Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Jeremy Corbyn has appointed Sir Keir Starmer as Shadow Brexit

SystemSystem Posts: 11,005
edited October 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Jeremy Corbyn has appointed Sir Keir Starmer as Shadow Brexit Secreretary and the Tories should be worried

Shad cabinet latest: @Keir_Starmer to shad Brexit, @jreynoldsMP to shad economic secretary. @helenlewis to live blog https://t.co/PMR5Yz1MRA

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    First like Jezza.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Glorious second!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,624
    Would shadow brexit secretary just consist of saying 'wouldn't have this problem if we'd remained'?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,880
    edited October 2016
    Second like Hammy in the F1 championship ...

Grrrr. Third like Ricci.

Fourth like Sebby.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @SkyNewsEditor: #UKIP #Breaking @joncraig understands Mike Hookem MEP denies punching Mr Woolfe, while admitting there was a 'verbal' confrontation
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,215
    Sixth like UkIP
  • Options
    Mike to me on Tuesday: Can you edit PB on Thursday, I'm busy, and nothing major is going to happen.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

Grrrr. Third like Ricci.

Oh dear... :D
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Scott_P said:

@SkyNewsEditor: #UKIP #Breaking @joncraig understands Mike Hookem MEP denies punching Mr Woolfe, while admitting there was a 'verbal' confrontation

"Mr Woolfe tripped and hit his head against the window, Officer".
  • Options

Mike to me on Tuesday: Can you edit PB on Thursday, I'm busy, and nothing major is going to happen.

Surely he has learned not to make such predictions by now?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,880
    RobD said:

Grrrr. Third like Ricci.

Oh dear... :D
    :)
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,049
    TSE- you are the most independent, free thinking, polemical poster on this site at the minute....good on you
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,214
    edited October 2016
    No admirer of David Davis, permanent winner of Tory shit of the year, every year, but Keir Starmer was a particularly indifferent DPP in the leanest of years, who has thus far made zero impact since his election last year, so I mildly demur from my most esteemed Rt. Hon Friend's thesis.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:

'After accidentally glancing against my inadvertently clenched fist'
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/784123563351633921

Must be a parallel universe, only The PM is appointing people to 'Great Offices of State.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,954
    edited October 2016
    Fpt.

There appears to be a God, and (s)he isn't Ted's.

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/784105917344284672
  • Options
    Great match Italy versus Spain....1-1, 5 mins to go
  • Options
    As da kidz say... pwned

You really can tell why jezza only managed 2 Es at a-level.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:

Officer in response: I do apologise for your most unfortunate accident on the police station steps tomorrow Sir....

....the good old days before PACE.....
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,123
    Losing Seamus Milne would be an improvement if no one replaced him. Total disaster.

I tend to agree with TSE that with Starmer against Davis we have finally got a match up between the shadow cabinet and the real cabinet that the shadow wins. I presumed that Davis was going to be the fall guy when something embarrassing happened in the Brexit negotiations but Fox is now so far in front for that role that Davis is likely to be around for a while. If only Labour had something to say.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    :):):)
  • Options
    @JohnO- for DD to win Tory shit of the year must be quite an achievement.....there's quite a lot of completion for such a crown
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    TSE hates David Davis, next.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Surely he has learned not to make such predictions by now?
    I think Mike does it deliberately.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Stop it

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,152
    Do you really think a dry lawyer who talks like a lawyer (however good a lawyer he is) is the person to take the fight to the Tories on this? Or the one who is going to persuade actual and potential Labour voters?

Given that Labour's position appears to be that:-

1. We should be out of the Single Market; and
    2. We should have free movement of people with no limits on immigration.

It's a point of view.

His time at the CPS was not covered in glory. Admittedly the CPS is filled with some real duffers as well as some good lawyers but my experience of them has been abysmal. And the CPS was criticized by the Commons during his time in charge as lacking consistency, leadership and vision.

He may be good on the Great Repeal Bill but as the person to sell Labour's Brexit policy to Labour voters I'm much less convinced. Forensic arguments in Parliament are not what will convince Labour voters.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    It'll be a good opportunity for Starmer to build his profile anyway, getting to talk about the political issue that is likely to dominate for the next few years. A potential pitfall is the lack of consensus about elements of Brexit within the Labour party, I doubt he shares Corbyn's lack of support for the single market and he's not the best located MP to talk about immigration as an inner city London MP.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

fpt for Max PB

I hear you, cuz. I also have my doubts about TMay. I'd have preferred Boris.

However, we are where we are, and at least she is a cunning politician - much more cunning than Cameron. I suspect she is a better negotiator than him, as well, and will serve the nation honourably during Brexit. She's also more acceptable to Scots, which is important right now.

Her statism annoys me, as it does you, but in the face of Corbyn, and in the knowledge that the white working classes deserve a champion (at last) I will let it go. For now. Let her bind up the wounds of an unequal country.

We can turn ourselves into Singapore-times-a-million later.

Yes the point is we can now choose who do vote for with them having a free hand to persue that direction unencumbered by European Law.

Sure it will be incorporated as UK law on day 1 but that means parliament can repeal bits of it as it sees fit.

Even if we as a country go mad and vote for Corbyn we can throw him out again in five years and start afresh.
  • Options
    tyson said:

@JohnO- for DD to win Tory shit of the year must be quite an achievement.....there's quite a lot of completion for such a crown

As Ted Heath put it

'The Tory Party consists of “shits, bloody shits and fucking shits.'
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,936
    Classic Canary style click bait header there Mr TSE. I approve.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    TYSON LOL
  • Options
    tyson said:

He was first awarded the acolade by the Tory whips in 1996 and hasn't let the side down since.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    JohnO said:

No admirer of David Davis, permanent winner of Tory shit of the year, every year, but Keir Starmer was a particularly indifferent DPP in the leanest of years, who has thus far made zero impact since his election last year, so I mildly demur from my most esteemed Rt. Hon Friend's thesis.

My mother knows Keir well - she was a key stakeholder when he was DPP. I shall not repeat her views for fear of attracting my learned friends attention to OGH.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

IanB2 said:

Scott_P said:

Officer in response: I do apologise for your most unfortunate accident on the police station steps tomorrow Sir....

....the good old days before PACE.....
    "You see Third World parliaments where this sort of thing happens. It’s not good. It shouldn’t happen. It’s two grown men, getting involved in an altercation. It’s not very seemly behaviour.” said principal witness Nigel... Edit/ clarification for the lawyers, apparently he wasn't in the room.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

DavidL said:

Losing Seamus Milne would be an improvement if no one replaced him. Total disaster.

I tend to agree with TSE that with Starmer against Davis we have finally got a match up between the shadow cabinet and the real cabinet that the shadow wins. I presumed that Davis was going to be the fall guy when something embarrassing happened in the Brexit negotiations but Fox is now so far in front for that role that Davis is likely to be around for a while. If only Labour had something to say.

Starmer is also a twat. And he will be utterly crippled by the fact his leader is a LEAVER, likewise his Shadow Chancellor. Prediction: he will be invisible, and achieve nothing.
    Being a twat does not mean that he is not miles better than Davis.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

The inspiration came from here

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/04/russell-brand-endorsed-labour-tories-should-be-worried
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

As da kidz say... pwned
    D
    They are both wrong , of course .

There are 4 great offices not 3. Hancock accepted the error but then included May (who was not one of the 3 offices Corbyn referenced).
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited October 2016
    I would wait to form opinions on Theresa. What has she actually done so far?

*Approval for Hinckley Point;
    *Approval for fracking;
    *Explicitly said A50 by March 2017 with an end to freedom of movement;

Hardly a Labour agenda.

Building more houses and cancelling unnecessary medical testing of the chronically ill straddle both right wing Labour and working class Tory lines, which are barely distinguishable on many subjects.

In fact, they are common sense.

• Options

tyson said:

As Ted Heath put it

That is a fantastic quote.......

Ted Heath is surely turning in his grave. But poor old Cameron.....I cannot even begin to imagine the agony he's experiencing; Theresa May is inflicting upon him the worst kind of living torture. It's pure vitriol.....
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Ave It

Tyson

SeanT

Just like the old days.
  • Options
    Charles said:

As da kidz say... pwned
    D
    They are both wrong , of course .

There are 4 great offices not 3. Hancock accepted the error but then included May (who was not one of the 3 offices Corbyn referenced).
    Betting on the year of first female Chancellor of the Exchequer?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

DavidL said:

SeanT said:

DavidL said:

Starmer is also a twat. And he will be utterly crippled by the fact his leader is a LEAVER, likewise his Shadow Chancellor. Prediction: he will be invisible, and achieve nothing.
    Being a twat does not mean that he is not miles better than Davis.
    Davis is not a twat. He's more of a clown and a chancer. Starmer is a proper twat. An overrated cunny.
    That is extremely harsh on clowns and chancers, some of whom can be quite amusing, especially the latter. You should be ashamed of yourself.
  • Options
    Forced to choose between Europe and the Open Sea we have chosen gloriously the Open Sea

https://youtu.be/lrShn8PeTz8
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

Mortimer said:

The inspiration came from here

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/04/russell-brand-endorsed-labour-tories-should-be-worried
    Always worth being reminded of what a complete twat Owen Jones is....
  • Options
    chestnut said:

I would wait to form opinions on Theresa. What has she actually done so far?

*Approval for Hinckley Point;
    *Approval for fracking;
    *Explicitly said A50 by March 2017 with an end to freedom of movement;

Hardly a Labour agenda.

Building more houses and cancelling unnecessary medical testing of the chronically ill straddle both right wing Labour and working class Tory lines, which are barely distinguishable on many subjects.

In fact, they are common sense.

Economic policy kindly donated by Ed, social and education policy kindly donated by Nigel.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    So I'm pissed in a massive lobster shack in Covent Garden and I'm thinking that mass immigration works fucking well
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Even accepting the quality of the leader can be critical, Milne has been terrible. Like direction in a film, you only really notice spin doctors when they are really good or really bad. He has constantly kept bad stories running and generally supported his leader terribly.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,280
    edited October 2016
    tyson said:

tyson said:

As Ted Heath put it

Ted Heath is surely turning in his grave. But poor old Cameron.....I cannot even begin to imagine the agony he's experiencing; Theresa May is inflicting upon him the worst kind of living torture. It's pure vitriol.....
    It is reported during the last Parliament, the Tory whips had a colour coding system for their MPs and crucial votes.

Blue - The loyal Tory MPs who would always vote with the government

Yellow - Loyal Tory MPs who would have a particular issue with that bill/vote, who would need persuading

Brown - For the shits who could be guaranteed to vote against the government no matter what. David Davis' colour was brown for the entirety of the last Parliament.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Ave It

Tyson

SeanT

Just like the old days.

Just missing tim for the quorum.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    In a big news day, surely the biggest news was learning that Charles is not yet a billionaire?

(Or so he says....)
  • Options
    @GuidoFawkes: BREAKING: Nia Griffith Shadow Defence Secretary, Clive Lewis Shadow Business Secretary order-order.com/2016/10/06/lab… pic.twitter.com/2SQzuPJtIX
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited October 2016
    kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Even accepting the quality of the leader can be critical, Milne has been terrible. Like direction in a film, you only really notice spin doctors when they are really good or really bad. He has constantly kept bad stories running and generally supported his leader terribly.
    Messing up the vice puff piece was a classic example, managing to let slip damaging info & piss off a self confessed corbynista.
  • Options

Forced to choose between Europe and the Open Sea we have chosen gloriously the Open Sea

Sunshine or wind; that's a tough one...
  • Options
    Oh yes - and Starmer was the DPP during Operation Elveden, during which archaic laws were used to bring charges against journalists which explicitly prevented them from mounting a public interest defence. Most of these cases were thrown out by the higher courts.

Yeah - a brilliant lawyer and so committed to press freedom. Ideal for Labour then. [Sarcasm alert.]
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Jobabob said:

Ave It

Tyson

SeanT

Just like the old days.

Just missing tim for the quorum.
    Who says he is missing....
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    dr_spyn said:
    It's racist....
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Ave It

Tyson

SeanT

Just like the old days.

The site always draws you back. Glad to see my old sparring partner JohnO up to his no good tricks too.

And for JohnO's benefit......Trotsky is still sound and well....... I know you care....

• Options
    IanB2 said:

Sunshine or wind; that's a tough one...
    Victory; we fight to win

Victory; is ours again

We are the scourge of the land and sea

Beastly Brexiters are we.
  • Options

tyson said:

tyson said:

As Ted Heath put it

It is reported during the last Parliament, the Tory whips had a colour coding system for their MPs and crucial votes.

Blue - The loyal Tory MPs who would always vote with the government

Yellow - Loyal Tory MPs who would have a particular issue with that bill/vote, who would need persuading

Brown - For the shits who could be guaranteed to vote against the government no matter what. David Davis' colour was brown for the entirety of the last Parliament.
    And 2005-10, 2001-05, 1997-2001 and 1992-97, (when he was the whip for Maastricht and then Minister for Europe constantly moaning that he should be promoted to Cabinet. He was reasonably servile 1987-92 though.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606
    SeanT said:

fpt for Max PB

However, we are where we are, and at least she is a cunning politician - much more cunning than Cameron. I suspect she is a better negotiator than him, as well, and will serve the nation honourably during Brexit. She's also more acceptable to Scots, which is important right now.

Her statism annoys me, as it does you, but in the face of Corbyn, and in the knowledge that the white working classes deserve a champion (at last) I will let it go. For now. Let her bind up the wounds of an unequal country.

Hmm, so far her cunning had been survival. I'm not convinced that she's got enough cunning to keep herself at the top, not without any major allies or power brokers in her camp. Remember that Dave kept the party disciplined by having Osborne dole out favours and jobs, who has she got?

Delivering budget after budget that increases state spending and with it taxes is going to wear down her natural support base and she'll be relying on there being no opposition, weirdly, on the centre right or economically liberal wing.

What irks me is that after years of Labour delivering big government she didn't learn those lessons, which makes me think she's not very smart. Definitely not as clever as Boris or Osborne. I think she realises it too, which makes her dangerous.
  • Options

In a big news day, surely the biggest news was learning that Charles is not yet a billionaire?

(Or so he says....)

Really? Must be an IHT dodge.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

@GuidoFawkes: BREAKING: Nia Griffith Shadow Defence Secretary, Clive Lewis Shadow Business Secretary order-order.com/2016/10/06/lab… pic.twitter.com/2SQzuPJtIX

Oh, superb. Bravo. Get rid of the soldier in Shadow Defence, and replace with a Welshwoman worried about cockles and bullying

http://niagriffith.org.uk/
    Jezza clearly hires based purely on ability!
  • Options
    tyson said:

Jobabob said:

Ave It

Tyson

SeanT

Just like the old days.

The site always draws you back. Glad to see my old sparring partner JohnO up to his no good tricks too.

And for JohnO's benefit......Trotsky is still sound and well....... I know you care....

I do and was very sad when your pussy cat was run over.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Agreed. Can't help feeling that the fiasco on the train must have been the final straw. Who thought that was a good idea?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Oh yes - and Starmer was the DPP during Operation Elveden, during which archaic laws were used to bring charges against journalists which explicitly prevented them from mounting a public interest defence. Most of these cases were thrown out by the higher courts.

Yeah - a brilliant lawyer and so committed to press freedom. Ideal for Labour then. [Sarcasm alert.]

The Simon Walsh case too.
  • Options
    @jimwaterson: Clive Lewis replaced at defence by the anti-Trident unilateralist Nia Griffith....

Jez just doesn't care anymore
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

Oh, superb. Bravo. Get rid of the soldier in Shadow Defence, and replace with a Welshwoman worried about cockles and bullying

Is she in favour of Trident, if no then that's why. Moving a Trident supporter away from defence was an absolute must for Corbyn.
  • Options
    wasdwasd Posts: 276
    It doesn't matter how good or bad Starmer is if Corbyn shifts the party line without even the curtesy of a text to let him know.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

Is she in favour of Trident, if no then that's why. Moving a Trident supporter away from defence was an absolute must for Corbyn.
    https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/784133508063195136
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited October 2016
    The Labour front bench is a bit like the Big Brother (now on C5 for series 36) household.

No one has the faintest idea who they are, and people have long given up caring. Only a few hundred thousand nuts take any notice.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

The Labour front bench is a bit like the Big Brother (now on C5 for series 36) household.

No one has the faintest idea who the are, and people have long given up caring. Only a few hundred thousand nuts take any notice.

And two always end up having shagged each other?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    DavidL said:

(Or so he says....)

Really? Must be an IHT dodge.
    Or perhaps he shares an accountant with the Trumpster.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

No one has the faintest idea who they are, and people have long given up caring. Only a few hundred thousand nuts take any notice.

Can we just ensure there are no evictions from it, ever?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

Of course. It was always Trident. He is hellbent on destroying Labour and remaking it in new purer unelectable form.

So much for the "Labour peace" predicted by Don Brind. Civil war it is.
    A new PB golden rule, if Don Brind makes a bold prediction about Labour, bet on the opposite.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

Of course. It was always Trident. He is hellbent on destroying Labour and remaking it in new purer unelectable form.

Not civil war. The PLP have surrendered. All Jezza now has to do is liquidate the Kulaks.
  • Options
    @PickardJE: It'll be a future pub quiz question for Westminster anoraks: who were the FOUR (at least) shadow defence secretaries in 2016?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

But who is left to fight, fight and fight again for the party they love?

If you want a half decent fight these days you have to pay attention to UKIP.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Scott_P said:

@PickardJE: It'll be a future pub quiz question for Westminster anoraks: who were the FOUR (at least) shadow defence secretaries in 2016?

Such questions are Sexist....
  • Options
    Still, who yesterday would have bet UKIP would nab the lead story on tonight's BBC News at Ten?
  • Options
    Anyone resigned from the Shadow Cabinet yet?
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Lawyers sticking together I see. Just like they will be against the wall when the revolution comes.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,937
    Scott_P said:

@jimwaterson: Clive Lewis replaced at defence by the anti-Trident unilateralist Nia Griffith....

So that kills hopes of Lewis being the Corbynista Messiah, he is now officially a Tory
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

The Simon Walsh case too.
    Yes, I'd forgotten that. An utter disgrace.

So another overrated lawyer with poor judgment and a disregard for individual rights and press freedom.

Being a good lawyer does not automatically make one a good MP. Grieve is a good lawyer and I think was good in his legal roles.

But to make the transition to an effective Minister or Shadow takes something more. I'm not sure Starmer has it. Apart from anything else, he always looks terrified or worried.

• Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,359
    SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Max PB

Hmm, so far her cunning had been survival. I'm not convinced that she's got enough cunning to keep herself at the top, not without any major allies or power brokers in her camp. Remember that Dave kept the party disciplined by having Osborne dole out favours and jobs, who has she got?

Delivering budget after budget that increases state spending and with it taxes is going to wear down her natural support base and she'll be relying on there being no opposition, weirdly, on the centre right or economically liberal wing.

What irks me is that after years of Labour delivering big government she didn't learn those lessons, which makes me think she's not very smart. Definitely not as clever as Boris or Osborne. I think she realises it too, which makes her dangerous.
    You have to accept that Cameron and Osborne, by their own measures, completely fucked up. They lost the biggest vote of their lives - an allegedly unlosable vote - through utter ineptitude. Through arrogance, stupidity and laziness. Overrated halfwits. I'm glad they lost but we must judge them as they judge themselves and on that basis they are the biggest failures in recent British political history. They were out-manuevered, comprehensively, by Farage and Boris, and yes even Ms May.

I don't want inept posh twats in charge of my country any more. Get rid of these flailing gimps. "I want to be prime minister because I think I'd be quite good at it". FUCK OFF.

Bring on the grammar school girls. They've served us well before.
    Is David Cameron the only PM ever to lose a referendum? (Accepting that there have been very few?)

DC was often criticised by the left for being out-of-touch (for which read 'posh') - and I never really bought it; or at least never really saw it as important; Posh people can be perfectly in touch. But actually, it proved his undoing; he completely misunderstood how eurosceptic Britain really was. A leader who better understood his own nation would have had a much better idea of what sort of a deal the British electorate would accept.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

You have to accept that Cameron and Osborne, by their own measures, completely fucked up. They lost the biggest vote of their lives - an allegedly unlosable vote - through utter ineptitude. Through arrogance, stupidity and laziness. Overrated halfwits. I'm glad they lost but we must judge them as they judge themselves and on that basis they are the biggest failures in recent British political history. They were out-manuevered, comprehensively, by Farage and Boris, and yes even Ms May.

I don't want inept posh twats in charge of my country any more. Get rid of these flailing gimps. "I want to be prime minister because I think I'd be quite good at it". FUCK OFF.

Bring on the grammar school girls. They've served us well before.

Oh yes, and I'm quite glad they fucked it. Very happy, in fact. However, it is clear that Osborne and Boris are both of incredible intellect, though Ossie doesn't have the common touch. Smarter than the PM, for sure.

I'm a Cameroon at heart (though maybe not as much as TSE) so I'm sceptical about TMay anyway, but so far her economic policies are basically Ed Miliband on steroids. Not exactly what I signed up and donate to the Tory party for.

On Dave's comment, it's one of those I can't get too worked up about. I sort of liked the fact that he went into politics on the basis that he'd be good at it rather than as part of some moral crusade as our current PM seems to be on. I want the leader to lead, not moralise.
  • Options
    JohnO said:

tyson said:

Jobabob said:

Ave It

Tyson

SeanT

Just like the old days.

I do and was very sad when your pussy cat was run over.
    Bless JohnO.....really very kind of you to remember...

• Options
    IanB2 said:

Still, who yesterday would have bet UKIP would nab the lead story on tonight's BBC News at Ten?

With Neil Hamilton given a prime-time slot.

Hur-hur-hur......
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

So that kills hopes of Lewis being the Corbynista Messiah, he is now officially a Tory
    We are all Tories now...
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,937
    edited October 2016
    MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Max PB

She is not increasing spending, just spreading austerity out beyond 2020 and making it less deep to soften the blow, she is also not raising taxes. However from Disraeli to Macmillan to May the Tories have never been a wholly economically liberal party but often quite paternalist, the Liberals actually have a longer history of laissez-faire, maintained today through the Orange Book group. There is also little appetite for a libertarian UKIP, it is is the populist version which has got them the votes
  • Options

Anyone resigned from the Shadow Cabinet yet?

I think that we are yet to hear from Charlie Falconer.

:-)
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

A new PB golden rule, if Don Brind makes a bold prediction about Labour, bet on the opposite.
    Has Rogerdamus been superseded by Donadamus?
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

Has Rogerdamus been superseded by Donadamus?
    Where is roger these days?
  • Options

IanB2 said:

With Neil Hamilton given a prime-time slot.

Hur-hur-hur......
    There is simply not enough popcorn in the world!
  • Options
    I have just got home and read the shadow cabinet news. Jeremy Corbyn must be a Tory plant. He simply must be. Diane Abbott as Home Secretary? It seems like he is deliberately alienating the white working class Brexit voters Labour need so much. He already had Emily Thornberry as shadow foreign and she mocked flying the England flag. Now someone with a long history of anti-white comments as shadow home. It defies belief.
This discussion has been closed.