Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corporeal on the GOP and project Dump Trump

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited October 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corporeal on the GOP and project Dump Trump

Trump hits GOP leadership while campaign struggles to defend him https://t.co/J5GyzUa2wn via @KyleDCheney | Getty pic.twitter.com/kWmW13KERo

Read the full story here

Comments

• First like..er..Clinton.
  • I have the popcorn ready for later on....don't let me down Donald, go total loco.
  • 619619 Posts: 1,784
    Second, like Trump
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @iainjwatson: Jack Dromey - who warned of a 'catastrophic defeat' when he resigned - returns to #labour front bench - as does Pat Glass
  • Scott_P said:

@iainjwatson: Jack Dromey - who warned of a 'catastrophic defeat' when he resigned - returns to #labour front bench - as does Pat Glass

Spineless....
  • foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

I have the popcorn ready for later on....don't let me down Donald, go total loco.

A borefest will not do Donald!
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited October 2016
    The alleged content of the Apprentice tapes is hot sauce: https://twitter.com/chrisdocnee/status/785159503419351040?s=09
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    edited October 2016
    Alistair said:

The alleged content of the Apprentice tapes is hot sauce:

Very much depends on the context. If this is the 'much worse' it could potentially be a damp squib.
  • Alistair said:

The alleged content of the Apprentice tapes is hot sauce: https://twitter.com/chrisdocnee/status/785159503419351040?s=09

The N word?

But but but the PB Trump Rampers told me African Americans were going to vote for Trump in record numbers. Even DC is in play for Trump..
  • jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261

I have the popcorn ready for later on....don't let me down Donald, go total loco.

Packers/ Giants tonight, but I will be watching bits of the debate on the laptop. It looks like Trump has nothing to lose right now so god only knows what he will come out with tonight.
  • Alistair said:

The N word?

But but but the PB Trump Rampers told me African Americans were going to vote for Trump in record numbers. Even DC is in play for Trump..
    Cannot remember anyone saying African-Americans were in play for Trump; it was more that they might not come out for HRC as they did for Obama.
    Isn't it a disgrace for a national news organisation to sit on something that could be electorally relevant at this point?
  • mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Alistair said:

The N word?

Cannot remember anyone saying African-Americans were in play for Trump; it was more that they might not come out for HRC as they did for Obama.
    Have a look at one or two full time posters.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,742
    edited October 2016

Alistair said:

The N word?

Still might.
    It'll only be the safe-space snowflakes obsessed with political correctness that'll be bothered by stuff like that.
  • They always say each POTUS campaign is the most expensive yet...this time it could be off the charts as the cost to the donald's brand dependent fortune could be billions.
  • AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

Isn't it a disgrace for a national news organisation to sit on something that could be electorally relevant at this point?

I've been trying to keep the whole thing at arm's length, because it all seems disgraceful to me. These two are the pick of the bunch? Really??
  • They always say each POTUS campaign is the most expensive yet...this time it could be off the charts as the cost to the donald's brand dependent fortune could be billions.

I'd guess there may be a whole raft of sexual harassment cases to be paid for as well..

The Apprentice tapes aren't controlled by NBC, trybare owned by the producer - who is a Trump supporter.
  • ThrakThrak Posts: 494

It's The Apprentice producer Burnett who owns them and he's ransoming them off for five million dollars. If I was a news organisation that could afford that sort of cash (and can they?), I'd tell him that any money paid for it has to go to relevant charities or no deal.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited October 2016
    Thrak said:

It's The Apprentice producer Burnett who owns them and he's ransoming them off for five million dollars. If I was a news organisation that could afford that sort of cash (and can they?), I'd tell him that any money paid for it has to go to relevant charities or no deal.
    That isn't the case. The 5 million is supposedly to pay the fine for breach of contract by an employee.

Think about it Burnett is worth 100s millions, if he wanted to release them he owns the rights & that kind of money is irrevelant.
    edited October 2016

Alistair said:

Very much depends on the context. If this is the 'much worse' it could potentially be a damp squib.
    The rumour is that this is the one that is the same level as pussy grab. The much worse is potentially a criminal offence.
    https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/785179324873895939

Mondale got 74% Dems if I remember correctly.
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

The rumour is that this is the one that is the same level as pussy grab. The much worse is potentially a criminal offence.
    No, the tweet clearly says they had heard from a source that the 'much worse' was the n-word.
  • Trump is tweeting a poll today that puts him 2% ahead of Clinton.

No idea as to where it stands on the Gold Standard tto Voodoo scale though:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/la-times-usc-dornsife-sunday-poll-donald-trump-retains-2-point-lead-hillary/
  • I have to say it is a little surprising that if trump regularly spouted awful stuff on mic over 10+ seasons of the apprentice that nothing has leaked before he even thought a out running for POTUS.

Think how for instance Christian bale has a terrible reputation in Hollywood & eventually somebody just went sod it & released him going ape shit.

Trump is tweeting a poll today that puts him 2% ahead of Clinton.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/la-times-usc-dornsife-sunday-poll-donald-trump-retains-2-point-lead-hillary/

La times? exactly one step up from voodoo
  • TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited October 2016
    Scott_P said:

@iainjwatson: Jack Dromey - who warned of a 'catastrophic defeat' when he resigned - returns to #labour front bench

Does he count as female as he was selected under AWS?

Thrak said:

That isn't the case. The 5 million is supposedly to pay the fine for breach of contract by an employee.

Think about it Burnett is worth 100s millions, if he wanted to release them he owns the rights & that kind of money is irrevelant.
    Hmm, ethically dodgy to pay for him breaking a contract. Maybe a private individual could stump up the cash.
  • Thrak said:

Thrak said:

Hmm, ethically dodgy to pay for him breaking a contract. Maybe a private individual could stump up the cash.
    Is it even legal? I don't know.

Was 3% yesterday and 4 % a few days ago.

Also they have issues with weighting, I think 538 would shift this to a 4 point Hilary lead.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

It does appear that Hattie has bigger balls than he does...
  • William_HWilliam_H Posts: 346

Thrak said:

Thrak said:

I've seen phone companies (I think, some sort of utility, anyway) say they'll pay your penalties for early cancellation with another firm.
    edited October 2016
    Scott_P said:

Talking of big balls...guy Martin attempting to break fastest speed on 2 wheels now on ch4
  • William_H said:

Thrak said:

Thrak said:

I've seen phone companies (I think, some sort of utility, anyway) say they'll pay your penalties for early cancellation with another firm.
    I think a better analogy would be an employee of one phone company leaking your personal data to the rival one.
  • Scott_P said:

Bigger balls? There was also that strange episode of Dromey's computer interests.
  • Scott_P said:

Bigger balls? There was also that strange episode of Dromey's computer interests.
    I seemed to remember he had rather niche interests.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,729
    619 said:

A most unfair and unworthy statement. The chicken entrails have a far greater chance of being accurate.
  • Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Thrak said:

Thrak said:

In English law it would be doubtful whether Burnett could enforce the clause against the employee, and a cursory Google suggests us law is the same. I doubt it would be illegal for a third party to agree to pay on the employee's behalf, it the penalty turns out to be enforceable.
    edited October 2016
    Ishmael_X said:

Thrak said:

Thrak said:

In English law it would be doubtful whether Burnett could enforce the clause against the employee, and a cursory Google suggests us law is the same. I doubt it would be illegal for a third party to agree to pay on the employee's behalf, it the penalty turns out to be enforceable.
    If that's the case, $5 million is chicken feed then. If the tapes have something terrible on them we will be hearing them.
    ydoethur said:

619 said:

A most unfair and unworthy statement. The chicken entrails have a far greater chance of being accurate.
    Ah... A vindaloo poll!
    weejonnie said:
    4000? decent for trump but we dont know how the independents are voting. or hispanic repubs...
  • corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549

Thrak said:

You could be cynical and say right now he's the centre of the story, and when/if the tapes come out he won't be.

Or that guys worth 100s of millions got there by leveraging all the profit they can out of every situation and they don't lose that habit.
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,979

538 don't grade the LA Times but they do use their polls. Historically it has a Republican bias of +4 so the lead of +2 for Trump translates to a lead of +2 for Clinton. It is a seven day moving average so it takes a little time to catch up with events.
  • nunununu Posts: 6,024

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

No, the tweet clearly says they had heard from a source that the 'much worse' was the n-word.
    Tha will firm up his base.
    weejonnie said:
    Very small numbers but they show the numbers by registered voters, not votes cast.

PPPPolls are showing only 70% of registered Republicans voting for Trump. If you apply that to the early returns, the Trump lead disappears.

Scott_P said:

Talking of big balls...guy Martin attempting to break fastest speed on 2 wheels now on ch4
    Talking of big Balls - he's through to the next round.
  • Got to love Guy Martin..."previous record holder crashed, rolled 16 times and that didn't kill him...so thats ok".
  • foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited October 2016
    Barnesian said:

weejonnie said:
    Very small numbers but they show the numbers by registered voters, not votes cast.

PPPPolls are showing only 70% of registered Republicans voting for Trump. If you apply that to the early returns, the Trump lead disappears.
    The other benchmark is the 2012 returns. In NC the Dems are ahead of their 2012 returns, are these FL returns ahead or behind past rates of return?
    Barnesian said:

weejonnie said:

Michael McDonald ‏@ElectProject Oct 8

Reps just shy of catching Dems in returned ballots, passed on requests last week (Reps prefer mail ballots, Dems in-person, so expected)

Reps are expected to have lead now due to using mail in ballots.
  • Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    What if Trump was caught on tape using he N word?
  • Nige appears finally to have broken (luvvie) America.

https://twitter.com/wilw/status/784820051979472896
    Y0kel said:

He would have to resign. If he trys to carry on, he will just have david dukes, scott baio and ted cruz left.
    Y0kel said:

It would help him with his base. Thats for sure, could actually be good for him as thats all he has left now.
  • Nige appears finally to have broken (luvvie) America.

https://twitter.com/wilw/status/784820051979472896

Cue Kippers and Trumpers* channelling this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3fWy9UMDHs

*One wonders what that Venn diagram looks like
    nunu said:

Y0kel said:

It would help him with his base. Thats for sure, could actually be good for him as thats all he has left now.
    Thats one the most wrong caricutures you could imagine.
  • Guy Martin confirmed totally bonkers.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    edited October 2016
    Which bell end thought scheduling the Japanese Grand Prix and a Presidential debate within 24 hours of each other was a good idea? #FuckingTimeZones
  • GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Y0kel said:

I said "bugger" on Radio4 a few years ago and it didn't do my career any harm.
  • GeoffM said:

Y0kel said:

If you had said Jeremy C##t you would now be a regular contributor.
    Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

the republican base are ok with him admitting to committing sexual assaults
  • GeoffM said:

Y0kel said:

Are you famous then GeoffM?

GeoffM said:

Y0kel said:

If you had said Jeremy C##t you would now be a regular contributor.
    Have a 'Like' for that.
    Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 30 Jun 2013

"@EDM___HEAD: @realDonaldTrump @EdandBev lyin ass nigga" Why does Paula D get destroyed and you can use the "N" word so freely, asshole?
    Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

not on the evidence thus far.
  • TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    619 said:

Second, like Trump

To satisfy my autistic side I feel compelled to ask what happens when you reach 619 posts.

GeoffM said:

Y0kel said:

Are you famous then GeoffM?
    Hahaha - not at all!
    I was on a quiz show and I gave the wrong answer to something that I knew.
    You can hear me mutter it under my breath instinctively.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    619 said:

Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

I doubt the 'evidence' in the tape would be enough to convict him in a court of law. The court of public opinion, perhaps.
    619 said:

Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

Are they? Perhaps they just see the alternative as President as worse.
    619 said:

Y0kel said:

He would have to resign. If he trys to carry on, he will just have david dukes, scott baio and ted cruz left.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/YayImOnline/status/784500681679908864
    RobD said:

619 said:

Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

I doubt the 'evidence' in the tape would be enough to convict him in a court of law. The court of public opinion, perhaps.
    a confession is evidence. He confessed to committing a crime
  • My first assessment (assuming Macron doesn't make waves) is that the most likely winner of the French Presidency is Juppé (62%) follwed by Le Pen (16%), Sarkozy (16%), Hollande (4%) and Montebourg (2.5%). Although I can check the markets iirc that makes Juppé value, as I think he was comfortably outside evens when I last checked.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    619 said:

RobD said:

619 said:

Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

Shock horror.. people lie, boast, and exaggerate.
  • Guy Martin - "She crashes well...normally on a motorbike it is tarmac, sky, tarmac, sky, tarmac, ambulance...and that didn't happen here".

Why the hell didn't he get the Top Gear gig?
  • TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    'Tho they are obverses maybe Trump and Corbyn might consider comparing notes. There do seem to be parallels.
  • 619 said:

RobD said:

619 said:

Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

Not good enough evidence to convict.
  • 619 said:

RobD said:

619 said:

Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

Probably not good enough to get to trial if I remember my US evidentiary standards briefing.
  • This is why I love bloody love Joss Whedon

https://twitter.com/joss/status/784876219774988292
  • Pop quiz hot shots, does anyone know the link between Joss Whedon and Seumas Milne?

619 said:

RobD said:

619 said:

Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

Probably not good enough to get to trial if I remember my US evidentiary standards briefing.
    I think you got away with it.
  • EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    Re: returned postal ballots, surely a lot of Republicans must be fully intending to return them, but sitting on them to see if they'll have to write in a candidate, or for that matter weighing up voting for Johnson.
  • TonyETonyE Posts: 938

Guy Martin - "She crashes well...normally on a motorbike it is tarmac, sky, tarmac, sky, tarmac, ambulance...and that didn't happen here".

Why the hell didn't he get the Top Gear gig?

Because Top Gear Don't do Motorcycles. That's a mistake at this point. It needs some fresh blood, and I think he'd be interesting foil for Le Blanc
  • weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    ydoethur said:

619 said:

La Times may be skewed to the GOP - but presumably the trend would be pretty accurate.

At the moment of course things are not developing necesserilly to Trump's advantage - but there are 4 weeks to go.

Pop quiz hot shots, does anyone know the link between Joss Whedon and Seumas Milne?

Place of education? Only thing that could possibly link them.
  • Alistair said:

Pop quiz hot shots, does anyone know the link between Joss Whedon and Seumas Milne?

Yup
  • EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    weejonnie said:

ydoethur said:

619 said:

La Times may be skewed to the GOP - but presumably the trend would be pretty accurate.

At the moment of course things are not developing necesserilly to Trump's advantage - but there are 4 weeks to go.
    The media cycle could move on from Trump's comments, just as it did from Hillary's incident at the 9/11 memorial, which now seems to be forgotten. However, the mass withdrawal of Republican bigwig support looks like the real game-changer.
    weejonnie said:

ydoethur said:

619 said:

understatement of the year
    edited October 2016
    Essexit said:

Re: returned postal ballots, surely a lot of Republicans must be fully intending to return them, but sitting on them to see if they'll have to write in a candidate, or for that matter weighing up voting for Johnson.

The Democrat's theory of voter modeling says there are very few real undecideds. Only people who have yet to be convinced to vote for their natural party. Debate 1 in 2012 combined Republicans to vote but not work of them, debate 2 and 3 combined Obama voters to vote.
  • How's that gropey, mangy stuff workin' out for ya?

https://twitter.com/AskingAmy/status/784853613302669312

Alistair said:

Yup
    Where?
  • Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Yup
    Where?
    Winchester.
  • Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    619 said:

Y0kel said:

nunu said:

Y0kel said:

That sounds to me like a completely bollocks over generalisation, and certainly not one that I would buy from anyone other than an American, which i assume you are not. What I am not clear about is why you keep writing posts which really boil down to "I hate Trump" - which is fair enough but not illuminating. If you are just doing your best to ensure we all get out and vote for Hillary on 8 November, I am afraid you are labouring under a misapprehension.

Not complaining, just curious.
  • weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Essexit said:

weejonnie said:

ydoethur said:

619 said:

The media cycle could move on from Trump's comments, just as it did from Hillary's incident at the 9/11 memorial, which now seems to be forgotten. However, the mass withdrawal of Republican bigwig support looks like the real game-changer.
    Does it - Trump is the 'anti-establishment' candidate in effect if not in name. The fact that the establishment are dropping him could be construed positively.
  • ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    There's one thing conspicuous by its absence in that report.
  • weejonnie said:

Essexit said:

weejonnie said:

ydoethur said:

619 said:

Does it - Trump is the 'anti-establishment' candidate in effect if not in name. The fact that the establishment are dropping him could be construed positively.
    Not in GOTV/campaigning efforts.

The GOP infrastructure have dumped Trump/gone on strike.

It seems inconceivable Trump can win without their day to day/operational support.
This discussion has been closed.