Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Greek election result: Tspiras set to return as PM

Comments

• viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,233
    viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3242494/Revenge-PM-s-snub-billionaire-funded-Tories-years-sparked-explosive-political-book-decade.html

Revenge !

But, I thought, all Hurrah Henry types were at it ! Is this a revelation ? I don't think it will harm him politically at all.

Putting your private parts into a dead pig is OK. But talking to the IRA before the entire political establishment did so is wrong !

Technically, that would still be the case if both were indeed true. Personal perversions are not necessarily dangerous to the nation, whereas a sympathizer of the IRA (not just someone who is willing to talk to any people to seek peace) as he has been characterized, would be. However, It would be hard to imagine someone asking for votes though if such perversions were proven, even if they were simply brilliant in all other respects.
    Actually, they are dangerous to the nation, because perversions are kept secret, and secrets are blackmail material. This means the powerful can bend politicians to their will, rather than the national interest. We know for a fact that this has gone on for decades.
    Cameron's pigfucking bestiality necrophilia is now no longer a secret. Putin must be wetting himself "Bacon sandwich, Prime Minister..."
    Oh gods, I hope that is usually on the menu for the PM's breakfast, and if the staff dare prepare it tomorrow - better hope they stay up late on news websites, or get the early papers.
    It's one of those things that just kills conversation, isn't it. Cameron Pigfucker. What do you do with something like that?
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,408
    edited September 2015
    I've been really exhausted all day, and ready to drop into a contented sleep - now I find myself full of energy. Thanks a lot Daily Mail (I'm still not buying you).

Oh man, will Bercow have this in reserve now? Say someone suggests Cameron is fibbing and he goes - 'I remind the honourable member it is not appropriate to thrust a right honourable[indicates PM] member into a porkie by suggesting they told an untruth. Will the member withdraw?'
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    surbiton said:

A quick read of the DM story seems to have a lot of "I was told by someone who was there that Dave did xxxxxx " so not exactly first-hand accounts.

Ashcroft needs the witnesses to come forward and if the photo exists then why iis it not in the book?

This is all very strange, but a change from Corbyn. It should be an interesting week

Do you think the Daily Mail's lawyers would have allowed this if they were not certain of the facts ? Or, for that matter, is Downing Street denying "Poking a Pork" ?
    LOL. It's in the Mail. Must be true.
    edited September 2015
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3242494/Revenge-PM-s-snub-billionaire-funded-Tories-years-sparked-explosive-political-book-decade.html

Revenge !

But, I thought, all Hurrah Henry types were at it ! Is this a revelation ? I don't think it will harm him politically at all.

Putting your private parts into a dead pig is OK. But talking to the IRA before the entire political establishment did so is wrong !

Technically, that would still be the case if both were indeed true. Personal perversions are not necessarily dangerous to the nation, whereas a sympathizer of the IRA (not just someone who is willing to talk to any people to seek peace) as he has been characterized, would be. However, It would be hard to imagine someone asking for votes though if such perversions were proven, even if they were simply brilliant in all other respects.
    Actually, they are dangerous to the nation, because perversions are kept secret, and secrets are blackmail material. This means the powerful can bend politicians to their will, rather than the national interest. We know for a fact that this has gone on for decades.
    Cameron's pigfucking bestiality necrophilia is now no longer a secret. Putin must be wetting himself "Bacon sandwich, Prime Minister..."
    Oh gods, I hope that is usually on the menu for the PM's breakfast, and if the staff dare prepare it tomorrow - better hope they stay up late on news websites, or get the early papers.
    It's one of those things that just kills conversation, isn't it. Cameron Pigfucker. What do you do with something like that?
    Isn't the point of initiation ceremonies, is that they usually involve something that you don't want to do?
  • DairDair Posts: 6,108
    SeanT said:

Um. I think we need to talk about THIS.

https://twitter.com/BestoftheMail/status/645713453441662977

Click thru for the full on WHOAH.

This could be Difficult for Dave.

Perhaps Charlie Brooker knew something we didn't.
  • RobD said:

MP_SE said:

My prediction is Lord Ashcroft will be a Kipper by Saturday 26th September.

smoked? not sure if the drones have range to reach Belize ;)
    "He will make an excellent drone!" - Lt. Commander viewcode
  • GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    edited September 2015
    viewcode said:

...The reality may be that this was an organised initiation into an occult group.

And that makes it better?

Depends on your point of view.

As this would have broken the laws of Kashrut*, at least we know it isn't a Jewish occult group.

* okay, technically not but you get the point
  • GeoffM said:

So I have to write a thread on that?

I just want to know which '80s tunes you think you can subtly work into the thread!
    It's a sin
    Je ne sais pas porquoi.
  • Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    surbiton said:

A quick read of the DM story seems to have a lot of "I was told by someone who was there that Dave did xxxxxx " so not exactly first-hand accounts.

Ashcroft needs the witnesses to come forward and if the photo exists then why iis it not in the book?

This is all very strange, but a change from Corbyn. It should be an interesting week

Do you think the Daily Mail's lawyers would have allowed this if they were not certain of the facts ? Or, for that matter, is Downing Street denying "Poking a Pork" ?
    Are you telling me that, all of a sudden, stories in the DM are reliably sourced? What about all thosr posts over the years of "FFS - it's in the Daily Mail"

R4 midnight news has no mention.
    surbiton said:

Do you think the Daily Mail's lawyers would have allowed this if they were not certain of the facts ?
    Oh, I think they could have - would a PM drag the story out by pursuing them through the courts with this stuff?

But I am concerned that amidst all the hilarity there are points about how it would not be a big deal really, and not really any outright shock that it might be true.
  • antifrank said:

GeoffM said:

I just want to know which '80s tunes you think you can subtly work into the thread!
    It's a sin
    Je ne sais pas porquoi.
    Strange-love
    RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Isn't the point of initiation ceremonies, is that they usually involve something that you don't want to do?
    Isn't the point of initiation ceremonies that they are done by dumbfuck Americans to get into frat houses in 1980's comedies? Not by The Right Honourable David Cameron, Prime Minister, PC, MP, Pigfucker?

So the Prime Minister is Cameron Pigfucker, the Shadow Health Secretary is Reek, and the LOTO is Gandalf. Who is writing this script?
    I'll bet Berlusconi's done worse than this.
    viewcode said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Isn't the point of initiation ceremonies that they are done by dumbfuck Americans to get into frat houses in 1980's comedies? Not by The Right Honourable David Cameron, Prime Minister, PC, MP, Pigfucker?

So the Prime Minister is Cameron Pigfucker, the Shadow Health Secretary is Reek, and the LOTO is Gandalf. Who is writing this script?
    Didn't realise he was PM at the time.

And do stop trying to make "pigfucker" stick. Sunil was right about the 'drone' part!

RobD said:

MP_SE said:

Thank you for the hat-tip
  • Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    All very odd. We will see what the morning brings.
    edited September 2015
    viewcode said:

RobD said:
    Isn't the point of initiation ceremonies that they are done by dumbfuck Americans to get into frat houses in 1980's comedies?
    Seriously, I understand peer pressure, and intoxication, but why would anyone ever do something like this? Why would even an alcohol or coke fuelled mind make you think doing it was better than telling everyone to just f--- off?
    RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Exactly. I've joined a few things in my time and did some strange stuff in the process.
    If this was an initiation thing then it was very tame compared.
  • surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

surbiton said:

Are you telling me that, all of a sudden, stories in the DM are reliably sourced? What about all thosr posts over the years of "FFS - it's in the Daily Mail"

This is by a Tory newspaper writing about the alleged peccadillos of a Tory Prime Minister !
    Cameron. Cameron. Pigfucker. Cameron. Mouth. Dead Pig. Dick. DEAD PIG. DEAD PIG. DEAD. PIG.
  • See? We veggies aren't all bad :lol:
    surbiton said:

surbiton said:

This is by a Tory newspaper writing about the alleged peccadillos of a Tory Prime Minister !
    Yes, so much for the additional respect he's seemingly gained from his own quarter since the GE!

Good night all - it will be fun to see how the politicians and commentariat have as much fun at this story as they can without seeming to overdo it.
  • viewcode said:

RobD said:

MP_SE said:

Thank you for the hat-tip
    Ooops - Freudian slip :)
    Well that's one to get people to notice your party again.
    edited September 2015
    Dair said:

SeanT said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=nCvbFRoDBCg
    kle4 said:

viewcode said:

RobD said:
    Isn't the point of initiation ceremonies that they are done by dumbfuck Americans to get into frat houses in 1980's comedies?
    Seriously, I understand peer pressure, and intoxication, but why would anyone ever do something like this? Why would even an alcohol or coke fuelled mind make you think doing it was better than telling everyone to just f--- off?
    The man with his finger on the nuclear button is a man who was once so coked off his tits he fucked a dead pig in the mouth.

Floor. Jaw.
    Dair said:

Dair said:

SeanT said:

Well he is right about everything

www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=nCvbFRoDBCg
    Psst.. you seem to be talking to yourself!

Lib Dem in sense-of-humour shock:
    twitter.com/timfarron/status/645734582810189824

Not sure what you mean? No evidence of any humour on display there.
    RobD said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

SeanT said:

I was too late to edit, it does come across like that, I agree.
    Dair said:

RobD said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

SeanT said:

I was too late to edit, it does come across like that, I agree.
    Fair enough. It is late, after all!
    GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Exactly. I've joined a few things in my time and did some strange stuff in the process.
    OK, I give up. What legal things are worse than fucking a dead pig in the mouth?
  • MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

OK, I give up. What legal things are worse than fucking a dead pig in the mouth?
    Can anyone confirm that what he did to the pig was legal?
    MP_SE said:

viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Shall we ask another question:
    Can anyone confirm what he did?
  • viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Shitting on a rent boy
  • viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

I may be over-interpreting, but I see no suggestion of tumescence, still less of intercourse.

But you are right, necrophiliac bestiality is legal.
    RobD said:

MP_SE said:

viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

We are well passed that. Now we are talking about inches !!!!

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    There's still another four days of headlines to come.

Give it time.
    viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Using "worse than" is such a subjective measure.
    Plenty of things are stranger, you innocent sheltered child.
    surbiton said:

RobD said:

MP_SE said:

viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

We are well passed that. Now we are talking about inches !!!!
    Column, one assumes.

Titter :D
    RobD said:

And do stop trying to make "pigfucker" stick.

Why? It's the shortest possible way of describing him. Admittedly calling him "Pigfucker" omits the fact that the pig was dead, but "Deadpigfucker" doesn't trip off the tongue. Would you prefer "piggyfiddler"? "Friend of Porky"? "Porkburgler"? How does one handle things like this?
    GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

True. It was a dead pig after all.
    Twitter is quite entertaining right now

https://twitter.com/zer0deConduit/status/645725541308465152
    antifrank said:

viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Technically, that would still be theif such perversions were .
    I may be over-interpreting, but I see no suggestion of tumescence, still less of intercourse.

In the state one would have to be in to consider such an act, I'd hope tumescence was not possible.

And it's right he may not have done it. But it's not like he can address it to deny it, and the suggestion of some that they sorts of things would not be totally impossible for such groups and so, since it was pre political life days, would it matter, is disturbing enough that some even think it possible.
  • isamisam Posts: 40,731
    antifrank said:

viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

Somehow you just know Cameron will style this out... If it were Miliband or Corbyn it would be all over for them.
  • kle4 said:

surbiton said:

Do you think the Daily Mail's lawyers would have allowed this if they were not certain of the facts ?
    Oh, I think they could have - would a PM drag the story out by pursuing them through the courts with this stuff?

But I am concerned that amidst all the hilarity there are points about how it would not be a big deal really, and not really any outright shock that it might be true.
    I think a lot of people have done stuff they are embarrassed about in hindsight when at uni - and are perhaps greatful they didn't grow up in an age of smartphones and instant communication.

Maybe not to the same scale but how much of us would want to express outright shock without thinking about our innermost secrets?
    kle4 said:

antifrank said:

In the state one would have to be in to consider such an act, I'd hope tumescence was not possible.

And it's right he may not have done it. But it's not like he can address it to deny it, and the suggestion of some that they sorts of things would not be totally impossible for such groups and so, since it was pre political life days, would it matter, is disturbing enough that some even think it possible.
    The impression clubs like the Bullingdon give is that are like university rugby clubs without the bothersome need to play a sport.

I know nothing else about them but I know enough rugby club types to find the story entirely plausible.
    antifrank said:

viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

Revenge !

I can almost see a Downing Street press statement. The Prime Minister says, "It is all a poke in a pig". Our lawyer confirms that necrophiliac bestiality is legal.
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,094
    edited September 2015
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

fpt for David Herdson

OK I'll give you the S K Tremayne Are You A Cretin question.

I argued here at the time of Charlie Hebdo that it wasn't necessarily the religion of Islam that was the problem, butm countries (since the enlightenment).. once it hits 4-10% you start to see terrorism
    ·

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Europe
    Entirely agree. .
    The correlation between numbers and violence is the whole reason why I personally am so anti ahore or a communist in China
    Even with such a lucid explanation lefties will still label you racist, with a full on sneer.
    If they could point to a country that has had a huge increase in numbers of any religion (from 0-1% to 5-6% of population in 30-40 years) and not suffered immense civil strife then they may be in a position to argue

Even Mormons in 19th Century America caused a lot of trouble until they were given a piece of land to call their own.

The prickly arrogance of Islam, which proclaims its superiority while manifestly being at the root of economic political and social fure, generates a uniquely toxic cognitive dissonance.
    Where do those religions exceed 4-10%?

And why are so many Muslims, the massive, landslide, majority, not violent extremists? The problem is there are so many Muslims that there must be a enough extremists to be significant.
    Is there an armed group calling themselves "Christian State"? "Hindu State"? "Buddhist State"? "Jehovah's Witnesses State"?
    No because there are no places where those religions have gone from being 0% to 5-10% of a population in a generation. I contend if there were, there would be
    There are plenty such. I know Christian numbers. In some of these there has been conflict of at least tension.

South Korea 2% - 25% 1945-1992. Now 30%.
    Brazil - Protestants 5% to 25% 1960-2010. Slightly different than example.
    A couple of Indan states eg Nagaland Mizoram have gone from 0 to virtually 100% Christian in a century.
    Singapore and other Asian countries.
    China may be heading that way.
    Various other in Africa / Latin America.

Some of these are complicated by Protestant - Catholic and imperial effects, but they are there.

The Islam issue is partly that Trad Islamic Theology includes the state within the religion so when a critical mass appears domination of the state is expected. Particular current issues in eg Indonesia where it is illegal for non Muslims to refer to God as Allah.
    antifrank said:

I may be over-interpreting, but I see no suggestion of tumescence, still less of intercourse. But you are right, necrophiliac bestiality is legal.

Instead of debating whether Cameron [redacted] had a stiffy when he found a dead pig and decided to drop his kecks and stick his dick in its mouth, and in an attempt to skew this increasingly bizarre conversation back onto grounds I can sensibly handle, wasn't necrophiliac bestiality recently (last 25 years) criminalised?
    isam said:

antifrank said:

viewcode said:

GeoffM said:

RobD said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

Somehow you just know Cameron will style this out... If it were Miliband or Corbyn it would be all over for them.
    It will not damage him one iota. These rich, public school types are expected to do things like this.
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    edited September 2015
    viewcode said:

antifrank said:

I may be over-interpreting, but I see no suggestion of tumescence, still less of intercourse. But you are right, necrophiliac bestiality is legal.

Instead of debating whether Cameron [redacted] had a stiffy when he found a dead pig and decided to drop his kecks and stick his dick in its mouth, and in an attempt to skew this increasingly bizarre conversation back onto grounds I can sensibly handle, wasn't necrophiliac bestiality recently (last 25 years) criminalised?
    I don't think so. And since this presumably took place more than 25 years ago, the point is moot.

EDIT I'd check the Sexual Offences Act 2003 but I'm in Nashville right now and about to go out for dinner.

Probably not pork though.

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

I think a lot of people have done stuff they are embarrassed about in hindsight when at uni - and are perhaps greatful they didn't grow up in an age of smartphones and instant communication.
    Words to consider indeed. This story is probably a nonsense or at least unprovable (supposed photo proof being pointless unless it emerges, and gods I don't want to see that, not least because I like Cameron), but this the Information Age. A future pm exists right now who has done something almost as stupid ad this, or worse even, and there will be proof. We may need to temper our expectations of politicians youthful indiscretions in future.

And this time good night for real.
  • MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Someone needs to crowdfund the procurement of the photos with say a £1 million target. Cameron's career would be over.

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    That's legal?

• isam said:

Cameron like Blair (and to a different degree Boris) has the human touch to be able to just laugh/ignore/play a straight bat as appropriate to things that would destroy other politicians.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,972
    edited September 2015
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    That's legal?

Just ask Mark Oaten
  • surbiton said:

I can almost see a Downing Street press statement. The Prime Minister says, "It is all a poke in a pig". Our lawyer confirms that necrophiliac bestiality is legal.

IIRC technically even human bestiality was only criminalised under Blair and was technically legal before then.
  • viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    That's legal?

You haven't lived, have you?
  • viewcode said:

...The reality may be that this was an organised initiation into an occult group.

And that makes it better?

Not at all.

Maybe not to the same scale but how much of us would want to express outright shock without thinking about our innermost secrets?

Valid point

• PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Blimey, I take a couple of hours to watch the James Randi Storyville program and all hell has broken lose on Twitter.

Is the story true or just Lord Ashcroft rustling up some porkies though ?
    antifrank said:

viewcode said:

antifrank said:

I don't think so. And since this presumably took place more than 25 years ago, the point is moot.

EDIT I'd check the Sexual Offences Act 2003 but I'm in Nashville right now and about to go out for dinner.

Probably not pork though.
    Given the demented nature of our sex offences law, the act may be legal but a photo of the act on your PC may get you on the Sex Offenders Register.
    edited September 2015

surbiton said:

IIRC technically even human bestiality was only criminalised under Blair and was technically legal before then.
    Sexual Offences Act 2003

Ownership and distribution of pictures knocked on the head (so to speak) by the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008
    Cameron seems to have done quite a few photo ops with pigs. He should have thought those through a bit more

https://twitter.com/BarackObadyin/status/645727941838663680

In that more saner spirit, I need to go to bed. Apologies to anybody I offended with the posts below: in mitigation, I offer the fact that these revelations are somewhat difficult to handle. Does anybody know if posts can be deleted?

Dair said:

Cameron seems to have done quite a few photo ops with pigs. He should have thought those through a bit more

twitter.com/BarackObadyin/status/645727941838663680

Perhaps, just perhaps, he had no reason to think through them more.
  • SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    The youth will absolutely love this story.

#CoolestPMever
    viewcode said:

In that more saner spirit, I need to go to bed. Apologies to anybody I offended with the posts below: in mitigation, I offer the fact that these revelations are somewhat difficult to handle. Does anybody know if posts can be deleted?

Only within the 6 mins editing time.
    But neither you or anyone else has said anything offensive below.
    I can't pick out a single post of yours that you'd think needed deleting.
  • MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited September 2015

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    That's legal?

Just ask ...
    Since the newspapers described that only as "an act too disgusting to describe" or somesuch (despite somehow everyone "knowing" what it was) I wonder whether you ought to name the poor chap, TSE. I'm not sure he's admitted the full thing? (Or has he? I understand his autobiography was quite candid, though I haven't read it, but I wouldn't expect it to be that graphic...)
    edited September 2015

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    That's legal?

Just ask ...
    Since the newspapers described that only as "an act too disgusting to describe" or somesuch (despite somehow everyone "knowing" what it was) I wonder whether you ought to name the poor chap, TSE. I'm not sure he's admitted the full thing? (Or has he? I understand his autobiography was quite candid, though I haven't read it, but I wouldn't expect it to be that graphic...)
    The telegraph said it a few months after.

I am having difficulty getting my head around the explanation given by Mark Oaten MP for why, after many years of apparently happy marriage, he suddenly decided to try out acts of coprophilia with a couple of rent boys. This father of two said a few days ago that it was because he was going bald. He also said he was sorry, so that's OK.

http://bit.ly/1Kp5LOA
    RobD said:

Dair said:

Or perhaps not.

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/645720148226232321
    edited September 2015
    Dair said:

RobD said:

Dair said:

Or perhaps not.

twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/645720148226232321
    A poor quality scan of a page of a newspaper which says "the source claims to have seen photographic evidence". I'm convinced!
  • viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    That's legal?

Just ask ...

I am having difficulty getting my head around the explanation given by Mark Oaten MP for why, after many years of apparently happy marriage, he suddenly decided to try out acts of coprophilia with a couple of rent boys. This father of two said a few days ago that it was because he was going bald. He also said he was sorry, so that's OK.

My understanding from summaries of his autobiography, which I haven't read, is that he stuck to the midlife crisis line, with a particular emphasis on the follicular aspect.

It's an interesting path from Lib Dem leadership hopeful to executive of the International Fur Trade Federation isn't it? Via some curious waypoints.
  • RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    PASOK seat coming into play v. Golden Dawn

93% counted...
  • viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    That's legal?

Just ask ...

I am having difficult getting my head around the idea that coprophilia is enough of a thing to have a name.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    kle4 said:

Where does one even get a dead pig? Must have known a friendly butcher.

Depends if fresh or not I suppose - I walked past a butchers a few months ago, and in chalk outside it was offering a whole pig, frozen, for £180.

Good deal, anyone know?
    Seems expensive for a blow job :-0

Maybe its time to bring back Nighthawks Cafe?
    NightPorks Cafe?

(sorry!)
    Brings a whole new meaning to "pull a pig night" * innocent face*

As a former public schoolboy I have to say stories like these don't help our reputation.

That said one person's debauched behaviour is another person's typical night out in Manchester.

As a grammar school boy, I fear I must defer to your superior knowledge of this matter :lol:
    I used to think we did some weird s**t at my Grammar school - but Dave....................

loooool
  • MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited September 2015

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    That's legal?

Just ask ...

I am having difficult getting my head around the idea that coprophilia is enough of a thing to have a name.
    I am informed (though on such issues, goodness knows how reliably!) that there's enough of a "scene" in Berlin, that there is a gay fetish nightclub devoted to toilet play, complete with requisite "equipment". Goodness knows how that would pass health and safety regulations. Or where the straight people go for their equivalent kicks.

I've seen Rod and Dair on here discussing aspects of the fetish lifestyle, perhaps one of you gentlemen could confirm or dispel the above rumour I heard. Though I probably shan't be clicking on any "link as proof".
    edited September 2015

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Shitting on a rent boy
    That's legal?

Just ask ...

One of my friend's worked for a firm that specialises in libel she told me about the about people's preferences/fetishes that she had to deal with in the course of her job.

Even I was shocked by what I heard.

As you may have guessed, I'm not one to be easily shocked.
    isam said:

Wouldn't it be great if Corbyn went with this at PMQs? Fuck all that new politics shit

"Jasper from Stoke Newington asks:

'Does the prime minister think it acceptable to put ones private parts into farmyard animals?' "

'At least when I shagged a pig I DIDNT PROMOTE IT TO THE SHADOW CABINET AFTERWARDS!'

Now, that really did make me LOL
  • RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Looks to me if Popular Unity's votes had been added to Syriza's they would have won 149 seats, exactly the same as last time...
  • MattW said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

fpt for David Herdson

I argued here at the time of Charlie Hebdo that it wasn't necessarily the religion of Islam that was the problem, butm countries (since the enlightenment).. once it hits 4-10% you start to see terrorism
    ·

Entirely agree. .
    The correlation between numbers and violence is the whole reason why I personally am so anti ahore or a communist in China
    Even with such a lucid explanation lefties will still label you racist, with a full on sneer.
    If they could point to a country that has had a huge increase in numbers of any religion (from 0-1% to 5-6% of population in 30-40 years) and not suffered immense civil strife then they may be in a position to argue

Even Mormons in 19th Century America caused a lot of trouble until they were given a piece of land to call their own.

The prickly arrogance of Islam, which proclaims its superiority while manifestly being at the root of economic political and social fure, generates a uniquely toxic cognitive dissonance.

And why are so many Muslims, the massive, landslide, majority, not violent extremists? The problem is there are so many Muslims that there must be a enough extremists to be significant.
    Is there an armed group calling themselves "Christian State"? "Hindu State"? "Buddhist State"? "Jehovah's Witnesses State"?
    No because there are no places where those religions have gone from being 0% to 5-10% of a population in a generation. I contend if there were, there would be
    Particular current issues in eg Indonesia where it is illegal for non Muslims to refer to God as Allah.
    Malaysia - NOT Indonesia.

Indonesia's founding fathers were very specific on the matter - belief in god - which one, or tradition deliberately unspecified.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11878948/Lord-Ashcroft-reignites-bitter-feud-with-David-Cameron.html

No mention of a certain scurrilous rumour. Deep in talks with lawyers, one would imagine!
  • Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    edited September 2015
    I don't have a pig in this fight to be honest but a rather strange phenomena has overcome the lefties on here overnight and in particular one of two of the more vocal regulars.

The Daily, Heil, daily Hate whatever way they normally to refer to this paper when hundreds of stories are written about Labour and the left in general is suddenly, absolutely and entirely inexplicably becomes the height of probity and accurate precise reporting with an article that cannot be questioned.

Gosh I wonder why that is?

So Two top men have a bitch fight and "scratchling" each other's eyes out while one claims the other had a unusual relationship is one thing but the Damascus like conversion of the non believers in a few hours to the Daily Mail is truly a sight to behold. Problem is amongst many others is this should be kept in mind when another lurid story about Corby appears. The paper can no longer be called out as a right wing conspiracy, smearing Tory rag.

That fox has been shot..... Or should that be 'that pig' has been shot or something.

Oink!
  • RobD said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11878948/Lord-Ashcroft-reignites-bitter-feud-with-David-Cameron.html

No mention of a certain scurrilous rumour. Deep in talks with lawyers, one would imagine!

The Gaveston story doesn't ring true - it was notoriously for chaps who played for the home team (bit of a clue in the name)......and what ever other indiscretions Cameron may have committed, that has never appeared among them.......

But Moses is right, the overnight transformation of the Daily Heil into a font of wisdom and truth is hilarious.....
  • JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    (OT) What is the song being sung in the Corbyn Panorama episode (from 27:11 onwards, just before "Bandiera Rossa")? It sound familiar but I can't quite place it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06bg6ty/panorama-jeremy-corbyn-labours-earthquake

MattW said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

isam said:

SeanT said:

fpt for David Herdson

·

Entirely agree. .

Particular current issues in eg Indonesia where it is illegal for non Muslims to refer to God as Allah.
    Malaysia - NOT Indonesia.

Indonesia's founding fathers were very specific on the matter - belief in god - which one, or tradition deliberately unspecified.
    Thanks for the correction - that will teach me not to digress late at night.
  • Floater said:

kle4 said:

Where does one even get a dead pig? Must have known a friendly butcher.

Depends if fresh or not I suppose - I walked past a butchers a few months ago, and in chalk outside it was offering a whole pig, frozen, for £180.

Good deal, anyone know?
    Seems expensive for a blow job :-0

But not for a spit roast!
  • All young people do and say very stupid things. Rich young people have more opportunities to do it spectacularly.

Then we all grow up.

Maybe Ed had just found out when he ate that bacon sandwich :-D
  • The good news for Dave is that the pig can't sell its story.
    Moses_ said:

I don't have a pig in this fight to be honest but a rather strange phenomena has overcome the lefties on here overnight and in particular one of two of the more vocal regulars.

The Daily, Heil, daily Hate whatever way they normally to refer to this paper when hundreds of stories are written about Labour and the left in general is suddenly, absolutely and entirely inexplicably becomes the height of probity and accurate precise reporting with an article that cannot be questioned.

So Two top men have a bitch fight and "scratchling" each other's eyes out while one claims the other had a unusual relationship is one thing but the Damascus like conversion of the non believers in a few hours to the Daily Mail is truly a sight to behold. Problem is amongst many others is this should be kept in mind when another lurid story about Corby appears. The paper can no longer be called out as a right wing conspiracy, smearing Tory rag.

That fox has been shot..... Or should that be 'that pig' has been shot or something.

Oink!

Er.... the one claims but the other does not deny !
  • SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited September 2015
    Morning all.

The joys of youthful indiscretion, - shouldn’t be a problem as long as the pig's not presently a member of the cabinet and he sang the National anthem while doing it.
    surbiton said:

Moses_ said:

Oink!

What does that sentence even mean?
  • GeoffM said:

surbiton said:

Moses_ said:

Oink!

I think he means that the story's giving him a large amount of fun, and he desperately wants to believe it's true.

It'll be interesting to see how Cameron handles this, whether it is true or false.
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,676

Morning all.

The joys of youthful indiscretion, - shouldn’t be a problem as long as the pig's not presently a member of the cabinet and he sang the National anthem while doing it.

Unfortunately , he probably is though.
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics

Now the Express gets into the game.
  • GeoffM said:

surbiton said:

Moses_ said:

Oink!

I think he means that the story's giving him a large amount of fun, and he desperately wants to believe it's true.

It'll be interesting to see how Cameron handles this, whether it is true or false.

What can he say or do? He just has to hope it goes away.
    edited September 2015

GeoffM said:

surbiton said:

Moses_ said:

Oink!