Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Amber Rudd moves to joint 3rd CON leader favourite following s

13»

Comments

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Mr. Glenn, not sure the two are comparable as the UK does not seek to impose laws on Australia and charge them £10bn or so a year for the privilege.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    An Indo-Chinese (or Sino-Indian, if you prefer) border dispute, with a boxer trying to calm things down:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-40843119
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,238

Good luck with paying the EU £36 billion and up beyond our membership obligations to the EU. There was a documentary about the London fire brigade where a woman was trapped in a car after a road accident. They had to wait three hours for ambulance workers before they could cut her out.

No money for the ambulance service, but willing to give it away so their chums can continue lining their pockets. I would like to see them try to sell that.

I might agree if my sister's mother-in-law hadn't been left for three hours in the street with a broken shoulder because the ambulance service literally couldn't be bothered to turn up - then when my sister complained about her treatment, the ambulance crew lodged a vexatious charge with social services that she was beating her children. Fortunately her case worker turned out to be what I think must be the only sane social worker in Gloucestershire.

That was in 2009 when your lot were in charge. But it still rankles.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,993

Good luck with paying the EU £36 billion and up beyond our membership obligations to the EU. There was a documentary about the London fire brigade where a woman was trapped in a car after a road accident. They had to wait three hours for ambulance workers before they could cut her out.

No money for the ambulance service, but willing to give it away so their chums can continue lining their pockets. I would like to see them try to sell that.

If we are asking for a three year transition period, then we're going to pay for the privilege.

If you don't want a transition, that's fine, but then you do need to explain to businesses (like mine), why you don't feel it's necessary to replicate the EU's existing trading arrangements before departure.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,609
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

@ydoethur - At least Root didn't fail to convert a 50 to a 100 this time, eh?

He's clearly learning...
    Nigelb said:

@ydoethur - At least Root didn't fail to convert a 50 to a 100 this time, eh?

Cunning of him.

I like this suggestion courtesy of cricinfo:

"If Ian Bell does make a successful comeback, perhaps he should be immortalised with his own End?..."

He never was popular. Something to do with not converting 50s into 100s :lol:
    I thought after your own innuendo bingo effort this morning, you'd enjoy that ..?

I did. Sorry if my response was too obscure!

What we really need though is a Pietersen end at Nottingham or Southampton, so a parochial announcer can declare the bowler is coming from the Bellend's End...

Edit - and if anyone wants to see a really shocking conversion rate, Northants have had six batsman get to 25, 3 to 50, Not one has gone past 70. So somehow Gloucestershire are still in the match.
    Ha.
    Though I must admit I'm a huge admirer of Pietersen... as a cricketer.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,609

An Indo-Chinese (or Sino-Indian, if you prefer) border dispute, with a boxer trying to calm things down:

China seem to have picked up the concept of borderization (sic) from the Russians.

• Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,238
    Talking of laziness and leaving things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-40842261

It is extraordinary to think that the police service called in a helicopter but apparently didn't think to look in his house. There must surely be more to it than that.

Or are Police Scotland once again proving that they were the most cretinous governmental error since Olaf the Hairy, High King of all the Vikings, accidentally ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067

Mr. Glenn, not sure the two are comparable as the UK does not seek to impose laws on Australia and charge them £10bn or so a year for the privilege.

It also means that we influence their laws in return of course.

You should read Lord Cockfield's white paper on the completion of the single market. It's depressing that we are now engaged in undoing was has been done. Doing less, not more.

http://europa.eu/documents/comm/white_papers/pdf/com1985_0310_f_en.pdf

To do less [...] would be to offer the peoples of Europe a narrower, less rewarding, less secure, less prosperous future than they could otherwise enjoy. That is the measure of the challenge which faces us. Let it never be said that we were incapable of rising to it.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Nigelb said:

China seem to have picked up the concept of borderization (sic) from the Russians.

There was an agreed treaty that from the 1840s that China repudiated - but Nepal and India (at the time British India and the Ghorka Kingdom) still abide by. China prefers an (unauthorised) draft that was forwarded to it by an local officer of the East India Company to which the Qing Dynasty never bothered to reply.

Unfortunately, David Miliband, being a complete and utter numpty, decided to curry (sic) favour with the Chinese by agreeing that China had sovereignty over Tibet (rather than the historical British view that China had suzerainity but not sovereignty). In renouncing the Treaty that set this out he accidentally also cancelled the agreed border between China and India...
This discussion has been closed.