Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Survation EURef phone poll follows ComRes and has reduced t

124»

Comments

• Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,413
    edited March 2016
    Roger said:

tlg86 said:

Re Farage, I've spent a fair amount of time with him, he is very intelligent and always prepared to engage with people, he has dedicated 20 years to us leaving the EU so its understandable he is keen to be at the forefront of the campaign, I can't think of anybody with a better knowledge of how the EU works.

His resignation was poorly handled, a leadership contest would have been good for Ukip. I've no idea what's going on with Suzanne Evans who is a very impressive lady. Egos are everywhere in politics, Nigel is no exception.

I thought Evans handled the interview with Dale very well. It sounded like she thinks that Farage surrounded himself with some idiots (malicious or otherwise).
    I didn't hear the interview but yes, 1 or 2 around him were dreadful. The month or so leading up to the GE was pure chaos.
    If as Michael Crick suggests Ms Evans reports that Farage has beaten his wife that can surely only improve his support among UKIPers
    Could you explain this to me? I'm not quite sure why I as a UKIP supporter automatically endorse domestic violence, but I'm sure you can elucidate.
  • Options
    blackburn63blackburn63 Posts: 4,492
    Roger said:

Roger said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypLwI5AQvY

Roger said:

tlg86 said:

Re Farage, I've spent a fair amount of time with him, he is very intelligent and always prepared to engage with people, he has dedicated 20 years to us leaving the EU so its understandable he is keen to be at the forefront of the campaign, I can't think of anybody with a better knowledge of how the EU works.

His resignation was poorly handled, a leadership contest would have been good for Ukip. I've no idea what's going on with Suzanne Evans who is a very impressive lady. Egos are everywhere in politics, Nigel is no exception.

I thought Evans handled the interview with Dale very well. It sounded like she thinks that Farage surrounded himself with some idiots (malicious or otherwise).
    I didn't hear the interview but yes, 1 or 2 around him were dreadful. The month or so leading up to the GE was pure chaos.
    If as Michael Crick suggests Ms Evans reports that Farage has beaten his wife that can surely only improve his support among UKIPers
    I hope you feel better for suggesting that Ukip voters condone violence against females.
    You condone a level of ignorance in your leader that most people people with even a modicum of manners would find unacceptable so yes nothing that ignoramus does surprises me.

I would be tempted to attend a pb get together if I thought you would be there.
    You might like me and then where would we be!
    I can assure you that wouldn't be the case.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

Roger said:

Roger said:

Roger said:

tlg86 said:

I hope you feel better for suggesting that Ukip voters condone violence against females.
    You condone a level of ignorance in your leader that most people people with even a modicum of manners would find unacceptable so yes nothing that ignoramus does surprises me.

I would be tempted to attend a pb get together if I thought you would be there.
    You might like me and then where would we be!
    I can assure you that wouldn't be the case.
    LOL.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited March 2016

Roger said:

tlg86 said:

Could you explain this to me? I'm not quite sure why I as a UKIP supporter automatically endorse domestic violence, but I'm sure you can elucidate.
    don't UKIPers like a bit of eccentricity in their leaders?

http://leftfootforward.org/2014/05/15-reasons-women-shouldnt-vote-for-ukip/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11285529/What-woman-could-ever-vote-Ukip.html
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,413
    rcs1000 said:

Mortimer said:

John_N said:

What effect will the referendum result have on British emigration? Currently about 0.5% of the population skedaddle each year.

Charles said:

The infight?g and immigration heavy strategy that he [Farage] promotes is not helpful to leave.

Who says? For many, immigration is the key issue. Leave have got Galloway to win votes from those who are pro-immigration. Contrary to what some have argued, Galloway is a big net gain for the Leave campaign, and he is respected by many of the 2.7 million Muslims in the country. He doesn't have so much respect among those who aren't Muslims, but few are going to vote Remain just because he's involved with Leave.

I think he's a busted flush with all communities, frankly. 44% of London voters come from ethnic minorities and 39% were born abroad. Galloway's last poll share rating was 1%.
    39%?! Good grief that is incredible.

I cannot stand this short termist pro-immigration society. What a drain we are on other nations, what a legacy we leave our own children.
    World cities - and there are really only three or four in the world: New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore - all have very large proportions that are foreign. That is the nature of being a world city.

Do we really believe that Hong Kong's success makes other countries poorer? And even if we did, surely it is better to let - as far as it is possible - individuals make their own decisions.
    Yes, obviously it does.
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    Mortimer said:

rcs1000 said:

Mortimer said:

John_N said:

What effect will the referendum result have on British emigration? Currently about 0.5% of the population skedaddle each year.

Charles said:

The infight?g and immigration heavy strategy that he [Farage] promotes is not helpful to leave.

Who says? For many, immigration is the key issue. Leave have got Galloway to win votes from those who are pro-immigration. Contrary to what some have argued, Galloway is a big net gain for the Leave campaign, and he is respected by many of the 2.7 million Muslims in the country. He doesn't have so much respect among those who aren't Muslims, but few are going to vote Remain just because he's involved with Leave.

I think he's a busted flush with all communities, frankly. 44% of London voters come from ethnic minorities and 39% were born abroad. Galloway's last poll share rating was 1%.

I cannot stand this short termist pro-immigration society. What a drain we are on other nations, what a legacy we leave our own children.
    World cities - and there are really only three or four in the world: New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore - all have very large proportions that are foreign. That is the nature of being a world city.

Do we really believe that Hong Kong's success makes other countries poorer? And even if we did, surely it is better to let - as far as it is possible - individuals make their own decisions.
    Societies with lax immigration policies cause a brain drain for the areas that immigrants leave.

In the past people would stay and reform their own political economies.

Would that not be preferable for human development? I would happily sacrifice the 2% (or whatever) immediate growth dip it would cause.
    Do you think that, in general, human development has been held back by the movement of population?
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942
    Wanderer said:

Mortimer said:

rcs1000 said:

Mortimer said:

John_N said:

Charles said:

Societies with lax immigration policies cause a brain drain for the areas that immigrants leave.

In the past people would stay and reform their own political economies.

Would that not be preferable for human development? I would happily sacrifice the 2% (or whatever) immediate growth dip it would cause.
    Do you think that, in general, human development has been held back by the movement of population?
    Depends on how you define in general.

Since about 1980, yes, undoubtedly.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    AndyJS said:

On topic, Cameron's fall from favour is really quite startling.

At one point last year, I did consider that he might be invited back for another term by a grateful party. No chance of that happening now.

The turning point was probably when he revealed plans to scrap most Tory associations without consultation.
    At no time was there a plan to change party organisation without consultation.

This discussion has been closed.