Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » EURef: Betting and polling

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited April 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » EURef: Betting and polling

IN edges down a notch on the Betfair exchange to a 74% chance pic.twitter.com/w801PGZvAd

Read the full story here

Comments

• stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,777
    Numero Uno.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    At last a good day for LEAVE. Theresa May's 'considered' entry into the debate was a thinly disguised bomb.

Being charitable I'd guess she's decided Boris's leadership chances have gone and her only serious opponent is Osborne. Nothing wrong with ambition and I'm sure she's could win but she's done REMAIN some serious damage in the process.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,913

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Goldman Sachs will have gotten a whole bunch of major figures to talk at conferences. Hillary Clinton is no doubt one (she also spoke at a Bernstein conference I went to), but there will also be people from across the political spectrum - and some of those people will be Brexiters.

They pay Mrs Clinton - and others - to be provocative at conferences, so that fund managers (like me) will go to the conferences, and so GS can try and try and persuade us to trade with them.

So the facts may be right, but the conclusion slanted.
    As an aside, I would bet Nigel Farage hits the 'investment bank lecture circuit' after he steps down from the UKIP leadership. He'll soon be pocketing £50k a speech from Goldmans, Morgans and the like. There will be no shortage of interest in getting him to come along and be contentious.
    Not after what he's said about them. Repeatedly.
    The investment banks won't care, and as Farage won't be gagged by them, I reckon he'll be up for it.

It's hard to turn down £50k for turning up and trotting out a speech. (That you've already given 100 times before.)
  • Considering We've had no new Poll news since Obama's swan necking we can only conclude that market manipulation on the side of Remain is at work here. PB logic at work here ;-).
This discussion has been closed.