Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A new day has dawned for Labour as Corbyn wins on the first

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,818

Mr. G, indeed, but it's interesting to consider what might have been and the little forks in the road that lead to wildly different destinations.

MD , all part of life's rich tapestry
  • Options
    PaulyPauly Posts: 897
    His cabinet is either less left than we're expecting or bloody empty - it seems so many are ruling themselves out.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

Dear god, Butler and Thornberry praising Corbyn although not wanting him as leader

Who will risk being first to stop clapping?
    Claps. (You that is)
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,001
    AndyJS said:

Michael Foot went ahead in the polls for about a year after being elected leader.

Let's see if Corbyn can do the same.

I think it's very likely.

Like Miliband, removing him will not even be on the agenda because he will get good polls.

Then there will be a real election and nobody will care about the answers they told the pollsters any more and they will vote Conservative instead.
  • Options
    Corbyn's rambling speech was like a Sociology teacher at a 1970s Polytechnic ; just mawkish , maudlin and amateurish
  • Options

Corbyn's pulled out of tomorrow's Andrew Marr Show

Stick a tub of lard on instead.

Serious comment - if he carries on playing like this he'll find out very rapidly that he's in the big boys' game now and that the rules remain the same as they always have. He needs friends in the press and he needs positive coverage.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

alex. said:

Lots of senior Labour MPs finding passionate causes that they want to concentrate on which would sadly get in the way of being able to serve in the Shadow Cabinet.

Then they're bloody idiots because they won't have added to their CVs by the time the next leadership election comes round in 2018 or so. Even Tony Blair of blessed memory made his name in Opposition, not government.
    Not sure your logic holds there, old chap. Haven't Labour just elected a leader who has never held a shadow or government post?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,658

Artist said:

I don't think Burnham lent any nominations in the end, the responsibility for nominating Corbyn rests with the individual MP's who will have to now justify their actions. I'm not sure Cooper's result is good enough for her to run again in 2/3 years time.

It would have been unfortunate if MPs had prevented a candidate who 60% of the voters wanted from standing at all. People in the party who disagree with him need to develop an alternative, not rely on the nomination process to do the job for them.

If they feel that way, they shouldn't have had that nomination process at all, not at the level it was. Either you think the MPs should screen the candidates, or you don't - either's fine, but the party agreed the MPs should and then changed its mind, when maybe they should have just not had that system in the first place.
  • Options
    Why is a dinosaur like Prescott still around?

Oh wait, they just elected a dinosaur as leader.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,827
    I Liked Jezzas line about the ethnic cleansing of London because of Tory housing policies.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Lol at him pulling out of Marr. I feel like the Westminster bubble are going to be more angry about Jez not respecting the rituals like that, than they will be about his policies.

But, but the SNP were clapping in the Commons when they should have been braying like donkeys! It's not gentlemanly!
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    edited September 2015
    If I were still a Labour voter, I'd have gone for Kendall and Creasy. About as good as my predictive skills.

They've gone for 'the nutter on the bus' and the Billy Bunter - not an ovary between them. Have they got a problem with women?
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    edited September 2015
    EPG said:

AndyJS said:

Michael Foot went ahead in the polls for about a year after being elected leader.

Like Miliband, removing him will not even be on the agenda because he will get good polls.

Then there will be a real election and nobody will care about the answers they told the pollsters any more and they will vote Conservative instead.
    Polling in 1980 was very different. The adjustments these days will make substantial opinion poll gains far less likely. Especially with the heavy down-weighting of infrequent voters.
  • Options
    That should help pay off some of this holiday.

Meanwhile, a voter who backed both Gordon Brown and Ed Miliband speaks:

@SophyRidgeSky: Gillian Duffy has just texted me (seriously): "Vey sad will not vote Lab again" #labourleadership
  • Options
    Dan is having a bit of a spleen http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11859233/The-day-the-Labour-Party-died.html
    To know just how unelectable Jeremy Corbyn is, don’t listen to his critics, but listen to his supporters. Yesterday I did the Daily Politics program with the Guardian’s Zoe Williams.

Could Jeremy Corbyn be elected prime minister, she was asked. This was her instinctive, verbatim, response: “Look … this whole idea that there’s a solid mass of the general public who sit in the centre and that’s where they always sit, this is completely fallacious I think. I mean, all these people who … the kind of Blairite Labour should be able to appeal to … if they are so multiple why did none of them join as supporters to vote for the person they wanted? So the idea we’ve got this very centre right country that can be drawn to the left by the right kind of cosmetic person … the idea that that exists is wrong. People respond to strong arguments. Now, whether or not Jeremy Corbyn is going to make the right arguments, whether or not he can be the person who can make those strong arguments remains to be seen.”
  • Options
    I can see Prescott serving in a shadow cabinet. He's the only Labour figure I've seen that actually looks happy.
  • Options
    Prescott talking up a coalition with the SNP in the future..

Thatll be going down like a cup of cold sick in middle england
  • Options
    CD13 said:

If I were still a Labour voter, I'd have gone for Kendall and Creasy. About as good as my predictive skills.

They've gone for 'the nutter on the bus' and the Billy Bunter - not an ovary between them. Have they got a problem with women?

I've been a Labour supporter for 35 years, and that's the way I voted. But then, what do I know?
  • Options
    Brilliant stuff.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

It already did in May, that gunpowder has been used.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,855
    edited September 2015

Serious comment - if he carries on playing like this he'll find out very rapidly that he's in the big boys' game now and that the rules remain the same as they always have. He needs friends in the press and he needs positive coverage.
    Agreed. Maybe every time he pulls out of an interview, he should be replaced by a researcher with a book of Corbyn quotes from the past 40 years, who can answer the questions on his behalf based on what he's said in the past.

As you say he's now playing the big boys' game with the big boys' rules, and he's not going to like it one bit.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

Who did you vote for in the end?

I totally bottled it and voted Burnham first, Cooper second, Corbyn 3rd.

But a part of me is still excited and hoping Jez can make this work.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    PlatoSays said:

Has he? Golly why?

PlatoSays said:

Labour's new left-wing leader faces a baptism of fire over the next few weeks.

Key dates in the diary already include:

Sunday morning: TV interview with the BBC's Andrew Marr
    Monday: House of Commons vote on government's Trade Union bill, cracking down on strike laws
    Monday: Dinner with trade union barons at the TUC conference in Brighton
    Monday evening: First private meeting of Labour MPs
    Wednesday: First Prime Minister's Questions
    Tuesday September 29: Labour party conference leadership speech
    October: Expected vote on military action against ISIS in Syria

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3230999/Tee-total-vegetarian-nicknamed-Jelly-child-voted-against-Labour-David-Cameron.html#ixzz3lWWcbTgJ
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Hes pulled out of the Andy Marr show. Doesnt bode well.

Probably Corbyn didn't want to appear on TV as he will be too busy forming his shadow cabinet, or some such legitimate reason. The idea that he doesn't want to appear on Andrew Marr's programme because he will be expected to answer questions is wholly unjustified and the product of the feverish imaginations of vile tories.
  • Options
    PlatoSays said:

Has he? Golly why?

PlatoSays said:

Monday: House of Commons vote on government's Trade Union bill, cracking down on strike laws

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3230999/Tee-total-vegetarian-nicknamed-Jelly-child-voted-against-Labour-David-Cameron.html#ixzz3lWWcbTgJ

He has some fish to fillet
  • Options
    Speedy said:

It already did in May, that gunpowder has been used.
    It's more like a cannon on a ship, we can add as many cannonballs as we like until the ship goes out of range.
  • Options
    Lots of comments for a Saturday morning - has something been happening?

So will JC be our saviour?

'Engineers for Corbyn' in a happy mood today.

In all seriousness, I have no idea how this will all unfold. But I don’t think we had any other option than to give Radical Labour a go.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

I don't tend to vote for people simply because they have ovaries.
    That's why Cooper lost.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

I joined up for the first time two years ago to make sure EdM didn't become PM.

There are times when it just needs to be done. I still have my cassette tape of branded Things Can Only Get Better from my time as a Blair voter!

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:
    Thanks - I've never joined a party before, but with JC as the opposition it's clear that there's only one sensible party in the UK right now.
    Ha ha!

Ed was misguided and out of ideas, but Corbyn is downright dangerous and needs to be stopped at all and any cost.
    What are you going to do? Bomb Islington?
    Drones are being prepared as we speak, just need to find Baw face and get the nod.
  • Options

I think you are mistaking Corbyn with the Westminster elite. He is in this to change politics not to comply with the old way IMO
  • Options
    If he wants to appoint people from across the party he's presumably going to need to make clear pretty sharpish where he draws the line of which political positions he is going to insist they support under collective responsibility. People are not going to agree to serve without assurances on fundamental things like NATO membership, EU etc.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

Yes I think so, the Union movement in particular seems very male and patriarchal. It's OK to have Beckett or Harman as no 2 but not the top job.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:
    Welcome.
  • Options
    PlatoSays said:

the kind of Blairite Labour should be able to appeal to … if they are so multiple why did none of them join as supporters to vote for the person they wanted?

Well, that is a good point. If the "Blairite" way so totally failed to enthuse people enough to sign up and vote even for the measly cost of £3, that doesn't exactly suggest it would manage to enthuse people in a general election.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

Do you have a man problem
  • Options

In all seriousness, I have no idea how this will all unfold. But I don’t think we had any other option than to give Radical Labour a go.

My thoughts too.

Anti Austerity is the only chance of a 2020 Lab victory IMO
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Congratulations to all PBers who have won money today and commiserations to those who did not.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,855

Sandpit said:
    Welcome.
    Thanks, first time joining a party!
  • Options
    Mr. CD13, it's the absence of brains, not ovaries, which ought to be cause for concern.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited September 2015
    Looks like Sturgeon wants a by-election in Barrow:

https://www.twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/642657581077516288
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Antony Little ‏@antonylittle 5m5 minutes ago
    Liz Kendall confirms her resignation as Shadow Care Minister
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Congratulations to all PBers who have won money today and commiserations to those who did not.

Thanks to the kind soul who tipped at 100/1, my £200 (that's a lot for me) will be spent to great effect.
  • Options

PlatoSays said:

Has he? Golly why?

PlatoSays said:

Probably Corbyn didn't want to appear on TV as he will be too busy forming his shadow cabinet, or some such legitimate reason. The idea that he doesn't want to appear on Andrew Marr's programme because he will be expected to answer questions is wholly unjustified and the product of the feverish imaginations of vile tories.

But makes sense to the frothers on here Hurst. He has bigger fish to fry than listen to that plonker Marr sucking up to him.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Agreed. Maybe every time he pulls out of an interview, he should be replaced by a researcher with a book of Corbyn quotes from the past 40 years, who can answer the questions on his behalf based on what he's said in the past.

As you say he's now playing the big boys' game with the big boys' rules, and he's not going to like it one bit.
    You are not the full shilling
  • Options
    edited September 2015

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:
    Thanks - I've never joined a party before, but with JC as the opposition it's clear that there's only one sensible party in the UK right now.
    MASSIVE SPOILER: Commenters on PB are Conservatives
    Even the floating voters on pb are Conservatives.
    I've voted in various elections Tory, Lib Dem, Plaid ( long long time ago), and yes Labour depending on the election, the candidate, the voting system, and the circumstance. True my world view is not exactly John Prescott shall we say a rule, but I'm also on record that I don't think Carwyn Jones does a bad job here in Wales ( should spend more on the NHS and less elsewhere mind) and he is exactly the sort of pragmatic safe left of centre competent person Labour used to have lots of whose motives you could not reasonably question, and whom I never saw as an active danger.

However, the bottom line about today is that LOTO is an absolute menace to this country, its security, and the real welfare of the vast majority of people living in it. The Labour Party truly entered Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter is running the show. The sight of two London MPs ( Thornberry plus one) wrestling with the tautology of "I wanted him to win of course but I voted for Andy/Yvette" shows the plot is utterly and totally lost.

The man is a real danger and he needs calling out as such.
  • Options
    JC is the Messiah and I am a disciple!!
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

My thoughts too.

By 2020 austerity is over. It's almost over now and we barely had any in the first place. In Greece and Spain anti-austerity parties do well because they had real austerity imposed on them by a foreign power. Here it doesn't do well (as seen in May) because most people didn't feel the effects of any cuts and a lot of people think they are a good thing.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

I Liked Jezzas line about the ethnic cleansing of London because of Tory housing policies.

Because London is just so white....
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    dr_spyn said:

In a parallel universe she won a resounding victory and Cameron is looking nervous.
  • Options

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:
    Since Corbyn's victory, the majority of voters in England could well be Conservative! (I await England-only polling showing 50% Con..)
    What incentive is there to vote Labour if you're English, now?

Fallon got it right: Labour under Corbyn threaten your physical security as well as your economic security.

No-one will vote for that, except the ideologues and those who already have nothing to lose (and can be bothered actually voting).
  • Options
    Labour keep repeating the line that they have "turned around public opinion on migrants". Is there actually any evidence whatsoever of that being the case?
  • Options

I think you are mistaking Corbyn with the Westminster elite. He is in this to change politics not to comply with the old way IMO
    He might be in it to 'change politics' but that doesn't mean everyone else need play along. The media suffers notoriously from mental inertia and even if they were willing to engage in his new politics - whatever that means - I'm not sure they'd be able to.
  • Options
    welshowl said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:
    I've voted in various elections Tory, Lib Dem, Plaid ( long long time ago), and yes Labour depending on the election, the candidate, the voting system, and the circumstance. True my world view is not exactly John Prescott shall we say a rule, but I'm also on record that I don't think Carwyn Jones does a bad job here in Wales ( should spend more on the NHS and less elsewhere mind) and he is exactly the sort of pragmatic safe left of centre competent person Labour used to have lots of whose motives you could not reasonably question, and whom I never saw as an active danger.

However, the bottom line about today is that LOTO is an absolute menace to this country, its security, and the real welfare of the vast majority of people living in it. The Labour Party truly entered Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter is running the show. The sight of two London MPs ( Thornberry plus one) wrestling with the tautology of "I wanted him to win of course but I voted for Andy/Yvette" shows the plot is utterly and totally lost.

Ha Ha Ha, back behind the sofa jelly boy
  • Options
    Mr. Freggles, in a parallel universe, Miliband's PM, Balls is Chancellor, Cameron's gone and Boris is about to become Leader of the Opposition.
  • Options

Youre a loony.

Hat tip to Monty Python.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

My thoughts too.

By 2020 austerity is over. It's almost over now and we barely had any in the first place. In Greece and Spain anti-austerity parties do well because they had real austerity imposed on them by a foreign power. Here it doesn't do well (as seen in May) because most people didn't feel the effects of any cuts and a lot of people think they are a good thing.
    Ha Ha Ha , most people will not have their Dad's old boy network to get them cushy jobs to line their pockets and will be very much mired in austerity in 2020.
  • Options
    alex. said:

Labour keep repeating the line that they have "turned around public opinion on migrants". Is there actually any evidence whatsoever of that being the case?

No, I think they are going for the "big lie" on this one. Say something enough times for it to be taken as the truth regardless of any evidence showing the contrary.
  • Options
    Freggles said:

dr_spyn said:

In a parallel universe she won a resounding victory and Cameron is looking nervous.
    Except the swing voters in that Newsnight focus group said she was worse than Corbyn.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

PlatoSays said:

the kind of Blairite Labour should be able to appeal to … if they are so multiple why did none of them join as supporters to vote for the person they wanted?

Well, that is a good point. If the "Blairite" way so totally failed to enthuse people enough to sign up and vote even for the measly cost of £3, that doesn't exactly suggest it would manage to enthuse people in a general election.

Because Labour has just engaged in a voodoo poll, measuring simply those who care enough to get involved.
  • Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549

PlatoSays said:

Has he? Golly why?

PlatoSays said:

From a media management point of view I'd wonder about the immediate interview anyway. He's the big political story of this weekend at least in any case. Why not spend the time getting things lined up, delay your first interview and you can make that a news event as well. Say on the 20th before conference.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited September 2015
    Pauly said:

MP_SE said:

Thanks to the kind soul who tipped at 100/1, my £200 (that's a lot for me) will be spent to great effect.
    Very nice, well done! Unfortunately I backed Corbyn at much shorter odds but on the plus side forgot I had bet as much as I did.
  • Options
    Right, I'm now predicting Carson as GOP candidate. So that's him done for.

I expect a little rise in the polls for Labour; Jezza is still a breath of fresh air and the rancid reek of seventies Trot has yet to percolate through.

But it will.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Because Labour has just engaged in a voodoo poll, measuring simply those who care enough to get involved.

But that's the point. If the Blairite message couldn't GET normal people to care enough to sign up (even at bargain price), why would they get normal people to care about that message in a GE?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

welshowl said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:

Fuck off
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,950
    EPG said:

AndyJS said:

He will not get good polls Ed Miliband trailed Cameron badly as preferred PM and more final polls had the Tories ahead than Labour in 1983 Labour polled even worse in the final polls than the score they got. The Tories first polls under IDS had them on about 28/29% and I expect Labour to get about the same now
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

My thoughts too.

Biggest risk for the Conseratives now is that they use the election of Corbyn as an excuse to move Left. As well as being wrong, it will also open up their right-flank to UKIP again.

They must stick to their current course and manifesto.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    MaxPB said:

alex. said:

No, I think they are going for the "big lie" on this one. Say something enough times for it to be taken as the truth regardless of any evidence showing the contrary.
    Another incident of Labour pandering to the electorate they wish they had, rather than dealing with the one they really have.
  • Options

creepy.
  • Options
    I have had a good laugh at the frothers jokes but must depart, will check it out later for more laughs.
  • Options
    How soon will it be before desperate PB Tory "Refugees" take to crossing the English Channel in flimsy craft to reach the promised land of... er, France?

(only kidding!)
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

But that's the point. If the Blairite message couldn't GET normal people to care enough to sign up (even at bargain price), why would they get normal people to care about that message in a GE?
    Becuase normal people dont 'do' politics.

Unless its a general election.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Because centrist politics doesn't fire people up? Still gets them out on election day.
  • Options
    welshowl said:

malcolmg said:

welshowl said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:

Fuck off
    How Tory
  • Options
    I do like Dan Hodges' turn of phrase. He could turn out totally wrong (though I thought that about his Ed is crap stance), but his sherpa analogy was a good one.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,045
    What on earth has happened to the Blairites? Both Cooper and Burnham were dragged to the left by Corbyn, particularly the latter. Kendall was the one true 'modernising' candidate. I don't mean to be cruel to her but 18,000 votes is pitiful. All the Blairites had to do was pay £3 to support her. Even as it became clear she wouldn't win, at least a decent vote share would have been a sign that the modernisers weren't dead.

So one of two things must have happened. Blairism, like Nazism after world war 2, has simply evaporated into the ether or the Blairites have simply given up on the Labour Party.
  • Options

creepy.
    Simon, not like you to have a humour bypass
  • Options
    Mr G,

"Ha Ha Ha, back behind the sofa jelly boy."

You're just a contrarian. I know you'd hate Jezza as PM.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Labour much better off without the Ultra Blairites in the cabinet. No good them calling for unity then taking their bat home after a resounding defeat. Perhaps they would consider a by election against a Corbyn supporting Labour Candidate.
  • Options
    The fundamental flaw with False Consciousness.

It isn't.

MaxPB said:

alex. said:

Another incident of Labour pandering to the electorate they wish they had, rather than dealing with the one they really have.
  • Options
    I see JCorbyn has already pulled out of Marr tomorrow. It seems the MSM are going to have to grovel, lick his sandals and (all parts in between) if they want an interview. Probably the only thing I will ever agree with him on.

'Almost' feel sorry for Harriet Harman, it looks like the women in the Labour party have gone backwards. But then they are a pretty mediocre bunch.

The tories need to be careful with this and should let things die down before commentating but then they probably won't. Politics is more macho than it ever was.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @alex.

'Yvette Cooper ALMOST said Tom and Jerry'

Has there ever been a duo elected that's more voter repellent ?
  • Options
    welshowl said:

malcolmg said:

welshowl said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:

Fuck off
    Lolz!
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

creepy.
    Simon, not like you to have a humour bypass
    The humour is still there MrG – in fact my cup runneth over :lol:
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    So Labour did and done it; they have elected a left wing fascist of the first water. Not only that, they have also elected a thug as deputy leader named Watson.

The only saving grace is that they are not in power; but watch out! Anti semitism and a muslim love in will be the the norm from Labour.

I also see that the resignations from the present shadow cabinet has started. Will Labour split? Unlikely, as MP's such as Lammy and Khan are already sucking at Corbyn's arsehole.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

2,574 £3ers voted for her!!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Well Corbyn is leader and the Tory first reaction is as I predicted blowing their fuse and screaming that a 66 year old vegetarian from north Islington is the biggest threat to national security since Joan of Arc.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Danny565 said:

Because centrist politics doesn't fire people up? Still gets them out on election day.
    If £3 registration had been on offer in 1994, Blair would definitely have got a lot of "normal" people to sign up. Because what he was offering actually WAS in tune with the mood of the times, in a way that it just isn't in tune with the mood now (in any country).
  • Options

What on earth has happened to the Blairites? Both Cooper and Burnham were dragged to the left by Corbyn, particularly the latter. Kendall was the one true 'modernising' candidate. I don't mean to be cruel to her but 18,000 votes is pitiful. All the Blairites had to do was pay £3 to support her. Even as it became clear she wouldn't win, at least a decent vote share would have been a sign that the modernisers weren't dead.

So one of two things must have happened. Blairism, like Nazism after world war 2, has simply evaporated into the ether or the Blairites have simply given up on the Labour Party.

Blairites are like Tory moderates, there aren't many of them but normal people without strong political tendencies prefer them to a government of Corbynistas/PB Tories.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799

Both. Blairism is discredited, and Blairite voters back the Tories or Lib Dems or stay at home.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Speedy said:

Well Corbyn is leader and the Tory first reaction is as I predicted blowing their fuse and screaming that a 66 year old vegetarian from north Islington is the biggest threat to national security since Joan of Arc.

He is!
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,793

Prepare for him to be crucified (metaphorically of course)
  • Options
    welshowl said:

malcolmg said:

welshowl said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:

Fuck off
    Better look under the bed at night, Jeremy Corbyn might be under it planning to steal your jelly beans. BOOO.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

EPG said:

AndyJS said:

He will not get good polls Ed Miliband trailed Cameron badly as preferred PM and more final polls had the Tories ahead than Labour in 1983 Labour polled even worse in the final polls than the score they got. The Tories first polls under IDS had them on about 28/29% and I expect Labour to get about the same now
    Final polls didn't matter in 2013. What mattered was polls with 10-point Labour leads over Conservatives. If anybody thinks that is impossible this parliament, more power to them but I disagree.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:
    Surbiton, Southam, and many others, will find that surprising.
  • Options
    Welsh Owl appears to be a scardy pooh, very easy to wind up, and foul mouthed!!!
  • Options
    MikeK said:

So Labour did and done it; they have elected a left wing fascist of the first water. Not only that, they have also elected a thug as deputy leader named Watson.

The only saving grace is that they are not in power; but watch out! Anti semitism and a muslim love in will be the the norm from Labour.

I also see that the resignations from the present shadow cabinet has started. Will Labour split? Unlikely, as MP's such as Lammy and Khan are already sucking at Corbyn's arsehole.

Stop beating about the bush, Mr Kaye! Tell us what you REALLY think LOL!
  • Options
    Speedy said:

welshowl said:

malcolmg said:

welshowl said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:

Fuck off
    Better look under the bed at night, Jeremy Corbyn might be under it planning to steal your jelly beans. BOOO.
    I'll leave the red ones out for him as a treat.
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046
    edited September 2015
    The left wing MSM are as expected starting to fall into line behind Corbyn.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/labour-taken-massive-leap-unknown-6429013

I think Kevin's piece is pretty fair and would agree with his conclusion:

"I, like everybody else including the new leader himself, didn't see it coming a few months ago. It's exciting. It's terrifying. It'll be a roller-coaster ride. So ignore those arrogantly insisting they know this journey will end in Hell or Heaven. Because Labour's taken a giant leap into the unknown."
  • Options
    Speedy said:

I'm a 39 year old vegetarian from north Ilford!

#Veggies4Corbyn !
  • Options
    Speedy said:

welshowl said:

malcolmg said:

welshowl said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

PlatoSays said:

Welcome aboard!

Sandpit said:

Fuck off
    LOL
  • Options
    Speedy said:

I think that is over simplfying the attach, which may well be ovredone but could have resonance - in that as LOTO or PM, such a person as with his views would be a threat.