Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » In the local by-elections since last May the parties supported

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited April 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » In the local by-elections since last May the parties supported mostly by REMAINERs have performed best

Follow @MSmithsonPB // < ![CDATA[ // < ![CDATA[ xfunction(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); // ]]>

Read the full story here

Comments

• BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    First
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    Leavers don't care about parish councils etc etc
  • LD's are recovering from a very low base
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Grand National

Rogue Angel

Wonderful Charm

Wounded Warrior
  • 5th like Harry Kane's goal but for the cross bar
  • ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    Another header about PCBEs? You're going to look very silly if the LDs don't make sweeping gains next month...
  • Another header about PCBEs? You're going to look very silly if the LDs don't make sweeping gains next month...

Nailed on LD majority in 2020?

Another header about PCBEs? You're going to look very silly if the LDs don't make sweeping gains next month...

What counts as sweeping?

Can somebody help me out: what does PCBE stand for?
    Fun fact, the two of those LD by election gains to take place round my way, are both up for election this May, and neither of the winners is restanding.
    kle4 said:

What counts as sweeping?
    150 seats, I'd say. They lost 124 in 2013 and the mood music from the ultra-partisan amongst the LDs is that all of that and more will be got back.
    BigRich said:

Parish Council By Election.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    edited April 2017
    BigRich said:

Guessing: Parish Council By-Elections.

I guess used by people for whom elections only count when their side wins. ;)

Edit: ninja'd by KLE4

kle4 said:

What counts as sweeping?
    150 seats, I'd say. They lost 124 in 2013 and the mood music from the ultra-partisan amongst the LDs is that all of that and more will be got back.
    Seems possible, a little more than the Rallings and Thrasher prediction, but won't be easy.
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    The headline is not true of Labour.
  • MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    kle4 said:

Fun fact, the two of those LD by election gains to take place round my way, are both up for election this May, and neither of the winners is restanding.

What is round your way ?

kle4 said:

What is round your way ?
    Wiltshire.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786

Remainers did support Labour. Do they now?
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2017
    O/T

The polling ratings of the Swedish Moderate Party appear to have taken a significant dip in the last few weeks, with most other parties benefiting. The two most recent polls put them on 15.4% and 17.8%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_Swedish_general_election,_2018#Parties

BigRich said:

I've been dismissive of them long before the name was coined here. And I voted LD in 2015, so enough with the snide "their side" comments.

There are two major problems with using them to judge what will happen at a parliamentary general election:

(1) Small sample size
    (2) Many of them don't have the same parties standing as previously

We can learn more from a single parliamentary by-election (with appropriate care given to any special circumstances) than months of PCBEs. We can also learn more from an annual round of council elections than from months of PCBEs, but possibly not than we learn from parliamentary by-elections.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Gosh, there can't be any other reason can there?

Looking forward to the Lib Dems forming the next government.... not.

• PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    kle4 said:

Perhaps they did not think they would be elected. One measure of the movement towards a party is that people get elected unexpectedly. I wonder how many of the current crop of Conservative MPs who got elected only because the Conservatives cheated at the general election, will stand down next time.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Scott_P said:

Grand National

Rogue Angel

Wonderful Charm

Wounded Warrior

Is that the job spec for the next UKIP leader?
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    The consensus here a few days ago on Labour was that they will do significantly worse in terms of seats than the academics are forecasting. Things have hardly improved for them since then, with Livingstone and the rest.

If Labour losses are much greater, so also must be some other party(ies)' gains.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,755

LD's are recovering from a very low base

They have about 1,900 local council seats, their lowest number since 1992. They ought to be winning seats back.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited April 2017
    Sandpit said:

When compared to the French company, the British one is less likely to retrain existing staff, but also more likely to hire staff for specific projects, and more likely to hire people at all rather than robots.

There are advantages and disadvantages of both approaches, so the UK, having previously concentrated on getting people out of bed in the morning, now need to focus on employee training/retraining and under-employment/casual contracts.

Indeed the UK not only has an unemployment rate close to full employment (5.4% vs 10.5% in France) but our participation rate is completely different too. We have 78.4% labour force participation rate compared to 55.9% in France.

Comparing macroeconomic efficiency figures between those two models without the rest of the picture is not seeing the woods for the trees.
    PClipp said:

kle4 said:

Perhaps they did not think they would be elected. One measure of the movement towards a party is that people get elected unexpectedly. I wonder how many of the current crop of Conservative MPs who got elected only because the Conservatives cheated at the general election, will stand down next time.
    One was definitely unexpected, they are still at uni. The other was expected but has changed work and family situations. It was no criticism.
  • BigRich said:

Can't be that as the figures don't include any parish council level by-elections (they are not principal authorities). Anyway, I suppose we broadly know what ThreeQuidder means - local council by-elections..

More Remainers than Leavers still I believe.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,755

Sandpit said:

Indeed. Hiring a high school dropout who has never worked before may mean that they need a lot of couching and support. They probably will not be at all efficient. But over time their confidence and experience can grow and they will become more efficient eventually.

Or we can leave them on the scrapheap of mass youth unemployment whereby they have no role or potential or future. But hey at least they're not depressing our macroeconomic efficiency figures right?

When compared to the French company, the British one is less likely to retrain existing staff, but also more likely to hire staff for specific projects, and more likely to hire people at all rather than robots.

There are advantages and disadvantages of both approaches, so the UK, having previously concentrated on getting people out of bed in the morning, now need to focus on employee training/retraining and under-employment/casual contracts.
    Indeed the UK not only has an unemployment rate close to full employment (5.4% vs 10.5% in France) but our participation rate is completely different too. We have 78.4% labour force participation rate compared to 55.9% in France.

Comparing macroeconomic efficiency figures between those two models without the rest of the picture is not seeing the woods for the trees.

Without doubt, French productivity numbers are very impressive, but the downside is that the least productive sections of the population can't get employed.
    Charles said:

Scott_P said:

Grand National

Rogue Angel

Wonderful Charm

Wounded Warrior

Is that the job spec for the next UKIP leader?
    Brilliant
    Sean_F said:

Without doubt, French productivity numbers are very impressive, but the downside is that the least productive sections of the population can't get employed.

Indeed what is not clear to me is which is cause and which is effect.
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072
    @Sean_F, out of interest, what's the French welfare system like? Is it generous?
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    edited April 2017

Sandpit said:

Indeed. Hiring a high school dropout who has never worked before may mean that they need a lot of couching and support. They probably will not be at all efficient. But over time their confidence and experience can grow and they will become more efficient eventually.

Or we can leave them on the scrapheap of mass youth unemployment whereby they have no role or potential or future. But hey at least they're not depressing our macroeconomic efficiency figures right?

Agree, the labour markets in UK and France are very different, any single statistic will be way out of context on its own - but then most people using them are politicians not economists!

The participation rate in France is much lower than I expected, even with the higher unemployment. I'd guess that many fewer married women work in France, and that there isn't the same pressure on housing costs as in the UK. Other factors would be that immigration has had a lower impact on the middle income jobs in France, so eg. a skilled tradesman can earn enough to support a family.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,909
    LIBDEMS - SPINNING HERE!!!

BigRich said:

Can't be that as the figures don't include any parish council level by-elections (they are not principal authorities). Anyway, I suppose we broadly know what ThreeQuidder means - local council by-elections..
    I think the nickname was coined after Corbyn made a big deal about winning an actual parish council by-election.

But the name fits so well...
    edited April 2017
    Time for Tim Farron to give us a rendition of Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards?
    edited April 2017
    isam said:
    Quite the weirdest hour of television I've seen in ages.

Ed Miliband and four comedians, who introduce him alongside a big stone promising not to take the piss, then five minutes about Syria, chemical weapons and difficult decisions, then 40 minutes of relentless pisstaking (at which he actually did okay), then a couple of sketches at the end before finishing with a song!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C08hiJe6g_k

Not sure many people will take him too seriously any more to be honest, unfortunately for Alistair's 200/1 bet!
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,909

Time for Tim Farron do give us a rendition of Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards?
    Leave in Silence by Depeche Mode
    Leaving me Now by Level 42
    Only When You Leave by Spandau Ballet
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    Sandpit said:

isam said:
    Quite the weirdest hour of television I've seen in ages.

Ed Miliband and four comedians, who introduce him alongside a big stone promising not to take the piss, then five minutes about Syria, chemical weapons and difficult decisions, then 40 minutes of relentless pisstaking (at which he actually did okay), then a couple of sketches at the end before finishing with a song!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=C08hiJe6g_k

Not sure many people will take him too seriously any more to be honest, unfortunately for Alistair's 200/1 bet!
    Not sure about the betting aspect, I think Ed would need to remodel his public image anyway if he did want to return to the front bench. (Think Boris)

Sandpit said:

IIRC the UK unemployment rate is now down to 4.8 %
  • Scott_P said:

Grand National

Rogue Angel

Wonderful Charm

Wounded Warrior

Good luck, ScottP.

Fwiw, my speculative suggestions are Blaklion, Double Shuffle, O'Faolains Boy, and Measureofmydreams.

• Time for Tim Farron do give us a rendition of Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards?
    50 ways to leave your lover Paul Simon
  • HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    edited April 2017
    "... a skilled tradesman can earn enough to support a family...."

Given the rates they charge I'd be amazed if a skilled tradesman couldn't support a family in the UK. I have had various work done recently and even decorators, a semi-skilled job, don't come for less than £200 a day. The chap who did the bathroom was £400 a day and I still cannot find a brickie at any price.
  • MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Given the rates they charge I'd be amazed if a skilled tradesman couldn't support a family in the UK. I have had various work done recently and even decorators, a semi-skilled job, don't come for less than £200 a day. The chap who did the bathroom was £400 a day and I still cannot find a brickie at any price.

I still cannot find a brickie at any price

Tried this?

http://www.checkatrade.com/Search/?location=hurstpierpoint&cat=1379

• GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

Scott_P said:

Grand National

Rogue Angel

Wonderful Charm

Wounded Warrior

Good luck, ScottP.

Fwiw, my speculative suggestions are Blaklion, Double Shuffle, O'Faolains Boy, and Measureofmydreams.

Over the last two or three threads I think just about every horse has been name-checked!

I can only afford one complete lottery this weekend and I'm going to make it the Chinese Grand Prix.
  • rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    BigRich said:

Sandpit said:

IIRC the UK unemployment rate is now down to 4.8 %
    In west Berkshire it's 1.3%, in Reading it's 3%. These are 2013 figures. It could go below 5% if the rest of the UK was more like Berks. http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local-news/small-fall-reading-unemployment-figures-4048759

Come on, government: intervene before breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,706
    edited April 2017
    The header of this thread is wrong given a majority of Labour voters voted Remain and they have lost 13 seats since last May and most SNP voters also voted Remain and they have lost 2 seats. The main reason the LDs have risen the most is because they performed so abysmally from 2010-2015 so the only way was up

I still cannot find a brickie at any price

Tried this?

http://www.checkatrade.com/Search/?location=hurstpierpoint&cat=1379

Yes, Mr Hopkins, I have. Brickies either don't turn up at all, or fail to submit an estimate, or, in two instances, submit acceptable estimates but then don't actually start work. There is so much housebuilding going on around here that a skilled bricklayer can basically write his own pay cheque and doing a week's worth of repointing doesn't seem to be worth their while.
  • HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185

Sean_F said:

My boss is French and I asked her about why she left, simply in France once you are in an industry that is it for your career. You cannot move about, you cannot change roles, you stay in that role until you retire and of course you get promoted etc. But you are stuck in that narrow role forever.
    This may explain productivity and the unemployment rate.
    edited April 2017
    On BBC Parliament's replay of the 1992 election John Major and Chris Patten and Douglas Hurd now arriving at CCO to euphoric party workers now having won an overall majority
  • justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    HYUFD said:

The header of this thread is wrong given a majority of Labour voters voted Remain and they have lost 13 seats since last May and most SNP voters also voted Remain and they have lost 2 seats. The main reason the LDs have risen the most is because they performed so abysmally from 2010-2015 so the only way was up

That is a fair point . Also nearly 40% of Tories voted Remain!
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

That is a fair point . Also nearly 40% of Tories voted Remain!
    Certainly, including me
    HYUFD said:

Even a dead cat bounces slightly.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    edited April 2017

Good luck, ScottP.

Cheers Peter.

I didn't realise this was a Brigadoon thread. A post by PtP. Only appears once every hundred...

EDIT: the sneaky tip I got from "the dream team" at Cheltenham is apparently still running...
  • stodgestodge Posts: 12,741
    Afternoon all :)

I hope those enjoying the 1992 election coverage will enjoy the 1997 coverage which may be shown over Easter.
    stodge said:

Afternoon all :)

I hope those enjoying the 1992 election coverage will enjoy the 1997 coverage which may be shown over Easter.

Something for Tory and Labour voters (and to be charitable the latter need it more than the former at the moment!)
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,122

Time for Tim Farron do give us a rendition of Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards?
    LDs - 50 shades of yellow by Mark Oaten exMP
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,670
    HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

My boss is French and I asked her about why she left, simply in France once you are in an industry that is it for your career. You cannot move about, you cannot change roles, you stay in that role until you retire and of course you get promoted etc. But you are stuck in that narrow role forever.
    They do get good salaries , and for early retirement etc they can get big payouts unlike the measly sums often doled out in UK. Very good pensions as well , far far superior to UK.
  • Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,224
    edited April 2017
    Scott_P said:

Good luck, ScottP.

Cheers Peter.

I didn't realise this was a Brigadoon thread. A post by PtP. Only appears once every hundred...

EDIT: the sneaky tip I got from "the dream team" at Cheltenham is apparently still running...
    If you believe anything 'the dream team' tells you, you must be a very gullible man, Scott.

Atb
  • surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

kle4 said:

What counts as sweeping?
    It could be 175.
  • MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,921
    My tip for the National is a place for Le Mercurey - can't see why Nichols is running him unless he expects a repeat performance of his chase of Many Clouds in December.

DYOR.
    malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

They do get good salaries , and for early retirement etc they can get big payouts unlike the measly sums often doled out in UK. Very good pensions as well , far far superior to UK.
    Presumably 'You can't touch me I'm part of the Union' is your theme tune eh, Malc?
    Things starting to hot up I see......
    Tesco CEO Dave Lewis, speaking at a press conference this morning at the Welwyn Garden City Headquarters, announced that the UK retailer will be relocating head offices to Malta. This decision was taken following several discussions with shareholders, with the majority of shareholders showing preference of relocating to Malta instead of to Cyprus, the next best option for the brand’s relocation.
  • surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

More Remainers than Leavers still I believe.
    It is the Remainers party.
  • HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

If you are in, you are in and you get the benefits. The problem is if you aren't employed then it is hard to find a job, much harder than here and the younger you are the harder it is.
    The best route would be the best of both worlds, but that is going to be very difficult to somehow get to.
    edited April 2017
    Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

Presumably 'You can't touch me I'm part of the Union' is your theme tune eh, Malc?
    What has that got to do wit hFrench have better social policies than the UK. Lots of derision on here whilst UK workers are treated like crap compared to other countries. Key point is apart from the US the UK is the meanest country in te civilised world to its non rich resoidents. I presume from your silly remark that you hav eplent yof cash and don't like peasants to get uppity.

PS: I am no lefty I am among the top 5-10 % salary wise in the in the UK but recognise the malaise in the union
    NOOORRRRWWWWICCCCHHHHH

Balls will be proud :)
    edited April 2017
    malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

What has that got to do wit hFrench have better social policies than the UK. Lots of derision on here whilst UK workers are treated like crap compared to other countries. Key point is apart from the US the UK is the meanest country in te civilised world to its non rich resoidents. I presume from your silly remark that you hav eplent yof cash and don't like peasants to get uppity.

PS: I am no lefty I am among the top 5-10 % salary wise in the in the UK but recognise the malaise in the union
    Australia, Spain, Italy, Japan amongst developed nations all have tougher welfare states or longer working hours than the UK does
    malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

The only 'malaise in the union' is being stoked by uppity Nationalists in Scotland...

Better standards of living for the lower paid will be most speedily achieved through reducing supply of those willing to work at low wages.

• FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

Tell people in Normandy and Brittany that they get good salaries........

You might be surprised at what they tell you.
    Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

The only 'malaise in the union' is being stoked by uppity Nationalists in Scotland...

Better standards of living for the lower paid will be most speedily achieved through reducing supply of those willing to work at low wages.

The Tories and their chums will not cut off that suppply for sure
    malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

The SNP don't seem to want to; what is this week's desired outcome?

• IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    GeoffM said:

HYUFD said:

Even a dead cat bounces slightly.
    Must be a rubber cat to make it up to two thirds of the vote in Aylesbury...
  • MrsBMrsB Posts: 574
    malcolmg said:

Tesco CEO Dave Lewis, speaking at a press conference this morning at the Welwyn Garden City Headquarters, announced that the UK retailer will be relocating head offices to Malta. This decision was taken following several discussions with shareholders, with the majority of shareholders showing preference of relocating to Malta instead of to Cyprus, the next best option for the brand’s relocation.

you should have read down to the bottom of the article mate:
    "Image courtesy of Business Insider. NB: The information in this article is completely fake. This is part of a university project, and does not reflect the truth. All quotations are fabricated and are not to be taken as true"
    felix said:

LDs - 50 shades of yellow by Mark Oaten exMP
    Wonder what happened to him? *innocent face*
    Mortimer said:

Beneath a veneer of conservatism your rhetoric is that of a Trotskyite. In other circumstances you'd be mouthing off about 'scabs' undermining the proletariat by 'willing to work at low wages'.
    MrsB said:

malcolmg said:

"Image courtesy of Business Insider. NB: The information in this article is completely fake. This is part of a university project, and does not reflect the truth. All quotations are fabricated and are not to be taken as true"
    LOL!
    Floater said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

Tell people in Normandy and Brittany that they get good salaries........

You might be surprised at what they tell you.
    May well , I only know ones from big companies so may well be different elsewhere.
    edited April 2017
    MrsB said:

malcolmg said:

Thanks for that , it was boring enough reading what I did , and outside in sun so hard enough to see at best. I shall give myself a good talking to.
    edited April 2017
    Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

Scotland could do with some immigration and some decent policies , if only the UK government would allow it.
    PS: You sound like a snotty little twerp, hope you find yourself as one of those low paid workers some day and no mummy to help you out.

Mortimer said:

Beneath a veneer of conservatism your rhetoric is that of a Trotskyite. In other circumstances you'd be mouthing off about 'scabs' undermining the proletariat by 'willing to work at low wages'.
    This must be a record - called a Neo-Fascist and a Trot in the same fortnight! Both incorrect labels by loud Remainers, Surprise surprise!
    Sandpit said:

MrsB said:

malcolmg said:

LOL!
    Sandpit , you laughing at me :)
    malcolmg said:

Sandpit said:

MrsB said:

malcolmg said:

LOL!
    Would I ever laugh at you, Malcolm? ;)
    HaroldO said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

If you are in, you are in and you get the benefits. The problem is if you aren't employed then it is hard to find a job, much harder than here and the younger you are the harder it is.
    The best route would be the best of both worlds, but that is going to be very difficult to somehow get to.
    Unfortunately UK policy has been for low wage economy for a long time , we see the results of that big style, a small elite rich at the top , middle lot paying to subsidise all the low wages/unemployed and rampant immigration to get wages as low as they can.
    edited April 2017
    malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

Scotland could do with some immigration and some decent policies , if only the UK government would allow it.
    PS: You sound like a snotty little twerp, hope you find yourself as one of those low paid workers some day and no mummy to help you out.
    Almost worth Scotland seeing become Indy to see just how little French style socialism they can afford.

MrsB said:

malcolmg said:

That's printed at the bottom of every article in the Guardian too
    edited April 2017
    Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Sandpit said:

MrsB said:

malcolmg said:

LOL!
    Would I ever laugh at you, Malcolm? ;)
    Adding mocking to it now:)
    PS: No derision or I will be crying
    edited April 2017
    malcolmg said:

Sandpit said:

MrsB said:

malcolmg said:

LOL!
    Why not? Everyone else is. How could you have possibly been fooled by that obvious spoof? Mr. G, I am surprised at you
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Good evening, my fellow F1 enthusiasts.

Pre-race ramble with two tips by me and more in the comments:
    http://enormo-haddock.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/china-pre-race-2017.html

Difficult one to predict but the grid, and weather, is intriguingly poised.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,742

NOOORRRRWWWWICCCCHHHHH

Not often Norwich supporters get to count their goals on both hands.
    Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:

malcolmg said:

HaroldO said:

Sean_F said:

Almost worth Scotland seeing become Indy to see just how little French style socialism they can afford.

Your wish will be granted soon.

NOOORRRRWWWWICCCCHHHHH

Not often Norwich supporters get to count their goals on both hands.
    Which is pretty surprising considering that only takes three :P
    edited April 2017

malcolmg said:

Sandpit said:

MrsB said:

malcolmg said:

LOL!
    Why not? Everyone else is. How could you have possibly been fooled by that obvious spoof? Mr. G, I am surprised at you
    Hurst I am in the garden , can hardly see the laptop screen , a few glasses of lemonade taken , so easy mistake to make. I will never live it down.
    PS: I was really just testing to see if anyone would notice. MRSB gets a gold star for observance.
  • BannedInParisBannedInParis Posts: 2,191
    Had a thought about how to present this data - net gains as each month progresses. Three or four different coloured lines.

More than happy to play if someone wants to send 2015 to now data ...
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Sandpit said:

MrsB said:

malcolmg said:

LOL!
    Hurst I am in the garden , can hardly see the laptop screen , a few glasses of lemonade taken , so easy mistake to make. I will never live it down.
    Ach I wouldn't worry. It's not as if anyone still mentions the Monty Hall problem to scottP...
    Right time to step away from the keyboard less I attempt to cash in my £2 ew on the National.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    One thing is for sure, this race won't be starting at 17:15....
This discussion has been closed.