Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And the winner the the PB Prize Mayoral Competition is……

SystemSystem Posts: 11,020
edited May 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And the winner the the PB Prize Mayoral Competition is……

Just looking through the entries the prediction of foxinsoxuk was impressive. Very well done. I will be contacting you about the prize which is one of the nicest, if expensive, political books that I’ve ever seen. It is totally comprehensive and beautifully presented. It contains a mine of information and really is a prize worth winning.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited May 2016
    1st like Khan (and foxinsocks)
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    2nd like me in pb fantasy league and spurs for just a few days more
  • Options
    bugger - 3rd as spurs soon will be
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995
    Alongside the ICM poll mentioned in the last thread, Yougov has an EU poll out today showing Remain 42% Leave 40%
    https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/05/09/eu-referendum-remain-lead-two/
  • Options
    Jeremy Corbyn reported to be open to John McDonnell succeeding him 'in the right circumstances'
    http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/jason-cowley-canny-sadiq-khan-has-set-an-example-for-the-rest-of-the-labour-party-a3243581.html
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Wrong twice ;)
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,280

Southam Observer guaranteed me that Arsenal were going to beat Man City. Proves once again that if you want something doing you need to do it yourself. Very tricky game at WHU tonight. Could well decide who the Man U manager is next season.

But Arsenal will screw up even if Spurs do as well. It is in their nature.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Dr Fox ....

LibDem winning here .... :smile:
  • Options
    One Londoner sums up Khan's victory 'The difference between Sadiq and Khan is that one wanted to be the mayor of all 33 boroughs, the other gave the impression they would make an excellent mayor of Richmond'
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor/how-sadiq-khans-common-touch-proved-to-be-the-secret-of-his-success-a3243331.html
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

OGH/TSE, I have the outlines of a thread header for you. How does one get it to you?

LEAVE Thread - Via carrier pigeon routed through the Bedford Hawk Sanctuary in July.
    REMAIN Thread - Via secure speed of light broadband routed through M15.

:smiley:
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,280
    Congratulations to @foxinsoxuk . Also a special mention for John Looney whose entry gave the rest of us a secure floor.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Well with the number of Labour supporters on that list that firmly puts to bed that this is a right wing site. Well either that or Tories are crap at forecasting... :wink:
  • Options
    'An attack has been launched on Jeremy Corbyn and his Labour top team from an unusual source: the House of Commons library. Or at least through one librarian, who complained to QC and media commentator Jo
    lyon Maugham.

Today he recounted a conversation he’d had with one of the custodians of the library, where MPs go to source information for their debates and papers. It holds 350,000 items on history, politics and policy.

“Chatted to Labour-friendly House of Commons librarian over the weekend,” Maugham tweeted this morning, “who said requests from Labour MPs had gone down by about 90 per cent.”
    “Listening to some Labour performances on the floor of the Commons,” his acquaintance added, was “awful — many shadow ministers [are] making no effort to get on top of their briefs”.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/londoners-diary-corbyn-s-cabal-has-no-need-for-libraries-a3243571.html
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    Congratulations Dr Fox
  • Options
    Just seen an interview on local news with the new Bristol mayor. Looks ad sounds the part with a very good approach. Bristol are onto a winner here hopefully in comparison to the last idiot.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Well with the number of Labour supporters on that list that firmly puts to bed that this is a right wing site. Well either that or Tories are crap at forecasting... :wink:

Or they are realists ;)

Congrats to foxinsoxuk! Prognosticator of prognosticators, at least in terms of mayoral elections... ;)
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    Well done foxinsox.

A 'credible' 72nd for me!
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    HYUFD said:

Alongside the ICM poll mentioned in the last thread, Yougov has an EU poll out today showing Remain 42% Leave 40%

13% Do not know.
    What will make their mind up ?

Osborne on the new Peston show said that the treasury would be putting out advice, that leaving the EU , would put mortgages up in the short term and house prices would fall.

• Options
    edited May 2016

An omen ?? .... Ray Kennedy (Arsenal) came third ..... for those of us of a certain vintage
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

'An attack has been launched on Jeremy Corbyn and his Labour top team from an unusual source: the House of Commons library. Or at least through one librarian, who complained to QC and media commentator Jo
    lyon Maugham.

Today he recounted a conversation he’d had with one of the custodians of the library, where MPs go to source information for their debates and papers. It holds 350,000 items on history, politics and policy.

“Chatted to Labour-friendly House of Commons librarian over the weekend,” Maugham tweeted this morning, “who said requests from Labour MPs had gone down by about 90 per cent.”
    “Listening to some Labour performances on the floor of the Commons,” his acquaintance added, was “awful — many shadow ministers [are] making no effort to get on top of their briefs”.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/londoners-diary-corbyn-s-cabal-has-no-need-for-libraries-a3243571.html

If they needed further evidence, they might check Emily Thornberry’s performance on Sky News yesterday. “I don’t know the official definition of Defcon two,” the shadow defence secretary said, “but I can tell you that when I am secretary of state for defence I will know it.” Oh Labour, never change.

That made me laugh. :D Bet she said it utterly deadpan too.
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    murali_s said:

Well done foxinsox.

Pshaw, I look down on you from the heights of 62nd.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942
    Well done Mr Fox. Quite a month for you!
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942
    JackW said:

Mortimer said:

OGH/TSE, I have the outlines of a thread header for you. How does one get it to you?

LEAVE Thread - Via carrier pigeon routed through the Bedford Hawk Sanctuary in July.

Haha! Finished it now - actually looks beyond the referendum.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    murali_s said:

Well done foxinsox.

murali_s, winning here :D

At least you had a shot, unlike muggins here.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Moses_ said:

Or they are realists ;)

Congrats to foxinsoxuk! Prognosticator of prognosticators, at least in terms of mayoral elections... ;)
    One should expect no less of Dr Fox as he is a firm disciple of my ARSE.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Congrats to Dr. Foxinsox :)
  • Options
    Note to Peston
    Tidy yourself up you scruffy little git, get a shave and a scrub and don't lounge in your seat when asking a question. You are on the BBC National news after all.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    I'd completely forgotten about this competition, but I see I entered it.

Congrats to Dr Fox - impressive stuff!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Mr. Moses, didn't he move to ITV?

Agree entirely on the need to tidy up.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Note to Peston
    Tidy yourself up you scruffy little git, get a shave and a scrub and don't lounge in your seat when asking a question. You are on the BBC National news after all.

I thought he defected?
  • Options
    Shame there wasn't a Mayoral Turnout competition ..... it jumped markedly despite the predictability of the outcome.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
    Dr Fox is on a roll with this and his 3000-1 winner !
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Boris responding to the Eurofanatic smears:

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/729702156056592385
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,334
    HYUFD said:

Irrespective of the accuracy, that's a bit naughty - the Library prides itself on its neutrality, and if the librarian is identified by his colleagues - and there aren't very many of them - it'll be awkward for him both to be described as pro-Labour and to be used to have a go at shadow ministers.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    edited May 2016
    RobD said:

murali_s said:

Well done foxinsox.

murali_s, winning here :D

At least you had a shot, unlike muggins here.
    ....but i want a recount! How can folk above me have 'conservative' as the winner! Are these 'AV' rules :-)
  • Options
    SeanT said:

The whiff of panic, if not terror, is now unmistakeable, coming from the REMAIN camp.

@joncraig
    Sadiq Khan spokesman says PM told mayor he was "very keen for Sadiq to mobilise his election winning coalition" in support of staying in EU.

A mysterious ague spreads among them. Fearsome portents are seen by night. Mastiffs howl.

Why should REMAIN panic, you've told the world that REMAIN will win comfortably ?? .... :smile:
  • Options
    Yougov party figures

Tories 53% Leave 33% Remain, Labour 25% Leave 60% Remain, LD 25% Leave 69% Remain, UKIP 92% Leave 3% Remain
    https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/o7f6u41miv/GMB_Results_160506_UndecidedVoters_Webstie.pdf
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Mr. Moses, didn't he move to ITV?

Agree entirely on the need to tidy up.

Note to Peston
    Tidy yourself up you scruffy little git, get a shave and a scrub and don't lounge in your seat when asking a question. You are on the ITV National news after all.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,426
    Mortimer said:

JackW said:

Mortimer said:

Haha! Finished it now - actually looks beyond the referendum.
    Just caught up with your message.

Just vanilla message me with it or you can email it to Mike at

Mike at politicalbetting dotcom
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Irrespective of the accuracy, that's a bit naughty - the Library prides itself on its neutrality, and if the librarian is identified by his colleagues - and there aren't very many of them - it'll be awkward for him both to be described as pro-Labour and to be used to have a go at shadow ministers.
    Depends if he has got his facts right I suppose
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

lyon Maugham.

If they needed further evidence, they might check Emily Thornberry’s performance on Sky News yesterday. “I don’t know the official definition of Defcon two,” the shadow defence secretary said, “but I can tell you that when I am secretary of state for defence I will know it.” Oh Labour, never change.

Well given the likelihood of the present Shadow Cabinet forming the Government anytime soon you can understand some having a bit of a skive!
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    HYUFD said:

One Londoner sums up Khan's victory 'The difference between Sadiq and Khan is that one wanted to be the mayor of all 33 boroughs, the other gave the impression they would make an excellent mayor of Richmond'
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor/how-sadiq-khans-common-touch-proved-to-be-the-secret-of-his-success-a3243331.html

The difference between Sadiq and Khan is that one wanted to be .....

Evidence of a split personality?

Congrats to Mr Foxinsox.

Oh, and good evening, all.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Yorkcity said:

HYUFD said:

13% Do not know.
    What will make their mind up ?

Osborne on the new Peston show said that the treasury would be putting out advice, that leaving the EU , would put mortgages up in the short term and house prices would fall.

I expect some undecideds will only make up their minds in the final week, if they vote
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

lyon Maugham.

Well given the likelihood of the present Shadow Cabinet forming the Government anytime soon you can understand some having a bit of a skive!
    And, to be fair to her, we don't use DEFCON, I think ours is delightfully called BIKINI.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

The whiff of panic, if not terror, is now unmistakeable, coming from the REMAIN camp.

@joncraig
    Sadiq Khan spokesman says PM told mayor he was "very keen for Sadiq to mobilise his election winning coalition" in support of staying in EU.

A mysterious ague spreads among them. Fearsome portents are seen by night. Mastiffs howl.

Anything give you the impression that this is a one-issue obsessed administration ?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,426
    PB Remainers, always right, nothing more to learn.

Well done Dr Fox.
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone else is having this problem.

1) The site is expanding all conversations so all nesting is viable making threads huge.
    2) To correct edit function now only opens a very small window so difficult to see what you are editing( one line visible)
    3) Once the selection of the position of the cursor in edit window is made you can't change it to somewhere else without cancelling and reentering edit mode

This started over the weekend on Chrome. Never been an issue up to this moment. It makes using the site very difficult and also to read and to use.

I use chrome as I cannot log in on any other engine. Not sure why only chrome allows the log in.
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

lyon Maugham.

And, to be fair to her, we don't use DEFCON, I think ours is delightfully called BIKINI.
    At least easy to remember!
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    HYUFD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

lyon Maugham.

And great to remember when it goes down.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

1) The site is expanding all conversations so all nesting is viable making threads huge.
    2) To correct edit function now only opens a very small window so difficult to see what you are editing( one line visible)
    3) Once the selection of the position of the cursor in edit window is made you can't change it to somewhere else without cancelling and reentering edit mode

This started over the weekend on Chrome. Never been an issue up to this moment. It makes using the site very difficult and also to read and to use.

I use chrome as I cannot log in on any other engine. Not sure why only chrome allows the log in.

Yes all of the above. Although it only seems to expand the conversation I post to be fair and if i reload it shrinks back to just the top level and first nesting. But 2 and 3 are a huge pain in the arse. (Latest Chrome on either W8 or W10)
  • Options
    After today, perhaps Cameron needs to encourage people to vote with a show of tanks and military vehicles around June 22/23.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Basks in glory :-)

First the Prem title and now this.! My cup runneth over.
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

lyon Maugham.

To be fair she probably thinks DEFCON is what they apply to one of those non stick frying pans.
  • Options
    I was interested in this article & had a look, but it doesn't seem to say which is the asylum and who are the lunatics Mr Salmond reckons will be running it.

http://www.politico.eu/article/alex-salmond-lunatics-would-be-running-the-asylum-after-brexit-independence-eu-europe-day/
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

lyon Maugham.

And great to remember when it goes down.
    Will leave it there I think
  • Options

With a prize like that, I only hope you are really interested in politics!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744
    Nothing but luck!
  • Options
    Indigo said:

Moses_ said:

Yes all of the above. Although it only seems to expand the conversation I post to be fair and if i reload it shrinks back to just the top level and first nesting. But 2 and 3 are a huge pain in the arse. (Latest Chrome on either W8 or W10)
    I get the first 50 odd posts unnested, but all the others nested. A bit odd but tolerable.
  • Options
    a
    JackW said:

An omen ?? .... Ray Kennedy (Arsenal) came third ..... for those of us of a certain vintage
    I'll take that.... we're going to beat the goners at last..... huzzar
  • Options

Well done Dr Fox.

A doctor writes:

Those Leavers wanting to look at the NoJam of Feb 29th on Brexit for my prediction may well want to be sitting down with a large brandy for medicinal purposes.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Wrong twice ;)
    hopefully more than twice incl prediction content!!
  • Options

pb fantasy league was the big one though.. at least you've got TSE behind you
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited May 2016
    All the yummy mummies I work out with are seriously pissed off with the government over these new tests that went down today. Apparently they were not only harder than previous standards, but harder than the prep papers.

Lots of sharing of tales of kids in tears, not being able to finish, etc etc etc. Putting aside the rights and wrongs of making standards more rigorous, doesn't go down well when their precious little ones are upset.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

Moses_ said:

Dear Mr Moderator or Robert * waves*

Could something be done about this per chance oh mighty and most exalted ones of the OGH dynasty?

Ta in advance.....
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Well done Fox! A clear win for a REMAINER
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754

Well done Dr Fox.

A doctor writes:

Those Leavers wanting to look at the NoJam of Feb 29th on Brexit for my prediction may well want to be sitting down with a large brandy for medicinal purposes.
    typical bloody doctor

one minute you're telling us alcohol is bad for us next minute it's sink a bottle for your health :-)
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,329
    Congrats Doctor Fox!

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Why is Leicester winning every competition ? I demand an inquiry led by Chilcott.
  • Options
    Well I have been staring at election results here in the Philippines for the past 18 hrs and to be honest the results now are pretty much what they were 18hrs ago in percentage terms. Duterte's win was never in doubt, but the run for vice-president is about as tight as you can get and is going down to the wire, Marcos is currently about 120k votes ahead of his rival with about 6 million votes left to count.

As an outsider it was a remarkable sight, most impressive for seeing the incumbent President sitting in a plastic chair at his local elementary school patiently waiting for over an hour for his turn to vote it seems the when people here to go vote pretty much everyone is a plain citizen. In the busy areas people waited for 4 or 5 hours in temperatures well into the 40s for their turn to vote, and seems to cope with remarkable good humour with the inevitable breakdowns in voting machines.

How do you handle 40+ million voters selecting 30 or more candidates off several different lists, open schools all over the country and have voters sitting in the classrooms with their folder of voting slips poring over the options, and then eventually feeding them into an electronic vote counting machine for transmission to Manila.

There are some great pictures in today's Straits Times that give you a taste of the whole event
    http://www.straitstimes.com/multimedia/photos/in-pictures-filipinos-head-to-the-polls-for-the-philippine-general-election-2016
  • Options
    SeanT said:

@joncraig

There is something under the surface here that is causing these more and more ludicrous claims.

There have been so many now that the only ones left to use are death by black hole in the universe or build an arc coz by the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,060
    AnneJGP said:

HYUFD said:

The difference between Sadiq and Khan is that one wanted to be .....

Evidence of a split personality?

Congrats to Mr Foxinsox.

Oh, and good evening, all.
    Maybe he won because all the people who wanted Jemima Khan's brother to win voted for him?
  • Options
    Hat tip Guido

Normal precautions advised as the specific polls are not identified so could be voodoo.

Average of 6 polls Shows 50/50 vote split for remain / leave conducted between 25/04/16 and 03/05/16.

"This is why the fear factor was being ramped up by Cameron this morning. Nothing is working. The script had it that by this stage every official authority, foreign government, non-governmental organisation and international organisation backing the status quo would convince a fearful British public that poor old Blighty could not cope in the big bad world on her own. The Great British public seem to think “sod ’em all”…
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298

All the yummy mummies I work out with are seriously pissed off with the government over these new tests that went down today. Apparently they were not only harder than previous standards, but harder than the prep papers.

Lots of sharing of tales of kids in tears, not being able to finish, etc etc etc. Putting aside the rights and wrongs of making standards more rigorous, doesn't go down well when their precious little ones are upset.

you had me at "all the yummy mummies I work out with..."
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    SeanT said:

@joncraig

No I am not going to google ague but in any case that is tommyrot.

Remain aren't panicking. They have set out a position, with clarity, about their satisfaction with the new relationship Dave has negotiated between the UK and the EU.

Remainers cannot of course promise that at some point in the future, the leaders of "The 27", from deep within their volcanic lair, won't authorise an airstrike on Hull. Or get the ECJ to forbid all future referendums in the UK on the subject of the EU. Or...or...
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,817
    SeanT said:

@joncraig

Cameron's daft as a brush... And Osborne?
  • Options
    Roger said:

Well done Fox! A clear win for a REMAINER

Well done - but the ONLY thing a Remainer will win.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

@joncraig

Remain aren't panicking. They have set out a position, with clarity, about their satisfaction with the new relationship Dave has negotiated between the UK and the EU.

Remainers cannot of course promise that at some point in the future, the leaders of "The 27", from deep within their volcanic lair, won't authorise an airstrike on Hull. Or get the ECJ to forbid all future referendums in the UK on the subject of the EU. Or...or...
    new relationship ?

LOL
  • Options

When I did exams many moons ago, scoring 70% was regarded as being exceptional. Now the little darlings have never had to face adversity -which means that when they grow up they will lash out against it and demand Safe-Space.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

@joncraig

new relationship ?

LOL
    New relationship that will be ignored by future EU leaders, struck down by the ECJ, ignored in any case as the EU Army is formed (C-I-C: Jacques Delors), blah, blah, tinfoil hat, conspiracy theory, siamese cat...

Of course it is a new relationship. No ECU, no EZ/non-EZ discrimination and some other fluff also. No ECU codified by the 28 leaders in an EU document (yes, yes, I know it is not yet in a treaty dear god give me strength), is about as much a new relationship as it can get.

• Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    MP_SE said:

Boris has mobilized the English language and Cameron's gastrointestinal tract.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

@joncraig

new relationship ?

LOL
    New relationship that will be ignored by future EU leaders, struck down by the ECJ, ignored in any case as the EU Army is formed (C-I-C: Jacques Delors), blah, blah, tinfoil hat, conspiracy theory, siamese cat...

Of course it is a new relationship. No ECU, no EZ/non-EZ discrimination and se other fluff also. No ECU codified by the 28 leaders in an EU document (yes, yes, I know it is not yet in a treaty dear god give me strength), is about as much a new relationship as it can get.

you have a charmingly restricted perspective.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

lyon Maugham.

It was BIKINI when I worked on MoD sites but it's changed now to something boring ... UK Threat Level.

Yes, from 1970 it was Bikini. The state was always BLACK ALPHA for all the years I was at RNH Haslar. By the time they closed that place I think the wooden boards had rotted and fused into place! Ten years after the system was abolished the gates of the old HMS Rooke, Gibraltar, still show BLACK.

I believe that the lowest status, WHITE, was never actually used anywhere in all its 35 years.

• Options
    TOPPING said:

Of course it is a new relationship. No ECU, no EZ/non-EZ discrimination and some other fluff also. No ECU codified by the 28 leaders in an EU document (yes, yes, I know it is not yet in a treaty dear god give me strength), is about as much a new relationship as it can get.

Calm down, you are going to start embarrassing Meeks and Nabavi with your Europhilia, and your chance of changing anyone's mind here now is the square root of zero ;)
  • Options

MP_SE said:

But don't worry, despite every official Leaver explicitly citing immigration as a key concern (No.1 for BoJo), it's quite clear that the govt will go down the EFTA/EEA route after a Leave vote as it is the most sensible, etc, etc.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Moses_ said:

Hat tip Guido

Normal precautions advised as the specific polls are not identified so could be voodoo.

Average of 6 polls Shows 50/50 vote split for remain / leave conducted between 25/04/16 and 03/05/16.

"This is why the fear factor was being ramped up by Cameron this morning. Nothing is working. The script had it that by this stage every official authority, foreign government, non-governmental organisation and international organisation backing the status quo would convince a fearful British public that poor old Blighty could not cope in the big bad world on her own. The Great British public seem to think “sod ’em all”…

It is as if they did not notice that the fear-based "bitter together" campaign almost led to an independent Scotland. Remain needs to present a positive case for staying in (and likewise Leave for coming out).
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

MP_SE said:

But don't worry, despite every official Leaver explicitly citing immigration as a key concern (No.1 for BoJo), it's quite clear that the govt will go down the EFTA/EEA route after a Leave vote as it is the most sensible, etc, etc.
    Yes, I can definitely hear the sound of whistling :D
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

@joncraig

new relationship ?

LOL

Of course it is a new relationship. No ECU, no EZ/non-EZ discrimination and se other fluff also. No ECU codified by the 28 leaders in an EU document (yes, yes, I know it is not yet in a treaty dear god give me strength), is about as much a new relationship as it can get.

And you have an I wouldn't have started from here one.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Congratulations Dr Fox. Leicester, Mark Selby and this is the hat trick.

I'm marooned in fourth place in the Fantasy Football - the same as Jezza will be if he stays on until 2020.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,006
    weejonnie said:

When I did exams many moons ago, scoring 70% was regarded as being exceptional. Now the little darlings have never had to face adversity -which means that when they grow up they will lash out against it and demand Safe-Space.
    The "little darlings" have little chance of a decent job if their employer demands a II.1 and they don't have it, which is standard now.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Indigo said:

TOPPING said:

Calm down, you are going to start embarrassing Meeks and Nabavi with your Europhilia, and your chance of changing anyone's mind here now is the square root of zero ;)
    As I said, it is easy to have a rose-tinted view of what the UK is or should be or once was when you are 5,000 miles away.

For those of us who live here, we deal with the pragmatism of the situation.

Edit: sorry, that was unnecessarily rude.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,291

MP_SE said:

Think the objection came from poland and sweden - not sure it is good to keep it going but then who knows
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

@joncraig

new relationship ?

LOL

Not at all

I always start from here, it's just I wouldn't go in the direction of the Osbornites.

Cliffs and lemmings - bad mix.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Indigo said:

Moses_ said:

Hold on. I've never had threading. Have I missed a tick-box somewhere or are you running some extension or other?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited May 2016
    TOPPING said:

you had me at "all the yummy mummies I work out with..."
    LOL...one of the advantages of working for oneself ;-)
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Dilma !!!!
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Indigo said:

TOPPING said:

As I said, it is easy to have a rose-tinted view of what the UK is or should be or once was when you are 5,000 miles away.

and bad geography :-)
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

@joncraig

new relationship ?

LOL

Not at all

I always start from here, it's just I wouldn't go in the direction of the Osbornites.

Cliffs and lemmings - bad mix.
    What has Osborne got to do with the deal that Dave negotiated or is it a case of my enemy's enemy is my friend?
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Indigo said:

TOPPING said:

and bad geography :-)
    Dear god out by 2,000 miles. And I used to live in Honkers so I have no excuse.
This discussion has been closed.