any virtue (other than Stakhanovite labourers)? That he believes in expropriation of private assets? That he’s never met a terrorist he doesn’t emphasise with? I can do more if helpful.
  • Options

CatMan said:

Don't know if anyone cares but the £ just went below 1.20 against the $

Booking hotel for trade show in San Francisco. £400 a night for basic 3 star hotel
    SF is ludicrous

I’m going out there in Jan and even with a bulk discount the cheapest hotel we can get (the Hyatt) is over $700 a night
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

If anyone has been appeasing it was the EU. The deal they offered May was very generous and respected all of her red lines, but the ERG were too stupid to accept it.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,200
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,089
    Byronic said:

Scott_P said:
    Brexit is going to be cancelled. Without an election there is no other way out. The EU will offer a two year extension which we will have to take. As per the H Benn Surrender Treaty, which instructs Boris to do this.

WIthin those two years Brexit will be euthanised.

I think this is it.
    And if there is an election, it will effectively be a referendum on No Deal - something the Brexiteers have been terrified of all along.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Appeasement? They are not an enemy alien entity. We are all currently all EU citizens.
  • Options
    Charles said:

CatMan said:

Booking hotel for trade show in San Francisco. £400 a night for basic 3 star hotel
    SF is ludicrous

I’m going out there in Jan and even with a bulk discount the cheapest hotel we can get (the Hyatt) is over $700 a night
    Always been massively underwhelmed by SF as a place.
  • Options

A Labour Party just 2% ahead of the LDs,Possibly coming third on votes, which has seen most of its MPs vote against its leader, has seen the likes of Chuka defect to the LDs or CUK and which forced Hoey, Austin and Field from the party while the Tories now have around a 20% lead.

• Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    I see the hard Remain Tory MPs are as unconcerned about losing the argument during the leadership election campaign as they were about losing it during the referendum campaign.

And people wonder why Leavers are against a second referendum, and say we're scared of facing the public. What on earth is the point when our opponents continually refuse to accept the result?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,314
    edited September 2019
    Scott_P said:
    The surprise would be if the current PM ever told the truth.
  • Options
    Charles said:

CatMan said:

SF is ludicrous

All my friends who’ve been there recently say it is also quite horrible. The only people who can afford to live there are stupidly wealthy but boring techies - and the homeless. The streets are full of bums and crackheads and the overpriced coffee shops are full of nerds with nothing to say.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483

I have a very very similar problem. I think both the Labour and Conservative parties have gone off the deep end. I’m tempted to vote LD but I’m not sure given the Tories came second in my seat last time.

Who should I vote for?

I live in Bootle.
    Bootle gos Tory ha ha
  • Options
    The hubris of Cummings is becoming evident. Winning a binary referendum and writing long tortured blogs about change colliding with political reality makes quite a bang- and may take Boris down with it.

On a side note David Allen Green has been schooling Dan Hodges on twitter - well worth a read.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,200
    Some block on the radio yesterday R5, 6.55pm, constitutional expert so yeah what does he know but he was saying (must go back to re-listen) that if royal assent is given to the bill, thus making it an act, Boris can cock around all he likes with general elections but the act would nevertheless need to be complied with.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

Clever.
    Gyimah first up for deselection, he even refused to vote for May's Withdrawal Agreement let alone No Deal, chuck him out of the Tory Party tomorrow along with Grieve
    On deselection I agree with Grieve, Sam and Bebb but the rest of the mps is an act of utter stupidity and so crass stupid, it is hard to believe
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Entirely reasonable. This should of course be a matter of confidence.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483

Scott_P said:
    Well @HYUFD thinks 80% Remain Battersea will be a Tory gain.

Well he would actually put out a leaflet telling voters to vote lib dem if they didn’t endorse every policy of the great leader and good riddance to them
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,913
    Scott_P said:
    Raab has just said on BBC that progress is being made with the negotiations. The EU is shifting it's position, apparently.

Which set of liars do we believe?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited September 2019
    Byronic said:

Charles said:

CatMan said:

SF is ludicrous

All my friends who’ve been there recently say it is also quite horrible. The only people who can afford to live there are stupidly wealthy but boring techies - and the homeless. The streets are full of bums and crackheads and the overpriced coffee shops are full of nerds with nothing to say.
    In my recent experiences, the whole of the west coast has become like that. Portland used to be a nice small city to visit, now it has huge problems with homeless drug addicts and last time i was in seattle the whole area down by the piers was overrun by aggressive whacked zombies.
  • Options
    Mr. B, unfair comment. Mistakes do happen.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,314

Who should I vote for?

I live in Bootle.
    Vote Lib Dem - it's an absurdly safe labour seat, but you never know.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Is there a way of viewing this site without seeing the repetitive and very dull Twitter scraping? The value here should be in posters’ considered views and taking the temperature of people risking their own money - not excitable posting of every thought (without any value add) from every Twitter user, regardless of merit?
  • Options

Raab has just said on BBC that progress is being made with the negotiations. The EU is shifting it's position, apparently.

Total Bollocks, and he knows it.
  • Options
    Byronic said:

Charles said:

CatMan said:

SF is ludicrous

It is a horrible place. The number of homeless, and their absolute destitution, is like nothing else I have seen anywhere outside of India.

This discussion has been closed.