Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Will Dominic Cummings still be senior adviser to Boris Johnson

13»

Comments

• Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,635

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

Anyone seen Joker?

No, fortunately. He's quite bad enough in Downing Street, I don't want to see him in Cannock.
    It's all...part of...the plaaaaaannnn
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AXgaFqEas
    Indeed. I was thinking of linking to clips of the new film that have leaked onto YouTube, but, y'know...spoilers. :(
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,931
    Charles said:

Charles said:

geoffw said:

geoffw said:

Charles said:

eristdoof said:

Dont know anything about his policies or popularity but Latvian PM comes across very well on Marr speaking in a foreign language. Puts our politicians (almost) across the board to shame.

There are 3 MPS who regularly give interviews in German on German radio, conveniently one Tory, one Labour and one LD. Farage despite having a German wife does not give interviews in German.

I'm guessing there are more who can/could give interviews in French or Spanish
    How do they come across? I am not praising him solely for speaking English, I was (trying to) praise him for coming across as articulate, pragmatic, clear, confident and concise, out of which most of are MPs can only manage 2 or 3.
    The Baltics are a little unusual in that a generation of people grew up listening to the World Service (broadcast from Helsinki) as an act of minor rebellion against the Russians
    Finnish TV could be seen in Estonia, where the native Estonians also generally understand the language (whereas the 40% immigrant Russian speakers do not). It was quite a thing for them to see advertised products not available in their own country. They could have no doubt as to the relative standard of living under capitalism and Soviet communism.
    I understand it took the might Red Army the best part of ten years to eliminate the Forest Brothers, the Estonian anti-Russian resistance, after reconquest in 1944/5.
    And no, AIUI, the Brothers weren't pro-German. They were pro-Estonian.
    Easy to understand the attachment the Baltics have for the EU as a bulwark against their overbearing and often hostile neighbour.
    They were even willing to crown Prince Edward as their King..,
    Which Edward? VIII? Take it that was 1944 or so?
    In 1990 (I think) - Edward, Earl of Wessex was the lucky gentleman. He wanted to but the FCO was concerned about the risk of us having to intervene if Russia invaded so the government vetoed the idea
    Obliged for the info. As the Irish and the Welsh found, it's no fun living next to a powerful and aggressive neighbour. Need all the friends you can get!
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

Anyone seen Joker?

No, fortunately. He's quite bad enough in Downing Street, I don't want to see him in Cannock.
    Indeed. I was thinking of linking to clips of the new film that have leaked onto YouTube, but, y'know...spoilers. :(
    Heath Ledger will always be the best Joker! (and no, I haven't seen the new film!)
  • Options
    Charles said:

geoffw said:

geoffw said:

Charles said:

eristdoof said:

Dont know anything about his policies or popularity but Latvian PM comes across very well on Marr speaking in a foreign language. Puts our politicians (almost) across the board to shame.

There are 3 MPS who regularly give interviews in German on German radio, conveniently one Tory, one Labour and one LD. Farage despite having a German wife does not give interviews in German.

How do they come across? I am not praising him solely for speaking English, I was (trying to) praise him for coming across as articulate, pragmatic, clear, confident and concise, out of which most of are MPs can only manage 2 or 3.
    The Baltics are a little unusual in that a generation of people grew up listening to the World Service (broadcast from Helsinki) as an act of minor rebellion against the Russians
    Finnish TV could be seen in Estonia, where the native Estonians also generally understand the language (whereas the 40% immigrant Russian speakers do not). It was quite a thing for them to see advertised products not available in their own country. They could have no doubt as to the relative standard of living under capitalism and Soviet communism.
    I understand it took the might Red Army the best part of ten years to eliminate the Forest Brothers, the Estonian anti-Russian resistance, after reconquest in 1944/5.
    Easy to understand the attachment the Baltics have for the EU as a bulwark against their overbearing and often hostile neighbour.
    Citation needed?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,635

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

Anyone seen Joker?

Heath Ledger will always be the best Joker! (and no, I haven't seen the new film!)
    I think if you see the new one, you may change your mind. However, it's probably best if you don't see "Taxi Driver" also... :(
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,143

Let's not argue about 'oo insulted 'oo... this is meant to be a happy website.

Choo Choo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQvmCzILBfE
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,931

Charles said:

geoffw said:

geoffw said:

Charles said:

eristdoof said:

Citation needed?
    I found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f164/royals-asked-or-who-became-monarchs-of-another-country-29576-3.html
    Appears to be a British site; adverts in £'s.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    edited October 2019
    1 out of 6 people in the USA suffer from food poisoning every year compared to 1 out of 66 people in the UK.

Leavers can’t wait to sign upto a US trade deal , they obviously like spending hours on the toilet and vomiting their guts up.

# Sunny Uplands !
  • Options
    ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

Anyone seen Joker?

I think if you see the new one, you may change your mind. However, it's probably best if you don't see "Taxi Driver" also... :(
    Delicate types reported as “walking out” due to upsetting scenes invading their safe space.

Haven’t seen it but itching to.
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981

And for that reason if Brexit is reversed - a growing possibility IMO - it will not be revived. No serious politician will propose putting the country through a rerun of the past three years.

We seem to lack serious politicians. The 3rd-raters are in charge...

The 4th-raters are in opposition at the moment
  • Options
    nico67 said:

1 out of 6 people in the USA suffer from food poisoning every year compared to 1 out of 66 people in the UK.

Leavers can’t wait to sign upto a US trade deal , they obviously like spending hours on the toilet and vomiting their guts up.

# Sunny Uplands !

No - we’ll be eating less French food by then so less chance of that.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502

nico67 said:

# Sunny Uplands !

Another Leaver who doesn’t do facts ! So par for the course then !
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981

SunnyJim said:

malcolmg said:

Very adult, surefire winning tactics

What are they going to do, start negotiating in bad faith?
    They are already proposing to do that - asking for extensions that they will say are pointless to ensure they do not get one.

There is also the alleged Hungarian tie-up where they are reportedly asking a foreign govt to work against the UK's interests. I think it used to be called Treason and involved the death penalty. They might want to think about moving Priti Patel to a less crucial dept :D:D
    If you want Brexit done and dusted, then having Hunagary (or A N Other EU Nation) call an end to any more extensions is working FOR the UK's interests. That you want Brexit killed inures you to this. Instead, it is you who resorts to emotive language.
    Damaging the country's economy in pursuit of a political fantasy is not in the country's interest.

Brexit has already done damage. Forcing us out would simply do more.
  • Options
    nico67 said:

nico67 said:

# Sunny Uplands !

Another Leaver who doesn’t do facts ! So par for the course then !
    Another remainer spouting usual alarmist BS based on usual Euro chauvinism.
  • Options
    nico67 said:

# Sunny Uplands !

That's highly contentious. No doubt you'll question the source but the relevant information is linked from this article.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/fact-checking-the-bbc-fact-checkers/
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    TGOHF2 said:
    But as he says 'Boris Johnson has a mandate from 160,000. Parliament, which would choose his successor, has a mandate from 46 million."
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,827
    ---- And Im back PB more addictive than Betfair

2019-07-07 23:00
    to
    2019-10-06 12:22

No idea where Profit went

American Football: £256.99 | Australian Rules: -£108.19 | Basketball: £220.38 | Boxing: £6.40 | Cricket: £204.37 | Darts: -£16.49 | Football: £767.86 | Golf: £618.66 | Horse Racing: £300.85 | Politics: £9.44 | Rugby League: £170.54 | Rugby Union: £224.17 | Snooker: -£509.32 | Tennis: -£245.47 | Volleyball: £75.99 Total P&L: £1,976.18
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,317

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

Anyone seen Joker?

Jack Nicholson says hi.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    malcolmg said:

Charles said:

malcolmg said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

SunnyJim said:

malcolmg said:

Very adult, surefire winning tactics

What are they going to do, start negotiating in bad faith?
    They are already proposing to do that - asking for extensions that they will say are pointless to ensure they do not get one.

There is also the alleged Hungarian tie-up where they are reportedly asking a foreign govt to work against the UK's interests. I think it used to be called Treason and involved the death penalty. They might want to think about moving Priti Patel to a less crucial dept :D:D
    They disagree about what is in the UK’s interests
    That is the standard position of traitors, yes? I don’t recall Leavers showing such latitude to the views of Remainers when they conflicted with national policy.
    The government has greater latitude in foreign policy than individual citizens
    LOL :D , I bet you don't even realise how you come across , you are so ingrained in the elite, imagining you are so clever and infallible, you actually believe they deserve to do as they wish and just crap on "citizens" as it suits them
    No. I just believe that governments have the right to pursue foreign policy as they see fit (subject to parliamentary oversight) and that the voters can judge them at the next election
    This lot should be out asap they are the worst I have ever seen, a bunch of lying crooks. The UK system may have been OK 200 years ago but it is so obsolete it needs scrapped and modernised immediately. UK is doomed by actions of these clowns.
    Obviously Labour disagrees as they don’t want a general election
  • Options

---- And Im back PB more addictive than Betfair

2019-07-07 23:00
    to
    2019-10-06 12:22

No idea where Profit went

American Football: £256.99 | Australian Rules: -£108.19 | Basketball: £220.38 | Boxing: £6.40 | Cricket: £204.37 | Darts: -£16.49 | Football: £767.86 | Golf: £618.66 | Horse Racing: £300.85 | Politics: £9.44 | Rugby League: £170.54 | Rugby Union: £224.17 | Snooker: -£509.32 | Tennis: -£245.47 | Volleyball: £75.99 Total P&L: £1,976.18

Welcome back, BJO.

What was the problem? This place not the same without you.
  • Options
    TGOHF2TGOHF2 Posts: 584
    This cat and mouse game in Westminster is utterly painful to watch. 2 more weeks of it to go at least though.
This discussion has been closed.