Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthahwks is now open

SystemSystem Posts: 11,017
edited May 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthahwks is now open

If you’re Footloose, and fancy free tonight, why not relax, and converse into the night on the day’s events in PB NightHawks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    FPT
    kle4 said:
    Here's hoping Civilization: Beyond Earth is awesome as well.

RobD:Quite looking forward to this one. A big fan of the Civ series, and I fondly recall the original Colonization.

Didn't play that one sadly. Apparently it won't be exactly like Alpha Centauri, but 'Civilization in Space with a bit of Colonization' sounds fine by me.
  • Options
    1. Ed M can surely still win. I'm not changing my prediction of a Lab majority for now, Labour's barrier for victory is still so low, but for the first time in 4 years I'm being given cause to have some doubts and so will need to keep an eye on how the polls hold up.
  • Options
    7. In that circumstance it would, finally, seem totally reasonable for everyone in the parties to start talking electoral reform with at least the possibility of the wider public being slightly interested. We shall see. I don't think, in the end, the LDs will poll less than UKIP, but I do think Labour winning more seats on less votes is very possible.
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    @ToryJim

Yep. Can you name a third? I only know of three in the English language - if anyone can name a fourth they receive a imaginary gold embossed Chambers dictionary
  • Options
    kle4 said:

1. Ed M can surely still win. I'm not changing my prediction of a Lab majority for now, Labour's barrier for victory is still so low, but for the first time in 4 years I'm being given cause to have some doubts and so will need to keep an eye on how the polls hold up.

My doubts are now big. But I am a slave to the polling.
  • Options
    13. I'm not totally unsympathetic to the idea, but calling teachers by first names seems wrong. Respect in any fashion is better than none at all, but some formal level of respect and distance through formal respect terms, rather than the over familiarity of first name basis for teachers, seems reasonable.
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    European elections are the last major roll of the die for Labour. Otheriwse it's just "ordinary business" like the party conferences and budget (albeit that the "omnishambles" budget was a vote mover). For that reason if I were a Labour supporter I wouldn't want this equal polling to hang around any longer than a fortnight's time.
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,407
    BobaFett said:

@ToryJim

Yep. Can you name a third? I only know of three in the English language - if anyone can name a fourth they receive a imaginary gold embossed Chambers dictionary

Widow and widower
  • Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312
    BobaFett said:

@ToryJim

priestess (a vocation, not a job)
    deaconess (ditto)
    hostess
  • Options
    The important question, surely, is if Labour are heading for a narrow defeat in 2015, can NickPalmer buck the trend in Broxtowe?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

The important question, surely, is if Labour are heading for a narrow defeat in 2015, can NickPalmer buck the trend in Broxtowe?

Depends how narrow.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962
    edited May 2014
    Ninoinoz said:

BobaFett said:

@ToryJim

deaconess (ditto)
    hostess
    Was hero mentioned? Too lazy to look back on the last thread!
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Naïf/naive
  • Options
    Ninoinoz said:

BobaFett said:

@ToryJim

deaconess (ditto)
    hostess
    None of those qualify sadly - they are all jobs, in terms of grammar. It's not a trick question.
  • Options
    Ninoinoz said:

BobaFett said:

@ToryJim

deaconess (ditto)
    hostess
    Duke and duchess
    Count and countess
    Marquess and marchioness

I think the defintion of 'job' needs tightening.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,916
    Link 13

People like those in this video three minutes in must be responsible

The guy at 3:46 is how I imagine a few PBers to look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLlrfEYtqFU
  • Options
    ...the third word is also feminised like the French. That's a decent clue.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    kle4 said:

13. I'm not totally unsympathetic to the idea, but calling teachers by first names seems wrong. Respect in any fashion is better than none at all, but some formal level of respect and distance through formal respect terms, rather than the over familiarity of first name basis for teachers, seems reasonable.

Absolute madness - the relationship should be professional and detached - teachers are not friends of their students.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

Ninoinoz said:

BobaFett said:

@ToryJim

deaconess (ditto)
    hostess
    None of those qualify sadly - they are all jobs, in terms of grammar. It's not a trick question.
    Please give your defintion.

Mister/mistress?
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,970
    doyen/doyenne
  • Options
    felix said:

kle4 said:

Absolute madness - the relationship should be professional and detached - teachers are not friends of their students.
    Absolutely.
  • Options
    He proposed asking Spokesmen for Muslim organisations to sign a form saying they were against Jihad, so I suppose he deserves it
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,976
    Mr. Felix, I quite agree. Lack of respect's an issue in schools, and this won't help.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Naïf/naive

Naïf is a noun, naive an adjective.
  • Options
    felix said:

kle4 said:

It really does seem like they'd get more support for the first idea if the article had not added the bit about names - I can really see no justification for it, and it makes sure that many not overtly hostile to not going by sir or miss (I understand the argument, though I don't think it's so bad that we actually have to do something, hence not being totally unsympathetic while not actually concerned), inclined to reject it out of hand.
  • Options

Mr. Felix, I quite agree. Lack of respect's an issue in schools, and this won't help.

Quite familiarity breeds contempt
  • Options

doyen/doyenne

I was looking for confidant/confidante - but I guess yours is a fourth.

@Ninonoz - I realise now it was French feminised words, that are compulsory usages, that I was looking for. Artiste etc don't count as they are not compulsory. But yes, the definition I gave was far too loose.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

...the third word is also feminised like the French. That's a decent clue.

né/née?
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Attacks on UKIP and personnel increasing:

Michael Heaver ‏@Michael_Heaver 25m
    Media scaremongring about UKIP goes on and an MEP's home gets attacked with bricks. Absolutely shameful. http://nopenothope.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/ukip-meps-home-attacked-with-bricks-
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    isam said:

He proposed asking Spokesmen for Muslim organisations to sign a form saying they were against Jihad, so I suppose he deserves it
    He definitely does not deserve it! Where are you going with this isam: are you for Jihad?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    MikeK said:

Media scaremongring about UKIP goes on and an MEP's home gets attacked with bricks. Absolutely shameful. http://nopenothope.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/ukip-meps-home-attacked-with-bricks-

It was Cameron did it !
  • Options
    RobD said:

Ninoinoz said:

BobaFett said:

@ToryJim

deaconess (ditto)
    hostess
    Was hero mentioned? Too lazy to look back on the last thread!
    At least I'm not alone. Blond/Blonde is the limit of my 'knowledge' of supposedly feminized words, and this game is making me realize I have a poor recall on specifics of the english language.
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826
    MikeK said:

I guess UAF don't realise the hypocrisy of their collective hatred of UKIP.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Anti-racism campaigners Hope Not Hate hate have instructed lawyers over what they claim are defamatory statements made by Nigel Farage on BBC’s Sunday Politics.

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/05/hope-not-hate-call-in-the-lawyers-over-farage-violence-smear/

Meanwhile

@TimesNewsdesk: Police admits it was wrong to visit man who tweeted Ukip ‘policies’ http://t.co/uSflZqNm8U
  • Options
    Indeed, Mr. Jim!

It's just weird. At my school we called one another (blokes, at least) mostly by surnames. It'd've been bloody odd if the school has asked us to use first names for teachers when we didn't (generally) use them for our actual friends.
  • Options

MikeK said:

It was Cameron did it !
    Cammo would get his strong arm boys to do it. Throwing a brick would be to physical for the PM.

• Options
    MikeK said:

isam said:

He definitely does not deserve it! Where are you going with this isam: are you for Jihad?
    I wil never be sarcastic on t'internet again, I should have learned from the last thread.

Of course I dont think he deserves it, its outrageous. It's just another example of people who think they believe in freedom only applying it to people and ideas that they approve of
  • Options
    MikeK said:

MikeK said:

It was Cameron did it !
    Cammo would get his strong arm boys to do it. Throwing a brick would be to physical for the PM.

a man so weak you're afraid of him. Time to buy a Charles Atlas pack Mr K.
  • Options
    Shall we play the "Imagine a kipper said it" game?

Alex Andreou ‏@sturdyAlex 7h
    Shall I tell her that Arthur Miller was American? Or shall I let the show's Belgian director do it? pic.twitter.com/fRq3de3ESc
  • Options

Indeed, Mr. Jim!

It's just weird. At my school we called one another (blokes, at least) mostly by surnames. It'd've been bloody odd if the school has asked us to use first names for teachers when we didn't (generally) use them for our actual friends.

Indeed, I bumped into a former teacher once and still couldn't get out of the habit of respect.
  • Options
    isam said:

MikeK said:

isam said:

I wil never be sarcastic on t'internet again, I should have learned from the last thread.

Of course I dont think he deserves it, its outrageous. It's just another example of people who think they believe in freedom only applying it to people and ideas that they approve of
    Sorry isam, but the hateful atmosphere developing around UKIP and fostered by the MSM and other enemies doesn't call for sarcasm. Please leave the jokes until after May 22nd.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 898
    HELP - have just found that my Best man (over 40 years ago) is now leader of the SNP Group on Scottish Borders Council.

As my view of the SNP is formed from the posts on here what do I say to him?
  • Options
    No discussion of Labour's latest PEB?

It actually has Ed in it for a change. And the NHS. Except Stafford. Or Wales.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Mr. Icarus, much as you would've said before. It's the SNP, not the People's Front of Judea.

Edited extra bit: I wish to make it clear that this post does not mean I won't take the piss out of the SNP in the future, or, more likely, that rotund rascal Salmond.
  • Options
    Icarus said:

HELP - have just found that my Best man (over 40 years ago) is now leader of the SNP Group on Scottish Borders Council.

As my view of the SNP is formed from the posts on here what do I say to him?

Commiserations for the 18th ?
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    kle4 said:

I quite agree Mr Kle4, - and according to the poll that accompanies the article, so do 92.5%.
  • Options
    Socrates FPT

There have been three world baseball classics and the US hasn't managed better than fourth.
  • Options
    Mr. Money, welcome to pb.com.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,917
    Just watched the 'Britain First' PPB. Looking quite crowded in that sector with the BNP, Britain First and English Democrats all vieing for the same vote.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

It was Cameron did it !

Cameron is scorned by all true conservatives, and you know it. Cammo is weak; he is afraid of little old UKIP. Fancy that.
  • Options
    UKIP Henley&Thame ‏@UKIPHenleyThame May 12

Martin Smith leader of the UAF convicted for assault on ethnic minority police officer @SuzanneEvans1 http://uaf.org.uk/2010/09/martin-smith-verdict-attack-on-right-to-protest-against-fascism/

UKIP Henley&Thame ‏@UKIPHenleyThame May 12

Wayman and his UAF mates peacefully protesting again pic.twitter.com/QozsnI2Xyq

• Options
    I guess having Michael Adebolajo speak at their rallies is the UAF version of an eccentric ex Tory saying gay marriage causes bad weather...

http://nopenothope.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/breivik-and-adeboyajo-and-hope-not.html
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

doyen/doyenne

I was looking for confidant/confidante - but I guess yours is a fourth.

@Ninonoz - I realise now it was French feminised words, that are compulsory usages, that I was looking for. Artiste etc don't count as they are not compulsory. But yes, the definition I gave was far too loose.
    divorcé/divorcée?
  • Options
    MikeK said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

It was Cameron did it !

Cameron is scorned by all true conservatives, and you know it. Cammo is weak, he is afraid of little old UKIP. Fancy that.
    And yet you obsess relentlessly about the man. What are you actually afraid of ?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,917
    isam said:

Link 13

People like those in this video three minutes in must be responsible

The guy at 3:46 is how I imagine a few PBers to look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLlrfEYtqFU

Well I do have a beard at the moment :D
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Did anyone watch Bradley Wiggins doing a great time trial to take the yellow jersey in the Amgen Tour of California yesterday?

Today they hit the mountains.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,283
    isam said:

plus wasn't he just quoting/referring to a paper written by a muslim?
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    edited May 2014
    I expect Labour to do very well in the London council elections.

Not so sure about the European elections - third place will be a blow.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited May 2014
    Ed Miliband calls for new rules on football club ownership

Labour leader calls for tighter restrictions on who can buy football clubs, warning that some owners are simply looking to 'shuffle around debt'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/10828072/Ed-Miliband-calls-for-new-rules-on-football-club-ownership.html

Here Ed again, back on the predator business people agenda again. He really does believe in this stuff.

PM Ed better get ready to be extremely busy working out the goodies and baddies of every sector of business in the UK.

And the fans of the club his mate owns absolutely love him. Go on the Hull Tigers.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,010
    Link 11

Maybe I should not be surprised that an article by Pilger is so much horseshit.

But why do lefties still support Russian imperialism? In the cold war at least they had some sort of ideology in common.

Why do they support Russian irredentism? is is a broken-down, discredited, racist nineteenth-century belief that led to tragedies such as the Isonzo Front.

Clue: Russia does not have the right to rule people living outside Russia, even if they speak Russian.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Tim_B said:

Did anyone watch Bradley Wiggins doing a great time trial to take the yellow jersey in the Amgen Tour of California yesterday?

Today they hit the mountains.

Yes - Brad had an absolutely fabulous ride. He looks in good form and really determined.

I'd like to stay up to see today's stage but the timings are crazy for Europe.

• Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    ToryJim said:

Indeed, Mr. Jim!

Indeed, I bumped into a former teacher once and still couldn't get out of the habit of respect.
    Quite so. A few years back I was a funeral and when at, the do in the pub afterwards, our old RSM came to speak to me not only could I not stop myself calling him, "Sir" but I couldn't stop myself from standing to attention either. Totally silly, but I did notice I wasn't the only one with such difficulties.
  • Options
    As an aside, I keep on being reminded of the Papal Visit in 2010 by this Euro election campaign. Certain weak-willed individuals were influenced by the media hate campaign in that, as well.

Don't worry, Ukippers, in the end they were humiliated on the Saturday.

I wonder what's happened to make them completely lose the plot?
  • Options
    murali_s said:

I expect Labour to do very well in the London council elections.

Not so sure about the European elections - third place will be a blow.

I'm not sure they will do as well as they should to be honest.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    kle4 said:

FPT
    kle4 said:

RobD:Quite looking forward to this one. A big fan of the Civ series, and I fondly recall the original Colonization.

Didn't play that one sadly. Apparently it won't be exactly like Alpha Centauri, but 'Civilization in Space with a bit of Colonization' sounds fine by me.

Alpha Centauri: an excellent game that I still play sometimes
  • Options

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

It was Cameron did it !

Cameron is scorned by all true conservatives, and you know it. Cammo is weak, he is afraid of little old UKIP. Fancy that.
    And yet you obsess relentlessly about the man. What are you actually afraid of ?
    You are getting boorishly boring, @Alanbrooke. Why don't you take a leaf out of your avatars past. and study some bird life. It would do you good.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    The election broadcast from An Independence From Europe
    It looks impressive.
    Could be real problem for Farage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqQOOML3QwA
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,322
    Next said:

MikeK said:

I guess UAF don't realise the hypocrisy of their collective hatred of UKIP.
    Plenty of those who join organisations like HAH and UAF are deeply troubled and angry people. Many of them enjoy hating themselves but need a moral licence to exercise it. These organisations are near perfect for that, because, in their eyes, who could ever object to hating the "haters" ? I imagine any embarrassment a few might have felt at abusing pensioners simply trying to give blood to an NHS clinic was fleeting, and met with a shrug of the shoulders. The irony would have been lost on them; the lesson still more.

Of course, the trouble is, it exercises the very worst parts of the human psyche and, worse, tries to justify it. Once you start down that road, there's no end to how far down the dark parts you might reach. In another age, these individuals might have been those at the front of the stage for the grizzly spectre of each and every public execution of 'traitors' through being hung, drawn and quartered.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

It was Cameron did it !

You are getting boorishly boring, @Alanbrooke. Why don't you take a leaf out of your avatars past. and study some bird life. It would do you good.
    Ho hum same old lines Mike ? Tell you what you stop witterring endlessly about Cameron and I'll stop asking why you do so.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

isam said:

plus wasn't he just quoting/referring to a paper written by a muslim?

It was written by an ex muslim who is now a Christian, thats not to say Batten doesnt back the idea.

A few months ago it was the next big thing that was going to derail UKIP apparently

• Options

ToryJim said:

Indeed, Mr. Jim!

Quite so. A few years back I was a funeral and when at, the do in the pub afterwards, our old RSM came to speak to me not only could I not stop myself calling him, "Sir" but I couldn't stop myself from standing to attention either. Totally silly, but I did notice I wasn't the only one with such difficulties.
    Not silly, respect is an underrated concept and it is instilled/taught it cannot happen by osmosis. I still have family friends who are referred to as Auntie and Uncle despite no familial relationship. I respect others because it was drilled into me with consequences for failure.
  • Options
    @tnewtondunn: YouGov/Sun poll tonight: Tories and Labour level pegging. CON 34%, LAB 34%, UKIP 15%, LD 8%. Labour last as low as 34% in July 2010.
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826

It looks impressive.

Love it.

War of the Worlds meets Dad's Army.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,378
    KERCHING

Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn 20s
    YouGov/Sun poll tonight: Tories and Labour level pegging. CON 34%, LAB 34%, UKIP 15%, LD 8%. Labour last as low as 34% in July 2010.
  • Options

KERCHING

YouGov/Sun poll tonight: Tories and Labour level pegging. CON 34%, LAB 34%, UKIP 15%, LD 8%. Labour last as low as 34% in July 2010.

et tu YouGov ?
  • Options
    Freggles said:

kle4 said:

FPT
    kle4 said:

I still play Civilisation II. The best game of all time. Nothing since has come close to matching those Wonder videos.
  • Options

KERCHING

et tu YouGov ?
    Not yet, only when the Tories are ahead....
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn · 16 secs
    Interesting that Tories not catching Labour. Instead, Lab share falling to Tory levels (33-34% for last 10 months); http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/9mgln3wq1v/YG-Archives-Pol-Trackers-Voting-Trends-with-UKIP-120514.pdf

I think I mentioned this earlier ;-)
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Tom Newton Dunn @tnewtondunn

YouGov/Sun poll tonight: Tories and Labour level pegging. CON 34%, LAB 34%, UKIP 15%, LD 8%. Labour last as low as 34% in July 2010

• Options
    Mr. Royale, I learnt quite a bit, I seem to recall, from the Civipaedia. I wish more such games came out for consoles.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

It looks impressive.

haha oh dear

Wouldnt it be a moral victory if UKIP + this mob win most votes though? It would also play into the UKIP meme of dirty tricks being played against them
  • Options

Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn · 16 secs
    Interesting that Tories not catching Labour. Instead, Lab share falling to Tory levels (33-34% for last 10 months); http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/9mgln3wq1v/YG-Archives-Pol-Trackers-Voting-Trends-with-UKIP-120514.pdf

I think I mentioned this earlier ;-)

Only timing. Ed's vote drops and swingback kicks in later.
  • Options
    Hard to believe that even less a month ago, some PBers were assuring me that Labour's share of the vote was solid, despite me telling the trend was showing the opposite.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

KERCHING

TSE, does the yougov level pegging count as a 'cross-over' according to your bet ?
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @ToryJim

I was a monumental failure at becoming institutionalized,
    On the other hand, it does mean that respect in my eyes is "earned" not "granted".
  • Options
    edited May 2014

KERCHING

TSE, does the yougov level pegging count as a 'cross-over' according to your bet ?
    For one of my bets it has to be level pegging or Tories ahead.
  • Options
    Freggles said:

kle4 said:

FPT
    kle4 said:

I must have owned at least three copies over the years, but somehow, as i discovered when wanting to replay it recently, I seem to have lost them all. Screw it, I can pick it up again for a fiver, I think I'll do that right now.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

It looks impressive.

Could push the LDs into sixth place.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    There is absolutely no excuse for the attacks on UKIP members, supporters, voters or representatives *in any way*. The stories coming out are disgusting.

Personally, I think UKIP may have gone slightly over-the-top in recent weeks. My reaction has been ameliorated by the pathetic ad-hominem attacks on UKIP by the mainstream parties and press. However, I thought the posters were a little paranoid - and the finger-pointing Kitchener-style made me wince - so there is a risk a few floating voters will recoil at the last minute.

IMHO Farage should keep a strong, sensible but, above all, reasonable and measured message on immigration. He should balance this with his key strength: that he gets votes alienation from mainstream politics, both in the EU and Westminster, because he understands them and talks to them.

That's how he'll push himself above 30% in future elections. I think Farage will get about 25-26% in this year's Euros.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Ninoinoz said:

Ninoinoz said:

BobaFett said:

@ToryJim

deaconess (ditto)
    hostess
    Duke and duchess
    Count and countess
    Marquess and marchioness

I think the defintion of 'job' needs tightening.
    Margrave and Margravina.

What game are we playing?
  • Options
    ToryJim said:

ToryJim said:

Indeed, Mr. Jim!

Not silly, respect is an underrated concept and it is instilled/taught it cannot happen by osmosis. I still have family friends who are referred to as Auntie and Uncle despite no familial relationship. I respect others because it was drilled into me with consequences for failure.

Well said, I agree
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

@ToryJim

I was a monumental failure at becoming institutionalized,
    On the other hand, it does mean that respect in my eyes is "earned" not "granted".

You see I'm more comfortable with the reverse of that. I respect everyone unless they have positively earned my disrespect. It would make for a better world if others took a similar approach.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Mike- if this looks impressive, you really are easily pleased. It is utterly atrocious on every imaginable level IMVHO (the v stands for very).

Off topic- thanks to all the comments on the previous thread. I have forgotten what a genial community pb actually is. Can anyone please tell me what has happened to Tim?

It looks impressive.

• Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,287
    Looks like there is real Lab downward momentum - not just over the long term but literally on a daily basis.

If this continues for the next 9 days the Locals and Euros could get embarrassing - OK, people may answer the GE question differently but there must be a major spill-over impact.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737

KERCHING

UNS

Lab 321
    Con 283
    UKIP 0
    LD 18
    Oths 10
    NI 18

Lab 5 short...
  • Options

Hard to believe that even less a month ago, some PBers were assuring me that Labour's share of the vote was solid, despite me telling the trend was showing the opposite.

Thing is now, if UKIP voters go back to the party that owns their vote, it will be Labour that benefit., as its the Labour share dropping not Conservatives rising... is it ok to vote UKIP now? Or should they go back to Lab?
  • Options
    isam said:

Thing is now, if UKIP voters go back to the party that owns their vote, it will be Labour that benefit., as its the Labour share dropping not Conservatives rising... is it ok to vote UKIP now? Or should they go back to Lab?
    Depends entirely if the 2010 Con to UKIP switchers go back.

The ultimate Tory dream is that happens whilst Lab haemorrhages support to UKIP and the Red Liberals go back.
  • Options
    New pb rule?

Gold Standard = the pollster that most consistently produces polling results you agree over all other pollsters
This discussion has been closed.