Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New large sample poll finds just 43% of GE2015 LAB voters s

123457»

Comments

• Options
    TOPPING said:

dr_spyn said:

PODAWAS.

...Diane Abbott making a fool of herself on R4 snipped...

"none of us want to lose valued colleagues"

#menacing

So she should not resign then.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited November 2015
    Dominos? Then again, difficult to topple a row of jellyfish.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,880

Mr. Jessop, your ship insurance premium must be enormous.

Do the other pilots call you Maldonado In Space?

Oi! It's bad enough Sunil calling me Erdogan, without you calling me Maldanado!

Outside sir, and choose your weapons with care ...
    Note: The subject Josias "Erdog..." - ooops!

Oh, hi, Josias!
    Right Sunil, for that crime I sentence you to torture. I'm going to send you on a 14-day trip around Britain's railways, travelling on as many lines as possible, including Parly services and freight lines. You will have to travel first class (where applicable) to show you those horrors, and failure to photograph at least a dozen station signs will lead to another week's extension.

I have checked the Geneva Convention, and such a punishment is banned as cruel and unusual punishment, alongside the use of chemical weapons, baby's vomit and having to attend a meeting of the PLP.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    PM statement at 8pm
  • Options

John_M said:

TOPPING said:

Wanderer said:

Wanderer said:

The United Kingdom is the undisputed World Champion of wars.

We'll spank ISIS back into the Stone Age.

We are 3 and 0 in world wars if you count the Napeolonic kerfuffle as WW0. Is it just a clean-sweep in group stage though?
    Unofficially amongst military historians the 7 Years War is counted as the first proper World War. Europe, Africa, The Caribbean, Canada and India as well as numerous smaller places.

We won that one as well.
    I nearly included the Seven Years War. As well as global scope it also had very long-lasting consequences. On the other hand I think that when we use the term "world war" there is also the idea of mobilising all the resources of a nation, of nationalist ideology and of a remorseless war that ends in the collapse of the losing side and reorganisation of their home state by the victors. As I understand it, those elements are not there in the Seven Years War but are to some extent in Napoleonic France. But we could certainly see the Seven Years War as WW-1.

And we did win it, indeed, although that verdict was partially reversed by the misunderstanding with the American colonies.
    In terms of total war, the Thirty Years War was more intense than the Seven Years War but its geographic scope was much more limited. Even so, I'd be inclined to view 1756-63 as the first of four truly global conflicts.
    Bobbitt's concept of "Epochal" or Long War (1914-1990) makes a lot of sense to me.
    Good afternoon all. I prefer to think of 1870-1945 as being Europe's Peloponnesian war. I'd accept the argument that there was an overlapping conflict from 1917-1989(ish).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Hundred_Years'_War

1689 to 1815
    Al Murray proves Britain has defeated every other country at war
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYiOCctlPR0
    ISIS must have ruined his entire act.
  • Options
    They've pulled the tweet, so not sure if Benn has resigned
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    edited November 2015
    ignore for the moment.
  • Options
    Is this a co-ordinated hokey-cokey?
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474
    Leading a rush for the doors, or a crowd of one, 'Purnell Style'?
  • Options

No one else is reporting at the moment.
  • Options
    I’m surprised he wasn’t sacked - Never a good idea to have a Party leader and his Shadow Minister diametrically opposed to each other on foreign policy.
  • Options

John_M said:

TOPPING said:

Wanderer said:

Wanderer said:

The United Kingdom is the undisputed World Champion of wars.

We'll spank ISIS back into the Stone Age.

We are 3 and 0 in world wars if you count the Napeolonic kerfuffle as WW0. Is it just a clean-sweep in group stage though?
    Unofficially amongst military historians the 7 Years War is counted as the first proper World War. Europe, Africa, The Caribbean, Canada and India as well as numerous smaller places.

We won that one as well.
    I nearly included the Seven Years War. As well as global scope it also had very long-lasting consequences. On the other hand I think that when we use the term "world war" there is also the idea of mobilising all the resources of a nation, of nationalist ideology and of a remorseless war that ends in the collapse of the losing side and reorganisation of their home state by the victors. As I understand it, those elements are not there in the Seven Years War but are to some extent in Napoleonic France. But we could certainly see the Seven Years War as WW-1.

And we did win it, indeed, although that verdict was partially reversed by the misunderstanding with the American colonies.
    In terms of total war, the Thirty Years War was more intense than the Seven Years War but its geographic scope was much more limited. Even so, I'd be inclined to view 1756-63 as the first of four truly global conflicts.
    Bobbitt's concept of "Epochal" or Long War (1914-1990) makes a lot of sense to me.
    Good afternoon all. I prefer to think of 1870-1945 as being Europe's Peloponnesian war. I'd accept the argument that there was an overlapping conflict from 1917-1989(ish).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Hundred_Years'_War

1689 to 1815
    Al Murray proves Britain has defeated every other country at war
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYiOCctlPR0
    ISIS must have ruined his entire act.
    Ironically, the clip ends when he mentions Iraq.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,624

Fun times.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,936
    Finally, someone who knows how to resign properly.

Just before the 6pm news.

Job done. Corbo finished.

Well done Benn. I did not think that would ever be a sentence I'd utter.
  • Options
    For some reason I find myself compelled to watch again the Thick Of It episode where Nicola Murray attends shad-cab (sic) with the Quiet Bat People plan...
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    AndyJS said:

I'm puzzled why the Tories would only drop from 19% to 14% in Oldham West when the equivalent figures in Heywood & Middleton were 27% and 12%.

The same proportionate drop for the Tories would take them down to around 8%, with the extra 6% presumably going to UKIP.
  • Options
    Hillary Benn has not resigned Ignore was from a spoof account, the fooking tossers
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Ummm...
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621

No one else is reporting at the moment.
    @BritainElects now denying the tweet came from them. Shenanigans.
  • Options
    After the Syria vote...

@CJTerry: Afterwards they shall all head to two different breweries, for a piss-up https://t.co/mo6DDGmfAP
  • Options

Telegraph reporting that Corbyn will put the case against bombing at dispatch box, followed by Benn who will put the case for, at a debate later in week (or next week). Described as "unusual".

I was going to immediately respond by asking, 'how does that work?' but thought it safer to wait five minutes.
    I was wise, because clearly not does not work if Benn has resigned.
  • Options

New Thread New Thread

• Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474

Hillary Benn has not resigned Ignore was from a spoof account, the fooking tossers

As you were everyone, until sometime next year.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    Is this positive or negative for Hilary Benn's chances for leader?

Corbyn only leader to the left of Bennites in history...
  • Options

Telegraph reporting that Corbyn will put the case against bombing at dispatch box, followed by Benn who will put the case for, at a debate later in week (or next week). Described as "unusual".

I was going to immediately respond by asking, 'how does that work?' but thought it safer to wait five minutes.
    I was wise, because clearly not does not work if Benn has resigned.

OK so I will ask again - 'how does that work'?
  • Options

New Thread New Thread

Spoof account?
  • Options

Yeah, they're Britain Eiects, only with a capital I. Twitter ought to get a handle on these...

Report them and mark as harmful --> impersonator.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,936
    Scott_P said:

Mortimer said:

Ummm...
    Bladdy imposters!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,624

Yeah, they're Britain Eiects, only with a capital I. Twitter ought to get a handle on these...

I'm not sure impersonators of obscure political twitter handles are top of their concerns list.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Corbyn is a Tory, surely?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I'm not sure impersonators of obscure political twitter handles are top of their concerns list.
    No, but loads of people pull the i / l trick all the time, complete with copied picture. Shouldn't be too hard to automatically check a new account isn't spoofing in this way.
This discussion has been closed.