Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Greek election result: Tspiras set to return as PM

124»

Comments

• Options

GeoffM said:

surbiton said:

Moses_ said:

I don't have a pig in this fight to be honest but a rather strange phenomena has overcome the lefties on here overnight and in particular one of two of the more vocal regulars.

The Daily, Heil, daily Hate whatever way they normally to refer to this paper when hundreds of stories are written about Labour and the left in general is suddenly, absolutely and entirely inexplicably becomes the height of probity and accurate precise reporting with an article that cannot be questioned.

Gosh I wonder why that is?

So Two top men have a bitch fight and "scratchling" each other's eyes out while one claims the other had a unusual relationship is one thing but the Damascus like conversion of the non believers in a few hours to the Daily Mail is truly a sight to behold. Problem is amongst many others is this should be kept in mind when another lurid story about Corby appears. The paper can no longer be called out as a right wing conspiracy, smearing Tory rag.

That fox has been shot..... Or should that be 'that pig' has been shot or something.

Oink!

Er.... the one claims but the other does not deny !
    What does that sentence even mean?
    I think he means that the story's giving him a large amount of fun, and he desperately wants to believe it's true.

It'll be interesting to see how Cameron handles this, whether it is true or false.

What can he say or do? He just has to hope it goes away.

The one problem for Dave with this is if other papers now feel it is open season on him and start to compete with each other on the stories they may previously have sat on for various reasons.

• Options
    Anyone have odds on Rory Stewart making it into the Cabinet?
  • Options

New Thread New Thread

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    edited September 2015
    Looks like Osborne has had a pretty boring life !
  • Options
    I'm going to enjoy piggate, I wrote on here last week that Cameron's honeymoon was over, delighted he's got some flak to take. He's given tacit approval to the press slaughtering his opposition, let's see if he can take it as well as he dishes it out.

Don't suppose Mrs Cameron is too pleased - spare bedroom for a while?
  • Options

Anyone have odds on Rory Stewart making it into the Cabinet?

I don't have any odds, but I've tipped him on here in the past. On the surface he's quite a fascinating guy.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    "Recently, after Clegg stepped down as leader of his party, my office checked this version of events with his office. Clegg said he had no recollection of barring any Conservative appointments.

Perhaps Cameron’s conscience pricked him a little, because a short while later, I did get an offer — to be a junior whip in the Foreign Office."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3242581/A-broken-promise-wrote-book-LORD-ASHCROFT-reveals-went-supporter-critic-Cameron.html#ixzz3mLnJkYus
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Revenge, after all, is a dish served cold.

He also has an ally in Oakeshott. She is the one who threw Vicky Pryce in front of a speeding car !
  • Options

I'm going to enjoy piggate, I wrote on here last week that Cameron's honeymoon was over, delighted he's got some flak to take. He's given tacit approval to the press slaughtering his opposition, let's see if he can take it as well as he dishes it out.

Don't suppose Mrs Cameron is too pleased - spare bedroom for a while?

They will chill out with some substance !
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,983
    Inclined to agree with Moses; we should take anything in the Mail with a large pinch of salt Why should the paper [rint something which could well lead to major emarrassment for the Tories? What’s their motivation?

The EU referendum?