Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Greek election result: Tspiras set to return as PM

Comments

• Options
    We really are being spoilt by our party leaders at present. It must be the year of the pig.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Um. I think we need to talk about THIS.

https://twitter.com/BestoftheMail/status/645713453441662977

Click thru for the full on WHOAH.

This could be Difficult for Dave.

Bit bizarre and maybe get some WTF laughs on Mock the Week but can't see it mattering politically that a retiring PM had an odd past.

Unless he did it while PM.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,745
    SeanT said:

That is a highly specific allegation to make.

Still, perhaps this will end the idea that the media only print stuff highly personal about the Left? This is not just a party leader but the PM to boot!
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    I wonder if all the lefties will mention that the story must be lies because it is in the Daily Mail?

And with that I am off to read this lurid story (if it is available online)
  • Options
    Pong said:

Speedy said:

Scott_P said:
    Ouch.
    Cocaine, having sex with a dead pig, Crosby saying he's a "tosser" and "posh sh*t". What a book.
    Cameron's base are little old ladies in the midlands, they won't be so excited by this.
    I get Ashcroft's beef, but what is his agenda? Why is he doing this now - and who benefits?

Does Ashcroft have the same contempt for Osborne?

Most importantly - from a betting perspective - which potential successor will get the good lords backing?
    Had he done it six months ago it may have hurt the Tories chances at the election.
    Had he done it in four years it may have hurt the Tories chances at the election.

This is silly season.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,927
    SeanT said:

Not as embarrassing as putting it in a live Diane Abbott
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Bit bizarre and maybe get some WTF laughs on Mock the Week but can't see it mattering politically that a retiring PM had an odd past.

It does slightly blunt Tory attacks on Corbyn -

"You supported the IRA in 1987"

"Well you did three tons of cocaine and orally raped a dead pig the following weekend"

"About the railways...."
    Corbyn supported the IRA while an MP. Has Cameron done any of this while he was an MP?

He was relatively open(ish) about having taken drugs in the past during the leadership election a whole decade ago. The line was always that the past was the past before being an MP.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Lol - Top japes from Dave ! Respect.
  • Options
    isam said:

SeanT said:

ROFLMAO!
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Dair said:

Off-topic but ...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-34301969

"Kezia Dugdale would allow indyref 'free vote'"

In fact she seems quite happy with Labour being neutral on the constitutional question, with members and MPs/MSPs (only really need the "s" on one of those don't I?) free to campaign on either side.

This is really something quite extraordinary, particularly bearing in mind Labour is a "British" party. (I understand that SLAB have toyed with and rejected the idea of breaking out and becoming an independent party, in comparable to the German CSU/CDU situation in Bavaria and outside it. In that kind of context this sort of position would make a bit more sense.)

One criticism I have seen levelled at Jeremy Corbyn from (very) left-wingers is that he takes an "progressive and anti-imperialist" stance on Ireland, but a "backwards and imperialist" view on Scotland. I'd be interested in how he would stand on Indyref 2.0.

We seem to be creeping ever closer to a situation in which a national party is quite happy to dump its former fief and stronghold, one of its historical heartlands which bequeathed it many of its major historical figures, and moreover the source of many of its previous majorities. Incredible.

You can't buck history.

The direction of travel is clear to all by the most boneheaded loyalists and the idea that there is something can be done to prevent Scottish Independence is clearly nonsense.
    I happen to agree Scottish independence will happen, and I think pretty soon, but you very much can 'buck history'. Even seemingly inevitable events are not actually inevitable, no matter how much afterwards people try to claim they were, or people beforehand try to claim their favoured cause is.
    Some things that once seemed inevitable now seem barmy. The flying cars (I think they were commuter helicopters) and eugenics (all the intellectual rage as the next item in the progressive public policy agenda) of Brave New World are firmly in the "crackpot" category these days, but were taken in deadly earnest at the time.

One delight of reading old books and newspapers is to see the confident predictions and received wisdom of the time, so often comprehensively dashed by the events that followed.
  • Options
    I presume No.10 will not respond directly to the pig allegation - don't want to be quoted saying it, even as part of a denial - so I wonder if we'll get some 'well he hasn't said he didn't do it' follow ups. Could be fun times.

What odds someone cracks a joke referencing it at the Labour conference?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited September 2015

Pong said:

Speedy said:

Scott_P said:
    Ouch.
    Cocaine, having sex with a dead pig, Crosby saying he's a "tosser" and "posh sh*t". What a book.
    Cameron's base are little old ladies in the midlands, they won't be so excited by this.
    I get Ashcroft's beef, but what is his agenda? Why is he doing this now - and who benefits?

Des Ashcroft have the same contempt for Osborne?
    He got his opinion polling for the GE so catastrophically wrong?

Ruining my ELBOW in the process! (though to be fair, the other pollsters weren't that great either!)
    I don't know about catastrophic. They were useful enough for me to make a decent overall profit on my constituency bets.

In his own words - they were snapshots, not predictions.
  • Options
    isam said:

SeanT said:

An inconvenient truth.

Post of the year :)
  • Options

isam said:

SeanT said:

ROFLMAO!
    Not sure what I feel worse for - my prurient interest in the original story, or my fits of laughter at isam's retort to it!
  • Options
    Paging Dennis Skinner @ PMQ's
  • Options

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

"Well you did three tons of cocaine and orally raped a dead pig the following weekend"

"About the railways...."
    Corbyn supported the IRA while an MP. Has Cameron done any of this while he was an MP?

He was relatively open(ish) about having taken drugs in the past during the leadership election a whole decade ago. The line was always that the past was the past before being an MP.
    That line doesn't exist for political attacks, or even just things that diminish the dignity of the person being attacked. How long has Cameron already been attacked for being part of the Bullingdon Club for heaven's sake? If it can make someone look bad, it will be used, if not always officially in the case of sillier or more spurious stuff.
  • Options
    Is the Cameron story for real? No news outlet seems to be running with it
  • Options
    kle4 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

"About the railways...."

That line doesn't exist for political attacks, or even just things that diminish the dignity of the person being attacked. How long has Cameron already been attacked for being part of the Bullingdon Club for heaven's sake? If it can make someone look bad, it will be used, if not always officially in the case of sillier or more spurious stuff.
    He's been attacked for Bullingdon for a decade and it hasn't really cut through and he's won two elections to become PM despite Bullingdon being openly known about.

I'm not sure how much more this will cut through given that Bullingdon was itself not a deal-breaker except for those who'd never support him anyway. To me this merges in with the Bullingdon stuff and drugs stuff as a student we've always known about.
  • Options
    Stolen from Facebook

A clear choice : Pigs mouth or Ham ass
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Scott_P said:

twitter.com/dailymailuk/status/645707802359365632

Ouch.
    Hilarious of course. Oakshott and Ashcroft should do the music halls as a double act. Ashcroft in his time has been a one man trade union - wanting to dictate in return for donate. With predictability poor results for all sides.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

PMQs will be great.

Someone needs to get their hands on that photo of Dave sticking his penis into a dead pig. That is seriously disgusting and would surely destroy his career.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

"About the railways...."

Sure. True.

I have heard hints of this stuff about Sam Cam (quite a wild past) and her husband before. If anything Sam is the wilder of the two. The ironic thing is that the Milibands (Ed and J) were not dissimilar. Also the Osbornes, together and apart.

Corbyn is just a serial philanderer (different generation)

FWIW I reckon this won't especially damage Cameron (unless something worse emerges). Most Brits have personally seen high jinks, or drunken lunacy, or kinky sex, or all three with added dwarves, meh.
    Dwarves? Did someone say dwarves?

https://twitter.com/thesundaysport/status/645327243254886400
  • Options
    Incidentally to declare an interest if I ever become famous I'd rather stuff I did at uni when I was a student in the past stayed in the past too. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Posted on the previous thread just as the new one went up.
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Pong.. Do you really want a Pres or PM who follows a murderous religion, to have his finger on the button, and is running a basically christian belief country..Only an idiot would trust such a person
    .You must always remember that one of the basic tenets and a major principle of Islam is to kill,by any and all means possible,all non believers..got that... ALL NON BELIEVERS..Fun eh.

Do you have a credible source for that?

And if it were true, how come the several million muslims in Britain haven't acted on it during the decades they've been here?

Or is it just your own twisted and prejudiced view of the world?
    Oh give over, you virtue signalling halfwit. It's not paranoid to be deeply suspicious of Islamic beliefs, as all of Islam is convulsed by a war of Fundamentalism, which has killed millions already, and which, in the form of ISIS (towards whom 27% of British Muslims feel sympathy) is sworn to kill us all.

Tool.
    You're in a sprightly mood this evening.

Certainly there is a deeply dangerous - and worryingly large - strain of jihadist Islam. But to infer from that, as Richard does, that every muslim is out to kill everyone else is paranoid babble.

That's not to say that reasonable precautions shouldn't be taken; it is to say that we shouldn't get het up in some kind of witchhunt.
    OK I'll give you the S K Tremayne Are You A Cretin question.

Do you believe there is a maximum percentage Muslim population beyond which, as things stand, we should not stray, as it will endanger our liberal values as we know them?

I do believe that (as I've said before). It is 10%, and even that is menacingly high.

Ask this of a lefty and they will scream racist (as you do), but that is because they are cretins. And moral cowards.
    There is a maximum figure but what it is depends on the culture of Islam held. Communities with a background in a secular country like Turkey are more readily integrated than those from a theocracy or those where tribal and family loyalties outweigh respect for the state and law.

I don't know precisely what the figure is - nor what we could do about it were we already over it - but I do think that it would be wise to immigration from Islamic countries to a practical minimum. Your 10% is probably top-side if anything, based on the countries-of-origin from which the majority of current immigrants come.

And it is racist (or religionist or whatever) to expect an extreme action from an individual solely on the basis of the religion held when the evidence doesn't support that belief.

(I'm afraid I can't reply further - dinner calls).
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

fpt for David Herdson

OK I'll give you the S K Tremayne Are You A Cretin question.

I argued here at the time of Charlie Hebdo that it wasn't necessarily the religion of Islam that was the problem, butm countries (since the enlightenment).. once it hits 4-10% you start to see terrorism
    ·

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Europe
    Entirely agree. It's painfully clear. We should cease Muslim immigration from now on. Erect some strange bogus barriers about language and income that don'tden or Germany that boggle the brain. They don't even have imperial associations with Muslim lands, to explain an open door, yet they invite them in. F*cking madness.
    The correlation between numbers and violence is the whole reason why I personally am so anti immigration. Despite how it may seem, it is nothing to do with one race, religion or belief system being superior or inferior, I am just convinced that mixing past a certain point is a recipe for disaster due to the conflict hat ensues, and I would say this applies whoever the majority is, in any circumstance. So although I say it as a white, Christian-ish Englishman in Essex, it would apply equally if I were a Pakistani Muslim in Lahore or a communist in China
    Even with such a lucid explanation lefties will still label you racist, with a full on sneer.
    If they could point to a country that has had a huge increase in numbers of any religion (from 0-1% to 5-6% of population in 30-40 years) and not suffered immense civil strife then they may be in a position to argue

Even Mormons in 19th Century America caused a lot of trouble until they were given a piece of land to call their own.
    Hindus, Sikhs, Bhuddists and Jains considerably exceed your 5% figure in much of the country, but terrorist incidents or civil unrest are really quite remarkably rare. It is not just about numbers, it is about the underlying culture.

The prickly arrogance of Islam, which proclaims its superiority while manifestly being at the root of economic political and social failure, generates a uniquely toxic cognitive dissonance.
    Where do those religions exceed 4-10%?

And why are so many Muslims, the massive, landslide, majority, not violent extremists? The problem is there are so many Muslims that there must be a enough extremists to be significant.
    Is there an armed group calling themselves "Christian State"? "Hindu State"? "Buddhist State"? "Jehovah's Witnesses State"?
    There is Israel.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Stolen from Facebook

A clear choice : Pigs mouth or Ham ass

Pork and Ride!
  • Options

kle4 said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

"About the railways...."

He's been attacked for Bullingdon for a decade and it hasn't really cut through and he's won two elections to become PM despite Bullingdon being openly known about.

I'm not sure how much more this will cut through given that Bullingdon was itself not a deal-breaker except for those who'd never support him anyway. To me this merges in with the Bullingdon stuff and drugs stuff as a student we've always known about.
    I'm not suggesting it will really cut through in a serious way, I'm as dismissive about the Bullingdon stuff as anyone and its seriously lazy stuff...but on the other hand, I will now think 'it's claimed he shagged a dead pig' when thinking of Cameron, for a time at least, even if I dismiss it as nonsense (I'm a little concerned at the lack of surprise it might be possible, even as drunken pranking that is not a big deal), which is all, I suspect, the good lord is after.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Is there an armed group calling themselves "Christian State"? "Hindu State"? "Buddhist State"? "Jehovah's Witnesses State"?

There is Israel.
    The one long term democracy in the Middle East that gives Muslims the vote?
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe that only Ashcroft knew about the pig story for all these years. Surely somebody would have leaked it to the press years ago?
  • Options
    @mofgimmers: You got a real purdy mouth http://t.co/pDCNHqObXN
  • Options
    I can see Twitter is going to be unusable for a while.
  • Options
    I think I'd make a great cipher of a politician to be honest - being teetotal, largely solitary and absent from social media, the best charge that could probably be levelled is I'm very boring and a bit weird. Give me a safe seat which doesn't relying on anything so hard as charisma, insight or ideas, and I'd probably be able to be trusted not to cause it to slip away because of a scandal.
  • Options

surbiton said:

There is Israel.
    Also Arabic is an official language (20% ethnic Arabs).
  • Options
    Just caught up.

I thought sausages were supposed to come out of pigs?
  • Options
    Will this story affect Cameron's standing with those groups that regard pigs as unclean?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Perhaps Dave really does like West Ham...

Could be worse, could have been a live pig.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    A lot of people have seen Cameron and thought 'haha charade you are'.... now we know why

http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/html/pigs-animals-lyrics.html
  • Options
    antifrank said:

I can see Twitter is going to be unusable for a while.

It has been useless since day one, so no change there ;)
  • Options

The book is to be trailed across multiple issues no doubt - this could be just the beginning, maybe these pranksters start you out on a dead one and work up.
  • Options

I find it hard to believe that only Ashcroft knew about the pig story for all these years. Surely somebody would have leaked it to the press years ago?

Like Gordon Brown on that rocking horse? Very popular on Guido at the time.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595
    SeanT said:

Dair said:

In fact she seems quite happy with Labour being neutral on the constitutional question, with members and MPs/MSPs (only really need the "s" on one of those don't I?) free to campaign on either side.

This is really something quite extraordinary, particularly bearing in mind Labour is a "British" party. (I understand that SLAB have toyed with and rejected the idea of breaking out and becoming an independent party, in comparable to the German CSU/CDU situation in Bavaria and outside it. In that kind of context this sort of position would make a bit more sense.)

One criticism I have seen levelled at Jeremy Corbyn from (very) left-wingers is that he takes an "progressive and anti-imperialist" stance on Ireland, but a "backwards and imperialist" view on Scotland. I'd be interested in how he would stand on Indyref 2.0.

We seem to be creeping ever closer to a situation in which a national party is quite happy to dump its former fief and stronghold, one of its historical heartlands which bequeathed it many of its major historical figures, and moreover the source of many of its previous majorities. Incredible.

You can't buck history.

The direction of travel is clear to all by the most boneheaded loyalists and the idea that there is something can be done to prevent Scottish Independence is clearly nonsense.

Unfortunately for Labour, it is probably too late for them, they are dead in the water, sliding down below 20%. And the neutral view, likely to be closely tied to the Federalist/Devo-Max view which was once the most popular choice, is waning in popularity.

Before the First Referendum campaign, the middle ground was heavily favoured and while we don't yet have polling of the three way question we can see from such polling in Catalonia that the main casualty of denying an Independence movement is always the middle ground - support for a Federal solution in Spain has plummeted.
    And yet no western democracy - Spain, Canada, the UK - has actually seen a secession. .
    Yes it has, The Irish Free State in 1922.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

surbiton said:

There is Israel.
    It is still officially, the Jewish State. hat was the question posed by Sunil.

Also, the only "democracy" that occupies an entire nation for 48 years !
  • Options
    Where does one even get a dead pig? Must have known a friendly butcher.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

PMQs will be great.

Someone needs to get their hands on that photo of Dave sticking his penis into a dead pig. That is seriously disgusting and would surely destroy his career.
    All the better if the photo doesn't show the perpetrator's head. It'll be the Duchess of Argyll all over again ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Campbell,_Duchess_of_Argyll#Divorce_from_the_Duke_of_Argyll
  • Options
    surbiton said:
    How many people will get down as far as the bits like this:

The book offers a deeply moving account of the PM’s love for his disabled son, and how caring for Ivan (pictured) turned him into a compassionate politician

Heartwarming stuff, I'm sure that will be remembered.
  • Options
    dodrade said:

SeanT said:

Dair said:

You can't buck history.

Unfortunately for Labour, it is probably too late for them, they are dead in the water, sliding down below 20%. And the neutral view, likely to be closely tied to the Federalist/Devo-Max view which was once the most popular choice, is waning in popularity.

Before the First Referendum campaign, the middle ground was heavily favoured and while we don't yet have polling of the three way question we can see from such polling in Catalonia that the main casualty of denying an Independence movement is always the middle ground - support for a Federal solution in Spain has plummeted.
    And yet no western democracy - Spain, Canada, the UK - has actually seen a secession. .
    Norway.
  • Options

Depends if fresh or not I suppose - I walked past a butchers a few months ago, and in chalk outside it was offering a whole pig, frozen, for £180.

Good deal, anyone know?
  • Options

Midlands powerhouse
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/20/new-birmingham-new-street-amazing-just-first-impressions
    I'm not sure there is a great deal to renationalise.

I bet the platform area is still a dark, dank and narrow hell-hole.

They've fixed the wrong bit ...
    Yup they are complaining about it on uk.railway, they did up the upper levels and left the platforms etc more or less unchanged
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    surbiton said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3242494/Revenge-PM-s-snub-billionaire-funded-Tories-years-sparked-explosive-political-book-decade.html

Revenge !

But, I thought, all Hurrah Henry types were at it ! Is this a revelation ? I don't think it will harm him politically at all.

Putting your private parts into a dead pig is OK. But talking to the IRA before the entire political establishment did so is wrong !

• Options
    kle4 said:

surbiton said:

The book offers a deeply moving account of the PM’s love for his disabled son, and how caring for Ivan (pictured) turned him into a compassionate politician

Yes, thank goodness it's finally been revealed after Cameron himself remaining silent on the topic for so many years.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    surbiton said:
    If the DM article is right then Ashcroft is a twat and Dave goes up in my estimation. Government posts should not be doled out to people like him.

When you go out for revenge, first dig two graves.
  • Options
    The Sunday Sport must be really annoyed when other papers have this sort of story. Totally undercuts their brand.
  • Options
    Charlie Brooker knew.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Depends if fresh or not I suppose - I walked past a butchers a few months ago, and in chalk outside it was offering a whole pig, frozen, for £180.

Good deal, anyone know?
    You'd need to defrost it well first to avoid serious injury.
  • Options

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

Yes, thank goodness it's finally been revealed after Cameron himself remaining silent on the topic for so many years.
    Yes yes, I know, but it doesn't say it reveals it, just that if offers a deeply moving account of it. I just enjoy that they bothered to put in a bit about the book containing positive parts, when it might as well be titled 'The pig shagging chronicles' for how it will be remembered.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    surbiton said:

surbiton said:

There is Israel.

Which "entire nation" is that?
  • Options
    So who did the monks of Mount Athos (the one district coded "other") vote for?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    surbiton said:

surbiton said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3242494/Revenge-PM-s-snub-billionaire-funded-Tories-years-sparked-explosive-political-book-decade.html

Revenge !

But, I thought, all Hurrah Henry types were at it ! Is this a revelation ? I don't think it will harm him politically at all.

Putting your private parts into a dead pig is OK. But talking to the IRA before the entire political establishment did so is wrong !

Technically, that would still be the case if both were indeed true. Personal perversions are not necessarily dangerous to the nation, whereas a sympathizer of the IRA (not just someone who is willing to talk to any people to seek peace) as he has been characterized, would be. However, It would be hard to imagine someone asking for votes though if such perversions were proven, even if they were simply brilliant in all other respects.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

surbiton said:

There is Israel.

Which nation would that be? 48 years ago they occupied parts of Jordan and Egypt, I wasn't aware they occupied all of them?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,435
    edited September 2015
    So I have to write a thread on that?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

Yes yes, I know, but it doesn't say it reveals it, just that if offers a deeply moving account of it. I just enjoy that they bothered to put in a bit about the book containing positive parts, when it might as well be titled 'The pig shagging chronicles' for how it will be remembered.
    He may count himself lucky - the story of this one incident as it has emerged, albeit quite gross, has a sort of 'American Pie' 'banter' feel to it. The reality may be that this was an organised initiation into an occult group.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967

Either that, or AV. The ball is in your court.
  • Options
    Is there an unwritten rule among top politicians not to talk about allegations like these when the media floats them (involving personal, not policy issues and allegations that is), even obliquely? I'm just wondering if we'll get a chorus line of MPs from all over very happy to say publicly and loudly how they do not believe and think it disgraceful that anyone would suggest Mr Cameron would have performed a sex act on a pig, and in so doing repeat the allegation, or if they naturally will keep pretty quiet and let the media, pundits and amateur support have the fun.
  • Options

I just want to know which '80s tunes you think you can subtly work into the thread!
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    kle4 said:

The Sunday Sport must be really annoyed when other papers have this sort of story. Totally undercuts their brand.

How does Derek Draper feel?

[scene: Red Rag editorial meeting]

"How about we say Cameron porked a dead pig's head?"

"It needs to be plausibele..."
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    A quick read of the DM story seems to have a lot of "I was told by someone who was there that Dave did xxxxxx " so not exactly first-hand accounts.

Ashcroft needs the witnesses to come forward and if the photo exists then why iis it not in the book?

This is all very strange, but a change from Corbyn. It should be an interesting week

• Options
    edited September 2015

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

He may count himself lucky - the story of this one incident as it has emerged, albeit quite gross, has a sort of 'American Pie' 'banter' feel to it. The reality may be that this was an organised initiation into an occult group.
    Yes, from that moment on he was a PB Tory.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

I just want to know which '80s tunes you think you can subtly work into the thread!
    It's a sin
  • Options

dodrade said:

SeanT said:

Dair said:

You can't buck history.

Norway.
    Norway from Sweden in 1905, though technically it was a Union of Crowns, like England and Scotland 1603-1707.
  • Options

Maybe its time to bring back Nighthawks Cafe?
  • Options

Please use "Pork and Ride" :lol:
  • Options
    kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Technically, that would still be the case if both were indeed true. Personal perversions are not necessarily dangerous to the nation, whereas a sympathizer of the IRA (not just someone who is willing to talk to any people to seek peace) as he has been characterized, would be. However, It would be hard to imagine someone asking for votes though if such perversions were proven, even if they were simply brilliant in all other respects.
    Actually, they are dangerous to the nation, because perversions are kept secret, and secrets are blackmail material. This means the powerful can bend politicians to their will, rather than the national interest. We know for a fact that this has gone on for decades.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

The book is to be trailed across multiple issues no doubt - this could be just the beginning, maybe these pranksters start you out on a dead one and work up.
    Very true. At this stage though he's still got a long way to go to catch up with some of the stuff I did years ago. No Facebook then and no cameras on phones, thank G-d.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Hooray Henry, actually!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Lord Ashcroft has to be trolling with this tweet:

https://twitter.com/LordAshcroft/status/645661126185848832
  • Options
    As a former public schoolboy I have to say stories like these don't help our reputation.

That said one person's debauched behaviour is another person's typical night out in Manchester.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Lord Ashcroft has to be trolling with this tweet:

https://twitter.com/LordAshcroft/status/645661126185848832

What a most noble and cheeky bugger!
  • Options

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Actually, they are dangerous to the nation, because perversions are kept secret, and secrets are blackmail material. This means the powerful can bend politicians to their will, rather than the national interest. We know for a fact that this has gone on for decades.
    That's why i said not 'necessarily' dangerous - they can be, as blackmail material, but there is the possibility such things will not rise to that and become actually dangerous. IRA sympathizing would be automatically dangerous. One has potentiality, the other actuality.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,772

Is the Cameron story for real? No news outlet seems to be running with it

How in the name of all that's holy do you run with it? "This is the News at Ten. The Prime Minister once knowingly stuck his dick in a dead pig. And now Jayne with the weather"

"Mock the Week" this week is going to be hysterical...
  • Options

As a former public schoolboy I have to say stories like these don't help our reputation.

That said one person's debauched behaviour is another person's typical night out in Manchester.

As a grammar school boy, I fear I must defer to your superior knowledge of this matter :lol:
  • Options
    The good lord safe in Belize?
  • Options

Maybe its time to bring back Nighthawks Cafe?
    NightPorks Cafe?

(sorry!)
  • Options

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Cameron's pigfucking bestiality necrophilia is now no longer a secret. Putin must be wetting himself "Bacon sandwich, Prime Minister..."
  • Options

...obviously not a Mason either then!
  • Options

Look, the lower orders need to have some fodder for mocking our social superiors somehow, it helps us get through life.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

maybe in your part of town ...... ;)
  • Options
    viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Cameron's pigfucking bestiality necrophilia is now no longer a secret. Putin must be wetting himself "Bacon sandwich, Prime Minister..."
    Oh gods, I hope that is usually on the menu for the PM's breakfast, and if the staff dare prepare it tomorrow - better hope they stay up late on news websites, or get the early papers.
  • Options

dodrade said:

SeanT said:

Dair said:

You can't buck history.

Norway.
    Algeria
  • Options
    Cameron. Dead pig. Dick. Mouth. Ew.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

dodrade said:

SeanT said:

Dair said:

You can't buck history.

Norway.
    Algeria
    Was Sean talking about unilateral secession?
  • Options
    viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

At least he can eat it ;)
  • Options
    My prediction is Lord Ashcroft will be a Kipper by Saturday 26th September.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Wouldn't it be great if Corbyn went with this at PMQs? Fuck all that new politics shit

"Jasper from Stoke Newington asks:

'Does the prime minister think it acceptable to put ones private parts into farmyard animals?' "

'At least when I shagged a pig I DIDNT PROMOTE IT TO THE SHADOW CABINET AFTERWARDS!'
  • Options

...The reality may be that this was an organised initiation into an occult group.

And that makes it better?

• Options
    MP_SE said:

My prediction is Lord Ashcroft will be a Kipper by Saturday 26th September.

smoked? not sure if the drones have range to reach Belize ;)
  • Options
    This story is going to be best among the 'serious' news outlets - there are few things better than seeing some editor struggling to fit an inherently lurid tale into the moderate newsspeak of a 'serious' paper or tv station.

"It is alleged that in a state of insobriety while a student at Oxford that Mr Cameron, 49, engaged in prurient acts as part of initiation rites of a social club, including disturbing details of deceased porcine involvement. Mr Cameron has been unavailable for comment, while Mr Corbyn's spokesman had a fit of hysteria and was unable to respond".
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Oh gods, I hope that is usually on the menu for the PM's breakfast, and if the staff dare prepare it tomorrow - better hope they stay up late on news websites, or get the early papers.
    It's one of those things that just kills conversation, isn't it. Cameron Pigfucker. What do you do with something like that?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

A quick read of the DM story seems to have a lot of "I was told by someone who was there that Dave did xxxxxx " so not exactly first-hand accounts.

Ashcroft needs the witnesses to come forward and if the photo exists then why iis it not in the book?

This is all very strange, but a change from Corbyn. It should be an interesting week

Do you think the Daily Mail's lawyers would have allowed this if they were not certain of the facts ? Or, for that matter, is Downing Street denying "Poking a Pork" ?