Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » House games: Where Dragons fly and swords shimmer

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited June 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » House games: Where Dragons fly and swords shimmer

Season 3: Episode 23/26

Read the full story here

Comments

• asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    Ha, nicely done
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    Second like LibDems
  • eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,861
    AndyJS said:

New Electoral Calculus figures:

BRX 24.1%
    Lab 22.7%
    Con 18.7%
    LD 18.3%

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

BRX 249
    Lab 216
    Con 54
    LD 51

That kind Mr Meeks takes the time to explain in plain English why such seat predictors are worthless, and you forget what he taught you within 3 days.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2019/06/05/going-back-to-your-constituencies-alastair-meeks-on-not-taking-seat-predictors-too-seriously-in-times-of-change/
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Good morning, everyone.

Nice article, Mr. Herdson.

Although, now you raise fantasy, I do wonder if the Silmarils might be a better fit.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Good although couldn’t work out Tusonem vs Libertas (assume that is TBP)
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Earl de Feffel. Chuckle.

Is Rory Stewart, the wandering fool?
    And Raab, the scaraab?
  • JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    FPT

Leadsom and Hunt deadheat at 9.8

Fantastic 100m times ....

Presumably Gove was false started for going over the white line too often ....
  • PendduPenddu Posts: 265
    Classic. Coming soon...

The battle of Brychan in the style of the Mabinogion?
    JackW said:

FPT

I hear he has been drinking Pepsi. I am sure none of the others have been sipping the real thing.
    F1: Leclerc's fastest qualifier odds were about 6.5, rose to 7.5 after first practice and are now 6. Contemplating that for an each way bet, though it's only to the top two places.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,730
    The only thing that's 'wizard' about Corbyn is that he talks a load of warlocks.

Very funny thread header though.
    Mr. Doethur, some say he's just an angry little witch.

Mr. Doethur, some say he's just an angry little witch.

Or a silly old besom?
    Mr. Doethur, a lackwitted wand-fondler*.

*Wand-fondler and other insults are available in my excellent Sir Edric books [under the pen name Thaddeus White].

Actually, now I come to think of it, I could perhaps try writing a comedic fantasy take on the current state of affairs...
    JackW said:

FPT

It would be more helpful to him if he apologised for smoking whatever substance he smoked while Secretary of State for Education.

Don't know what it was, but it must have been something pretty strong.
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,122
    ydoethur said:

JackW said:

FPT

It would be more helpful to him if he apologised for smoking whatever substance he smoked while Secretary of State for Education.

I guess you're a relatively young teacher but I thought your subject was History or you'd know that the education establishment's response to education reforms/pay/conditions has been pretty constant for many many years.
    edited June 2019
    felix said:

ydoethur said:

JackW said:

FPT

I guess you're a relatively young teacher but I thought your subject was History or you'd know that the education establishment's response to education reforms/pay/conditions has been pretty constant for many many years.
    Don't confuse reform with chaos.

Incidentally, I think that should read 'I thought your subject was History so you'd know...'

(Moreover, you can cut the patronising tone. I'm 36 and have worked in education for fourteen years in various roles.)
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,122
    ydoethur said:

felix said:

ydoethur said:

JackW said:

FPT

Don't confuse reform with chaos.

Incidentally, I think that should read 'I thought your subject was History so you'd know...'

(Moreover, you can cut the patronising tone. I'm 36 and have worked in education for fourteen years in various roles.)
    I'm confusing nothing and thank you for the entirely non-patronising grammar correction. My point still stands and you'll get it in a few years. Heigh ho.
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    I was going to say that there aren’t enough tits. And then I realised that British politics has more than enough tits already.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,742

I was going to say that there aren’t enough tits. And then I realised that British politics has more than enough tits already.

Not to mention a sufficiency of c*nts.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,754
    edited June 2019

Blue tits and great tits abound. Not hard to think of the odd crested tit either (Emily Thornberry/Lady Nugent comes to mind). And the beast of Bolsover may be the last coal tit.
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279
    Journalist taking drugs at social events 20 years on helped by what goes on on tour, stays on tour (or conference). Must be something in the water.

Politicians caught using cocaine whilst in office are rarer as Premier League footballers doing the same thing.

Can PB now look forward to mandatory drug testing of politicians in government?

• CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,074
    Thank you.

I’ve never seen Games of Thrones and now I don’t need to.

In other non-politics news my clematis Etoile de Violette is flowering beautifully just outside my kitchen window. Large purple velvety flowers. Gorgeous. Makes up for the dank weather here today.
    Have sat in a replica Iron Throne, but have never seen Game of Thrones.

Unkind. They have depth and warmth, both of which are sorely lacking in British politics these days.
    Miss Cyclefree, lots of rain here too, over the last few days.
    The move on Dominic Grieve is oddly timed. It’s as though the hardline Leavers are determined to make it as difficult as possible for the next Conservative leader to be the next Prime Minister.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    Well this is something different.

The move on Dominic Grieve is oddly timed. It’s as though the hardline Leavers are determined to make it as difficult as possible for the next Conservative leader to be the next Prime Minister.

It would be in keeping with their wanting Brexit so much that they make achieving Brexit very difficult indeed.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Ahhh......Sarah and Michael..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX_dF2F5P6c
    Raab going on about resolve and exam questions on R4 this morning. He’s like an undergrad Thatcher.
    It has always been evident that PB is not going to pass any polling company's standards for a broadly equivalent sample representative of the general population but I am surprised at the number of non watchers of GOT declaring themselves this morning. It has been the biggest thing on TV in many years and introduced several phrases into general discourse.

Tyrion Lannister was the best. A constant source of amusement and wisdom. For example: "“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favour.” Something many politicians could learn from.

More to the tastes on here is: “A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That's why I read so much Jon Snow.”
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    DavidL said:

It has always been evident that PB is not going to pass any polling company's standards for a broadly equivalent sample representative of the general population but I am surprised at the number of non watchers of GOT declaring themselves this morning. It has been the biggest thing on TV in many years and introduced several phrases into general discourse.

Tyrion Lannister was the best. A constant source of amusement and wisdom. For example: "“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favour.” Something many politicians could learn from.

More to the tastes on here is: “A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That's why I read so much Jon Snow.”

Its because PB is full of snobs ;)
    I’ve not watched Game Of Thrones either, but I don’t watch much TV anyway. I could write a long list of acclaimed TV shows I’ve not seen.

I’m thinking I might make the effort to look at Chernobyl.
    If you’re not a middle class, middle aged Tory candidate possession of Cocaine can carry a 51 week sentence, the least you can get away with is a fine and a criminal record. Just saying.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,001
    DavidL said:

Good morning

I have never watched Game of Thrones but I have been to Dubrovnik

On Gove it will be interesting how much his cocaine admission will develop as the question will no doubt be fired off to all the other candidates and indeed most anyone who is critical
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,456
    kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Its because PB is full of snobs ;)
    In my case it is because I am too mean to pay to watch it. I'll start raving about it when it comes on free to view.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,911
    Just imagining how obnoxious Michael Gove must have been on coke.
    Went to Dubrovnik, but had to turn down tour of Game of Thrones on grounds I hadn't watched it.

Plenty of other sites from GoT in Split and Korcula.

Indeed. If he’s going to be deselected, he may as well do what he thinks best for the country.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Very good Mr Herdson :smiley:
  • nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    The Tory Membership is now a cult .

They don’t care about the economy , they have their pensions and are generally well off .

Their cult like devotion to a no deal Brexit and shattering every link with the EU is now their reason for being .

In their eyes US colony good , co operation with the EU bad .
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,755
    DavidL said:

Tyrion was fine when he was the Wicked Little Imp. Once he turned into St. Tyrion, in the last couple of seasons, he went downhill.

The full story is that when he was coked up, a dominatrix would make him wear a gimp mask, while giving him a flogging.
    Mr. F, if it isn't hurting, it isn't working.
  • SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,876

If the Tories no longer wish to win elections who are we to stop them?

nico67 said:

They don’t care about the economy , they have their pensions and are generally well off .

Their cult like devotion to a no deal Brexit and shattering every link with the EU is now their reason for being .

Not this member
    Sean_F said:

DavidL said:

Tyrion was fine when he was the Wicked Little Imp. Once he turned into St. Tyrion, in the last couple of seasons, he went downhill.

The full story is that when he was coked up, a dominatrix would make him wear a gimp mask, while giving him a flogging.
    All of the writing went downhill in the last couple of series. George Martin is not the easiest read, he is excessively prolix and in need of an editor who can get a grip on him but there was a ruthlessness to his story telling that was attractive and different. Once they went beyond his material they lost their way a bit.
  • DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    edited June 2019

On Gove it will be interesting how much his cocaine admission will develop as the question will no doubt be fired off to all the other candidates and indeed most anyone who is critical

I doubt it matters a damn. It follows Rory's opium (loved the twitter(?) comment around D-Day that Rory's so patriotic he inhales poppies). Cameron was rumoured to have been involved at school. Osborne was photographed in a coke-adjacent situation. People don't care.

And it explains the current mess we are in if the entire Cabinet was coked off its tits since 2015.

nico67 said:

Not this member
    Sadly you’re a minority. Are you warming to Boris?
    What everyone knows is that the skeletons in Johnson’s cupboards are more numerous than anyone else’s. If Gove doing coke is headline news, prepare for serious incoming on the next, and probably the last, Tory PM.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,841
    Game of Thrones and Chernobyl are the only two TV series I've watched fully in the last decade.
    Jonathan said:

nico67 said:

Not this member
    Sadly you’re a minority. Are you warming to Boris?
    I will not vote Boris but it does seem likely he will win through and it is not unreasonable that he is best to attack Farage and Corbyn. I will vote Gove if he gets through
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    It wont matter how big your pension is when there are food shortages.

I doubt it matters a damn. It follows Rory's opium (loved the twitter(?) comment around D-Day that Rory's so patriotic he inhales poppies). Cameron was rumoured to have been involved at school. Osborne was photographed in a coke-adjacent situation. People don't care.

And it explains the current mess we are in if the entire Cabinet was coked off its tits since 2015.
    And opposition
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    Good fun, though perhaps informed by the English Civil War as much as by GoT?

I've the doubtful distinction of enjoying George Martin's books before the TV series, but I've watched the latter too - big virtue is its unpredictabiility, with leading characters liable to be killed off and hoeres and villains not always what they seem. The tit and arse count (both sexes) early on was astonishing, and a good deal of pretty explicit sex (I saw a copy of the contract that extras had to sign - contained a pretty startling list of things you needed to be up for) - the final series toned it down big time.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    DavidL said:

It has always been evident that PB is not going to pass any polling company's standards for a broadly equivalent sample representative of the general population but I am surprised at the number of non watchers of GOT declaring themselves this morning.

Not watched an episode.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    Labour is making a serious effort to move the discussion on from Brexit, with the obvious intention of making the Tories seem tediously preoccupied with it while we discuss everything else. I'm not sure if this will succeed, but in normal times this is the sort of thing that alienated centre-left people like Southam would I think find genuinely interesting (if properly fleshed out):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/08/jeremy-corbyn-to-drop-social-mobility-as-labour-goal
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,812
    Caught up with 63UP last night, essential viewing of course.

I see Tony the taxi-driver, having voted for Brexit, is now having doubts and suspects he ought to have gone Remain.

He speaks for the nation.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    DavidL said:

I only watched an episode when living in a house share with someone with Sky Atlantic. I would have watched it if it was in Free View
    edited June 2019
    I have never seen an episode of GoT, and gods willing, I never shall.
    nico67 said:

Tory membership increased by a third over the past year. No entryism here though, just 36,000 true blue Conservatives wanting to pay tribute to Theresa May, finest prime minister of the last two centuries years.
    https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/tory-membership-increases-to-160000-ahead-of-leadership-election/

What everyone knows is that the skeletons in Johnson’s cupboards are more numerous than anyone else’s. If Gove doing coke is headline news, prepare for serious incoming on the next, and probably the last, Tory PM.

Johnson can get away with it as in the words of Alan Clarke if anyone asked if he had skeletons he said 'cupboards full' and everyone expected it. Gove though looks like a swot so it might actually even add some colour to his campaign
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,742
    edited June 2019

I’ve not watched Game Of Thrones either, but I don’t watch much TV anyway. I could write a long list of acclaimed TV shows I’ve not seen.

Worth it, though the universal acclaim is encouraging my own snobbery to make me doubt myself. Oddly the one Chernobyl obsessive I know hasn't watched it because he refuses to take Sky due to the Murdoch connection.
    nico67 said:

If the Tory membership is now a cult what does that make the Corbyn Labour membership?
    edited June 2019

If the Tories no longer wish to win elections who are we to stop them?

At the moment the Tories are losing elections because we are still in the EU and the Brexit Party are splitting their vote
    edited June 2019

I've the doubtful distinction of enjoying George Martin's books before the TV series, but I've watched the latter too - big virtue is its unpredictabiility, with leading characters liable to be killed off and hoeres and villains not always what they seem. The tit and arse count (both sexes) early on was astonishing, and a good deal of pretty explicit sex (I saw a copy of the contract that extras had to sign - contained a pretty startling list of things you needed to be up for) - the final series toned it down big time.

I am very glad the Labour Party was in favour of social mobility when I was growing up. Enabling working class aspiration was what the party used to be about. In my view, there is an unfortunate tendency in Corbynism to see working class people as passive victims of wickedness and neglect. I think that’s wrong in absolute terms in many cases, but is also politically very foolish. But I absolutely agree this is the kind of debate that should be happening.

edited June 2019
    Interesting that on the chart posted on TSE's thread last night it is now Raab emerging as the No Deal Brexit candidate and not Boris. A majority of MPs supporting Raab have never voted for the Withdrawal Agreement or only voted for it once while at least half of MPs backing Boris voted for the Deal all 3 times and a majority at least twice.

https://twitter.com/DomWalsh13/status/1137043826479161344?s=20

Hunt and Hancock have the strongest Deal support with a majority of their MP supporters voting for the Withdrawal Agreement all three times and the remainder voting for it twice.

Gyimah has the strongest Remain support though as all his MP supporters voted against the Withdrawal Agreement every time in order to push for EUref2 and a confirmatory vote on it (Dominic Grieve, Philip Lee and Guto Bebb endorsed Gyimah yesterday)

• Well clearly my ignorance knows no bounds, because I thought that Game of Thrones was literally a (computer) fantasy game. But since I gather it is not on free TV, that would explain why I have never come across it. Can't say that what I have learnt today makes me want to watch it anyway. But thank you to David Herdson (and others) for enlightening me.
    dr_spyn said:

Went to Dubrovnik, but had to turn down tour of Game of Thrones on grounds I hadn't watched it.

Plenty of other sites from GoT in Split and Korcula.

I suddenly realised I was driving between the Dark Hedges in County Antrim, a couple of years ago.
    Based on OGH's view that leadership rates are super important. These numbers of Jezza should mean he gets nowhere near Downing Street:

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1136893306539929601

The way the show runners treated the actress who played Ros, the (frequently naked) prostitute was really nasty. She had complained about the number of her nude scenes, so they killed her off by having Joffrey torture her to death, naked.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Sean_F said:

I suddenly realised I was driving between the Dark Hedges in County Antrim, a couple of years ago.

If you watch the 'making of' episodes, it's amazing that the wide shots of King's Landing in Season 8 don't feature the Harland and Wolf crane...
  • CD13CD13 Posts: 6,349
    The GoT theme was always … don't trust anyone who lusts for power. The theme of the HoC in the last three years is … don't trust politicians. Why should we when they don't trust the voters?

The majority of the MPs cried. "We will honour the referendum result." Then came …"Ah, but the MPs must have the final and meaningful say." Then came "We can't agree how to leave, so you must change your vote."

If you were watching this as aa drama, it's obvious who are the baddies. Unlike GoT.

It wont matter how big your pension is when there are food shortages.
    I think you're a bit paranoid about food shortages.
    edited June 2019
    HYUFD said:

Interesting that on the chart posted on TSE's thread last night it is now Raab emerging as the No Deal Brexit candidate and not Boris. A majority of MPs supporting Raab have never voted for the Withdrawal Agreement or only voted for it once while at least half of MPs backing Boris voted for the Deal all 3 times and a majority at least twice.

Hunt and Hancock have the strongest Deal support with a majority of their MP supporters voting for the Withdrawal Agreement all three times and the remainder voting for it twice.

Gyimah has the strongest Remain support though as all his MP supporters voted against the Withdrawal Agreement every time in order to push for EUref2

Given that the great balance of outstanding voters are “three timers”, it seems highly probable that Raab is out - even if all of the ERGers haven’t declared.

One assumes that Raab’s votes will transfer to Boris rather than Gove or Hunt.

Then, the membership - not least the tens of thousands of Brexity entryists - will see Boris through to the leadership.

Barring “events”, he’s a shoo-in.
  • hamiltonacehamiltonace Posts: 642
    HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

If the Tory membership is now a cult what does that make the Corbyn Labour membership?
    Both main parties have lost touch with the electorate. The country is virtually in civil war and our politics is like life of Brian. What have the Romans ever done for us?

Worth it, though the univeral acclaim is encouraging my own snobbery to make me doubt myself. Oddly the one Chernobyl obsessive I know hasn't watched it because he refuses to take Sky due to the Murdoch connection.
    HYUFD said:

Gyimah has the strongest Remain support though as all his MP supporters voted against the Withdrawal Agreement every time in order to push for EUref2

Given that the great balance of outstanding voters are “three timers”, it seems highly probable that Raab is out - even if all of the ERGers haven’t declared.

Then, the membership - not least the tens of thousands of Brexity entryists - will see Boris through to the leadership.

I'd add Better Call Saul, a rare spin-off which is as good as the original series.
    HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

A cautionary tale?
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    CD13 said:

The GoT theme was always … don't trust anyone who lusts for power. The theme of the HoC in the last three years is … don't trust politicians. Why should we when they don't trust the voters?

The majority of the MPs cried. "We will honour the referendum result." Then came …"Ah, but the MPs must have the final and meaningful say." Then came "We can't agree how to leave, so you must change your vote."

If you were watching this as aa drama, it's obvious who are the baddies. Unlike GoT.

Have you seen Nigel Fucking Farage's post Peterborough rant? He claims they "didn't know what they were voting for"...
    edited June 2019
    HYUFD said:

Gyimah has the strongest Remain support though as all his MP supporters voted against the Withdrawal Agreement every time in order to push for EUref2 and a confirmatory vote on it (Dominic Grieve, Philip Lee and Guto Bebb endorsed Gyimah yesterday)

Should also be pointed out actually that all of Stewart's supporters voted for the Deal all three times so he has even stronger Deal support than Hunt or Hancock

HYUFD said:

nico67 said:

Both main parties have lost touch with the electorate. The country is virtually in civil war and our politics is like life of Brian. What have the Romans ever done for us?
    The only time in my lifetime where there has been anything like a civil war feeling was the Miners' Strike.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    Anyway still recovering from The Virtues.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited June 2019
    Parris on Boris

".....Incompetence is not funny. Policy vacuum is not funny. Administrative sloth is not funny. Breaking promises is not funny. A careless disregard for the truth is not funny. Advising old mates planning to beat somebody up is not funny. Abortions and gagging orders are not funny. Creeping ambition in a jester’s cap is not funny. Vacuity posing as merriment, cynicism posing as savviness, a wink and smile covering for betrayal . . . these things are not funny".

(Well they're QUITE funny)

....and all because Boris called the repeal of section 28 "appalling" according to Dominic Lawson.

There's nothing quite like watching Tories eat each other (if you'll excuse the metaphor)
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583
    HYUFD said:

Johnson can get away with it as in the words of Alan Clarke if anyone asked if he had skeletons he said 'cupboards full' and everyone expected it. Gove though looks like a swot so it might actually even add some colour to his campaign
    It's like bad boy top trumps. Johnson the serial philanderer and recommender of punishment beatings is raised by coke-head Gove. What next?
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,670

and arseholes
    edited June 2019

Based on OGH's view that leadership rates are super important. These numbers of Jezza should mean he gets nowhere near Downing Street:

Should but if those who dislike Corbyn split their votes between Tory, Brexit Party and LD then Corbyn could still become PM under FPTP as Peterborough showed where Labour won on barely more than 30% of the vote.

If we had PR at the moment it would probably be a Tory and Brexit Party coalition or Corbyn would require LD support to get into power and they might insist Thornberry or Starmer replace him as Labour leader on an EUref2 ticket as their price but we don't.

However normally best PM ratings are even more accurate than headline voting intentions as 1992, 2015 and the recent Australian general election showed
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,841

Worth it, though the universal acclaim is encouraging my own snobbery to make me doubt myself. Oddly the one Chernobyl obsessive I know hasn't watched it because he refuses to take Sky due to the Murdoch connection.
    Don't worry there's always one...

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/what-hbos-chernobyl-got-right-and-what-it-got-terribly-wrong

Has Mordaunt declared what she's doing?

I suspect if she stands, her faffing about might have lost her some support (not just because some MPs who might've backed her will have gone elsewhere, but because we've just had one PM who faffs too much).
    HYUFD said:

Should but if those who dislike Corbyn split their votes between Tory, Brexit Party and LD then Corbyn could still become PM under FPTP as Peterborough showed where Labour won on barely more than 30% of the vote.

If we had PR at the moment it would probably be a Tory and Brexit Party coalition or Corbyn would require LD support to get into power and they may insist Thornberry or Starmer replace him as Labour leader as their price but we don't.
    Yes, with effectively four parties possibly all capable of getting something around 20%, then who knows what the effects will be under FPTP.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603

HYUFD said:

If May had done the honourable thing and resigned when she should have those entryists wouldn't be eligible to vote. She's been a failure many times over in many different ways. Easily the worst post war PM, worse than Brown who was the grandfather of much of this with his financial crash.

HYUFD said:

It's like bad boy top trumps. Johnson the serial philanderer and recommender of punishment beatings is raised by coke-head Gove. What next?
    The late Peter Morrison would have had topped that.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,955
    I'm holding out for a Tory contender who admits to having done Ketamine.

In a brothel.
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,670
    HYUFD said:

No it just makes him look a bigger tit ( if that is possible ) pretending he is like the cool guys.
    Mr. Max, to be fair, MPs should've tossed her overboard late last year.

I have more sympathy with the argument, though with hindsight it's wrong, that she should've been allowed to continue after the dreadful 2017 result, but that was also an opportunity missed.
  • CD13CD13 Posts: 6,349
    Mr P,

"Have you seen Nigel Fucking Farage's post Peterborough rant? He claims they "didn't know what they were voting for"...

You are letting your prejudices run away with you. Just because he has borrowed "The song of the Remainers." The BBC could make their own series with that title.
    edited June 2019
    MaxPB said:

HYUFD said:

If May had done the honourable thing and resigned when she should have those entryists wouldn't be eligible to vote. She's been a failure many times over in many different ways. Easily the worst post war PM, worse than Brown who was the grandfather of much of this with his financial crash.
    May made so many errors of strategy, and a thousand tactical missteps.

As someone pointed out yesterday, why did the Tories even contest the Euros? No upside, maximum downside.
This discussion has been closed.