Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New YouGov polling finds REMAIN voters far from being reconcil

SystemSystem Posts: 11,682
edited October 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New YouGov polling finds REMAIN voters far from being reconciled to leaving EU

var embedDeltas={"100":838.8,"200":675.8,"300":593.8,"400":566.8,"500":539.8,"600":539.8,"700":512.8,"800":512.8,"900":512.8,"1000":512.8},chart=document.getElementById("datawrapper-chart-Z0n9y"),chartWidth=chart.offsetWidth,applyDelta=embedDeltas[Math.min(1000, Math.max(100*(Math.floor(chartWidth/100)), 100))]||0,newHeight=applyDelta;chart.style.height=newHeight+"px";

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,123
    Bloody pessimists.....
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

Bloody pessimists.....

Maybe they've just seen their wealth, in international terms, erode by 17%
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,435
    edited October 2016
    So much for all those soft remainers switching to Leave that PB leavers assured me was happening.

Mind you PB leavers said prior to June 23rd we wouldn't get a Hard Brexit.

PB Leavers, wrong then, wrong now.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @chrisshipitv: Downing Street refuse to say if @Nissan CEO is coming in for a Brexit chat with the PM. Unfortunately for No10 cameras filmed him walking in
  • Options
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,990
    Scott_P said:

@chrisshipitv: Downing Street refuse to say if @Nissan CEO is coming in for a Brexit chat with the PM. Unfortunately for No10 cameras filmed him walking in

Doesn’t mean it was a Brexit chat, though. Might have just been passing!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

The EU will be begging us for a trade deal. Like Canada...
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited October 2016

So much for all those soft remainers switching to Leave that PB leavers assured me was happening.

Wasn't it said prior to June 23rd that we'd stop EU contributions, negotiate our own trade deals, Leave the ECJ and control immigration.

Isn't it being said now the we will negotiate our own trade deals, Leave the ECJ and control immigration? Noticeably a complete halt to contributions was not in May's speech.

So Brexit today is currently softer than what was promised prior to June 23.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

No because I say so, rarely turns out well!
  • Options

Scott_P said:

What about no because you said so?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

But this is "No, because YOU said so..."

EDIT: JINX
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    No thread on the monstrous Tory lead then? A shame.... :p
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Scott_P said:
    That is basically begging the SNP to hold a vote on having the Referendum for realsies and setting a date.

May then refuses?
    Scotland then holds pseudo Referendum?

I don't get May's angle here.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,280
    edited October 2016
    In the same YouGov survey the "UK right/wrong to leave" question has moved almost to neck and neck (45% v 44% in favour of "right to leave") - which suggests those posting here that, were the referendum to be held again, there would now be an overwhelming leave vote may be engaging in some wishful thinking.

That said, of course the circumstances of such a second vote would influence the vote and I fully recognise the Winchester phenomenon.

Nevertheless the view that after the vote most people now think leaving the EU is a good idea appears to be challenged by the polling.
  • Options
    Do these Yougov figures overstate the number of 18-24 voters compared to the 65+ voters, that will actually vote?
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,153
    edited October 2016
    Also from Bloomberg:

L’Oreal to Be ‘Cautious’ on U.K. Price Hikes After Pound’s Slump

Because it's not worth it.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,672

Anyhoo we're getting it hard.

twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/786882161752276992

Tusk says its that or 'No Brexit'

No thread on the Conservative Conference bounce and 14 point lead versus Labour, or May's commanding 'Best PM' scores?

Funny that.....
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

In the same YouGov survey the "UK right/wrong to leave" question has moved almost to neck and neck (45% v 44% in favour of "right to leave") - which suggests those posting here that, were the referendum to be held again, there would now be an overwhelming leave vote may be engaging in some wishful thinking.

That said, of course the circumstances of such a second vote would influence the vote and I fully recognise the Winchester phenomenon.

Nevertheless the view that after the vote most people now think leaving the EU is a good idea appears to be challenged by the polling.

I think most people saying a second vote would be more emphatic are saying so precisely because of the Winchester phenomenon. What's done is done now let's get on with it.
  • Options

No thread on the Conservative Conference bounce and 14 point lead versus Labour, or May's commanding 'Best PM' scores?

Funny that.....
    Even Gordon Brown and Ed Miliband got conference bounces.

Plus Mike and I aren't writing any threads on VI polls until we've read Justin's contribution on why this poll shows Labour on course to win in 2020
  • Options

Scott_P said:

What about no because you said so?
    "I said I loved you but I’ve met someone else “ comes to mind.
  • Options
    RobD said:

No thread on the monstrous Tory lead then? A shame.... :p

Or May's 'Best PM' scores......

Do you think OGH & TSE missed those?
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

As someone might once have said: Polling vs PB Leaver anecdote.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Plus Mike and I aren't writing any threads on VI polls until we've read Justin's contribution on why this poll shows Labour on course to win in 2020

Good thinking, I think you should do the same for US polling and wait for Plato to unskew them before writing about them.
  • Options
    2016 vs 1998
    In 12 ICM polls in 1998, Labour's lead was between 13 and 25 points. Just one of them was under 15. In 1998 Labour lost 197 council seats.
    As an indicator of the future GE of 2001, council seat loss in 1998 was a very poor indicator.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

I am really struggling to grasp May's thinking here
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    edited October 2016
    New Hampshire - WBUR - Sample 501 - 10-12 Oct

Clinton 46 .. Trump 41

http://www.wbur.org/politicker/2016/10/14/poll-trump-clinton-new-hampshire
  • Options

Do these Yougov figures overstate the number of 18-24 voters compared to the 65+ voters, that will actually vote?

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

18-24: -35
    25-49: -12
    50-64: +13
    65+ : +37
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

Let them do a bad job so mummy can take over and deliver solid deal?
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Hannity last night

https://youtu.be/BLCVaTPsu4A
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

Politicians should stick to agreements?

If Sturgeon can blithely ignore the Edinburgh agreement, what's to stop her ignoring a referendum result?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited October 2016
    FPT:

Not sure if this link has already been posted. It's got some good info on the Brexit negotiating priorities of different EU countries, and also conveniently summaries some of the trade and migration statistics by country:

http://cicero-group.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Brexit-negotiations-The-View-from-the-EU.pdf

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

Probably cold politics. Those North of the Border that feel strongly against Independence will stick with, or switch to, Ruth. The majority pissed off with English intransigence will stick with or switch to the SNP. In the short run the losers are Labour and the LibDems.

Plus it's an extra distraction May doesn't need; Brexit is looking challenging enough already .

But it is playing with fire if it fuels desire for independence. Thwarting genuinely supported independence demands often doesn't end well.
  • Options

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

A massive Remain majority for those of working age, who pay for the country.

Who'd a thunk it?
  • Options
    Two points on topic:
    1. It wasn't really about economics though was it?
    2. There was no mention of timeframe. I'm as dyed-in-the-wool a Brexiter as any. Even I accept that short term the EU may be able to inflict some economic pain on us for very daring to be so rude. Medium to long term we'll be streets ahead. This was, after all, a decision for the ages. Brexit is for life not just for Christmas.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Good thinking, I think you should do the same for US polling and wait for Plato to unskew them before writing about them.
    Second LOL from your posts today. Bravo!
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

FPT:

Not sure if this has already been posted. It's got some good info on the Brexit negotiating priorities of different EU countries, and also conveniently summaries some of the trade and migration statistics by country:

http://cicero-group.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Brexit-negotiations-The-View-from-the-EU.pdf

Very useful. Thanks.

• Options
    I'm not sure why Mike says this YouGov survey shows that Remainers aren't reconciled to the result. It shows that they still think there will be economic damage, which is hardly a controversial point and in any case is different from not being reconciled to the result.
  • Options
    Except that's for one year only.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Clinton 46 .. Trump 41

The NH polling seems to show quite a variable gap. I thought Dems were still campaigning there due to the senate race but maybe that are still worried a bit about the presidential?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Can the NHS struggle on for those 12 months?
  • Options
    At least Nicola Sturgeon has got something right this week

Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP today warned they could torpedo Theresa May’s plans for more grammar schools.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/sturgeon-in-threat-to-halt-may-s-grammar-school-plan-in-teacher-pay-row-a3369366.html
  • Options
    I think May has got this right. They had a "once in a lifetime" vote on Scottish independence 2 years ago and they want another one already. If this fails they'll just keep coming up with excuses to call another one until they get the "right" result.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

Who'd a thunk it?

A massive Leave majority for those who have contributed longest to this country, and with the most experience.

• Options

RobD said:

Can the NHS struggle on for those 12 months?
    Probably. Anyway, what's another £20bn on the national debt?
  • Options

Heart of igneous rock etc.

twitter.com/AutonomScotland/status/786891910258520064

"could"

• Options

At least Nicola Sturgeon has got something right this week

Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP today warned they could torpedo Theresa May’s plans for more grammar schools.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/sturgeon-in-threat-to-halt-may-s-grammar-school-plan-in-teacher-pay-row-a3369366.html

Anyone for EVEL-max?
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited October 2016

I'm not sure why Mike says this YouGov survey shows that Remainers aren't reconciled to the result. It shows that they still think there will be economic damage, which is hardly a controversial point and in any case is different from not being reconciled to the result.

With the theme running through the broadcast media and Hammond's speech and the BoE Governor it is hardly surprising to find pessimism and Remain voters saying "I know why i voted". The surprise is that so few Leave have regrets at this point in the media blitz.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,845
    Jobabob said:

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

Who'd a thunk it?
    Most of the over 65's will have spent 40 to 50 years working and paying taxes.
  • Options

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

If Sturgeon can blithely ignore the Edinburgh agreement, what's to stop her ignoring a referendum result?
    The Edinburgh agreement says nothing about generations, once or otherwise.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Alistair said:

JackW said:

Clinton 46 .. Trump 41

The NH polling seems to show quite a variable gap. I thought Dems were still campaigning there due to the senate race but maybe that are still worried a bit about the presidential?
    The Senate and Gubernatorial races are very tight and POTUS just on the edge of interesting. Resources are not short in the state, so the Clinton campaign are being cautious.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited October 2016
    Why are you re-posting things that have been posted before as if it is a new thing? As rc1000 pointed out the EU owes us about 30bn in assets.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Patrick said:

Two points on topic:
    1. It wasn't really about economics though was it?
    2. There was no mention of timeframe. I'm as dyed-in-the-wool a Brexiter as any. Even I accept that short term the EU may be able to inflict some economic pain on us for very daring to be so rude. Medium to long term we'll be streets ahead. This was, after all, a decision for the ages. Brexit is for life not just for Christmas.

Whilst I can understand all the political and emotional arguments for Brexit, the bit I don't see is why or how we will ever be "streets ahead" in terms of economic performance?

Our opt outs and non-membership of the Euro insulate us from those aspects of the EU that could potentially hinder our economic performance.

Our trading position outside the EU is going to be very exposed for many years, and even on a positive view of the trade agreement process it is going to be a lot of work and a long time just to get back to break even.

Our recent growth depends on immigration, as Boris well knows, and it will be a struggle to find an immigration solution that doesn't hinder our economy. Very best case is break even.

Outside the EU we will still have to comply with EU trading standards - just as Norway does and just as Canada follows all the US standards

I don't buy the Farage-type neo-liberal/de-regulation agenda, but even if you do, it would be remarkable if Brexit led to such politics in the UK - all the signs are that it is fuelling (or reflects) a desire for more statism and intervention.

And Brexit has already forced the government to abandon its deficit reduction plan, which both it and the general consensus previously viewed as essential to safeguard our economic future.

So where's the upside?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

It did say something about respecting the result.
  • Options
    RobD said:

What about the assets that we own? Worth many billions - could be cancelled off.
  • Options
    RobD said:

And is equivalent to what we would have been paying in that year had we stayed in.

Are the people who make these claims really that thick that they think these things won't be pointed out straight away.
  • Options

Fair point.
  • Options

RobD said:

What about the assets that we own? Worth many billions - could be cancelled off.
    I'm sure there will be some fudge to cover it.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

Who'd a thunk it?
    I don't see that. Of 18-24 year olds 68% are NOT in full time work. There is little doubt that age cohort is an immediate net drain on the country until later in life when able to pay student loans etc back.

Those who are most likely to be on highest tax rates are in the 50 to 64 category and are a Leave majority.

Finally you are aware pensioners pay tax too right? Or did your ignorance not cover that aspect.
  • Options

FPT:

Not sure if this link has already been posted. It's got some good info on the Brexit negotiating priorities of different EU countries, and also conveniently summaries some of the trade and migration statistics by country:

Another great read! Thanks:

Spain: Spain will not play as signicant a role in exit negotiations as it should, due to domestic distractions, however it will seek to prioritise sovereign disputes around Gibraltar and undermine any attempts by parts of the UK to negotiate varying levels of EU membership.
  • Options

RobD said:

And is equivalent to what we would have been paying in that year had we stayed in.

Are the people who make these claims really that thick that they think these things won't be pointed out straight away.
    Apparently.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Scott_P said:
    That is basically begging the SNP to hold a vote on having the Referendum for realsies and setting a date.

May then refuses?
    Scotland then holds pseudo Referendum?

I don't get May's angle here.

The SNP needs a specific mandate for a new referendum. If it puts a specific referendum commitment in a manifesto for either the Holyrood or the UK election and then wins, there is no way that the government in Westminster could ignore that.

• Options

Funny that.....
    ...Plus Mike and I aren't writing any threads on VI polls until we've read Justin's contribution on why this poll shows Labour on course to win in 2020
    A "When hell freezes over" rule.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Jobabob said:

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

Who'd a thunk it?
    Only to pull us out of the single market when they are no longer directly affected by the economic impact.
  • Options

RobD said:

In the few braincells that remainers have the EU is all powerful and glorious, not only will they force us to pay £18bn, they will also expropriate the £25bn in assets we jointly own in the EU. The EU is life.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Alistair said:

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

And the result was respected until there was a major change in circumstances. The SNP said all along a Brexit vote would change things and quite right too when the No campaign said that Scotland needed to vote No to stay in the EU.

Time to settle this once and for all Quebec style.
  • Options

I thought it had been established that it doesn't matter what Remainers think, anyway.

• Options
    Jobabob said:

Sean_F said:

Jobabob said:

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

Who'd a thunk it?
    Only to pull us out of the single market when they are no longer directly affected by the economic impact.
    With age comes wisdom.
  • Options

Fair point.
    Not really. If you dig into the data and other questions asked, it appears that more people think leaving the EU is a bad idea now than on 23rd June - it's almost 50-50 among those who expressed a view.
  • Options

RobD said:

Alistair said:

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

And the result was respected until there was a major change in circumstances. The SNP said all along a Brexit vote would change things and quite right too when the No campaign said that Scotland needed to vote No to stay in the EU.

The SNP also said stuff about 'generations', which was Alistair's point.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,094
    edited October 2016

Why are you re-posting things that have been posted before as if it is a new thing? As rc1000 pointed out the EU owes us about 30bn in assets.
    'Cos it annoys dicks?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

Probably cold politics. Those North of the Border that feel strongly against Independence will stick with, or switch to, Ruth. The majority pissed off with English intransigence will stick with or switch to the SNP. In the short run the losers are Labour and the LibDems.

Plus it's an extra distraction May doesn't need; Brexit is looking challenging enough already .

But it is playing with fire if it fuels desire for independence. Thwarting genuinely supported independence demands often doesn't end well.
    Yes, I cannot see how telling the Scots they can't do something is in any way wise. Their national character is to push back against being bossed about by the English.

In any case, as has been noted on PB several times before, Scotland is constitutionally an equal partner in the Union. She has the right to leave that voluntary union at the time of her own choosing.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Jobabob said:

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

Who'd a thunk it?
    True, but that's not really the point, is it? They are now drawing on assets that they are relying upon the younger working population to generate.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Jobabob said:

Sean_F said:

Jobabob said:

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

Who'd a thunk it?
    With age comes wisdom.
    Not necessarily.

https://www.askideas.com/media/48/Donald-Trump-Making-Funny-Face-Photo.jpg
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

IanB2 said:

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

Yes, I cannot see how telling the Scots they can't do something is in any way wise. Their national character is to push back against being bossed about by the English.

In any case, as has been noted on PB several times before, Scotland is constitutionally an equal partner in the Union. She has the right to leave that voluntary union at the time of her own choosing.
    Legally, she doesn't. Constitutional matters are a reserved power for the UK Parliament.
  • Options

I thought it had been established that it doesn't matter what Remainers think, anyway.

Yes, after all, what are 16 million people going to do about it when the traitorous pinko subversives are LOCKED UP IN THE TOWER?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Jobabob said:

IanB2 said:

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

I agree with you - but those are really arguments in principle. My point was that, in practice and in the short term, there isn't much downside for May in being intransigent. Indeed it will probably boost Tory support north of the border.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Fair point.
    Not really. If you dig into the data and other questions asked, it appears that more people think leaving the EU is a bad idea now than on 23rd June - it's almost 50-50 among those who expressed a view.
    Yougov steadily shows a lead of 1-4% in favour of those who think leaving the EU was the Right thing, compared to a small lead in favour of Remain, in the last week of the campaign, so it does look as though there has been a small shift to Leave since then.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699

2016 vs 1998
    In 12 ICM polls in 1998, Labour's lead was between 13 and 25 points. Just one of them was under 15. In 1998 Labour lost 197 council seats.
    As an indicator of the future GE of 2001, council seat loss in 1998 was a very poor indicator.

On the contrary , the 1998 local elections had Labour leading the Conservatives in NEV share by 38% to 32% ( they lost only 88 seats not 197 .. The 1999 results were better for the Conservatives but Labour still had a lead in NEV
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

IanB2 said:

Fair point.
    Yougov steadily shows a lead of 1-4% in favour of those who think leaving the EU was the Right thing, compared to a small lead in favour of Remain, in the last week of the campaign, so it does look as though there has been a small shift to Leave since then.
    Go look at the data - and the comparison with the same questions last month. The trend is the other way.
  • Options
    @britainelects: Scottish independence poll:
    Yes: 39%
    No: 47%
    (via BMG / 28 Sep - 04 Oct)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    IanB2 said:

Sean_F said:

Jobabob said:

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

Who'd a thunk it?
    True, but that's not really the point, is it? They are now drawing on assets that they are relying upon the younger working population to generate.
    The original point is that they are somehow, spongers, whose votes are less legitimate than younger age cohorts.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Yes, after all, what are 16 million people going to do about it when the traitorous pinko subversives are LOCKED UP IN THE TOWER?
    And building such a large tower will be a huge infrastructural investment boost for the economy.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Alistair said:

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

The SNP also said stuff about 'generations', which was Alistair's point.
    Did anyone define how long a generation is? Since the last Scottish referendum we have voted to Leave the EU and my second daughter has been born. Her "generation" wasn't alive when we had the last vote.

Being reasonable there has been a major change to the facts on the ground.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    ''Time to settle this once and for all, Quebec style.''

There is undoubtedly a strong case for another referendum. There have been some big material changes.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Good for Yes, undoubtedly.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Good afternoon, everyone.

F1: Hulkenberg set to join Renault. Not officially announced, but that's expected presently:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37654765
  • Options

'Cos it annoys dicks?
    A comment that says more about you.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Jobabob said:

I wasn't around on here much pre-June 23, but my impression was of a lot of PB Leavers offering anecdotes suggesting that Leave might actually win, and a lot of polling saying it was in the bag for Remain.

So, your point is...?

And it is silly trying to portray polling as a science. If you think it is because psephology has ology in it, say hello to phrenology and astrology.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    Scott_P said:

What will the SNP do when it loses a second time ?
  • Options
    FeersumEnjineeyaFeersumEnjineeya Posts: 3,898
    edited October 2016
    Most surprising to me is the large proportion of Leave voters who think we'll be economically better off after leaving the EU. I thought the predominant view among Leavers was that the UK may well be economically worse off following Brexit, but that this was a price worth paying for the sake of democracy and sovereignty.

It does tend to imply that there'll be a lot of angry Leavers if things don't pan out well economically after leaving the EU.
  • Options

RobD said:

Alistair said:

Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

Yes, I say bring it on. If the SNP loses this time then it's done, forever. A shame for those who want independence but I don't see how the fundamentals have changed not enough to swing 6 points from No to Yes, possibly more with low oil prices.

Both the A50 enabling act and SindyRef2 need to be pushed through. It will settle all arguments once and for all.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

I wasn't around on here much pre-June 23, but my impression was of a lot of PB Leavers offering anecdotes suggesting that Leave might actually win, and a lot of polling saying it was in the bag for Remain.

So, your point is...?

And it is silly trying to portray polling as a science. If you think it is because psephology has ology in it, say hello to phrenology and astrology.
    The leads ranged from 2% Leave to 10% Remain in the final week.
  • Options

'Cos it annoys dicks?
    A comment that says more about you.
    Yep.
    It says I like it when dicks get annoyed.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

IanB2 said:

Sean_F said:

Jobabob said:

Interesting age skew:

Net 'right to leave':

Who'd a thunk it?
    The original point is that they are somehow, spongers, whose votes are less legitimate than younger age cohorts.
    You inferred that. I said no such thing. I merely pointed out that Remain has a large majority among the economically active.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Mr. Enjineeya, can't speak for others, but my view is that we'll have economic turbulence over the short or medium term but that long term the economy is better served out of the EU.
This discussion has been closed.