Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » How Mr Corbyn could end Cameron’s Premiership

1234568»

Comments

• Actually it was 50/1 on Liz Truss.

Plus Mr Dancer, Liz Truss is from Leeds. She's from Yorkshire, how awesome is that!

LTWNBLOCP.
    You're going to be shocked by who I am going to tip tomorrow as Dave's replacement.
    Sajid?
    Already tipped him at 50/1
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,810
    MTimT said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Dair said:

TGOHF said:

Scots are beginning to notice that nobody is running the country - meanwhile schools, the police and Universities are going down the pan.

To the average person in the street, schools, the police and Universities are doing great. Which in reality they are.
    In your reality they might be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-21881440

"Scottish universities 'worst in UK' for attracting poor"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/11571724/SNP-accused-of-taking-eye-off-ball-as-literacy-standards-decline-in-Scottish-schools.html
    LOL. yes that will be read widely in Scotland. Typical southern rag.
    I worry for Scotland if malcolmg is representative. Rather than address bad news on literacy and availability of higher education to the poor - which of course will not affect the average person on the street as they have already completed their education, he'd prefer to mock a newspaper because it's English.

That is one huge chip to be carrying around.
    You are obviously too stupid to appreciate the point I was making.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,093

Actually it was 50/1 on Liz Truss.

Plus Mr Dancer, Liz Truss is from Leeds. She's from Yorkshire, how awesome is that!

LTWNBLOCP.
    You're going to be shocked by who I am going to tip tomorrow as Dave's replacement.
    John McDonnell?
  • MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

Anorak said:

This will, inevitably, become a major problem. There is no issue with space at a national level - although green belts will have to go - but the concentration of wealth in London will need to be addressed. I have no idea how that will happen...

Not saying you're wrong, but why does this need to be addressed? If people prefer to live together in one big city instead of scattered all over the place, and they can create a lot of wealth living this way, why is this bad?

I thought economic theory posits that large cities that reach critical mass to become a centre of excellence evolve partially because they, through proximity of many people, promote sharing and evolution of ideas, and hence innovation and in the process add value to the individuals involved, which is why they pay a premium to live in the city. Isn't this the basis of Ken Arrow's Nobel?

If that is the case, it explains the concentration of wealth which in turn is not necessarily a bad thing, provided there is some redistribution from London to the rest, which there is. So the only real question is whether the redistribution is sufficient. That's mainly an equity, i.e. political call.

LTWNBLOCP.
    Would this perspective candidate make a suitable addition to your harem..?

LTWNBLOCP.
    Tristan Hunt?

LTWNBLOCP.
    Tristan Hunt?
    no comment :lol:

LTWNBLOCP.
    John McDonnell?
    Now there's a thought

LTWNBLOCP.
    No, no and no again.
  • isamisam Posts: 40,877

LTWNBLOCP.
    Antifrank?

LTWNBLOCP.
    Sajid?
    Already tipped him at 50/1
    Are you allowed to mention former 50/1 tips on PB?

LTWNBLOCP.
    John McDonnell?
    Now there's a thought
    Shadsy will price it up for you....
  • John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

LTWNBLOCP.
    I'm calling it now. Liz Kendall.
  • taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    Tristram hunt.

It wouldn't surprise me if those in control at labour now use that name as rhyming slang.

''What a Tristram''

LTWNBLOCP.
    No, no and no again.
    It's Micheal Gove isn't it..
  • PMQs may have been more civilised, but dear God it was boring!
    taffys said:

Tristram hunt.

It wouldn't surprise me if those in control at labour now use that name as rhyming slang.

''What a Tristram''

He's already a Tristram (Hand) Shandy....
  • MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    malcolmg said:

MTimT said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Dair said:

TGOHF said:

Scots are beginning to notice that nobody is running the country - meanwhile schools, the police and Universities are going down the pan.

To the average person in the street, schools, the police and Universities are doing great. Which in reality they are.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/11571724/SNP-accused-of-taking-eye-off-ball-as-literacy-standards-decline-in-Scottish-schools.html
    I worry for Scotland if malcolmg is representative. Rather than address bad news on literacy and availability of higher education to the poor - which of course will not affect the average person on the street as they have already completed their education, he'd prefer to mock a newspaper because it's English.

LOL
  • saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    malcolmg said:

MTimT said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Dair said:

TGOHF said:

Step away from the Brasso, it's making you punchy. Try something lighter like cillit bang for an afternoon livener, it'll do you good.
  • foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

QT is becoming increasingly pointless, no lib, green or kipper, instead two comedians who don't represent a political party.

The Dane recently set up a feminist party, of which she is leader.
  • PMQs may have been more civilised, but dear God it was boring!

It's something which suits Cameron more than it does Corbyn.

Like it all not, PMQs is a chance for the oppoistion to be active against the government and to land some hits. Taking that away seems a mistake.

And in this case, Corbyn needs wins, and needs to build up backbench confidence and morale. This aint going to do it.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,215
    edited September 2015
    New Thread New Thread
  • HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    welshowl said:

Corbyn does right to stick to policy. Housing for example

Gap between no. of homes being built & no, of homes Britain needs is over 100k a year. If current trends continue gap rises to 2m by 2020.

Home ownership is now at its lowest level for 30 yrs. Avg deposit has risen to £72k. Families who rent are facing insecurity and rent rises.

Agreed, and as I said down thread, there's no magic bullet, it's a combination of carrot for the house builders, bit of stick for the nimbies, some direct Govt intervention (yes, that has a place), and trying to do something (EU renegotiation has to do a lot mind) to stop the external population increase. I visualise this when I am at the on Caerphilly mountain which lies north of Cardiff. There below you is a circular flattish sort of an area roughly 5m x 5m of pretty densely built up area of 350K people representing the capital city of one of our nations. Houses, schools, hospitals, parks, rail and road capacity, sewage, gas pipes, electrity wires, shops, stadiums, pubs, hotels, offices, factories, the whole panoply of humanity.

And just to keep up with net arrivals at 330k we are going to have to build the equivalent of this by the end of next October. It doesn't matter whether they are migrants from Syria, Bulgarian social workers, Indian bankers, or Spanish footballers, the logistics of it all are mind boggling.
    Mr. Howl, You might try stick for the developers and carrots for the nimbies for a change - France has had some success with that approach. However, until HMG recognises your point that we just cannot build a new Cardiff every year then the housing shortage will never be overcome, and the quality of life for existing residents, in terms of health care, transport, you name it, will decline year on year.

LTWNBLOCP.
    No, no and no again.
    Ahh. Eric Pickles.
  • saddened said:

malcolmg said:

MTimT said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Dair said:

TGOHF said:

Step away from the Brasso, it's making you punchy. Try something lighter like cillit bang for an afternoon livener, it'll do you good.
    Fishermans Friend
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,810
    MTimT said:

malcolmg said:

MTimT said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Dair said:

TGOHF said:

LOL
    Touche