Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Labour’s “cunning plan” for the Richmond Park by-election

SystemSystem Posts: 11,006
edited October 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Labour’s “cunning plan” for the Richmond Park by-election

“The man’s a disgrace. His office is just along the corridor from mine and I never see him. He obviously doesn’t want to be an MP.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,961
    edited October 2016
    First for quisling remoaners!
  • Options
    As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Third like the Lib Dems in Richmond.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,795

Is Goldsmith unpopular in Parliament?
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,845
    I don't get it. Maybe I'm being thick.
    Of course Goldsmith's majority will be reduced. In what sense does he become a lame duck, and if so, how does this actually help Labour?
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    edited October 2016
    *Goes back to watching US election stuff*

I honestly don't give a stuff - if the LDs weren't in with a teeny chance, we wouldn't be doing this.

And LDs are NoWhere Influence Party in any context.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Is Goldsmith unpopular in Parliament?

Yup, heard a great quote about him this week.

There are towels on the floor of my local swimming baths that are less wet. He is so laid- back and flat he would make a pretty good runway himself.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    So Labour's cunning plan is to lose and help elect a Tory? That explains a lot about their current polling.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited October 2016

Of course Goldsmith's majority will be reduced. In what sense does he become a lame duck, and if so, how does this actually help Labour?

Don’t worry, reality is more often than not, the exact opposite of Don’s predictions. :lol:
  • Options

I don't get it either.

But then again I didn't get how Owen Smith was in with a shot at winning.
  • Options
    I am not quite sure what Don is going on about, to be honest, but it seems to be motivated by a rather unpleasant undertone of class prejudice.

Richmond Park isn't the ideal constituency to try to play the class card.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,902
    UK Democracy can only truly flourish when Labour is a dead party.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

The last couple of days have been unquestionably good for Leavers.

Big GDP figures - and credit (I believe) to Nunu, of this parish, who predicted 0.6 in Q3 weeks after the referendum, when everyone else expected zero growth, or worse

Great news on Nissan. No matter how much Remainers whine and carp, this is a vote of confidence. A factory that produces more cars than all of Italy is going to EXPAND

Excellent retail sales: surging again in October

ING is CREATING 400 jobs in the City

Axa has recommitted to completing the City's biggest tower: 22 Bishopsgate

They're all just straws in the wind, but you get enough of them, and you might just see the way the wind is blowing....

I'm impressed by May and Hammond over this, Nissan was a totemic one.

The question is which other companies and sectors will they do this for.

It might not be hard Brexit, of course the point that we might well be paying Nissan and others to do things they were already doing for free is another discussion.
  • Options

I am not quite sure what Don is going on about, to be honest, but it seems to be motivated by a rather unpleasant undertone of class prejudice.

Richmond Park isn't the ideal constituency to try to play the class card.

Well quite.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

SeanT said:

Big GDP figures - and credit (I believe) to Nunu, of this parish, who predicted 0.6 in Q3 weeks after the referendum, when everyone else expected zero growth, or worse

Great news on Nissan. No matter how much Remainers whine and carp, this is a vote of confidence. A factory that produces more cars than all of Italy is going to EXPAND

They're all just straws in the wind, but you get enough of them, and you might just see the way the wind is blowing....

It might not be hard Brexit, of course the point that we might well be paying Nissan and others to do things they were already doing for free is another discussion.
    Could someone get the details on any sort of deal/assurance under a FOI request ?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095

So Labour's cunning plan is to lose and help elect a Tory? That explains a lot about their current polling.

After five or six decades of continuous Tory rule, Britain will be sick of them and turn to Labour....seems to be the plan.

Anyway, with the economic news today, the seat got a far bit more distant for the LibDems.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Could someone get the details on any sort of deal/assurance under a FOI request ?

Probably covered by the commercial confidentiality get-out.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited October 2016
    A serious question. Do any of the right-wingers on PB work? Reading PB it doesn't seem like it.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,013
    SeanT said:

You missed out the very reassuring noises from the WTO.
  • Options
    Not sure Labour is capable of cunning plans.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

I don't get it either.

But then again I didn't get how Owen Smith was in with a shot at winning.
    Yes. That was another thing I didn't get.

The cunning plan would surely be not to stand.
    Not to "remove a Tory MP" as above, but to fuel the narrative of an embattled government which cannot easily pass legislation.

With Torys and UKIP not standing, Labour can write off Richmond as a sham election inspired by Tory infighting and hence not worth contesting.

And Labour have nothing to fear from one more LD MP. It's a win win.

Or it would be if Labour wanted to prevent Brexit or indeed return to government.

But I'm doubtful it wants to do either.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

SeanT said:

They can and will ask I suspect.
  • Options
    Seriously, I do sometimes wonder if I've misread the mood of London re the Goldsmith campaign. These things can sometimes be slow-burning. Certainly at the time it didn't help but nor was it disastrous - as i've said before, Goldsmith's share of the mayoral vote in his own constituency was almost identical to his share at the general election.

What's clear is that many left-of-centre activists and chattering-classes types want to still hold the campaign against him. The question is the extent to which this extends to the general public. Don in the article notes that some Greens backed Goldsmith for mayor. I don't suppose that many of their equivalents in the 1960s were supportive of Griffiths - which gives a measure of the taint by association being attempted. My guess would still be that the uproar is from the professionally-outraged looking for evidence to appall them.
  • Options
    I fondly recall Mr Brind saying in one of his first threads that his political hero was KGB man Jack Jones. So cuddly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Jones_(trade_unionist)
  • Options
    It seems strange to me that today's good economic news has pushed the pound down rather than up. Why should this be? Doesn't the value of sterling reflect economic expectations?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    For Mr. Dancer - this weekend, we have as a house guest Louise Collins, who is the widow of Peter Collins, killed in the F1 German Grand Prix of 1958 at the Nurburgring. I know it's not your era, but thought you might be interested. He would probably have been world champion, but for that crash. He was one of 5 Ferrari drivers killed in a short space of time.... Different era (thank God).
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    This article isn't worthy of PB. The idea that a narrow win is worse than a loss for a single seat is moronic.

If Goldsmith gets in by 1 vote, he will have a 20,000 majority in 2020 as the official Con candidate.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Scott_P said:
    Farron is so annoyingly predictable. He strikes me as the sort of person who would consistently fall for a 2 move checkmate in chess.
  • Options

Seriously, I do sometimes wonder if I've misread the mood of London re the Goldsmith campaign. These things can sometimes be slow-burning. Certainly at the time it didn't help but nor was it disastrous - as i've said before, Goldsmith's share of the mayoral vote in his own constituency was almost identical to his share at the general election.

What's clear is that many left-of-centre activists and chattering-classes types want to still hold the campaign against him. The question is the extent to which this extends to the general public. Don in the article notes that some Greens backed Goldsmith for mayor. I don't suppose that many of their equivalents in the 1960s were supportive of Griffiths - which gives a measure of the taint by association being attempted. My guess would still be that the uproar is from the professionally-outraged looking for evidence to appall them.

Putting aside the claims of racism etc - which I think require a pretty high threshold to be fair - one thing that may have soured people in Richmond on Goldsmith since the election is that he looks like an utter loser.

His mayoral campaign was horribly anaemic and revealed he had neither energy, charisma, or brains. And his resignation looks like a big flounce.

There will some in Richmond who held their nose during the mayoralty or voted for Zac for reasons of local loyalty. But I think there'll be a fair few this time who think, nah - I'm not going to waste my time again with him.

I still think he'll win though.
  • Options

It seems strange to me that today's good economic news has pushed the pound down rather than up. Why should this be? Doesn't the value of sterling reflect economic expectations?

Didn't you get the memo?
    This is also good news, march of the exporters, pound finding its natural level, blah, blah.
  • Options
    Roger said:

A serious question. Do any of the right-wingers on PB work? Reading PB it doesn't seem like it.

All right-wingers are success self-employed business people/wealth creators don't you know!
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Scott_P said:
    Farron is so annoyingly predictable. He strikes me as the sort of person who would consistently fall for a 3 move check mate in chess.
    He's a 6th former playing at grown-ups.

I've zero time for him.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    I think not standing would have been Labour's best option, it would have reinforced the idea that his by-election was a waste of time and was just an ego trip by Goldsmith. With UKIP not standing either it wouldn't have looked cynical. More of their votes would have gone to the Lib Dems and in a close by-election could well have swung it. A Brexit MP would have been defeated, the Tories would have an even smaller majority and it may have put May off a snap election any time soon. It just makes sense on all levels..
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Almost 600,000 Georgia voters have already cast ballots in person in this year's election. That's just the number voting in person, and does not include absentee ballots.

Gwinnett County updates wait times at its advance polling locations (3 currently, 2 more opening next week) every hour online. I'm off to vote at the lowest wait time location (about 30 minutes).
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    Roger said:

I do! Non fecking stop!! But then I'm not really a right winger. More of an uber-liberal wet.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Almost 600,000 Georgia voters have already cast ballots in person in this year's election. That's just the number voting in person, and does not include absentee ballots.

Gwinnett County updates wait times at its advance polling locations (3 currently, 2 more opening next week) every hour online. I'm off to vote at the lowest wait time location (about 30 minutes).

I've seen reports/photos from Georgia of 3 block queues and several hour long waits - have you seen this?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Tim_B said:

Let us know if it looks diverse and young. Would be good for Clinton thanx.

Fpt:

Yes that was me, although I did put a caveat that by the first revision GDP will be revised upwards to 0.6%, so we shall see

Although it is clear the economists don't ever leave their ivory towers.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Putting aside the claims of racism etc - which I think require a pretty high threshold to be fair - one thing that may have soured people in Richmond on Goldsmith since the election is that he looks like an utter loser.

His mayoral campaign was horribly anaemic and revealed he had neither energy, charisma, or brains. And his resignation looks like a big flounce.

There will some in Richmond who held their nose during the mayoralty or voted for Zac for reasons of local loyalty. But I think there'll be a fair few this time who think, nah - I'm not going to waste my time again with him.

I still think he'll win though.
    As a flounce it comes nowhere near the benchmark for wankerdom set by Davis, D. which sadly seems not to have harmed Davis's career.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37786753
    UKIP backing Zac Goldsmith in by-election

Oh, Ho!
  • Options
    JWisemannJWisemann Posts: 1,082
    An odd premise. Seems to be the right of labour who are most self-defeatingly tribal and unwilling to work with other parties to defeat the tories. From my point of view it would make absolute sense not to stand a candidate, given that the cons and ukip arent. Any opportunity to weaken the government should be grasped very firmly indeed. At least dramatically soft pedal it if you must stand a candidate.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187

For Mr. Dancer - this weekend, we have as a house guest Louise Collins, who is the widow of Peter Collins, killed in the F1 German Grand Prix of 1958 at the Nurburgring. I know it's not your era, but thought you might be interested. He would probably have been world champion, but for that crash. He was one of 5 Ferrari drivers killed in a short space of time.... Different era (thank God).

Slight claim to fame. My grandfather was godfather to Mike Hawthorn.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Roger said:

The most prolific posters are those with verifiable real-life achievements to their name. How that works I have no idea, unless you can subcontract thriller-writing to the Indians for 3 rupees a day, like with software.
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    tlg86 said:

Who managed to kill himself on a public road!!
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Seems to me that, interestingly, ALL political parties are approaching this by-election from an unprecedented position of weakness.

I'm not sure what it means, it might be a good thing. Perhaps other MPs will fancy a stint as independents.

Someone should ask Zac, whether he plans to stand as the GE.
  • Options
    A good piece by Don. But the other reason for Labour to save Goldsmith is to help smooth Brexit. Clearly Corbyn/McDonnell think the future is a People's Brexit/Banker's Brexit dialectic. Today's Nissan announcement suggests the Tories agree but are well ahead of Labour and will achieve synthesis of that dialectic. At least until it collapses like all Gordon Brown type ruses do.

The Corbyn/McDonnell People's Brexit will actually be a culturally Marxist Lexit which couldn't be further from the British people. May's Banker's Brexit will be for Bankers but will be astutely socially conservative. Nissan suggests Corporate Welfare but delivered in an exquisite tie die. Blue Labour and Red UKIP running together in the wash.

As we head towards #Mayday I recall wise words. " You can't buck the market. " Nissan is the kind of globalisation you can marry with protectionism. It's an iconic site. Sunderland was the Ground Zero of Brexit. It can have it's Cake and Eat it. Most places won't be be able to. To govern is to choose. It can only be delayed so long.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

The government is clearly confident (and rightly, I'd say) of getting free trade in goods. It makes sense for all parties. So they don't expect to be paying anything to Nissan.

It's gonna be a Soft Brexit, if TMay and Hammond can possibly manage it. But reframed as Bespoke Brexit so she can sell it to the people.
    Brexit in name only . BiNO
  • Options
    SeanT said:

reframed as Bespoke Brexit

Overpriced tosh sold to naive buyers :) ?
  • Options
    Roger said:

No, we're all very wealthy people who live off the labour of others.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

Roger said:

All right-wingers are success self-employed business people/wealth creators don't you know!
    Of course - I run my own business so can post whenever I like.

This week is half term where I live so I would have thought the trendy teachers (if there are any) would be out in numbers.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Scott_P said:
    Farron is so annoyingly predictable. He strikes me as the sort of person who would consistently fall for a 2 move checkmate in chess.
    Farron is a pound-shop Charles Kennedy, without the humour or drinking problem but with the same fundamental lack of substance.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Tim_B said:

I've seen reports/photos from Georgia of 3 block queues and several hour long waits - have you seen this?
    In Georgia the counties (there are about 150 of them) run their own elections. I've seen the reports, hopefully they won't be like that today in Gwinnett.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

It's gonna be a Soft Brexit, if TMay and Hammond can possibly manage it. But reframed as Bespoke Brexit so she can sell it to the people.

If they renamed it as Associate Membership even I'd be happy. :)
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,969
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Mark, indeed, before my time.

That's rather sad. Whilst Mosley deserves censure for his censorious attitudes towards the press he did show a good deal of sense when it came to safety in F1.
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274
    I'm afraid I do not see the point of Zac's gesture, and I do not see what Don Brind is getting at.
  • Options

SeanT said:

May and Hammond - is this a Grand Tour post?
  • Options
    Pat Buchanan more than a match for CNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhyxAHCzq2k
  • Options
    Mr. T, was it the FIFA film?
  • Options
    "Axa has recommitted to completing the City's biggest tower: 22 Bishopsgate"

Which is slightly amusing since Bishopsgate, was taken over by Fortis and is now Ageas INSURANCE.

(The mergers and acquisitions/ rebranding of Insurance companies/ Lloyds Syndicates in the UK are numerous. Without trying, I can think of about 40 that have gone/ merged/ been bought out in my career.)
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    PlatoSaid said:

Tim_B said:

Several hours?! That must go some way to explaining the low turnouts.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

SeanT said:

Perhaps we'll wake up one day and find that HMG is now outsourced to Amazon Country.
  • Options

#1 Nissan. The £ is currently responding to any and every smoke signal re Brexit. The market knows what what Nissan must have been promised and what that means. #2 The statements yesterday from Fox and Garner were hugely significant. It's the first materially signfigant information on Brexit since May's conference speech.
  • Options
    Roger said:

We do work a bit but earn most of our money from betting on the other side of the bet to mug punters. Not having huge chips on our shoulders helps us to be objective.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187

Good afternoon, everyone.

Mr. Mark, indeed, before my time.

That's rather sad. Whilst Mosley deserves censure for his censorious attitudes towards the press he did show a good deal of sense when it came to safety in F1.

I think that's true. The problem is they've gone too far the other way. Tarmac runoff areas have helped to kill the sport and I actually happen to think they're more dangerous than gravel traps.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Ishmael_X said:

Roger said:

The most prolific posters are those with verifiable real-life achievements to their name. How that works I have no idea, unless you can subcontract thriller-writing to the Indians for 3 rupees a day, like with software.
    I'm between thrillers. But I have an idea, a location, a plot, for a new thriller, and I will begin writing in January, so I will be much less visible on here (I hope)

Incidentally, if Roger's still about, the would-be makers of The Ice Twins movie, in Hollywood, have found a director.

On the good side, he's made some critically well received movies, and even been selected at Cannes by the jury etc

On the bad side, his last movie, budgeted at about $8m, made $5000
    Hmmm. Wonder who that was (checks Wikipedia for winners of the jury prize)...
  • Options

MP_SE said:

Scott_P said:
    Farron is a pound-shop Charles Kennedy, without the humour or drinking problem but with the same fundamental lack of substance.
    Kennedy had huge substance. He also had crippling alcoholism.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    https://twitter.com/LarrySabato/status/791618803390095360

This is brutal -- Clinton wins with just safe and likely states, doesn't even need leaners.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,891
    tlg86 said:

Pah. That's nothing.

I was operated on several times by Prof Watkins, and met a fair few 1990s-era F1 drivers through him.

I am F1 engineered. ;)

(He is also a massive hero of mine. RIP, Sid, I hope the salmon are biting and the whisky's plentiful).
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606

Very strong US data has increased the chances of a rate rise there before the end of the year.
  • Options
    PeterC said:

I'm afraid I do not see the point of Zac's gesture, and I do not see what Don Brind is getting at.

Personally, I think he should pay the £200k for this vanity election.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Ishmael_X said:

Roger said:

I'm between thrillers. But I have an idea, a location, a plot, for a new thriller, and I will begin writing in January, so I will be much less visible on here (I hope)

Will it involve severed tongues, Swedish boiling, blood-eagling, being cooked in a big pressure cooker, or orangutang rape?

• Options
    Roger said:

Right-winger? Are you calling moi a right-winger?

(PS. I voted Labour at GE2015)
    (PPS. Yes I do work, part-time)
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

PeterC said:

He'll presumably be in line for a loss of office payment if he loses. Perhaps the LDs should extract a promise that he'll donate it to charity.
  • Options
    Mr. 86, I agree they've gone too far the other way.

Tarmac is for supermarket car parks, not if you go off-track on an F1 circuit.

Only two more races to go after this weekend. Hmm.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

PeterC said:

I agree with Plato, wahey!
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932

SeanT said:

Ishmael_X said:

Roger said:

Incidentally, if Roger's still about, the would-be makers of The Ice Twins movie, in Hollywood, have found a director.

On the good side, he's made some critically well received movies, and even been selected at Cannes by the jury etc

I was going to say Frédéric Auburtin but he is worse than that budget $25m box office $607.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

SeanT said:

Perhaps we'll wake up one day and find that HMG is now outsourced to Amazon Country.
    Unfortunately that's probably too much to hope for....
  • Options
    eek said:

SeanT said:

Ishmael_X said:

Roger said:

I was going to say Frédéric Auburtin but he is worse than that budget $25m box office $607.
    I was wondering about Michael Cimino, director of Heaven's Gate....
  • Options

Pat Buchanan more than a match for CNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhyxAHCzq2k

Cracking video - and what an arse the CNN guy is
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    This plan makes absolutely no sense. Who cares whether Zac is happy in parliament or not? How is it cunning? It's at best 'spiteful' - seeking an overall worse outcome (no reduction in nominal tory majority' to 'punish' Zac.

I think not even Corbyn is stupid enough to think this is a good strategy.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

PeterC said:

I resign in protest on a matter of principle!!!! Please can I have my job back?

His picture should appear opposite wanker in the dictionary.
  • Options
    Essexit said:

PlatoSaid said:

Tim_B said:

Several hours?! That must go some way to explaining the low turnouts.
    Perhaps they were queueing for something else? Jeremy Paxman said that Clinton and Trump were the two most hated candidates in history and that no one would vote for them.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

PlatoSaid said:

PeterC said:

I resign in protest on a matter of principle!!!! Please can I have my job back?

His picture should appear opposite wanker in the dictionary.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

eek said:

SeanT said:

Ishmael_X said:

Roger said:

He's dead, isn't he?
  • Options
    eek said:

SeanT said:

Ishmael_X said:

Roger said:

But that's the FIFA guy.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Richmond B/E on 1st Dec.
  • Options
    Mr. B, are you saying Goldsmith is a reknaw?

Incidentally, checking the mods for PS4 on Bethesda net. No eat/drink/sleep yet, but realistic carry weight and 'hardcore' [more realistic damage] mods are up.

I'll still probably wait, as £34 for a remaster is excessive (and I want to play XCOM 2), but it's nice to see those sorts of things are available.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,891
    SeanT said:

Sean_F said:

SeanT said:

Ishmael_X said:

Roger said:

Will it involve severed tongues, Swedish boiling, blood-eagling, being cooked in a big pressure cooker, or orangutang rape?

Sadly not. It's S K Tremayne not Tom Knox. I yearn to go back to Tom Knox, I've got a great idea for a thriller set in Greenland, which is just the creepiest place ever, a place where people eat their owb children in times of famine, and dolls are made out of dead toddlers.

But this is S K Tremayne... so it's set on Dartmoor with a woman in danger and a menacing husband and so forth. Domestic noir with a Du Maurier tinge. I do have a nice hook tho, but I'm not saying what it is in case it gets nicked.
    After Dylan won the Nobel Prize in Literature, I think we should start a campaign for Tom Knox to win it next ...
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,987
    I don't understand Don's argument at all. I don't understand the motive and I don't understand the method. You can't plan for her "to lose but not by much". Labour doesn't have the data nor control of the campaign.

Just back from a day on the road in Richmond Park.

Some thoughts:

Brexit fires people up more than the runway.

Labour will vote LibDem big time.

There will be a differential turnout on December 1st.
    The anti Brexit people, who are fired up, will come out in larger numbers than the pro Zac people, who aren't.

Accordingly I am adjusting my estimate on a LibDem win from 36% to 50%. It would be higher if UKIP hadn't sided with Zac, which will give him a couple of thousand.

I think the Ladbrokes bet of 7/2 on a LibDem majority of <2,500 is good value and I've taken it.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    For those that haven't yet seen - John McDonnell probably should've stopped for a continental brexit breakfast in the hotel before his speech this morning! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/27/labours-john-mcdonnell-mixes-up-brexit-and-breakfast-three-times/
  • Options
    Sean_F said:
    Clearly too early. Who wants Christmas trees in October?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Tim_B said:

eek said:

SeanT said:

Ishmael_X said:

Roger said:

He's dead, isn't he?
    Given Hollywood's expertise in creative accounting, why would that be a factor? :smile:

- what about Roger?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Sean_F said:
    The story is two years old.
  • Options
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Sean_F said:
    Talk about a piece of ass.......
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    Mr Dancer bringing up gaming reminds me - has anyone else played Civilization VI yet?

Vanilla VI > Vanilla V for sure, but I'm still not sure if Vanilla VI > Expanded V. The AI still doesn't know how to fight a war for one.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Sean_F said:
    The story is two years old.
    Does that diminish the amusement?

Are you today's fun sponge pedant?
  • Options
    Mr. Essexit, alas, the last proper Civ I played was II, in about 1999.

Bring it to consoles, damnit!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Sean_F said:

SeanT said:

Ishmael_X said:

Roger said:

Sadly not. It's S K Tremayne not Tom Knox. I yearn to go back to Tom Knox, I've got a great idea for a thriller set in Greenland, which is just the creepiest place ever, a place where people eat their owb children in times of famine, and dolls are made out of dead toddlers.

I'll look forward to it. I've always been fascinated by the complete disappearance of the Danish population, for reasons that no one has ever established.
This discussion has been closed.