Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Johnson the big loser – Rees-Mogg the big winner in the CON le

SystemSystem Posts: 11,682
edited August 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Johnson the big loser – Rees-Mogg the big winner in the CON leadership betting since the election

Given that the loss of the CON overall majority at general election happened less than ten weeks it is quite extraordinary to look back at the change in TMay replacement betting since then.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    I must time my subscription to the tory party carefully - I belief there is a delay of 3 months before you become eligible to vote.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,238
    The curse of the double thread strikes multiple times?
  • Options
    A few weeks ago, I bet £100 with JohnO of this parish that Theresa May wouldn't be Tory leader/PM by the start of 2018 Parliamentary recess (circa July 2018.)

This Tory conference is going to be like The X Factor but with Andrea Leadsom, Boris Johnson, David Davis, Boris et al.

Somebody I trust implicitly in the world of Tory politics is convinced Hammond and Fox have done a deal, Fox will back Hammond in exchange for becoming Foreign Secretary.
  • Options

A few weeks ago, I bet £100 with JohnO of this parish that Theresa May wouldn't be Tory leader/PM by the start of 2018 Parliamentary recess (circa July 2018.)

This Tory conference is going to be like The X Factor but with Andrea Leadsom, Boris Johnson, David Davis, Boris et al.

Somebody I trust implicitly in the world of Tory politics is convinced Hammond and Fox have done a deal, Fox will back Hammond in exchange for becoming Foreign Secretary.

At evens?
  • Options
    In the next three weeks I'll be writing my Jacob Rees-Mogg's religion means he can't be Tory leader/PM.

I'm laying both Boris and The Papist.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I and VI like King James!!!!

Been wanting to do that for years, maybe getting out more would help?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Still think Hammond likeliest to get the gig, although I am a bit perturbed that Mr. Eagles agrees with me :p
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

In the next three weeks I'll be writing my Jacob Rees-Mogg's religion means he can't be Tory leader/PM.

AVe Maria thread combination to await then?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Mr Eagles, TMI :hushed:
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,221
    I'm with Mike, no leadership election for 3, maybe 4 years.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,613
    Looks like the penny has dropped with some punters that Ruthie isn't eligible to stand.

• Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

At evens?
    Yeah, it was a friendly bet, I suspect whoever wins will be using the proceeds to treat the other to lunch at Searcys champagne bar and restaurant, so win win.
  • Options

Does it also mean he can't marry Prince George?
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

He can, the coalition changed the rules on Royals marrying Catholics, but JRM won't marry Prince George because he is loyal to another master, not of this country.

As a practising Catholic, Rees Mogg opposed gay marriage on the basis that on such matters he took his whip from the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church, not the Whip's Office.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,613

Moggie would certainly be less inclined to do a deal with the bowler hats.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Ishmael_Z said:

He'd have to be a priest or a registrar to do that, surely?

Or do you mean 'get married to?'

Sorry, I am fuming at an idiot solicitor who has sent the wrong paperwork and is blustering to cover up their error.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

on the basis that on such matters he took his whip from the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church.

What are the DUP's view on this :>
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Sorry, I am fuming at an idiot solicitor who has sent the wrong paperwork and is blustering to cover up their error.

Are you moving house too ?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

on the basis that on such matters he took his whip from the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church.

They consider him on par with The Whore of Bablyon.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    Why would the Conservatives want to change their leader now? If they do, they'll be back into the "seeking his/her own mandate" situation, as well as still having the whole Brexit thing waiting to go pear-shaped on them.

The sensible thing to do, surely, would be to let Mrs May grapple with the Brexit situation and then install a fresh face who can disavow all the errors.

But if it seems sensible to me, it probably doesn't seem good politics to politicians.

Good afternoon, everybody.
  • Options
    Mr. Doethur, my sympathies. There are few things more irksome than having unexpected work to do because someone else has screwed up.

Good afternoon, Miss JGP.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,304
    Ishmael_Z said:

Isn't it properly VI and I?

Without violating the space-time continuum not sure how you could achieve that?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Disgraced former minster Liam Fox who resigned in disgrace who is Minister for International Trade?
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    619 said:
    Thats a teneous link at best....
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Isn't it properly VI and I?

Without violating the space-time continuum not sure how you could achieve that?
    You are right; I assume it's because he became VI 35 odd years before becoming I.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942

If the latter is the case, it won't make a difference. Fox was the least likely leaver to win anyway....
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    OPTION 1: Chappers does indeed know where the bodies are buried

OPTION 2: He is about to get sued into oblivion
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,304
    AnneJGP said:

Why would the Conservatives want to change their leader now? If they do, they'll be back into the "seeking his/her own mandate" situation, as well as still having the whole Brexit thing waiting to go pear-shaped on them.

The sensible thing to do, surely, would be to let Mrs May grapple with the Brexit situation and then install a fresh face who can disavow all the errors.

But if it seems sensible to me, it probably doesn't seem good politics to politicians.

Yes, yes, too bloody right, and good afternoon to you also.
  • Options
    On happier door news, just got the proof copy of Traitor's Prize. It has significantly more dead nuns than the previous book.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784

619 said:
    Until the trump fans thinks it ok to run over CNN supporters
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    Alistair said:

Disgraced former minster Liam Fox who resigned in disgrace who is Minister for International Trade?
    Oh dear god. Are the Tories THAT desperate that they will promote Liam Fox???
  • Options
    Mr. 619, perhaps. And yet, still preferable to PM Corbyn.

The thinning of the ranks is genuinely interesting. Did Osborne cull anyone? I know he promoted/had promoted his supporters but I can't recall him driving people out as per Brown.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited August 2017
    619 said:

619 said:
    Until the trump fans thinks it ok to run over CNN supporters
    I believe the person who tweeted that made it pretty clear the meme wasnt about running them over, it was cnn were trying to stop the train.

All these meme from all sides just bloody clog up my Twitter feed. If it's not trump / anti trump, it's bloody moamentumers.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    AnneJGP said:

Problem is TMay is simply not up to it. Totally inflexible and can't think on her feet.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Not just a Minister but a Secretary of State.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

Mr. Doethur, my sympathies. There are few things more irksome than having unexpected work to do because someone else has screwed up.

Good afternoon, Miss JGP.

Thank you, Mr Dancer. I'm still hiding behind the sofa where politics is concerned - lurking here but not often showing my (type)face.
  • Options
    I totes hadn't heard of James Chapman until he was mentioned here, but he doesn't seem to be doing himself any favours considering he's out of a job.

I wouldn't hire anybody who left an online trail of squabbling with people.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,715
    The Conservative Party can split into three factions: the serious Brexiteers led by David Davis; sceptical ex-Remainers led by Philip Hammond and the fruitcakes who seem to be represented by Jacob Rees Might currently. Sceptical ex-Remainers must be the largest faction within the parliamentary party with a large minority of serious Brexiteers. So Hammond and Davis should get the nod. The membership has a high proportion of fruitcakes who I assume will join with the serious Brexiteers to select Davis
  • Options
    chrisoxonchrisoxon Posts: 204
    Scott_P said:

OPTION 1: Chappers does indeed know where the bodies are buried

OPTION 2: He is about to get sued into oblivion

As I said on previous thread, this isn't how you get taken seriously as a whistleblower. Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to use his contacts to get a slot on Newsnight to blow the whole thing open? Or, maybe sit down with some politicians and actually formulate a plan to launch a new party - you don't plot defections in public! Or, secured a lucrative tell all book deal.

I did wonder if he was just trolling, his actions over the last 24 hours have made me think it more likely that he could be having health problems.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

I totes hadn't heard of James Chapman until he was mentioned here, but he doesn't seem to be doing himself any favours considering he's out of a job.

Chapman is not out of a job

• Options
    Utterly OT, but an interesting article on kidnapped Saudi princes:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40926963
  • Options

Yes, I'm sure Bell Pottinger are glad they're paying him a fortune for the contacts book he's set fire to on twitter
  • Options

Utterly OT, but an interesting article on kidnapped Saudi princes:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-40926963

The bbc documentary the other night on Kim Jong fatty fatty bum bum knocking off his brother was really interesting.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,966
    edited August 2017
    Off topic, but the youngest's school has decided a new uniform is necessary. Complete change of colours and of PE kit. Available from one supplier only. £150, and the perfectly serviceable old uniform is wasted.
    Is it any wonder people feel the economy isn't working for them? We can afford it, although I'd rather not, but many others won't find it easy.
    Edit.
    Being completely new of course there are no second hand or hand me downs for the less well off.
  • Options
    Mr. Urquhart, didn't see it, but that was quite a sad event.

Mr. Dean, that sounds a bit wretched of the school, quite frankly.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,335
    To be fair, Davis on Today this morning gave the impression of being reasonably well-briefed and understanding it - elements of bluff and spin (e.g. eliding "negotiating a deal" with "implementing a deal"), but that's pretty inevitable in his current situation.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306

Pulpstar said:

They consider him on par with The Whore of Bablyon.
    In fairness that is one thing in his favour but being a Catholic is so far down the list of issues with JRM that you have to turn over the page to find it.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,990

Yet!!!!
  • Options

Mr. Urquhart, didn't see it, but that was quite a sad event.

Mr. Dean, that sounds a bit wretched of the school, quite frankly.

Well worth a watch as gave background of why and also a number of wrinkles not really reported when it happened.
  • Options

I've been doing the same.

Trouble is that I've been laying everybody else too. It's one of those races when you think nobody is good enough to win, but somebody has to.

I'd be inclined to agree with Mike that TM will stay on, faute de mieux, but can't somehow see her credibly managing the Party Conference.

What's Ken Clarke doing these days?
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,854
    Afternoon all :)

More vitriol being poured over Mr Chapman it seems. Part of me wonders if the Conservatives are worried he will have some ex (as they will be) Tories with him on September 9th.

What a laugh that would be - 20 Democrat MPs, a new fourth party (after the SNP) and May's majority in tatters.

It won't happen of course but just the possibility it might has clearly rattled a few.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Such a solicitor very nearly cost my grandson, buying his first house a couple of thousand £.
    Although it’s all turned out OK he’s stil thinking about a formal complaint.
    In between decorating!
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306

To be fair, Davis on Today this morning gave the impression of being reasonably well-briefed and understanding it - elements of bluff and spin (e.g. eliding "negotiating a deal" with "implementing a deal"), but that's pretty inevitable in his current situation.

You think? Admittedly the inanity of the questions and the constant interrupting of every answer didn't help but I thought he was a bit underwhelming tbh. And I fear the claim that the negotiations were going "brilliantly" was a bit of a hostage to fortune, a future cheque that Barnier will no doubt cash in at some inopportune moment.
  • Options
    stodge said:

More vitriol being poured over Mr Chapman it seems. Part of me wonders if the Conservatives are worried he will have some ex (as they will be) Tories with him on September 9th.

What a laugh that would be - 20 Democrat MPs, a new fourth party (after the SNP) and May's majority in tatters.

It won't happen of course but just the possibility it might has clearly rattled a few.

...or there could be some genuine concern for him. The stuff last week seemed like someone letting off steam, albeit in a rather juvenile manner, this week it's closer to self immolation.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    That was James Chapman from Whitley Bay!
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Such a solicitor very nearly cost my grandson, buying his first house a couple of thousand £.
    In between decorating!
    We have got to the stage where it's become clear what went wrong (although they haven't admitted it yet) and I have said I will allow matters to proceed if I get an apology from the boss and an assurance it won't happen again.

Ball is now in their court.

And it certainly won't happen again as I will make sure I do not have dealings with them in future. Unfortunately they are not technically working for me.
  • Options

Moggie would certainly be less inclined to do a deal with the bowler hats.
    And vice versa
  • Options
    DavidL said:

You think? Admittedly the inanity of the questions and the constant interrupting of every answer didn't help but I thought he was a bit underwhelming tbh. And I fear the claim that the negotiations were going "brilliantly" was a bit of a hostage to fortune, a future cheque that Barnier will no doubt cash in at some inopportune moment.
    The fact they are happening at all is something given how tedious the start was and how slowly the EU are trying to make them move.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

In between decorating!
    We have got to the stage where it's become clear what went wrong (although they haven't admitted it yet) and I have said I will allow matters to proceed if I get an apology from the boss and an assurance it won't happen again.

And it certainly won't happen again as I will make sure I do not have dealings with them in future. Unfortunately they are not technically working for me.
    The dreadful thing is that they don’t seem to give a monkeys. And neither, AFAIK, does their regulatory body.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

In between decorating!

The dreadful thing is that they don’t seem to give a monkeys. And neither, AFAIK, does their regulatory body.
    No. Self-regulation has little to commend it.

However, the mere threat of a complaint to the Law Society was sufficient for it to be escalated very rapidly. I suspect it costs them a lot of time and effort to respond even if they're sure of the eventual outcome.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    ydoethur said:

No. Self-regulation has little to commend it.

Shhhh

The Brexiteers were praising self-regulation on the previous thread...
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

AnneJGP said:

Problem is TMay is simply not up to it. Totally inflexible and can't think on her feet.
    Who do you suggest, then, MSmithson? JCorbyn? BJohnson? JRees-Mogg?
  • Options

Don't you mean "JChapman is not out of a job"?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Re the thread header, the one is a function of the other. As the Boris balloon has deflated, the Rees-Mogg bandwagon has begun to roll. The latest comedy candidate has mopped up some of the support of the previous one.

Jacob Rees-Mogg looks like the clearest of lays. I'm not so sure about Boris Johnson. He might even represent value for the first time in many years.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Ishmael_Z said:

I think you've just won PB :)
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    Scott_P said:

hts://twitter.com/sunpolitics/status/897490620029304833

While I like Clegg, I feel he could be doing something more useful with his time. Also, he better write fast.

Rees-Mogg mania is silly season stuff obviously, although that didn't stop Boris from getting within one Michael Gove backstab away from becoming PM. Granted, that took years of work to get to that point. Although Rees-Mogg's persona is more old school charm than affable rogue, so maybe that would cut the period down by a few years.

I am surprised to see Hammond's predicted chances rise though.
  • Options
    stodge said:

That may be the case, but vitriol is not always poured out of fear, but some people assume that is the case every time, just because occasionally it is.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897

Re the thread header, the one is a function of the other. As the Boris balloon has deflated, the Rees-Mogg bandwagon has begun to roll. The latest comedy candidate has mopped up some of the support of the previous one.

Jacob Rees-Mogg looks like the clearest of lays. I'm not so sure about Boris Johnson. He might even represent value for the first time in many years.

I was just thinking the same about Boris, having laid him at much better odds last summer.

The next Tory leader market has always been a lay-the-favourite market, and usually lay the second favourite too. I see no reason to change that habit any time soon. Unless the party conspires to push Mrs May out at Conference of course, in which case anything could happen.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Solicitor's blustering? So out of character.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

stodge said:

That may be the case, but vitriol is not always poured out of fear, but some people assume that is the case every time, just because occasionally it is.
    What's going on on Sep 9th? *out of the loop*
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

I've no idea - the launch of the 'democrats'? As is apparent, I'm taking a more casual approach to politics at present.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,221
    kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

I've no idea - the launch of the 'democrats'?
    Apparently. Parliament Square
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Before I pile on (a few quid at most) lets run a mental exercise.

If JRM gets to the last 2 who could he win against. Who does he lose to?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

I've no idea - the launch of the 'democrats'? As is apparent, I'm taking a more casual approach to politics at present.
    Another "Day of Rage" flop? :p
  • Options
    kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

Parliament returns from the summer recess. For about a week and a half.

I don't understand why they don't just move the whole conference season forward two weeks.
  • Options

AnneJGP said:

If forced to choose between those four, I think I'd go for MSmithson.
  • Options
    RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

Start of my holiday.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

Yeah, Chapman's 'Launch Party'. I guess the concern among the Tories is that he might get an Anna Soubry or Heidi Allen to turn up. Doesn't take many 'events' for the majority to evaporate.
  • Options

AnneJGP said:

Sadly, proven to be petulant when a vote doesn't go his way.
  • Options

AnneJGP said:

Is RSmithson an option?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

Yeah, Chapman's 'Launch Party'. I guess the concern among the Tories is that he might get an Anna Soubry or Heidi Allen to turn up. Doesn't take many 'events' for the majority to evaporate.
    Few people are bold enough to be the first to jump. Probably dozens of Tories wanted to be UKIP but it took a long time before one of them finally did it, and UKIP spent every moment since then regretting that he did.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Sandpit said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

Few people are bold enough to be the first to jump. Probably dozens of Tories wanted to be UKIP but it took a long time before one of them finally did it, and UKIP spent every moment since then regretting that he did.
    Although it was a prerequisite for winning the referendum. Perhaps not him in particular, but an MP.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

Well Heidi would quickly find out in any by-election that South Cambridgeshire votes for a blue rosette and not her.
    Soubry is in a more interesting place politically speaking as Broxtowe is ultra-marginal mind.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,335
    dixiedean said:

Off topic, but the youngest's school has decided a new uniform is necessary. Complete change of colours and of PE kit. Available from one supplier only. £150, and the perfectly serviceable old uniform is wasted.
    Is it any wonder people feel the economy isn't working for them? We can afford it, although I'd rather not, but many others won't find it easy.
    Edit.
    Being completely new of course there are no second hand or hand me downs for the less well off.

I worked with a militant nonagenarian (really) Kipper in Broxtowe to try to break the monopoly that a local clothing firm - they had a sweetheart deal with schools under which they gave the school a rakeoff (10%) I think in return for the school declaring them mandatory. A rival local tailors' shop wanted to produce literally identical clothing at half the price but the school said that kids who used it would be sent home.

This seemed to both of us a ridiculous example of restrictive trade practices at the expense of low-income parents, but the various bodies who I approached all declined to intervene - a matter for the school, blah blah. The school clearly regarded it as a nice little earner. Perhaps this government might take an interest - free competition and all that?
  • Options
    chrisoxon said:

Yes, I'm sure Bell Pottinger are glad they're paying him a fortune for the contacts book he's set fire to on twitter
    If he's in a job it's even more inadvisable.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Amidst all the froth and silliness on here about Chapman and the inevitable criticism of David Davis I notice Irish PM has warmly welcomed today's proposals. It really is time to start looking at the wood not the trees.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Edit.

Why cannot existing items be used and when replaced, replaced with the new, rather than everything having to be junked and changed?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Alistair said:

Before I pile on (a few quid at most) lets run a mental exercise.

If JRM gets to the last 2 who could he win against. Who does he lose to?
    I don't see him ever getting to the last two unless Theresa May goes into the next election as leader. Even then I'm very doubtful. The Conservative system is designed to weed out colourful outsiders with minimal experience. Usually it works.

I expect that in the coming months Jacob Rees-Mogg will say something that even the wildest headbangers will struggle to defend (people who are frequently quoted because they are quotable almost always do). The juggernaut will then come to a juddering halt.

I'm very happy with my position on this market. Right now I make money provided that the Conservatives don't choose Jacob Rees-Mogg as next Prime Minister and provided that the next Prime Minister isn't a current Conservative who fails to be next leader of the Conservatives. I expect that I'll get the opportunity to sort both of these holes out profitably in the coming months if I need to.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    He should get Blair, Mandelson and Osborne as co-authors. Collectively they are extremely popular and do nothing but improve the image of the Remain cause.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Edit.

I worked with a militant nonagenarian (really) Kipper in Broxtowe to try to break the monopoly that a local clothing firm - they had a sweetheart deal with schools under which they gave the school a rakeoff (10%) I think in return for the school declaring them mandatory. A rival local tailors' shop wanted to produce literally identical clothing at half the price but the school said that kids who used it would be sent home.

This seemed to both of us a ridiculous example of restrictive trade practices at the expense of low-income parents, but the various bodies who I approached all declined to intervene - a matter for the school, blah blah. The school clearly regarded it as a nice little earner. Perhaps this government might take an interest - free competition and all that?
    If they are literally identical, how can they tell? Or do they keep records of who purchased them and compare them with the school register? In any case, ridiculous.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,817
    edited August 2017
    FPT

@isam nailed it
    isam said:

Scott_P said:

Oh the bitterness of the losers... you're all rich, pay for private therapy don't embarrass yourselves in public
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Sandpit said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

Very true, and a good point about Carswell and UKIP! There's also the precident set by the last two defectors that it's only fair to allow their constituents the chance to deselect them, which will make the decision harder for the individuals involved.

But whatever Chappers is up to, it means nothing if he's not got MPs behind him. A few metropolitan journalists and former politicians isn't going to cut the mustard.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,817
    edited August 2017
    Scott_P said:

How long does it take to write a book, have it edited and published?

Given we'll be leaving (well going to transition) in just over 18 months he'd better get on with it... We'll have left by the time it's published! :D
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:

How long does it take to write a book, have it edited and published?

Given we'll be leaving (well going to transition) in just over 18 months he'd better get on with it... We'll have left by the time it's published! :D
    Well, it needn't be that long and he's probably got plenty of free time.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Edit.

Why cannot existing items be used and when replaced, replaced with the new, rather than everything having to be junked and changed?
    Because that would be sensible?
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

kle4 said:

Sandpit said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

Very true, and a good point about Carswell and UKIP! There's also the precident set by the last two defectors that it's only fair to allow their constituents the chance to deselect them, which will make the decision harder for the individuals involved.

But whatever Chappers is up to, it means nothing if he's not got MPs behind him. A few metropolitan journalists and former politicians isn't going to cut the mustard.
    I think it's very unlikely pro-European defectors have ethical standards on democracy as strong as the eurosceptics.
This discussion has been closed.