Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » UKIP vote down sharply in all this week’s local by-election

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited February 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » UKIP vote down sharply in all this week’s local by-elections

Crompton (Lab defence) on Bolton
Result: Labour 1,961 (73% +13%), UKIP 320 (12% -9%), Conservative 302 (11% -1%), Liberal Democrat 117 (4% unchanged)
Labour HOLD with a majority of 1,641 (61%) on a swing of 11% from UKIP to Labour

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    edited February 2016
    First. Like the Lib Dems in Eastleigh. Lib Dem fightback well under way.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,336
    Secoind, Like the Tories in every seat here.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897
    edited February 2016
    FPT
    I never thought I'd be saying this, but England at EDIT: 3.4 might be worth a bet. It's going to be a surprisingly close finish.
  • Options
    FPT

Unusually, Stephen Bush makes a mistake in this article:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/elections/2015/10/why-are-boundary-changes-bad-labour

He argues that Labour seats becoming more marginal is bad news for Labour. The opposite is true. When you're in second place and fighting to win, you want every vote you get to be working hard. Piling up large majorities is an utterly pointless use of votes.

Of course, if you're worried about going backwards, this is a problem.

Shouldn't they be worried? You need to have a firebreak somewhere, just in case.
    Labour have so many seats with epic majorities they need to step out a bit in this direction. They're 100 seats behind the Conservatives so they want to make sure that their existing votes are eked out as efficiently as possible to make progress easier.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    PClipp said:

I admire your optimism but would steer clear of buying a parrot, particularly a Norwegian Blue if I were you
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    Rubio digs deeper:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/697868062041702404

Time for that joke again;
    "Let us dispel with this fiction that Marco Rubio knows what he's doing, he doesn't know what he's doing."
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Yet Ukip's GE polling continues to be fairly good. I think it makes sense as Ukip's primary concerns are national rather than local. Of course, a leave vote in June or whenever could be the end of the party.
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    Who's your avatar?
    tlg86 said:

Yet Ukip's GE polling continues to be fairly good. I think it makes sense as Ukip's primary concerns are national rather than local. Of course, a leave vote in June or whenever could be the end of the party.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    EU serves notice on Greece = kicked out and sealed off from Europe’s passport-free Schengen zone for failing to control its border with Turkey. 3 months to fix it
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/europe/article4689350.ece
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,990
    tlg86 said:

It's one thing to look at a possible GE; it's another when the you actually have to vote. TBF, UKIP seem generally to have made a mess of their councillors.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

FPT
    I never thought I'd be saying this, but England at EDIT: 3.4 might be worth a bet. It's going to be a surprisingly close finish.

6th wicket down and SA quite long tail 70 runs required.

Very close finish
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Great catch from Topley for the c&b. 191/6, need 6 an over for 13 ovs.
    Edit: Betfair odds about to cross. Eng 2.05.
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138

PClipp said:

I admire your optimism but would steer clear of buying a parrot, particularly a Norwegian Blue if I were you
    A subtle reference to Mrs Thatcher, Mr Owls? I gather the poor old dear didn`t know what she was talking about when she parroted the Monty Python sketch. Some people found her very entetaining at the time - rather surprised that you seem to be among them.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

I would still consider SA favorites. D/L Par score has it dead level 200 at end of 39th
  • Options

Who's your avatar?

tlg86 said:

The effigy of Dave and piggy at Lewes.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,995

Mr. Royale, I know stakes vary a lot here, but I wouldn't say 'only' £250!

I think I bet less than half that (combined) on Alonso/Maldonado to lead lap 1 of the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix [sticks in the mind because Hamilton was disqualified from his pole, so they started 1-2 but had odds of 6/1 to lead lap 1 until the bookies realised].

I've covered myself on Cruz too.

Basically, I don't think Bush, Rubio or Kasich will do it. It'll be Trump or Cruz now, and probably Trump.

I reckon 15% chance of Bush/Rubio/Kasich, 55% chance of Trump and 30% chance of Cruz.
    I don't think there's anything like a 30% chance of Cruz. He's not even going to carry all the states Santorum did.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

It's one thing to look at a possible GE; it's another when the you actually have to vote. TBF, UKIP seem generally to have made a mess of their councillors.
    Well they're polling at or above what they did last May. A lot of water to flow under the bridge before another GE, mind.
  • Options
    PClipp said:

PClipp said:

A subtle reference to Mrs Thatcher, Mr Owls? I gather the poor old dear didn`t know what she was talking about when she parroted the Monty Python sketch. Some people found her very entetaining at the time - rather surprised that you seem to be among them.
    No but she and the Parrot are showing only marginally less signs of life than the LDs.

Having said that I am all for an LD revival in Tory areas where LD are 2nd but think Clegg has knackered them as challengers in Lab areas for a while yet.

What do you reckon?
  • Options
    Ha! :smiley:
    tlg86 said:

Who's your avatar?

tlg86 said:

• Options

Sandpit said:

I would still consider SA favorites. D/L Par score has it dead level 200 at end of 39th
    Yep. 64 from 66 balls. SA should do it from here but I just made some easy cash backing the 3 and laying the 2 within 15 mins.

Again England will pay for not using the last two overs.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Yep. 64 from 66 balls. SA should do it from here but I just made some easy cash backing the 3 and laying the 2 within 15 mins.

Another Wkt in next few balls and its level again.

Good arbing by you BTW
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,433
    Don't know how they got everyone at the PB meet to wear Nigel tees, but good on Mike Smithson for maintaining his dignity with a shirt and tie.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Good arbing by you BTW
    wicket! SA 207/7, Eng now 1.45 to win.
  • Options
    Wow Golden arm gets a Wkt off what would have been a wide.

England could do this.

No financial interest from me in this innigs
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Good arbing by you BTW
    wicket! SA 207/7, Eng now 1.45 to win.
    An another 8 down
  • Options

Wow Golden arm gets a Wkt off what would have been a wide.

England could do this.

No financial interest from me in this innigs

Why did he stretch so much to hit that? This will be a great last 50 balls.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    England's to lose now. 210/8. 53 from 51 required.

Grr, should have let that 2/1 ride...
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Well they're polling at or above what they did last May. A lot of water to flow under the bridge before another GE, mind.
    Are they even significantly engaged in local campaigns at the moment, or are they going hell for leather on the EURef front ?
  • Options

Ha! :smiley:

tlg86 said:

Who's your avatar?

tlg86 said:

Time for a change. Here's Merkel from Lewes, 2012 - just to remind us how long the Euro crisis went on for/has been going on for.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930

Don't know how they got everyone at the PB meet to wear Nigel tees, but good on Mike Smithson for maintaining his dignity with a shirt and tie.

A party whose sole raison d'etre has never been closer to being achieved are the target of ridicule... how about that?

There is a great photo from an actual PB meet on here... McMurphy was taking the pic
  • Options

EU serves notice on Greece = kicked out and sealed off from Europe’s passport-free Schengen zone for failing to control its border with Turkey. 3 months to fix it

That nice of them, they take all the money out of Greece (insert usual observations about bailing out French and German banks) and now they can't afford to secure their borders properly, the EU is not going to help them, its going to cut them off and leave the to drown in a sea of pissed of refugees/migrants sitting in camps at their border points. The EU's self image as the "international brotherhood of free western nations" takes another pasting.
  • Options
    England's fielding is so frustrating. 3 or 4 clear misses in the last half an hour.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Are they even significantly engaged in local campaigns at the moment, or are they going hell for leather on the EURef front ?
    All the emails I get from them are focussed on the referendum. The locals in May will have an interesting dynamic if the referendum follows in June.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

That nice of them, they take all the money out of Greece (insert usual observations about bailing out French and German banks) and now they can't afford to secure their borders properly, the EU is not going to help them, its going to cut them off and leave the to drown in a sea of pissed of refugees/migrants sitting in camps at their border points. The EU's self image as the "international brotherhood of free western nations" takes another pasting.
    Quite. And then they wonder why Leave is leading the polls.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    SeanT said:

I wonder if the self-evident diminishment of Cameron, after the "deal", is now beginning to impact Tory polling.

Certainly some straws in the wind.

You have to admit that even leaving aside the value of a LEAVE vote on its own merits, unlikely as it is, there is going to be room for a massive gloat from all the people that have become just a little tired of the "excess of exuberance" from the Cameroons, who have been massively full of themselves after a successful GE and have been telling us how flawless their man has been on this renegotiation ever since. I believe the word you usual favour in these circumstances Mr T would be "piquant".
  • Options
    PClipp said:

PClipp said:

The Liberals had more MPs when the Dead Parrot sketch first aired in 1969 than the Lib Dems do now!
  • Options
    I'm after some more music recommendations. I detest jungle and rap et al - so anything else is cool for me. Any genre from any era.
  • Options
    *titters*

PClipp said:

PClipp said:

The Liberals had more MPs when the Dead Parrot sketch first aired in 1969 than the Lib Dems do now!
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Indigo said:

Wonder if Greece will go limp and issue them with EU passports.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Indigo said:

It is, however, the one way to save 1. Merkel's job, and 2. prevent Brexit.

A repeat of last Spring/Summer would likely kill the EU.

I think 3 months will be well to late, and the idea that a few border guards looking at passports is going to stop 100k+ people per month going anywhere seems a touch fanciful. I also don't see how that stops people taking a right at the Greek border and going through Macedonia or Bulgaria, through Serbia and into the heart of the EU.
  • Options

I'm after some more music recommendations. I detest jungle and rap et al - so anything else is cool for me. Any genre from any era.

upbeat?
    quiet?
    soul searching?
    romantic?
    laid back?

• Options
    It's the obvious answer if just to get rid of a few thousand.
    weejonnie said:

Indigo said:

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,007
    The best result for UKIP ironically would not be a Leave vote but a very narrow Remain victory
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    England need Broad now, Bad over from Woakes
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    Indigo said:

SeanT said:

I wonder if the self-evident diminishment of Cameron, after the "deal", is now beginning to impact Tory polling.

You have to admit that even leaving aside the value of a LEAVE vote on its own merits, unlikely as it is, there is going to be room for a massive gloat from all the people that have become just a little tired of the "excess of exuberance" from the Cameroons, who have been massively full of themselves after a successful GE and have been telling us how flawless their man has been on this renegotiation ever since. I believe the word you usual favour in these circumstances Mr T would be "piquant".
    I have not read of any boasts about a flawless man of renegotiation. Having said that he has been a credit to this nation. Having said that there is a danger that Brexit will win.

• Options
    Can the last 2 Wkts get another 23?
  • Options
    14 runs from that over. 23 from 30 needed now. 2 wickets left.
    SA 1.6, Eng 2.5
    Tie at 25.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

The best result for UKIP ironically would not be a Leave vote but a very narrow Remain victory

Nah, it'd be to Leave given that all three traditional parties would be in disarray with a close vote either way. There'd be space to grow into a mainstream party.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    duplicate

• Options

It's the obvious answer if just to get rid of a few thousand.

weejonnie said:

Indigo said:

I doubt it, because if the EU goes tits up, a non zero chance, then they'll have totally f#cked themselves.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779
    HYUFD said:

UKIP the party, but I'm sure that every last one of their voters would prefer to go back to politics as normal within an independent UK.

UKIP don't really exist after a leave vote, and they'd be well advised to immediately disband.
  • Options
    Brexit is a decision for British voters. Neither Goldman Sachs nor Obama should be sticking their oar in. Especially cheeky when EU means signing up to a bunch of stuff Americans won't ever tolerate.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Followed a month later by the EU imposing migrant quotas, and the Eurozone using the QMV majority to impose new regulations on the City.
  • Options
    Neil Warnock new manager at Rotherham - strange
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Seriously, anything.

I've got Elizabethan lutes to heavy metal. There's something about most rap and that whole thing that grates on my IQ.

I've only found one band I like that does gangsta stuff and they're Nigger BlueGrass as a brand. They did the soundtrack for lots of Justified - Gangstagrass, the lyrics are very clever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcw5D1jgfyw

upbeat?
    quiet?
    soul searching?
    romantic?
    laid back?

• Options
    SA are going to win from here. 13 from 28 now.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

No, the best result is that we vote to leave and the government ignore the result or try to have another referendum.
  • Options
    Greece don't border any other EU state so it make no difference if they are in or out of Schengen. Gesture politics.
  • Options

Whoops 6,4,4 (three half volleys)
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited February 2016
    del - how do i avoid images instead of images? Do i need to post each as a tiny url?

• Options
    perdix said:

Indigo said:

SeanT said:

I have not read of any boasts about a flawless man of renegotiation. Having said that he has been a credit to this nation. Having said that there is a danger that Brexit will win.

A credit ? You are joking ? He has come back with a worthless bit of flimflam having promised the moon on a stick, and is now strutting around telling everyone that it is still a moon on a stick if they look at it properly, meanwhile it is being watered down even further before our eyes. Not that I expect you to agree being one of the aforementioned Cameron cheerleaders.
  • Options

Greece don't border any other EU state so it make no difference if they are in or out of Schengen. Gesture politics.

It's a very minor hassle for Germans going on holiday to Greece.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

HYUFD said:

No, the best result is that we vote to leave and the government ignore the result or try to have another referendum.
    Which isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

SeanT said:

Cameron has clearly been class apart from opposition to date, but that opposition been VERY weak. Brown, then Miliband, then Corbyn. Only real talent he has faced has been Salmond and he survived that referendum by skin of his teeth. And looks like he will lose next round.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Unless you know their work really well - Roxy Music.
    You may never have heard of them, but - The Be Good Tanyas
    Alarming that I'm suggesting this, but - Seth Lakeman
    I know you'll have your doubts, but - Blondie

A random selection. Let me know if you (unexpectedly) approve.

Edit: To add something classical - Villa-Lobos
  • Options

Whoops 6,4,4 (three half volleys)
    Rueing the dropped catches and missed run outs now are England. 8 runs from 4 overs all of a sudden.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

The National
  • Options

Seriously, anything.

I've got Elizabethan lutes to heavy metal. There's something about most rap and that whole thing that grates on my IQ.

I've only found one band I like that does gangsta stuff and they're Nigger BlueGrass as a brand. They did the soundtrack for lots of Justified - Gangstagrass, the lyrics are very clever.

Ever heard Prince Buster?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLsqiyNk6fE&list=PLFC985CC6FACDABE6&index=6

Play 10 commandments - just for the leftie misogynists.
  • Options

They border Bulgaria, though they're not yet in Schengen. There are ferries to Italy that would be affected.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

They will presumeably be flying anyway.

The migrants will largely be on foot, so they will have to "leave" the EU anyway to travel north from Greece. But its still farcical, there is a whole line of former Eastern block countries immediately east of Greece with completely porous borders that lead the whole way into Poland, which has massively long and sparsely guarded borders, and then they are in Germany.
  • Options
    jayfdeejayfdee Posts: 618
    Omnium said:

Blondie,yes. I listen sometimes when out running etc, and picture this diminuitive blonde on stage commanding the audience,blasting out her music, a big buzz for Debbie, and even bigger buzz for the audience.
    Makes me run just a bit faster.
  • Options
    Greece should be pretty furious with Germany, since they would not be in this situation if Merkel had thought a bit more about her open doors policy.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Nah, it'd be to Leave given that all three traditional parties would be in disarray with a close vote either way. There'd be space to grow into a mainstream party.
    The Tories would simply pick a Brexit backer and UKIP would lack any raison d'etre
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

The Tories would simply pick a Brexit backer and UKIP would lack any raison d'etre
    True, but still in disarray.

P.s. anyone back the tie?
  • Options
    Omnium said:

HYUFD said:

UKIP the party, but I'm sure that every last one of their voters would prefer to go back to politics as normal within an independent UK.

UKIP don't really exist after a leave vote, and they'd be well advised to immediately disband.
    Yes but for the careers of UKIP candidates Scotland showed a narrow referendum defeat does wonders?
  • Options
    SA win by 1 Wkt 16 balls to spare
  • Options
    Omnium said:

For me, Queen, The Who, and Floyd hit the spot. Comfortably numb to finish the evening off.
    I saw Queen, minus Freddie, last year, and they were excellent. Freddie did make a video appearance and the effect was stunning.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

HYUFD said:

Followed a month later by the EU imposing migrant quotas, and the Eurozone using the QMV majority to impose new regulations on the City.
    By 2017 Le Pen will have come top in France, Wilders in the Netherlands and the UK would have nearly voted Out it will have enough on its hands without provoking the UK even further
  • Options

Yep!
    That was a giveaway by England. Failed to use all their overs then missed too many chances in the field.

Fifth and final match on Sunday 14th. I think Mrs Sandpit may be a little upset if I'm watching too much of that one!
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

HYUFD said:

Politically impossible, Tory MPs would simply replace Cameron with Fox or Patterson
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

I think the very best result for those who want to see UKIP gone would be a LEAVE victory. Any possible threat they might have been to either the Tories or Labour would evaporate in one fell swoop.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Seriously, anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pcw5D1jgfyw

upbeat?
    quiet?
    soul searching?
    romantic?
    laid back?
    Happy Hardcore! For those who lived the '90s at 160pbm ;)

http://youtu.be/K5gWFkC75A0
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Yep!
    That was a giveaway by England. Failed to use all their overs then missed too many chances in the field.

Fifth and final match on Sunday 14th. I think Mrs Sandpit may be a little upset if I'm watching too much of that one!
    Bloody Hell thanks for the reminder
  • Options
    jayfdee said:

Omnium said:

For me, Queen, The Who, and Floyd hit the spot. Comfortably numb to finish the evening off.
    I saw Queen, minus Freddie, last year, and they were excellent. Freddie did make a video appearance and the effect was stunning.
    I don't like any of them. I wanted to reply to your earlier comment about the merits of Blondie - great music, and their later work I now appreciate. However Plato's question was what would we recommend. So I'll rope myself in.

• Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

They border Bulgaria, though they're not yet in Schengen. There are ferries to Italy that would be affected.
    True, Greece effectively has no land borders with other countries in the zone.
    However that hasn't stopped the immigration wave, so I suspect that any suspension will not have much impact on the problem.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

rcs1000 said:

The migrants will largely be on foot, so they will have to "leave" the EU anyway to travel north from Greece. But its still farcical, there is a whole line of former Eastern block countries immediately east of Greece with completely porous borders that lead the whole way into Poland, which has massively long and sparsely guarded borders, and then they are in Germany.
    Before, though, they wouldn't need their passports to fly, any official government documentation would do. (Driving licence, Id card, etc)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Indigo said:

HYUFD said:

By 2017 Le Pen will have come top in France, Wilders in the Netherlands and the UK would have nearly voted Out it will have enough on its hands without provoking the UK even further
    She tops the polls if it's Sarkozy as Les Republicans candidate. She's 5 points adrift if it's Juppe.
  • Options
    Remain or leave,I am a genuine undecided.
    I am put off by both sides of the argument,I am definitely not a Kipper, I do not read the express, or the mail for that matter.
    Just cannot see me siding with Farage and the Kippers, but not sure about remaining either.
    Plenty of time yet to decide.
  • Options

As someone already mentioned - Roxy Music. Start with the Stranded album, probably the best one they did.
    As I linked to on the previous thread - Public Service Broadcasting. Just awesome.
    Some American roots music - Pokey Lafarge. Fantastic.
    Some Australian strangeness - CW Stoneking. A 40 year old white man who sounds like a 70 year old black blues man.
    If you fancy folk - Show of Hands.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Indigo said:

rcs1000 said:

Before, though, they wouldn't need their passports to fly, any official government documentation would do. (Driving licence, Id card, etc)
    That was rather my point. It will annoy German tourists, and make damn all different to the migrant flow, Merkel seems to be on a roll for vote winners.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Yep!

Bloody Hell thanks for the reminder
    LOL no worries. I hear that they are struggling to sell tickets for the match. Can't think why, although now it's the decider they will all be gone by the morning!
  • Options
    Speedy said:

However that hasn't stopped the immigration wave, so I suspect that any suspension will not have much impact on the problem.
    Interesting that you take that view - I'd almost have made the statement that Greece effectively has lots of "land" borders. In fact though they have far worse borders to defend than simple land borders.
  • Options
    jayfdee said:

Remain or leave,I am a genuine undecided.
    I am put off by both sides of the argument,I am definitely not a Kipper, I do not read the express, or the mail for that matter.
    Just cannot see me siding with Farage and the Kippers, but not sure about remaining either.
    Plenty of time yet to decide.

Farage and the kippers are for Christmas, but the EU if for life ;)
  • Options
    From your vids

First a bit too Lou Reed suicide

Loved the second by The Staves, new to me

Third, too pop opera for me

Adored and remember Murray Head! Saved that one xxx

O Jays! Great tune

Icicle Works - bit too frantic

Many thanx for all, plenty to dig into.

del - how do i avoid images instead of images? Do i need to post each as a tiny url?

• Options
    Sandpit said:

Seriously, anything.

upbeat?
    quiet?
    soul searching?
    romantic?
    laid back?

Reminds me of my days on the disco biscuits.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

I think the very best result for those who want to see UKIP gone would be a LEAVE victory. Any possible threat they might have been to either the Tories or Labour would evaporate in one fell swoop.
    Yes but that is not in UKIP's interests, for them a Leave vote would be as bad as a big Remain win
  • Options

:sunglasses:
    And we learn be ashamed of all we walk
    Of the way we look, at the way we talk
    Without our stories or our songs

How will we know where we come from?
    I've lost St. George in the Union Jack
    That's my flag too and I want it back
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Speedy said:

Interesting that you take that view - I'd almost have made the statement that Greece effectively has lots of "land" borders. In fact though they have far worse borders to defend than simple land borders.
    Speedy's point is correct. Greece has no land borders with any other Schengen countries so any migrant moving from Greece to another EU country on foot has already had to leave the Schengen area before they can get back in.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Seriously, anything.

upbeat?
    quiet?
    soul searching?
    romantic?
    laid back?

LOL!
  • Options
    Indigo said:

:sunglasses:
    And we learn be ashamed of all we walk
    Of the way we look, at the way we talk
    Without our stories or our songs

How will we know where we come from?
    I've lost St. George in the Union Jack
    That's my flag too and I want it back