Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » This should take the pressure off Mr Corbyn

Comments

• Options
    MG..Those bloodthirsty migrants will not even bother trudging across those bog ridden wastes to reach your mouldy midge ridden shack..and they are only trying to kill the higher life forms , so rest in yer bed..you will be spared..
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,932

malcolmg said:

I doubt that this will make any difference to anything politically. It's just a major personal embarrassment for the PM that he is going to have to tough out. The posh really are another country, aren't they? Ho, ho.

I'm not sure it's anything to do with poshness. I've seen some working class people do some fairly odd things as well (and no, no details).

In fact, I probably saw more dubious behaviour at the state schools I attended than the public schools.

Also, it might not be wise to insinuate all posh people are like this. Otherwise we might have to ask Charles what he got up to as a youth ... :)
    Defending your Tory chums I see, oh wait you are not a Tory.....oops.
    Never heard of anything like it from working class people so you are either Tory or move in very strange circles indeed.
    I don't think it is class based. Any group of young lads, trying to fit in with a tribal culture, such as a gang, or a sports team, or a job with a strong team culture such as the armed forces, police or fire sevice can get up to some crazy stuff when drink has been taken. I well remember The Dance Of The Flaming Arseholes. ......
    I think the drug taking is the more serious allegation for Cameron to deal with, to be honest, as it tries to drag his wife into it as well.
    TFS, we may be a bit more genteel up here , but to me pig's did not feature in any jolly japes. Trying to equate that with normal is NOT normal.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    edited September 2015
    I'm sure this story, while embarrassing, will have no lasting damage unless this supposed photo emerges (I'd hate to see the photo album it exists in), but Cameron can hardly address it as it just feeds the story,so for awhile at least when I see him I shall think of him possibly shagging a dead pig. And I like Cameron, but thats bloody weird even for drunken coked up shenanigans. Like, creepily weird.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited September 2015
    Between Jezza and the pork warrior it is not going to be easy for #libdemfightback to make the news.
  • Options

Dear @BBC, I think this is the picture you are looking for #piggate #hameron pic.twitter.com/RYkno6Q5qd

— Women Defy UKIP (@WomenDefyUKIP) September 21, 2015
  • Options
    EstobarEstobar Posts: 558
    edited September 2015
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I doubt that this will make any difference to anything politically. It's just a major personal embarrassment for the PM that he is going to have to tough out. The posh really are another country, aren't they? Ho, ho.

I'm not sure it's anything to do with poshness. I've seen some working class people do some fairly odd things as well (and no, no details).

In fact, I probably saw more dubious behaviour at the state schools I attended than the public schools.

Also, it might not be wise to insinuate all posh people are like this. Otherwise we might have to ask Charles what he got up to as a youth ... :)
    Never heard of anything like it from working class people so you are either Tory or move in very strange circles indeed.
    I don't think it is class based. Any group of young lads, trying to fit in with a tribal culture, such as a gang, or a sports team, or a job with a strong team culture such as the armed forces, police or fire sevice can get up to some crazy stuff when drink has been taken. I well remember The Dance Of The Flaming Arseholes. ......
    I think the drug taking is the more serious allegation for Cameron to deal with, to be honest, as it tries to drag his wife into it as well.
    TFS, we may be a bit more genteel up here , but to me pig's did not feature in any jolly japes. Trying to equate that with normal is NOT normal.
    Quite. And it won't be normal for 99% of people. I'm afraid this is the end of Cameron. (If true.)
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754

Jonathan said:

Well if Tories bring up Corbyns past, Labour now have something to say. Might make Tories hesitate.

Looking forward to backbench question on PM support for UK bacon industry.

@DPMcBride: Jeez, can you imagine if Jezza starts his next PMQs with: "I've had 365,000 emails on the issue of meat hygiene. Pinkie from Oxford asks..."
    Best post of the morning Mr Eagles. :-)
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Estobar said:

'We've all done stupid things'

Erm, when your PM allegedly sticks his cock into a dead pig's mouth this, trust me, is a whole different level.

If it's true, and esp, if the alleged photo comes to light, he's a goner.

Ah the liberal left up early.

True or not it's fun and embarrassing but meaningless.
  • Options

MG..Those bloodthirsty migrants will not even bother trudging across those bog ridden wastes to reach your mouldy midge ridden shack..and they are only trying to kill the higher life forms , so rest in yer bed..you will be spared..

Stick to your banjo, hillbilly
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Morning ELIZA.

I see you still haven't had a decent programmer update your code.
    I see you have no answer posh boy
    If you knew me, you'd know I'm not particularly posh.

If you've read posts passsim, you'll know I have a healthy disregard for many stories in the media (SeanT called me out for it just the other day). It's served me well on many occasions in the past, where the substance of the stories have proved less robust than the headlines. And yes, I've applied this to Labour, Lib Dem and Tories).

"Never heard of anything like it from working class people"

Since you think I'm posh, obviously your working-class / middle-class / posh detector is rather off-kilter. Get someone to update your code. I'll do it for a modest fee, although there might be some side -effects. For instance, I might set the support-independence flag to false. ;)
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

Has Cameron responded to #piggate yet?

Apparently he will be msking no comment according to Sky (see my earlier post upthread)
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Charles.

You went to Eton. Perhaps you could explain the attraction to the rest of us?
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    I was just thinking the same. I suspect Farron's joke about being a vegetarian will be the highlight - oh and Mr Whippy.

Between Jezza and the pork warrior it is not going to be easy for #libdemfightback to make the news.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,964

Apparently he will be msking no comment according to Sky (see my earlier post upthread)
    I somewhat doubt him denying it would make any difference! It's a lose lose situation right now.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Well at least the LDs know that they weren't the first dead animal to get screwed by Cameron.
  • Options

Not a sausage.
  • Options
    At a "meta" level, this shows how much more amateurish are Labour than Tory supporters when it comes to digging up dirt. Leftists never get beyond toff. The right are crawling all over Corbyn's entire life story, from what he said to who he stood near and what they said.
  • Options
    The exchange between Eamonn and Joey was really rather fun.

• Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    I heard on the news, (08:00. BBC) that Tom Watson is urging Labour MP's to be nice and understanding to their new leader. It's not on the BBC web site yet.
  • Options
    Estobar said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Quite. And it won't be normal for 99% of people. I'm afraid this is the end of Cameron. (If true.)
    I never said it was normal, just that young men, trying to fit in cross the line some times. Hell, I've woken up some mornings with the line several miles behind me!
    It will be a difficult week for Cameron ahead, though.
  • Options
    Well Mike's back in Blighty today.

So I reckon this is as bad as it gets for Dave.

I'd be really worried for Dave if this was the first day of Mike's holiday and not Mike's last day on holiday.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836
    Will Cameron be greeted by the Labour bench shouting "oink, oink" in unison at the next PMQ's?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,994
    edited September 2015

At a "meta" level, this shows how much more amateurish are Labour than Tory supporters when it comes to digging up dirt. Leftists never get beyond toff. The right are crawling all over Corbyn's entire life story, from what he said to who he stood near and what they said.

In Corbyn's case, it hardly requires a great deal of digging. Much of it is in Hansard.
  • Options

Well Mike's back in Blighty today.

So I reckon this is as bad as it gets for Dave.

I'd be really worried for Dave if this was the first day of Mike's holiday and not Mike's last day on holiday.

Oh dear TSE. Not your finest, or funniest, comment.
  • Options

He believes politicians are entitled to a past. Now we know why.
  • Options

I did not see that. What did they say?
  • Options
    Serialisations are always horror fests for the target - whether today or tomorrow is the worst of it is key.

I'm guessing tomorrow might have something with more substance/recent than this amusing tittle tattle.

Estobar said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I never said it was normal, just that young men, trying to fit in cross the line some times. Hell, I've woken up some mornings with the line several miles behind me!
    It will be a difficult week for Cameron ahead, though.
  • Options
    I've had fun with this, asindeed have the left and right, but in all seriousness, the idea some can see it being true and casually as no big deal even so is concerning to me. Dismissed as nonsense, silly season weirdness, no problem. That people think it possible enough to defend it as no big deal even if it is true? Worrying. Personal perversions do not automatically ruin someone as a person, but that this one is even regarded as possibly not made up is depressing.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Larry the Downing Street cat has tweeted his views
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Struggling not to laugh whilst discussing why they couldn't talk it for legal reasons. "We haven't seen a photograph..."

I did not see that. What did they say?
  • Options

I'm glad I'm a good Muslim boy and have never eaten any pig based product.

I'd be for ever wondering did I ever ate some that had....

But, have you ever eaten Welsh or New Zealand lamb?
  • Options
    Those who missed the story last night, please note the mail story online did devote space to saying how the book contains moving accounts of Cameron with his first born and the difficulties with his condition and how it made him a compassionate politician. So that's nice,

Don't blow your load, lefties, there might be more to come after all.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

I'm glad I'm a good Muslim boy and have never eaten any pig based product.

I'd be for ever wondering did I ever ate some that had....

But, have you ever eaten Welsh or New Zealand lamb?
    Probably, I dated a Welsh girl for a while.

Loved taking her up Wrexham most weekends.

And on that note, time to start work.
  • Options

Former Piers Gaveston Society member and current MP Rory Stewart may not be the best bet for a high profile Cabinet position. At least for a while.

Ah, smears by association.
    oh yeah, this. Get a guy not named in the story in by association. Very AJC.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Will Cameron be greeted by the Labour bench shouting "oink, oink" in unison at the next PMQ's?

Maybe many MPs will speak to the media about how these reports of the PM shagging a pig are disgusting and of course ridiculous, it's absurd to suggest he would shag a dead pig, and they do not believe. For a second he would shag a dead pig.

Compete to see how much they can mention it just through dismissing it?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Why depressing? I watched a strange docu about dating apps last week - and the fetish/novelty that people get involved surprised even broadminded little old me.

This was initiation ceremony hazing - like having your head flushed down the bog at school only more creative. It doesn't bother me at all provided it wasn't simple bullying.
    kle4 said:

I've had fun with this, asindeed have the left and right, but in all seriousness, the idea some can see it being true and casually as no big deal even so is concerning to me. Dismissed as nonsense, silly season weirdness, no problem. That people think it possible enough to defend it as no big deal even if it is true? Worrying. Personal perversions do not automatically ruin someone as a person, but that this one is even regarded as possibly not made up is depressing.

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    kle4 said:

Maybe many MPs will speak to the media about how these reports of the PM shagging a pig are disgusting and of course ridiculous, it's absurd to suggest he would shag a dead pig, and they do not believe. For a second he would shag a dead pig.

@DPJHodges: Joking aside, though. What a pol did at Uni is fair game, right? We're agreed on that now Corbyn supporters? Mail and others can go there.

Who wants to be first to open the box..?
  • Options
    MG. Pathetic..up your game or sod off..
  • Options
    This scandal won't oust Cameron. What does it amount to? Trouble is, becoming a laughing stock might do it.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

I doubt if class is an issue. Bestiality is probably not unheard of among farm labourers.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Roger said:

Charles.

Sure. Fantastic teachers, great culture that encourages learning. Ability to find the niche - whether academic, sporting or extra-curricular - that fits you best. Teaches kids how to behave respectfully and in an adult manner.

That's what you were asking, right? ;)
  • Options
    OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469
    Er! Perhaps if the DTM are so concerned with the morals of the Politico's, could someone please remind me of the names of the two editors of UK National Sunday newspapers who were involved in some sort of bonking competition back in the 70's?

Caught a quick glance at a picture of Andrew Neil the other day, must say that he looked very smart. The bride looked very pretty, the dress was stunning. Mr Neil should be very proud of being her father.

Another blast from the past, Donald Trelford had a daughter last year following the birth of his son when Trelford was 73, four years or so ago
  • Options

Why depressing? I watched a strange docu about dating apps last week - and the fetish/novelty that people get involved surprised even broadminded little old me.

This was initiation ceremony hazing - like having your head flushed down the bog at school only more creative. It doesn't bother me at all provided it wasn't simple bullying.

kle4 said:

Fetishes that might be strange I get, as long as no one is hurt (unless they're into that) and its legal who cares, but this was indeed apparently an Initiation thing. What depresses me is the idea that even extreme intoxication and peer pressure could induce someone to put their penis in a dead pigs mouth rather than tell them to f--- off, they'll get other friends.
  • Options
    Diane Abbott isn't enough?!
    Scott_P said:

kle4 said:

@DPJHodges: Joking aside, though. What a pol did at Uni is fair game, right? We're agreed on that now Corbyn supporters? Mail and others can go there.

• Options
    Just watched 'TimmyTime' on CBeebies with the little 'un.

The pig was missing from the entire episode.

I think we should be told ...
  • Options
    Roger said:

Charles.

Oh come on Roger,

you went to private school too, are you really telling us you've never looked at a sow with a glint in your eye ?

You really must come to Ludlow, we have pig farms and everything :-)
  • Options

This scandal won't oust Cameron. What does it amount to? Trouble is, becoming a laughing stock might do it.

This. You want a distraction from everything you say and do, from any policy you try and announce, or from any political attack you launch on your opponents.

This.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Fetishes that might be strange I get, as long as no one is hurt (unless they're into that) and its legal who cares, but this was indeed apparently an Initiation thing. What depresses me is the idea that even extreme intoxication and peer pressure could induce someone to put their penis in a dead pigs mouth rather than tell them to f--- off, they'll get other friends.
    You've never hung around with Royal Engineers on a Saturday night. I never knew condoms had so many uses ... ;)
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

kle4 said:

Lest we forget Nick Clegg's cactus incineration, his "Tory" phase at uni and Ed "nazi officer" balls.

• Options
    Charles said:

Roger said:

Charles.

Sure. Fantastic teachers, great culture that encourages learning. Ability to find the niche - whether academic, sporting or extra-curricular - that fits you best. Teaches kids how to behave respectfully and in an adult manner.

That's what you were asking, right? ;)
    It's that bit "the niche that fits you best " we'd like to know more about.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

You've never hung around with Royal Engineers on a Saturday night. I never knew condoms had so many uses ... ;)
    I've led a sheltered life, clearly.
  • Options

Yep, imagine the sniggering at the next G8 or whatever. If you're Berlusconi you can get away with it, if your USP is supposed to be gravitas & 'tone', not so much.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115

Just watched 'TimmyTime' on CBeebies with the little 'un.

The pig was missing from the entire episode.

I think we should be told ...

Would you like some Peppa on your Pig, Sir?

At least it explains that weird face Miliband was pulling whilst eating that bacon sandwich....
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

I've led a sheltered life, clearly.
    Lucky you.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

Of course they will with complete confidence. None of them have backstories that the Daily Mail would want to print......

#politicalsuicide

BTW Ashcroft is a shit of the first order
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Yep, imagine the sniggering at the next G8 or whatever. If you're Berlusconi you can get away with it, if your USP is supposed to be gravitas & 'tone', not so much.
    I'm sure most of the leaders have had disgusting rumours circulated about them at one point, but I shall certainly have trouble regarding Cameron seriously for a few days.
  • Options
    Has the good lord emerged from Belize to discuss this at all?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

I have heard of rowing club initiations that are worse than this. And as for rugger clubs....
  • Options
    Morning all,

Oh for God's sake. Only one person on the record as far as I can see, and that is to say college student mates smoked cannabis during the late 1980s. The constitution of Britain is rocked to its very foundations.
  • Options
    So looks like pork's on the menu for every EU summit for the next few years.

Ach Herr Cameron, noch mehr Schweinbacken ?
  • Options

kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

Of course they will with complete confidence. None of them have backstories that the Daily Mail would want to print......

#politicalsuicide

BTW Ashcroft is a shit of the first order
    Yep.

We should also remember McAlpine and Red Rag when considering this.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Cameron:-

"Look, I was drunk at the time, and mistook the pig for a girl at the point of entry."
  • Options

Morning all,

Oh for God's sake. Only one person on the record as far as I can see, and that is to say college student mates smoked cannabis during the late 1980s. The constitution of Britain is rocked to its very foundations.

The personal story is Cameron looks stupid. The political one is a donor claims he was offered the chance to buy a cabinet post.
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone.

Not heard from Ladbrokes but I think they rendered the bet void [though it's still looking unsettled when I checked], given the change to my account.

Mixed feelings about that, given they accepted the stake, ruled it failed, and when I pointed out it had come off they appear to have decided the bet's void rather than winning (Merhi not to be classified at 3.75, incidentally). I did expect it, upon making the bet, to be ruled void pretty quickly, but it was treated as valid until I pointed out they'd counted it as a failed bet (which is categorically not the case).

On the other hand, it's been changed pretty promptly, which is good.

Very bad story for Cameron. On the plus side, for him, it does vindicate his judgement about Ashcroft.

On initiations: these are often brutal. The psychology behind it is that if the bar to entry is incredibly high, the club must really be worth getting into. As well as porcine procedures, there are rather more gruesome ones in some street gangs (rape, either as victim or perpetrator, is not unheard of).
  • Options
    Mr. Jessop, those are good points. Some would say this story is absolutely, bloody brilliant.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Cameron:-

"Look, I was drunk at the time, and mistook the pig for a girl at the point of entry."

from Sam Cam to Ham Cam

where did it all go wrong ?
  • Options
    This twitter account has seen some action this morning.

https://twitter.com/CureSimple/status/645161584260685824
  • Options
    Sean

"Cameron:-

"Look, I was drunk at the time, and mistook the pig for a girl at the point of entry." "

But there's photographic evidence (courtesy of the Express)

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-03/enhanced/webdr06/24/5/enhanced-3157-1395654771-1.jpg
  • Options
    At Rogers school, pupils were not even obliged to turn up for lessons...not that it shows..
  • Options
    Now we know what happened to MickPOrk.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    test
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I think it's time we all grew up.

We've got a (very) perverted PM. It happens.

Get used to it
  • Options
    Estobar said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I'm afraid this is the end of Cameron. (If true.)
    Much as you may wish it to be, its not.
  • Options
    On topic, stating the obvious here but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI
  • Options
    A side-issue to this is the one on laws against various forms of 'deviancy', which the coalition tightened up. So face-sitting porn (*) is illegal, but this is not?

We need a little more sanity in the laws. It shouldn't be a case of "my deviancies are fine, but yours are wrong".

(*) Not my scene, I hasten to add.
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    I think some people are being a bit blaisé about the potential damage this could do for Cameron.

Yes, he will "It's not worth commenting in".

On the other hand, there will be a lot of oinking in the commons, Guido almost certainly has a pig costume arriving today and we could see pig masks become as ubiquitous as V masks at any and every demo you can imagine. Hell I expect a guy in a pig suit at the first by-election.

And while Sky and the BBC might be blanking it from TV coverage, it's in the papers, it's all over twitter (12 hours and it's still top three WORLDWIDE) and there will not be a workplace or school it is not discussed today.

If he does try to stick around for the next election, there will be pigs everywhere.

He will forever be known as pigf*cker. It's like the joke where the punchline is "but you shag a sheep just once..."
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    No-one cares
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Liz Truss does the preparation for David Cameron's next visit to China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhlRM6rYck
  • Options
    Mr. Dair, I think that's an accurate forecast.

The problem is, you can't prove a negative. The photo may appear [such things can be faked, of course], but that aside it won't be proven one way or the other.

Ashcroft does seem an interesting character. Does charitable work (I believe he founded/funds Crime Stoppers), collects Victoria Crosses, and holds grudges very tightly.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Sean

"Cameron:-

"Look, I was drunk at the time, and mistook the pig for a girl at the point of entry." "

But there's photographic evidence (courtesy of the Express)

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-03/enhanced/webdr06/24/5/enhanced-3157-1395654771-1.jpg

Is that the offspring?
  • Options
    Bae of pigs ?
  • Options

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

I have heard of rowing club initiations that are worse than this. And as for rugger clubs....
    Stupid students? Ho ho ho.
    The only person damaged by this rubbish is Ashcroft. At every stage where his political judgement and opinions were proved wrong he has gone more loopy. That despite being treated with kid gloves by all concerned. The book I gather repeats the nasty McBride type slurs against Samantha Cameron and their disabled son. A pretty cheap and nasty effort indeed.
  • Options
    This book says more about Lord Ashcroft than David Cameron. He clearly expected a reward for his donating to the Party and when David Cameron refused his reward he 'dished the dirt'. I would assume by some of the comments on this forum today the Moderators will be seriously exercised.
  • Options

Struggling not to laugh whilst discussing why they couldn't talk it for legal reasons. "We haven't seen a photograph..."

I suspect that is why it has not appeared elsewhere. It is too dangerous in case of libel. Ashcroft must have decided to burn his bridges because after this there is no way back into UK politics. If he wanted revenge why not bankroll UKIP or Corbyn?
  • Options
    I remember an infamous alleged photo involving a rocking horse which failed to ever come out.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Well at least the LDs know that they weren't the first dead animal to get screwed by Cameron.

A dead pig bounce?

• Options
    TGOHF..It might just get an outing now.. .
  • Options
    I know he doesn't need the money - but Lord A hasn't done himself any favours at all. Would you want him as a friend?

I wouldn't.

This book says more about Lord Ashcroft than David Cameron. He clearly expected a reward for his donating to the Party and when David Cameron refused his reward he 'dished the dirt'. I would assume by some of the comments on this forum today the Moderators will be seriously exercised.

• Options

It's a fiction.

Still Cam should resign for some student pranks 30 years ago - lol.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298
    So in the past few weeks we, the poor public, have had to put up with images of the "private parts of their anatomy" of each of the PM and the LotO (at which point, of course, the analogy must end).

I don't think it will have damaged either politically and will probably have enhanced rather than damaged their reputations rather than damaged them, giving rise to "politicians actually human shock" headlines.

As for Dave in particular, I think the response will be meh. Who hasn't done idiotic things in their younger days?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Michael Deacon ‏@MichaelPDeacon 55s55 seconds ago
    The people tweeting that they can't wait till this week's PMQs are going to be so disappointed when they find out

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Morning ELIZA.

I see you still haven't had a decent programmer update your code.
    I see you have no answer posh boy
    That's really your sad limit isn't it. 'Posh' is your obsession. I sincerely hope you keep it up since it blinds you to the real issues and leaves the field open to the tories.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298
    Dair said:

I think some people are being a bit blaisé about the potential damage this could do for Cameron.

Yes, he will "It's not worth commenting in".

On the other hand, there will be a lot of oinking in the commons, Guido almost certainly has a pig costume arriving today and we could see pig masks become as ubiquitous as V masks at any and every demo you can imagine. Hell I expect a guy in a pig suit at the first by-election.

And while Sky and the BBC might be blanking it from TV coverage, it's in the papers, it's all over twitter (12 hours and it's still top three WORLDWIDE) and there will not be a workplace or school it is not discussed today.

If he does try to stick around for the next election, there will be pigs everywhere.

He will forever be known as pigf*cker. It's like the joke where the punchline is "but you shag a sheep just once..."

it's one thing doing idiotic things in the playground or JCR. It is another to engage in such behaviour today, which is what your imagined response would amount to, if you are a grown up.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Twitter is a gift...

The one about Dave not being able to call SamCam "Babe" any more is the best.

The other one about Dave being a threat to our national charcuterie is also good.
  • Options
    Topping

"As for Dave in particular, I think the response will be meh. Who hasn't done idiotic things in their younger days? "

Possibly but I understand there's a pig wandering around Oxford looking for a no win no fee lawyer......
  • Options

Morning all,

The personal story is Cameron looks stupid. The political one is a donor claims he was offered the chance to buy a cabinet post.
    Like Lord Sainsbury then... Gee that's a big story.
    Thank God Ashcroft was kept away from government.
  • Options

You are obviously not right in the head , Corbyn talking to some baddies and not sing GSTQ compared to having it off with dead pigs is a hoot.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

It's a fiction.

Still Cam should resign for some student pranks 30 years ago - lol.
    Sounds like you knew the pig
  • Options
    Trying to understand the politics of the timing this - why not during General Election or Tory Conference or during Westminster session?