Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And now what you really wanted to know about LEAVE and REMAIN

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited November 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And now what you really wanted to know about LEAVE and REMAIN voters – how often they change their underpants/knickers

politicalbetting.com is proudly powered by WordPress with "Neat!" theme. Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS).

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,972
    edited November 2016
    Leavers are a bunch of minging bastards.

But this thread is not pants
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,547
    Second time round, like UKIP pants
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Oh dear. The Brexit Brain Trust are not going to like this thread...

Apparently posting a poll is "laughing at people". Or something.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,961
    Skid-marks as we brake sharpish for a new thread......
  • stodgestodge Posts: 12,745
    edited November 2016
    Afternoon all :)

Possibly the most profound piece of political analysis I've seen this year - or perhaps not.

There is nothing in these figures that surprises or shocks me at all. From that, I derive the comfort that civilisation is safe for now.

The price however is eternal vigilance - or Persil, or Ariel or Bold.
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Polling gets Remainers knickers in a twist.

• PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Has anyone checked if the polling is accurate ?
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @PaulBrandITV: Paul Johnson of IFS pulls no punches:By 2021 wages STILL below 2008, worst growth for 70 yrs "One cannot stress enough how dreadful that is"
  • Why on earth would someone commission such a daft poll...

Skid-marks as we brake sharpish for a new thread......

"Shy skidders"
  • Real leavers go commando.
  • Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

That would require a change in the law. Woody Allen showed us the way:

"In addition to that, all citizens will be required to change their underwear every half-hour. Underwear will be worn on the outside so we can check."
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535
    edited November 2016

Why on earth would someone commission such a daft poll...

The same stupid reason pollsters in the US ask if Hillary is the Devil or Ted Cruz the Zodiac Killer, people will talk about it.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    There was a time before Paul Johnson, that the IFS wasn't so media hungry. They would release the data and let others draw their own conclusions. How I long for those days.
  • EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    glw said:

The same stupid reason pollsters in the US ask if Hilary is the Devil or Ted Cruz the Zodiac Killer, people will talk about it.
    Remember that time they asked people what they thought the Pyramids were for because of some idiot comment Ben Carson made?

Good times.

So we can disgusset..
    Next polling question for Yougov

"Do you satisfy the wife ?"

/

"Is your husband good in bed ?"
  • nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Andrew neil interviewing "Britain First" saying they will take the laws into their own hands.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHDC7S2KHg

So we can disgusset..
    LOL

So we can disgusset..
    :smile:
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited November 2016
    I see BBC have gone for the "back to Wigan Pier" headline...And it isn't true.

Bloody fake news, ban them all.
  • Presumably "not applicable" is going commando? In which case, one in ten Kippers is letting it all hang out. Quite a thought.
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,047

So we can disgusset..
    Hahaha - excellent.

So we can disgusset..
    That's awesome.

So we can disgusset..
    Hall of famer.
  • AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    I take it somebody is really interested in identifying 'the Great Unwashed'.

Good afternoon, everyone.
  • ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    Don't forget to subtract 4% from the "one time wearers" and add that on to the "turn them inside out" lot, to account for the Shy Skidmark factor
  • Presumably "not applicable" is going commando? In which case, one in ten Kippers is letting it all hang out. Quite a thought.

I wonder if there is less to hang out.
  • I suppose he's getting his intelligence from Russia

https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/801784770258763776
  • not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,340
    edited November 2016
    WTF - This poll sample is clearly skewed to liberal metropolitan once a day changers. My Twitter feed is buzzing with once-a weekers sick of being ignored by the mainstream underwear industry.
  • Is it true that God created economists to make opinion pollsters look good?

:lol:

So we can disgusset..
    This thread is complete PANTS!

Au contraire. They're just not wearing knickers under the lederhosen. Think of them as leather knickers.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789

I suppose he's getting his intelligence from Russia

President-elect Donald Trump has received two classified intelligence briefings since his surprise election victory earlier this month, a frequency that is notably lower — at least so far — than that of his predecessors, current and former U.S. officials said.

That's a good sign. He's not overawed by the spooks.
    We need to recount and audit these results.

How many of the "one a day" are peddling shitty lies ?
    Pulpstar said:

We need to recount and audit these results.

How many of the "one a day" are peddling shitty lies ?

The survey is flawed by not giving the OCD option of 'Never' a chance.
  • I suppose he's getting his intelligence from Russia

President-elect Donald Trump has received two classified intelligence briefings since his surprise election victory earlier this month, a frequency that is notably lower — at least so far — than that of his predecessors, current and former U.S. officials said.

That's a good sign. He's not overawed by the spooks.
    More experts - who needs 'em?
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    edited November 2016
    The real lead is being buried. It seems that one in 11 kippers go commando daily.

EDIT I see Sir Norfolk is on the case already.
  • PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Oh my word

Guardian
    The ‘tears of joy’ emoji is the worst of all – it’s used to gloat about human suffering | Abi Wilkinson https://t.co/kA4JMc0tbN

The real lead is being buried. It seems that one in 11 kippers go commando daily.

More boringly, Kippers more likely to find the question intrusive and just not answer.

• Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,047

Presumably "not applicable" is going commando? In which case, one in ten Kippers is letting it all hang out. Quite a thought.

I wonder if there is less to hang out.
    What an unusual thing to spend your time wondering about.
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,785
    edited November 2016

More boringly, Kippers more likely to find the question intrusive and just not answer.

Taking the analysis rather too seriously for a moment. Fewer Kippers are saying not applicable to jeans, which runs against the invasion of privacy argument, whilst more Kippers are washing their jeans more often even when not washing their underpants. Labour supporters are not washing their jeans daily, which runs against a manual labour dirty outer layers explanation. I would suggest that higher jean washing percentage indeed supports going commando as the likely explanation.

EDIT: Wot no reply? New threads???
  • So it is official, Leavers are odious, and more likely to smell of wee and poo.
    Pro_Rata said:

Taking the analysis rather too seriously for a moment. Fewer Kippers are saying not applicable to jeans, which runs against the invasion of privacy argument, whilst more Kippers are washing their jeans more often even when not washing their underpants. Labour supporters are not washing their jeans daily, which runs against a manual labour dirty outer layers explanation. I would suggest that higher jean washing percentage indeed supports going commando as the likely explanation.
    Some people clearly have too much time on their hands.
  • PAWPAW Posts: 1,074
    Says something about the quality of the replies to YouGov surveys - people ticking the boxes to just get through the survey.
  • So it is official, Leavers are odious, and more likely to smell of wee and poo.

But remainers' trousers and jumpers are notably more minging.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

What's the not applicable line?

Are they saying 1% of women don't wear knickers?
    PlatoSaid said:

Oh my word

Guardian
    The ‘tears of joy’ emoji is the worst of all – it’s used to gloat about human suffering | Abi Wilkinson https://t.co/kA4JMc0tbN

It's a good job nobody is dying from hunger or oppression any longer, so they can get the serious stuff in life brought out into the open.

• MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

WTF - This poll sample is clearly skewed to liberal metropolitan once a day changers. My Twitter feed is buzzing with once-a weekers sick of being ignored by the mainstream underwear industry.

What do you mean "once a day"? The question was once or twice, not 'how long?'. I, for one, only wear my underwear once. But that is for a month before they fall to pieces. Then I put on the new pair.
  • Unrelated (or possibly related - I don't know) - I recently came across the acronym LGBTQ. I understand the Q stands for Queer. Could someone explain to me what queer means if it is not gay or lesbian. Also are lesbians not automatically gay as well? (Can you be a not gay lesbian?) Seems they could make do with GBT perfectly adequately. I seek enlightenment on these important matters.

Is there any correlation between sexuality and underwear habits?
    On topic, how are we supposed to categorise edible undies?
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,972
    edited November 2016
    Patrick said:

Unrelated (or possibly related - I don't know) - I recently came across the acronym LGBTQ. I understand the Q stands for Queer. Could someone explain to me what queer means if it is not gay or lesbian. Also are lesbians not automatically gay as well? (Can you be a not gay lesbian?) Seems they could make do with GBT perfectly adequately. I seek enlightenment on these important matters.

The Q also stands for questioning.

Edit - They are also trying to reclaim the word queer.
  • Jokes aside, what tiny difference there is here is I suspect nothing more than Leavers being slightly older and poorer than Remainers, on average.

Next.
    Patrick said:

Unrelated (or possibly related - I don't know) - I recently came across the acronym LGBTQ. I understand the Q stands for Queer. Could someone explain to me what queer means if it is not gay or lesbian. Also are lesbians not automatically gay as well? (Can you be a not gay lesbian?) Seems they could make do with GBT perfectly adequately. I seek enlightenment on these important matters.

Cambridge colleges' student unions all have LGBT officers. It occurred to me that for the all-women colleges they should change it to BLT officer.
  • Patrick said:

Since I asked the question does that mean I count as LGBTQ too?
    Patrick said:

So it is official, Leavers are odious, and more likely to smell of wee and poo.

But remainers' trousers and jumpers are notably more minging.
    The famous Thatcher remain jumper only got one outing.
  • PAWPAW Posts: 1,074
    What does the I stand for in LGBTQI ?
    edited November 2016
    Deleted.
  • PAW said:

Intersex, I believe.
  • PAW said:

Intersex
  • Patrick said:

Patrick said:

Since I asked the question does that mean I count as LGBTQ too?
    Depends
    edited November 2016

Depends

You've got it. That explains the high UKIP N/A figure.

https://www.depend.co.uk/depend-for-men-underwear

PAW said:

Intersex
    Aren't we all
  • I love the fact the Chief Whip's pet tarantula is called Cronus

https://twitter.com/George_Osborne/status/801805202827444225
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,094
    stodge said:

Possibly the most profound piece of political analysis I've seen this year - or perhaps not.

There is nothing in these figures that surprises or shocks me at all. From that, I derive the comfort that civilisation is safe for now.

If you were looking for a story from this rather peculiar set of questions, it isn't the changing frequency findings, but the 9% of UKIP voters who don't appear to wear underwear at all.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/tony-blair-holds-private-talks-with-nick-clegg-before-return-to-frontline-politics-a3403651.html

Tony Blair has held private talks with Nick Clegg ahead of the former Labour prime minister’s return to frontline politics with a new centre-ground campaign.
    IanB2 said:

stodge said:

If you were looking for a story from this rather peculiar set of questions, it isn't the changing frequency findings, but the 9% of UKIP voters who don't appear to wear underwear at all.
    See my post below. They wear disposable underwear. :)
  • On topic, how are we supposed to categorise edible undies?

After being worn 6-9 times, inedible I'd say. But then I voted Remain.
  • Good afternoon, everyone.

FPT: np, Mr. Eagles, I'm familiar with such technical woe.

On-topic: the jumpers question would confound me as I tend to only wear them for brief periods at a time (usually when walking the dog) so I don't wash them regularly at all on that basis.
  • stodgestodge Posts: 12,745

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/tony-blair-holds-private-talks-with-nick-clegg-before-return-to-frontline-politics-a3403651.html

Tony Blair has held private talks with Nick Clegg ahead of the former Labour prime minister’s return to frontline politics with a new centre-ground campaign.

To be accurate, Blair has also spoken to Osborne and others and it's an interesting move. I find for the strong hostility toward Blair from the centre and centre-left, the centre-right and Right had, until the Iraq War, a grudging admiration and respect for Blair.

On other matters, an interesting critique of yesterday's Autumn Statement:

http://www.publicfinance.co.uk/opinion/2016/11/what-was-missing-autumn-statement?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_term=

It seems the adage still holds true about there being more questions than answers.
  • F1: BBC helpfully confirms that ursine defecation habitually occurs in arboreal proximity:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38092740
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,774

Jokes aside, what tiny difference there is here is I suspect nothing more than Leavers being slightly older and poorer than Remainers, on average.

Next.

Really?

I thought this mostly proved that Leavers were more honest than Remainers.
    Seems a bit much for a British supermarket to sue Icelandic businesses for using their own country's name.
  • The story of the serial killer convicted yesterday only figured at #3 on the news. I have to say the account given here does not fill me with great confidence in our police service. Not that I had much anyway.

Doubtless some of the inadequate response may have been due to condescending attitudes and/or homophobia, but mostly it seems that the police aren't, collectively, very bright or inquisitive. Which is unfortunate, to put it mildly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38045742
    How deep are Campbell's pockets ?
  • Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669

Seems a bit much for a British supermarket to sue Icelandic businesses for using their own country's name.

One of the largest manufacturers of commercial ice making machines in the US uses the trademark 'Scotsman'. Don't see the Scots suing somehow....
  • MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Looks like that tweet could be expensive.

The story of the serial killer convicted yesterday only figured at #3 on the news. I have to say the account given here does not fill me with great confidence in our police service. Not that I had much anyway.

Doubtless some of the inadequate response may have been due to condescending attitudes and/or homophobia, but mostly it seems that the police aren't, collectively, very bright or inquisitive. Which is unfortunate, to put it mildly.

They've been blaming dating apps. Which is a nonsense.
  • Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Regarding the survey above, as a kid I was always told to put on a clean pair of underpants every day. The problem was that after a week or so I couldn't get my trousers on. :smile:
    @MP_SE I'm not normally a fan of our libel laws, but I can make an exception here.
    MP_SE said:

Looks like that tweet could be expensive.
    A newspaper editor suing for libel?
  • kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    Does Stein have any chance of overturning the votes in the rust belt for hilary?
    Jill Stein, liberals seek voting hack investigation
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/politics/election-hack-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html
    edited November 2016
    kjohnw said:

Does Stein have any chance of overturning the votes in the rust belt for hilary?
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/politics/election-hack-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html

No. All she is doing is destroying my time value of money.

She is the worst.
  • Pulpstar said:

The story of the serial killer convicted yesterday only figured at #3 on the news. I have to say the account given here does not fill me with great confidence in our police service. Not that I had much anyway.

They've been blaming dating apps. Which is a nonsense.
    An interest part is the two men that say they were sexually assaulted and/or raped by Port but, for various reasons, did not bring this to the attention of police.
  • MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    kjohnw said:

No.

It remains to be seen whether Stein can raise the $7-8m needed for this idiotic stunt.
  • Pulpstar said:

@MP_SE I'm not normally a fan of our libel laws, but I can make an exception here.

There is a very nasty side to Alastair Campbell which is in full view here.

And he can't always use depression or alcohol as an excuse.

To think this man had his hands on the reins of British Government for years.
  • Pulpstar said:

How deep are Campbell's pockets ?

Too full of dead Iraqis and UK servicemen and -women?
    edited November 2016
    MP_SE said:

kjohnw said:

No.

It remains to be seen whether Stein can raise the $7-8m needed for this idiotic stunt.
    People are handing their money over.

On the plus side it allowed me to get 1.04 on Michigan.

10,704 votes is an enourmous number to overturn (The numbers are effectively verified) - if it was ~ 1,000 there'd be a small chance.

Wisconsin and Pennsylvania are right out.
    Note that Michigan is entirely "optical scan"/ pencil & paper - hence the "vote hack" line is pure bunkum.

The GOP governor candidate in North Carolina is also losing disgracefully.
  • Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    OMG Blair and Campbell back in the public eye. Run for the hills! It's the Zombie Apocalypse
    Tim_B said:

One of the largest manufacturers of commercial ice making machines in the US uses the trademark 'Scotsman'. Don't see the Scots suing somehow....
    From the bit TSE quoted it sounds like what Iceland (the country) objects to is Iceland (the supermarket) suing their own businesses and they want to put a stop to it. Seems reasonable to me.
  • MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

surely the country's name is entirely different - Ísland ...
  • Jokes aside, what tiny difference there is here is I suspect nothing more than Leavers being slightly older and poorer than Remainers, on average.

Next.

It is remarkably similar - unlike, for example UKIP voters who often have a world view distinctively different than Con/Lab/Lib - my favourite being them much more likely to see cyclists going through red lights than anyone else......
  • Mr. Rog, reminds me of the (not yet released) Sir Edric assessment of Corkwell (his paramour) and her cooking.

"Her approach to cooking is the same as her approach to undead."
    "Sir?"
    "She tries to kill it with fire."
  • Pulpstar said:

There is a very nasty side to Alastair Campbell which is in full view here.

And he can't always use depression or alcohol as an excuse.

To think this man had his hands on the reins of British Government for years.
    It is not as if anyone died because of something Campbell said.
    Oh wait, someone mentioned Iraq?
This discussion has been closed.