Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » By this time next week a large part of Labour’s selectorate

124»

Comments

• Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    edited August 2015
    Pulpstar said:

PClipp said:

Pulpstar said:

Burnham could well still pick up more second prefs of Corbyn over Liz or Yvette ;)

I think we need a thread explaining how AV works.......
    Noone will ever know how Jezza's second prefs (or none) are though :P
    Because in all probability, they will not come into play, Mr Star.

I think you do really know how AV works, Mr Star - but I would rather like to see another thread on it, just to make sure.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Scott_P said:

@spectator: How Jeremy Corbyn could destroy the Tories (yes, really) http://t.co/2PLaRYu3AI

Matthew Parris is very hit and miss these days. He wrote a brilliant article a few days ago on the Edward Heath allegations.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    Scott_P said:

Swinney. Financial genius...

@HTScotPol: SNP had record £7m income last year and still ended up £500k in the red, new accounts show http://t.co/Kj2upUZEjR http://t.co/qLdGfiRCGh

well much as I laugh at Eckonomics, if there was year to overspend it was Indyref year.Frankly one should be asking why the deficit wasn't greater.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

2017 watch:

Nuneaton and Bedworth to NOC....

Bermuda Park and Coventry Arena stations to open next month!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "China devalues yuan by 2% to boost flagging economy

Surprise move follows data showing economic dip amid new fears of deepening global currency wars"

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/aug/11/china-devalues-yuan-by-2-to-boost-flagging-economy
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,890
    isam said:

Scott_P said:

@spectator: How Jeremy Corbyn could destroy the Tories (yes, really) http://t.co/2PLaRYu3AI

It's a reasonable point.

If Corybn becomes leader, then it will be a sea change in British politics. That will end up changing the tory party as well, it has to.

I made this point before the election, I will find the post to prove it!

isam • Posts: 15,402
    December 2014

I see no reason why in the near future, when petty , pretend differnces are put to one side, there wont be a realignment of the parties

Left leaning Libdem, Progressive Labour, Greens, and SNP
    Blairite Labour/Cameroons/Orange Bookers
    Old Labour/Right Leaning Tories/UKIP
  • Options
    dyingswandyingswan Posts: 189
    In Peter Sellers last film Being There the central character was Chauncey Gardiner a simple man whose banal statements were mistaken for pearls of wisdom. He has been reborn as Jeremy Corbyn. The Labour Party are now so confused by their defeat in May that they are going to vote for Chauncey. His view of the world appeals to them. It can be written in slogans on t shirts.Corbyn, like Chauncey is calm and detached, secure in his own limitations. This election is now beyond parody. Can someone please whisper to the Guardian and the Labour Party that Chauncey did not really exist
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    dyingswan said:

In Peter Sellers last film Being There the central character was Chauncey Gardiner a simple man whose banal statements were mistaken for pearls of wisdom. He has been reborn as Jeremy Corbyn. The Labour Party are now so confused by their defeat in May that they are going to vote for Chauncey. His view of the world appeals to them. It can be written in slogans on t shirts.Corbyn, like Chauncey is calm and detached, secure in his own limitations. This election is now beyond parody. Can someone please whisper to the Guardian and the Labour Party that Chauncey did not really exist

Chauncey Gardiner also walked on water - just like JC...
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    I have made my own party choice based on who I want to share a party with just as much as where exactly I am on the political spectrum.
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046
    Final call for £3 text supporters - I see that 14 year olds can join for a £1 - can they vote?

https://twitter.com/Corbyn4Leader/status/631138074140000257
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    dyingswan said:

I like to watch.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Camilla Long described Comrade Corbyn's utterances as *phatic*.

I had to Google that one.
    phatic
    ˈfatɪk/
    adjective: phatic

denoting or relating to language used for general purposes of social interaction, rather than to convey information or ask questions. Utterances such as hello, how are you? and nice morning, isn't it? are phatic.
    dyingswan said:

• Options
    AndyJS said:

Scott_P said:

Matthew Parris is very hit and miss these days. He wrote a brilliant article a few days ago on the Edward Heath allegations.
    LMAO Speccie readers are going to destroy him. Anything to the Left of Nigel Farage they actively despise. It's scary.
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited August 2015
    Scott_P said:

@NCPoliticsUK: 9 points is the biggest CON lead in an ICM poll while in government since May 1992, and the second biggest ever, according to @markpack's db

I think it is the 3rd highest ICM lead (whilst in Govt) since Oct1987.
    Dec 1987 10 lead
    09 May 1992 11 lead

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @BethRigby: Just off the phone to a v sensible/capable shadow cabinet figure whose in despair over #Corbyn surge. "Party's gone into complete meltdown"
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    Scott_P said:

@BethRigby: Just off the phone to a v sensible/capable shadow cabinet figure whose in despair over #Corbyn surge. "Party's gone into complete meltdown"

Is there a list of people who have ruled themselves in/out of a Corbyn shadow cabinet?
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

dyingswan said:

I like to watch.
    In the fall there will be pruning, and in the spring there will be fresh growth.