Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

SystemSystem Posts: 11,020
edited July 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Nighthawks is now open

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    First?

FPT AveryLP calling me "young" and tim asking for "head" has ever a delurker been flirted with such. I blush, I blush! Seriously though I prefer it when you both go at each other over fops and trade "figures".

I have delurked today after many years and feel ok. Hope others agree and delurk too!
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    Seriously, I come back for one killer post and you change threads on me. Well, here it is again:

http://imgur.com/1Vf8ETu
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,288
    Socrates said:

Seriously, I come back for one killer post and you change threads on me. Well, here it is again:

That's not Ken Clarke is it???
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Please tell me it is photo shopped!
    Socrates said:

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,426
    edited July 2013

Socrates said:

I can't imagine Ken Clarke wearing a t shirt that has bukkake written on it.

(If you don't know what Bukkake is, then don't google it, it isn't for innocent minds and definitely NSFW)

Although most of you will take it on the chin after googling it
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    antifrank said:
    So Rawnsley put a bomb under New Labour in 2001. Worthy of Woodward and Bernstein .

• Options
    tim said:

I just watched a sixteen year old girl who'd been shot in the head stand up and basically say to the Taliban "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough"

She must be given the freedom of Manchester.

And more Malala Yousafzai is a wonderful and remarkable young woman.
  • Options

Please tell me it is photo shopped!

Socrates said:

I have it on good authority it's not photoshopped... apparently there are ways of telling.
  • Options
    YossariansChildYossariansChild Posts: 536
    edited July 2013
    Since its Nighthawks and license to go off-topic and I know there are some sci-fi fans out there. Last night I watched "Alien Uprising". One of the worst and most nonsensical British Sci-Fi films I have ever watched - with added Jean Claude Van Damme randomly hiding in a shed in Surrey? Utter rubbish though worth a laugh if you fancy it.
  • Options

Since its Nighthawks and license to go off-topic and I know there are some sci-fi fans out there. Last night I watched "Alien Uprising". One of the worst and most nonsensical British Sci-Fi films I have ever watched - with added Jean Claude Van Damme randomly hiding in a shed in Surrey? Utter rubbish though worth a laugh if you fancy it.

If you like that, watch this

It's called Osombie, Osama Bin Laden has become a Zombie, and he leads the Axis of Evil Dead.

It's available from Amazon, here's the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfD6-5Qf-cc
  • Options

Socrates said:

Unless he didn't know what it meant. If it's not Ken Clarke it's the closest likeness of a famous person I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Good evening, everyone.

Mr. Child, if you want awful sci-fi, watch Outcasts. So disappointing. Perfectly good basic premise, good cast, very bad writing.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Unless he didn't know what it meant. If it's not Ken Clarke it's the closest likeness of a famous person I've ever seen.
    Facially like Clarke , but the real Ken Clarke is far far fatter.

• Options
    Can I nominate Stuart Broad for a Knighthood.

Him standing his ground after the most blatant edge was Karma after DRS fiascos that went against England yesterday.

The fact it was against Australia is what makes it soooo special.
  • Options
    Offensive in so many ways that my mind boggles.

The only thing worse would be cabinet t shirt contests.

It's called Osombie, Osama Bin Laden has become a Zombie, and he leads the Axis of Evil Dead.

• Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    I used to have a bit of a thing for Mr Van Damme - I think I've seen all his films up until Time Cop... cripes that was 20yrs ago.

Will have a looksee at it and his other stuff in the interim - he used to be very good in the fight scenes - just appalling at acting, but TBH - when you're that quality of eye candy - who really notices!

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Mr Eagles,one to beat that ;-)

yes mr child,agree with you,seen alien uprising,but I've seen some bollocks british movies over the last view years.

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2246549/
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    @YossariansChild

If you like rubbish sci-fi then did you catch Sharknado which was shown for the first time last night on SyFy?
    The trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=iwsqFR5bh6Q
    The bit where a chap chainsaws himself out from inside the shark which has swallowed him is ... memorable.
  • Options

Him standing his ground after the most blatant edge was Karma after DRS fiascos that went against England yesterday.

I'm sure that Broad wanted to walk , but as a gentleman he had to accept the umpire's decision. For good or ill.

• Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Surely this year's terrible but fun sci fi goes to Iron Sky- otherwise known as Nazis on the Moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

Good evening, everyone.

Mr. Child, if you want awful sci-fi, watch Outcasts. So disappointing. Perfectly good basic premise, good cast, very bad writing.

• Options

Mr Eagles,one to beat that ;-)

yes mr child,agree with you,seen alien uprising,but I've seen some bollocks british movies over the last view years.

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2246549/

Seen that, Osombie beats that.

I enjoyed Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

And that film was largely historically accurate.
  • Options

Now that looks amazingly bad. Thanks my friend downloading now!

@MrDancer not sure my patience would take an entire series. Thanks for the shout though.

Still nothing beats M. Night Shyamalan and "The Happening" for sheer well-meaning unintentional comedy. It is truly unique to spend so much on such a bukkake of a movie.
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

Nomination rejected.

It is not Broad's action which disqualifies, but the precedent set.

If he gets a knighthood then Gordon will have claim too.

Standing one's ground when clearly out is not to be rewarded with honours.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Seen that, Osombie beats that

I raise you: Bachelor Party In The Bungalow Of The Damned

youtube.com/watch?v=XeE3A_eQ5P8

• Options
    MIss Plato, that looks bonkers, but perhaps entertaining.
  • Options
    On zombie films: why don't they make on set in medieval times? Knights in armour would be far less prone to being bitte, zombie-knights would be like The Black Knight from Monty Python and there'd be a nice religious angle you could work in too.
  • Options
    @YossariansChild

Got british zombie film even more terrible than Alien uprising ;-)

This british Zombie movie was made in 2012 and it's main star is paddy out of emmerdale = lol

It's called before dawn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1928123/
  • Options

MIss Plato, that looks bonkers, but perhaps entertaining.

I trust you read item 4 in the nighthawks links
  • Options
    Plato said:

I used to have a bit of a thing for Mr Van Damme - I think I've seen all his films up until Time Cop... cripes that was 20yrs ago.

Will have a looksee at it and his other stuff in the interim - he used to be very good in the fight scenes - just appalling at acting, but TBH - when you're that quality of eye candy - who really notices!

Now "Alien Uprising" has Van Damme and his hot daughter Bianca Bree in it. That she manages to be fully made up and immaculately attired (apart from gratuitous sex scene) during an alien invasion of England almost makes up for her terrible, terrible acting.
  • Options
    I saw Pacific Rim today.

Very enjoyable.

Especially, as one character gave himself the nickname Hannibal after the Son of Barca.

Suffice it to say, his strategies proved unsuccessful
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    @tim - if we can find £1bn, sounds like a good idea. However, might say doubling or tripling the number of people free school meals (by increasing the qualifying income) not have much the same effect? Perhaps the bureaucracy of administering it is what he wants to avoid.
  • Options
    Nope, Mr. Eagles.

Upon checking, I see you consider the Queen of Bithynia a pro. One shudders to think at what she excels at in return for coin.
  • Options
    Pacific Rim does sound like good fun.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Seen that, Osombie beats that

I raise you: Bachelor Party In The Bungalow Of The Damned

youtube.com/watch?v=XeE3A_eQ5P8

Dear Lord that looks awful. I think we should narrow our parameters to those films which some poor art student clearly believed was going to be a deep and meaningful thought provoking movie which reaches unintended levels of hilarity. Im guessing here but the makers of "Bachelor Party In The Bungalow Of The Damned" where aiming for a teenage audience without TSE's knowledge of the internet..
  • Options

On zombie films: why don't they make on set in medieval times?

Although not usually considered a zombie movie, Evil Dead 3 features the hero, Ash, accidentally bringing to life an army of the dead in 1300 AD that lays siege to a medieval castle.
  • Options
    Did you hear about Stuart Broad getting into an argument about cricket outside a famous theatre in east London?

It was the Hackney Umpire incident :)
  • Options

@YossariansChild

Got british zombie film even more terrible than Alien uprising ;-)

This british Zombie movie was made in 2012 and it's main star is paddy out of emmerdale = lol

It's called before dawn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1928123/

Excellent! Thank you!
  • Options
    Mr. M, I did not know that (my knowledge of films is almost as poor as Mr. Eagles' knowledge of classical history).
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Mr. M, I did not know that (my knowledge of films is almost as poor as Mr. Eagles' knowledge of classical history).

Bah, my one weakness when it comes to classical history is all things Greek.

You could say it is my Achilles' Elbow
  • Options

Your hat and coat, sir? Here they are.
    A taxi, you say? Actually I've already phoned for one.

• Options

Pacific Rim does sound like good fun.

My brother just saw it tonight and he thinks it's worth a 4 stars out of 5.
  • Options

Achilles elbow? Or just Dutch?

:)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tim said:

Grandiose said:

@tim - if we can find £1bn, sounds like a good idea. However, might say doubling or tripling the number of people free school meals (by increasing the qualifying income) not have much the same effect? Perhaps the bureaucracy of administering it is what he wants to avoid.

No, you get 100% of pupils in a school on free school meals and the costs per head come down, as you say there's no point collecting bits and pieces from 25% of pupils it defeats the object
    And starting in poor areas obviously reduces the initial costs.
    An excellent evidence based policy for a change.
    Whilst I agree in principle, implementation will be fouled up by mummy arriving at the school gates claiming Kyle and Tyler are vegans.

A bit like every under-occupied council house now seems to house only the disabled and their family carers.

• Options
    Monsters University was enjoyable as well.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Your hat and coat, sir? Here they are.
    A taxi, you say? Actually I've already phoned for one.

Here's a taxi for Parliament's LibDem contingent?

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/6c/e8/6d/big-taxi-bus-tours.jpg
  • Options
    Can there be a more said in hope than expectation statement than this?

Le Tour De France
    *** Security Message for next stages: do not run beside the riders, please respect the race, riders and Le Tour ***

*** Message de Sécurité pour les prochaines étapes : ne courez pas à côté des cyclistes, respectez la course, les coureurs et Le Tour***

#TDF
  • Options

It is not always a handicap, TSE.

''And though thou hadst small Latin and less Greek,
    From thence to honour thee, I would not seek''

• Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    UKIP membership passes the 30K mark. Official.
  • Options

On zombie films: why don't they make on set in medieval times? Knights in armour would be far less prone to being bitte, zombie-knights would be like The Black Knight from Monty Python and there'd be a nice religious angle you could work in too.

http://variety.com/2010/biz/news/zombies-go-medieval-1118026068/

Since that was 2010 Im guessing it has yet to be made.
  • Options
    Nigel Dodds knocked unconscious in north Belfast trouble

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-23295307#TWEET819827
  • Options
    Mr. Child, I'd not heard of that before.

I wonder when people will get tired of zombies.

Anyway, I'm going somewhere cooler (downstairs). Night all.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    tim said:

AveryLP said:

Nomination rejected.

It is not Broad's action which disqualifies, but the precedent set.

If he gets a knighthood then Gordon will have claim too.

Standing one's ground when clearly out is not to be rewarded with honours.

What if your own teammates flood on to the pitch and tell you you're out no matter what the umpire says.

"I fight on I fight to win"
    Was that the inspiration for "I'm a fighter, not a quitter"?
  • Options

Le Tour De France
    *** Security Message for next stages: do not run beside the riders, please respect the race, riders and Le Tour ***

*** Message de Sécurité pour les prochaines étapes : ne courez pas à côté des cyclistes, respectez la course, les coureurs et Le Tour***

#TDF

Well at least Mark Cavendish had a Yellow Jersey of sorts..
  • Options
    Iirc in the 1904 Tour some cyclists got beaten up by supporters of rivals.
    What happened with Cav was bang out of order.
    Even that nasty piece of work Lance Armstrong didn't deserve to get spat on on the Alpe D'Huez ITT.

Le Tour De France

#TDF

Well at least Mark Cavendish had a Yellow Jersey of sorts..
  • Options
    FPT seems like Rodger has a kindred spirit. Jonathan Agnew ‏@Aggerscricket 48m
    As far as I am aware, only Piers Morgan has called Broad a cheat. I most certainly have not. Nowhere in the Laws says you must walk….
  • Options
    @YossariansChild Piers Morgan is by definition and without exception always wrong about everything. Comforting to see that rule confirmed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Nigel Dodds knocked unconscious in north Belfast trouble

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-23295307#TWEET819827

The Pink Order march got the go-ahead through the predominantly homophobic residential area?
  • Options
    Very good point about suits of arm our being the best defense against zombie bites. Poleaxes would also be effective.

I am minded to ask Leicester city council to update their admittedly inadequate zombie defence plan.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Zombies-invade-Leicester/story-12802329-detail/story.html#axzz2Yrrjj7rP

http://variety.com/2010/biz/news/zombies-go-medieval-1118026068/

Since that was 2010 Im guessing it has yet to be made.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

tim said:

Grandiose said:

No, you get 100% of pupils in a school on free school meals and the costs per head come down, as you say there's no point collecting bits and pieces from 25% of pupils it defeats the object
    And starting in poor areas obviously reduces the initial costs.
    An excellent evidence based policy for a change.
    Whilst I agree in principle, implementation will be fouled up by mummy arriving at the school gates claiming Kyle and Tyler are vegans.

A bit like every under-occupied council house now seems to house only the disabled and their family carers.

On reflection, Tim, I can see that. I had in my mind's eye something much bigger than the average primary school which clouded my judgment a little.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited July 2013
    @Avitusparta@Avitusparta 1h

Bedroom Tax: Thousands of carers hit by charge struggling to pay their bills, charity warns http://mirr.im/158wr0j via @DailyMirror

@Avitusparta@Avitusparta 1h

Bedroom Tax: Payday loan firms are cashing in on plight http://mirr.im/158v7dO via @DailyMirror

Martin ‏@laststraw13

No further tax rises needed says George Osbourne,no take it of the poor #Tory plan #austerity #bedroomtax #foodbanks http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/jul/11/george-osborne-deficit-tax-rises

Andrew Spooner ‏@andrewspoooner

Millionaire George Osborne claimed £100k in payments for house & field equal to 137yrs of #BedroomTax at £14per week http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/george-osborne-in-expense-claim-for-paddock-8393737.html

Channel 4 News ‏@Channel4News 8h

Pick of the week from #C4News (2) FactCheck on why Cameron is wrong again on bedroom tax http://bit.ly/1aybVwR

Telegraph News ‏@TelegraphNews

The Prime Minister has refused to rule out personally accepting a 10% pay rise http://fw.to/EiKDO4C

The amateurism of the incompetent fops Osbrowne and Cammie's nasty party.

Remember, We're all in this together.
  • Options
    Any PB Fulham fans.

Fulham: Mohamed Al Fayed sells club to Shahid Khan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23297785
  • Options
    The Ashes: Broad caught at slip appeal turned down from radio 5 with boycott and agnew - how many of us were with Geoffrey than aggers ;-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01cnth3
  • Options

The Ashes: Broad caught at slip appeal turned down from radio 5 with boycott and agnew - how many of us were with Geoffrey than aggers ;-)

I'm with Geoff
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tim said:

Beyond parody

Patrick Wintour ‏@patrickwintour 7m
    Tories wanted to call immigration committee the "hostile environment working group" says Sarah Teather http://gu.com/p/3h9qa/tw via @guardian

Nick Sutton ‏@suttonnick
    Saturday's Guardian - "Ex-minister attacks plot to make Britain ‘hostile’ to immigrants" #tomorrowspaperstoday pic.twitter.com/XEHqapPdUf

"She said the Lib Dems were characterising the reforms in a way that was designed to link immigration to criminality, referring to the coalition idea to make some immigrants pay a "bond". Aides to Nick Clegg briefed journalists to think of the bond as analogous to a bail payment.

The former minister said: "Well that links immigrants to criminals in the public eye," "

Her outspoken intervention came as a fellow Lib Dem, pensions minister Steve Webb, separately warned parties not use language that creates artificial divides in society. Webb, the coalition pensions minister, will tell a Social Liberal Forum conference: "What kind of society do we want to have created? One where disabled people are jeered at in the streets and treated as scroungers?

"Or one where we all know that if things had turned out differently that person on benefit could have been us. Political leadership means not taking the easy route of offering 'red meat to the red tops'."

Webb's remarks are aimed at both the debates on social security and immigration.

He is not targeting his partner in the Department of Work and Pensions Iain Duncan Smith, but more the chancellor George Osborne."

Amazing, the poisonous chancellor is involved.
    Who saw that one?

Someone senior in the Lib Dem party needs to find Sarah a safe seat on the South coast.

Trying to retain Brent Central is putting far too much strain on both her and her party.

Perhaps Lord Rennard could put in for her?

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,995
    Quality journalism and fact checking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76T9_fThH0&feature=player_embedded

I think those names were sent in by Bin Dun Over ...
  • Options
    tim said:

"She said the Lib Dems were characterising the reforms in a way that was designed to link immigration to criminality, referring to the coalition idea to make some immigrants pay a "bond". Aides to Nick Clegg briefed journalists to think of the bond as analogous to a bail payment.

The former minister said: "Well that links immigrants to criminals in the public eye,"

Crikey! It's curious that PB's ethnic crimewatch posters aren't all over this story then since it involves muslims.
    Fatihah | Cake Fairy ‏@Hijabinist

A nail bomb went off outside a mosque in Tipton- BBC News: Blast treated as 'terror incident' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-23291268
    Insert 'humourous' 80's song reference... [ ]

• Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,610
    I think UKIP membership will certainly overtake that of the LDs around the time of the Euro elections next year, although whether they'll be able to keep most of them for any length of time is more difficult to say.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

tim said:

The former minister said: "Well that links immigrants to criminals in the public eye,"

Crikey! It's curious that PB's ethnic crimewatch posters aren't all over this story then since it involves muslims.

A nail bomb went off outside a mosque in Tipton- BBC News: Blast treated as 'terror incident' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-23291268

Micky you do know that TSE is a Muslim?
  • Options

Boycott's reaction reminded me of this ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM

• Options

Mick_Pork said:

tim said:

Sunny you do know that TSE is a tory?

• Options

who got a feeling boycott loved it ;-)
  • Options
    Nabeela Zahir ‏@NabeelaZahir 3m

David Cameron has still not commented on #Tipton despite the fact it is being called a terrorist act
    Surely only a matter of time though since we know how he loves to comment on criminal cases.
  • Options
    Margaret Clift ‏@CollectiveMarg 1h

Another depressing bedroom tax fact: carers who are spouses AND carers of disabled people don't count as carers. http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-cameron-wrong-again-on-bedroom-tax-detail/13885
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frP86R9ZNCM
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

tim said:

Sunny you do know that TSE is a tory?

Yes I do. I've even met him and Mike at the most recent PB bash :)
  • Options

Excellent. I am forwarding to my antipodean friends.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

I think UKIP membership will certainly overtake that of the LDs around the time of the Euro elections next year, although whether they'll be able to keep most of them for any length of time is more difficult to say.

Dont be pessimistic, Andy_JS, modern medicine is making remarkable strides.

• Options
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10177308/Liverpool-Care-Pathway-to-be-axed-in-favour-of-individual-treatment-plans.html

There seems to be a growing body of evidence - not thoroughly examined - that the system was being misapplied. In an area that is morally controversial at the best of times, I don't think it's any surprise that the government is hesitant to have thousands of deaths attributable to a single scheme.
  • Options
    @tim
    Ciaran Jenkins ‏@C4Ciaran 51m

I remain in awe of the dignity shown by Lee Rigby's family. My #c4News report: http://bit.ly/12loeUn
  • Options
    tim said:

Grandiose said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10177308/Liverpool-Care-Pathway-to-be-axed-in-favour-of-individual-treatment-plans.html

There seems to be a growing body of evidence - not thoroughly examined - that the system was being misapplied. In an area that is morally controversial at the best of times, I don't think it's any surprise that the government is hesitant to have thousands of deaths attributable to a single scheme.

"Doctors are expected to be told that, rather than an inflexible national system, each patient in the final days or weeks of their lives should have a personalised treatment plan agreed with their families."

Spin, the LCP is exactly that, if it's been misapplied that's a different matter but the idea that it's an "inflexible national system" is laughable

After the Telegraph campaign passages

"However, it is expected to stress that, when used properly, the pathway has ensured that people experience a “dignified and peaceful” death.
    The principle of national guidelines is strongly supported by doctors. A survey this year found that nine in 10 who used the pathway thought it represented “best practice”."
    I'm not sure you can discount bad practice like that. It will always be linked to the sort of environment it occurs and a change of emphasis - even if it's no change of true practice - could help prevent problems.

It's the potential 'systematic' 'killing' of patients through the abuse of the process that certainly scares me most.

• Options
    Let us remember the great D. R. Jardine “The aim of English cricket, is in fact, mainly to beat Australians.” because "All Australians are an uneducated and unruly mob." Hear Hear.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    GeoffM said:

@YossariansChild

If you like rubbish sci-fi then did you catch Sharknado which was shown for the first time last night on SyFy?
    The trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=iwsqFR5bh6Q
    The bit where a chap chainsaws himself out from inside the shark which has swallowed him is ... memorable.

Daily Mail - Twitter goes into meltdown over 'hilarious' and 'awesome' Sharknado as writers scramble to churn out a sequel

• Options
    tim said:

A lobbying consultancy run by David Cameron’s election guru helped the world’s biggest tobacco company to avoid moves to make cigarettes less attractive to young people.
    Ministers effectively abandoned yesterday efforts to introduce plain packaging for tobacco products. But hours later it emerged that Lynton Crosby’s company, CTF, had been advising Philip Morris Ltd in Britain since November.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/politics/article3815718.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_07_12

Somehow I don't think "As a father" Dave will be posturing about the chocolate oranges at the checkout in the near future.

Link Please?

Oh, you gave one.

"If the deferral is indeed down to Lynton Crosby then I wonder if he’s made a mistake. It looks as though the government is giving in to the tobacco industry."

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754
    Excellent evening down the village hall, why you lot live in cities is puzzling.

Re Nigel Dodd's let's hope it knocks some sense into him ( yeah I know but deep down Im an optimist )
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Ooh Lynton Crosby is a lizard in the pay of Philip Morris....

Sounds like some lefties are sweating on 2015 - nailed on no more ?
  • Options
    tim said:

@MickPork

After the PB Tories swarmed all over Mike for suggesting that Miliband may not lay down and die after Dave's McCluskeyathon, how are they going to cope with this one

"If the deferral is indeed down to Lynton Crosby then I wonder if he’s made a mistake. It looks as though the government is giving in to the tobacco industry."

Ed = I agree with Dave

Where's the conflict ?
  • Options
    What's the difference between tim and a Boeing Dreamliner ??

When a Dreamliner overheats the whining noise stops.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tim said:

"PM "never been lobbied or given advice"

Thats not rehearsed then

Front page of the Times puts Dave in a smoking jacket in the the smoking room with the smoking lobbyist

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/355797329162420224/photo/1

David Cameron: We have a 'problem' with lobbyists

David Cameron has admitted that Parliament has “a problem” with lobbyists in the wake of the latest scandal to engulf the Commons.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10100735/David-Cameron-We-have-a-problem-with-lobbyists.html
    If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is poultry of some kind. :)

• Options
    tim said:

TGOHF said:

What's the difference between tim and a Boeing Dreamliner ??

When a Dreamliner overheats the whining noise stops.

Is it that time on a Friday night where your thoughts turn to Alex Salmonds wife?

Bilderberg tobacco lizards !!!!
  • Options
    tim said:

Thats not rehearsed then

Front page of the Times puts Dave in a smoking jacket in the the smoking room with the smoking lobbyist

how long
    til Ed
    lights a bong?

bit of poetry for you tim, to help with the policy vacuum.
  • Options

tim said:

Thats not rehearsed then

how long
    til Ed
    lights a bong?

bit of poetry for you tim, to help with the policy vacuum.
    Buddha woulda shoulda - didn't.

rEd's epitaph. ..
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,610
    Not looking forward to tomorrow's weather. Yorkshire & Humber could be one of the hottest areas:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23283198
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Andy_JS said:

Not looking forward to tomorrow's weather. Yorkshire & Humber could be one of the hottest areas:

It was still over 24 degrees after 6pm tonight in our patch, god knows what it was mid afternoon. T in the Park is going to be cooking.

• Options
    The Sun - The Heroes and Villains of Westminster

"HERO: George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer

He’s had it from all sides relentlessly, has Gideon-George-Jeffrey Osborne. And not least from us, breaking the ‘Jeffrey-gate’ and #Shamburger stories about him in the last month alone. Twelve months ago, with the fall out from the Omnishambles Budget at its peak, the Westminster wisdom was that the 42 first born son of a 17th baronet was finished. David Cameron would have to dump him as Chancellor if he wanted to stand any chance of getting re-elected in 2015. George hated it, but he took it all on the chin, buckled down and stuck to his plan of steady spending cuts alongside a very proactive monetary policy. And at long last, the numbers are now working for him. After five miserable years, growth has finally taken a firm hold and is accelerating. Nobody is saying he’s gone too far, too fast now – and that has left Labour in a terrible mess. As Osborne himself modestly put it this week: “The opposition is crumbling. On austerity, welfare reform and education, we have moved the centre ground of British politics”. He still needs to watch that tendency to terrible public arrogance. But with his McLobster and President Whathisname jokes this week, he has also proved he is at long last capable of laughing at himself. More importantly, he has made an outright Tory win in 2015 more than a realistic possibility again. Boy George is back.

VILLAIN: Alex Salmond, Scotland’s First Minister

It was the moment that Britain had waited 77 years for. Andy Murray sank to his knees as he became the first male British winner of Wimbledon - and the nation united in joy. Well, nearly the whole nation. Because Alex Salmond, who is leading the fight for Scotland to leave the UK, could not resist seizing the moment to sow a little deeply pathetic division. The Scottish First Minister had a prime seat in Centre Court - just behind David Cameron. And as the PM wildly applauded Andy's triumph, the shameless Scottish First Minister seized the chance to unveil a huge blue and white Saltire and wave it behind his head. Enforcing politics on that most special of all moments was an appalling misjudgement, and it backfired terribly. But Salmond's stunt also demonstrated something more serious. The 58-year-old has become desperate in his attempts to convince people of the merits of an independent Scotland, because he is painfully aware his Scottish National Party are losing the big economic argument. And if he loses the independence referendum next year, he – like we – know he’s finished."

• Options
    Sun GO love in - lolz.
  • Options
    tim said:

fitalass said:

Andy_JS said:

It was still over 24 degrees after 6pm tonight in our patch, god knows what it was mid afternoon. T in the Park is going to be cooking.

Or smokin'
    As Lynton and Dave say.
    Like Bernie and Tony used to say.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Sun GO love in - lolz.

The Sun is definitely going to shine hot up here in Scotland tomorrow too. :)

• Options
    edited July 2013
    fitalass said:

The Sun - The Heroes and Villains of Westminster

"HERO: George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer

He’s had it from all sides relentlessly, has Gideon-George-Jeffrey Osborne. And not least from us, breaking the ‘Jeffrey-gate’ and #Shamburger stories about him in the last month alone. Twelve months ago, with the fall out from the Omnishambles Budget at its peak, the Westminster wisdom was that the 42 first born son of a 17th baronet was finished. David Cameron would have to dump him as Chancellor if he wanted to stand any chance of getting re-elected in 2015. George hated it, but he took it all on the chin, buckled down and stuck to his plan of steady spending cuts alongside a very proactive monetary policy. And at long last, the numbers are now working for him. After five miserable years, growth has finally taken a firm hold and is accelerating. Nobody is saying he’s gone too far, too fast now – and that has left Labour in a terrible mess. As Osborne himself modestly put it this week: “The opposition is crumbling. On austerity, welfare reform and education, we have moved the centre ground of British politics”. He still needs to watch that tendency to terrible public arrogance. But with his McLobster and President Whathisname jokes this week, he has also proved he is at long last capable of laughing at himself. More importantly, he has made an outright Tory win in 2015 more than a realistic possibility again. Boy George is back.

VILLAIN: Alex Salmond, Scotland’s First Minister

It was the moment that Britain had waited 77 years for. Andy Murray sank to his knees as he became the first male British winner of Wimbledon - and the nation united in joy. Well, nearly the whole nation. Because Alex Salmond, who is leading the fight for Scotland to leave the UK, could not resist seizing the moment to sow a little deeply pathetic division. The Scottish First Minister had a prime seat in Centre Court - just behind David Cameron. And as the PM wildly applauded Andy's triumph, the shameless Scottish First Minister seized the chance to unveil a huge blue and white Saltire and wave it behind his head. Enforcing politics on that most special of all moments was an appalling misjudgement, and it backfired terribly. But Salmond's stunt also demonstrated something more serious. The 58-year-old has become desperate in his attempts to convince people of the merits of an independent Scotland, because he is painfully aware his Scottish National Party are losing the big economic argument. And if he loses the independence referendum next year, he – like we – know he’s finished."

*tears of laughter etc.*

Perfect.

The perfect week for it too. ;D

This discussion has been closed.