Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Punters start backing O’Rourke again after he tells Oprah he’l

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited February 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Punters start backing O’Rourke again after he tells Oprah he’ll make his mind up by the end of the month

The big developments in the WH2020 race have been an appearance by one-time Democratic nomination favourite, Beto O’Rourke on Oprah’s V show and reports on BuzzFeed that the man toping the nomination polling, 76 year old Joe Biden, has made no contact at all with the states that hold their primaries first.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,952
    toping?
  • El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    edited February 2019
    This rich text post has been left with your neighbour
  • Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,224
    edited February 2019
    first test
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,259

Second?

First... quote
  • second test
  • KLOBUCHAR?
  • third test
  • KLOBUCHAR?

OH MY GOD THE QUOTES ARE BACK
  • KLOBUCHAR?

YAAASS
  • KLOBUCHAR?

YAAASS
    HUNTY
  • great. i seem to have won the first three tests.
  • And a quote button !!!

KLOBUCHAR?

SHAGGY?
  • Inside the mind of O'Rourke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4-lKMGII_k
  • KLOBUCHAR?

Yay it works
  • Our posts may not be rich, but at least they are properly rendered.

• first test

West Indies won by 381 runs

second test

West Indies won by 10 wickets

third test

Christ knows, but it can hardly be any worse
  • FPT

You gov leader

TM 40

DK 39

CORBYN 19% (not a misprint)
  • great. i seem to have won the first three tests.

A call from the chairman of the board of selectors awaits.
    FPT: Kinabalu "I'm on a bus - top deck front seat.
    Is there anything better? Not sure there is."

Better, but more transient, is the pleasure of opening a new tub of drinking chocolate, as the spoon breaks that paper seal.

(Plus, there's no risk of decapitation from the driver taking a wrong turn and whacking a low bridge....)
    FPT:

Also YouGov best pm.

TM 40

DN 39

CORBYN 19 (not a misprint 19% )

How many respondents thought Theresa May and Don't Know were one and the same? :wink:
  • FPT:

Also YouGov best pm.

TM 40

DN 39

How many respondents thought Theresa May and Don't Know were one and the same? :wink:
    No then - behave !!!!

FPT:

Also YouGov best pm.

TM 40

DN 39

Corbynistas will be along to tell you that Jeremy will win all those 39 DKs in 3....2.......
  • Can anyone explain what's happening with May's visit to Europe today?
    I've read news articles stating that the EU chiefs have responded by ruling out any legally binding changes, and read other articles stating that the EU have opened the door to legally binding changes which will be determined by end of February.

What's really going on?
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    edited February 2019
    The proportion who think that Britain was right to vote to leave the EU has dropped again, and now stands at 39 per cent, down two points since the end of January, with 48 per cent saying the UK was wrong to vote to leave. Some 73 per cent of Labour voters oppose Britain’s vote to leave, with only 19 per cent saying Britain was right to leave.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Can anyone explain what's happening with May's visit to Europe today?
    I've read news articles stating that the EU chiefs have responded by ruling out any legally binding changes, and read other articles stating that the EU have opened the door to legally binding changes which will be determined by end of February.

What's really going on?

Almost certainly nothing is going on.
  • Can anyone explain what's happening with May's visit to Europe today?

What's really going on?

Kicking can down the road together now, with likely outcome a deal in March and 3 month extension
  • toping?

I see @TSE has restored the Alternative Quote!
  • The proportion who think that Britain was right to vote to leave the EU has dropped again, and now stands at 39 per cent, down two points since the end of January, with 48 per cent saying the UK was right to vote to leave. Some 73 per cent of Labour voters oppose Britain’s vote to leave, with only 19 per cent saying Britain was right to leave.

Not sure if that makes sense
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,715
    edited February 2019
    FPT

@OldKingCole All rings true. Methodism and the temperance movement were strong in South Wales, weren't they?

Makes you wonder how men used to meet women, really. I've never been socially conservative about that sort of thing and refused to join two gentleman's clubs because of it. (not to make a feminist point, incidentally, but because I didn't want to spend £1,200 a year for the privilege of hanging round with a load of dull old farts on a Friday night without a single lady in sight.)

Well, I met one girl whom I thought was going to be THE ONE (and IIRC so did she for a while) outside an A Level exam room just after the exam...... it was (don't snigger) practical Zoology and we all had to meet up in London ...... and the other, who was, a couple of years later at a Student Union dance.
  • gypsumfantasticgypsumfantastic Posts: 258
    edited February 2019
    Jonathan said:

What's really going on?

Did anyone, seriously, in their right mind, not believe Mrs May was going to spend another two weeks furiously doing nothing in the most displacement-heavy way imaginable?
    Interesting to see in the YouGov breakdown that the North is now 48% wrong to leave, 39% right to leave. It suggests Corbyn's fear of getting mullered in northern constituencies if he supports Remain/2nd Ref might be misplaced.
  • SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095

Jonathan said:

What's really going on?

Did anyone, seriously, in their right mind, not believe Mrs May was going to spend another two weeks furiously doing nothing in the most displacement-heavy way imaginable?
    Your utter negativity is getting very tedious.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,547
    (FPT) Liking the Orwell piece...

"They are also inclined to despise rabbits, and rabbit-rearing for the table has never been extensively practiced in Britain. On the other hand they will eat young rooks, which are shot in May and baked in pies...."

"The fish fried in oil to which the British working classes are especially addicted is definitely nasty, and has been an enemy of home cookery, since it can be bought everywhere in the big towns, ready cooked and at low prices...."

"The other main category of puddings – milk puddings – is the kind of thing that one would prefer to pass over in silence, but it must be mentioned, since these dishes are, unfortunately, characteristic of Britain. They are preparations of rice, semolina, barley, sago or even macaroni, mixed with milk and sugar and baked in the oven. The one made with barley is somewhat less bad then the others: the one made with macaroni is intolerable to any civilised palate...."
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

KLOBUCHAR?

YAAASS
    HUNTY
    It's so beautiful :o:D
  • Gucci withdraws $890 jumper after blackface backlash

https://amp.theguardian.com/fashion/2019/feb/07/gucci-withdraws-jumper-blackface-balaclava

I don’t really buy that it is racist, but what absolute twat would buy such an item of clothing.
  • RobD said:

KLOBUCHAR?

YAAASS
    HUNTY
    It's so beautiful :o:D
    It's still messed up on mobile though.

The proportion who think that Britain was right to vote to leave the EU has dropped again, and now stands at 39 per cent, down two points since the end of January, with 48 per cent saying the UK was right to vote to leave. Some 73 per cent of Labour voters oppose Britain’s vote to leave, with only 19 per cent saying Britain was right to leave.

TSE has now wronged his right :-)

https://amp.theguardian.com/fashion/2019/feb/07/gucci-withdraws-jumper-blackface-balaclava

I don’t really buy that it is racist, but what absolute twat would buy such an item of clothing.

I own a pair of Gucci trainers that cost £700.

It isn't even in top five of the most expensive footwear I own.
  • The proportion who think that Britain was right to vote to leave the EU has dropped again, and now stands at 39 per cent, down two points since the end of January, with 48 per cent saying the UK was right to vote to leave. Some 73 per cent of Labour voters oppose Britain’s vote to leave, with only 19 per cent saying Britain was right to leave.

TSE has now wronged his right :-)
    On good form tonight Ben
  • Mr. Eagles, *sighs*

You decadent materialist.

So you fancying a blackface jumper to go with them?

So you fancying a blackface jumper to go with them?
    No, I already have a ski mask that gives me a black face.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,836
    A tacky reality TV star as president is one thing but looking like Alan Partridge?
    I don't think so.
    Lay till the cows come home.
  • Mr. Eagles, *sighs*

You decadent materialist.

Comfortable footwear has always been important to me, the fact that it looks good is merely coincidence.

That said I never bought the most comfortable pair of shoes I ever tried on.

It was like angels were massaging your feet whilst you wore them, alas they were made out of crocodile leather.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,547

Gucci withdraws $890 jumper after blackface backlash

But your Manolos surely count as fetish items rather than footwear ?

• Still is my 'favourite' piece of clothing.

£750 for a scarf that looks like a lady's private parts.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2018/oct/15/fendi-750-pound-vulva-scarf-makes-wearers-look-like-theyre-being-born
    Called this yesterday:

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/1093567779888943106

Corbyn's "shift" is all about kneecapping May. The EU has said to her "Corbyn's deal could get a majority, we don't need to indulge you". And all May emerged with today was a plaintive moan about Tusk's language.
  • MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,921

Interesting to see in the YouGov breakdown that the North is now 48% wrong to leave, 39% right to leave. It suggests Corbyn's fear of getting mullered in northern constituencies if he supports Remain/2nd Ref might be misplaced.

Surely it’s the Midland marginals that worry the leadership, rather than safe seats in the North?
  • Nigelb said:

Gucci withdraws $890 jumper after blackface backlash

But your Manolos surely count as fetish items rather than footwear ?
    They are a bit 'hooker heels' for my liking.
    edited February 2019
    Mortimer said:

Surely it’s the Midland marginals that worry the leadership, rather than safe seats in the North?
    "The North" is generally what's quoted in the media. Though I grant you that your average London newspaper columnist considers anything beyond Hemel Hempstead to be the North, with the exception of Oxford, Cambridge and Soho Sodding Farmhouse.

(Oxfordshire anecdote: Part of the planning conditions for Soho Twathouse were that it had to be signposted from major roads, following an agreed route that avoided the twistier lanes. Soho deliberately held back on implementing this for a couple of years because they wanted to play up the "rustic" aspect, and as far as they were concerned, people following the crow-flies route down tiny lanes was all helping the rural cachet of the place.)
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,702

Called this yesterday:

Corbyn's "shift" is all about kneecapping May. The EU has said to her "Corbyn's deal could get a majority, we don't need to indulge you". And all May emerged with today was a plaintive moan about Tusk's language.

#CorbynsCustomsUnion I think somebody mentioned
  • Called this yesterday:

Norway where we would be better remaining

Just read Polly Toynbee in the Guardian having a go at Corbyn and judging by the comment section labour are haemoraging support

Called this yesterday:

Just read Polly Toynbee in the Guardian having a go at Corbyn and judging by the comment section labour are haemoraging support
    Country before party.

#CorbynsCustomsUnion or ERG leader only 2 ways out IMO

Called this yesterday:

She is an obssesive losers voter isnt she
  • Called this yesterday:

Country before party.

#CorbynsCustomsUnion or ERG leader only 2 ways out IMO
    It will not be Norway with free movement and ban on our own trade deals - we may as well stay

With the meetings planned upto the end of this month expect an agreement with the EU on a modified political statement and three month delay conditional on the HOC approval for deal

That will concentrate minds
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,001
    edited February 2019
    Sorry - double post
  • Called this yesterday:

She is an obssesive losers voter isnt she
    I assume you mean Polly
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    Has the vanilla upgrade been revoked?
  • So thanks to the brilliance of the ERG we might just remain in the customs union.

Within the decade we'll rejoin the single market, because it makes sense.

Then a while after we'll go full rejoin.

I take back all my criticisms of the ERG.
  • Corbyn is probably at the most dangerous point in his leadership over the next week or so.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603

FPT

You gov leader

TM 40

DK 39

CORBYN 19% (not a misprint)

Theresa overtakes DK?
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Corbyn's 19% rating must be a concern for Labour strategists.
  • It's worth pointing out that every major intervention by Cox has led to a massive public humiliation for May.

Long may it continue.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    Hold on I thought the EU weren't going to give us legally binding anything about anything?
  • Then a while after we'll go full rejoin.

"You never go full rejoin!"
  • MaxPB said:

Theresa overtakes DK?

I'd vote for Donkey Kong.

But my heart is with Waluigi.
  • gypsumfantasticgypsumfantastic Posts: 258
    edited February 2019
    MaxPB said:

Hold on I thought the EU weren't going to give us legally binding anything about anything?
    They aren't. Scheduling meetings is May's preferred displacement activity. It gives the illusion of something having been done, without actually delivering anything.

Also, vague assurances from the Irish government will help May not a jot.

TSE = Upper Middle Class!
  • The proportion who think that Britain was right to vote to leave the EU has dropped again, and now stands at 39 per cent, down two points since the end of January, with 48 per cent saying the UK was wrong to vote to leave. Some 73 per cent of Labour voters oppose Britain’s vote to leave, with only 19 per cent saying Britain was right to leave.

Surely this was taken before Tuskgate which not outraged but really quite outraged Brexiteers have assured us WILL CHANGE THE NARRATIVE!
  • MaxPB said:

Apparently it'll be the Irish making the legally binding assurance.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,752
    edited February 2019
    Are we back?

Edit, yay, back to something like normal.

great. i seem to have won the first three tests.

Bit like the Windies then. It's a bit sad when we need to hobble their team to have a chance of a result.

It's worth pointing out that every major intervention by Cox has led to a massive public humiliation for May.

Long may it continue.
    Geoffrey Cox has increased his majority from 3,000 to 20,000 since 2010. Impressive.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    Hey, is everything working again? It all looks OK...
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    rcs1000 said:

Yay!

So thanks to the brilliance of the ERG we might just remain in the customs union.

There is no basis for doing so. It is the opposite of what they intend to happen. They are just unbelievably incompetent, even worse than the PM, almost as bad as Corbyn.

The proportion who think that Britain was right to vote to leave the EU has dropped again, and now stands at 39 per cent, down two points since the end of January, with 48 per cent saying the UK was wrong to vote to leave. Some 73 per cent of Labour voters oppose Britain’s vote to leave, with only 19 per cent saying Britain was right to leave.

Utterly irrelevant.
    When Robbie left Take That approximately 98% of ALL voters thought it was the wrong decision.
    But the decision stood because it had been taken. By Robbie.
    And he went on to record Angels.
    AndyJS said:

Masterful understatement. The last thing we need is for Brexit to get even more complicated but as soon as that is out of the way he really needs to stand down and let Emily Thornberry take over.
    edited February 2019
    DavidL said:

So thanks to the brilliance of the ERG we might just remain in the customs union.

There is no basis for doing so. It is the opposite of what they intend to happen. They are just unbelievably incompetent, even worse than the PM, almost as bad as Corbyn.
    All the signs are there.

When Leavers like Raab said Remaining was better than Mrs May's deal then I salute their brilliance and vision.

More joy in heaven over sinners repenting etc.
  • StreeterStreeter Posts: 684
    kinabalu said:

Utterly irrelevant.
    When Robbie left Take That approximately 98% of ALL voters thought it was the wrong decision.
    That’s incredibly reassuring.
  • kinabalu said:

Utterly irrelevant.
    Never Forget Robbie eventually rejoined Take That, I went to several of the gigs.
    edited February 2019
    What sort of cowboy operators do the upgrade of the comment system of world class websites?

Mumsnet has reported itself to the information commissioner after a data breach resulted in users accidentally logging into the accounts of strangers.

A botched upgrade to the software the forum runs on meant that for three days, if two users tried to log in at the same time, there was the possibility that their accounts would be switched. Each user was able to post as the other, see their account details, and read private messages.

The company doesn’t know how many user accounts were affected, but says that over the three days the bug was live, from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday morning, about 4,000 users logged in. Of that, only 14 users have reported an issue.

Mumsnet founder Justine Roberts apologised to users in a post, saying: “You’ve every right to expect your Mumsnet account to be secure and private. We are working urgently to discover exactly how this breach happened and to learn and improve our processes. We will also keep you informed about what is happening. We will of course be reporting this incident to the information commissioner.”

Mumsnet confirmed to the Guardian that it has now self-referred to the Information Commissioners Office, as it is legally required to do in the event of a data breach.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/07/mumsnet-reports-itself-to-regulator-over-data-breach
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535
    rcs1000 said:

Yes it no longer looks like the wrong code page is being used. It got seriously odd looking at one point.

Never Forget Robbie eventually rejoined Take That, I went to several of the gigs.

Did too!
    And without bothering with a referendum.
    Democracy go hang yourself.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    DavidL said:

AndyJS said:

Masterful understatement. The last thing we need is for Brexit to get even more complicated but as soon as that is out of the way he really needs to stand down and let Emily Thornberry take over.
    There seems to be a consensus on here at least. Corbyn has soiled himself over Brexit and I cant see him recovering. His 300,000 storm troopers are more dedicated to Remaining than to him. Thornberry is an excellent alternative. She'll keep the 300,000 on board but with a much wider appeal among neutrals. More important she's witty and feisty. An irresistible combination
  • _Anazina__Anazina_ Posts: 1,810
    >:)

Testing out these new emojis
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,909
    edited February 2019

kinabalu said:

Utterly irrelevant.
    Yebbut he left again in 2014....
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    _Anazina_ said:

🐷
    Interesting news from Brussels - the EU says Labour’s policy could offer a route out of the impasse. Permanent Customs Union would be a gigantic relief for our business, and many others.

Let’s do it.
    Just on that. If we get a Labour style solution, I think we’d get a Brexit bounce in the economy. From sheer relief.
  • StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

What sort of cowboy operators do the upgrade of the comment system of world class websites?

Mumsnet has reported itself to the information commissioner after a data breach resulted in users accidentally logging into the accounts of strangers.

A botched upgrade to the software the forum runs on meant that for three days, if two users tried to log in at the same time, there was the possibility that their accounts would be switched. Each user was able to post as the other, see their account details, and read private messages.

The company doesn’t know how many user accounts were affected, but says that over the three days the bug was live, from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday morning, about 4,000 users logged in. Of that, only 14 users have reported an issue.

Mumsnet founder Justine Roberts apologised to users in a post, saying: “You’ve every right to expect your Mumsnet account to be secure and private. We are working urgently to discover exactly how this breach happened and to learn and improve our processes. We will also keep you informed about what is happening. We will of course be reporting this incident to the information commissioner.”

Mumsnet confirmed to the Guardian that it has now self-referred to the Information Commissioners Office, as it is legally required to do in the event of a data breach.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/07/mumsnet-reports-itself-to-regulator-over-data-breach

I can't begin to imagine the monstrosity they must have jerry-rigged behind the scenes for that bug to be possible. Has there ever been an industry so self-congratulatory about producing such shoddy products as software?
  • _Anazina_ said:

🐷
    :innocent:
  • _Anazina_ said:

Interesting news from Brussels - the EU says Labour’s policy could offer a route out of the impasse. Permanent Customs Union would be a gigantic relief for our business, and many others.

Let’s do it.

Well it is remain without the benefits. No point we may as well stay in that scenario
    edited February 2019
    Roger said:

DavidL said:

AndyJS said:

There seems to be a consensus on here at least. Corbyn has soiled himself over Brexit and I cant see him recovering. His 300,000 storm troopers are more dedicated to Remaining than to him. Thornberry is an excellent alternative. She'll keep the 300,000 on board but with a much wider appeal among neutrals. More important she's witty and feisty. An irresistible combination
    Corbyn was quite possibly the only person in the Islington North constituency to vote Leave on 23rd June 2016. But his supporters still think he's fantastic.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080

_Anazina_ said:

🐷
    🐶
    Streeter said:

That’s incredibly reassuring.

😊
    Dreadful song isn't it.
    Is it the sound of Brexit Britain?
    I hope not.
  • _Anazina_ said:

Just on that. If we get a Labour style solution, I think we’d get a Brexit bounce in the economy. From sheer relief.

'lol'!
This discussion has been closed.