Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Local By-Election Review March 2017

SystemSystem Posts: 11,008
edited March 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Local By-Election Review March 2017

Higher Croft on Blackburn with Darwen (Lab defence, death of sitting member) Result: Labour 446 (58% +12%), United Kingdom Independence Party 190 (25% -8%), Conservative 133 (17% -4%) Labour HOLD with a majority of 256 (33%) on a swing of 10% from UKIP to Lab However, late yesterday afternoon it was discovered that the Labour candidate should not have been nominated as he was employed by an organisation that Blackburn with Darwen council have a material interest in, therefore the election was declared null and void

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,969
    Thanks for this, Mr. Hayfield.

Hope Mr. Mortimer can have his ban lifted shortly.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,943
    At Lord Bell's 'glass half full' party last night to honour Brexit 'he mentioned talking to Liam Fox, a university peer of Nicola Sturgeon’s, who revealed that they used to call her seaweed as “not even the tide would take her out”. “We’re going to need to work on that diversity training,” surprise guest Cherie Blair rightly interjected.'
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/londoners-diary-finally-michael-gove-flees-the-notting-hill-set-a3498331.html
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Tory candidate Amy Gray compares Theresa May to Clement Attlee "Gray thinks — though poles apart politically — that May is in character like Clement Attlee. “His leadership style was ‘let’s get on with the job’. And he rose through the ranks, as May did: she started as a councillor, then was a backbench MP, then Home Secretary.”
    http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/how-theresa-may-handled-her-toughest-week-yet-as-prime-minister-a3498306.html
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    Reflecting on this week's terrible events in London, it occurs to me that in bygone days the nation would have received a Prime Ministerial broadcast in response to such an event. Harold Wilson was a regular user of Ministerial broadcasts during his 1964 -70 Government. To a lesser extent Ted Heath and Jim Callaghan made use of them in the 1970s. For whatever reason , they do appear to have gone out of fashion in recent years - yet ,personally, I would find such an approach more dignified than simply speaking from a lectern in the middle of Downing Street.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748
    Ch4 seems to have an endless supply of slightly unnerving, very blond women who wish to defend Trump.

I'm not sure quite what worries me about this - C4, Trump, the women, or my reaction to one or other of these things. Glass of wine needed!
  • Options
    Just received the Leave.EU weekly missive. Arron Banks' divorce from UKIP seems complete.

He says: "I count my blessings that we are leaving the European Union every day, but the country still faces serious problems that successive governments have not only failed to address, but aggravated: mass immigration, housing, income inequality and security to name but a few.

These challenges will continue to be unsolved until a united force in British politics emerges equipped with a vision of how our country should be run. UKIP may yet become that force, and I wish them well. But I am in no mood to wait, which is why we have decided to launch a new movement, The Patriotic Alliance."

Pity that the name Patriotic Alliance is shared with a South African party whose founder is a convicted bank robber.
  • Options
    Mr. Omnium, what's wrong with blondes? You blondist follico-prejudicist!
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    justin124 said:

Reflecting on this week's terrible events in London, it occurs to me that in bygone days the nation would have received a Prime Ministerial broadcast in response to such an event. Harold Wilson was a regular user of Ministerial broadcasts during his 1964 -70 Government. To a lesser extent Ted Heath and Jim Callaghan made use of them in the 1970s. For whatever reason , they do appear to have gone out of fashion in recent years - yet ,personally, I would find such an approach more dignified than simply speaking from a lectern in the middle of Downing Street.

The audience, and broadcasting media, has fractured. Who would watch such a thing now?
  • Options
    Mr. Orphan, it's not a great name for a party, but depending how things progress, it could grow rapidly. Will Farage join?
  • Options

I'd have thought my 'very blond' rather suggested the opposite prejudice! Nonblondist follico-prejudice?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Speaker Ryan calls Trumpcare vote off https://twitter.com/BBCJonSopel/status/845358417472573443
  • Options
    Mr. Omnium, don't try and mansplain your patriarchal heteronormative cisgender bias!
  • Options
    To veer in the approximate direction of being on-topic, it's spring time for Conservatives and the Lib Dems, winter for UKIP and Labour.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    matt said:

justin124 said:

The audience, and broadcasting media, has fractured. Who would watch such a thing now?
    The US President regularly addresses the American people. It's weekly I think.

http://www.conservativedailynews.com/2017/01/watch-president-trump-makes-first-weekly-address-to-the-american-people/

Worth trying in UK on important occasions?
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    matt said:

justin124 said:

It will be normal post Brexit. The continuity announcer will be a lady in evening dress who will say "This is the BBC Home Service (aka R4). And now, an announcement by the Prime Minister" and we shall all gather round and listen...

:D
  • Options

Mr. Omnium, don't try and mansplain your patriarchal heteronormative cisgender bias!

If you try hard you may be able to construct a sentence without using any real words. Or did you do that already under the guise of "Theodolite"?.. :)

• Options

A bit neo-Aryan perhaps?
  • Options

:+1::+1:

Now we're talkin' ..... Oh yeah... :):)
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811

matt said:

justin124 said:

http://www.conservativedailynews.com/2017/01/watch-president-trump-makes-first-weekly-address-to-the-american-people/

We can do without listening to whining Tories every week, less is more in this case.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924

Mr. Orphan, it's not a great name for a party, but depending how things progress, it could grow rapidly. Will Farage join?

He should call it Veritas.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    HYUFD said:

Speaker Ryan calls Trumpcare vote off https://twitter.com/BBCJonSopel/status/845358417472573443

Worthy of House of Cards. There are exactly the right number of sensible and crazy Republicans to mean that nothing can pass
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

He should call it Veritas.
    I thought there was one? Or has it gone the way of the dodo?
  • Options

matt said:

justin124 said:

It will be normal post Brexit. The continuity announcer will be a lady in evening dress who will say "This is the BBC Home Service (aka R4). And now, an announcement by the Prime Minister" and we shall all gather round and listen...

You mean we'll still have electricity after Brexit?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

HYUFD said:

Worthy of House of Cards. There are exactly the right number of sensible and crazy Republicans to mean that nothing can pass
    Choo Choo! #trumptrain right on time!

https://twitter.com/ClintonM56/status/845359888360505345
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Evening Ms.C. – You’ve started early on the cooking sherry :lol: - what’s for supper?
  • Options

Reading between the lines - yes I think it's likely.

They will look to target what they term corrupt MPs and support Independent candidates but seem to be developing a socially conservative platform that could morph into a party.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

If you try hard you may be able to construct a sentence without using any real words. Or did you do that already under the guise of "Theodolite"?.. :)

I know it's 'Thaddeus' really. I now feel sufficiently guilty I'll have to buy another of your books too!
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

matt said:

justin124 said:

Occasionally but only so that a light is shone on our barbarism and depravity.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Nancy Pelosi meanwhile has effectively destroyed Ryan's Speakership in less than 2 years
  • Options
    £9.79 MD - if I find 'mansplain' in there I'll want a refund!
  • Options
    Mr. Omnium, huzzah!

Mr. Orphan, I think Farage might wait and see if South Thanet gets re-run, then jump ship after he's either stood there or it's confirmed there's no re-run.

Mr. 1000, to be fair, Farage is an odd sort of political heavyweight, which Kilroy-Silk never was.

Mrs C, clearly a neo-Aryan alt-right populist propagandist.
  • Options
    Mr. Dancer, the first scene has the heir to the throne massaging a princess' feet. Not quite mansplaining.

And thanks, I hope you like it.

I made this helpful list of reasons why Kingdom Asunder's the perfect book for everyone:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy2CnNPWgAEwF55.jpg
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Interesting that despite the much publicised Lib Dem by election Renaissance they're still by a long shot a distant third in local election votes.
  • Options

Mr. Dancer, the first scene has the heir to the throne massaging a princess' feet. Not quite mansplaining.

And thanks, I hope you like it.

I made this helpful list of reasons why Kingdom Asunder's the perfect book for everyone:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy2CnNPWgAEwF55.jpg

You better add 'As a salve to guilty feelings!' - and don't get too carried away, you're losing it -you're Mr Dancer, not me!
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Trump - what a disaster. The GOP campaigned against Obamacare since 2010. Trump campaigned on it. Now with the White House, Senate and the HoR in GOP hands, they cannot pass a bill.

In UK we will call it - what a bunch of pillocks !!
  • Options
    matt said:

justin124 said:

I am not sure what you mean by saying the audience has fractured. In the past, such broadcasts would have been carried by all BBC and ITV channels - very much like Party Political Broadcasts.
  • Options
    I was distracted by working incredibly hard, and not at all listening to a Deadpool parody of Gaston's song on Twitter.

Mind you, it's still better than the time I signed off an e-mail to an artist with the wrong name. *sighs*
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,966
    Omnium said:

Ch4 seems to have an endless supply of slightly unnerving, very blond women who wish to defend Trump.

I'm not sure quite what worries me about this - C4, Trump, the women, or my reaction to one or other of these things. Glass of wine needed!

Slightly unnerving? She was freakin' scary!
    Also about as authentically blonde as Bet Lynch's shower trap.
  • Options

Omnium said:

Slightly unnerving? She was freakin' scary!
    Also about as authentically blonde as Bet Lynch's shower trap.
    Don't go there... it'll cost you £9.79
  • Options

Mr. Omnium, huzzah!

Mr. Orphan, I think Farage might wait and see if South Thanet gets re-run, then jump ship after he's either stood there or it's confirmed there's no re-run.

Mr. 1000, to be fair, Farage is an odd sort of political heavyweight, which Kilroy-Silk never was.

Didn't Robert Kilroy-Silk actually manage to get elected as an MP, unlike Nigel Farage?
  • Options

Evening Ms.C. – You’ve started early on the cooking sherry :lol: - what’s for supper?
    Supper will be fresh baked chocolate muffins with a nice cup of green tea.

If you were referring to the evening meal it was my version of Chicken Satay with red and yellow peppers on fried rice.

No cooking sherry was harmed in the preparation of these foods... *hic!*
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Mr. Omnium, for a hundred thousand words of wondrous writing. It's a veritable bargain!

Edited extra bit: Mrs C, huzzah for chocolate muffins! Boo hiss to green tea.

Mr. 1000, yes, but wasn't that as a Labour, rather than Veritas, MP?
  • Options
    matt said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

Occasionally but only so that a light is shone on our barbarism and depravity.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    justin124 said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

I am not sure what you mean by saying the audience has fractured. In the past, such broadcasts would have been carried by all BBC and ITV channels - very much like Party Political Broadcasts.
    PPBs simultaneously on all 3 channels was communist Cuba level thought control, and thank goodness we have seen the last of it. I think we probably now get open air statements from Downing Street for the boring reason that audio technology has developed to the point that you don't have to be in a studio to be fully audible.
  • Options

Mr. Omnium, huzzah!

You are just getting better and better Mr Dancer :+1:

Time to go and do some muffins :)
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Thanks Harry , however Redcar Hutton was a Conservative hold noy a Gain from Labour . The Conservatives won all 3 seats in the ward in 2015
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    Oh to be a fly on the wall in Trump's house right now.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    justin124 said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

That was when we had 2, 3, 4 or 5 channels, not over 200 as now (and that is just Freeview!)
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    justin124 said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

The declining number of total TV viewers have typically around 70+ channels to choose from - not forgetting catch-ups pf various kinds, etc, etc, etc It is a different world.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Apparently the Republican house voted over 60 times during Obama's presidency to repeal the ACA. But when given the chance to actually do it...
  • Options

Apparently the Republican house voted over 60 times during Obama's presidency to repeal the ACA. But when given the chance to actually do it...

Virtue signallers..
  • Options

Pelosi must now be licking her lips at the prospect of next year's midterms!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

That was when we had 3, 4 or 5 channels, not over 200 as now (and that is just Freeview!)
    I understand that - but just as many viewers would have been likely to see a Ministerial Broadcast as saw the PM standing at a lectern in the middle of Downing Street.
    When Neville Chamberlain broadcast on Sunday 3rd September 1939 to inform the country that it was at war, a good third of the population did not have access to a wireless - but that did not prevent the broadcast from taking place.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited March 2017
    HYUFD said:

Jonathan Sopel has the gravitas of an overexcited thirteen-year-old girl. Alistair Cooke, not.
  • Options
    Anyway, time for me to be off. Just a reminder qualifying starts at 6am (I don't think it's on Channel 4, but fortunately I have a small wireless).

My pre-qualifying ramble is here: http://enormo-haddock.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/australia-pre-qualifying-2017.html
  • Options

Thanks for this, Mr. Hayfield.

Hope Mr. Mortimer can have his ban lifted shortly.

He may of course take his bat home, as Yorkshire folk would say, having concluded that he wants nothing more to do with PB.com.
  • Options

Interesting that despite the much publicised Lib Dem by election Renaissance they're still by a long shot a distant third in local election votes.

This month, yes, from an unusually low base. Last month, they were first from a higher base. Month to month vote totals are dubious as they are skewed by the location of the largest two or three contests. But the trend since June is clear - Lib Dems somewhere in the region of doubling vote from a low base. Nobody sensible says they're back to 2010 levels. But they're in the equation again.

• Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

That was when we had 3, 4 or 5 channels, not over 200 as now (and that is just Freeview!)
    I understand that - but just as many viewers would have been likely to see a Ministerial Broadcast as saw the PM standing at a lectern in the middle of Downing Street.
    When Neville Chamberlain broadcast on Sunday 3rd September 1939 to inform the country that it was at war, a good third of the population did not have access to a wireless - but that did not prevent the broadcast from taking place.
    When Chamberlain made his broadcast you could guarantee 2/3 of the country would listen to the broadcast as their was no choice, now viewers could simply switch over to Film4, SkySports etc or surf the internet. If the PM makes a broadcast when the news is on they will cover it but even then the main network news broadcasts get a far lower audience than they used to
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

That was when we had 2, 3, 4 or 5 channels, not over 200 as now (and that is just Freeview!)
    3 - I don't think Channel 4 ever carried the simulcasts, though they may have continued for a bit on the original 3 after 4 came into existence.
  • Options
    Does anyone know why the hashtag #IstandwithTomWatson is trending on Twitter? Have I missed something? (And please, only give me an answer if it is short, reasonably accurate and generally comprehensible. I know that's a big ask, but I've had a tough day and I haven't got time to try to remember all the fuss that's been going on in the Labour Party for the last few months - life's too short.)
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

matt said:

justin124 said:

If it's weekly, no-one knows or notices. More likely annually (State of the Union), during election seasons, and when there is a truly national issue, such as a terror attack on US soil or major military casualties. Not routinely weekly, at least not on any level that impinges the public's consciousness.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

When Chamberlain made his broadcast you could guarantee 2/3 of the country would listen to the broadcast as their was no choice, now viewers could simply switch over to Film4, SkySports etc or surf the internet. If the PM makes a broadcast when the news is on they will cover it but even then the main network news broadcasts get a far lower audience than they used to
    The last Prime Ministerial Broadcast I recall was Blair at the time of the Iraq invasion in March 2003 - which was well into the multi-channel era - which suggests that it remains an option to be considered.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

3 - I don't think Channel 4 ever carried the simulcasts, though they may have continued for a bit on the original 3 after 4 came into existence.
    They don't carry the Queen's Speech either but an alternative broadcast
  • Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

matt said:

justin124 said:

The last Prime Ministerial Broadcast I recall was Blair at the time of the Iraq invasion in March 2003 - which was well into the multi-channel era - which suggests that it remains an option to be considered.
    Freeview was only introduced in 2002 and the internet was not as widespread then as now and there were no smartphones either, plus it was the launch of a pretty major war, probably the only time we will see such multiple channel PM broadcasts again (other than major national events like Royal Weddings or State Funerals)
  • Options

Does anyone know why the hashtag #IstandwithTomWatson is trending on Twitter? Have I missed something? (And please, only give me an answer if it is short, reasonably accurate and generally comprehensible. I know that's a big ask, but I've had a tough day and I haven't got time to try to remember all the fuss that's been going on in the Labour Party for the last few months - life's too short.)

Dunno to be honest, although a few days ago I suggested he might prove to be very fair value to back as the next Labour Leader at odds of 33/1 with Laddies, compared with next best bookies' odds of 25/1. I rate him as being the 4th or maybe 5th most likely candidate whereas he barely scrapes into the top ten with the bookies.
    As ever, DYOR.
  • Options

matt said:

justin124 said:

On the internet and C-SPAN
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Mr. Omnium, huzzah!

Didn't Robert Kilroy-Silk actually manage to get elected as an MP, unlike Nigel Farage?
    For which party ?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,313
    surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

Mr. Omnium, huzzah!

For which party ?
    Labour I think.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    The Le Pen / Putin photo op is interesting. It seems like a stupid move - there's only votes to be lost for Le Pen in it, none to be gained. If Putin is meddling, why would he want to do anything to dampen her popularity? Neither politician is an idiot, they must be aware of this. So why do it?
  • Options
    comic relief is struggling for the comedy elements... powerful stuff is done well though
  • Options

comic relief is struggling for the comedy elements... powerful stuff is done well though

I sometimes think they would raise more money if they promised not to show the programme
  • Options

The Le Pen / Putin photo op is interesting. It seems like a stupid move - there's only votes to be lost for Le Pen in it, none to be gained. If Putin is meddling, why would he want to do anything to dampen her popularity? Neither politician is an idiot, they must be aware of this. So why do it?

Don't be so sure, Le Pen voters won't care and in the runoff plenty of Melenchon voters have some sympathy for Putin and he is now 4th
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

Virtue signallers..
    At least you concede that wanting to repeal Obamacare is a virtue.
  • Options

The story I heard is that the FN is cash poor, and will struggle to finance both the Presidential and the Parliamentary elections this year. Visiting Russia was mostly about raising money.
  • Options

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

Mr. Omnium, huzzah!

For which party ?
    Labour I think.
    Indeed for 12 years in fact as MP for Knowsley followed later for 5 years as an MEP for the East Midlands.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

I sometimes think they would raise more money if they promised not to show the programme
    We're switching off to avoid the comedy bits and watching the important but tough stuff.... That's not always the case
  • Options

If the Pew opinion polls are correct (http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/08/05/russia-putin-held-in-low-regard-around-the-world/) Russia has 30:70 favourable:unfavourables in France.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

Makes her look presidential and an international player.
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478

Wahoo!

"Trumpcare" loses in the House.

Sorry, you just can't bully a constitution.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

If the Pew opinion polls are correct (http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/08/05/russia-putin-held-in-low-regard-around-the-world/) Russia has 30:70 favourable:unfavourables in France.
    Putin has almost double the popularity in France he has in the UK on that poll
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

At least the Pubs do a rip-roaring business once a year as people seek to escape the boring TV marathon.
  • Options

Dunno to be honest, although a few days ago I suggested he might prove to be very fair value to back as the next Labour Leader at odds of 33/1 with Laddies, compared with next best bookies' odds of 25/1. I rate him as being the 4th or maybe 5th most likely candidate whereas he barely scrapes into the top ten with the bookies.
    As ever, DYOR.
    Thanks Peter. Someone seems to have stuck a stick into the hornet's nest that is the modern Labour Party, judging by the comments it is generating.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Virtue signallers..
    Yeah, & every time some alt righty whines out 'virtue signaller', they're acknowledging virtue.

Well played in conceding that.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693

2022?
  • Options
    edited March 2017

HYUFD said:

We're switching off to avoid the comedy bits and watching the important but tough stuff.... That's not always the case
    They could do the important but tough stuff in an hour's documentary, am switching over to watch 'Fury' on ch5
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

LOL, Vietnam 75:10 favourable to Russia.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

At least the Pubs do a rip-roaring business once a year as people seek to escape the boring TV marathon.
    Yes 'Comic Relief free' night is a gift for landlords and they could always do their own fundraisers on the same night
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    rcs1000 said:

The story I heard is that the FN is cash poor, and will struggle to finance both the Presidential and the Parliamentary elections this year. Visiting Russia was mostly about raising money.
    Does she not have an empty mansion that somebody could buy for a $100 million?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,298
    edited March 2017

HYUFD said:

Dude, help I agree with TPD Reckless.

https://twitter.com/michaelsavage/status/845242956600750081
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

https://xkcd.com/1252/
  • Options
    It's all the Democrats fault - Trump.
  • Options
    Wales have completely lost the plot. They should be down to 9 men.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Because #I lie with Tom Watson is open to misinterpretation?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

https://xkcd.com/1252/
    Still, more French voters like Putin than have yet committed to vote for Le Pen in the first round
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Dude, help I agree with TPD Reckless.

https://twitter.com/michaelsavage/status/845242956600750081
    If we have to pay higher prices for French beef, Welsh farmers can fill in the gap
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,313
    Charles said:

Because #I lie with Tom Watson is open to misinterpretation?
    I can't think of any positive interpretation of that.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

LOL, Vietnam 75:10 favourable to Russia.
    No surprise there, he also has a net positive favourability rating in China and India, South Korea, Nigeria, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Tanzania and Ethiopia
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

GeoffM said:

Virtue signallers..
    Yeah, & every time some alt righty whines out 'virtue signaller', they're acknowledging virtue.

Well played in conceding that.
    You don't understand the phrase. The signalling part is the unpleasant bit.
  • Options
    valleyboyvalleyboy Posts: 605
    tlg86 said:

and Ireland should have had a player sent off in the first half.
  • Options
    valleyboy said:

tlg86 said:

and Ireland should have had a player sent off in the first half.
    Missed that, Wales could be going out of the World Cup tonight.
This discussion has been closed.