Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » White House race turnout betting

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited October 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » White House race turnout betting

// < ![CDATA[ var embedDeltas={"100":677,"200":593,"300":565,"400":537,"500":537,"600":537,"700":509,"800":509,"900":509,"1000":509},chart=document.getElementById("datawrapper-chart-SIgCw"),chartWidth=chart.offsetWidth,applyDelta=embedDeltas[Math.min(1000, Math.max(100*(Math.floor(chartWidth/100)), 100))]||0,newHeight=applyDelta;chart.style.height=newHeight+"px"; // ]]>

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    First...unlike Trump...
  • Options
    Second like Hillary once Trump tells his supporters to use the 2nd Amendment to challenge the result.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Do the turnout bars above include the lizards or are they hidden from official totals?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,003
    SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

On the measures being used by many to judge Britain's position post-Brexit - i.e. GDP by PPP - China has ALREADY usurped America, and China is number 1.

http://tinyurl.com/mujz7bv

By GDP nominal China is closing in fast. This year China will achieve growth of 6.5-7%, America about 1.5% (slower than expected). With that kind of difference China will overtake around 2020. In four years.

There's one problem though:

I don't believe their figures.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    I'm expecting turnout to be up as voters troop out to vote against the candidate that they hate. I'm covering 54-62% on Betfair which I see combined as about 2 to 1 odds on, with a bias towards the 58-62% band.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Interesting turn-out figures – with all the hullabaloo the presidential elections generate every four years, I thought they would be much higher. Perhaps it’s just an east coast bubble thingy.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    Jobabob said:

Do the turnout bars above include the lizards or are they hidden from official totals?

More importantly, do they include the Shy WWC Trumpers nodding along to all his pro racism and sexual assault platform, waiting to all come out on November 28th?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

On the measures being used by many to judge Britain's position post-Brexit - i.e. GDP by PPP - China has ALREADY usurped America, and China is number 1.

By GDP nominal China is closing in fast. This year China will achieve growth of 6.5-7%, America about 1.5% (slower than expected). With that kind of difference China will overtake around 2020. In four years.

I believe what I see with my own eyes when I travel around the world, from Africa to South America. Huge huge Chinese investment, trade, and business. America relatively dwindling. Parts of Africa are like a Chinese colony. I also believe the stats coming out of countries which trade most with China - Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, etc etc

These countries have become some of the most prosperous in the world, on the back of the Chinese boom.

Chinese stats are wobbly - in all directions - but it is clearly the biggest trading nation in the world - already - the biggest manufacturing nation, and will soon be the biggest economy, if it isn't already.

It is why steel mills in Wales and Ohio are closing down.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

I believe what I see with my own eyes when I travel around the world, from Africa to South America. Huge huge Chinese investment, trade, and business. America relatively dwindling. Parts of Africa are like a Chinese colony. I also believe the stats coming out of countries which trade most with China - Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, etc etc

These countries have become some of the most prosperous in the world, on the back of the Chinese boom.

Chinese stats are wobbly - in all directions - but it is clearly the biggest trading nation in the world - already - the biggest manufacturing nation, and will soon be the biggest economy, if it isn't already.
    You might be right. But maybe you are missing the massive US investment, both historic and current.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,221
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

...with $30 trillion of debt, a lot of it bad.
  • Options
    619 said:

Jobabob said:

More importantly, do they include the Shy WWC Trumpers nodding along to all his pro racism and sexual assault platform, waiting to all come out on November 28th?
    How is turnout calculated in US elections? A bare 50% seems pisspoor.

I reckon a pretty low turnout myself.
  • Options
    619 said:

Jobabob said:

they'll be late then.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    619 said:

Jobabob said:

Won't they have missed the thing by a few weeks on the 28th?
  • Options

619 said:

Jobabob said:

they'll be late then.
    I think that is the date that Donald used!
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/donald-trump-tells-supporters-to-vote-november-28-election-day-trump-university-fraud-trial
  • Options

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/donald-trump-tells-supporters-to-vote-november-28-election-day-trump-university-fraud-trial
    LOL much appreciated TSE
  • Options

Second like Hillary once Trump tells his supporters to use the 2nd Amendment to challenge the result.

They'll find the National Guard standing in their way.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE
    Yup, I thought it deserved a joke!

Also, Trump was up at 3 am again...

“Just landed in Ohio. Thank you America- I am honored to win the final debate for our MOVEMENT,” Trump tweeted

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-3-am-tweet-third-debate-230078#ixzz4Ncu4gVC1
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,414
    I suspect turnout won't be huge, and will probably be down on the last few. I don't think it will plum 1996 depths though. I'd say somewhere 50-53%. The critical question is is there a differential, and if so who does it hurt/benefit?

The evidence so far such as it is is that Dem turnout is pretty robust comparative to 4 years ago and that GOP turnout is not holding up as well. That is possibly why some Republican strategists are concerned about down ticket effects.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Turnout for US elections seems to be utterly pathetic for the last few decades.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    So Alex Jones says that "sources" tell him Hillary Clinton is a demon.

Meanwhile, the Economist use a picture to say the same about Vladimir Putin.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419

Could Trump's supporters form a 'well-regulated' anything?
  • Options

619 said:

Jobabob said:

they'll be late then.
    I think that is the date that Donald used!
    LOL. I missed this bit of Trump-tastic.
  • Options
    HHemmeligHHemmelig Posts: 617
    edited October 2016
    SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

Maths doesn't seem to be your strong point SeanT.

On the IMF estimates for 2016, Chinese nominal GDP is $11,391,619M, US is $18,561,930M.

If China GDP grows at 7% per year it will take 8 years for them to surpass where the US is in 2016. That takes us to 2024 even if US GDP doesn't grow at all. Realistically if the US grows at somewhere between 1-4% annually, China won't overtake until around 2030. And as Josias Jessop says, Chinese GDP figures are widely disbelieved by many credible organisations.
  • Options

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

...with $30 trillion of debt, a lot of it bad.
    The United States didn't have the smoothest of rides on its way to the top either but it still got there.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @BBCRosAtkins: Martin Schulz tells me the UK has 'has chosen to leave the single market'. i.e. Brexit means hard Brexit. Showing no room for compromise.

Let me see if I can follow the Brexiteer logic here

"Damn foreigner telling us what we can and can't do! That's it, we're staying in the single market whether they like it or not!"

Right?
  • Options
    619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

“Just landed in Ohio. Thank you America- I am honored to win the final debate for our MOVEMENT,” Trump tweeted

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-3-am-tweet-third-debate-230078#ixzz4Ncu4gVC1
    How are the GOP elite going to stop him running in 2020?
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    "Damn foreigner telling us what we can and can't do! That's it, we're staying in the single market whether they like it or not!"

The strawiest of straw men.

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    taffys said:

The strawiest of straw men.

That's what they said about Obama...
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    edited October 2016
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

Relatedly, Duterte just announced "separation from the US" on his visit to Beijing.

As John Sawers writes in this morning's FT the world is moving back into the period of great powers.

Russia is constantly on manoeuvres and their propaganda machine is superb. They also know where the fault lines lie in the West. Why else decide to set up a unit of Pravda in Scotland?
  • Options

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

He may well be bankrupt again by then.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@BBCRosAtkins: Martin Schulz tells me the UK has 'has chosen to leave the single market'. i.e. Brexit means hard Brexit. Showing no room for compromise.

Right?

No
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Scott_P said:

Right?

Pram -----> Toys

• Options

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

I believe they will have a new rule that only previously elected officials for the GOP ( Governers/senators/Congressman) or ex members of the white house cabinet can run as nominee.
  • Options
    @rottenborough Donald Trump will be 74 in 2020, which should be enough to deter him from running for president again. That is the one small mercy for the Republicans about this campaign.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

Perhaps they could persuade Ivanka to run as a Democrat?
  • Options

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

With him being distracted for much of the past year that suggestion is very plausible.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,428

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

Wonder what the view's like down there in the sand.
  • Options
    619 said:

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

I believe they will have a new rule that only previously elected officials for the GOP ( Governers/senators/Congressman) or ex members of the white house cabinet can run as nominee.
    I've heard this before. Can anyone reputable on here (therefore not you, 619) confirm this - preferably with a link please, as it will have a big impact on the slate next time. No Carly Fiorina from the moderate side of the GOP, for example.

The GOP establishment would want to enable George P Bush to stand so the (statewide) role of Texas Land Commissioner and other similar offices would need to get over the bar.

A tricky line to draw in the sand.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

Expel him from the party?
  • Options

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

Not for the first time...or the second...or the third...or the....
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    SeanT said:

Indeed, it is piquant that Americans are right now electing the president who will - on present trends - oversee the supplanting of America as the world's biggest economy, for the first time in a century.

It could be close tho. Predictions are for 2020, 2021. Around then.

Whereas if Trump wins, it will happen before his inauguration....
  • Options
    ''Expel him from the party?''

By 2020 it doesn't matter who runs for the republicans. If Hillary wins the demographics will have changed so much they can never win.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Dromedary said:

So Alex Jones says that "sources" tell him Hillary Clinton is a demon.

Meanwhile, the Economist use a picture to say the same about Vladimir Putin.

Those "sources" being the voices in his head?
  • Options

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

Wonder what the view's like down there in the sand.
    Probably better than your view from inside Putin's backside.

But leaving such things aside, what makes you believe China's figures?
  • Options

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

Not for the first time...or the second...or the third...or the....
    Trump has never filed for bankruptcy.

Take care. There may be lawyers about.
  • Options
    taffys said:

By 2020 it doesn't matter who runs for the republicans. If Hillary wins the demographics will have changed so much they can never win.

Well, they will if they stop being so racist and anti-women
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited October 2016

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

With him being distracted for much of the past year that suggestion is very plausible.
    Actually, if he's left his business interests in the hands of competent management, it's much less plausible than if Trump is meddling left, right and centre.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

Our company does most of its business with China now. It has effected a major culture change for our guys because much of the 'business' process is essentially just hanging around in restaurants and being generally nice to our Chinese friends, for days and even weeks on end. You cannot and must not rush a deal, nor talk too much business. At first, many of our team considered it a waste of time. That was before they got to the deal stage – orders are sometimes 10 times the size we envisaged at the start of the process.
  • Options

@rottenborough Donald Trump will be 74 in 2020, which should be enough to deter him from running for president again. That is the one small mercy for the Republicans about this campaign.

Bernie Sanders is 75 and age didn't stop him.

A rule on political office held would though.
  • Options
    Looking at that chart above, there really is a hell of a big pool of people who could wake up next month in a mischief mood and just go "Aw feck it, let's have a laugh..." and set off to vote for The Donald....
  • Options
    Re: Mori. An win for the single market over immigration controls. Hurrah!

Meanwhile, 4% say we should prioritise neither the single market nor immigration. These are the silent minority who think Brexit should be about more moon landings.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited October 2016
    http://order-order.com/2016/10/20/prezza-for-jezza/

Well Jezza's tweets might become a bit funnier now.
  • Options
    taffys said:

Parties change and adapt (or die). No regime is for ever as opposition always rises.
  • Options
    ''Well, they will if they stop being so racist and anti-women ''

Romney wasn't a racist. How many black votes did he get? How many hispanic votes?

The US election is already an election about race, and the demographics completely favour the democrats.

After Trump, the Republicans are pretty much finished, whatever happens.
  • Options
    taffys said:

Romney wasn't a racist. How many black votes did he get? How many hispanic votes?

The US election is already an election about race, and the demographics completely favour the democrats.

Until about two weeks ago, you were ramping Trump.
  • Options
    taffys said:

Bush got 35% of the Hispanic vote in 2000 and then 40% in 2004, if they get that again they can win but they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

619 said:

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

I've heard this before. Can anyone reputable on here (therefore not you, 619) confirm this - preferably with a link please, as it will have a big impact on the slate next time. No Carly Fiorina from the moderate side of the GOP, for example.

The GOP establishment would want to enable George P Bush to stand so the (statewide) role of Texas Land Commissioner and other similar offices would need to get over the bar.

A tricky line to draw in the sand.
    If GBP wants to run, he'll need to have done more than that. If the GOP want both him and that rule, they need to elevate him to much more senior office. (and if the rule is drawn that widely, there'll be all sorts of anomalies).

Realistically, the list ought to be something like:

- President (for re-election)
    - Vice President
    - Senators
    - Congressmen
    - Governors
    - Holders of federal office which were subject to congressional ratification
    - 4* officers of the armed forces (this might be included in the above; I don't know).
  • Options
    taffys said:

Why don't you ask a black or Hispanic voter how they felt about Romney?

The GOP had a post mortem which set out how to try and win back these voters. They ignored it and doubled down on Trump.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

Actually, if he's left his business interests in the hands of competent management, it's much less plausible than if Trump is meddling left, right and centre.
    Didn't he say his sons are running it?
  • Options
    Until about two weeks ago, you were ramping Trump.

I vowed not to discuss 2016 any more, and I am not. I am talking about 2020 and beyond.

• Options
    FPT

Some of the ranting on previous threads about jumped up county councils etc is exactly the sort of thing that encourages independence. @Paul_Bedfordshire is the worst. The epitome of Little Englandism.

Thank you.

You are aware I trust that Little Englander was coined by right wing imperialism enthusiasts to insult those who opposed the idea of colonising other territories in general and the boer war in particular?

To be honest its all getting a little tedious here. Aside from handbags at dawn insult matches as we saw from two contributers on a thread last night we are just seeing two entrenched and incompatible positions over an issue that will take years to play through and things starting to descent into traded insults and resentment.

None of it will change anything. 52-48 was the result and thats that. I've had enough for a while.

Ta Ta

• Options
    619 said:

Anorak said:

619 said:

GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

619 said:

Jobabob said:

Yup.

LOL much appreciated TSE

Didn't he say his sons are running it?
    Also, I believe there are reports that bookings in all his hotels/resorts are down massively, as people don't want to be associated with him anymore.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited October 2016
    On topic: We actually have some indicative information on turnout, from the early voting statistics:

if we take a big step back, and we sort of take a look at the big picture, we'll see increased voting across the board, not only early, but also on Election Day in the Southern states. But yet, in the Midwest, we may see early voting levels lower and then overall turnout levels lower as well.

http://keranews.org/post/how-many-people-are-voting-early-2016

Overall, that sounds like a turnout not too different from 2012.

I think there's good value in the 54.0% to 57.99% band, maybe with a saver on 50% to 53.99%.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    Some of the low turnout much come down to people in safe states not bothering. Still, sad that it's so low.

FWIW there are compelling arguments for turnout to be either high or low, there's probably not a lot of value in this.
  • Options
    I've just caught up with this article, flagged on the previous thread:

http://www.politico.eu/article/why-we-lost-the-brexit-vote-former-uk-prime-minister-david-cameron/

I have to say, it does come across as so much after-the-fact rationalising. Comments like "There are those who argue that we should have pushed Europeans harder and been willing to demand more. But I don’t see how that would have worked better." do provoke outbursts like "But as things turned out, it couldn't have worked much f*cking worse mate!" It talks of "ill-timed developments" that were developments many months before the Referendum itself. Provoking the response of "So don't hold it then, you muppet!".

My after-the-fact rationalising? It's astonishing you got as much as 48%....
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    taffys said:

Not true

Kasich and Rubio were doing well in the H2H polling vs Clinton, even though Kasich's foreign policy was crackers and Rubio is as right wing as the best of them on social issues.
  • Options
    nunu said:

taffys said:

Bush got 35% of the Hispanic vote in 2000 and then 40% in 2004, if they get that again they can win but they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
    "after 78 percent of Muslims backed Republicans in the 2000 election. By 2011, 70 percent of Muslims identified as Democrats,"

http://www.ibtimes.com/gop-2016-polls-show-muslim-voters-used-love-republican-candidates-not-anymore-2108647

"1992, Republicans won among Asian-Americans by a 22-point margin in the presidential election, according to exit polls; in 2012, Asian-Americans voted Democratic by 47 points, which was nearly double the margin in 2008."
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/vietnamese-americans-are-no-longer-a-lock-for-the-republican-party/

"Dwight Eisenhower and Richard Nixon managed to win 39 and 32 percent of the African-American vote.

Lyndon Johnson’s support for The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Fair Housing Act of 1968 and the GOP’s subsequent “southern strategy” to win white voters hostile to such progressive policies put about 85 percent of African-Americans reliably in the Democratic column."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/22/african-americans-should-start-voting-for-republicans-again.html

If the GOP have a demographic problem its one of their own making.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

http://www.politico.eu/article/why-we-lost-the-brexit-vote-former-uk-prime-minister-david-cameron/

I have to say, it does come across as so much after-the-fact rationalising. Comments like "There are those who argue that we should have pushed Europeans harder and been willing to demand more. But I don’t see how that would have worked better." do provoke outbursts like "But as things turned out, it couldn't have worked much f*cking worse mate!" It talks of "ill-timed developments" that were developments many months before the Referendum itself. Provoking the response of "So don't hold it then, you muppet!".

Yes. The timing was very much down to Cameron, and it felt like he was rushing it, to get it out the way.

Well I guess it's out the way now.

• Options

http://order-order.com/2016/10/20/prezza-for-jezza/

Well Jezza's tweets might become a bit funnier now.

Although looking at that photo, he might consider walking beside him is a portrait of what he is going to look like in 25 years time - and go into a terminal decline....
  • Options
    ''Kasich and Rubio were doing well in the H2H polling vs Clinton, even though Kasich's foreign policy was crackers and Rubio is as right wing as the best of them on social issues. ''

Maybe but neither enthused the republican base whatsoever, so its just a dog with different fleas.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,611

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

You might be right. But maybe you are missing the massive US investment, both historic and current.
    Not just Africa. Significant parts of Germany's industrial base are getting hoovered up:
    http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Germany-scrambles-to-get-a-grip-on-Chinese-buyouts
  • Options
    Oh here we go again. Yawn.
  • Options
    Have a Brexit,
    Have a kitkat :)
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Good afternoon, everyone.

They could just make KitKats smaller. Like Carney did with his rubbish new fivers.
  • Options
    @Pulpstar The bloody Swiss, showing their neutrality yet again.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,613

They could just make KitKats smaller.

You mean 3 fingers?
  • Options

They could just make KitKats smaller. Like Carney did with his rubbish new fivers.

The three-fingered KitKat? Giving the finger to Brexit?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282

SeanT said:

fpt for Luckyguy

General view on Chinese growth figures is that you can pretty much cut them in half. On that basis the crossover is in the mid to late 2020s
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited October 2016

Does anyone think George P. Bush is going to show his hand in 2020, or is he going to be still too young and hang on until 2024 or so ? Moderate, mixed race half-latino, Spanish speaking, famous republican family, seems to have a lot going for him.
  • Options

Yes. The timing was very much down to Cameron, and it felt like he was rushing it, to get it out the way.

Well I guess it's out the way now.

Of course he was rushing it. Partly he didn't want it to dominate the first two or three years of his non-coalition Tory government; partly he was worried about the FR and GE elections. Plus he believed he was going to walk it.

What a full-fat idiot. Consigned to history as the PM who has made the biggest policy mistake since at least 1914.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067
    Indigo said:

Does anyone think George P. Bush is going to show his hand in 2020, or is he going to be still too young and hang on until 2024 or so ? Moderate, mixed race half-latino, Spanish speaking, famous republican family, seems to have a lot going for him.
    Can we write off Billy Bush?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,282
    I would have expected there will be died-in-the-wool ticket voters from both parties that are turned off by their own presidential candidate this time. Plus the campaign has attracted attention but will also have repelled. And it is increasingly looking like a predictable outcome. All factors that would push turnout down.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,817
    It was all so cozy between Alex and The Donald... Until they fell out! :(
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

They already have and have you seen the size of the Fry's Turkish Delight Bars these days? They are tiny and 69p a throw outrageously expensive. Mars bars are another item of confectionery that has shrunk dramatically.

The reduction in size of chocolate bars is something that has been going on for years and has sod all to do with any current political events.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

No, he's down to face Chelsea isn't he - in 2024 or 2028?
  • Options

They already have and have you seen the size of the Fry's Turkish Delight Bars these days? They are tiny and 69p a throw outrageously expensive. Mars bars are another item of confectionery that has shrunk dramatically.

The reduction in size of chocolate bars is something that has been going on for years and has sod all to do with any current political events.
    Turkish Delight are 50p if you buy in threes. I have 15 packets after my 23rd birthday for the third time:-)

• Options

Bernie Sanders is 75 and age didn't stop him.

A rule on political office held would though.
    Is that seriously going to happen? I thought I'd read somewhere there was talk of it within GOP.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Mr. Llama, never been into Turkish Delight. Didn't want to end up in Cair Paravel.

Mr. Mark/Mr. Rentool, wouldn't be surprising.
  • Options
    Sounds like others are coming around to my view that Trump doesn't even want to win:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-debate-presidency-230074
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited October 2016

Consigned to history as the PM who has made the biggest policy mistake since at least 1914.

I think Eden's Suez miscalculation was less politically forgivable.

Cameron's had graver consequences, though.
  • Options
    NYTimes:

"Was Wednesday the final presidential debate of 2016 or the opening night of the Trump News Channel?"
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited October 2016

Indigo said:

Can we write off Billy Bush?
    After what has recently come to light about his involvements with Trump, that might not be the best route to electability ;)
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    @Morris_Dancer

The link between chocolate covered Turkish Delight and Narnia eludes me. Could you perhaps explain it for me, please?

@Madasafish

Where do I get them at 50p each, please? In my local sweetshop they are 69p. I buy three every Sunday morning for Herself.
This discussion has been closed.