Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Who should we include in the next PB/YouGov Favourability rati

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited November 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Who should we include in the next PB/YouGov Favourability ratings?

In August PB was able to have its own YouGov favourability ratings. I am pleased to say that we are now in a position to go forward with a similar survey.

Read the full story here

Comments

• George Osborne for David Cameron
  • From last thread:

According to wikipedia Farron claims to have joined the LibDems at age 16, so that would be 1986.

So, when was Cathy screened in around 1985 or 86 such that he was fired up to join Shelter and then LibDems?

He says it was on TV and therefore not a repeat shown at school as Mr Jessop mentions.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    Second, after the cheating bastard TSE got the first.
    RobD said:

Second, after the cheating bastard TSE got the first.

argh.. I spent too much time on my insults :)
  • George Osborne for David Cameron

Good one. Osborne is till a player and likely to be so.

I'm thinking of "Senior judges".

• JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400
    edited November 2016

Nigel Farage
    Marianne Le Pen (sp)
    "The EU"?
  • John McDonnell, one of the most dangerous men in Britain?
  • Elwyn Davies MEP.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @britainelects: Westminster voting intention:
    CON: 42% (+1)
    LAB: 28% (+1)
    UKIP: 11% (-)
    LDEM: 9% (-2)
    GRN: 4% (-)
    (via YouGov / 14 - 15 Nov)
  • JonathanD said:

Donald Trump
    Nigel Farage
    Marianne Le Pen (sp)

Marine Le Pen is the presidential candidate

Marion Le Pen (Marion Maréchal-Le Pen) is her niece, and more right wing

Spelling counts!

JonathanD said:

Donald Trump
    Nigel Farage
    Marianne Le Pen (sp)

Spelling counts!
    Then who is Marianne Le Pen? :D
  • Scott_P said:

Lib Dem moving up on.... ahhh hmmm
  • John McDonnell
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Warren ?
    Donald Trump
    Vladimir Putin
    Angela Merkel
    Conservative Party
    Labour Party
    Liberal Democrats
    UKIP
    SNP
    Theresa May
    Boris Johnson
    David Davis
    Phillip Hammond
    Jeremy Corbyn
    Tim Farron
    Obsorne
    MPs generally
    Your MP
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,547
    edited November 2016
    BBC News - best source of news
    Internet blogs - best source of news

Edited - question maybe less leading
  • If there are 4 Conservative candidates to make mischief with, it seems only fair to have at least 2 Labour.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    edited November 2016
    Add Liam Fox. Maybe Tusk too.
    RobD said:

JonathanD said:

Donald Trump
    Nigel Farage
    Marianne Le Pen (sp)

Spelling counts!
    Leonard Cohen's lover?
    Keir Starmer
  • If there are 5 Conservative candidates to make mischief with, it seems only fair to have at least 2 Labour candidates.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,530

From last thread:

According to wikipedia Farron claims to have joined the LibDems at age 16, so that would be 1986.

So, when was Cathy screened in around 1985 or 86 such that he was fired up to join Shelter and then LibDems?

He says it was on TV and therefore not a repeat shown at school as Mr Jessop mentions.

FPT:
    I wouldn't be so sure... 'on TV' could be a TV pulled into the classroom. That's different from 'Live TV'.

That makes me wonder: I would have seen them in the 1979 to 1982 timeframe - i.e. before VHS (I think). What would they have played them off?
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Scott_P said:

Still essentially as you were since May took over. Longest honeymoon on record?
  • Legality of political patties.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    Osborne
    Trump
    Merkel

I think the ratings for Merkel vs Trump will help us gauge what the British people want from our trading relationship.

Add Liam Fox. Maybe Tusk too.

Tusk - 5 approve, 10 disapprove, 85 DK
  • RobD said:

JonathanD said:

Donald Trump
    Nigel Farage
    Marianne Le Pen (sp)

Spelling counts!
    A political point, I guess. Marianne is a symbolic figure of the republic.
    Ed Balls
  • This is going to upset those who thought yesterday YouGov had Leave on 68%

By 46% to 43% those polled by YouGov say it was right to vote to leave the EU
  • wasdwasd Posts: 276
    Modi and Jinping?
    Also the Queen and possibly Charles.

This is going to upset those who thought yesterday YouGov had Leave on 68%

Remain still getting crushed in the polls :D
    Plaid Cymru
    wasd said:

For HM there is the MORI tracker.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,184

Elwyn Davies MEP.

Ha! I was going to say we need someone made up, and good old Elwyn seems as good as any.

• Also on the list should be 'people who put pineapple on pizza'
  • Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Watched the first episode of "The Grand Tour" last night. I thought "The American" sucked, wasn't too impressed with the new track, and some of the humor was a bit forced.

But I think Amazon is on to a real winner once the show finds its feet, which won't take long.

I was quite surprised in the closing credits to see how many names I recognized from Top Gear credits.

In conclusion - great show which will only get better.

Only right to vote to leave the EU? So they're open to persuasion on the actual leaving part.
    Sarah Olney

Only right to vote to leave the EU? So they're open to persuasion on the actual leaving part.
    Much worse for your side I'm afraid, the poll yesterday was 68% of people think we should leave the EU.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,774
    Is there any point putting things no one cares about on the list? Like the LibDems.
    RobD said:

wasd said:

I thought it might be interesting to see a comparison using the same sample and with the same weighting methodology rather than try and translate from one to the other.
    wasd said:

RobD said:

wasd said:

I thought it might be interesting to see a comparison using the same sample and with the same weighting methodology rather than try and translate from one to the other.
    A fair point!
  • AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    Junker
    Nicola S
    Elmo from Sesame Street
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,961

Shit question. Should ask "We have voted to leave - would you vote to overturn that decision?"

JonathanD said:

Donald Trump
    Nigel Farage
    Marianne Le Pen (sp)

Spelling counts!
    Prettier.

But madder.
  • @TSE Where do you stand on potato on pizza?
    rcs1000 said:

Is there any point putting things no one cares about on the list? Like the LibDems.

The Alternative Vote
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Nigel Farage

• The judiciary. Gove, Osborne.
    Ruth Davidson
  • @TSE Where do you stand on potato on pizza?

Nearly as bad as pineapple on pizza.
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Marine le Pen ?
  • I am not a pizzarist, but potato on pizza sounds a bit weird.

• Nigel Farage

Is he God?

• This is going to upset those who thought yesterday YouGov had Leave on 68%

Shit question. Should ask "We have voted to leave - would you vote to overturn that decision?"
    We had that question yesterday.
    edited November 2016
    Scott_P said:

twitter.com/gdnpolitics/status/799650013332709377

The grass gets longer every day...

It does say an interim deal may be required. So I'm not sure that it will actually delay anything.

@TSE Where do you stand on potato on pizza?

Nearly as bad as pineapple on pizza.
    Not sure we can be friends now.....
    Cthulhu
  • RobD said:

JonathanD said:

Donald Trump
    Nigel Farage
    Marianne Le Pen (sp)

Spelling counts!
    Leonard Cohen's lover?
    How long was she, really?
    I think it'll be "no" by a comfortable margin. Interestingly, a lot of my Italian Facebook friends are voting "no" because they are worried about what a Five Star government without mean if Italy were to become unicameral.
  • Scott_P said:
    We're not going to "sever all ties with Europe! What are we going to do, sail away to Diamantina?
  • From last thread:

FPT:
    I wouldn't be so sure... 'on TV' could be a TV pulled into the classroom. That's different from 'Live TV'.

That makes me wonder: I would have seen them in the 1979 to 1982 timeframe - i.e. before VHS (I think). What would they have played them off?
    I think VHS hit Britain in 1978 or 79, although expensive at first, but by 1982 there would be plenty around iirc.
  • Potato on pizza, surprisingly, is quite normal in Italy (and surprisingly nice for those in need of a carb overload).
  • Another question for the survey: who would you like to see banned from this site?
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Nigel Farage

Is he God?

Ermmm?

• Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Cthulhu

One of the funnier things about the US Presidential election was the "Chulhu for President" meme. Campaign slogan, "Why settle for the lesser evil?"
  • MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,921

@TSE Where do you stand on potato on pizza?

Chorizo, Rosemary and Potato pizza in the fridge for this evening. Given I'm moping around with a stinking cold I've been looking forward to it all day.

We're not going to "sever all ties with Europe! What are we going to do, sail away to Diamantina?

That's what people voted for. The government has to deliver it sooner than immediately.
  • Mr. Meeks, so it's Mafia-approved? A topping you can't refuse?

We had that question yesterday.
    It's the only one that matters.
  • SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited November 2016
    Diane Abbott, last year she was a nobody, this year Shadow Home Secretary, next year..?
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    Can they not do comedy fruit and veg polls like they do in Spain?

Nigel Farage

Is he God?

God will have to ask Nigel Farage before he's able to answer that one.

From last thread:

FPT:

I think VHS hit Britain in 1978 or 79, although expensive at first, but by 1982 there would be plenty around iirc.
    Betamax pre-dated VHS slightly, but VHS won out
    rcs1000 said:

I think it'll be "no" by a comfortable margin. Interestingly, a lot of my Italian Facebook friends are voting "no" because they are worried about what a Five Star government without mean if Italy were to become unicameral.
    I wonder what comes after a "No" vote? Even if Renzi decides to try to tough it out, might there be more instability and another Eurozone eruption?

Cthulhu

One of the funnier things about the US Presidential election was the "Chulhu for President" meme. Campaign slogan, "Why settle for the lesser evil?"
    I reckoned that we were probably going to survive the Trump presidency the morning after the election, when Cthulhu failed to emerge from the abyssal depths to spread fire, rage and insanity. That is, there probably will be plenty of fire, rage and insanity anyway, but not quite on an apocalyptic scale.
  • We're not going to "sever all ties with Europe! What are we going to do, sail away to Diamantina?

That's what people voted for. The government has to deliver it sooner than immediately.
    What rubbish. Our "foreign policy" ties with EU member states include our defence treaty with France, NATO, Le Touquet, and so many others. Nobody voted to end those.
  • We're not going to "sever all ties with Europe! What are we going to do, sail away to Diamantina?

They voted to leave the EU. The EU isn't Europe.

The Nats have the same problem, forever equating the SNP with Scotland.
  • SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095

Scott_P said:
    We could close the Channel tunnel.
  • @Morris_Dancer It's either that or pizza napoletana (tonight you eat with the fishes).
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279
    As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
    I've got a little list — I've got a little list,
    Of society offenders who might well be underground...

• nunununu Posts: 6,024
    edited November 2016
    Include Putin and Merkel again please. Would really like to see what the u.k public think about these two.
    and Le Pen aswell, would be nice to seee how many Brits know who she is.
    Tim_B said:

From last thread:

FPT:

Not everywhere. My old man swore by Betamax and used to bring blank tapes back with him from Indonesia, where it was still the leading format long after they stopped selling them here.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    Scott_P said:
    First Sunday of Advent, in my opinion.
    tlg86 said:

Can they not do comedy fruit and veg polls like they do in Spain?
    oh for goodness sakes. Renzi will lose easily, f8 the polls, if the politicians would get out of their ivory towers long enough they would know he has zero chance of winning this.
  • AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited November 2016

Diane Abbott, last year she was a nobody, this year Shadow Home Secretary, next year..?

The wheel is round; what goes up... etc, etc.

Is "has been" a step up or down from "nobody"?
    tlg86 said:

Scott_P said:
    Advent is a fast, Christmas is a feast. So not until 25 December I'm afraid!

rcs1000 said:

I wonder what comes after a "No" vote? Even if Renzi decides to try to tough it out, might there be more instability and another Eurozone eruption?

Cthulhu

I reckoned that we were probably going to survive the Trump presidency the morning after the election, when Cthulhu failed to emerge from the abyssal depths to spread fire, rage and insanity. That is, there probably will be plenty of fire, rage and insanity anyway, but not quite on an apocalyptic scale.
    If the referendum is lost, Renzi will resign and another politician from the DP will become PM, in all likelihood.

Tim_B said:

From last thread:

FPT:

Not everywhere. My old man swore by Betamax and used to bring blank tapes back with him from Indonesia, where it was still the leading format long after they stopped selling them here.
    Betamax was the superior format in terms of video and sound quality, but VHS was cheaper and had a longer playing time per cassette.

Dancing the cha cha cha, Diane Abbott and Pasha Kovalev!
    Michael McDonald ‏@ElectProject 20h20 hours ago

Sanders wins the NH write-ins, with 4,493 votes (0.6%)
    Transgender bathroom Gov. guy loses eventhough Trump won easily, should be a warning shot about putting someone who is too socially conservative on the supreme court.

Marc E. Elias ‏@marceelias 3h3 hours ago

Big day in North Carolina—Gov. Elect Cooper’s lead jumped to 6,026. I expect this to continue to grow as the canvass continues.
    0 replies . 69 retweets 119 likes
  • tlg86 said:

Scott_P said:
    1st weekend after 6th...
    TBH i'm not massively fussed when other people start to "feel Christmassy". Do slightly hate The Dome in Edinburgh putting their lights up in October though.

tlg86 said:

Scott_P said:
    1st weekend after 6th...
    TBH i'm not massively fussed when other people start to "feel Christmassy". Do slightly hate The Dome in Edinburgh putting their lights up in October though.
    In the days when Sears Roebuck had catalogs, we would get the 'Sears Christmas Wish Book' in the mail in late August or early September.
    Slow news day, so I'm just going to park this here

https://twitter.com/gdnpolitics/status/799656119245402112

and retire to a safe distance...

Leader of the opposition........
    On topic: Gary Lineker?
    Early chatter of a GOP rebellion over the Sessions appointment. Hopefully Trump and his team reconsider, it would be an absolutely terrible idea. Conservative I understand, openly racist against blacks, I don't.
This discussion has been closed.