Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If this poll turns out to be accurate then there’s no way Corb

Comments

• Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,983

dixiedean said:

Artist said:

Questions like that are a bit leading, If *SUCH AND SUCH* happens how would you then vote. Placing too much emphasis on the variable factor. The idea Brexit Party would double its vote to 18% based on the remainer parliament successfully delaying Brexit seems far fetched to me.

They want a "strong leader" to steamroller through Brexit. If November, than manifestly Boris is not a strong leader.
    Its not about strong leaders. Its about numbers in Parliament.

The only way to solve that is an election and Boris is strong enough to face up to that. Corbyn is too afraid he'll lose so is running scared.
    You keep saying this but it’s not going to make an election come any sooner.

dixiedean said:

Artist said:

Questions like that are a bit leading, If *SUCH AND SUCH* happens how would you then vote. Placing too much emphasis on the variable factor. The idea Brexit Party would double its vote to 18% based on the remainer parliament successfully delaying Brexit seems far fetched to me.

They want a "strong leader" to steamroller through Brexit. If November, than manifestly Boris is not a strong leader.

The only way to solve that is an election and Boris is strong enough to face up to that. Corbyn is too afraid he'll lose so is running scared.
    You keep saying this but it’s not going to make an election come any sooner.
    It really is excruciating to watch this desperation, isn’t it?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Peston on ITV news says senior Tories have said Boris will refuse to agree to extend Article 50 under any circumstances whatsoever even if the extension bill passes and will challenge the Commons to impeach him first

Impeachment isn't a thing in the UK. He can be VONCed and, as he's not above the law, prosecuted.

I'd write it off as the drunken ramblings of noted wino and wargamer, Dom Cummings.
    Fair enough, it seems Boris will tell the diehard Remainers in the Commons basically 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'
    They did. They were.

Have you been listening over the past few days, or were you at the same wine and cheese party as Dominic?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Peston on ITV news says senior Tories have said Boris will refuse to agree to extend Article 50 under any circumstances whatsoever even if the extension bill passes and will challenge the Commons to impeach him first

Impeachment isn't a thing in the UK. He can be VONCed and, as he's not above the law, prosecuted.

I'd write it off as the drunken ramblings of noted wino and wargamer, Dom Cummings.
    Yes, it is. https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/impeachment/
    The entry you link to ends with "This procedure is considered obsolete."
    https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/foi/foi-and-eir/commons-foi-disclosures/other-house-matters/impeachment-2015/

"However, the 1999 Report from the Joint Committee on Parliamentary Privilege stated that ‘the circumstances in which impeachment has taken place are now so remote from the present that that the procedure may be considered obsolete’."

May be considered obsolete, doesn't mean it isn't a thing. Withholding royal consent might be considered obsolete, but it does exist.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744
    edited September 2019
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I remain astounded he would defy the law in such a way. Outrage at not enacting the referendum is understandable but he and you claim the moral high ground then suggest such actions. That’s no high ground.
  • Options
    tyson said:

tyson said:

dixiedean said:

Artist said:

Are you some kind off mechanised computer robot? ]

No I'm a poster with my own opinion, no different to anyone else.
    Philip...Corbyn accepted the 2016 election without hesitation despite 20% plus opinion poll deficits....

Obviously his decision now is not based on fear of losing.

Your analysis and comments are worthy of the Mail or Mirror- and the people who write those comments know they are complete rubbish. What is your excuse for writing such risible nonsense?
    Don't worry he'll be having 20% deficits come November if this drags on until then.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    edited September 2019
  • Options

Bbc news off to a good start for the buff.

Yes, I am watching it and I read on here that Boris is despised, but he is walking down a high street in the north and people are taking selfies and photos of their children with him. Seems to me like he still has the touch.
    You must have had the volume off

😂
  • Options
    Boris Johnson tried to impeach Tony Blair.
  • Options

Mike informed me earlier on today he may be taking a foreign holiday in November.

That's a shame. It will probably mean another raft of boring repetitive thread leaders.
  • Options
    Remember that people in Morley are happy to vote for Andrea Jenkyns. That's why Bozo went there.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,667
    RobD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Yes, it is. https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/impeachment/
    The entry you link to ends with "This procedure is considered obsolete."
    https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/foi/foi-and-eir/commons-foi-disclosures/other-house-matters/impeachment-2015/

"However, the 1999 Report from the Joint Committee on Parliamentary Privilege stated that ‘the circumstances in which impeachment has taken place are now so remote from the present that that the procedure may be considered obsolete’."

May be considered obsolete, doesn't mean it isn't a thing. Withholding royal consent might be considered obsolete, but it does exist.
    Fair enough - happy to see it resurrected for Boris :smile:
  • Options
    TGOHF said:
    He caved last time.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,817
    edited September 2019
    Scott_P said:
    If they VONC themselves on the final day before prorogation and it passes do we still have the 14 day period where parties look for a successor?

Or do we then go into an election (because Parliament is prorogued beyond 14 days?)
  • Options
    kle4 said:

TGOHF said:
    He caved last time.
    Macrons frit like Jezza.
  • Options

Mike informed me earlier on today he may be taking a foreign holiday in November.

That's a shame. It will probably mean another raft of boring repetitive thread leaders.
    Ah well, since you don't like it here.
  • Options

Would you not be better off reading the many varied articles on Order-Order?
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

Scott_P said:
    Can’t say I’ve ever particularly rated John Crace as a sketch writer - the late Simon Hoggart was unsurpassable in my eyes - but that piece was withering, almost uncomfortable to read.
    If you think the article was uncomfortable, listen to the actual speech. Agonisingly awful. Like you I don't rate John crace but I like his expression for Johnson and Cummings, Dom and Dommer.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    If they VONC themselves on the final day before prorogation and it passes do we still have the 14 day period where parties look for a successor?

Or do we then go into an election (because Parliament is prorogued beyond 14 days?)
    FTPA only says 14 days, it doesn't specify if those have to be sitting days.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979

GIN1138 said:

What if the Brexit Party take off? I mean, really take off? Take seats from Con and Lab and finish up making a Con/BXP coalition viable?

This is another concern for me with a post-Oct election. There are a lot of Labour seats where even now people won’t vote Tory no matter what. BXP, though, could be a threat in core vote territory if they really get going.
    The Brexit supporting media would be forced into either supporting Johnson & the Tories or supporting Farage and the Brexit party. It is difficult to support both and have an effective impact! Extension of A50 is good for Labour IMO. In a FPTP election the brexit supporting media is going to have to back the Tories which nulifies TBP. :wink:
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 707

GIN1138 said:

The public will know who is responsible for there being a delay due to Corbyn's Surrender Bill and the Remainers in Parliament.

If it has to be a November vote lets have it for Guy Fawkes Night.

Would love a November 5th election. :D
    How come you keep promoting election dates that are not thursdays? I realise it is possible to have an election on any day. But it seems odd.
    Boris wants one on a Tuesday, presumably to give him a couple of days to catch his breath before the EU summit.

I agree it would feel very strange to go to the polls on a day other than a Thursday.
  • Options

And it wasn't even debated as it's obsolete and just not a thing in the UK now. Impeachment is about indictment on criminal charges where, as in the US, you can't indict a serving President on criminal charges in a "real" court. But, here in the UK, you can so that's what you do.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

It doesn't seem to be possible to re-wind ITV1's streaming service, unlike BBC and Sky. Disappointing.

Peston said *some* senior Tories have suggested this and if it came to pass a lot of cabinet ministers would resign, as the Prime Minister would be breaking the law of the land.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995
    edited September 2019
    HYUFD said:

I remain astounded he would defy the law in such a way. Outrage at not enacting the referendum is understandable but he and you claim the moral high ground then suggest such actions. That’s no high ground.

We tried the moral high ground with May, it did not work sadly and her Withdrawal Agreement compromise did not work, so now it is all out war with Corbyn and the diehard Remainers with Boris and Cummings to deliver Brexit at all costs
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,614
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

It is 14 calendar days, not sitting days.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

The public will know who is responsible for there being a delay due to Corbyn's Surrender Bill and the Remainers in Parliament.

How come you keep promoting election dates that are not thursdays? I realise it is possible to have an election on any day. But it seems odd.
    Remember, remember the 5th of November... ;)
  • Options
    I can see a way through the current impasse.

Boris has said he would rather die in a ditch than extend A50. If he would just like to quietly go off and do that we can then ask someone else to sign the (already drafted) letter to the EU.

:smile:
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Fair enough, it seems Boris will tell the diehard Remainers in the Commons basically 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough'
    Wouldn’t it be the cops in this context?
  • Options
    NeilVW said:

GIN1138 said:

Boris wants one on a Tuesday, presumably to give him a couple of days to catch his breath before the EU summit.

I agree it would feel very strange to go to the polls on a day other than a Thursday.
    I was once involved in a local council by-election held on a Tuesday to avoid a clash with a pantomime at the church hall (which served as a polling station) on the Thursday.

Seemed oddly apposite to mention.
  • Options

And it wasn't even debated as it's obsolete and just not a thing in the UK now. Impeachment is about indictment on criminal charges where, as in the US, you can't indict a serving President on criminal charges in a "real" court. But, here in the UK, you can so that's what you do.
    Don't non-common law "crimes" need to have a punishment listed in the statute in order to go to court?

If Boris doesn't send the letter what sanction could it have? It didn't seem to have a sanction included in the law?
  • Options
    In a parallel universe PM Ed Miliband is preparing his final conference speech ahead of his 2020 re-election campaign.
  • Options
    Brexit keeps getting better.

No Deal : not as bad as the Great Famine.
    Boris : not Hitler.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Scott_P said:
    This whole thing is just such a ridiculous pantomime.

We're going to end up having Boris Johnson, along with all his remaining MPs, voting that he has no confidence in himself - and Jeremy Corbyn and the rest of the Opposition MPs voting that they have complete confidence in Boris Johnson, just to try to imprison him in office until he goes to Brussels and does as he's told.

He really ought to resign, and if the reluctance to do so is down to a fear of empowering Corbyn then he could always advise HM to call for Ken Clarke instead, could he not?
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,965

Remember that people in Morley are happy to vote for Andrea Jenkyns. That's why Bozo went there.

Yes. Was interesting he made his speech in Wakefield. Then went for his walkabout not in Wakefield, where there are 3 Labour northern leave seats.
    But next door to support his mate in a Tory held marginal.
  • Options

Don't non-common law "crimes" need to have a punishment listed in the statute in order to go to court?

If Boris doesn't send the letter what sanction could it have? It didn't seem to have a sanction included in the law?
    Civil court action for specific performance, and criminal court for failure specifically to perform.
  • Options
    tyson said:

tyson said:

dixiedean said:

Artist said:

Are you some kind off mechanised computer robot? ]

No I'm a poster with my own opinion, no different to anyone else.
    Philip...Corbyn accepted the 2016 election without hesitation despite 20% plus opinion poll deficits....

Obviously his decision now is not based on fear of losing.

Your analysis and comments are worthy of the Mail or Mirror- and the people who write those comments know they are complete rubbish. What is your excuse for writing such risible nonsense?
    I can stomach the risible stuff, it’s amusing.

It’s the boring, repetitive, amateurish attack lines that do for me.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

We're going to end up having Boris Johnson, along with all his remaining MPs, voting that he has no confidence in himself - and Jeremy Corbyn and the rest of the Opposition MPs voting that they have complete confidence in Boris Johnson, just to try to imprison him in office until he goes to Brussels and does as he's told.

He really ought to resign, and if the reluctance to do so is down to a fear of empowering Corbyn then he could always advise HM to call for Ken Clarke instead, could he not?
    He could but Corbyn would vote down PM Clarke as would the ERG so he could not form a government either.

• Options

Scott_P said:

If the government VoNCs themselves there will be a short GoNU to effect the extension. The opposition parties have shown in the past three weeks they can work very well together.

What a glavanising effect Boris has had!
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,979
    edited September 2019
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

We tried the moral high ground with May, it did not work sadly and her Withdrawal Agreement compromise did not work, so now it is all out war with Corbyn and the diehard Remainers with Boris and Cummings to deliver Brexit at all costs
    The problem you have is that the Brexit they will deliver is one you really don't want and no matter what it is won't be good enough for the BXP..
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    RobD said:

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

But either the government or another government have to demonstrate the confidence the house which they can't do without it sitting. They can't just tell Liz they'd probs be ok
    Certainly at the least Boris could say hes not resigning as the house has not voted confidence in anyone else
  • Options
    The SNP’s plan to turn Glasgow into Belfast seems to be going well.

https://twitter.com/glasgowalbum/status/1169690166438572032?s=21
  • Options

Boris has said he would rather die in a ditch than extend A50. If he would just like to quietly go off and do that we can then ask someone else to sign the (already drafted) letter to the EU.

Ben - you are better than suggesting someone , anyone , goes and dies in a ditch.

We all need to respect life no matter how much we disagree with them, and don't forget I asked for his resignation today
  • Options

RobD said:

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

But either the government or another government have to demonstrate the confidence the house which they can't do without it sitting. They can't just tell Liz they'd probs be ok
    Certainly at the least Boris could say hes not resigning as the house has not voted confidence in anyone else
    Then no alternative can be tested, and there will be an election because the 14 days will have expired.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

What if the Brexit Party take off? I mean, really take off? Take seats from Con and Lab and finish up making a Con/BXP coalition viable?

This is another concern for me with a post-Oct election. There are a lot of Labour seats where even now people won’t vote Tory no matter what. BXP, though, could be a threat in core vote territory if they really get going.
    The Brexit supporting media would be forced into either supporting Johnson & the Tories or supporting Farage and the Brexit party. It is difficult to support both and have an effective impact! Extension of A50 is good for Labour IMO. In a FPTP election the brexit supporting media is going to have to back the Tories which nulifies TBP. :wink:
    And there are a number of Labour seats where people might vote Brexit Party. And did in the Euros. But less so if they are openly going to prop up a Tory government.
  • Options

In a parallel universe PM Ed Miliband is preparing his final conference speech ahead of his 2020 re-election campaign.

While his brother launches a coup against him
  • Options

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/11/milifan-prime-minister-ed-miliband
  • Options
    NooNoo Posts: 2,380

Brexit keeps getting better.

No Deal : not as bad as the Great Famine.
    Boris : not Hitler.
    For one thing, Hitler probably brushed his teeth.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

Then no alternative can be tested, and there will be an election because the 14 days will have expired.
    Sounds like it's been wargamed!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

That would be excellent. The ONLY reason Labour are refusing a pre-Oct 31 election is to make Boris break his word and dent his popularity with BXP supporters.

But two can play at that game. He should expose the opposition strategy for the craven gimmick it is, and tell them to go **** themselves if they think he's going to request an extension. And then let the chips fall where they may.
  • Options

Ben - you are better than suggesting someone , anyone , goes and dies in a ditch.

We all need to respect life no matter how much we disagree with them, and don't forget I asked for his resignation today
    It's probably the only way Boris isn't going to be forced into an impossible (for him) situation.

Mind you if he signs the letter asking for an extension he will probably not be the shortest serving PM of all time to go alongside second worst.
  • Options
    I'm sad because I blundered mate in 2 in my chess match, someone cheer me up with a wild and wacky prediction!
  • Options
    eek said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

The problem you have is that the Brexit they will deliver is one you really don't want and no matter what it is won't be good enough for the BXP..

As long as Brexit is delivered and the Tories do not extend again Boris can win a majority as the BXP will only be at UKIP 2015 levels max, if Boris extends again then the BXP will be close to 20% and Boris cannot win most likely
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,600
    edited September 2019

BBC vox pops from Crewe very supportive of Boris and leaving the EU. The good folks of Morley seemed so too, except for the one big gob.

Yes, I was watching as well and came to the same conclusion from that and also the ITV film from Wakefield. You would never have guessed it from this site.

Reading threads on RemainerPoliticalBetting.com is a good way to establish the mood amongst Remainers who are also committed enough political anoraks to participate on political blog sites. As such it's also a really lousy way of gaining a balanced perspective of the public mood amongst the 99% of the public who do not indulge themselves thus.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,334
    I'm wary of conditional polling too - would help to see the exact wording. But it suggests that all the turmoil has shifted votes very much either way - a 7-point lead is about the average recently.
  • Options

I'm sad because I blundered mate in 2 in my chess match, someone cheer me up with a wild and wacky prediction!

Someone on PB will eat a slice of pineapple pizza tomorrow.
  • Options
    blueblue said:

HYUFD said:

That would be excellent. The ONLY reason Labour are refusing a pre-Oct 31 election is to make Boris break his word and dent his popularity with BXP supporters.

But two can play at that game. He should expose the opposition strategy for the craven gimmick it is, and tell them to go **** themselves if they think he's going to request an extension. And then let the chips fall where they may.
    I suspect Boris would have difficulty running an electoral campaign from a prison cell.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

While his brother launches a coup against him
    That's not a parallel universe. That's today in the Tory Party.
  • Options

They could *probably* do it with just signatures on a letter. However they can't really rely on that since a key person in the middle of the decision, the outgoing PM, has previous briefed that he won't do his job.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079

BBC vox pops from Crewe very supportive of Boris and leaving the EU. The good folks of Morley seemed so too, except for the one big gob.

Yes, I was watching as well and came to the same conclusion from that and also the ITV film from Wakefield. You would never have guessed it from this site.

Reading threads on RemainerPoliticalBetting.com is a good way to establish the mood amongst Remainers who are also committed enough political anoraks to participate on political blog sites. As such it's also a really lousy way of gaining a balanced perspective of the public mood of the 99% of the public who do not indulge themselves thus.
    BrexiteersWhingingPoliticalBetting.com you mean?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

At all costs.

Is anything political worth doing regardless of the cost, any cost at all?
  • Options

Well Boris suggested it first! I don't seriously believe Boris meant it literally, nor do you.

Nor do I mean it literally.

Macmillan dictionary defines it this:

"die in a ditch INFORMAL to make extreme sacrifices for a cause"
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

Ahhhhhhh... Now then, we have a winner! :D
  • Options
    RobD said:

Ban this sick filth.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

Do stop this constant thought policing.
  • Options

It appears not.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    eek said:

blueblue said:

HYUFD said:

I suspect Boris would have difficulty running an electoral campaign from a prison cell.
    Not necessarily, Boris would become a martyr to the Leave cause, a symbolic resistance fighter, a Nelson Mandela for Brexit

Boris could be the first UK party leader to lead his party to general election victory from prison (even if he cannot return to Parliament himself)
  • Options
    NooNoo Posts: 2,380
    TGOHF said:

The SNP’s plan to turn Glasgow into Belfast seems to be going well.

https://twitter.com/glasgowalbum/status/1169690166438572032?s=21

I thought the SNP's plan was to turn it into Dublin?
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

CCHQ parachutes Boris into Spreadsheet Phil's old seat, to save him from being ousted in Uxbridge. Hammond stands as independent and defeats him.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138

HYUFD said:

Impeachment is considered obsolete in the U.K. but you don’t know until you try
  • Options

CCHQ parachutes Boris into Spreadsheet Phil's old seat, to save him from being ousted in Uxbridge. Hammond stands as independent and defeats him.
    Scenes
  • Options

RobD said:

Ban this sick filth.
    Now, now. It's just a prediction, not a threat. :)
  • Options

They could *probably* do it with just signatures on a letter. However they can't really rely on that since a key person in the middle of the decision, the outgoing PM, has previous briefed that he won't do his job.
    I think the Act says the house has to pass an explicit vote of confidence
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,334
    edited September 2019

Scott_P said:
    Can’t say I’ve ever particularly rated John Crace as a sketch writer - the late Simon Hoggart was unsurpassable in my eyes - but that piece was withering, almost uncomfortable to read.
    Crace is excellent - always my first go to in the Grauniad!
    Not a fan - sketch writers always take remarks out of context, but he actually makes stuff up, which means we don't know if we're laughing at what X actually said or at Crace's idea of what he might have said. Marina Hyde is much better value.

Incidentally, I once said something like that in a below the line comment on a Crace piece. It was promptly redacted.
  • Options
    eek said:

It's probably the only way Boris isn't going to be forced into an impossible (for him) situation.

Mind you if he signs the letter asking for an extension he will probably not be the shortest serving PM of all time to go alongside second worst.
    The sad thing is that TM was a colossus compared to Boris, but then Corbyn is likely to be even worse

We need a complete clearout of the HOC asap and if it is November, so be it

Mind you I am not sure how Boris can attend the council meeting and as he has to ask for an extension by the 19th October, his refusal would come slap bang in the middle of the campaign

Has anyone thought of that ?
  • Options

Sexy. I like that
  • Options
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

At all costs.

Is anything political worth doing regardless of the cost, any cost at all?
    Probably World War 2. Difficult to think of another example.
  • Options
    Why is everyone assuming Boris can refuse to " sign " the letter ? The text of the letter is in the Bill. The Bill creates a legal duty on the office of PM to send it. Why won't the Civil Service just send the letter on autopilot as part of compliance ? What do you think would happen if a Council Leader instructed a Council Chief Exec not to fulfill a statutory duty ?
  • Options

RobD said:

Ban this sick filth.
    Have you tried banana pizza?

Bacon and banana is a great combo for a pizza.
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    eek said:

blueblue said:

HYUFD said:

Careful. I am not actually sure that Boris in a prison cell will play out among voters in the manner you fondly imagine.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,614
    HYUFD said:

eek said:

blueblue said:

HYUFD said:

Not necessarily, Boris would become a martyr to the Leave cause, a symbolic resistance fighter, a Nelson Mandela for Brexit

Boris could be the first UK party leader to lead his party to general election victory from prison (even if he cannot return to Parliament himself)
    Adolf wrote a book when in his prison cell as I recall..
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    QT audience clapss Richard Tice calling Emily Thornberry a liar after she previously said she would respect the Leave vote
  • Options

RobD said:

Ban this sick filth.

The wackiest food combo i've had was a strawberry burger. It was quite delicious.

Bacon and banana sounds disgusting, however. :o
  • Options
    blueblue said:

HYUFD said:

Exactly
  • Options
    Maybe Uxbridge could activate a recall petition if Boris is found in contempt of Parliament?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,291
    edited September 2019
    Ishmael_Z said:

Do stop this constant thought policing.
    Not on the subject of anyone' s death. If you do not like it skim over my post

Jo Cox comes to mind
  • Options

Sorry, yes, you're right, so if the MPs signed a letter and the outgoing PM did his job then the new PM would take over, but then technically the FTPA would require him/her to call an election.
  • Options

eek said:

The sad thing is that TM was a colossus compared to Boris, but then Corbyn is likely to be even worse

We need a complete clearout of the HOC asap and if it is November, so be it

Mind you I am not sure how Boris can attend the council meeting and as he has to ask for an extension by the 19th October, his refusal would come slap bang in the middle of the campaign

Has anyone thought of that ?
    I don't see any election being called until October 22nd after the Queen's speech.

Why would labour agree to an election prior to proroguing Parliament when as soon as it's prorogued they can say - Boris if you want you election just recall Parliament.

And Boris won't be able to until the Queen's speech is finished on October 22nd.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

eek said:

blueblue said:

HYUFD said:

Adolf wrote a book when in his prison cell as I recall..
    He did indeed and 8 years later was elected chancellor (not that I am comparing Boris to Hitler of course)
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited September 2019

Maybe Uxbridge could activate a recall petition if Boris is found in contempt of Parliament?

The neighbouring seat of Ruislip, one of the safest Tory seats, is now available.

Although Ruislip is estimated to have voted Remain by 51% to 49%, whereas Uxbridge voted Leave by 56% to 44%.
  • Options

RobD said:

Ban this sick filth.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    HYUFD said:

QT audience clapss Richard Tice calling Emily Thornberry a liar after she previously said she would respect the Leave vote

Where is the show being broadcast from this week?
  • Options
    Gabs2Gabs2 Posts: 1,268

Sorry, yes, you're right, so if the MPs signed a letter and the outgoing PM did his job then the new PM would take over, but then technically the FTPA would require him/her to call an election.
    It is a bit odd that the job of Prime Minister now requires you to be supportive of EU membership.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

HYUFD said:

Where is the show being broadcast from this week?
    London :D
This discussion has been closed.